Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Does Religion cause Wars
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 128 (view)

Does Religion cause Wars
Posted: 4/4/2013 3:02:45 AM
@ Radical

The evil I see in humans, is one of the reasons I went to Jesus/God.

The character you show in your post is a perfect example of the evil I noted in us, including myself.

You better be able to elaborate, show, and prove how I'm evil if you are going to start to insult my character. I don't care for your condemning Christian views, and if you are going to make wild accusations you better damn well have some evidence to substantiate those bold claims.
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 127 (view)

Does Religion cause Wars
Posted: 4/4/2013 2:58:32 AM

- The attempt and practice of inspiring and developing intellectuality and knowledge comes from the "scientific" part of a person, or the "scientific" part of a formal institution. But this cannot be what defines "religion" or the institution, and this obviously isn't what's being blamed for causing wars or any other bad things, and religion shouldn't be allowed to disguise itself with the fact that it has done good works or contributed to scientific progress. And, bad things are the fault of the "concept" of religion. And, when people use science to declare that they aren't responsible when they are, or use reasonings such as "they are just animals" when those reasonings aren't true, rational, or applicable...then obviously they are not truthfully "blaming science", but instead are "being religious about it".

- If religion has inspired philosophy, that's irrelevant. Religion has inspired people to show what's wrong with religion...so what? If it even turns out that the intended purpose of religion is to spur us to make ourselves smarter and more moral to each other, by being an example of immorality or by being something that's ignorant and irrational...then part of that is obviously to blame religion and show that it's wrong, so doing so is still valid. And, if at one time we had only a certain degree of knowledge, and/or our knowledge was along the wrong track, and then we improved our knowledge and our methods of discovering it...obviously we're talking about scientific progress, the "scientific" presence within a formal religious institution or a person's total state-of-mind, and it's not attributable to "romanticizing the act of not-thinking and being irrational and not questioning things".

No, science comes from our ability to think, reason, and question. It is because we are an altricial species with the capability to learn is what inspires our practices and disciplines. Science is simply a discipline—much like Philosophy is a discipline. I never claimed Religion is the only reason we have Philosophy, but Religion did help humans to form Philosophy as a known practice and discipline in the world. Some cultures had Philosophy long before Religion, but so too did other cultures born of Religion evolve to have Philosophy later on.

Of course religion shouldn’t be allowed to disguise itself or scape goat the atrocities done in the name of its belief—whatever that may be. No discipline or practice is allowed this, so what exactly is your point? Educated people understand attempts to divert blame, shift argumentation, or use circular reasoning. Is your point to educate the ignorant and naïve?

“So what?” It is not irrelevant because of the very fact it did exist, and played such an interracial part in the lives of millions of human beings for millennia’s across the world. It was and is still a part of our evolutionary process, and something that does need to be recognized and learned from for the sake of prosperity. No we are on an evolutionary process. Science is not just a belief; it is a knowledge, discipline, and practice, and scientific progress is the means by which we are advancing our evolution and understanding of the natural world.

You keep harping on “Religion” and “religion.” They are both unanimous, and the only difference is the capitalization of the letter r; and either can be the in the service to God or an institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices.

You use a lot of circular reasoning and argumentation from assumption, and seem to want to clarify what educated audiences already know. Why? You’re going to need some citation of how humans have blamed one thing and done another, or how they are romancing, as you are putting nothing into context.
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 126 (view)

Does Religion cause Wars
Posted: 4/4/2013 2:57:13 AM

Another minor point: I have not myself said, nor do I believe that religions have never contributed to warfare or other bad behaviors by humans . Religions are among the many creations of humankind, and they have managed to use pretty much every single thing they've ever come up with, to do both good and not so good things.

Yet you keep saying that. You keep totting this line, moving the bar, and arguing points to suit your need that religion can never be used as cause. Next you will say, “Firearms don’t kill humans, humans kill humans, and you can’t blame a tool of destruction for the cause.”
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 125 (view)

Does Religion cause Wars
Posted: 4/4/2013 2:20:37 AM

Another way to come at it: in order to declare that "religion causes wars," from the point of view of dispassionate logic, you have to show how the act of believing and following the religion you are speaking of, leads directly to the bad behaviors you want to blame upon it. It's not enough to say that "such-and-such a nation or person committed horrific acts, AND they said it was for god." That would necessitate declaring that if anyone claims to be acting because of anything, that the thing they claim as an excuse, is in fact the cause of the bad behavior...not the person committing it. As soon as you do that, you might as well declare that everything causes wars.

You claim to be a historian, but are you discounting the following wars were not the cause of religion: the American Revolution, Crusades (all seven of the Crusades) French Revolution, US Civil War, World War 1, and World War 2? Are you also claiming that there is no proof that religion has never been the cause of cruel, malicious, corrupt, and sadistic acts? Mary the First of England burned and hanged English men and women for not converting to Catholicism. The Salem Witch trials had women burned, hung, drowned, and tortured all based off religious dogma. The events of September ninth, of the twin towers being struck, was done by Islamic extremists, and because of their religious beliefs. Yet you say we cannot say religion cannot be the cause of wars? How again is this dispassionate logic? Are you going to say also that the child shot four times by the religious leader in North Carolina wasn’t acting on religion to justify his actions?

No one has claimed religion is the cause of all wars, but it has been the cause of some wars and atrocities throughout history, and the proof is already in the pudding. So explain to us again how “religion [doesn’t] cause wars.”
Any time a human has a radical belief in something, an extreme belief, or just a belief, and uses that belief to justify their actions, than yes we as humans can say that is the cause of their immoral behavior, amongst other things. Do you seriously believe humans cannot use someone’s morals in the pursuit of truth, fact, and reasoning for their behaviors and actions, and specifically when they use those morals, ethics, and beliefs to justify those behaviors and actions?
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 20 (view)

Is this true:basically men want a sexy woman/women want a successful man?
Posted: 4/4/2013 1:02:42 AM
I agree. I see alot of women fuming over the fact that they are successful, independent, have a great job, funny, etc...so why dont men chase after them? Because men dont CARE about any of that stuff. A man would scoop up a woman working minimum wage if he found her hot. Women need to understand that the same qualities we value in men (job success, financial stability, etc) is not a priority for men. They want someone hot. They dont care about your job, how intelligent you are, how funny you are. How many times have I personally heard after a date "You're really funny and great to talk to but...."

Men want hot women. Our other noteworthy qualities come in a far second.

You're are straight up jaded and cynical. Everything I've read posted by you comes off as battered, broken, and used.

Most of the responses given in this thread are cynical. Most of the responses in this thread are sweeping generalizations. When you chase a shallow expectation then don't be surprised when you aren't getting what you want. Having an expectation your would be partner have a career or job is reasonable, but expecting him to provide for your needs as well as his is god damn ludicrous.
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 282 (view)

Beards??? What is going on?
Posted: 4/4/2013 12:40:19 AM

I am not a fan of scraggly beards either....sometimes I think guys look awesome with that 5 oclock shadow yummmmm.....

<---------------- Dis guy right hur!
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 281 (view)

Beards??? What is going on?
Posted: 4/4/2013 12:39:32 AM

I like beards because they feel nice when a guy is eating me out or when he rubs it against my breasts, it feels goooooooooooood!

Oh shit, I've never laughed so hard after reading something on the internet (yes I have, but "ya know").
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 8 (view)

no replies in 2 years
Posted: 4/3/2013 11:47:57 PM
Uhm, hope is actually correlated with confidence, and not desperation. To be desperate is to lose hope. They are in fact opposites. So to say, "Hope to hear from you soon" is a sign of confidence in a reply, and does not imply pressure, but could be seen as an expectation, yet that is even a stretch; and you'd have to be pretty aloof to not even care if someone responded to any question sent. Only the dimwitted don't know their own language.

Are you going to advise him next that showing interest is being too needy? Fortune cookie wisdom bro. Show your intelligence in questions, introduce yourself in an email, but don't keep spamming their inbox if you don't hear back, and asking questions without an introduction is very left field. You shouldn't make it the stereotypical, "Hello," but the absence of a greeting is really awkward.

Do you really want to date a woman who thinks "hope" is being "desperate?" That is awfully jaded and pessimistic. You could even say it is "cynical." Hell, the first time you say something this woman doesn't like you will be shot down. That sort of thinking isn't healthy in relationships.

Telling women they are aesthetically pleasing is creepy in a first email? Oh the irony, and when your ass hits pay dirt and your pushing sixty you're gonna be pissed men aren't paying you a second thought.

I don't advise focusing in on their physical traits, overly, but saying hello beautiful is, if anything, harmless--pays them a free compliment too.

Ultimately why a woman is responding to you or not may come down to objectification (both positive and negative): Your status, job, income, title, or other securities. I suggest cutting out mothers from your search criteria if you have problems with women wanting you for a dental and health care plan, and to provide for their bouncy trophy.
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 53 (view)

morality
Posted: 4/3/2013 11:43:00 PM
Also, humans had morality and ethics before religion, and humans will continue to have morality and ethics when religion finally dies. Morality only exists in the presence of life, and is entirely a human concept and not a celestial one.
 ARadicalPunk

I think it's my pictures
Posted: 4/3/2013 11:25:17 PM
Now you are just writing satire man.
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 52 (view)

morality
Posted: 4/3/2013 10:54:25 PM
I love hypocritical Christians, they make my work so easy for me.

The "Holy" Bible on killing:

You must kill those who worship another god (Exodus 22:20).

Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own (Deuteronomy 13:6-10).

Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you (Deuteronomy 13:12-16).

Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own (Deuteronomy 17:2-7).

Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest (Deuteronomy 17:12-13).

Kill any false prophets (Deuteronomy 18:20).

Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah (Mark 6:11).

Jude reminds us that God destroys those who don’t believe in him (Jude 5).

Lastly, Jesus, who clearly is of greater importance than Paul, said the Old Law was to remain in force until heaven and earth passed away and all is accomplished, “[f]or truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 5:18-19). Heaven and earth still exist and many prophecies are not yet fulfilled. How many times have you heard some lame ass Christian say “the Old testament doesn’t matter, Jesus was the lamb and abolished it?" Don’t let them get away with this shit for even the bible says that they should still be following the Old Law.

But nonetheless you will always get Christians making apologies for their bible and religion. The Christian moral compass is no moral compass. Christians cherry pick their morality, and condemn those who do not follow their dichotomous objectification.

ChristianGuy777 is what is known as indoctrinated in the intellectual circles. He believes simply based on appeals to tradition and faith. He sees agency in everything, and argues from places of ignorance and assumption. His mind is a weak one. He does not seek truth, evidence, or even to reason with the natural world around him, and will simply state existence and life is evident of "God." The Bible is all the "fact" he needs.

When an individual can not see the contradiction of mercy and justice in the same sentence is absolutely hilarious and ridiculous. As stated above, mercy is the absence of justice, and justice is the absence of mercy. A god cannot be omnibenevolent, and stand with indifference on cloud nine, when the world is tearing itself apart with murder, rape, war, corruption, and every facet of immorality and vice.

Free will is not an excuse. Giving humans two choices, and than an ultimatum, is blackmail. No one can say otherwise, and love me or burn for eternity in hell is no choice.
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 5 (view)

I think it's my pictures
Posted: 4/3/2013 10:06:16 PM
You think it's your pictures? I'm sure every well-adjusted woman wants a cynic in their life. Humor can be hard to pick up on in writing, and especially when the reader isn't very literate. Do you go to interviews telling the interviewer how lame or average you are? Why not trying explaining your character (actually who you are) and what your interests are (actually what you like to do) and what you are attracted to (so women understand your kinks). That profile picture is nuts by the way.
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 10 (view)

Genuine...and genuinely confused. Profile review please?
Posted: 4/3/2013 8:36:40 AM
Fair enough point! I guess you really could use the terms interchangeably!
 ARadicalPunk

Posted: 4/2/2013 5:27:03 PM
Just to nitpick, do you mean bible thumper? A bible basher would go to great lengths to show the fallacies, contradictions, and lies that are ever present within the bible. A wear that badge with pride I might add.
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 41 (view)

morality
Posted: 4/2/2013 4:19:35 AM
My ethics or morality were and are built on one very simple word: experience. From the moment I could formulate rational thought, critical thinking, and reason the actions going on around me, I began to incorporate codes (ethics) by which to live (and the normative I was taught to adhere too in my culture).

Humans are a social creature (I use the term loosely, as some do not like to be equated to animals). We thrive in corporative groups that harmonize, and that seek the betterment of all and not just the one. I understood this very early on, so I acted accordingly—not because of some secular belief or because of appeals to tradition or faith—but because I understood the value of life.

Our lives are so finite, and so small in the grand scheme of things, that we really must cherish what we have, who we have, and where we are when not in extreme states of harm or pain. Obviously I do not wish this on others, but not because I don’t want someone to harm me (which I don’t) but once again I understand our fragile existence.

I am fallible nonetheless, and it is my experiences that will continue to shape my ethics, and hopefully for the better. Now of course humans are not without self, humans are selfish (to a degree) and some more than others, but once again human experience, thought, and wisdom help to iron out ourselves from turning in on ourselves.

After all, altruism isn’t some pretentious word to make us humans look good. The "King of the Hill" argument is really idiotic too OP, so don't drink in that hogwash. You can basically equate that rationale to egoists, who only think of themselves and justify good as acts that benefit or give pleasure to the self, and bad as acts that harm or detain the self.

You will find some universal truths that are accepted by all, and not because of secular beliefs (once again). I highly suggest taking up studies in anthropology and philosophy (actual world ethics and logic) if you are seeking what morality means to you and how it lives in the world.
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 53 (view)

What is average?
Posted: 4/2/2013 4:00:59 AM
@Skiingfast

In my mind, exceptional at something is better than average at everything.

What colleges seem to forget too!
 ARadicalPunk

I'd like a review please =)
Posted: 4/2/2013 3:37:59 AM
Those winter pants are just too damn pink!
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 11 (view)

A gals point for view on my profile pls.
Posted: 4/2/2013 3:36:34 AM
Then she should apologize to him, and not seek my recognition or the forums recognition. The only thing she should publicly apologize for is her ignorance in regards to mentally ill individuals. I will attack people personally when they do the same (yes I know the fallacy of two wrongs) but I do not simply care, and will not simply excuse this sort of half handed approach to social interaction. This is clearly lazy and inconsiderate. We are strangers to one another. People don't attack individuals they actually love personally or subjectively when they aren't off their rocker or just being cruel without consequence, so why is it acceptable for people to do this shit online and with an indifference? Well, I don't want to highjack this dudes thread, so I am off!
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 113 (view)

Does Religion cause Wars
Posted: 4/2/2013 3:19:34 AM
Drink, I'm going to have to agree with Igor here on the point of religion having some credit to inspire Philosophy. Many things evolved from baser, flawed, or rudimentary understandings. At one time we had Alchemy, and now we have Chemistry, at one time we had Apothecaries, and now we have Modern Medicine, at one time we had Symbols, and now we have Literature, at one time we had only Religion, and now we have Philosophy. Of course some of these more "mundane" practices and understandings exist, but humans are evolving from such beginnings. Religion has its place if only to teach us the atrocities, wrongs, and moral evils we committed; and to inspire us not to seek knowledge just for the sake of knowledge, but to really ask the hard questions and act on them.

But I don't agree that Religion, or "spiritual belief system," does not cause wars when it specifically exists to indoctrinate its youth into a belief (and not a life style without indoctrination) that incorporates harm, segregation, hate, and violence. Not all religions do this, but the big three certainly do, and they do it with an arrogance that has persisted the ages. The Torah, Quran, and Bible (and their subsequent faiths and belief structures) all rationalize (morals) their heinous actions through cherry picking of their books, and whatever suits their world views at the time; and will be used in defense of their so called "causes." This is a naturally reoccurring phenomena.

The worst part, is these three religions can scape goat their responsibilities to man by conversing with bed time stories. So how do these belief systems not, "in and of [themselves]," cause wars? They indoctrinate, they lie, and they manipulate their youth, and try to convert others into these deplorable actions. This still exists today, the Catholic church is still passing mandates that harm humans, who still commit pedophilia, who still wage wars all on faith, who still cut the genitalia of women, and who still segregate and control women, who will kill in extreme cases, and who wish the death of any man or woman who openly confess to same sex relationships--lets not forget how they teach self loathing, self hate, and self harm.

The middle east is a prime example of all the religious base battles and squabbles that go on and that lead to the deaths of thousands--hell the United Nations even went to the middle east because of this nucking futs Muslims (mostly Americans) but that didn't stop these extremists from blowing up shit all around the world. We need only look to the Americas and Europe to see the countless lives stolen from religious zealots who murder homosexuals in the name of faith or God, and keep social segregation alive and well (ugh). We only need to look to the Catholic church to see how they constantly get away with pedophilia and rape, and their decadence.

All that is not a phenomena to you in this day and age? These are all highly abnormal actions, and especially for educated and industrialized countries. Corruption will exist, and does exist in the absence of Religion, but surely this shit is just not "normal."

This phenomena gives humans two choices: Follow the word of God or burn in hell, and people call this free will? Yeah, that isn't normal in the least.
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 4/2/2013 2:39:57 AM
I am a radical punk after all. She equated his silly pictures to mentally handicapped people. Do you realize how insulting that is; and then she goes on to say he's creepy for liking pursuits in life that do not harm, but give humandkind pleasure and creation. I'm the bad guy for this?

:pulls out aviators and a guitar: "And I heard, as it were, the noise of thunder. One of the four beasts saying, 'Come and see.' and I saw, and behold a white horse. There's a man goin' 'round takin' names, And he decides who to free and who to blame. Everybody won't be treated all the same, There'll be a golden ladder reachin' down. When the man comes around" (Johnny Cash, The Man Comes Around).
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 112 (view)

Does Religion cause Wars
Posted: 4/2/2013 2:02:57 AM
@JustDukky

Ah this guy, Christian douche bags making apologies for the Bible and their faith once again.

Actually, the Bible says nothing about interpreting it metaphorically (the fallacy of assumption) cherry picking your religion (another fallacy) and running augments into your beginning premise (and specifically giving circular arguments is another fallacy)

So what we get is A is true, “Scripture has to be read metaphorically to interpret it properly and learn it's profound moral lessons,”

Because B is true, “As an example of what I mean, I will now critique bhawk's post of scriptural quotes with my own take on their meaning. I'll omit the quotes from what Jesus meant, since he probably didn't say it exactly that way,”

Because A is true, “So you see, scripture, like Aesop's fables teaches us many and profound lessons when you read it properly and without making stupid assumptions (like it's meant to be taken literally, or is historically accurate, or was written by an almighty and nasty, vengeful, jealous God modelled on Zeus, etc.) Like any truly good storybook, the Bible teaches us a great deal about ourselves.”

This folks is a not only a weak argument, but an argument of circular reasoning. He argues against assumptions, but tells you to believe on assumption and makes appeals to faith (this is what we “intellectual” types like to call a fallacy).

Ofcourse his strawman army is easily burned when you look at the text, known your own level of education, beg the question, and realize the hokum that is the bible. The testaments do speak for themselves, and are to be taken with a grain of salt because Jesus himself says he lies, but calls them moral stories:

Jesus explains that the reason he speaks in parables is so that no one will understand him, “lest . . . they . . . should understand . . . and should be converted, and I should heal them” (Matthew 13:10-15).

Jesus explains why he speaks in parables to confuse people so they will go to hell (Mark 4:11-12).

Isn't Jesus a great guy? If you don't interpret his evil fairy tales correctly you will go to hell. I'm sure we can all learn our lessons in hell. Such is this Omniscient and Omnibenevolent God who tricks humans, manipulates humans, and blackmails humans into his way of thinking. Clearly this is the work of supreme intelligence and supreme love. Get illiterate and uneducated sandal jockeys to write your word, and objectify it to the world.

What kills me is when people like this can’t look up from their drip trays long enough to realize humans don’t like it when you say they couldn’t possibly understand, interpret, or even begin to fathom the bible (a book that was written by men some odd 4,000 years ago). No, sorry my education allows me to not only understand this garbage, but sort out all the lies, bullshit, and contradictions. Nice try, but from the time it took your brain to fart the excess gray matter out, us free thinkers already took this book apart front and back.

The best part, you have zero proof--nada, none, wala, aucun, keiner, and nemo--that God exists. Ah, we humans sure as hell can't disprove the existence of a god, but you Christians, Muslims, and Jews got shit to go on. I'm gonna go do a jig.
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 111 (view)

Does Religion cause Wars
Posted: 4/2/2013 1:41:13 AM
Without a doubt! I do love the arguments of assumption and ignorance though. Clearly it must be the devil, and clearly it was totally political and governmental wants and desires. I point some of you derp-da-herps to the American revolution, Crusades (all seven of the Crusades) French Revolution, US Civil War, World War 1, and World War 2 (specifically this war) but I digress lets not forget the Spanish Inquisition, Mary the First (also known as Bloody Mary for how many people she put to the fire) and Solomon Witch trials too. Why settle just for wars when religion likes to focus on the minutia as well? Ah religion, good times (technically I mean the worst of times, but why split hairs?).
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 4/2/2013 1:20:17 AM
I get her point, the only thing is she should probably have added the word "some". For two pictures, and ESPECIALLY one of the pics which could even be viewed as slightly mocking someone like that. Another of the pics is drawn. It's not like those two are his natural poses.

Sure, if you argue from assumption, think like a douche bag who correlates mentally ill people with the OP's silly pictures, and believe being passionate about art, music, and engineering is "creepy."

Christ, you can't reason with this kind of stupidity.
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 439 (view)

Is Jesus the son of God
Posted: 4/2/2013 1:02:27 AM

I'm curious about this. So do you (and others) that think this way feel like the Bible is just a big hoax? Conspiracy theory? If so....there sure were a lot of people (and for a long period of time) that was in on the "conspiracy"??

Appeals to popularity? Hilter was a Christian and had a whole nation behind him in the genocide of the Jewish people, so are you going to jump this bandwagon too? Guess what Hitler decided to cheery pick from the bible? I bet you can't!

The bible in all its "glory" states to kill those who are not Christian or Jewish:

You must kill those who worship another god (Exodus 22:20).

Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own (Deuteronomy 13:6-10).

Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you (Deuteronomy 13:12-16).

Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own (Deuteronomy 17:2-7).

Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest (Deuteronomy 17:12-13).

Kill any false prophets (Deuteronomy 18:20).

Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah (Mark 6:11).

Jude reminds us that God destroys those who don’t believe in him (Jude 5).

Christians: allowing us Atheists to not only be the voice of ethics, reason, and morals, but allow us to kick their ass on a daily basis metaphorically, socially, and physically. I thank you for this you evil and misguided bunch of dopes.

Omnibenevolence? What a crock of shit. A God who is Omnibenevolent does not stand by with indifference, call it a plan, and allow thousands of innocent human beings to be brutality murdered for the sake of hate. Free will? Give me a fucking break. Hitler took the free will of every single Jewish person he tortured. Where was their free will? God and Jesus can suck on these nuts. Oh wait, they don't exist. Odin can suck my nuts--wait! Zeus can suck on my nuts--shit! I mean Shiva can suck on my nuts--oh fuck it all!
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 438 (view)

Is Jesus the son of God
Posted: 4/2/2013 12:50:26 AM
[Taken from the following: http://www.evilbible.com/]

Christians are always claiming, “he’s the lamb,” “our savior,” “the king of peace,” “the embodiment of love,” and amongst the many other names they associate with a loving, and merciful nature. Jesus a nice guy and the son of God? Not in my book. Nor in any other persons who is capable of compassion and rationality. Lets examine who the hell the Jesus character really is. These verses will show not only is Jesus’ “loving” nature a joke, but so are the Christians who worship him. Jesus’ real mission on earth:

Jesus says that he has come to destroy families by making family members hate each other. He has “come not to send peace, but a sword” (Matthew 10:34).

Jesus says, “Don’t imagine that I came to bring peace on earth! No, rather a sword lf you love your father, mother, sister, brother, more than me, you are not worthy of being mine. " The real beauty of this verse is that Jesus demands people truly love him more then they love their own family. I ask you how can we love someone that we can not see or interact with? Love is an emotion pertaining to physical existence not to faithful ideologies, yet God threatens you with Death just because a human loves his or her mother maybe stronger than their love for this vapid douche bag. Compulsory love is no love, and is in fact fear or manipulation only (Matthew 10:34).

Families will be torn apart because of Jesus. “Brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death" (Matthew 10:21).

Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament (Matthew 5:17).

Jesus advocates murder and death:

Jesus condemns entire cities to dreadful deaths and to the eternal torment of hell because they didn’t care for his preaching (Matthew 11:20).

Jesus, whose clothes are dipped in blood, has a sharp sword sticking out of his mouth. Thus attired, he treads the winepress of the wrath of God. (The winepress is the actual press that humans shall be put into so that we may be ground up) (Revelations 19:13-15).

The beast and the false prophet are cast alive into a lake of fire. The rest of us, the unchosen, will be killed with the sword of Jesus. “An all the fowls were filled with their flesh” (Revelations 19:20-21).

Jesus says he is the only way to salvation yet he purposely disillusions us so that we will go to hell:

Jesus explains that the reason he speaks in parables is so that no one will understand him, “lest . . . they . . . should understand . . . and should be converted, and I should heal them” (Matthew 13:10-15).

Jesus explains why he speaks in parables to confuse people so they will go to hell (Mark 4:11-12).

Jesus advocates child abuse:

Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating. He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: “He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.” Talk about a straw man argument! How dare those Pharisees demand someone watch their hands before eating(Matthew 15:4-7)!

Abandon your wife and children for Jesus and he’ll give your a big reward. Jesus asks that his followers abandon their children to follow him. To leave your child is abuse, it’s called neglect, pure and simple (Matthew 19:29).

Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law ( Mark 7:9).

A few other things about Jesus:

Jesus says that those who have been less fortunate in this life will have it even worse in the life to come (Mark 4:25).

Jesus sends the devils into 2000 pigs, causing them to jump off a cliff and be drowned in the sea. Clearly Jesus could have simply sent the devils out, yet he chose instead to place them into pigs and kill them. This is called animal abuse (Mark 5:12-13).

Jesus kills a fig tree for not bearing figs, even though it was out of season. Jesus must not be as smart as Christians would have us believe, for he was idiotic enough to do something this silly. You’d think the son of god (god incarnate) would know that trees don’t bear fruit in a dry season (Mark 11:13)

Jesus okays beating slaves (Luke 12:47).

The only thing Jesus is the son of is a bad idea, story, and parents. The only thing that is going to come after this post from "Christians" is a bunch of apologetics (if they still believe) and threats.
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 4/1/2013 11:38:05 PM
Word :knuckle bumps:
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 34 (view)

So he/she USED to be Gay/Lesbian! Would you still date them?
Posted: 4/1/2013 11:33:30 PM
Sexuality is not a dichotomous “choice.” What humans are attracted to sexually, or like to do sexually is not a case of either/or. The world has too many cases (past and present) of men and women interacting with the same sex, both sexes, and multiple sexes to streamline humans into neat little categories of: he’s gay, she’s straight, and the pre-op is bi.

Gender is in a human’s conscience, sex is simply the act humans like to do regardless of the partner or partners, and the man in this scenario probably has some “soul” searching to do if he believes he is “no longer gay.”

I don’t know if the woman in this scenario over reacted, but I do not believe she should marry so soon, or to an individual in the middle of a sexual identity crises. Too many bigots in this thread.

Honestly, where are the lines drawn: Is a man homosexual if he likes to be cuckold? Is a monogamous couple cheating on each other for having multiple sex partners, or are they simply polygamous when it comes to sex? If a woman is in a committed relationship with both sexes is she homosexual when she is with the female and heterosexual when she is with the male? Like I said: too many bigots in this thread, and not enough voices of reason and rational.
 ARadicalPunk

Posted: 4/1/2013 11:06:46 PM
No dude, what the 2nd poster gave you was insults and not criticism. She gave you anecdotes, and nothing grounded in social reality. Think about it: how the hell is making a funny face, or writing about your passions a correlation to a mental illness or being "creepy?" So anyone who makes a funny face is mentally ill? Anyone who is passionate about their life is creepy? Passion is the mean, and not the deficiency or extreme.

Ignore her. You don't have to take my advice either, but what the 2nd poster is giving you is direct insults to your character.

Indifference: Passion : Anger (deficiency: mean : extreme)
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 4/1/2013 10:47:25 PM
Ignore this god damn idiot above me. Nothing about your photos is indicative of someone who has a mental illness, and the way the above poster writes portrays her thoughts and character as someone not well adjusted or even educated--let alone empathetic or sympathetic (what I like to call an ignorant biotch). The only person who thinks you are creepy so far is this waste of space above me.

I suggest two things: Fix your grammar and syntax structure, and delete the sentence that belittles or casts doubt on yourself. The sentence is a sign of meekness, or someone who lacks confidence.

The sentence bellow is the one I am referring to:

I cant say that im a great guy worth your time thats up to you to decide but what i can say is if i messaged you i took real consideration in doing so, read your page over and honestly think we'll hit it off.

Edit: Also, you have a lot of restrictions on whom may contact you. I suggest reevaluating what you can not stand to have in your life, and what you might be willing to compromise on.
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 2 (view)

Looking for a (preferably female) take on my profile
Posted: 4/1/2013 10:05:02 PM
You're a fire eater!? That is so god damn cool man. :knuckle bump:
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 4/1/2013 9:39:28 PM
Don't take it personal Jam, but being religious, quasi-religious, or anti-religious is an issue and reality. I will share an anecdote (just for shits and giggles): I messaged a woman who was--was mind you--interested in me, but the moment I explained I do not respect religion--even if I respect the person--and do not believe in any god--but Zeus would be a cool one, just so I could hurl lighting--she stopped messaging me. So while it may not bug everyone, someone out there is going to have an issue with our religious affiliations or otherwise.
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 23 (view)

Is finding/having a partner really that important to you?
Posted: 4/1/2013 9:16:42 PM
Hell yes, who else is going to make me some "sammwitches."
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 79 (view)

For women: Why is it so important that the man drive a car?
Posted: 4/1/2013 9:15:35 PM

Allright.... I no longer care about this post. Your a bunch of idiots in my book and bicker back and forth. Let's all troll the forums now and be creepy!

Nah, you're just mad dissension happened, grow up man. Quite to the contrary, humans can have an opinion that does not agree with yours, and aren't guilty of simply heckling you. Your responses to some rational responses have been childish, so just let it go.
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 4/1/2013 9:01:29 PM
Ah you silly christian you.

Are you messaging free thinkers or non-religious females? These women may be preemptively denying you a response based on religious affiliations. I understand (anyone with half a brain, common sense, or rational thought understands) the picture of you and your sister is just that, but something about online dating and seeing men or women with other men or women in their profiles is a turn off or deal breaker. Some individuals are entirely visual first and literary second.

Our “professions” may also be a turn off. Some individuals simply do not wish to date a student (poor or otherwise). Your mail settings may also have something to do with it: do you honestly care if someone smokes, do you honestly care if someone does drugs recreationally (such as marijuana) or for medical purposes, or do you really care about substance abusers? Are you really against dating someone who is looking for a date as opposed to a relationship? Do you really care about an individual’s past sexual exploits?

I’m not saying to compromise in the least, but reevaluate what you are willing to discuss, what you absolutely will not have in your life, and stick with it. Your profile is not bad, so take solace in that.

Your message is fine, their are many reasons why you didn't get a response: looks, affiliations, status, or you simply used the English language, and they aren't use to non-leet speak (also known as texting).
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 77 (view)

For women: Why is it so important that the man drive a car?
Posted: 4/1/2013 7:36:56 PM
This thread makes shallow look meek. I'd love to throw some of you assholes in a third world country, and watch those senses of entitlement fly right out the window. If you are going to demand someone have a luxury to date you by all means keep that tidbit to yourself.

Next humans will argue you must have a seventy-two inch screen high definition television to date.

Edit: Wait, I know what this is about. The car is a preemptive baby kick starter! Nah, nevermind, the demand of a luxury to date is simple: greed.
 aradicalpunk
Msg: 1 (view)

Edie Windsor vs USA I DOMA case
Posted: 3/31/2013 8:22:54 AM
This is going to be interesting for sure. The rally against DOMA was awesome. If anything, Americans know how to say f-u to religion and inequality in style. I'm for Edi Windsor, and I hope this causes DOMA to even be changed further. Can't wait for the day peoples first amendments are being torn apart by superstitious religion.

Here is a youtube of the rally: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyeoGf2kfm4

Another youtube of the DOMA protest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW79ow3W8Zk

One more for good measure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyHMaeLjwUY

Horrible PDF, but this is the petition brought up: http://www.aclu.org/files/assets/windsor.pdf

Here is a website that states the petition clearly: http://www.scribd.com/doc/105738696/12-307-1-DOJ-Petition

Another site about the petition: http://www.metroweekly.com/poliglot/WindsorPetition.pdf

For anyone who does not know what DOMA is and how unconstitutional this POS act really is: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-104hr3396enr/pdf/BILLS-104hr3396enr.pdf
 aradicalpunk
Msg: 19 (view)

Why do I seem to can't find the right man
Posted: 3/31/2013 7:49:51 AM

The problem is that POF is a hook up site. It's a hunka junk. Most sites are. Online dating brings out the worst in people. Bottom feeders, people who want something for nothing, people who are too lazy to actually get out of their houses and meet people..people with major issues..loads of liars, fakes, users, players, lost of BS.

The key here is your expectations. You HOPE you are going to find a quality guy here but the odds..quite frankly...are almost zero. Many men here are trolling around for quick and easy sex. The least amount of effort for the biggest payoff.

I'm sure men have their nutty stories about women too. Free dinners!!!

Word of advice: Close your account and join some social groups in your area. Meet people casually. Face to face is where it's at. You're trying to find a Tiffany ring at Big Lots.

Wow, this isn't jaded, a sweeping generalization, ignorant, or sprinkled lightly with assumptions. You don't give advice for a living do you?
 aradicalpunk
Msg: 23 (view)

Agoraphobia
Posted: 3/31/2013 7:31:05 AM
Damn Op, sounds rough. I suggest avoiding any romantic relationships until you can sort out your anxieties.
 aradicalpunk
Msg: 60 (view)

How can you date when you are SO bitter?
Posted: 3/31/2013 7:10:58 AM
Societal issues, unrealistic expectations, peer pressure, denial, jaded points of view, extremists, and hypocrisy. I'm sure their are more reasons as to why men and women are bitter, but I'm gonna go with entitlement for now. Total assumption, but I'm bored and wanna play this game of maybes too. Fook men! Down with bras! Women are just gold diggers! Rawr!
 aradicalpunk
Msg: 13 (view)

Do men get more picky as they age, or what?
Posted: 3/31/2013 6:26:18 AM
It may have something to do with your profile. Just may-be!
 aradicalpunk
Msg: 9 (view)

high heels or no?
Posted: 3/31/2013 6:24:11 AM
Why don't you ask him? You know, the one who may or may not be embarrassed to be seen with a giant! FEE-FI-FO-FOM, shit it's godzirra!
 aradicalpunk
Msg: 7 (view)

why they just fade away??
Posted: 3/31/2013 6:22:01 AM
Because we are all ninjas and live to a higher code that doesn't include women. We are the shadows! Nin-nin!
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 12 (view)

Oh YAY!!!
Posted: 3/31/2013 5:48:50 AM
Alright coach lets do this!

You fall into rhetoric far too often brother. Try and keep things of this nature to casual conversation, phone calls, and small talk. Don't go into story telling of any kind beyond a brief snippet. I like your enthusiasm nonetheless.

Don't give an example of your morals and ethics, and instead take the time to articulate them. I would give a solid paragraph, but nothing over six sentences, as you may begin to lose a potential woman--profiles aren't a biography. You want to attract an individual just enough to give you that corny ass "hey handsome" email, and if you get more she may very well be genuine.

Your pictures rock!

I suggest not telling would be dates your three strikes and you're out rule; and this is rather disingenuous too, and could cause a woman to totally ignore you before even making contact. You set a bar, and the bar may instill unease or fear of rejection.
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 51 (view)

What is average?
Posted: 3/31/2013 5:07:30 AM

1) A decent job that allows them to live comfortably, with disposable income (if you are under 27 or so, then University, Masters and PHD students too)
2) Not living with parents (again, some leeway for young students can be given here)
3) Not noticeably overweight or fat
4) Well educated (Preferably consisting of higher education, past high school)
5) Has some tangible life ambitions, like a career path
6) Not a lazy person who just stays at home all the time and has no real hobbies or interests
7) Not socially awkward, extremely shy or has crippling self esteem issues
8) Has the ability to carry an intelligent conversation
9) Can drive
10) Can read and write to a high level, without constant spelling and grammatical mistakes
11) Mature.
12) Good sense of humour
13) Has a good family and friendship base
14) Has strong morals and values
15) Not creepy, or sex driven

1) Fair enough, any man or woman can have this expectation, but the moment it becomes the only purview, or an attempt to socially climb the ladder, is when this expectation turns into a negative want.
2) Again fair enough, but depending on the age, economy, or culture this may be the normative, or people could be in a temporary funk, but yet again I can respect this expectation.
3) Fine, but I have to wonder where they draw the line on fat or overweight?
4) If the individual is going to expect an education beyond high-school they better take into account specialty schools, self training, and liberal ideas on education--especially if they are an artsy-fartsy type. I would be very specific on what education level they must have and where they obtained it.
5) This is entirely subjective. People have different ambitions and desires. I need context.
6) Cultures exist in and out of the house. For someone who is a big time gamer in his free time I want to kick this close minded biotch to the moon. I'm very fit, and don't give a good damn about the out doors to the point I want to poor my money into some other azzholes pocket.
7) Fair enough, who doesn't want to be with a well adjusted individual?
8)What exactly is an intelligent conversation? Dissension doesn't correlate to unintelligent, and anyone who starts to preach Christiany is going to look really dumb and hypocritical to me. Subjective again.
9) Okay, in a non third world country maybe. If you live in a city this can get expensive quick.
10) Bias, I want to demand this, but unrealistically America fails its youth time and again, and getting a college education is becoming more and more a demand on everything.
11) No shit, really? Mature? Who comes up with this hogwash? What exactly is morale, ethical, and mature to these individuals? Subjective!
12) Christ, the person would have to know this person personally to know their sense of humor. Subjective again.
13) And if the person has a cruel family they've disowned then what, is that person going to hold it against them through no fault of their own? Shallow! Good friends? What they hell is a good friend to this individual? Subjective!
14) What kind of morals and values are we talking about here? Religious? What Religion? What ethics do they believe?
15) What the hell is exactly creepy? What the hell is too sex driven? I swear humans are the only ones who have a problem with their own sex. If it happens great, and if it doesn't oh well. Get over it all ready. Subjective again!
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 20 (view)

Need feedback: CHRISTIAN MEN ESPECIALLY!
Posted: 3/31/2013 4:21:28 AM
Sorry again, I just have to keep making sure you are a good Christian:

Do not take any advice who is not Christian and do not associate with them (So really your head liner needs to read Christians only!): 2 John 1:10

You are going to need to avoid all non Christians and shun them as well: Romans 16:17

Lastly, you may not think on this. Free thinking is the way of philosophy. Simply obey: Colossians 2:8
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 19 (view)

Posted: 3/31/2013 3:53:40 AM
Just a few more contradictions I noticed, sorry I had to pull out my bible, as I couldn't remember the testaments off my head.

"is sophisticated without being pretentious."

According to the lord you should not judge lest you be judged: Matthew 7:1 & Luke 6:37

"is responsible financially."

"is close to his ideal weight and in decent shape: obviously not looking for ripped male model, but someone healthy and relatively fit; maybe we can work out together. Sorry...women are visual, too"

According to the lord you should not be asking for this or make demands: Luke 12:22-31 & Matthew 6:25-34

According to the lord you are not allowed to remarry: Matthew 19:6 & Mark 10:9

According to the lord any man who does marry you will be committing adultery: Matthew 5:32, 19:9 & Luke 16:18

According to the lord your ex-husband is committing adultery if he still lives: Mark 10:11 & Luke 16:18

According to the lord you divorcing is adultery: Mark 10:12

According to Jesus you can not dismiss the old Testament: Matthew 5:18-19

I suggest if you want to be a good christian to delete your profile, live the rest of your days in peace, and pray for your ex-husband to see the errors of his ways if he still lives, and if he has passed you remain a widow.
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 3/31/2013 3:06:07 AM
Oh my, what is with the bullet point profile? This reads like an informative speech, and not a profile about you. You have alot of contradictions in the profile as well:

"has an authentic walk with God and attempts to live out his faith daily."

I highly suggest you read the bible from the old testament to the new testament, and see what your faith really calls for, and don't cherry pick. I'm speaking as a former Christian, and you are asking for Christian men. The man you want will subjugate you if he follows the bible's testaments.

"I will not live with anyone or become involved physically BEFORE marriage."

This is the 21st century, and you expect a man to wait until marriage to be sexually active? You expect each other to live separately until marriage? What kind of time line are you looking at? Do you have a flow chart or something? Okay, whatever, but here you say:

"I think intimacy between a husband and wife is incredibly important!!! I am deeply passionate and I am hoping to have an AMAZING time with my husband in that arena! If sex is not important to you or if you have issues with low libido or testosterone that you are not willing to address...we are definitely not a good match."

Do you not see the contradiction and how disingenuous this really is? You want a passionate man, but demand he bottle his passions until marriage? You give a tall order! Truly this God sent man would be inhuman.

"ambitious and altruistic. Currently writing a book and launching a non-profit to help older children in foster care. I am looking for a man who could encourage the things that God has put on my heart (I would certainly do the same for him!)"

You are asking for a self sacrificing and selfless man? You do realize no human is without self? Humans can be altruistic, and have shown altruism, but to demand the act in hand with being ambitious? Ambitions are if anything self centered, and ambitions are desires that are not associated with altruism. Great job doing non-profit work, but this isn't an ambition, but charity on your part.

"an ENFP in Myers-Briggs terms and quite true to type. ENFP'S are affectionate, loyal, playful partners who value authenticity, connection, and passion in their relationships, and that is a great description of what I can offer and what I am looking for in a mate."

Here you are labeling and objectifying negatively. Simply state who you are, and do not use some arm chair psychobabble study as your line in the sand.

Your post is entirely too much about God on a secular site. I suggest trying a Christian singles, or some other religious hokum site. Your idea of love is really-really-really demanding, and a little scary. Now excuse me while I go pray to Zeus so he does not strike me with lighting.
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 49 (view)

What is average?
Posted: 3/31/2013 2:02:01 AM
This is average? Talk about stream lining achievements. This is considered by some females to be average OP, and is in their profiles? Oh my lord. I personally like this one:

"He has to be able to make me laugh on a daily basis!"

@Skiingfast

Man, that was jaded a hell, and had some anecdotes! But hey, the thread is a little personal right? These women you message, and eventually end up meeting, must be really shallow man. I get expectations and preferences, but this just sounds rough. I have to wonder if you aren't being a little disingenuous. The women are really only cutting you down because of four inches of height? You're a desperate housewives wet dream as far as security goes.

Edit: I have to agree with HelenBackAgain on the part of trying a paid dating site (I almost want to assume you are on a few). Also, how is he intimidating? Do women run from men who are easily 250 plus punds of muscles if that is what they are looking for? Obviously the guy is well off, educated, and well adjusted, and the women who require a education and sizable bank account are going to mark the good-to-go check box off in regards to Skiingfast.

Something is off. :dawns Batman cowl and lurks off into the night to investigate:

Skiingfast, I lived in Germany for 10 years, Baghdad for 6 months, Mexico for the better part of a month, and through out various parts of America, and the mentality, normative, and cultures are just going to be different no matter the gender. This by the way is coming from Anthropological assertion, and only a little bit from anecdote. I durn gotz mu edjamacation!

Sidenote: Try and get a European woman since you seem to travel. Put the American dream to rest.
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 66 (view)

Date With Single Mom Went Horribly Wrong
Posted: 3/31/2013 1:39:20 AM
Everyone keeps assuming the OP went on this date with the sole intention of having sex. Why are you ass hats assuming? OP, why are you "sexting" women "I love you?" I love you means the same thing in written word as it does in person. Don't try to sell people a false analogy. Don't drive around with children who aren't properly seated by the law. Sorry this went south so fast, and the best you can do is learn from this experience, and take the constructive criticism given.
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 79 (view)

Guys that shaved their arms and back...what do you think?
Posted: 3/31/2013 12:09:06 AM
Men that shave themselves. .well, that seems to be the norm, now, not the exception. Definitely agree with how . .if you could grab someone's back by the hair they have there. .shave it!! Or at least, that shouldn't be on display for everyone else to see.
I remember someone at the company where I work who had so much hair, long hair. .on his hands, that it looked as if he could braid it. :P
I would imagine tweezing the hair would have the same effect, only be a lot more time consuming. And maybe more painful, probably result in more ingrown hairs, too. :P I wasn't thinking of tweezing the bigger areas, like the arm or leg. .the armpits, really. After awhile, tweezing your eyebrows hurt more than tweezing your armpits.

What are your thoughts on braiding testicle hairs? Would it be classy to go for a heart, or just simply the fu manchu? I could distinctly make my nuts look Asian!

Show ALL Forums