Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: wat do you call bbQ??
 MaggieKiwi
Msg: 16 (view)

wat do you call bbQ??
Posted: 11/3/2011 7:40:33 PM
BBQ is where you cook meat (usually steak, chops, burger patties or sausages and maybe corn on the cob and other veg wrapped in foil on an outdoor gas barbeque.
Usually the guy of the house likes to cook the BBQ and everyone sits around on lawn chairs with a beer or glass of wine chatting, the kids play while waiting for him to cook and it is a summer thing.
 maggiekiwi
Msg: 62 (view)

Camping get togethers?
Posted: 3/8/2009 11:40:40 PM
I loved camping but have only gone camping here in Canada twice in the last 14 years.
Both times were one night only with friends. Once on Van Island and once east of Maple Ridge.
I used to have a few good sleeping bags (-25 deg) but they went missing and I never got them back.
Now all I have here is a new one which is only 0 deg and am thinking it wouldn't be very warm out there at night in a tent (which I don't have one).
Maybe I should leave it for all you younger campers.
Maggie
 maggiekiwi
Msg: 8 (view)

February Valley Dance Pics
Posted: 3/8/2009 10:36:02 PM
Great pics, I'm sorry I missed the dance.
Maggie
 maggiekiwi
Msg: 761 (view)

Introduce Yourself Here....
Posted: 3/4/2009 12:12:05 AM
Hi everyone, Maggie from Abbotsford BC here.
 maggiekiwi
Msg: 29 (view)

Dinner @ LAX then Party at Cheers Abbotsford March 1st
Posted: 4/17/2008 1:25:48 AM
Oh I missed this event...would love to go out for dinner or lunch with everyone again...last time I went out with POF was to the Savoy here in Abby a number of years ago.
Maggie
 Maggiekiwi
Msg: 10 (view)

Chilliwack/Sardis/Cultus Lake, best places to eat I have found
Posted: 11/19/2007 10:21:14 PM
The most romantic restaurant I found was The Black Forrest in Harrison opposite the lake.
Dinner by candle light, lisenced, you can sit indoors or outside.
A good place to take that someone special whom you want to impress.
You do have to make resavations though.
Well worth it then you can stroll around the beach after.
Maggie

PS...Maybe that would be a nice place for a group of us to go.
 Maggiekiwi
Msg: 8 (view)

POF Sunday Brunch - Augest 26th/07
Posted: 8/21/2007 11:53:05 AM
Awww I will miss this brunch because I work weekends, maybe the next one.
Enjoy and hope the next one is soon.
Maggie
 Maggiekiwi
Msg: 59 (view)

ice cream.......
Posted: 6/4/2006 12:43:00 PM
Has anyone tried that garlic ice cream...eeewwww?
 Maggiekiwi
Msg: 58 (view)

ice cream.......
Posted: 6/4/2006 12:41:57 PM
Ahh, has anyone who has been to New Zealand, tried Rush Munroe ice cream?
It is a family business with their own shop in Hawke's Bay although you can now buy it in shops throughout.
Their ice cream is made with real fruit, you not only taste the fruit but you see it as well.
Rush Munroe ice cream=Passion Fruit with the tiny pips yummy
or Mocca/Coffee but not the sickly sweet s..t
 Maggiekiwi
Msg: 17 (view)

Is sci fi fantasy and horror more a guy thing or the women out there hiding
Posted: 5/21/2006 7:19:22 PM
Scarier the better, I don't watch the vampire ones anymore, so boring I fall asleep.
 Maggiekiwi
Msg: 4 (view)

what year would you like to travel to, if any?
Posted: 5/21/2006 4:21:23 PM
I'm gready, either back 70 years to meet my grandparents (if I could be my age now) or forward 5 years to see what is in store for me.
 Maggiekiwi
Msg: 146 (view)

Favorite ice cream
Posted: 5/21/2006 2:22:49 AM
Hmmmm my favourite ice cream in the whole wide world is back home in New Zealand, it isn't sickly sweet loaded with sugar.
It is Rush Monroe's Passionfruit ice cream with the tiny black passionfruit seeds, oh how I miss it sooo much.
If anyone is going to New Zealand or is there now, got to Hastings in Hawke's Bay and get one...or two lol.
 maggiekiwi
Msg: 87 (view)

Vacationing Solo
Posted: 5/15/2006 11:23:54 AM
I travel solo quite a bit, mainly flying, but I have people to go to at the other end.
In 1990 I flew from New Zealand to Vancouver on my own for the first time, didn't know anyone, I thoughly enjoyed it, I moved to Canada 11 years ago.
You will do ok, make sure you take a supply of condoms for emergencies, don't want to be unprepared lol.
Have a great time.
 maggiekiwi
Msg: 24 (view)

camping
Posted: 5/14/2006 12:32:42 AM
I love camping, I have only been once since moving here almost 11 years ago, shared a friends tent and her dog was there to keep us safe, we stayed for two nights, loved it.
we used sleeping bags on the ground with no air matresses.
(couldn't in case the dog puntured them) lol
 maggiekiwi
Msg: 11 (view)

Going to New Zealand
Posted: 5/14/2006 12:15:35 AM
Oh yes, if you are in Gisborne on the east coast and you see the sun rise, you will be one of the first to see it in the world.

The North Island has more population and the South Island has more native bush.
 maggiekiwi
Msg: 10 (view)

Going to New Zealand
Posted: 5/14/2006 12:08:39 AM
Hi there, I'm from New Zealand too but live in BC in Canada now.
I will be going home at the end of this year to spend Christmas with my daughter and her children in Christchurch in the South Island.

If you are a youth hostel member, take your card, you can get some good discounts, not only for bus travel but youth hostels and also if you are an AAA member, take your card for more discounts, you can get the discounts with both for tours.

Te Papa in Wellington is free, we have a cable car that goes from Lambton Quay up to the Botanic gardens and you get an excellent veiw of the natural harbour, you may even see one of the ferries coming in or leaving.
Wellington is the capital of NZ and if you are interested you can go to the Beehive (parliment) and go on a tour. (the building is shaped like a beehive)

They don't want you bringing in soil on your boots and camping gear because there is too much at risk with foot and mouth and other diseases that can contaminate the flora and forna over there.
NZ is dependent on sheep, butter, fruit and other exports and it could easily get wiped out.

I am from Hawke's Bay where the export fruit and some of the New Zealand wine comes from.

When you arrive in Auckland airport you will see some small booklets, grab them as they have all sorts of useful info with coupons etc.

If you like wine, there are many wineyards that you can go wine tasting throughout NZ.

If you are taking a rental car from the top to the bottom of New Zealand you may want to enquire if it is cheaper to leave it in Wellington in the North Island and pick one up in Nelson in the South Island if the company has them in both islands.

You need at least 3 weeks in each island.
 maggiekiwi
Msg: 65 (view)

If you had your choice to travel tomorrow where would you go?
Posted: 5/13/2006 9:26:16 PM
I would fly home (New Zealand) for a few months to see all my family and friends, will be doing that at the end of the year anyway but it it was tomorrow...why not.
 maggiekiwi
Msg: 149 (view)

POF BRUNCH IN ABBOTSFORD, MAY 7 TH
Posted: 5/12/2006 7:52:25 PM
I like that idea, I sure would like to go back to the Savoy with such nice people.
Lol, little did the people who enquired know that we were but a drop in the ocean compared to the large amount of people on here, (POF).
Once I start back in the park for the Summer I won't be able to go to any of these neat outings.
Could you please keep me informed.
Maggie
 maggiekiwi
Msg: 146 (view)

Posted: 5/9/2006 2:17:30 AM
Thank you Ann/Tansi for organizing such a great brunch.
I've been to dinner buffets there and had not enjoyed the food as much as I enjoyed the brunch.
It was great meeting people from POF and I recognized a few faces from their pictures online.
I look forward to going to a few more events before I do my three month job in Stanley Park starting in the middle of June.
Maggie
 maggiekiwi
Msg: 120 (view)

Posted: 5/6/2006 11:32:26 PM
Hehehe yup there sure is.
One of my friends is coming from Chilliwack and the other we will pick her up when the first one gets here.
I should have told them to bring their sleeping bags so we could sleep in the parking lot tonight, that way we get a park.
How many are we at now?
 maggiekiwi
Msg: 91 (view)

ARE VIRGINS MORE ATTRACTIVE
Posted: 5/6/2006 11:15:11 PM
The one thing I liked about it was he never needed to be reassured about how good he was (me being his first).
I often think when that question is asked during or after lovemaking it shows that the person asking is insecure with their preformance.
 maggiekiwi
Msg: 90 (view)

ARE VIRGINS MORE ATTRACTIVE
Posted: 5/6/2006 11:08:22 PM
My ex husband was a virgin, I didn't have to ask him, I knew.
I think experience comes with practise for both virgin men and virgin women.
 maggiekiwi
Msg: 58 (view)

Odor in all the wrong places, still date?
Posted: 5/6/2006 10:49:36 PM
I have a friend who once had such a bad smell it put you off going too close to her.
I told her she had something wrong (it wasn't BO) and I said you need to go see a Dr.
After a few months and a few Drs she was diognosed with cancer.
She was lucky, she had her womb removed and it has been about a year now since the op.
Maybe your friend has cancer if it isn't regular BO, is she a big woman?
Yes, too much bubble bath (3 times a day) is a no no.
 maggiekiwi
Msg: 117 (view)

Posted: 5/6/2006 8:01:54 PM
There is parking across the road but there is a four lane road to cross.
It may not be that busy to cross, can't remember if there are any cross walks near the Savoy.
Maggie
 Maggiekiwi
Msg: 110 (view)

Posted: 5/5/2006 11:31:21 PM
What a good idea, mini golf or/and batting cage, it has been a long time (over 11 years) since I slogged the ball (fastpitch)

Hmmm I should have mentioned I don't do onion or garlic (allergic to the enzymes, garlic is part of the onion family) I just hope there are lots of things without them both.
Can't wait....roll on Sunday.
Maggie
 Maggiekiwi
Msg: 84 (view)

Posted: 5/3/2006 8:13:19 PM
Ummmm tansi? Is there room for one more please?
Another friend would like to come along.
Thanks.
Maggie the kiwi!
 maggiekiwi
Msg: 77 (view)

Posted: 5/2/2006 10:46:41 PM
Tansi, I am chatting to a friend in Chilliwack and she would like to come along too, so could you please add another to the list.
Thank you.
Maggie
 maggiekiwi
Msg: 73 (view)

Posted: 5/2/2006 5:38:32 PM
Thank you sassenach lol I tried to post this yesterday but couldn't, guess I had posted my quota.
I finally managed to get a couple of photos of me on here as well.
Counting the days down to Sunday.
Maggie
 maggiekiwi
Msg: 57 (view)

Doin' it with socks or shoes on
Posted: 5/2/2006 12:26:01 AM
OMG! That's unbelievable lol
 maggiekiwi
Msg: 83 (view)

does someone's job really matter?
Posted: 5/1/2006 3:23:30 PM
So long as they are totally independant, motivated and honest who cares.
 maggiekiwi
Msg: 18 (view)

Good Places to eat, and good places to take a date
Posted: 5/1/2006 3:01:12 PM
After the first and second date and if you don't mind the drive (you could always stay over night at one of the hotels) try the Black Forest restaurant out at Harrison (Harrison Hot Springs) it can be $$ (licensed) that's why I suggested after the first couple of dates.
You can either sit indoors, dinner by candlelight or outside and look at the lake, (it is across the road from the lake) a nice stroll after dinner around the lake too.
Phone 1-604-796-9343 to reserve your table.

It's my favourite restaurant in BC

maggiekiwi
Msg: 66 (view)

Posted: 5/1/2006 12:47:33 PM
Thank you nutha and tansi for making me feel welcome. I look forward to this Sunday
Maggie
 maggiekiwi
Msg: 27 (view)

who likes scary movies?
Posted: 5/1/2006 11:41:26 AM
Are there any womin in the Abbotsford or Fraser Valley area who likes to go to scary movies but don't have anyone to go see them with?
 maggiekiwi
Msg: 25 (view)

who likes scary movies?
Posted: 5/1/2006 11:29:52 AM
I loved Silent Hills, the scarier the movie the better, I go on my own because I don't have friends who like them.
Maggie
 maggiekiwi
Msg: 63 (view)

Posted: 5/1/2006 11:05:22 AM
Hi tansi, I would love to come to the brunch here in Abbotsford, this would be my first event with POF.
In a way I feel like the odd one out.
Maggie

Show ALL Forums