Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: HOW HONEST ARE YOU ABOUT YOURSELF
 purplestardust101
Msg: 59 (view)

HOW HONEST ARE YOU ABOUT YOURSELF
Posted: 6/20/2007 8:21:04 AM
TOTALLY honest!! That is what you have to be in order to have a lasting relationship...Everything I've said on here or to the people I've spoken with has been this way...I was looking for someone to spend my life with, why would I have to lie? Lying only gets someone in deep trouble in the long run...you ALWAYS have to remember what you told the person when you lie...sooo boring!!! Be fresh everyday, the truth lets us be WHO we are inside!!
So, I'll just continue to be a truthful person...with a lot less stress than some
Good luck in your searches...just give everyone what YOU would like in return, and you WILL find your special one!!
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 5 (view)

this fish finally found his fish...
Posted: 2/22/2007 4:24:51 PM
"CONGRATULATIONS"
You both found each other, and YES, it can happen even in farther miles than you really want to go everyone!!! It happened to me over 50 miles away!!! John and I have been together 8 wonderful month's now...
I'm really happy to see you both decided to give it a real chance the second time...I hope you'll stay happy for many, many years to come!!!
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 8 (view)

Why are some men so heartless?
Posted: 8/29/2006 7:21:45 PM
Brenda that's why we take chances...to see if it IS the ONE for us...I'm really sorry this happened to you...I know heartache also, I wouldn't wish it on my arost enemy, I wish it would never happen to anyone...and it's hard to hear someone tell you to go on because it will get better eventually...they is someone out here for each of us...just remember that...it might take a little more work to find them...but in the long run they are SOOOO worth it Brenda...you will find someone...just be honest, don't compromise yourself for anyone...and always give your love the best that you have...no one can ever say you didn't that way, and you'll always have that part in your heart...so yes, go out there and keep trying...for out here IS that someone who will think YOU are the most important person in their world!!!!
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 18 (view)

Every woman on the planet should read this
Posted: 8/24/2006 8:27:48 PM
Terrific post!!! And so glad to see it written by a guy also...see ladies...there still ARE good ones out here for you....now go message them LOL...
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 15 (view)

Do the vows of marriage mean anything to anybody anymore?
Posted: 8/24/2006 7:34:08 PM
Yes, the marriage vows do mean the world to me...I pledge my love and heart and soul to ONE person...yes, it means that you are suppossed to stick to what you say and promise...the problem today is that sooo many don't know how to keep a promise...be it in marriage or otherwise...where is the loyality...the committment...the love you share...the honesty...the trust....for me it HAS to be there...for me...all of that and more is what love and marriage is...
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 38 (view)

Bizarre Message
Posted: 8/24/2006 2:21:24 PM
BonitaS ...Hon, don't let it bother you...I once had a guy send me something like that also...here he was a player trying to make people feel sorry for him and wanted all the ladies to send him money because he was stuck in England...Just say sorry, but go on...
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101

should you remain friends with your ex...
Posted: 8/24/2006 9:23:24 AM
Sure, if it wasn't in an abusive relationship...that would be the only one I'd say No to then...but what does it hurt to stay friends? I mean you must have liked each other before it ended didn't you? lol...Just because two people don't have the same things for each other anymore, doesn't mean they can't be friends...and especially if you have kids together...let the kids at least have a good life ok...
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 18 (view)

She broke my heart and my mind (venting)
Posted: 8/23/2006 5:40:01 PM
gator.....it is hard I know, but you CAN get thru this...It IS possible!!! This is a old story, but it works so well in life...FEED the good one who is you inside...and go on...you will love...you will trust again...give yourself the chance at Life!!!! There is SO much for you out there!!! I wish only the best for you.........
~Micheline~

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that
goes on inside people. He said, "My son, the battle is between two
"Wolves" inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret,
greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, lies, false pride,
inferiority, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, truth, serenity,
humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, compassion and
faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his
grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."
 purplestardust101
Msg: 7 (view)

when to ask?
Posted: 8/22/2006 11:19:32 PM
beil121...I say you can always ask if you feel comfortable enough...and then if they feel comfortable enough also...they will agree...everyone feels differently for different people so it's kind of hard to just answer that with any answer really...you have to just go with what you feel and see where it leads you...
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 20 (view)

The home you live in........
Posted: 8/18/2006 8:21:41 PM
cherokee...Nope could care less if it were a huge mulitmillion dollar palace or a tiny little cottage or apartment...sometimes people live where they do only because they like it...not because they have to...I don't judge anyone on that...too many people waste their time on things that really don't make a difference...life's too short to worry about what kind of home they live in...all anyone should be worrying about is how big their hearts are......
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 3 (view)

Is it normal..
Posted: 8/18/2006 8:13:30 PM
Nico...the previous posters have given you excellent advice...you will get thru it...yes, it will hurt for a long time until you find that one that just "sparks" your interest ok...then you'll have an easier time of it...maybe some of it can be from being alone...but the hurt comes from being with someone you really care about and then they are gone...you grieve...you go on when you are ready to, no one can tell you when that might be...we all do it differently, and at different times...but you will...I'm sorry that you had to go thru it all...I'm sorry anyone who loves someone has to go thru all that pain......just know that other's DO know what you are going thru......
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 10 (view)

The term Friends
Posted: 8/18/2006 5:40:48 PM
I've had guy friends for 30yrs...went to school etc. with them...never even came up with the subject of sex between us...never even thought of it to tell you the truth...we just became friends and then when they married and I did we all became friends...I just kind of choose friends that are like that...and we all know that whenever we might need each other, we are there for each other...that's what friends do tho...
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 11 (view)

You have just found out your partner was incarcerated for past abuse = jail timex 3
Posted: 8/18/2006 12:31:59 PM
I3ig$exy...See...you are one of the ones who is very upfront and everything is out for the ones you are looking for before they even try to start any relationship with you...THAT is the way it's suppossed to be...honesty is the best...someone has to like you for who you are...then you know it's going to last!!! And being honest with everyone will bring you the one you are looking for...Good Job I3ig$exy!!! All the best to you!!!
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 6 (view)

You have just found out your partner was incarcerated for past abuse = jail timex 3
Posted: 8/18/2006 11:57:55 AM
Sorry kid...but I would be out of there the first touch against me that wasn't a welcoming one...people that have to use physical abuse to get what they want have deep seated problems...yes, I do believe people can change also...but for me, physical abuse is a big no-no...and I would have to pass...I would have to walk away, no matter how much I cared for them, but not before first asking them to get some help...
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101

The term Friends
Posted: 8/18/2006 11:25:56 AM
CinciMatt...you are SO right...women and guys CAN be friends...it's called trust and honesty...and when she stops writing or calling you just to see how you are...you're right...it's over then...but most will have the decency I hope to at least say it ...but being friends is ok too with the opposite sex...gives you insite into what to do when you are looking for your Number One...Good comments CinciMatt!!!
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101

The term Friends
Posted: 8/17/2006 5:57:02 PM
Friends to me means exactly that...friends...yes, I'm dating also...but you know when you're just looking for your "Best" friend? If you just happen to find him/her, then I guess "friends" means you both got lucky enough to find each other without pressure...real lucky...lol...lol...

~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 10 (view)

Heres something I read
Posted: 8/17/2006 1:22:01 PM
I think of judging someone in different words...like another poster stated, we do tend to judge some as to what we like...but for someone to come outright and condemn someone for their opinions of lifestyles that are different than those we ourselves like...is wrong for me to do...we just keep those opinions to ourselves and try not to hurt other's who don't fit into our own likes or dislikes I think...
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 14 (view)

What do women honestly want in a man?
Posted: 8/16/2006 6:15:01 PM
pcguy76...a woman wants their best friend...honesty...love...compassion...knowing that no matter what you do dumb (with-in reason..lol)...you are accepted because he loves you...someone you can tell your deepest secrets to...and he makes you feel like the most important person in the world when he holds you thru the nite...because he knows you feel the same way about him...and loving each other is top priority to the both of you...Perfection?... NO...never...just someone who knows the both of you will never be perfect...but you are perfect for each other....someone who knows he needs you because he wants you...and wants you because he needs you..........
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101

i will never beable to get over this one...
Posted: 8/16/2006 5:56:44 PM
brokenheart19...no, you won't forget Cory hon...he's your baby's Daddy...but someday, someone else will come along and love you and Ian like his own...and then it will get a little easier...but you will always remember the times you had with Cory...they are called memories...some good...some bad...right now I know it's harder than heck...but you need to think of that beautiful baby boy who needs his wonderful Mom...he depends so much on you...you are the one to give this little boy what he so needs right now...and in return...he will love you with all the love he has...grow with him...go on forward to a new life...new chances...new love...my best to you and your precious little Angel...Enjoy him...and when you are ready inside after you grieve to go on...it will be better...right now it is very hard...but you WILL make it for Ian and you......
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 13 (view)

What does it mean to work at a relationship?
Posted: 8/16/2006 5:12:06 PM
dave1234...working on a relationship means you put the other person first...you care about them first in little things...you leave little notes for them to find in their pockets at work...or a briefcase or lunch...you give 5 second calls when you are busy just to say Hi and I'm hoping you're having a nice day...you have something to eat for them when they walk in the door...or a bath ready to relax in...you take the time to pat their butt on your way to the kitchen if you pass each other on the way...you "listen" when you think it might not be something you would be interested in...but you REALLY listen because you care...it's the kiss before bed even tho you were a little ticked earlier...never going to sleep without saying "I Love You"...it's the call in the middle of the nite that you say..."I just want you to know I care and appreciate you"...THAT'S working on a relationship...along with a lot of other little things...it doesn't have to be big, expensive things...it's the little feelings here and there that make it last thru all the years...
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 2 (view)

how would you handle a relationship when you have a busy lifestyle
Posted: 8/16/2006 2:03:03 PM
Moe416...if you really want a relationship to work...it takes two working on it and making allowances that work out for the BOTH of you...not one of you working on it and the other just doing what they like...it takes two...most relationships last longer that way...so you're both busy...you find the time to be together...if you treat your relationship like a machine...that's all you will get in return...a machine...people have feelings where machines don't...any real relationship is WORTH the extra time ....
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 9 (view)

revenge form a broken heart
Posted: 8/16/2006 1:53:59 PM
NO revenge is the best one served...why waste your spirit...like jarbarian said...it's a life well lived that makes the other person feel something...something THEY missed out on...and besides...it makes you happier... because if I had anyone in my life that would even think of doing something so mean...I wouldn't want in my life anyway I just go on, forgive and forget because revenge never makes anyone happy...some just think it might...it just makes a mean heart...I want a loving heart only...........
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101

An interesting broken heart story.
Posted: 8/16/2006 9:32:26 AM
kylivin...Just ABSOLUTLY Beautiful...she's very lucky to receive something this heart-felt from you...you put your heart out on the line...she felt it deep inside...and it's good for you both!!! Congratulations!!! I'm very happy for you both!!! THIS is what love is about!!!
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 46 (view)

DO you think there is someone
Posted: 8/15/2006 6:18:20 PM
YES...but you just have to look harder...but they are out here...
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101

A time for peace?
Posted: 8/15/2006 2:45:21 PM
Ikusa...that is a very hard thing to go thru...that is why we always should really try not to get to that part where we get so angry that we say things we always regret...I bite my tongue whenever I get to that part...I try NEVER to get so angry at anyone ever to break someone's spirit...the look in their eyes ...the knowing of their breaking heart... will haunt you a very long time...and then when you cool down, you realize what you've done...and can never take back the words or actions that came out of you...even if you DO get a chance to apologize...it still happened...but I am so glad you two got the chance to forgive...it DOES help...yes, Peace reigns above it all....Good for you!!!
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 2 (view)

When you read a profile, do you read their forum posts?
Posted: 8/15/2006 2:37:49 PM
Oh most definitly...a profile is only just that...but the forums are where they really get into conversations etc...so you can see or "hear" them much better...no, don't use search username or anything either...
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 110 (view)

Do women really want a nice guy?
Posted: 8/15/2006 10:50:26 AM
Msg80...Absolutly BEAUTIFUL message...that is what most of the girls with lots of heart are looking for...I hope you find the one who deserves this from you.....they would have a very happy life, and so would you!!!!
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 27 (view)

How Does a man choose cologne?
Posted: 8/15/2006 9:15:46 AM
Cool Water's my fav...Drakkar...but any lite cologne type...nothing that someone drenches on...I like the natural smell of a man...no, not the sweaty stuff...lol...lol...

I think a man's body chemistry plays a big part in the cologne he wears just like a woman's does...not everyone can wear the same thing and smell the same...and the cost doesn't seem to differenciate between any of them either...I've had some wear something really cheap and smell really good...then other's wear something drastically expensive, and you can't stand it...

Cologne is suppossed to be worn all over the body...aftershave is to be worn on the face after shaving...

And yes, sometimes deodorant can clash just like with a woman's...
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 30 (view)

Is It worth The Effort?
Posted: 8/11/2006 5:33:54 AM
fender...it IS worth the effort ok...but it seems that the problems stem from when two people get together...find out they really fall in love...but then, after they do that...either one or both of them stop trying on their love...relationships need work...it just doesn't happen and then you don't have to do anything to keep it alive...you have to constantly work on it to keep it going...you do little things for each other...you strive to please the other person first before yourself...because it's important to you that you want the other person to know what you feel in your heart...so you show it...too many take the easy way out of relationships also...they feel like if it doesn't work out...they can always move along to someone else...a real relationship filled with love is worth the extra little things you do for each other...those are the ones that last thru time...those are the people you really want to find...a little kiss in passing each other...or asking if they would like something to drink as you get something for yourself in the kitchen...a little extra effort in doing something they really like to do...just common sense, of thinking of the other person first...everyone CAN bring those types of love and relationships back...all everyone has to do it try..........and if someone is really looking for a true love...they will find it...it just takes a little more time and effort..........
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101

To Death do you part ~ My Shattered Heart...
Posted: 8/10/2006 7:34:12 PM
I'm with shiloh on this All Canadian...no thanks is needed...you will always have her in your heart...even maybe when eventually you might find someone else who needs your heart one day...A True Love can be felt thru a lot of things...enjoy that new Grandbaby, and your Family...Sandra said she was so very happy about the new addition to the Family...take all the time you need to heal tho...it is important...don't let anyone tell you how long to either...everyone needs their own time to go thru this...you will know when it is time...we are here if you need to talk...someone always is....Take care and heal...
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 12 (view)

how to keep a man
Posted: 8/9/2006 1:13:23 PM
veryfriendlyblonde...First of all,I'd like to say how sorry I am to hear of your Mom's passing away...I know this must be very hard on you, and your Dad...but I can tell you really love your Dad, if you are willing to move in with him to make sure he is ok...if you are looking for a good man...he will without a doubt...understand your circumstances and STILL want to be with you...just be upfront and honest always...then you never have to worry about attracting the wrong type of guy...please give your Dad our condolences also...I know you're being there helps....
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101

To Death do you part ~ My Shattered Heart...
Posted: 8/9/2006 11:41:24 AM
All Canadian...My heart goes out to you...I DO know what kind of love you shared with Sandra...I did have my own also one day long ago...the pain goes deep with-in your heart...just know that the love you shared...went deeper... all of you will never forget that lovely woman who helped so many...and she is indeed smiling down on all of you...I am so terribly sorry for your loss...you will all remain in my prayer's...
May God Bless you and your's Rick...
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101

Why are women so afraid of a Man that is serious about commitment?
Posted: 8/9/2006 11:33:36 AM
jshack....some women aren't afraid of commitment...you just have to find the right one...if you two were together for a year and that subject never came up before...I think you might need to bring it up a little sooner next time...just to make sure you BOTH want the same thing in the future...if you are to have a future together...I'm thinking maybe like when you first started getting to know each other and how you both felt about commitment, kids...work...etc...know what I mean? somewhere down the line with-in one year this should have been discused, and if you BOTH didn't agree on some of the major issues in your lives, you would know that it wasn't for the both of you together...if you are wanting a serious relationship, find someone's profile that says they are like that kind of person you are looking for...and REALLY read it...then go on and message her and see where it goes from there...you will find the one you are looking for...IF you look hard enough...and you both are willing to work on that relationship "together"....
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 4 (view)

Met our soulmates...yes it does happen
Posted: 8/3/2006 2:09:06 PM
So Happy to see so many fishes getting their wishes...oh poetry...lol...yes, it CAN happen, while you hold out for that special one you've been waiting for...Good Luck to ALL of you, VERY happy to hear all of this!!!
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 12 (view)

GUTT INSTINCT???BE ignored or LISTENED TOO???
Posted: 8/3/2006 9:23:52 AM
yep I agree with urbanfever and oat meal here both...^^^^^^^gut feelings are filled with predjudice because of things like oat meal said...
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 73 (view)

More disillusioned than ever!!!
Posted: 8/3/2006 9:14:49 AM
iris...it's just a lot easier for people to hide behind the comp, than get out and do the same things to people they meet in person...so you really find out what they are like...some good, some not so good...online dating kind of gives us a chance to weed out those ones that aren't so good...and everyone's idea of a match is different...some like certain things...but me...I just like a nice person in heart, and a general good person to other's... is that so hard? Yes, I know there are so many on the sites that think they know what they want, and then when they get it, find it's not exactly what they wanted in the first place...but life goes on...so don't get to disillusioned, there are some very nice people here also...you just have to look a little harder...
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 34 (view)

is it too soon to ask ?
Posted: 8/2/2006 9:21:56 PM
If you both have been seeing each other for a month...you should have had this come up a few times already...you have to have great communication between two people going into any relationship in order for it to last...talk more with him before going into this relationship any further...you both have to know what the other is feeling and thinking...
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101

Who should say I Love You first ??
Posted: 8/2/2006 9:15:06 PM
I read this and thought it was pretty good, but then this thread came up and I think one more should be added to this Dr.'s list...because If you fall in love with someone---TELL them...I think a woman just feels a little easier if the man does it first tho...it'a a woman thing guys...;)
~Micheline~

22 Guaranteed Ways To Destroy A Relationship

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© Robert W. Birch, Ph.D.
Relationships are often hard to maintain, even when two people profess undying love for each other. A major problem in a relationship is that one or both partners continue to make the same errors but then cannot understand why the relationship is in trouble. It is almost as though they are determined to do things their way, even at the risk of damaging a good thing.
In my clinical practice, I have discovered at least 22 errors in thinking and communicating that people make, which if repeated, have the potential of destroying a relationship. Which of the following errors are you making?

1) Rigidly maintain that you are always right, even when you do not have all the facts!
2) Never apologize, even when you are proven wrong beyond a shadow of a doubt!
3) Be relentless in rubbing it in when you are proven right!
4) Dogmatically maintain that you know your partner's motives better than he or she does!
5) Assume that your partner should understand your needs and should respond immediately without being asked!
6) Totally ignore your partner's priorities and insist on your own!
7) Operate on the assumption that your partner's sexual need cycle is identical to yours!
8) Add deep psychological meaning to your partner's sexual disinterest, and take it very personally!
9) Do not ever admit hurt, but go immediately to the _expression of anger!
10) Identify your partner's character flaws and family secrets and use them to make a point when logic fails!
11) Use guilt to manipulate, to get your own way or to punish!
12) Become proficient at catching your partner being bad, but do not ever comment if you catch him or her being good!
13) Cut no slack, yield no ground and push your argument until your partner walks out the door... then follow the coward!
14) Do not let go of the past, rehashing your version of it as often as possible!
15) Cling very very tightly, claiming that you will surly die if you are ignored!
16) If you are not a clinger, then stay emotionally/physically distant, and show no signs that you really care for your partner!
17) Make promises, but never keep them!
18) Be factious so you partner never knows when you are being serious!
19) Always make excuses for your bad habits!
20) Insist that what you have to say is always more important that what your partner is saying, so interrupt!
21) Pretend that you understand what you partner has said, even if you have no idea of the point that was being made!
22) Act as though you do none of the above and it is your partner who must make all the changes!
 purplestardust101
Msg: 5 (view)

if you have first hand knowledge
Posted: 8/1/2006 4:17:47 PM
well, you would be helping out other's who are looking for some serious relationships, and I see nothing wrong with that...goes for the women and guy player's tho.....anything to help someone find out...
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 26 (view)

Don't you just hate being asked this question on a first date ?.
Posted: 8/1/2006 4:12:57 PM
aj7676...GREAT post!!! A lot of good answers here too!!! But I would tell the truth, just not hurt anyone's feelings....Now if we only knew what to do on some of those dates you were talking about...;) yes, we should all know by now when a date is going well or not...
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 16 (view)

Would you consider this cheating?
Posted: 7/31/2006 10:24:57 PM
mikeyohio...you were betrayed...and if someone makes you feel like that, it's cheating...Trust is a very important part of any relationship...she made you feel like she wouldn't do that to you, and she did...I'm sorry for what you've had to go thru, but you've learned a lesson and can now go on to make sure that the next person doesn't do that to you..we are always learning...then that special someone comes along and we find that we can trust again...
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 34 (view)

When you finally know and it's time to accept.
Posted: 7/31/2006 6:06:55 PM
jugg...Congrats to the max!!! I hope it really works out for the both of you...keep it young and alive!!! Really happy for the both of you!!!!!!!!!
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 42 (view)

An Unusual Request haha
Posted: 7/31/2006 4:49:53 AM
Hmmm...makes one think of the joke about how some men have to have the "biggest" fish when out fishing...lol...maybe someone not so secure in his accomplishments... The" Hi all you ladies" thing, did it for me...lol...I wouldn't be adding someone to my fav's with a line like that, sorry...lol...and I do tend to like the ones who are NOT on a lot of fav's list....;)
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 41 (view)

Why Single?
Posted: 7/30/2006 5:45:46 AM
jameshillman1963...Good for you!!! I am so glad to see a man that actually goes for and gets to have his children!!! what a great Dad you are...You're kids will know what you did for them when they get older, and be very proud of you!!! I love to see this, because I was a former Foster Mom, and I do love to see kids go to the parent that truly deserves to have the...Good luck!!!
~Micheline~
Oh and to the OP...I'm single because my husband died, and when I did eventually find the person I thought I'd be with the rest of my life...he had a terrible accident and decided he loved me too much to want to put me thru what he was going thru........but to me...that is when you stay...
 purplestardust101
Msg: 31 (view)

Married but looking .. a dilemma
Posted: 7/29/2006 3:17:20 PM
ruth40...if you are disatified with what you have and you have tried EVERYTHING to change it...then let him go find someone else, and you can find someone else also...A relationship means working on it together for the rest of your lives, not give up on it when it gets a little slow...DO something to get that spark back again...just as if you'd find someone else new would be...how come everyone always says they want what they've got but also want more??? Sorry, but you should be happy with what you have and if not, make it better...life doesn't stand still, and either does love...you HAVE to make it happen...put some spark in it, and keep it in there...
And by the way...I do NOT think it is morally right to cheat on your spouse or partner...NEVER is it right to do that in my opinion...if you are thinking of cheating...end your relationship first all the way before you do it....cheating not only cheats your partner...it cheats YOU, out of what you COULD have...if you both worked at it....such a shame...
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 26 (view)

How did you finally....let go?
Posted: 7/29/2006 2:01:40 PM
ctrydancer, I'm so sorry you have to go thru this...it is a very hard part of life that we must go thru, but all I can tell you, is that it DOES get better with time...
Yes, I know the feeling of being madly and truly in love...How long did it take me...almost 5yrs, after my husband died...then I thought I found the love of my life...it lasted 9yrs...and it's has taken me almost 2 1/2 yrs. to go on forward...but everyone grieves differently and no one can tell you what is the best for you...you WILL know when to go onward...
I let go when my soul told me it was time...everyone kept pointing out that it was, and finally it hit me...yes, I DO want to spend the rest of my life in love with someone...so listen to yourself, and then you will go on when the time is right for you...My heart goes out to you...I know how it has been broken...just know that there are those of us who feel for you and if you ever need someone to talk with, come and talk with us...Heal and go on...
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 36 (view)

Girls, here are some tips written by a guy (me) to show you how to spot phonies/scumbags
Posted: 7/22/2006 2:39:06 PM
msg 44...LOL LOL Oh you just crack me up...lol...Good One!!!
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 32 (view)

Girls, here are some tips written by a guy (me) to show you how to spot phonies/scumbags
Posted: 7/22/2006 12:51:25 PM
There is a lot of good advice on this post, and a lot of humor also...nice to see that even tho there are differences of opinions, not everyone got all knocked about, yes, it's good to see what possesses guys and girls to act phony or act like scumbags...not everyone knows how to spot one...shame we even have to post something like this isn't it? It would be nice if everyone could just be honest and upfront, but then again...the world isn't hidden behind rose-colored glasses...and it's really cool that there are those who would try to help other's who don't know...Great posts...
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 11 (view)

Will You Leave?
Posted: 7/21/2006 2:22:57 PM
"When will our consciences grow so tender that we will act to prevent human misery rather than avenge it?"
- Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm with Denise on this one...you could have prevented the whole scenario by just not going all out on a first meeting, those are suppossed to be very simple things to see if you like each other the same as on the phone or emails or IM's...I think it was a little rude of you to put it up on the forum's with her name and all...if she reads these, you just hurt someone's feeling's...and if you did go out camping etc...you should have asked her for help doing things if she had not the idea herself to help...and then in the kitchen, you could of said something like, "How about we both clean up the kitchen, you wash, I'll dry?" just my opinion tho...
~Micheline~
 purplestardust101
Msg: 4 (view)

boyfriend of one year...on dating sites
Posted: 7/21/2006 11:20:42 AM
I agree with the three posters above^^^^^^ time to tell him good-bye...you are not wrong to be really upset about this...he just wants his cake and eat it too...tell him he needs to cut out the exta helpings or you need to leave to find better...sorry this is happening to you, some guys just never know when they have it really good, well, for that matter, some women do the same thing to some guys...a real shame!!
~Micheline~

Show ALL Forums