Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Red flag for a woman ?
 twotru
Msg: 10 (view)

Red flag for a woman ?
Posted: 3/9/2012 2:37:48 PM
Social or Activities Director? Like on a cruise ship? Like the gal in the snazzy nautical outfit on the Love Boat back in the '70s??

I never date guys in bands or any interest in being in a band. I dislike jean jackets, mullets, feathered '80s style "rocker guy" hair, excessive talk about "the band, man, the band, we gotta get together the band" and/or any sort of weird fascination with classic rock. No El Caminos either.
 twotru
Msg: 16 (view)

Asking GUYS only
Posted: 3/4/2012 8:28:10 PM
Actually I was serious. I ride English, I like to go fast, jump things and am a freak about turnout (I also get paid to braid at big shows) and workmanlike behavior. My western pals have told me that halters under bridles make ya look like a goat roper. I also have done some clinics with a really good western hand who always uses either a mecate with a snaffle or bosal or if in the bridle, a get down rope. Functional and easy on the eyes ;)
 twotru
Msg: 14 (view)

Asking GUYS only
Posted: 3/4/2012 8:06:21 PM
Because you have a halter on under your bridle. Get a mecate. Or, if that is an actual bridle horse a get down rope.
 twotru
Msg: 1695 (view)

can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 3/4/2012 7:57:40 PM
Yeah no dating stoners for me. My friends who do, well, they do what they do. Dating or being in a relationship? NO WAY.

Pot is #1 in their lives. That's how they roll *shrug* I want to date guys who like me and want to spend time with me over their weed. I have yet to meet a regular pot smoker who would pick anything (job, girlfriend, family, whatever) over weed.
 twotru
Msg: 12 (view)

Female mind games
Posted: 3/4/2012 1:34:05 PM
That's not mind games that is plain old simple ditching. As in "doesn't want to hang out near you and this is the easiest way to get rid of you" ditching.
 twotru
Msg: 3 (view)

Buying her a drink
Posted: 3/4/2012 12:46:03 PM
I HATE when some guy I have never met tries to buy me a drink. I always say no. Uncomfortable and creates a sense of obligation. I don't care how fine the man is, he goes to Creeper Zone.

Now, if I end up chatting with a nice guy who I am getting along with then that is fine, go on and buy me a drink. Also, same scenario and the guy asks about my awesome choice in beer I probably would buy him a pint of Mirror Pond so he can try it too ;)
 twotru
Msg: 5 (view)

Significant other
Posted: 3/4/2012 12:40:05 PM
I love reading these forums! I am on here and single but right now I am not looking to date anyone (too busy, work and horse show season is kicking in) but I read here almost daily!

I wouldn't care if my SO (if I had one) was on here reading, I would be too LOL!!
 twotru
Msg: 16 (view)

Dating and finances.
Posted: 3/1/2012 8:39:04 AM
I think you should date, why not? From what you wrote you have a job and pay your bills, so what if your not hitting up the local $40 a plate place? If you are as honest and matter of fact as you seem, OP, I bet you meet a nice gal and go do lots of things that are fun but not necessarily mucho bucks, KWIM? Besides, income can fluctuate, are you going to be in that income bracket forever? Probably not!

The only time money is an issue, at least in my opinion, is when a guy is either unemployed for a poor reason (think likes to sit home in his parents basement smoking pot and playing video games) or is one of those that like to mooch off of people.
 twotru
Msg: 2 (view)

Profession turn on/offs
Posted: 2/26/2012 8:31:25 PM
Restaurant business is an automatic turnoff for me. I almost went out with the most handsome man...until he told me he was a restaurant manager.

I used to do that and no way am I ever going to date anyone in that business LOL!!
 twotru
Msg: 126 (view)

wtf????
Posted: 2/25/2012 6:09:41 PM
RT---"Post #122 exhibits the typical gold digging, high maintenance mentality shown by many POF women in their profile text and forum posts.

I'm financially stable because I don't waste big bucks on dates. My income is gainful because I don't waste big bucks on dates. When women say they want someone financially stable, gainfully employed, smart with money, etc, they mean just the opposite: they want a fool who lives paycheck to paycheck from spending all his money on her (or doing expensive things with her if she's rich and willing to pay her way).

The post also has the word "career", another sure sign of high maintenance. I hit the back button on any profile that says the man must have a career.

Good posts, Mainely!"

I learned quite a bit from my Depression era grandparents, one how to handle money and two, specifically from my grandpa, never date or have anything to do with a stingy or ungenerous man. Not to be confused with expecting someone to pay your way for certain!

I make plenty of money to afford my lifestyle, savings and spending money. I have a career I love. I certainly don't need a man to pay my way, after all, I pay my own way every single day :) You can't call me a gold digger because then you would be a liar. Are you a liar as well as an ungenerous sort, RT?

I never expect an $80 dinner but the guy who asks me out for coffee and acts stingy about buying me a cup when he did the asking? Buh-bye! It's a good look into the heart or nature of the guy and no one wants a stingy cold hearted jerk anyway. Unless you're desperate which I am not.
 twotru
Msg: 109 (view)

wtf????
Posted: 2/25/2012 1:15:31 PM

Oh my oh wow LOL!!!
 twotru
Msg: 105 (view)

wtf????
Posted: 2/25/2012 11:44:50 AM
I think I'm going to go to Walmart and get one of those turkey/bacon/avocado subs and check out the guys in the sporting goods and garden/outdoor departments.
 twotru
Msg: 19 (view)

How to figure out the truth before going on a meet?
Posted: 2/25/2012 11:42:37 AM
I can't figure that out either. Only thing I can come up with is it's someone looking to get laid and then duck out?

Well, I suppose there are people who have tried to do the whole relationship thing with a hidden wife and kids. Yikes!
 twotru
Msg: 34 (view)

Blocked but non-deterred
Posted: 2/25/2012 11:27:29 AM
You mean hateful uncalled for names like "porky princess" and "white trash" like you did on the other thread? I agree, it was extremely rude of you, Mainly.

I would strongly recommend doing a post search on you before attempting to discuss anything with you Mainly. You seem to be very busy projecting your own negative emotional issues onto others today.
 twotru
Msg: 100 (view)

wtf????
Posted: 2/25/2012 11:02:21 AM
I stated my opinion drawn from reading your posts here very clearly and directly, most definitely not passive aggressive. Keep your mental and emotional projections to yourself, I don't dig that sort of crap. As far as men shelling out loads of money, well, my personal budget and financial state does not consider a dinner or lunch to be "shelling out loads of money". Considering your very first post here showed a sensitivity to men who don't make very much money, then lunch or dinner may just be a financial burden. Really it boils down to personal preference as to who you may or may not date. Or, just because you have decided that the OP is a white trash free loader looking for a free meal does not mean you are correct. It merely means you have a very biased opinion. She may very well be a gal disappointed and hurt by a guy (who quite honestly sounds a lot like you in my opinion LOL!!) who was rude and insulting in a condescending way.

Your inability to respond without name calling and derogatory phrases (porky princess and white trash) is what allowed me to draw my earlier and correct conclusion that you are not someone I would ever want to be around.

I couldn't ever manage to be angry over a forum post *shrug* However, I am totally capable of laughing at a guy who can not seem to capitalize the first letter of sentences suddenly becoming somewhat grammatically correct in a high school manner and jumping on his "logimical" soapbox and trying to imply that anyone who disagrees with his over emotional whiny posts is just so in the wrong LOL!! <---that was an insult :)

Oh eleventy!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 twotru
Msg: 97 (view)

wtf????
Posted: 2/25/2012 10:33:54 AM
In Yelm, WA you can shoot rats in the alley behind Walmart.

You have made your point Mainely that you prefer cheap dates who will do anything anywhere for free and must have absolutely no expectations of you being the sort of man to have any sort of stable financial goals or career. I hope you find exactly what you are looking for :)
 twotru
Msg: 94 (view)

wtf????
Posted: 2/25/2012 9:57:38 AM
Ahahahaha!!!!!!!! True dat, Astro LOL!!!

Definitely people have shown their true colors. Women so crazily angry or bitter they nitpick apart and condemn the OP or call her "welfare single mom with minimum wage factory jobs". The guy who would rather pay hookers than worry about not getting laid if he buys someone a Slurpee, wonder what he would expect for a large pizza and caesar salad, sheeesh!
 twotru
Msg: 104 (view)

how many shoes girls?
Posted: 2/24/2012 7:46:21 PM
Go to Nordstroms and ask :)
 twotru
Msg: 10 (view)

wtf????
Posted: 2/24/2012 7:28:21 AM
I do not think she was wrong to hope for a man who would pay for a date. An ability to be generous is a good thing and most men seem to think just buying someone a sandwhich entitles them to all night sex.

I don't want to hear the sob stories of men being taken advantage of, this is not the point and take your whining elsewhere. This is merely talking about a man being able to show generosity in his nature or personality by buying his date a meal or an ice cream cone or whatever.

I would not date a man who asked me on a date and expected me to pay. I would also want to take that man out sometime and pay/fix him an uber nice meal (a lot of single guys never have home cooked meals but to start off from the get go being stingy and counting pennies is a clear indication of the road ahead. Stay clear!
 twotru
Msg: 7 (view)

wtf????
Posted: 2/24/2012 7:20:47 AM
I don't think she has to offer any options, she is not providing customer service for the guy LOL!!

He made a big mistake, I'd kick him to the curb too. He suggested Walmart because she didn't have enough money for something pricier? Rude, clueless at best.

She was honest and upfront that she makes a small paycheck.

While one should never, ever expect anyone else to pick up the tab (with the exception of the one doing the asking for a date!), a cheap man is a cheap man and as The Most Interesting Man in the World (Dos Equis ad I love) says "you pay for what you get". The guy is a dink and she is better off not speaking with him again.

Next time why not Baskin & Robbins (ice cream shop) or similar? Or 20 cent hotwing night at the local sports bar?? I hope you meet a good fun man next time OP!
 twotru
Msg: 103 (view)

how many shoes girls?
Posted: 2/24/2012 6:49:23 AM
Well, I went ahead and got the cherry wedges :) And these super cute ones too!!

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/born-zee-wedge-sandal/3288535?origin=category&resultback=3412

Now I am forcing myself to wait to get the others.
 twotru
Msg: 18 (view)

Do men prefer women who are typically feminine?
Posted: 2/23/2012 7:09:30 PM
Huh. I'm a complete tomboy but I also wear heels on weekends and get my nails done. I wear some makeup. I get hit on and looked at when dressed up, in barn clothes, at Walmart in a Frank Gore jersey (by a Dallas fan no less), it doesn't seem to matter.

Besides, the cat and the horses like the nails for neck and back scratches.
 twotru
Msg: 96 (view)

how many shoes girls?
Posted: 2/23/2012 2:44:19 PM
Consig--seriously are you that desperate that you equate a wedge sandal with a cherry print as provocative? Man, creepy little guy alert blech!

Cooldog, I am hitting the mall in T-Town :) I live in Yelm and lemme tell ya, Oly is wayyyyy too crunchy for me to shop in. I'm actually from Gig Harbor so I stop on my way to the Harbor usually.

Unclezeus is another one that ranks high on the creeper list LOL!!!
 twotru
Msg: 94 (view)

how many shoes girls?
Posted: 2/23/2012 8:24:09 AM
Nordstrom has those cute wedge cherry sandals on sale right now :)

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bp-bowtye-sandal/3145276?origin=category&resultback=1280

I'm getting these in white though-->

http://www.ninewest.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-ninewest-Site/default/Search-Advanced?SearchSource=Advanced+Search&q=luvme&cgid=&pmin=&pmax=&prefn1=variantSize&prefv1=&prefn2=variantWidth&prefv2=&prefn3=variantColorValue&prefv3=
 twotru
Msg: 71 (view)

how many shoes girls?
Posted: 2/20/2012 8:21:22 PM
Some of us work overtime in our jobs, get bonuses also because we excel at our jobs and also work horse show season as a braider (that's the well paid but oddly houred midnight to 6 am timeframe) and pay cash for our shoes.
 twotru

Complaint at work.
Posted: 2/19/2012 2:37:41 PM
Watch yourself at work. You learned the hard way. Never initiate a solo outing, I always do things in a group with my work pals. Now, my close work friends, heck yeah, we text often and go watch a ball game or grab a beer.

Next time, plan a work group outing. Baseball season is coming up, so next time you develop a crush, invite that girl to be part of the group for a game and some wings. Keep any personal talk AWAY from the office.

I think there is more to this story also, something either happened with this particular female or there are inner office politics going on. Behave yourself :)
 twotru
Msg: 50 (view)

how many shoes girls?
Posted: 2/19/2012 2:02:54 PM
Ohmuhgosh LOL!!!!!

I forgot about Ol' Imelda...definitely OG.
 twotru
Msg: 35 (view)

Emailing, Texting, or Calling
Posted: 2/19/2012 1:05:41 PM
Cooldog--"It's called text messaging for a reason, not text conversation. Stupid cell phone companies enabling this because some teens ran up enormous phone bills and they caved in. It certainly doesn't enhance communication, language, or spelling skills. Major "

Texting, or SMS (Short Message Service) is something that MILLIONS of cell phone customers use and want. The majority of cell phone customers have texting plans for their personal use. How do I know? I work for the biggest (and in my opinion best) wireless carrier there is ;)

So while y'all stand around denouncing texting, just remember back when telephones came out they were decried as impersonal and not as good as in person. Now we teach our phone reps how to convey the correct polite warm friendly tone over the phone LOL!

I text frequently. Mine are more the "Be there in 10" or "I'm heading out" or a quick response to an employee for whatever it is they need. I dislike the long "conversation" type texts but then I also dislike long phone conversations.

My texts are grammatically correct, my hTC Rezound is top of the line with hTC Sense and Swype for quick accurate messages. Some of my reps laugh at my correct texting but I'm 40 and don't like text speak *shrug*

When it comes to getting to know someone, for me it's in person. I HATE yakking on the ph0ne, emails that get too long and I zone out (I have a book selection to read if I want to spend an evening reading) and texting is for quick direction or info, IMO.

Oh, and yes, I can text and drive. I have voice to text and SYNC in my new cute little car, it's fabulous. I do want to find out if there is something in the Droid OS that will change the ringtone in my car though, it's old school cheap Samsung flip phone sounding LOL!!
 twotru

Hmm this is weird, I need some input please
Posted: 2/18/2012 5:10:46 PM
So you went out of your way to try and make fun of someone by intentionally hurting their feelings by suggesting things you ASSummed she would not do or like? Then you came out here to share with the rest of us.

Congratulations, I now know you are an asshat.
 twotru
Msg: 47 (view)

how many shoes girls?
Posted: 2/18/2012 10:04:36 AM
Field boots are for riding and jumping horses ;) And horses are a money pit hobby!
 twotru
Msg: 36 (view)

how many shoes girls?
Posted: 2/16/2012 7:44:44 PM
Something is worth what someone will pay for it. I enjoy living in this capitalist society so no I don't worry about others making a profit off their work.

I suppose Jimmy Choo can drink Cristal and not worry about La Maison Roederer laughing at him too. I bet he drinks Moet & Chandon though.
 twotru
Msg: 35 (view)

how many shoes girls?
Posted: 2/16/2012 7:02:18 PM
Sorry, I didn't do Wellie World (Wellington Equestrian Festival down by Palm Beach) this year. I'm only at west coast shows for 2012 :)

I still love my knock off bags. When I do retire out that way I'll get straightened out and get more real ones, okay?
 twotru
Msg: 33 (view)

how many shoes girls?
Posted: 2/16/2012 4:17:10 PM
I spend a lot on shoes and only buy quality. The field boots I have alone were $700+. BUT I work a lot so I do buy what some might consider unnecessary shoes because I have the spending money to do so. I like to be comfortable too :)

Now, I'll buy a knock off "designer" bag made in China for a few bucks in a heartbeat. I don't need the handbag to be comfy, just cute.
 twotru
Msg: 25 (view)

how many shoes girls?
Posted: 2/15/2012 8:46:01 PM
Let's see...
1 pair barn boots, 1 pair knee high "blizzard boots", cute red plaid wellies, Double H cowboy boots, Ariat paddock boots, Ariat field boots. 3 pairs Skechers sneakers, 1 pair plaid sneakers, 1 pair nice gym shoes, two pair icky outdoor sneakers. Short blue plaid wellies. 1 pair sensible black work shoes, 1 pair Ariat chocolate brown clogs. 1 pair small heel brown work clogs. 1 pair patent leather 3" sensible yet cute heels. 1 pair 3" burgundy heels. 8 darling pairs of various flipflops. 1 pair brown 5" heeled boots. 1 pair black stiletto boots. 1 pair satin stiletto with bows. 1 pair charcoal black shiny 5" platforms. 1 pair red patent leather peep toe 5" platforms. 1 pair snakeskin sequined 5" platform Enzos. 1 pair fabulous striped 5" wedge heels.

Obviously I need some wedge sandals for the Mini Prix at the Evergreen Classic and some Sperry topsiders for boating.
 twotru
Msg: 14 (view)

Would you walk the Plank ?
Posted: 2/15/2012 8:32:04 PM
Nope. That thar is mens work ;)
 twotru

What do you think?
Posted: 2/4/2012 6:50:16 PM
I didn't read your whole post because it looked like a big lump of words.

I did notice that you were given advice to use paragraphs and declined the advice since it was just a forum.

My now formed opinion of you is that you refuse to do things that others might like even to the extent that you stubbornly refuse to write in a manner that would benefit you by getting a date.

So, your being single is by your own making I bet :)
 twotru
Msg: 6 (view)

Ladies: Kid Pix or No Kid Pix?
Posted: 2/4/2012 11:36:13 AM
I always get the "weekend Disneyland dad" vibe from the kid pics.

And I take a pass. No thanks!
 twotru
Msg: 9 (view)

Do you like tattoos on a guy and why?
Posted: 1/28/2012 9:55:56 AM
Blech. I dislike tattoos.

One of my employees is a gal who is now in her late 40s, tanned a lot and covered in washed out color that has now wrinkle-stretched all over.
 twotru
Msg: 15 (view)

Cell Phone Provider
Posted: 1/22/2012 7:52:21 PM
Weird. I work for Verizon and I don't give a darn what cell company people use.

Of course, AT&T has sub par cell service *sniff*

twotru

Is confidence really the deal breaker?
Posted: 1/18/2012 4:29:54 PM
Confidence can win over handsome.

In all honesty though if you smelled bad, had long nose hair and a boil over your left eye no amount of confidence will cover it. In fact, if you came up to me all **** like that I might take a swing at ya LOL!!!
 twotru
Msg: 168 (view)

I had 3 drinks, she had 7
Posted: 1/15/2012 10:29:10 PM
I'm short and kinda thick and a 49ers fan :)

I actually have no reason to post except my over excitement of repeating the win over the Giants next weekend :) And, the under the breath burp is way funny LOL!!

Too bad this all happened two years ago LOL!!
 twotru

what's the procedure here?
Posted: 1/15/2012 2:19:11 PM
Say hi, introduce yourself and be nice to the guy.

I hang out a lot with my guy friends, one in particular is 6'3" and scares the crap out of a lot of guys LOL!! Or so I hear later when they finally get the balls to approach. Then they find out he's my bud, funny and easy to hang out with.
 twotru
Msg: 12 (view)

women here seem to feel the need to tell us they're independent!
Posted: 1/15/2012 2:16:12 PM
Yeah, mine says I'm busy because.... I'm busy :) I work 50+ hours a week, also am active in a hobby business with horses six months out of the year, have an awesome social life and watch a lot of football 5 or 6 months of the year. I suppose that makes me independent too.

The idea of a profile is to describe oneself.
 twotru
Msg: 6 (view)

Random vapid question about wheels!
Posted: 1/14/2012 6:03:53 PM
Blau, these comments don't influence my buying a vehicle, like it says at the top, this is just for fun because I feel like talkin' wheels and seeing what others think.

Oh, and Lovepuppet, I am so not surprised you drive that :) Rock on!
 twotru
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 1/14/2012 4:57:24 PM
I currently own a Ford with electrical issues and I hate it with a passion. So no go on the Ford LOL! But, before that was a Chevy I loved.
 twotru
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 1/14/2012 4:43:20 PM
Participate or don't, this is just for fun because I have wheels on the brain since I am buying a new vehicle next month when I get back from Scottsdale. I personally am thinking either a half ton Silverado crew cab 4X4 short box in that bright red. OR! If I go more conservative the Infiniti FX37 might be a good option. We'll see!

So fellas, what's a hot car for a gal to drive? Sports coupe? Truck? SUV? The dreaded minivan?? Name it!

twotru
Msg: 17 (view)

Body Type...
Posted: 1/14/2012 4:37:27 PM
Well, I gained weight after quitting smoking so I put a few extra pounds because what I weigh now (or even a few months ago!) is not average for me. Thanks to the gym I am getting back to the "average" me which is certainly not skinny/scrawny/bony.

Whenever I read these I always think the OP is a weird little dude who is attracted to 14 year old boys, or females who look like 14 year old boys. Just the vibe I get, just sayin'.
 twotru
Msg: 15 (view)

30 something... Tucked or Untucked?
Posted: 1/11/2012 8:47:07 AM
Don't tuck it in but make sure it is not wrinkly :) Watch out for "dad" jeans (akin to "mom" jeans , the president wears "dad jeans).

Untucked for coffee, clubs after 8 or 9, etc

Tucked in for lunch m-f (work hours) or anything remotely business oriented.

Just stay away from dad jeans and wrinkly shirts :)
 twotru
Msg: 19 (view)

Question for the female football fans
Posted: 1/10/2012 9:27:28 PM
I would probably not date a Raiders fan. Not because of my being a 9ers fan but because of the likely felony record LOL!!!
 twotru
Msg: 9 (view)

looking for pixies
Posted: 1/8/2012 8:29:13 PM
My mother made me get a pixie cut when I was about 8 and the recess lady always called me "young man".

I do like Pixie Stix though. Delightful little sugar shooters.

Show ALL Forums