Poor soul, no one praises his memory.
By day, by night on the rolling Sea,
My father was, like his forefathers,
Trawling his nets.
 et_non
Msg: 5 (view)

Some up and see me, make me smile
Posted: 8/2/2018 11:15:23 AM
These sort of things are easy mistakes to make...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkdyok8eQWY
 et_non
Msg: 268 (view)

Best song one liners/lyrics you love
Posted: 7/22/2018 3:45:41 PM
Three songs on the theme of separation...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4irQciUxcA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd91UCozqso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbYOf5Ex9gM
 et_non
Msg: 17 (view)

Someone For Everyone?
Posted: 7/22/2018 3:39:26 PM
I wouldn't know where to begin if I tried to explain the effect ethnic cleansing and forced assimilation had on us. So I won't bother even trying. As a general rule, native cultures drew in on themselves and became quite insular in an attempt to preserve their integrity. You don't need to know any more than that.
We don't all see life through the same lens, my history is different from yours, one size doesn't fit all.

Well being up north......and out in the country, seems I wouldn't be very likely to meet anyone coloured or of mixed race on PoF.
I just scrolled through 25 pages and saw only white faces, a few dogs, a glass of beer, a glass of wine, the Eiffel Tower, and a Muppet.

Only the one muppet? You should come to Scotland, there are thousands of them.
 et_non
Msg: 18 (view)

The Numbers Game
Posted: 7/8/2018 2:06:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vqRbScCIPU&t=9s

Watch that, it'll show you how it works.
The , Match and Tinder surveys referred to, women dismiss 80% of men as below average.
Obviously it doesn't mean that 20% percent of women will find any given man attractive, the statistics don't work like that, what it means is 20% of men get all the women, the other 80% of men get nothing.

The thing to understand about women, most of them are living in some fantasy world where every man on the planet wants to have sex with them, that somehow one of the perceived eligible 20% will commit to an average woman. That won't happen.
The 20% of perceived eligible men will pair with the women of their choice and you are left with the vast majority of average to women who have convinced themselves the average man isn't good enough for them.
This raises an important question about any relationship dynamic, in her head she'll be settling for someone she thinks is fundamentally not good enough for her. Do not be a slave to women.
 et_non
Msg: 2 (view)

Best Bands/Singers/Recording Artists You Ever Watched Live
Posted: 4/11/2018 3:49:18 PM
I've seen Radiohead a few times, they were always pretty good.
The Garage, Glasgow 1994
Caird Hall, Dundee 1997
Glasgow Green 2000
Corn Exchange, Edinburgh 2003

A few miles inland from me is St. Mary's Church Haddington, built around the year 1380, I find that to be a good venue with a deep resonant acoustic. Graduate music students often perform there, I don't know who the performers are usually but it is good though, mostly it is early chamber music or unaccompanied solo voice.

The human voice as an instrument in it's own right has always been an interest of mine.
Julie Fowlis at the Village Hall in Beauly. Could be the best thing I've ever heard.
This song will give you a rough idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmgCsbhBNN8
 et_non
Msg: 120 (view)

News at Ten - Bong...surely eleven now
Posted: 4/11/2018 3:30:56 PM

This certainly beats her previous masturbatory fantasy, of running through a corn field, pursued by an angry, red-faced bumpkin.

She only had to ask.
 et_non
Msg: 184 (view)

Random Musings - Talk About Everthing
Posted: 4/11/2018 3:19:09 PM

From memory i shall give you a rough example. Using myself as the poor fvcker........

Warrant Sales
Dracul.

Thursday 12th May at 3* Crai***r Aven** Edinburgh
By order of Sheriffs Officers
For Sale
3 piece suite, wardrobe, television set

Sale starts at 2.30

et non
Thursday etc etc

Now i am not going to lie and say folk did not rush to see WHO was the victim of the sale because they did. But no one i knew ever attended a warrant sale or bought anything from them.

Only maggots did. And all goods were SOLD (often for sweetie money) for just enough to cover a debt. I doubt you will find a citizens warrant sale online as the poor fvckers name would have to be shown.

That's how I thought it would have worked. The problem with a city, the ratbags who took your stuff, you wouldn't know who they are, you'd never see them again and they'd never have to face you.
Up our way, we'd probably have bought your stuff paying peanuts for it and gave it back to you.
 et_non
Msg: 175 (view)

Posted: 4/8/2018 7:15:48 AM

et non
Warrant sales were a disgusting thing. I can mind the names of the poor folk being in the Edinburgh evening news. Their possessions as they were put in the garden and sold to the filthy maggots who enriched themselves.

A pity we do not have a great deal of choice when voting for arseholes. Anyone trying to represent the poor the poor gets crushed by the corrupt party machines.

We owe it to our ancestors who were used and abused by arsehole politicians to upset apple carts.

This country has always been notoriously bad at recording it's history, it's usually others who write it for us, it's on their terms with their own biases.
Warrant sales are a good example of what I mean, I knew they happened because I remeber seeing it on the news so I know the information has to be out there, cannot find it though, all I find is legal jargon. The legal jargon doesn't tell the whole story about how the practice played out in real terms.
I agrre with you, warrant sales made this country look bad. We didn't have them but as I understand it that's how it worked, the courts listed a person's personal details in the press and sent bailiffs around on the appointed day to put a person's possessions out in the street and let the public take what they want.
The admin costs of organizing a sale were greater than the debt itself, it wasn't about reclaiming debt, more about taking what you owned from you out of spite. That's how I saw it anyway.
Allowing these archaic laws from centuries ago to exist into the early years of the 21st century doesn't make us look good.
 et_non
Msg: 169 (view)

Posted: 4/7/2018 4:05:51 AM

You are correct there. I was not aware of the practices carried out. It makes me wonder why the SNP and Scottish labour never mentioned it more.

Have you any further reading about it? I'd be interested to get a couple of sources to read.

I think you should not give politicians the grand title of lawmakers. They are self serving snouts in the troughers. And i believe that of ALL politicians.

They are corrupt. Lawmakers lol i think arseholes are a better description.
There isn't much about real people, at least online anyway, nearly everything you'll find is going to be legalise and more concerned about the legislation itself than how it affected people.
A lot of what you will find online is likely to be about evictions back during the clearances.
It's a similar thing with warrant sales, you don't find much written about how it affected real people, most of what is online is about the legislation Abolition of Poindings and Warrant Sales Act 2001, how it affected people has been forgotten.
Warrant sales were worse I though, at least with feuduties you knew where you stood all along.
It was the long leases (175 years) that were the problem, you had to buy out the years remaining if you weren't keeping them up. Someone on a short term rolling lease wouldn't have had too much of a problem. Long leases were sucure though, couldn't be evicted and had automatic right of inheritance. When children moved away and made their lives elsewhere there were duties to pay. A lot of children took over their parent's leases to avoid these duties, that's how the system kept people trapped across the generations.

Alasdair McIntosh - Soil and Soul, I've always meant to read that book, it was published around the same time when the law changed, I've never got around to reading it yet. McIntosh is more concerned with commuity buy outs (which were probably the way to go), McIntosh is a bit of an optimist mind you but he did grow up in the system.
 et_non
Msg: 267 (view)

The feel good thread
Posted: 4/6/2018 1:38:35 PM
The 6th of April, the start of the new fiscal year. The department's annual budget allocation, this is good, I'm going to get all my oustanding expenses.
 et_non
Msg: 166 (view)

Posted: 4/6/2018 1:30:30 PM

And there speaks the way forward for brexit. Take the parts of laws etc that are relevant to us and discard the rest. It seems from your point in case that no political party up here had the will to change that wrong. And i would think they must be pressed as to why?

Much has been said about uk citizens are their 'racism' towards polish folk. Yet who is trying to undermine polish democracy? The very same eu. The poles never voted for a tame government. One the eu could manipulate.

Racism? Look no further than the brussels nightmare.

Politicians probably wouldn't answer the question, I think they'd prefer to ignore the question and pretend such a thing didn't exist. I'm sure the only people in Britain who are aware of that piece of legislation were the ones directly affected by it. Most people in Britain would likely think feudalism went out in medieval times.

Lawmakers would probably argue, well you were free to leave, which is fair enough, that's what I did, make my life elsewhere. The people who stayed were the ones that were trapped in the system all their lives. Under feudalism you're more or less renting your existence.
 et_non
Msg: 163 (view)

Posted: 4/5/2018 3:47:54 PM

In the meanitime for you sociologists, try reading this, swap the dates for a little closer to now and ....

http://www.historyhome.co.uk/peel/ruralife/swing.htm

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2000/5/contents

Abolution of Feudal Tenure (Scotland) Act 2000. the legislation came into effect 28 November 2004.
So there you go, Highland Gaels were held under the yoke of feudalism until the early 21st Century.
My parents died with almost nothing, the lamdowner took everything they had in lieu of feuduties. The same was true of nearly everyone of their generation.
Not once did anyone ever represent our interests and try and get the practice stopped. Not once.
The practice came to an end because Britain signed up to the European Social Charter in 1998.
 et_non
Msg: 44 (view)

Old vs new music
Posted: 4/3/2018 3:57:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgG_c21NW0c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeG5Pl-5e1Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ-hYnANRLM

There's nothin' for us in Belfast
The Pound's old, and that's a pity
OK, so there's the Trident in Bangor
And then you walk back to the city
We ain't got nothin' but they don't really care
They don't even know you know
They just want money, we can take it or leave it
What we need

Is an Alternative Ulster
Grab it and change it, it's yours
Get an Alternative Ulster
Ignore the bores and their laws
Be an anti-security force
Alter your native Ulster
Alter your native land

Take a look where you're livin'
You got the army on the street
And the RUC dog of repression
Is barking at your feet
Is this the kind of place you want to live?
Is this where you want to be?
Is this the only life we're gonna have?
What we need

Is an Alternative Ulster
Grab it and change it, it's yours
Ignore the bores and their laws
Be an anti-security force
Alter your native Ulster
Alter your native land

They say they're a part of you
And that's not true, you know
They say they've got control of you
And that's a lie, you know
They say you will never
Be free, free, free
 et_non
Msg: 157 (view)

VERY LOW OPINION OV MY SELF EVEN LOWER
Posted: 4/3/2018 2:40:24 PM
I can't picture them as a couple, their lifestyles seem completely out of sync. They'd pull in different directions.
Something would have to give, invariably it would be him. The OP must be a glutton for punishment going after a woman like that, he'd spend his life trying to please her and keep her affections.
The relationship (if it happened) would be wholly one sided.

A little bit of common sense doesn't go amiss, a couple would roughly have to be a the same stage in life, share the same goals and be going in a similar direction before they would realistically have any chance of going anywhere.
 et_non
Msg: 3 (view)

Social Media
Posted: 3/31/2018 3:58:30 PM
I'm not sure, ecology would say that population density is the key. When more animals are competing for a fixed amount of resources, there will be an increase in competitiveness and aggression.
You could maybe make the case, technology and media forces itself into a person's personal space, other people's lives are in your face all the time. In a way this qualifies as a form of overcrowding.

Maybe doesn't help matters that media creates a perceived need over actual need. Seems to me, the easier people's lives get in modernity the more they complain, always wanting more of whatever it is they're complaining about.
 et_non
Msg: 31 (view)

random very predictable musings....macro economics corner ...
Posted: 3/31/2018 3:41:37 PM
Billy

I agree with you, interest rates are the root of the problem, realistically interest rates should be close to the rate of consumer price index percentage rates before there can be a balanced economy. You can't really raise interest rates without making the economy collapse, it's a Catch 22.
It's easy to be cynical, a stock market collapse is on the cards, that will be followed by another round of money printing. One day this constant money printing will catch up with us, the money supply has been inflated, it's a case of waiting for consumer prices to catch up. The public don't seem to see a problem with an inflated money supply.

Right now it would be a good idea to see how your bank is going to cover it's liabilities. My everday banking is with the Clydesdale Bank, which is backed by JP Morgan, hmmmm, assets around 2 trillion debt liabilities around 50 trillion. I've no chance, the Clydesdale will go the way of Northern Rock.
Luckily most of what I have is tied up elsewhere, ready cash for everyday items would be a nuisance though.

Chap

It's a similar situation around this way with high street stores, they're steadily closing, fast food outlets are taking over.
What you say makes sense, I think a lot of businesses haven't recovered from 2008, I think it is going to be even worse this time around. Local independent businesses were always going to be the ones hardest hit by internet trade.
 et_non
Msg: 27 (view)

random very predictable musings....macro economics corner ...
Posted: 3/30/2018 3:06:19 PM
An RSS Newsfeed stated the City has said the yeild on short term treasury bonds is greater than that on 10, 15 or 20 year bonds. An inverse yield curve basically, the economy has officially entered recession.

Recently, said RSS feed stated (had to dig for this so hope you appreciate it) the following store closures (among others)
Lloyd's Pharmacy - 190 stores
Bank of Scotland - 11 branches
Royal Bank of Scotland - 62 branches
NatWest - 197 branches
Lloyd's Bank - 32 branches
Thomas Cook - 50 stores
Prezzo - 61 stores
Homebase - 40 stores
H & M - 170 worldwide (inspecified uk number)
Quite a few others but I've not heard of them and don't know what they are. Safe to say things aren't looking that great.
 et_non
Msg: 22 (view)

Annoying ads
Posted: 3/28/2018 2:44:06 PM

I'm watching too much TV at the moment, I dread the time when that could be my only entertainment

By making a periscope from toilet roll tubes and small mirrors it is possible to watch TV from below the floorboards.
Not only will the help to break the monotony, it will also make you seem cool and interesting like a spy.
Women will find you suave and debonair like James Bond.

Anyway, I don't want to give away all my secrets. About these annoying ads, I don't think it matters if they're annoying, if they stick in your mind, then they've done their job.
 et_non
Msg: 88 (view)

News at Ten - Bong...surely eleven now
Posted: 3/28/2018 2:24:45 PM
Ach, deception is the art or war. Those skilled in the art know how to pull the strings. Chances are you're doing exactly what someone wants you to do, even if you think you're questioning or dissenting, more than likely there is a double bluff operation leading you.

I've no opinion on this incident one way or the other. Nor can I know who is manipulating the story or even if there is some agency is manipulating the story at all.
 et_non
Msg: 9 (view)

psychedelics as the origins of religion
Posted: 3/27/2018 3:50:05 PM
[quite]and also the origins of various holidays, here is one video that sums it up pretty well... put speed at 2x to make a 12 min video 6 mins
Samhain means halloween apparently........Except it doesn't. Samhain is the Gaelic word for November, the whole month, not any particular day.
The night of the 31st would be called Oidhche Shamhna, that doesn't mean halloween either, it only means the night between October and November (or November night).
Scots Gaelic and English aren't simply a case of using a different set of words to say the same thing. The two cultures conceptualize the world in fundamentally different ways. Where the English language tends to prioritize the noun in any sentence and sees the world in much more material terms, Scots Gaelic is predicated on correspondences (as in the case of Oidhche Shamhna) it is the relationship between things where the meaniing is found. A huge amount of Gaelic doesn't translate very well as English doesn't have the conceptual framework to receive it.

Anyway, Samhain, traditionally on the 11th of the month. the eleventh day of the eleventh month, that's when the obsevances were undertaken. It was the time when the livestock that were earmarked for slaughter were to be killed to get you throught the winter. Animals to slaughter were always seen as innocent, they gave their lives so you could live, you'd tended to them from birth and now you are to kill them. The November obserbances were a salve for your own conscience basically, really had nothing to do with halloween.

Native culture doesn't have much of a voice, never has had, the world is full of neopagans, wannabe Indians, neo Celts, shamen, these are the ones who define our respective cultures.
I find a lot of these reopagans and wiccans to be quite ridiculous, As with the case of Samhain, they've only appropriated a word and applied it as own and think that will make them authentic. It doesn't, their thinking remains 100% English.
Their source material is almost always late Victorian era romanticism, the "noble savage" counterstereotype essentially. A lot of the more modern neopagans are now spewing some dismal earth goddess worship.
Personally i gave up saying anything years ago, I see meopagans as adult infants playing at dress up. The number of books being published on "Celtic" themes is disturbing though. Almost all of which are completely spurious. Scots Gaelic is an spoken tradition, the culture is not overly prone to write things down. These books will be our legacy.
 et_non
Msg: 669 (view)

Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?
Posted: 3/11/2018 9:55:39 AM

^^^ Or, in other words, what can you do for me?

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
---Red Green

The female, not the male, determines all the conditions of the animal family. Where the female can derive no benefit from association with the male, no such association takes place.
— Robert Briffault

Briffault's Law applies across the animal kngdom. Be reasonable to assume it applies to humans too.
Men do the chasing. Women do the choosing. That's basically courtship, the male has to prove his worth to the female.

I'm like you purplerier, just get on with my life, do my own thing.
The problem for me arises when a woman occassionally takes a shine to me. If she doesn't get what she wants from me she will turn on me and become vindictive. It's all about what the woman wants.
 et_non
Msg: 72 (view)

earworms
Posted: 2/20/2018 12:45:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIUc4NZsCCw

^^^ Could be the ultimate earworm.
Theses are good songs though, been listening to them quite a bit lately.

Swervedriver - For seeking heat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIqr9ut-mv0

Swervedriver - Blowin' cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFaR6O3L6ZU

Mega City Four - Iron sky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjcRBrITnOk
 et_non
Msg: 104 (view)

Groundhog day
Posted: 2/20/2018 12:30:58 PM
You have to laugh sometimes, it must be terrible being a clever person.
Today's job was good thanks, more on my level. Pulling rusty wire out a ditch and putting it in a van. Not only that, got to take it to the tip at Macmerry. It was lot's of fun.

No anxiery about which toilet to use, just used the ground. Using a public toilet in Scotland is a game of Russian Roulette.

http://img.izismile.com/img/img7/20140624/640/meanwhile_in_scotland_640_09.jpg
 et_non
Msg: 102 (view)

Groundhog day
Posted: 2/20/2018 10:34:08 AM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....................................................

Same old Shyte, another thread ruined. Way to go d1ckheads.

You're probably right, should just ignore him. In his own head he thinls he's the champion of the world. Can't really tell people like that anything, they'll always think they're righr no matter what.
 et_non
Msg: 98 (view)

Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/19/2018 2:33:53 PM

10ky doesn't know what he's talking about. I'm not sure you do either.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-lgbt-biology/born-this-way-researchers-explore-the-science-of-gender-identity-idUSKBN1AJ0F0

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20032-transsexual-differences-caught-on-brain-scan/

Scientific questions cannot be answered in simplistic right or wrong terms. The fact you think they can should tell everyone all they need to know.
 et_non
Msg: 96 (view)

Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/18/2018 6:02:03 PM

Bold assumption on your part. I opinionate on subjects I'm qualified and experienced to have an opinion about, and hold off on things I don't. How about you?

Much like when you're at primary school an you ate taught to multiply fractions if you do not learn the method you won't be able to extend the depth of your knowledge and solve more complex problems. You'll only be able to answer simplistic questions by rote.
It's called the scientific method for a reason. All you need to know is how you arrived at your conclusions.

^^^ Now here's a very empty vessel who makes an awful lot of noise.
If you've a female brain born in a body with male sexual characteristics, there's a lot of point.

10ky is right though.
Social theorists have been saying for decades there is no such thing as the female mind, that gender is culturally conditioned.
Now you're talking about the female brain as though it's an extant and unconditional thing.
Something doesn't add up.
 et_non
Msg: 84 (view)

Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/18/2018 8:12:43 AM

I’m getting all hot n flustered.......what’s it all meannnnn!?!

I don't know either, that's why I asked.
If someone is going to tell me what to think they'll need to explain why I should accept their position, a knee jerk "you are wrong" doesn't tell anything.

They told me that at school, show the working out of a problem and how the answer was reached.
Looking over someone's shoulder and copying their work won't help me understand. Even if the answer is the right one and I pass an exam, I won't have learned anything because I won't have learned the method.
Cut and paste is the equivalent of looking over someone's shoulder and copying their work. Many are quick to tell me what the right answer is, yet few can explain how they reached their conclusions.
It's all terribly confusing sometimes, why it's almost as if these really really clever people loke orange have absolutely no idea what they are talking about and only parrot what other people have told them to say.
 et_non
Msg: 74 (view)

Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/17/2018 6:39:09 PM

The thing with gender issues and sexuality issues is that they are not boxes to put people in. The same can be said of physical sexual identity. No-one is physically in form or mentally 100% male or 100% female. Between the polarities is a very long line.

Here orange, how do you measure an open dynamic system without isolating the system.
What's the deal with randomized sampling, punctuated equilibrium and proxy variable modelling?
 et_non
Msg: 150 (view)

So many angry single people
Posted: 2/13/2018 2:56:25 PM

Muff Diving??? What the hell is that?

Not sure, I think it's a woman thing. One slip of the tongue and you're in the shit.
 et_non
Msg: 31 (view)

100 years on
Posted: 2/8/2018 10:33:25 AM

As for your rant about beating women up........WTF?

The political left are increasingly becoming like an apocalyptic religious cult who think the world is miredin evil and sin except for a small handful of the elect. The rest of us are unredeemed and must answer.
Acceptance will not suffice, a person has to go that little bit further and prove they aren't guilty.
 et_non
Msg: 265 (view)

Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW)
Posted: 2/6/2018 10:36:55 AM
Meanwhile over here in idiot jockoland some bozo called a spade a long handled digging implement.
 et_non
Msg: 79 (view)

Islam: The Untold Story
Posted: 2/4/2018 7:48:38 AM
Emile Zola's La bete humaine is a good book. Should read it sometime.
People don't really control themselves, life is structured in such a way that the bad stuff doesn't come to the fore.
The gubbmint has bankrupted itself trying to pacify it's children, when the source of comfort begins to evaporate due to failing finances the beast will surface.
 et_non
Msg: 257 (view)

Best song one liners/lyrics you love
Posted: 1/30/2018 4:18:32 PM
Masssive Attack - Rush Minute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIuJ53dAmjY

I wanna be clean but I gotta get high
It's good to be here, so hard to come by
You bring pain cause you got game
And needles and pins a man can't take

Peaches living in niches
Digging the scene like beautiful cliches
Throwing shapes in a gangster lean
Ignoring wars on gasoline
I got some yearning, God I'm made to get high
God's left hand wasn't made to get by
Got more highs left in me
And there's more room in recovery

From evil states that strip all chrome
From Marshall Amps into broken homes
And borstal blues to countless cliques
That rhythm sticks to those classic chicks
Still your tears and drown your fears
All is clear in a glass of beer

Peaches living in niches
Digging the scene like beautiful cliches
You fill me with endorphins
And you star in magazines
We draw liquor from the mattress springs
It ain't over til the last bell rings
Got more highs, you and me
And deluxe rooms in recovery
 et_non
Msg: 474 (view)

Corbyn v May II coming soon ..
Posted: 1/30/2018 4:15:40 PM

My right to slap the dafties out of witnesses sight is MY free speech

As someone astutely observed - If you are in favour of free speech you are in favour of the free speech of precisely the views of those who you despise, otherwise you are not in favour of free speech.

Anyway enough of that. Time to exercise my free speech and say something rather uncool...
It's the Japanese I feel sorry for. In 1954 the city of Tokyo was besieged by a giant radioactive dinosaur. In 1955 the same dinosaur returned and attacked Tokyo again.
Quiet for a few years, then in 1962 it came back yet again but this time it got into a fight with a 300 ft gorilla.
I've done research on this, Japan has been attacked 29 times by giant dinosaurs, last time was 2014.
 et_non
Msg: 3 (view)

Emptying your desk ...
Posted: 1/30/2018 3:54:11 PM
I know what you mean, it's a bittersweet feeling packing the past away and moving on (or at least trying to, I always feel guilty about trying to live my life). My big change came out of the blue, wasn't prepared for it.
More or less changed my whole life, moved from the Highlands to East Lothian, from a fairly decent surveyors job to a simple monitoring and maintenace job in forestry. Started from scratch, a new life.
These days I've adopted a hard minimalist lifestyle, aimed for 150 possessions or less but it's probably little bit more than that, no matter, I own virtually nothing, don't want to either, not interested in being someone.
The saying is true, the things you own end up owning you. There is a certain freedom in having nothing.

Something else I've learned, when I had a good job and lived in a good area on the outskirts of Inverness, the way people responded to me and treated me was much better than they do now that I am a manual worker and live ina a shoebox sized place. I've come to learn the world is built on bourgeois pretension, all appearances.
 et_non
Msg: 682 (view)

Vote deleted please...
Posted: 1/30/2018 11:27:36 AM
Scarey's account wasn't the only one to be deleted.

You only have to be reported and deleted once, the site software will detect the identifying MAC address on your hard drive and automatically delete any new account made from the device. Only a matter of time.
 et_non
Msg: 7 (view)

Favorite new Band for 2017
Posted: 1/30/2018 10:23:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrkUAC7_lH8

Blaenavon are pretty good.
 et_non
Msg: 680 (view)

Vote deleted please...
Posted: 1/30/2018 10:07:13 AM

Lol. Scarey got kicked again. Good to see the most boring old troll on here chastised finally.

There seems to have been quite a few accounts deleted recently, doesn't have to be reason for it, only needs someone to get their pretend cyber friends to join in the reporting, it's fairly indiscriminate as far as I can see.

Show ALL Forums