Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Depression and POF
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 17 (view)

Depression and POF
Posted: 2/19/2019 3:49:47 PM

but most business is an attempt to escape the feelings and side effects of depression
Well I would definitely have written a different post if you had mentioned meds. Instead I would have asked if the forums was a a distraction for you like it is for me. Now I know

I am strong that way. Not all are.

No they aren't Nothing in our lives prepares us to deal with depression. The least they could do is teach the symptoms in school so people might recognise it's happening. I didn't recognise it.

_rise_above_this_
Msg: 11 (view)

Depression and POF
Posted: 2/19/2019 2:11:32 PM
I've never read anything about this but this is what I realised. You are not thinking about depression, your mind is telling you to do it, When you occupy your mind with something that you really have to think about your mind stops telling you to think about depression. I hope that makes sense, I've never explained this before.
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 9 (view)

Depression and POF
Posted: 2/19/2019 11:40:28 AM

I have been drawn back here in a kind of addictive way.
6/ I'm depressed.

Have you noticed if your depression lessens or completely vanishes when you're involved in the forums?
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 50 (view)

Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/19/2019 7:01:37 AM
Rather than derailing the whole topic explaining to me how stupid I am

ROFL. Are you even been paying attention to your thread. No one is discussing this topic because no one knows what you're talking about and almost all of them have made that quite clear. It has to be on the tracks first in order for it to derail.

In seeing as nobody is talking about Social emotional quotient

The reason nobody's talking about it is because nobody understands it and you won't explain it.

Maybe we don't need to keep posting here

There was never any point in posting on this thread as you can see by the peoples confusion about the topic. This thread was dead the day you created it because you didn't and can't explain to your fellow forumites SEQ/EEQ.

And once again I'll go back to post

I am not in the camp that desires others chewing on my ideas

It's contrary to what the forums are all about especially when creating a thread. You have shared nothing about the topic. In fact you attacked SomewhereInTheStratosfere in post 4 for asking about the topic because she used the term "No offense." Here's what you wrote in post

This is incendiary language and not viewed as an honest attempt towards discourse..If you responded to a work colleague, friend, partner, boss, etc.. with such language- what indeed would you accomplish?

and what did SomewhereInTheStratosfere say that offended Inicia. well back to post

I am not into BS claims of "NO OFFENSE"

I'm sure glad I never used the term No Offense in any of my posts. However I hope my posts give Inicia a better idea of what the definition of "No Offense" is.
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 41 (view)

Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/18/2019 6:58:38 AM

Holy scrabble Batman!

How about we create our own topic like Fishy did? I believe you're the one who collects records. If so, do you have any rare ones?
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 40 (view)

Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/18/2019 6:58:15 AM

I understand the poster saying this has some issues of his own. (By his own admission)

So true, so true.

Me? I think she's a surrealist poet~

Well at the moment you're the only one. Shall we put that to a vote? I'm getting the impression Inicia thinks I'm serious about the voting. Writing them was just a mental exercise for me. I could have written them without using the word liar but I decided to play her game. I wanted to see how she would react to my calling her a liar.
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 39 (view)

Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/18/2019 6:57:46 AM
I can't speak for the other two but you did not misinterpret me and I suspect that goes 3 ways but again,

The three named by her in post 22 were "Fiahy seeks master baiter", "Danimal' and "Feirene." You were as puzzled as everyone else by her game.

You are certainly vehement in that the poster in question is a "liar".

Vehement? Damn where's my dictionary? Yes but it's based on everything she's written in the past 20 months. Writing posts is a mental exercise for me but most don't get posted. There were actually 10 of them but I only posted 5.

I decided to post them and play her game. That's all she's here for. It was obvious when she claimed Google erased all references to SEQ/EEQ. Did you notice her profile states she is a researcher but she can't explain what her acronym involves? .Just a game. She also has the catch phrase "social training." What are the chances she can't explain that one either.

Now you might think I'm stalking her and in a way I am but then again I stalk everyone because I read every post in categories I find interesting. For example I've read almost every post you've made since you arrived because you usually post in one of those categories.
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 37 (view)

Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/18/2019 4:10:14 AM
Seems to be a competition going on here on who is the craziest....

We can always put it to a vote.
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 3 (view)

A friend with high expectations?
Posted: 2/17/2019 4:29:28 PM
High expectations no. These are his expectations, lives close, non-smoker, and no kids. To me those are his preferred preferences or choices for a woman he might date. From those choices I surmise he is looking for a long term relationship. To me what you're saying is that you decided he should Settle.
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 34 (view)

Why do men change?
Posted: 2/17/2019 8:09:27 AM
28 - Inicia
or my grammatical errors

Really!!!!!!!!!!

I wasn't aware your fantasy language involved grammar
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 33 (view)

Why do men change?
Posted: 2/17/2019 8:08:31 AM

or my grammatical errors

Really!!!!!!!!!!

I wasn't aware your fantasy language involved grammar

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 32 (view)

Why do men change?
Posted: 2/17/2019 7:56:15 AM
^^^

Should I assume he's the one that brought up the idea of praying together? Did you consider praying with him to be intimate? If so I can't imagine it was intimate with him after all he would have been thinking about phone sex during that conversation. I'll reiterate, he didn't change, he kept that part of his personality from you until he decided it was time to try for phone sex.
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 30 (view)

Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/17/2019 7:39:11 AM
Apparently Google as usual deletes non interesting/unpopular references with little advertising value-it was a catch phrases from 20- 30 yrs ago.

a Catch Phrase? This is the definition of a Catch Phrase liar

Google - a well-known sentence or phrase, especially one that is associated with a particular famous person's

Merriam-Webster - a word or expression that is used repeatedly and conveniently to represent or characterize a person, group, idea, or point of view.

Oxford dictionary - A well-known sentence or phrase, especially one that is associated with a particular famous person

I hope Google doesn't erase those references like they did yours otherwise I might look foolish to our fellow forumites.

Now we've established that it would be popular among the masses how is it none of the posters recognise or remember it liar. Now all the posters except one was 18 by 1990 yet none of us remember your fictional catch phrases. Let me guess Google erased ithem from our memories.
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 29 (view)

Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/17/2019 7:36:13 AM
Social Etiquette/Emotional Etiquette.

Emtional Etiquette? Well it does deal with emotions and they can be measured so let's list the emotions.

His research findings led him to classify six emotions as basic: anger, disgust, fear, happiness, sadness and surprise.[37] Later in his career,[38] Ekman theorized that other universal emotions may exist beyond these six. In light of this, recent cross-cultural studies led by Daniel Cordaro and Dacher Keltner, both former students of Ekman, extended the list of universal emotions. In addition to the original six, these studies provided evidence for amusement, awe, contentment, desire, embarrassment, pain, relief, and sympathy in both facial and vocal expressions. They also found evidence for boredom, confusion, interest, pride, and shame facial expressions, as well as contempt, interest, relief, and triumph vocal expressions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotion

Now go ahead and pick one and explain to everyone how emotional etiquette applies to it. Changed my mind, apply three of them.
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 28 (view)

Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/17/2019 7:36:04 AM
I am not in the camp that desires others chewing on my ideas

You have to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why did you create the thread then if you didn't want other people discussing your ideas? It's the reason the forums exist. Exchanging thoughts and ideas is what it's all about.

If communication/discourse is not a reality for you- specify that to me right now-

Now you have to be fucking kidding me!!!

In post 12 you don't want people talking about your ideas and here you're talking about a fellow poster and claiming that person is not here to participate. Care to explain?
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 27 (view)

Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/17/2019 7:32:42 AM
FISHY DANIMAL FIRIENE three (some) in the eleven at least (1983 resurrected Term) perpetuated use in mid 90's thirty years

Actually liar Danimal is the only one who references SEQ/EEQ and this is what he said about it.

6 - Danimal
Starting it with a short acronym that can only be translated through the Urban Dictionary is not going to help things.

To me that means he didn't understand what you were babbling about liar when you used SEQ/EEQ.

As for Feirene she spoke about generalizations but since you the one who said it applies to SEQ/EEQ. Care to explain how generalizations factor into SEQ/EEQ? Of course to do that you'd have to explain SEQ/EEQ in order for people to understand how you came to your conclusion.

Now lets see what Fishy seeks Master Baiter had to say.

17 Fishy seeks Master Baiter
Trust me, you are far from the only one who finds the OP unintelligible.

The beauty of that is ...
You can make up your own topic!Just state it at the beginning of your response, like I did.

Um, did you mean someone else liar? Hardly supportive of you is it.

I can't speak for the three of them but it's obvious you lied though any of the three can and hopefully do respond because my interpretation of what they meant in their posts might be wrong
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 26 (view)

Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/17/2019 7:23:11 AM
Lol Rise above do not entertain the scum of a babbling foolish liar, mere dirt and dust upon your heal/heel, shake it free in dignity and walk away.

Really liar. What you should have done to disprove my accusation that you're a liar is explain SEQ/EEQ. Now lets look at one of your liesagain.

Apparently Google as usual deletes non interesting/unpopular references with little advertising value-it was a catch phrases from 20- 30 yrs ago..

Not exactly liar. SEQ/EEQ are acronyms and neither exist on any Acronym Website. Funny thing about these websites is they contain archaic acronyms no longer used. Just in case archaic isn't a word in your language it's defined as old. Now is when you claim Google also erases references to your lies from individual websites.
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 144 (view)

backcreek 7's playlist ~ all music welcomed !
Posted: 2/16/2019 6:10:17 PM
And now for something completely different.

The Tragically Hip - Courage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhpezwGtDEg

Watch the band through a bunch of dancers
Quickly, follow the unknown,
with something more familiar
Quickly, something familiar

Courage, my word it, didn't come it doesn't matter

Sleepwalk, so fast asleep in a motel that has the lay of home
and piss on all of your background
And piss on all your surroundings

Courage, my word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter
Courage, your word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter
Courage, it couldn't come at a worse time

Some simple explanation
For anything important any of us do
And yeah the human tragedy
Consists in the necessity
Of living with the consequences
Under pressure, under pressure

Courage, my word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter,
Courage, your word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter
Courage, it couldn't come at a worse time
It couldn't come at a worse time
It couldn't come at a worse time
Courage
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 24 (view)

Why do men change?
Posted: 2/16/2019 12:09:54 PM
NO he didn't confuse you with another woman. Think about it. When you send a message on POF you see the name of the person you're writing to above the little box unless the last message was a short story. By the way it doesn't matter if he confused with another woman. If he had actually meant them for another woman it means he was trying to have phone sex with her.

Everyone has one personality and for almost everyone, it doesn't change on it's own. He thinks that way all the time but only acts that way in private. For example pedophiles thinks about children all the time but keep it to themselves for obvious reasons. He did the same until he thought it was time to share. However he was wrong and once you sent your last message he moved onto another victim. Keep in mind you may not have been the only woman he was talking to at the time.
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 21 (view)

Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/16/2019 11:35:59 AM
No they're confused because you're a babbling fool and a liar.

Some have figured it out and offered observations-

Liar THere were only 11 posts before you told that lie and non one stated they knew what you were talking about

Etiquette Or Quotient- Apparently Google as usual deletes non interesting/unpopular references with little advertising value-it was a catch phrases from 20- 30 yrs ago.

Liar You didn't even look up the terms otherwise you would have discovered EQ still exists. Just another of your lame excuses you use to keep people from discovering you're a babbling fool

Emotional intelligence (EI), Emotional leadership (EL), Emotional quotient (EQ) and Emotional Intelligence Quotient (EIQ), is the capability of individuals to recognize their own emotions and those of others,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_intelligence

Now you can read the article and pretend you're knowledgeable when it comes to EQ liar

_rise_above_this_
Msg: 193 (view)

Dating Etiquette of 21 century ADULTS
Posted: 2/15/2019 8:05:10 PM
^^^

And your point is?
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 20 (view)

Why do men change?
Posted: 2/15/2019 6:38:24 PM
Hell that damn near put me in the mood.
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 19 (view)

Why do some women do this? Did I do anything wrong?
Posted: 2/15/2019 1:22:50 PM

My past posts are on display for everyone to see, as awkward and embarrassing as they are. You are not burning me by pulling them out to use against me. I don't really care about it. I am fully aware of how much of a terrible person I am.

To me your posts are honest and allow a person to get to know you. Sure they're awkward and embarrassing to you because it's your life that you're talking about and it's not a good one. Why would I burn you with an old post? Terrible person? What have you done that's terrible? You are to be admired for dealing with your illness alone without much medical treatment. Are you still dealing with it alone?

I could tell your depression has lessened due to the fact you're still posting. When your down it's 3 or 4 posts and gone. I could be wrong but it doesn't matter. To me you have a self defeating attitude which of course stems from your low self esteem and depression. I'm guessing it's only depression since I've never seen a post where you stated it outright. I know your story quite well actually and can relate to your thinking and understand how it affects you.

I have been thinking about just quitting and getting a place of my own so I can rot away in the dark corner somewhere.

I know it's only a thought but trust me you wouldn't survive because of your state of mind. As of today I will have spent 11 of the last 14 days alone. Starting tomorrow I will spend the next 10 days alone. Other than occasional phone calls from family I talk with no one.

I guess if you want to continue chatting you'll have to create another thread. It's up to you.
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 274 (view)

Any expectations of who would be attracted to you?
Posted: 2/15/2019 1:21:25 PM

obfuscate?

You know you're getting old when you need to use a dictionary.
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 12 (view)

Why do men change?
Posted: 2/14/2019 8:53:42 PM

Thank you everyone but I never would have imagined that this man would have switched personalities so completely and I am pretty darn perceptive.

He didn't switch personalities. What he did was show you his real one. After all a person only has one personality and for some it means keeping part of it hidden.
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 2/14/2019 8:42:41 PM
Well Basilisk I waited over 12 hours for someone to post here so as to save you a precious post and as you can see no one has. That's because it's a dead thread which you yourself killed and none of your preaching and rudeness is going to change that.

You do realize this is a message board and not a chat room, right?

A message board is a chatroom except the people don't respond immediately. Didn't you notice the people here are having conversations. In fact you're chatting with tech30 right now on the transgender thread and that's the only way it can be viewed.

Plus, this section is a limited reply section.

I know, I'm not new and I could burn the rest of your posts if i wanted too. You are the one who limited the posts by putting it in this category so don't be preaching about whether or not I can post here. Either next time put it in a different category or don't whine about it.

I wanted everyone's input before I replied. To do that a good amount of time is needed because not everyone is on here every day, or even every week.
Bullshit You get more responses if you interact otherwise it moves to the bottom of the list and eventually dies which this one did. In fact Shirley would have had to search for this thread to find it. It took you a week to come here after the thread died.

Let us say I go back and talk to her again,

Do you see the word "her" in my statement?

Yes it could be but that doesn't mean it will be and in either case it doesn't matter. You're limiting yourself and choosing the easy way out based on your own reasoning. Unfortunately, because of your illness, don't you usually see the worst case scenarios in everything when you encounter a problem? Go get that 9 pm cup of coffee and if it's awkward then don't go back. You need to find out.

Maybe it was the way I wrote it that you thought I was talking about her but I wasn't. I was talking about you being able to go into that store at 9 pm to get that cup even if she's working. As I said basilisk I'm not new here and I know your history. You need to deal with your low self-esteem in small ways and this would be a good way to try and all you have to do is go buy a cup of coffee. As you say it would be awkward but my thoughts are that you're over thinking this. How do you know awkward is going to lead to a deeper depression?
 _rise_above_this_

Why do men change?
Posted: 2/14/2019 12:09:21 PM
He didn't change, it was his original intention.
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 65 (view)

Creepy profile pictures and it's just getting worse.
Posted: 2/14/2019 10:04:27 AM

you may have heard the phrase about what small minds talk about, compared to intelligent people

Actually intelligent people gossip too. The only difference is they gossip about other intelligent people. Intelligence has nothing to do with gossiping. We all learn to gossip as children and some take it to far for the rest of their lives.
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 128 (view)

Posted: 2/14/2019 9:40:44 AM
Since it appears we have theme going I'll reach into the archives again with

Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWWsfrfq69A

One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall

And if you go chasing rabbits, and you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah-smoking caterpillar has given you the call
And call Alice, when she was just small

When the men on the chessboard get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom, and your mind is moving low
Go ask Alice, I think she'll know

When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the red queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head, feed your head
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 236 (view)

Posted: 2/14/2019 9:31:33 AM
She said she would consider an ugly betty make-over.

That was suggested by someone else. No where do I see she wanted to make a change.

No matter what, a pretty woman with a nice figure will attract pervs, but if she presents a different aspect of herself, a different type of guy might show up.

Actually any woman at some point in her life will attract a perv and she doesn't have to be pretty. Of course she would attract normal guys but who's really normal.
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 126 (view)

Posted: 2/14/2019 9:21:26 AM
Well I'll see your moonshine and raise you a whiskey. This song is said to be over 400 years old but still popular with the kiddies. The video is Metallica's version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boanuwUMNNQ

Whiskey in the Jar

As I was goin' over
The Cork and Kerry Mountains
I saw Captain Farrell
And his money, he was countin'
I first produced my pistol
And then produced my rapier
I said, "Stand and deliver or the devil he may take ya"

I took all of his money
And it was a pretty penny
I took all of his money,
Yeah, and I brought it home to Molly
She swore that she loved me,
No, never would she leave me
But the devil take that woman,
Yeah, for you know she tricked me easy

Musha rain dum a doo, dum a da
Whack for my daddy, oh
Whack for my daddy, oh
There's whiskey in the jar, oh

Being drunk and weary
I went to Molly's chamber
Takin' Molly with me
But I never knew the danger
For about six or maybe seven,
Yeah, in walks Captain Farrell
I jumped up, fired my pistols
And I shot him with both barrels

Yeah, musha rain dum a doo, dum a da, ha, yeah
Whack for my daddy, oh
Whack for my daddy, oh
There's whiskey in the jar, oh

Yeah, whiskey, yo, whiskey
Oh, oh, yeah
Oh, oh, yeah

Now some men like a fishin'
But some men like the fowlin'
Some men like to hear,
To hear the cannonball roarin'
Me, I like sleepin',
'Specially in my Molly's chamber
But here I am in prison,
Here I am with a ball and chain, yeah

Musha rain dum a doo, dum a da, heh, heh
Whack for my daddy, oh
Whack for my daddy, oh
There's whiskey in the jar, oh, yeah
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 233 (view)

Posted: 2/14/2019 8:57:38 AM
So in other words, you are dressing in a way that represents who you believe you are.

I don't think believing who you are has anything to do with it. Doesn't a woman usually dress the way she thinks she looks best?

Show that other dimension of yourself and perhaps your fortunes will change.

I wasn't aware she wanted to change anything. If she dressed plain and sat in a library she'd still attract pervs.
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 2/14/2019 5:33:01 AM

I can't do that because it is too awkward!

Yes it could be but that doesn't mean it will be and in either case it doesn't matter. You're limiting yourself and choosing the easy way out based on your own reasoning. Unfortunately, because of your illness, don't you usually see the worst case scenarios in everything when you encounter a problem? Go get that 9 pm cup of coffee and if it's awkward then don't go back. You need to find out.

I never really tried changing the topic after she started talking about her past relationships. It kind of killed the mood.

No, it killed your mood because you had unrealistic expectations of the situation and I'll finish writing this on March 1st since it took you two weeks to respond to your thread I'm sure I have the time
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 245 (view)

what is so wrong with a single dad?
Posted: 2/14/2019 4:25:19 AM
Well I'd be happy to date you for 6 months however during those 6 months I'd be slowly cleaning that car out.
 _rise_above_this_
Msg: 239 (view)

what is so wrong with a single dad?
Posted: 2/13/2019 9:08:46 AM
^^^
welcome back young lady
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 122 (view)

Posted: 2/12/2019 1:02:36 PM
Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music

Do you like good music
That sweet soul music
Just as long as it's swingin'
Oh yeah, oh yeah

We are here on the floor now
We're going to a go go
Dancin' to the music
Oh yeah, oh yeah

Spotlight on Lou Rawls, y'all
Ah don't he look tall, y'all
Singin' loves a hurtin' thing, y'all
Oh yeah, oh yeah

Spotlight on Sam and Dave y'all
Ah don't they look boss(?) y'all
Singin' hold on I'm comin'
Oh yeah, oh yeah

Spotlight on Wilson Pickett now
That wicked picket Pickett
Singin Mustang Sally
Oh yeah, oh yeah

Spotlight on Otis Redding now
Singing fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa
Fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa
Oh yeah, oh yeah

Spotlight on James Brown, y'all
He's the king of them all, y'all
He's the king of them all, y'all
Oh yeah, oh yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grE0lwTsSPg
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 6 (view)

Playing Hard to Get Vs. Mixed Signals
Posted: 2/12/2019 11:58:48 AM

Actually now that I think about it, in the last couple years a vast majority of women I dated either had bipolar disorder or took antidepressants.

Damn that was funny. Probably just to me though since I'm bipolar. If you're determined to see her again I suggest you text and see if you can draw her into a conversation that way. If you can't move on. Thank you for understanding a mental health issue doesn't define a person.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 166 (view)

Posted: 2/12/2019 11:34:53 AM
Um. Did you think I was serious when I posted that? It's what our grandparents and parents were taught in school and the way society thought at the time.
 _Rise_Above_This_

Playing Hard to Get Vs. Mixed Signals
Posted: 2/12/2019 11:29:04 AM

lexapro

Did you bother to look up what that med is for? It's for people who suffer from an anxiety or depression. Which it is doesn't matter because from your story her dislike for her job could affect either. All a guessing game for everyone but her. Now let's wait for some idiot to come along and say you dodged a bullet.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 164 (view)

Posted: 2/12/2019 11:07:17 AM
^^^^^

I re-read the OP and some more of the thread and still can't figure out if it is about who pays, whether they said thank you or if it is a gender issue.

Don't feel alone Shirley because many of our fellow posters, like you are quite misinformed when it comes to dating so I've decided to post this Educational Film which will hopeful clear up so many of the misunderstandings on here.

Dating Do's and Don'ts (1949)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxBOSdl-b54
 _Rise_Above_This_

Wish we could warn each other about bad dates
Posted: 2/11/2019 1:11:10 PM
And the trolls who prowl POF would have a new game to play
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 116 (view)

Posted: 2/11/2019 12:53:28 PM
Smokey Robinson and the Miracles - Tears of a Clown

Lyrics are on the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fD-CstUnfw

and I'll follow it up with this

ABC - When Smokey Sings

When smokey sings, I hear violins
When smokey sings, I forget everything
As she's packing her things
As she's spreading her wings
The front door might slam
But the back door it rings
And smokey sings, he sings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXK71NEFkyI
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 17 (view)

Do you like men that are better looking than you?
Posted: 2/11/2019 10:49:14 AM
Well I've never been interested in men ever. However if I should meet one who makes my panties wet turning gay is a possibility
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 153 (view)

Posted: 2/11/2019 10:30:05 AM

As women have social training to incorporate additional qualities when assessing the value of a intimate partner,

Really and where did they get this social training? Home Economics?
 _Rise_Above_This_

Women always wanting men quite taller than them
Posted: 2/11/2019 9:48:52 AM
^^^

It gives some of these people something to whine about. There's another thread with pages and pages about this.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 115 (view)

Posted: 2/11/2019 9:43:00 AM
Thank you. I really appreciate it.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 113 (view)

Posted: 2/11/2019 9:28:59 AM
Backcreek do you mind if I flood your thread? I'm on holidays and really need something to do.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 112 (view)

Posted: 2/11/2019 9:27:27 AM
Backcreek my songs are picked for their meaning to me after all there isn't a band that writes songs that are liked by everyone. Many of them I heard just snippet and had to track them down and it was a pain before the internet came along. Here is an example, this song was played very briefly in the movie Zombieland and became one of my favorites though it haunts me

Doves - Kingdom of Rust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSWr_bTrGvc

I hear a sound, a sound above my head
Distant sound of thunder, moving out on the moor

Blackbirds flew in and to the cooling towers
I'll pack my bags
Thinking of one of those hours
With you, waiting for you

My god, it takes an ocean of trust
In the kingdom of rust

I long to feel some beauty in my heart
As I go searching, right to the start

The road back to Preston
Was jutted out in snow
As I went looking for that stolen heart
For you, waiting for you

Takes an effort it does
It's in the kingdom of rust

Oh in the kingdom of rust

I long to feel that wince in my heart
As I went looking
I couldn't stop
Now I'm waiting for you

My love
I know it takes an ocean of trust
In the kingdom of rust
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 18 (view)

Wish we could warn each other about bad dates
Posted: 2/11/2019 7:23:27 AM
^^^

Sort of like the forums
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 399 (view)

Heartbroken(and it's not what you think)
Posted: 2/11/2019 7:05:54 AM
The pot isn't for my anxiety and doesn't affect it at all. It's to numb my brain from something darker. I read the threads associated with it many times and found nothing that can help me. I thought it was all centered around being alone until July created her "lonely" thread and it was then I realised I don't suffer from loneliness so that cause was ruled out. Unfortunately I haven't come up with another cause.

I don't have any friends period. I wish I had a woman friend because I prefer women to men but nothing to be done about. Now I don't want to waste your time and if you decide not to talk with me after finding this out that would be fine, Few talk about about this and like wise few have had to deal with it. I don't want to talk about it directly so I'll share this with you. My name is taken from a song by a band called Seether it contains my mantra which is also posted on my profile. Look up the meaning of the song before you listen to it, I knew the meaning the first time I heard it. This version comes with lyrics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WhJIdwS52U

Show ALL Forums