Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Does online dating make you cynical?
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 107 (view)

Does online dating make you cynical?
Posted: 7/30/2010 6:23:21 PM
JD your honesty is killing me, but hey, at least I respect your honesty
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 105 (view)

Posted: 7/28/2010 9:48:01 PM
Hey, the last I read you were a home nudist, so when did you downgrade to boxers anyway?
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 100 (view)

Posted: 7/7/2010 7:28:52 PM
Hey my GF who I met here and I - we have passed the 3 month mark and are still going strong! That's why I don't post here much. RL is taking a lot more of my interest and time.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 67 (view)

Should we stop people from doing drugs?
Posted: 6/8/2010 9:05:38 AM
The sad thing though is the emotional trauma of going through with an abortion is much greater than any emotional loss by giving a child up for adoption. If the emotional loss is that great, then why not just do the best thing and be a great parent? Win win.

But whatever.

As far as fertalized eggs are concerned, if you are trying to back pro-lifers into a corner, all you are doing with that is making things even worse for pro-choicers and those who have fertility problems, because the logical thing do then is stop all lab zygote procedures. I don't personally have any problem with that, if you push that hard for it. Maybe you should drop it while you're ahead.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 9 (view)

Another obama supporter speaks her mind........
Posted: 6/8/2010 8:53:21 AM
GC you forgot going to the comedy channel for news.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 66 (view)

Posted: 6/7/2010 10:40:39 PM
The fertalized eggs are not in a life sustaining environment where they can grow in the first place and the whole purpose of doing it is to place them in a life sustaining environment where they can grow, not remove them from one.

If you look at the growth rate of a fetus, it's just not worth it to try to decide when life begins or what window is ok to stop it's growth. Anything that grows is alive as far as I'm concerned.

As far as farming things goes, a still born calf is a $1,000 loss. Even ranchers know the value of a fetus long before a calf is born.

All of that being said, since abortion is such a hot topic and I believe what I believe but know that plenty believe the other way, I'd rather spend my energy giving those who are in a position where they need to make a choice, the best choice, which is adoption. If they don't make the best choice, that's between them and God. I did my part.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 5 (view)

Another obama supporter speaks her mind........
Posted: 6/7/2010 10:24:46 PM
Match, you're right to say that they support terroists. I just saw this article that was posted by a HS friend on FB.

http://www.debka.com/article/8841/

Israel is not going to let Obama intimidate them. Obama is a fool if he thinks Israel doesn't matter. He could very easily trigger WWIII if he doesn't wise up.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 63 (view)

Posted: 6/7/2010 8:57:51 AM
Hey pro choicers, save a whale and kill an innocent child and tell us who is more rational.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 26 (view)

Posted: 5/20/2010 11:26:14 PM
MS I personally believe most of that would change once drugs are legalized. I'm personally quite sick of drug users being demonized when in fact many of them are simply trying to deal with trauma and emotional pain.

I had a young girl come by today from Teen Challenge, a Christian non profit that helps teens get off of drugs for free. She was asking for a donation. When I told her that I was tired of drug users being demonized and why, she totally agreed. She was abandoned as a child. That's traumatic and hard for any youngster to handle. Unfortunately she used Meth, but Teen Challenge reached her. I'm sure glad they did before the "law" got to her.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 5/18/2010 10:13:14 PM
Taxes on drugs once they are legalized can and should be spent to help drug users who want to stop using drugs get clean and stay that way so there won't be any burden on general taxes.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 5/18/2010 1:41:05 PM
Match, I didn't say "no .gov" I said "less .gov".I purposely didn't put ca.gov or us.gov. I'm fine with your explanation of the difference between us.gov and states.gov in terms of moral laws and I don't like the us.gov overstepping at all. But, back to the topic, I really don't think states.gov or the us.gov should be allowed make any moral or fiscal laws that violate my us.gov right to pursue happiness unless it directly keeps another usa.citizen from pursuing theirs. That is what I call civil.

The good vs. evil that society believes rightfully exists between law enforcement and drug users is what needs to change. The only way to change that is by changing the law. Once that's done, drug users will get the respect they deserve as people who are dealing with life's problems the best way they know how. Sure, there might be a "better" way, but they have the right to pursue happiness however they see fit. If they decide drugs are more harmful than good and want help, then help. Otherwise, leave them alone as long as they don't violate any other law.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 13 (view)

Posted: 5/18/2010 8:34:50 AM
You know what? I agree with you Match that everyone needs to be consistent but both parties are completely inconsitent IMO, which is why I align myself somewhere in the middle. Here's how they are both inconsistent.

Conservatives want less .gov fiscally and more .gov morally
Liberals want more .gov fiscally and less .gov morally

The reason the libs want to control our diet is all about the money.

I believe in less .gov both fiscally and morally.

I believe the pursuit of happiness should trump nearly everything else if not everything else.

I agree that drugs should be legalized, not because I agree with the left on their whole agenda, but because it's consistent with less .gov and the right to pursue.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 9 (view)

but I just couldn't help myself....honest
Posted: 4/30/2010 7:39:31 AM
Adultery is what it is called and it is just as wrong as any other major sin that can hurt someone else very deeply for life.

If you can handle it, listen to this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCyfbE3faPE
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 5 (view)

does BSA merit this badge of distinction?
Posted: 4/30/2010 7:29:42 AM
It sounds to me like they are dealing with the current reality that video games can be addictive in a prudent way.

I sure hope the laws against certain types of games gets shot down. I like Halo and my kids are the ones that introduced me to it.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 170 (view)

Cap and Trade and Global Warming
Posted: 4/29/2010 5:31:06 PM
Yeah, the attitude of "me and no more now that I'm here, cuz I'm Al Gore "
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 168 (view)

Posted: 4/29/2010 12:36:31 PM
Match, it's a beautiful coastal area. He's probably one of those that would move there then try to stop more building.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 166 (view)

Posted: 4/29/2010 7:54:58 AM
Hey, that's just right up the road from me, but I live in a mobile home with my parents
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 89 (view)

Posted: 4/28/2010 8:38:00 PM
Attachment to the extreme, but not always - way to general.
Aversion to poison is a good thing.
Indifference to stupidity - smart
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 87 (view)

Posted: 4/26/2010 11:07:49 PM

They are: attachment, aversion, and indifference. Each reaction creates distance, a sense of separation, and unless one catches it and makes a point to reconnect with present experience, alienation that leads to suffering.

Ace, could you rephrase that so it is clearer? Honestly, after reading it 3 times I really don't get it. Also, could you give some examples?

My take on markets, capitalism, supply and demand which I simply call free enterprise is there is a downside just like there is for free will. People make mistakes or become victims of those who simply choose to be evil. We need to be willing to help those who make mistakes or become victims and end up in such a deep hole they cannot get out of on their own. Take care of those who are thirsty, hungry and need clothes. Leave the rest of everyone else alone as much as possible. Freedom has no guarantees other than yes, it does take all that if you want to make more than enough to simply survive.

Home grown food isn't for everyone or even the majority of people any more than public nudity is. Good luck with that ideology, really BTW, personally, I am for both, but I know I'm in the minority and have no delusions of grandeur about changing that.

I simply find it best to be willing to try to understand an opposing point of view. That doesn't mean you have to agree, it means you respect someone elses right to decide what to believe without being threatened by it and you are sincerely interested in trying to understand what they have to say. I may not always get that right, but at least I understand the concept
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 79 (view)

Posted: 4/26/2010 8:14:06 AM
The steel is cheaper right now elsewhere mainly because the last mills were built inland during WWII to keep them safer from attack. The main reason oil costs so much here is because of the eco nazis.

Anyway all of that is really way off topic. It's just hard not to comment on such a lively topic whenever it does come up My GF and I just don't let anything like that become a deal breaker.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 73 (view)

Posted: 4/25/2010 11:00:52 PM

Actually, GG. If we're going to prevent either the armageddon that the conservatives fear or the ecological melt-down that the liberals fear, or both, we're all going to have to do a lot less talking and a lot more listening.

You can bust my chops all you want to as long as you're willing to learn how to grow some kind of food and teach others around you to do so as well. Near as I can tell, that is the one thing we can all do right now that will significantly reduce our dependency on foreign oil, reduce damage to the environment, and increase our resilience in the face of any kind of political instability.

GC, correct me if I'm wrong about any of that.

Ace, just how does growing food reduce dependence on foriegn oil? As near as I can tell, growing food requires land. My GF lives in an upstairs condo.

Also, how does drilling, mining and building modern refineries for oil and building modern steel mills near ports sound to you? Those two things alone, oil and steel, have been a huge part of the undoing of the USA once they were outsourced.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 64 (view)

Posted: 4/23/2010 1:35:43 PM
All I know Ace is since she does lean more your direction both politically and religiously, this is proof that I'm not a hater of those who disagree with me as I have been accused of, but our discourses on the forums have helped soften my attitude too, so thanks. That doesn't mean I have gone over to the dark side though, just so you know How's that for talking out of both sides of my mouth and busting your chops?
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 62 (view)

Posted: 4/23/2010 7:44:17 AM
Ace, I guess I missed the busting my chops part, but now that you mention it that's kewl. I hope tooting my own horn there wasn't too over the top, but if it was it's because I am under the influence :)

The Muse concert was fun. I really enjoyed the energy. While I wouldn't say I'm hooked on Muse, I do enjoy them. She is more in tune with today's rock music, which I'm really happy about because I haven't been keeping up with it, but I also introduced her to Brad Paisley. She was impressed. You should have seen her laugh when he sang "I love her...

...but I like to fish".
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 59 (view)

Posted: 4/22/2010 11:09:55 PM
Ace, I decided what I wanted BEFORE I was under the influence and amazingly enough I found what I wanted and more in one person who is by no means anymore perfect than I am, but she is very real and down to earth.

Just talking body:

I wanted red or brown hair. She's naturally brunette, but has a real kewl color of red going right now.

I decided the ideal height for me was 5'7" - she is 5'7".

I wanted fairly thin - she is still fairly thin.

I wanted nice legs - she has extremely nice legs all right, along with real nice feet.

I didn't want flat - she is not even close to flat.

I wanted a beautiful face - she is gorgeous.

Personality wise via Myers-Briggs we are a perfect match.

None of that has to do with being under the influence, but it certainly helped put me under the influence.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 53 (view)

Posted: 4/22/2010 7:39:15 AM
Speaking of evolution, what I want has been evolving, partly because Betty Crocker doesn't live any more, partly because I'm older and I want someone my age and the pool of atractive women my age is significantly smaller than when I was 20 and partly because even though stiletto women are attractive, I prefer more natural beauty inside and out now.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 43 (view)

Posted: 4/21/2010 8:04:52 AM
What's really kewl is she had just signed when I contacted her along with a bunch of others and was starting to get cynical myself.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 40 (view)

Posted: 4/16/2010 10:41:35 PM
This weekend we meet at her place and plan to take a drive to Antelope Valley to look at spring flowers among other things. We're both already very much in love and we're both in it for the long term as long as it keeps going in this direction of course.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 68 (view)

Cali to vote on legalizing and taxing marijuana in November
Posted: 4/13/2010 7:57:30 AM
I'm personally for legalizing all drugs, but heavily regulating certain drugs. Don't make them so expensive a new black market develops and focus on the root of the problem, not the symptom in dealing with addiction.

If you want less .gov you need to be consistent IMnot so humbleO. Individual rights above the rights of society.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 65 (view)

Posted: 4/12/2010 11:47:03 PM
Hey, don't bogart
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 37 (view)

Posted: 4/12/2010 7:30:58 PM
I don't even own a turtleneck, but guess what? Annoyance is like spice.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 64 (view)

Posted: 4/12/2010 5:16:25 PM
Jack the question of how far is too far is a good one. I know meth is extremely insidious, but really nearly all drug use can more than likely be traced back to originally deal with emotional pain and trauma, so putting most drug users and alcoholics in jail is kicking them when they are down and blaming the victim.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 35 (view)

Posted: 4/12/2010 5:10:20 PM
Ok, the butterflies were there for both of us during the first meeting and spending time together this weekend we both were a bit flustered at times, but we also felt extremely comfortable together and both enjoyed ourselves immensely.

The rest is in the don't kiss and tell dept., so don't even bother to ask, ok? That doesn't mean yes or no. It means none of your business

Oh and welcome back Jack!
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 63 (view)

Posted: 4/12/2010 7:36:05 AM
I just look at the fact that our prisons are over crowded and are a huge financial burden and so is all of the time, energy, resourses and money spent on the drug war. Just from an economical POV it makes sense to legalize Pot.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 33 (view)

Posted: 4/12/2010 7:15:23 AM
Hey Paul, Mz and Ace, than you all for your input, advice & support.

Ace, you might be shocked but she's politically close to where you are. Thanks to you and others I have softened up enough to be able to move more to the middle enough to where that doesn't seem to be a problem for either of us.

Anyway we're already planning this next weekend.

(:->}
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 30 (view)

Posted: 4/9/2010 7:12:54 AM
Mz, even being in a good relationship is a crapshoot. We're going on our 3rd date this weekend to see Muse in LV. I'm trying not to allow myself to go too fast, but I know I could easily be in over my head. I may just throw caution to the wind because she very easily could be the "one".
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 53 (view)

Posted: 4/8/2010 10:10:55 PM
Ace, by what authority do you make your moral judgments? Who says children have rights?

What about my reference to a liars and cheaters organization? Should they have rights too?
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 50 (view)

Posted: 4/8/2010 7:44:26 AM
Blues, you know what? If you want to bring up the Golden Rule then why can't you accept those of us who believe Jesus because of the Bible?

As far as the seperation of church and state is concerned, the reason for it is important to understand. It wasn't to keep Christians out of .gov.It was to keep any particular Church from being the Official Church. Most of our laws are based on Christian and Victorian ethics and have been from the beginning. The Declaration of Independence clearly acknowledges God.

This attack on the Christian religion in particular is an attack on the core values that our nation was founded on.

I have bent over backwards in saying that I believe there should be gay marriages with the same entitlements as marriage as long as they are not called marriage. If that isn't good enough, oh well. That's just as far as I can go as a Christian.

How would you all feel if someone decided to start a liars and cheaters movement? How about NAMBLA? How far are you people willing to go?
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 49 (view)

Posted: 4/7/2010 11:01:23 PM
Skoochie there is a big dif between the Church - whatever version you want it to refer to and basic Biblical morals and ethics.

This thread is about legalizing Pot, which I thoroughly support mainly because it isn't a subject dealt with by Jesus in particular and might be included in an OT passage, but we are not bound by the OT so I have zero problem with it being lagalized.

The gay marriage thing is quite different. Jesus talked about marriage being between a man and woman.

I brought this stuff up not to say that we should legislate Biblical morality, but to explain why a Nation that still claims to be a Christian majority would resist voting for gay marriage more than legalizing pot.

As I stated above, even with that being the case, to be as fair as possible and to stay true to my belief in less .gov across the board both economically and morally, civil unions or gay marriages with the same legal entitlements as marriages should be allowed, but the name shouldn't be the same because they are not the same thing. That is being as truthful and fair as I know how to be.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 48 (view)

Posted: 4/7/2010 10:30:47 PM
Skoochie, as far as sins go, gay isn't the only one, but hey, don't force me preach to ya, sheesh.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 47 (view)

Posted: 4/6/2010 6:54:48 PM
Well all I can say is God does have patience and mercy, but San Francisco and Northridge have been hit hard in the past during their hay day. AIDS is real. I don't claim to know for certain that those are the reasons behind those things, but it does make me wonder.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 46 (view)

Posted: 4/5/2010 7:39:11 AM
Blues, it's not about who is more powerful and has a better campain. It's about what is clearly written as a no doubter in both the OT and NT that makes it difficult for a nation that at least still claims to be a majority of Christians to change their mind on gay marriage. Even as liberal as CA is, we weren't swayed. Sodom and Gomorrah is a pretty powerful, convincing story. No one wants this State or Nation destroyed.

"It is Written" was the method Jesus Himself used in dealing with Satan.

I'm not saying that's completely fair, but it is reality at this point. In order to be as fair as possible, I personally believe civil unions or civil marriage with the same exact entitelments as marriage should be allowed, but there should always be a distinction because they are not the same, period.

There is very little to nothing written in the OT and nothing written in the NT about drugs period, so Pot has a better chance of passing IMO.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 42 (view)

Posted: 4/3/2010 7:50:22 AM
If people could just get their minds off of society and onto individual rights and freedom we would get where we are supposed to be.

The USA isn't about society or socialism, it's about freedom to fail while trying to succeed.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 39 (view)

Posted: 4/2/2010 1:25:55 PM
Hey Matchlight, you know what? I like whiskey now and then too. I have it on the rocks. As long as I drink some water with it I do fine. As far as beer goes, I'm bud man.
 gogetter1956
Msg: 211 (view)

rich man poor man and how they treat you
Posted: 4/1/2010 9:30:26 PM
Anyone that looks at my profile will see that I am smack dab in the middle of thin. The reason I put that in there is because it is the perfect filter. Besides, it's true, for the time being.

One of the main reasons I am divorced is because my ex told me she was leaving me after 25 years marriage (with financial ups and downs) until I got my financial act together. Marriage is supposed to be through thick and thin.

The Bible doesn't say money is the root of all evil as many seem to believe it does. It's the love of money that is the root of all evil.

As has been mentioned over and over here, not everyone that has a lot of money loves money. They are just well rewarded for their efforts and skill. Others get their money at the expense of others, which is also known as walking on them. Others live on old money from their parents and generally don't have the same respect for money or people that they would had they earned it on their own.

I've been around a lot of people with money because I have worked on a lot of high end custom homes. Most of them have been great to work for. The ones that weren't are the ones I call sophmoric, the ones in the $150K to $250K a year bracket. Not all sophmoric's have been bad to work for, but some of them became my worst nightmare and are the main reason I am in thin right now.
 gogetter1956
Msg: 37 (view)

Posted: 4/1/2010 8:03:14 PM
Match, we can all grow vegetables in a garden that we don't pay taxes on, but when we go to a restaurant we pay taxes. There are people that have home breweries and make their own wine. Not everyone knows how to or has the desire to grow the high grade pot that is available today.

When I did smoke pot as a teenager, I liked it a whole lot more than alcohol because I had a lot more self control and awareness and there were no hangovers.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 33 (view)

Posted: 3/31/2010 7:35:36 AM
That's a complete misuse of the law. Agenda driven law is just as bad as agenda driven science and medicine. You can get a scientist or doctor to support just about any cause. We know that's true for lawyers which is where judges come from.

The biggest lie: The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
The biggest truth: Whatever you can get away with.

Sad all that.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 140 (view)

UN EFFING BELIEVABLE, now you can't even state if you prefer a certain religion.............
Posted: 3/30/2010 10:11:19 PM
Maybe we should be allowed to vote on something as big as the healthcare bill.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 29 (view)

Posted: 3/29/2010 8:25:38 PM
There is no reason to change the no drug policies for work with the random drug testing and etc., other than adjusting to allow for use on off hours with plenty of time to sober up for work the next shift.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 28 (view)

Posted: 3/29/2010 7:08:01 PM
It's funny how anyone would try to use the military as an example or reason for their position. First of all it is already well known that the military is full of drug users and abusers while they are illegal. That won't change much when pot is legalized, but if it does become a problem bigger than what we currently have, simply make drug use in the military illegal. DUH.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 132 (view)

UN EFFING BELIEVABLE, now you can't even state if you prefer a certain religion.............
Posted: 3/29/2010 6:59:52 PM
Imagine if I could sue all of the women here that refuse to accept an email from me because I am too far away, too old or whatever.

Show ALL Forums