Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: So Round So Firm & So Fully Packed! So whats the Problem!
 smartsassybbwinla
Msg: 195 (view)

So Round So Firm & So Fully Packed! So whats the Problem!
Posted: 7/29/2009 5:33:05 AM
Why do you take mentalnotes? Are you sick? Is it a woman thing?

Oh Man!! Ringo17 don't you know that those are fighting words?

Im going to go now...enough bloodshed
for one evening.

I try these forums on occasion and leave feeling like I
need a bubble bath to wash off the negativity.

I think I am done--

Peace Out.
 smartsassybbwinla
Msg: 130 (view)

Posted: 4/24/2009 4:54:44 PM
This started out as a cute nice post about how some of us are a softer version of ourselves then we once were. It was good natured and sweet. What has gotten into people that it has to turn into something ugly and nasty. We are all different- we are all better at somethings then others. Some people wear their issues in a way that is obvious to others and some may mask their problems behind trim fit exteriors. Why are people being so judgemental about someone else's looks? Please try and be kind to others. You don't know where they have come from or what burdens they have had to bear in life. Thin or not...we are all in this together. Can't we all just get along???? Ok I stole that from Rodney King --but back then who would have thought that a black man would be president now? Acceptance comes in all colors-and sizes.
 smartsassybbwinla
Msg: 129 (view)

Posted: 4/24/2009 4:46:13 PM
Dear Maeflowers..
That was just precious. I didn't used to be a bigger girl but here I am--I have found a whole niche market of men who especially love my body type. They are nice looking guys - a lot of them younger-who seem to have an affinity for the zaftic woman. Not to put anyone else down but for a nation of overweight people we sure don't see many of us in the media these days. Congrats to those of you who kept your svelte figures all these years and for the rest of us, wake up each day happy for the body you are in, dress it nicely to flatter what assests you have, wear bright colors and girls put on some great make up and style your hair. If you are going to lose weight..that is great-more power to you..in the meantime look fantastic and be happy!!

Smart Sassy BBW
Plus Sized Model
 smartsassybbwinla
Msg: 140 (view)

I am really starting to hate dating
Posted: 9/21/2008 7:20:06 PM
This was the best entertainment I have had all week....lol
Yep staying home has its benefits.
 smartsassybbwinla
Msg: 744 (view)

Is Intelligence A Curse In Relationships?
Posted: 9/16/2008 12:00:13 PM
Doesn't sound ego centric.
Matching wits with an unarmed person is a lesson in self control...and
that gets boring quickly.

I just had a date tell me that he is not on great terms with his Mom...because of just the same issues. She is just not able to grasp concepts and integrate them into her life and it driveds him crazy.

I had an oft married celebrity friend tell me that the trick is always marrying a man who is smarter then you are---otherwise it messes up men's egos and that leads to big trouble..

How do we ever find love in this complex equation???? lol

smartsassybbwinla
Msg: 110 (view)

What is friends first?
Posted: 9/16/2008 11:52:08 AM
Having lived long enough to have had plenty of casual meaningless sexual exploits I am now at a point in my life where I am not sleeping with anyone who isn't a "friend". Takes some "getting to know you" time--and some mutual respect and admiration. If a guy isn't up for that...then he is not my type of man.
 smartsassybbwinla
Msg: 179 (view)

Profile Photo Does NOT Look Like the Person You've Just Met
Posted: 9/16/2008 10:50:48 AM
"I have to admit that I'm guilty of posting an old photo, as well as a recent one. I clearly state in the captions which is which. I've been asked why I post the old photo at all. In my case, it's because I believe the shot most clearly captures my personality. Yes, it's great to know what someone looks like, but I also enjoy seeing a photo that tells me something about who the person is inside"

Well as far as I am concerned what we looked like years ago is irrelevant to who we are today. Who needs to be reminded of what time has done? Certainly not the potential date. I am glad to see that you have switched your profile pic to your current photo--you look great now--guys like to see the whole package so another pic of the rest of you instead of the "old" you would probably be more beneficial. If you like having a "professional" looking photograph--slurge and get a photo shoot done of you now. It is very liberating to have great shots on hand.

Good luck in your search--
 smartsassybbwinla
Msg: 4 (view)

Ladies. What's more important? Profile Picture or Written Contents of Profile?
Posted: 3/13/2008 3:52:38 PM
That is a great question!
I never post in the forums but this is an important topic.
Whoever said that men are visual and women arent so much...was wrong!!
The first thing I look for is a happy smiling face--someone whose eyes reflect the smile on their lips. Pics from far away--sunglasses-hats all detract from what I am looking for-the spark of personality that beckons me to say hello.

After the pic is glanced at--then the profile comes into play. Anything too sexual has me moving on--I want to hear words that express the persons passion--for life-for love-for their children-for the arts-. I would like to see a mention of what they are looking for in a woman--an age range--a body type--something that might let me know that I am their type.

I dont usually send a message to a man who hasnt messaged me first. I know that not all men will be attracted to my body type--I am only looking for ones who are. I suppose that my experience in marketing has made me more aware of how people present themselves online. We are the product that we are trying to promote. We should try and present ourselves with that in mind. Proudly putting out there what we perceive to be our best attributes.

As for the profile of I Love You.--The pic is nice and up close--great smile. My professional self would like to see it cropped without the ceiling in it. The wording is a little short and doesnt really capture me---though there is nothing negative about it all--I feel it just needs a little more fleshing out.

Ok...that is my 2 cents worth--thanks for listening. And guys please smile in your pics!!
The mean sullen looks are scary to us--and happy people are much more fun to be around. Sassy
 smartsassybbwinla
Msg: 25 (view)

Ratings?
Posted: 6/2/2007 2:43:50 PM
Brought a smile to my face with that one!!

I used to think it would be helpful---(before computers ,mind you) if people
would have to carry their ratings card with them. When out at clubs you could read the reviews of
previous dates to check out their past skills.

I, of course have matured since then, now I would want to know :

1) were they respectful?
2) would you consider them optimistic about life in general?
3) were they verbal--and a good listener (multi tasking is important!!!!)
4) did they make you smile?
5) when they kissed you the first time...did they withhold their tongue until it was appropriate? (at least to you)

I have discovered that having sex with someone I don't know well...and consider a friend, is very disappointing. Not that it can't be hot and sweaty-- and an ego boost.
I believe women in particular are many layers, that need to be peeled slowly to discover the next deeper and richer layer below. Trusting the man I am with--knowing that he likes and adores me (at least as his cherished friend) is the key to opening myself up. When that happens...watch out!

Show ALL Forums