Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Would you date/marry a person in the military
 red.mags
Msg: 154 (view)

Would you date/marry a person in the military
Posted: 8/20/2008 2:47:08 AM
To be honest I most definitely would. I do see how for some people it would be problematic with the distance and danger involved, to me though doing what you do makes me view people in the military, marines, etc. in a positive light that you are willing to commit yourselves to your country that way and its a good thing. So i know it is hard but keep trying you'll find that stand by your side through thick and thin person. :)
 red.mags
Msg: 21 (view)

Mind, Body, Looks or a combination ?
Posted: 11/8/2007 2:22:02 PM
Rebel truthfully I think it is different for every woman.

There are situations where we don't find someone attractive to begin with but after getting to know them and genuinely liking them through their personality and how the present themselves to the world can change our perception and then we may begin to find that particular person attractive.

Just as in instances where there is a super hot guy...though it is in reverse they may be pretty but if they have an ugly personality then they will after a time become ugly to us.

And then sometimes it can be a combo of both situations. It really all depends on a person. My view is that you should never start dating someone off the bat but be friends first with the prospect of a relationship in the future and that gives both parties the chance to know one another's true personality first off and the attraction can grow from that or they may realize they were not meant to be without the hassle of drama ensueing from a bad starting relationship.

Anywho thats my two cents hope it helped.
 red.mags
Msg: 24 (view)

a question 4 the ladies
Posted: 4/27/2006 12:48:40 PM
Well it depends on how you show it. If all you do is whine about things you think are wrong with yourself then ya definitely it's a turn-off. Visibly uncomfortable in crowds? you may just be afraid of crowds because of the amount of people looking at you, it affects your self-confidence if you even subconsciously think everyone is staring at you at some point or another while in that crowd. But that part specifically is not a turn-off.
 red.mags
Msg: 3 (view)

Six Ways to Woo Your Lover!
Posted: 4/27/2006 12:45:05 PM
wow. that's a very interesting article. I don't agree with the experiencing fear part together though. Fear is never good. -_-()
 red.mags
Msg: 2 (view)

How do you get over it?!
Posted: 4/27/2006 12:38:35 PM
Not that I am the best person for this but. I was in your situation at the start of the school year last year when I moved into a residence and majority of my neighbours were guys. First find a few guys that you would only ever see as friends and get comfortable with them talk with them on a daily basis and then build your way up to other guys that you see as potentials. Dunno if that helps.
 red.mags
Msg: 4 (view)

LET ME REVIEW YOU!!!
Posted: 4/27/2006 12:33:50 PM
Review me. ^_^ I want to know if I have any flaws that stick out in my profile.
 red.mags
Msg: 9 (view)

Uncomfortable :( why?
Posted: 4/27/2006 12:27:40 PM
Kitkat45: Oh my gosh your so nice! thanks! I will probably go at least consult my doctor about this problem and see if she reccommends I see a therapist. I am not adverse to all touching but sometimes I just get what I call the crawly goosebumps and nervous feeling.

Thanks also to cheekychica & acepdk you also had sound advice and opinions. thanks.
 red.mags
Msg: 2 (view)

Dill pickle and Peanut butter sandwiches...
Posted: 4/27/2006 12:22:43 PM
O_O lol no way am I pregnant. lol but your right pickles and peanut combos are a craving preggie girls have my sister told me she had them but she still never made PB &dill sanwiches.
 red.mags
Msg: 1 (view)

Dill pickle and Peanut butter sandwiches...
Posted: 4/27/2006 6:46:09 AM
Is it a crazy craving of mine to love Dill Pickle and Peanut Butter sandwiches or does anyone else think they are awesome too?
 red.mags
Msg: 6 (view)

What am I doing wrong?
Posted: 4/27/2006 5:41:25 AM
Well just try to strike up a simple conversation with a potential gal and don't expect too much in the way of a response I have had the same problem where I send out far too many unreplied messages. Just keep trying and you get to weed out the bad ones and let the good *fish* swim to the surface. ^_^
 red.mags
Msg: 20 (view)

Should I put out on the first date?
Posted: 4/27/2006 5:33:32 AM
Sex on a first date for *respectable* girls is not a good idea. If you know your not gonna be serious with her and vice versa than go for it but if you want the relationship to go anywhere I suggest not bangin her on the first date.
 red.mags
Msg: 4 (view)

WOMEN: What is the ideal height difference between a man and a woman?
Posted: 4/27/2006 5:30:06 AM
Personally if a guy interests me enough I don't mind if he is a few inches shorter than me but I do prefer a guy who is at least my height (5'9") or taller. I already have a LOT of friends who are MUCH shorter than me and bending down to hug them or always towering over them makes me feel kinda clumsy and giant-ish. so if my guy is taller than me it is a big plus.
 red.mags
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 4/27/2006 5:02:57 AM
hmmm some more sound advice that I plan to take into consideration..

marshw: I don't know if it is the same but when I was a kid I used to be spanked with a leather belt and yelled at a lot I don't know if that could have had the same kind of effect. But I know for a fact that I was never sexually abused. Emotionally is a WHOLE other matter though. But I will take your advice of making a move....now just to find the right moment. hmmmm...

goodguy4uladies: I agree with you that maybe just explaining to him may make him more understanding of my situation Thanks.
 red.mags
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 4/26/2006 3:32:35 AM
Trulymypleasure: really? wow...I never thought of that...thanks I will look into that.

To everyone else who replied thanks for your input it helps. ^_^
 red.mags

Should I?
Posted: 4/26/2006 12:08:54 AM
So I really like this guy and I think he likes me too. But he has this on again off again girlfriend. Like while he is at school she never calls him he always complains about her and she only visited him like twice. And he is moving to my hometown and we will be spending even more time together I don't know whether or not to make a move or at the very least tell him I like him. but I am shy and nervous when it comes to guys...

should I make a move and tell him? or should I do nothing...

Please help.
 red.mags

Posted: 4/25/2006 11:43:46 PM
I don't know what to do. I come from a distant family so I don't know if it is from growin up in a family who doesn't hug much & is dominated by females (out of 15 cousins only 2 boys) or what.. but I seem to be uncomfortable whenever a guy has laid a hand on me. I am better than I was a few years ago where I would've cringed if a guy hugged me...now I don't but I am still nervous of the opposite sex when they make advances on me.

As a result of my uncomfortable attitude I haven't been on many dates and I have never been in a relationship... I also find it hard to take compliments whether they are true or just said to make me happy.

I like this guy now but I don't know how to act around him. I don't know if I should make the first move and if yes than what type of move where I would be comfortable. It sucks that I feel this way and don't know how to interpret the way he acts around me..I mean we playfight all the time, he jokes around with me, he touches my leg when we watch a movie and other stuff but I don't know whether he sees me as a friend or maybe something more..

So basically advice I need is to interpret his moves and whether or not I should make the first move..or wait until he actually lets me know if he is interested in me in that way...

Help! :(

Show ALL Forums