Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: No Emails when I get a message here?
 snowwolfII
Msg: 2 (view)

No Emails when I get a message here?
Posted: 2/27/2010 12:38:03 AM
Yes I do :) It's something I would miss too like your pc doesn't work, is it plugged in... But thank you for asking! I might try a new profile as a last resort I suppose. It's not worked ever and I've been here on and off for 4+ years. Will try the profile thing. Wish me luck!
 snowwolfII
Msg: 5 (view)

what is with this technical support system?!?!
Posted: 2/26/2010 4:32:27 AM
I've been on and off this site for years. I never get an email when I get messages. I've posted about it, emailed them, you name it I've tried it to no avail so I have to check here when my profile is active to see if anyone mailed me. Want to trade issues? lol
 snowwolfII
Msg: 1 (view)

No Emails when I get a message here?
Posted: 2/25/2010 1:32:04 PM
Hi. I don't get any email notifications for here. I've added whoever@POF.com to my address book, it's not going to spam, it's not getting out at ALL. This makes it very difficult when I am emailing someone back and forth often and I leave this page. Any suggestions? Thanks much!
 SnowwolfII
Msg: 15 (view)

Who likes PC games mmorpg's and do you think having a partner into that stuff lead to love
Posted: 11/13/2007 1:21:56 PM
Servers are starting to pop up as I type! See you in Azeroth, altho Ive not seen the realm I am on listed by anyone (Stormrage)

Time to KILL! LOL
 SnowwolfII
Msg: 11 (view)

Who likes PC games mmorpg's and do you think having a partner into that stuff lead to love
Posted: 11/12/2007 11:50:36 AM

I will say that not every green-eyed blond elf...is actually a green-eyed blond woman.

LMAO First mmorpg I played I heard it said "Online games, where men are men and so are most of the women" and MAN does that fit!

All my toons are female tho LOL
 SnowwolfII
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 11/12/2007 5:15:00 AM
Ok so who's Horde and who's Alliance in here? Hmmm? LOL Yeah I play too. I have a 70 alliance and a 66 horde who will be 67 in about an hour or two... LMAO

FOR DA HORDE! I actaully like horde better... except the Barrens... *sheepish grin and not from my mage*
 SnowwolfII
Msg: 27 (view)

age limit for kids in the room during sex
Posted: 11/1/2007 9:51:36 PM
Hey Fig, tell us about the 3some you had last Christmas too!

had to do it. Someone would have... LOL

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII
Msg: 71 (view)

Death Ok for Child Rapist?
Posted: 11/1/2007 9:34:18 PM

Sometimes though , there is no reasonable doubt that the right person has been collared. Depending on a multitude of factors from the seriousness of the crime to the possibility of rehabilitation one can decide if the crime warrants the punishment of execution.

I agree 100% BUT the fact that it can be swayed so much because it's too vague would cause a whole slew of more problems. And the problem of the possiblity of a truely innocent person dieing is too horrid to even think about. Who's to make the decision that "THIS" is enough evidence that we can fry them? Yes I agree most should be so please don't take that wrong, but it's almost as if we're asking the courts or gov to play God. Catch 22 all the time but with new technology every day like DNA testing and such, eventually hopefully we WILL have the tools to KNOW 100% that we have the right guy, but until then, would you want to be the one to flip the switch only to find out later that they WERE innocent? I wouldn't want that on my concience...

just my 2 pennies worth.

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII
Msg: 9 (view)

Ladies when reading an email from someone new?
Posted: 11/1/2007 9:02:38 PM
A HUGE thing for me is some referral to my profile. I don't say much so shouldn't be that difficult to find something to say that tells me you read the blasted thing! But I generally do read the profile before the email too, just to see who the person is. There's only been a few that scared me so badly I didn't reply... and some I replied with one or two words. LOL

Best of luck to you.
Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII
Msg: 136 (view)

Appetizer Competition Party - looking for recipe suggestions
Posted: 11/1/2007 8:12:09 PM
http://catlady99.tripod.com/litterboxcake.htm

SnowwolfII

Litter Box Cake *GRIN*
Posted: 7/6/2007 4:43:34 PM
For a pic of it, the link is: http://catlady99.tripod.com/litterboxcake.htm

Ingredients

1 package white cake mix
1 package spice cake mix
1 box vanilla wafers
2 packages instant vanilla pudding
4 cups milk (to prepare the pudding)
green food colouring
tootsie rolls and/or small Oh Henry chocolate bars
icing sugar (if desired)
kitty litter pan to hold the cake
litter scoop for serving the cake
Method

Bake cakes separately according to package directions.
Crumble and mix the two cakes in a very large container or the litter pan.
Crush vanilla wafers and colour 1 cup of the crumbs with green food colouring (it takes a lot of food colouring). Reserve the coloured crumbs for decoration.
Prepare pudding according to package directions.
Add the uncoloured wafer crumbs to the cake and mix.
Combine the cake/crumb mixture with the pudding and spread in the litter pan.
Decoration - this is where the artist in you comes out!

Heat tootsie rolls in microwave for 10 seconds and shape realistically.
Oh Henry bars - coat with honey and roll in the wafer crumbs (coloured or uncoloured).
Place tootsie rolls and chocolate bars in or on the cake mixture.
Spread the green crumbs over the top of the cake.
Sprinkle with icing sugar (if desired).
Enjoy - if you can stomach it!!
 SnowwolfII
Msg: 12 (view)

Stupid question time..
Posted: 7/4/2007 8:04:01 PM

When I find myself in situations like that, I hang my head in shame, mourn who I thought the other person was, kick myself in the butt for not seeing the truth sooner and dance a jig because I'm free to do it all over again.

That has got to be the most direct answer here. LOL And made me laugh because it's SOOOOOOOOOO true! But yeah, it's "normal" because we feel used yet miss what we thought we had...

Hang in there. This too shall pass :)
 SnowwolfII
Msg: 47 (view)

People with disabilities and ignorance in society
Posted: 7/3/2007 2:35:12 PM
Maybe I am wrong for putting my limitations with my back in my profile. I've had literally hundreds look at my profile and never send a word. I'm not dead here people, I CAN do most of the things a healthy person can, just not as fast or as long? Does that mean I don't "belong" here? Sometimes it feels like that... Ahh well, maybe one day, just not today LOL In the mean time I'll just haunt the forums and comment occassionally

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII
Msg: 16 (view)

Dating on a shoestring.
Posted: 6/28/2007 10:24:22 AM

How about a lady helping me work on my car? Except for parts, the labor is free. But if i did that, i do not think i would have to worry about anymore dates.

I'd do it in a heartbeat. I love working on cars. LOL Well, I should qualify that since crawling underneath it I'd not be able to get back up so limited but still... I've rebuilt a few motors and transmissions, done just about anything you can do to a vehicle...

so you just never know!

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII

Toothpaste warning!?
Posted: 6/14/2007 8:33:24 PM
Noooooooooooo Byrd! I'd miss you! It actually can kill you... it's pretty bad, that's why I posed it.
 SnowwolfII

Toothpaste warning!?
Posted: 6/14/2007 3:56:35 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/06/14/health/main2926845.shtml

WASHINGTON, June 14, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(AP / CBS)

Fast Facts

The trading company said the problem was discovered in routine testing by the Food and Drug Administration. The same chemical led to the recall of several brands of toothpaste imported from China.

(AP) Tubes of toothpaste sold in discount stores in four U.S. states and labeled Colgate - described as counterfeit by Colgate - are being recalled because they may contain a poisonous chemical, according to the importer of the tubes.

A Food and Drug Administration official, Doug Arbesfeld, confirmed Wednesday that testing had found the chemical in a product with the Colgate label. But he said the agency is unsure if it is really Colgate or a counterfeit.

"We are aware that toothpaste is something that's been counterfeited in the past," he said. "We don't want to alarm people unnecessarily."

MS USA Trading, Inc. of North Bergen, New Jersey, said the toothpaste may contain diethylene glycol, a chemical found in antifreeze.

The company said the toothpaste, imported from South Africa, was sold in discount stores in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Maryland.

"Made in South Africa" is printed on the box and the batch includes Regular, Gel, Triple and Herbal versions.

The trading company said the problem was discovered in routine testing by the Food and Drug Administration. It said no illnesses have been reported to date.

The same chemical has led to the recall of several brands of toothpaste imported from China in recent weeks.

Colgate-Palmolive issued a statement early Thursday saying the tubes are counterfeit.

The company said it does not use, nor has ever used, diethylene glycol as an ingredient in Colgate toothpaste anywhere in the world.

"Colgate does not import toothpaste into the United States from South Africa," said the statement from Colgate-Palmolive Company. "In addition, the counterfeit packages examined so far have several misspellings including: `isclinically,' `SOUTH AFRLCA' and `South African Dental Assoxiation.'

"Counterfeit toothpaste is not manufactured or distributed by Colgate and has no connection with the company whatsoever," the company said, adding that Colgate is working closely with the FDA "to help to identify those responsible for the counterfeit product."
 SnowwolfII

e-mail messages not working
Posted: 12/21/2006 6:04:35 PM
and when it's none of the above because I did read that, we do what? LOL Sorry, I did look at all those possible options and that wasn't the case. I sent almost the exact same email to them and it went through the 2nd time. Thought it was quite odd. The 2nd one did go through so not really an issue, just thought perhaps there was a bug in the system and someone needed to know.

Thank you
Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 12/20/2006 8:31:16 PM
I assumed by posting here, but I'm not sure. We both have posts about it so hopefully someone will catch it :)

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII
Msg: 11 (view)

Promise Rings
Posted: 12/20/2006 7:30:34 PM
My daughter, who is 27, got one from her 44 year old boyfriend because they are "unofficially engaged" because she "hasn't gotten around to" getting her divorce yet. To me it's a bunch of horse manure but so is their relationship LOL At least he IS younger than me... by 4 MONTHS. *looks for the guy pounding his head on a wall and doesn't see it*

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII

I just sent an email and it dissapeared?
Posted: 12/20/2006 7:25:53 PM
nope, 2nd try went through and they replied so I know they got it. Someone else is having problems too. Appears maybe there's a bug...

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII

Posted: 12/20/2006 6:45:09 PM
Ahhh I wrote one earlier and hit send and it didn't show up in my "sent" box (post just below this). I suspect maybe the mail is goofey tonight. I did try a 2nd email to the same person and the 2nd one made it. Go figure.

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII

I just sent an email and it dissapeared?
Posted: 12/20/2006 6:04:58 PM
Hi. I wrote out an email to someone with no restrictions on who can write to them. It's someone whom I have had a little conversation going on with on the forums, hit send and it's NOWHERE. Not in my "sent" box, not in deleted, just GONE. Did I do something wrong? Should I try again or that might be harassing them if they DID get it but for whatever reason it's not showing up in my sent messages list? I'm confused. Hopefully it's not a bug in the site :)

Thanks
Snowwolf

EDIT: Tried a 2nd email and this one showed up. Very strange.
 SnowwolfII
Msg: 46 (view)

prison romances
Posted: 12/20/2006 9:10:59 AM
I agree with Hazy, I also have written to a man in prison, just wrote, nothing sexual, nothing about money or anything, just to brighten his day some. They are still human beings, sorry but it's a fact. How many here can say they have never made a mistake? If you claim that your a flat out liar. Yes some in prison NEED to be there and should never leave. I wouldn't correspond with a prisoner without living in a large city and having a post office box simply because of safety reasons so yes I am leery and no I am not corresponding with any right now nor do I plan to again in the future, NOT because of the one I did write to, whom has since been released and last I heard doing quite well and he appreciated me just writing to him to say hi, tell him about what's going on out here.

Yes I got some mail from others who wanted all kinds of things. Told them off and returned their future letters unanswered. The prison started to not allow them to send me stuff because it just came back. there are a few, certainly not all but there are some people in prison who are indeed innocent. There are some who are indeed sorry they messed up. Finding those few isn't always easy, I think I got lucky.

I lost contact with that man when I moved and he moved and so forth. I could prolly call his mom and get his address again but I feel like I am a part of his past and he wants to leave me there which is just fine. It was nice to have a friend who I could lean on when things were tough from time to time and yes he did listen and was compassionate when I was going through a couple years of personal hell, only via letters but we were a light at the end of the tunnel for each other. Maybe I'm stupid, but I think it helped both of us to show a little compassion to a fellow human being.

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII
Msg: 3 (view)

this one will make you sick
Posted: 12/20/2006 8:45:30 AM
I have first hand knowledge of how lax the so-called child protective services can be with pedophiles. I won't go into details but I can see how this happened for 2 years easily. It sickens me like you wouldn't believe but yes, society allows it because how would you regulate it? Impossible. The so-called CPS is usually either too aggresive or not aggresive enough, one extreem or the other. Very tough job and they are only human. Catch 22 no matter how you look at it.

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII
Msg: 127 (view)

He Loves Everything About You, Except Your Cat
Posted: 12/19/2006 8:39:25 PM
to do a "quote" from someone else's post you type [ quote] (all together) then paste the quoted text then type [ /quote] to end it, again all together. I had to place a space in to not get a "quote" put up.

Hope this helps. I found trying to read that response was impossible since the time and effort couldn't be put into doing it properly.

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII

Here's something really wrong with other dating sites
Posted: 12/19/2006 8:09:49 PM
I'm sorry but that TOS is absolutly a riot! Did you not read it first? Insane but that's how they get people. I've seen those or something similar on every paid site I even looked at then passed because of that.

I am on a disabled site as well and I tell you what, the number of scammers on there are rediculous compared to the number of actual real people. Here I have yet to find one scammer, which is nice. Sure I've spoke with my share of "dogs" but they get weeded out pretty fast too. Considering the number of people who use PoF, I find it to be awesome. I feel secure that if I DID get contacted by a scammer that it would be taken care of fast, just like the other site. There's SO many way's to hide your identity or make one that's not real on the internet, there's no way they can guarantee that there's no scammers. Just impossible IMHO. And some I consider "dogs" may be a prince in someone else's eyes, who am I to say?

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII
Msg: 7 (view)

Why does affection turn women off?
Posted: 12/19/2006 6:18:42 PM

If you seriously want quality guys then the best thing you can put in your profile is "not a man hater and not a moaner"

I thought men liked moaners! And screamers and... Oh wait, you meant something else. Nevermind!

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII
Msg: 118 (view)

Posted: 12/19/2006 6:06:52 PM
Was that pun intended? "pet peeve"

trying to lighten this up a bit, that's all

=^.,.^= MEOW!
 SnowwolfII

Why does affection turn women off?
Posted: 12/19/2006 5:47:43 PM
I must be odd or something but the few men I HAVE met, first thing I do is hug them! And it's not gone farther than that but it's still a great ice breaker. I DO ask before we meet tho if that will be ok and never been turned down I love hugs. I used to go up and hug strangers sometimes for odd reasons like they were crying or looked very unahppy. Never once got a bad reaction. Surprised sure, but always a smile.

As for the rest of it, that isn't something I'd be real comfortable with. Hand holding maybe. Kiss at the end only if it went real well but playing with my hair, which I LOVE, but first meeting? I don't know... would be kind of creepy to me. And cuddling, where would we be that we'd be in a position to? That would need to wait because first meeting MUST BE in a public safe place because you just don't KNOW who that is on the other side of the internet line, you know?

Guess I am weird LOL

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII
Msg: 58 (view)

Posted: 12/18/2006 9:47:34 AM

If my dog and two cats don't like you then there's a problem since they like just about everybody. And if you don't like them then don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

RIGHT ON!! My pet's are a MUCH better judge of character than I am LOL My one really special cat, Tiny, my son found when he was about 4 weeks old, covered with fleas and his head was about twice the size of his body. We brought him in, bathed him and I gave him a sleeping pill to try to ease his pain, figuring there was NO way he'd live. I wrapped him up in a towel and held him all day. He's now a bouncing 10 pound, 3.5 year old terror and I love him to pieces I have a total of 4 cat's and a dog, but my Tiny is very special to me. If I am real down and crying, HE comes and licks my face, nudges my chin, loves on me until either he's soaked or I stop crying LOL Try to get a man to be that dedicated?

Snowwolf and Tiny
 SnowwolfII

Silly String...A New Weapon In Iraq???
Posted: 12/16/2006 6:58:21 PM
it's a lot of fun to decorate a Christmas tree with too

We seriously did that one year, was a BLAST! No pun intended...

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII

How to start?
Posted: 12/10/2006 7:20:57 PM
Hi Draco. One other thing you need to develop is a very thick skin. There's a lot of people on this site, and any other site like this, that are pure jerks. I've had a few get me into tears and almost left but you know what? I've also met 2 people who became very close friends so it's a give and take.

Hang in there Sweety, may take a while and lots of pulling weeds but there's a few in here somewhere that is also looking for you

Best wishes
Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII
Msg: 41 (view)

Kid arrested for opening present too early.
Posted: 12/7/2006 2:09:35 PM

If that's the way you feel, why so determined to defend this woman's behavior? Had she done her job from the time the boy was a toddler this might not have occured. Or does she get a pass because she's a single mom(who had the boy at 15....still a child herself)? You can't excuse her as a parent in one post and condemn parents for "burying their head in the sand" in the next.

that was the whole point. She DIDN'T bury her head in the sand and neither do I, like so many parents do.

I guess I didn't do MY job because my son DID steal things a few times. Give me a BREAK. If your a parent you should know sometimes kids do things because they are KIDS. OMG my grandson wet his pants, what did my daughter do wrong! Enough sarcasm to make the point now? I hope so because it's truely pathetic.

I re-read my post to try to see how it was missunderstood so greatly and I don't see it. My point was made and I'm not going to argue it.

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII
Msg: 38 (view)

Posted: 12/7/2006 11:42:55 AM

It's part of the deal. I hope your son did learn his lesson, Snowwolf, and I hope he forgives you for wanting to turn him in to the cops.

My son has not only thanked me a number of times but has yet to be caught again. I refuse to bury my head in the sand and think he'll NEVER do it again, but it seems to have worked for him as it did for my daughter who is now 27 and a very responsible person, mother of 2 whom I also raised ALONE. My son's father? He moved across the country. His choice to walk out of my son's life. Yeah, he's a great guy. Too bad we're no longer married. My son would have been SO much better off if we had witnessed him slamming me around every time he graced us with his presence. Was a wonderful life I tell ya! *sarcasm off now* Look at the big picture before pointing fingers. I am sickened by how many so-called "parents" point fingers everywhere but THEMSELVES. I DID by asking the cops to arrest him. I SAID I can't do any more, help me. They refused but he got the point. I had no other options that are LEGAL anymore. You lay a hand on your kid nowday's, even just a smack on the butt and your going to jail. That's purely insane. I don't believe in spanking or beating them or anything like that, but sometimes I have given them 1 smack on the butt. Maybe 4 times in my daughters life to adulthood and 2 or 3 in my son's at age 16. All this flowery "time out" and crap doesn't always work. My son is also "ADHD" but I don't make excuses for him because of that. He KNOWS and makes choices. ADHD is just the latest cop out for parents and doctors to dope up kids (most not all, making that clear, there are SOME true ADHD kids, mine's NOT one of them tho nor are prolly a majority of them that are labled as such) because they can't find anything else that WORKS. Society today loves the lables and hides behind them to blame for their actions. Not this ****.

Sorry but yes the statistics are bad but look at the % of single parent homes vs both parents or nuclear family as it were. I never stole again after my mom had me locked up, and my father was there yet too! Don't give me that crap, I don't buy it. Sorry. WAY too many parents these day's, because of CPS and places like that, can't or won't do anything with their kids until it's too late. What I did is I did NOT break the law but it taught him something. I could have beat the hell out of him too. I wouldn't but making a point.

Flame away, I'm ready for it

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 12/6/2006 9:23:08 AM
I wish it was that easy to do! My son was CAUGHT shoplifting 3x and NONE of them would press charges. It makes me SO mad to hear the "Oh poor kid, his dad's not around" well you know what? I'm glad he's not because he's a jerk. Does that make my son a shoplifter? NO. My dragging him back to the store to return things and admit to the manager of the store IN FRONT OF anyone who is around seems to have cured it I hope. This last time I stood there and begged them to lock him up. They refused and because they refused to press charges the cop couldn't take him. I was livid. At 14 he wouldn't have been in long but it would have woken him up sooner I think. Now he's 16 and not done anything that I know of (yeah I know, prolly has but I have to catch him) and when/if he get's caught again the penalty will be much higher. Does he think about this? Hell no! He got away with it so much before, so why stop? I know the ONE time I did it and got caught, was put in cuffs and the whole 9 yards at age 12 I never did it again!

Sometimes society just makes me sick. I cheered for the mom that this article was about. Imagine if kids were held accountable when they screwed up the first couple times, they would LEARN instead of going to prison later on in life because they never learned.

Done ranting now, thank you

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII

If i cant give you everything should i even try?
Posted: 12/5/2006 1:05:35 PM
Depends on if you want to be alone the rest of your life? Most of us have expectations, sure... but if someone is "lacking" in a few of them, perhaps I should reevaluate my list? Is this person worth letting go a few what might be petty silly little things? Or are the 3/10 that you don't have major things? Like oops I live in another country on the other side of the planet but hey, we have everything else! Or OMG he has hair 1" longer than I like! Can't do that! That's exaggerated but you get the point. I've learned you have to be flexible but have some basics that you simply couldn't accept like if he doesn't shower for example, but not nit pick too much. It's all a balance, isn't it?

Good luck

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII
Msg: 13 (view)

telephone numbers reverse look up question
Posted: 12/5/2006 6:01:24 AM
Pretty much, yes Freecuddles. Scarey isn't it? A lot of places will charge something to do a background check on people but some will pay it. Personally I DO look up on the sex offender list but don't go beyond that. With kids, you can't be too safe anymore.

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII
Msg: 14 (view)

How mature is 'the vanishing act'?
Posted: 12/4/2006 3:53:46 PM
I love the ones who do the smooth talk and say all the crap you KNOW they know we want to hear, then get on a webcam for a week straight for hours and hours at a time just TALKING... yes TALKING...

then BAM one day it's "get naked" and when you say no their internet connection suddenly DROPS. But gee, they are on the site 4 or 5 times that very same day but their internet is out so they can't talk with you? Give me a break. I've had this vanishing act happen 3x in 3 months now and I am getting SOOOOOO sick of it! The last one was the webcam jerk, you know, the one who just can't WAIT to meet you and spend time with you but the car broke down and he doesn't want you to drive that far in case yours does too?! Yeah, that guy LOL The other 2 weren't nearly as obvious, they just had a dog that was priority over a promise made to meet... for 2 weeks... and then the one who I honestly am still wondering what happened to LOL I know he's still alive, he's on the site regularly. Gotta love it!

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII

til death do us part...
Posted: 12/4/2006 12:01:08 AM
Good question. Prolly never because idealy we'd like to think that but those of us in the real world, we know better. Sad isn't it?

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII

There's got to be a more gracious way...
Posted: 12/3/2006 11:08:46 PM
that's why that is my headline LOL I am SO sick of the game players! Oh well. Welcome to dateing LOL

Good luck Bluewave :)

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII

There's got to be a more gracious way...
Posted: 12/3/2006 10:17:00 PM
Welcome to dateing. I've had my share of crazy stuff happen too. Been out of the loop a while. My daughter laughs at me whenever I tell her the latest nonsense some jerk pulled when it all seemed SO good! I tell you what, it's been interesting! LOL Her reply is what I opened with "Welcome to dateing mom!" Rat LOL

It's always possible something came up for her but the "am I normal person" question kind of threw me too. Who's to say who is anyway? People are just strange I guess.

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII

Does it freak you out when someone is to anxious to meet?
Posted: 12/3/2006 9:22:37 PM
that's why webcams are great Altho some jump straight into wanting to get naked and stuff which makes me leery of them even for a bit (leery of webcams, the cyber freaks I make it clear right off the bat that's NOT going to happen... if they listen which some do not LOL) but I honestly don't even go outside of PoF unless I feel comfortable with someone. Sometimes it's just a couple emails, sometimes more. Depends on the situation. I WON'T run out and meet someone in person real fast, that's just plain dangerous for a woman these day's, especially one who isn't physically able to defend herself well such as myself. If I miss out on something because of that, so be it. If a person can't respect some boundries on here, what will they do in real life? Hmmm...

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII
Msg: 37 (view)

Dating a woman who has been abused in the past
Posted: 12/3/2006 7:22:36 PM
You know, if this wasn't such a serious topic, some of the mud slinging would be funny. Any labels that stereotype anyone for anything is ignorant, but to argue a point that isn't even valid is truly sad. Yes I was in an abusive marriage. Gee, I must hide from the world until I die I guess! Get real. I'm mentally healthier than a lot of people I know, just physically I am a mess. Oh well! I may not be able to outrun you but I'm not even going to get into the chase so who cares LOL

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII
Msg: 8 (view)

A Dating Challenge.....
Posted: 12/3/2006 12:25:41 PM
knowing what fun can be had in a well lit one...

Not enough challange there

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII

THE DIRTY OLD MAN GETS ARRESTED ! Im not so nice
Posted: 11/29/2006 3:59:00 PM
HOLY *cencored*! Glad your ok! I have goosebumps from reading this. OMG...

and yes I read the first post too..

Glad your safe!

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII

Internet Dating? Does it work? or is it all a crock of s**t?
Posted: 11/25/2006 1:29:43 PM

I have come to the conclusion that the good guys are either dead, gay or broke.

LOL TOOOOOO true! But I keep hopeing that I'll find that needle in the haystack. One day. Maybe. LOL

Keep your chin up OP and watch your back. there's a LARGE population of con artists and scammers on these sites but there are a few genuine people. Just need to hunt for them. Tedious but can be rather entertaining at what some people will say to try to get attention

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII
Msg: 48 (view)

Met a nice guy who has bad teeth...
Posted: 11/25/2006 1:11:41 PM

Think of it this way; HE has to know his teeth are bad, yet chooses to do nothing about it.
YOU know his teeth are bad and that he has chosen not to do anything about it. Imagine kissing him! Don't settle for sub-standard grooming habits.

NOT necessarily. Some people simply can't afford to get their teeth fixed. Mine were all messed up due to an abusive relationship (yeah, that's another thread LOL), was NOT my choice to have my teeth shattered beyond repair, nor was it my choice to be hospitalised so much and so long after I had my teeth removed that the dentist refused to fix the dentures he made me which were all wrong. Insurance won't do a thing either. Come March I believe it is I can get a new set but I certainly don't have the $500+ to get them on my own!

Don't be so quick to judge people. Yes it could be drugs, could be a ton of things and yeah, kissing a guy with horrid breath isn't my cup of tea either. Big Red or Dentyne help some

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII

The creepiest date ever!
Posted: 11/24/2006 3:49:40 PM

Norman Bates! His mother is in the attic. Don't go up there!!!!!

My first thought exactly! =))

I thought the guy with urns with his dead animals was scarey...

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII

How much should I put up with.....?
Posted: 11/23/2006 7:23:27 PM
Personally I'm a firm believer in 2nd chances. After a while tho, when it get's to be a habit on the other persons part, I have to throw in the towel, as I did today when this guys stood not only me up but my entire FAMILY. We had our Thanksgiving dinner later to accommodate HIM and he doesn't even bother to CALL. He's stood me up for the last time (5+ times before, stopped counting) Sometimes things DO happen. "Sometimes" being the key word. After a while when the excuses start to border on ridiculous and your family starts making bets on if alien abduction will be the next excuse, it's time to give up

Hope that helps. GL and take care.

Snowwolf
 SnowwolfII

a What if? scenario
Posted: 11/21/2006 4:29:44 PM
"the women will drain all the men on earth of sperm, build a space ship big enough for all the men and preprogram the ship to fly straight into the sun.."

Sadly for the women, we as men will get lost along the way, and since we wont ask for directions we'll end up crashing back into earth at light speed, thus ensuring an "end of species event".

then women can proclaim all men are idiots...and be right..lol.

I LOVE IT!

Snowwolf

Show ALL Forums