Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: what is so wrong with a single dad?
 sparkyn98p2
Msg: 248 (view)

what is so wrong with a single dad?
Posted: 4/13/2019 6:02:06 AM

...there was not enough room in my 7-seat minivan so to drive anywhere I had to make two trips. Very annoying.

Damn those seat belt laws! lol

I remember when my two older boys played soccer and I was the coach... Those 8 boys on the team would do ANYthing to try to ALL fit in my minivan to go to TacoBell after practice!! "I promise, coach, I'm FINE back here in the hatch!" Lolol

I was a widow at the time. I can't even imagine trying to have fit a man in that van, too! Hahaha
 sparkyn98p2
Msg: 185 (view)

Have giftcard, will travel.
Posted: 4/12/2019 6:03:14 AM

Yes, then there's the "I only smoke when I'm drinking, so it doesn't really count" types, yet they drink multiple times per week. Non-smokers do not smoke under any circumstances. It's really that simple.

Much like the social drinkers that are basically "social" every day of the week!

I used to be a stickler for how a woman typed. Shorthand and misspellings drove me berzerk

I do not know how you quit this! I don't know why... they're, their and there and to and too misuse... it makes my eyes bleed.
I understand mistyping occasionally.
My boys call me a grammar nazi, like those silly videos.
I basically send mile long texts because I don't use the cool, new shorthand. hahaha
 sparkyn98p2
Msg: 18 (view)

Upgraded user needs help.... My profile requests your feedback
Posted: 4/12/2019 5:35:40 AM
And if we never hear from July and John again, we know why... :D :D

Well, thank you. I sincerely appreciate that comment. Good luck in fishing ;)

What I message people back when they send "You're cute!" emails. Lolol
 sparkyn98p2
Msg: 28 (view)

Advice needed on a lady I'm talking too
Posted: 4/6/2019 6:50:43 AM

Odd choice for a quote about respect.

Right. Fair enough. But, come on, we also believe that Fat Bottoms Girls make the world go round because a guy whose sexuality was odd-ball, at best, told us so. Lol!

I couldn't think of a fitting quote about being a freak by any reputable person... My bad.

I've just started posting rather than lurking on these boards. I'll try to do better. :D
 sparkyn98p2
Msg: 19 (view)

Posted: 4/5/2019 6:42:55 AM
Exactly, Jay! I'm not embarrassed about my body or body parts. I was in drama for 4 years in high school and changed costumes back stage. I was in the military and had to "share bathrooms" in many cases. I'm not shy or bashful.
Imho, I just think if you WANT respect from a SO, you should act respectful.
Like you, it takes a VERY subtle lighting (at my age) to be attractive anymore! Lolol

And that's exactly my point as a mother of boys. If I want them to treat women with respect, I have to show them what my version of respectful is. I think R Kelly says it best "I want a lady on the streets and a freak in the bed". LOLOL

I am IN NO WAY condemning breast feeding in public!!
I just think breast feeding is a LOT different than some "random" posting a pic of MY boobs online.
 sparkyn98p2
Msg: 12 (view)

profile review (35 year old irish male)
Posted: 4/5/2019 5:54:41 AM
I am with Cinny. I love dogs. But, a cuter pic would be of the dog WITH you!
I have tons of pics of my pugs. However, on the profile. I only think it's "relevant" if it's you and the dog together.
But, she's right, you want people to know your dog is important to you.
If the pics a turn off for them, it probably wasn't a good fit, anyway. :D
Best of luck!
 sparkyn98p2
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 4/5/2019 5:08:05 AM
I like the pic changes! Good choices! It shows you in a variety of settings vs just the truck. Variety of smiles. :D

Again, it's just a thing for me about the smiling with teeth. It just makes a guy seem more approach-able, if you will.
 sparkyn98p2
Msg: 36 (view)

Profile Review
Posted: 4/4/2019 5:50:39 AM
Is it awful that I wanted to go get some popcorn while I was reading this thread? :D

I know you're getting responses now.
However, if you want my humble advice, you do go on about the money piece a little too long.
Just say you're not a sugar daddy and not looking for a sugar momma and keep rolling with the rest.

Or, leave it alone now that you're getting responses. haha
Just my two cents.
 sparkyn98p2
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 4/4/2019 5:43:11 AM
The only small advice I could give is not to use the bird pic as the lead. It is kind of hard to see YOU in the thumbnail.

And, personally, I love when a guy smiles with his whole face. Teeth, eye wrinkles. The whole dirty truth.
It may just be me, but when I see a whole bunch of closed lipped smiles, I just think, "this guy doesn't want to laugh out loud at life with me". :D
That's just me, though.

But, I would consider changing the lead pic.
 sparkyn98p2
Msg: 9 (view)

No replies is it my profile??
Posted: 4/4/2019 5:33:18 AM
Don't give up. You just have to keep putting yourself out there.

Don't take it personal. If they look at your pics and your profile and pass, then let them.

Keep trying!
Good luck!!
 sparkyn98p2
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 4/4/2019 5:11:32 AM
I guess I'm old fashioned. Or maybe it's the fact I'm a mom. I would NEVER send someone a photo that I didn't personally know. And beyond that... personally know they would never share it. I would hate for my boys to ever have to be like, "Yup. There's my mom's boobs on FB because her BF got pissed." I know it sounds dramatic. I consider myself lucky it wasn't the age of technology when I was in my 20s!

Now, I have had friends who have gotten nudes quickly like that and then had comments like, "I'm only 16. Is this cool" and you know it's a scam. I'd think since this lady is sending you pics of kids, etc. She's not a scammer.

I understand I may seem more prudish. Personally, I feel like people who share nudes without invitation are either a: very proud of their stuff or b: very insecure about their personality so they're throwing their goods out there to entice you.

I'm with the other posters that say, Don't worry about it too much and if it makes you uncomfortable, do as norwegianguy says and make a light joke to turn off the pics before you're ready.

Good luck!!
 sparkyn98p2
Msg: 13 (view)

The importance of the View Back before messaging someone!!
Posted: 4/4/2019 4:59:35 AM
I actually enjoy reading the profiles, as well. I find it enlightening. I have my settings where no one can see I've viewed their profile, too. I have to say that the men that tend to look only at pics are probably the men not actually looking for relationships, but rather a hook up. lol
 sparkyn98p2
Msg: 4 (view)

Whats Wrong?
Posted: 9/29/2011 8:54:51 PM
Good point f&f! I once read that we shouldn't say they're first. Obviously, they are until the are grown...
I had something slightly different, but, in the end, kids can be a deal breaker! Good luck!
 sparkyn98p2
Msg: 7 (view)

Questions that shoild have been asked by now!
Posted: 9/29/2011 8:04:06 PM
braille writing on a drive-up atm...

And things you lose ALWAYS turn up in the LAST place you looked.

One day I'm going to wake up dead.
 sparkyn98p2
Msg: 2 (view)

Would like to hear some reviews on my profile. Thanks!
Posted: 9/29/2011 7:32:57 PM
Let me see if I get this right...
You want to know what it is about your profile that gets you a lot of responses, just not from the women you want?

Might not be your profile. Might be your approach in email. Do a search on here, there are tons of threads on first messages...
 sparkyn98p2
Msg: 8 (view)

Thoughts?
Posted: 9/29/2011 7:22:48 PM
Artist,
You may be right if you have bounced back and forth! There is nothing wrong with taking time for yourself. You're still young, enjoy it, find out who you are without the ex and have fun with that for a while before trying to jump into a new relationship. ;D

I would recommend church singles group, but I haven't had the best experiences there. I have however, found great friends in small groups at my church.

Remember, this is just an online dating site. If you truly turn it over to God, it won't matter if you're on here or not! When He's ready for you to find her, you will...

Again, good luck!!
 sparkyn98p2

Thoughts?
Posted: 9/29/2011 6:45:02 PM
Very true, John! There are a lot of liars on here. BUT, being raised a Catholic by an Irish grandfather and Polish grandmother, I was taught NOT to stoop to their level! Besides... where's your "guilt" if you lie, man?!? lol

So, I have to give it to the guy who is honest about his beliefs and will stand by them on here! ;D I wish him the best of luck finding someone who stays true, too!
 sparkyn98p2

Thoughts?
Posted: 9/29/2011 6:02:22 PM
Don't listen to John! If you said divorced and we started dating & I found out you were just seperated, I'd delete your number fast!

Secondly, why not take some time out for yourself anyway after a divorce?

I don't think there's anything wrong at all about putting God or Jesus in your profile! If it scares women off, they aren't the Christians they may claim. However, that being said, I believe there are Christian dating websites and you may have better luck there?

singlec.com is one my friend used...
 sparkyn98p2
Msg: 2 (view)

Whats Wrong?
Posted: 9/29/2011 5:54:25 PM
Could just be pickings are slim where you are?

What type of men are you trying to attract? Maybe knowing that I could help some?
 sparkyn98p2
Msg: 8 (view)

How can I get more replies?
Posted: 8/29/2011 7:04:23 PM
Partly because webcams just don't take great pics...

The lighting is better in the third. And the clarity is better. Maybe it's even the angle. Webcams typically don't put us at a flattering angle. (trust the old lady! lol) Grab a mirror and look up into it (cute)... now, put that mirror down around your waist and look down at it (shar pei!).

Get some more pics with a real camera. Try setting the timer so they don't all look like they're at arms length?
 sparkyn98p2
Msg: 17 (view)

Whats the best Thermogenic on the market?
Posted: 8/29/2011 6:45:30 PM
OP... You might have even bigger response on GNC or other forums.

I chose my current "diet pill" fad based off of some ripped guys at the gym recommendations. They stack Jack 3-D with OxyElite Pro. Neither is a miracle. You have to put in the workout to get the results.

Truth is, I don't eat clean, but I work out like a dog to eat like I want. These two don't help if I skip workouts. They do help with energy on my 5 mile days and my days that I combine strength and cardio. They don't give me the shakes. Also, I come off every other week and never take more than the minimum dose. I know how they negatively affect your body...

Plenty of sites will tell you what's the top thermogenic. Don't listen to websites, read reviews! Try other workout sites for more responses?
 sparkyn98p2
Msg: 26 (view)

Broken up but still in love
Posted: 8/29/2011 5:32:45 PM
OP, I agree with a couple of the others... You are SO young!! If you moved in together and it didn't "feel" right, chances are, it wasn't!
Don't over-romanticize the past. (that's what you're doing with the old pics!) Remember why you walked out. (Did I read you correctly that you were both living with his mother?)

Throw the pics, get rid of his stuff, delete his number from your phone...

AND... (a side note) if you are able to go out and get busy with other dude's, he's SO NOT your forever guy in your heart!

Move on.
Good luck!
 sparkyn98p2

How can I get more replies?
Posted: 8/29/2011 4:58:05 PM
I agree with Portland girl about the 3rd profile pic. Or just get some pics that are not just "head shots"?
Also, I don't know about others, but personally, I emailed back based on what they said in email and if I liked their profile. That being said... you need to either add a short bio on your profile or work on what you said in your emails?

good luck!!
 sparkyn98p2

Profile Review?
Posted: 8/29/2011 4:48:17 PM
I agree with the other two posters. While you may have been having "fun" in your profile pic... I just see half of your face, um, licking something? Maybe save the "fun" side for once you have actually met?!?
 sparkyn98p2
Msg: 21 (view)

funny kid quotes
Posted: 3/25/2010 8:46:17 PM
When I got out of the service, I sat my boys down and explained how money would be a little tight for a while. That means no more "good boy treats" at the store. And if I say "no", you can't have something that means no.
They were both very understanding and I never had any problems with them.

Until a few weeks into it, when, after swiping my debit card, the cashier asks, "Cash back?" To which I reply, "No, thank you."
My son leans into me and says in a whisper (which the cashier TOTALLY heard) "Mom? If we're broke, why don't you take the cash back?!?"

LOL... my family and I laugh now each time the cashier asks about cash back!
 sparkyn98p2
Msg: 40 (view)

speaking for 2 months every night and then he goes quiet, am I waisting my time?
Posted: 3/25/2010 7:50:19 PM

H may or may not be married, but truth be told...he's hiding something.

Has he ever texted you recent pics?

I would think the hiding something is a definite YES.

Made me think of the fat guy in the wheelchair in Gamer! :-D

Show ALL Forums