Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Long distance , how long would you tough it out ?
 diva po-po princess
Msg: 13 (view)

Long distance , how long would you tough it out ?
Posted: 2/1/2017 12:34:58 PM
Over a year, we see each other all the time, are getting married next year, and I move in a couple months. Yes, they can work but you definitely need to trust them 100%. FaceTime also helps, lots of phone calls and texts. He is 10 hours from me.
 diva po-po princess
Msg: 36 (view)

Why did he ghost me? Cowards way out?
Posted: 2/1/2017 11:26:57 AM
I'm trying to figure out why it matters who messaged whom, first.

If it was her, he obviously started talking to her and pretty much, by the looks of it, presented himself as single.

If it was him who messaged her first, I think that needs no elaboration.

3 months isn't a huge amount of time to be that torn up over someone. Thank goodness it wasn't 3 YEARS. Brush yourself off and get back out there. There are plenty of scumbags and players in this world, but I promise, there are GOOD ones out there. You just have to look for them.
 Diva PO-PO princess
Msg: 481 (view)

Paying for a date
Posted: 3/27/2015 9:51:46 AM
I usually work everything out before hand. However, if they insist on paying for everything and I know I don't want to see them again, I insist on paying my portion of the bill. I don't want to end up like that "Darren and Joanne". LOL
 Diva PO-PO princess
Msg: 11 (view)

Wants to meet you
Posted: 3/27/2015 9:25:13 AM
At this current moment, 651 men want to "meet me". Only 2 of those have actually messaged me and neither was my "type".

It is a good self esteem booster though! LOL
 Diva Po-Po Princess
Msg: 26 (view)

Criminals?
Posted: 8/20/2007 1:40:38 AM
Ok...so let me get this straight...

Even IF you throw out the whole "self defense" murder thing

He's still a KNOWN gang banger and a drug dealer. You don't see anything wrong with that?? I'm sure he'll be convicted of murder at least in the 2nd too.

No, I don't date criminals, I arrest them and take them to jail where they BELONG.
 sick of idiots!
Msg: 24 (view)

Learning why some people just choose to NOT answer!!
Posted: 5/7/2007 4:57:31 PM
That's exactly why I took my pic down. Some nutbar from here actually tracked me down at work and harassed me because I rejected him. Ummm, hello?? Read my profile carefully there, buddy. Plus do you think it's wise to harass people carrying firearms??

MOST are decent enough about it though, like "thanks, but we're definitely not a good match, good luck"...but there is always one piece of stinkbait in every bunch.
 Sick of idiots!
Msg: 4 (view)

Quick question about IM's
Posted: 4/5/2007 9:40:57 AM
Thank you both very much!
 Sick of idiots!
Msg: 1 (view)

Quick question about IM's
Posted: 4/4/2007 10:34:02 AM
Ok, I can't find the answer in the FAQ's or thread search...

I have my pop up blocker on, so I get a little box that says "Accept message from: and then yes or no".

When you click "NO", does that person get a message saying you denied the IM request? If it doesn't, I think they should add something to that effect so they don't keep bombarding you.
 EMT_Chickie
Msg: 16 (view)

Why do most women have tattoos of butterflies or stars?
Posted: 2/25/2007 11:59:05 AM
I have no stars upon thars or butterflies. Mine are mainly unicorns, horses and tigers.
 EMT_Chickie
Msg: 16 (view)

Why do you not reply to IM?
Posted: 2/25/2007 11:46:19 AM
I even pointed it out in my profile. DO NOT IM me unless you send an email first or if you're from my fav's list, otherwise I will deny the IM. It also proves to me you did not read my profile if you just IM me without the courtesy of an email, which further irritates me.

I'm not rude, I just don't accept the invite.
 EMT_Chickie
Msg: 51 (view)

Firefighters... Good, bad, or ugly?
Posted: 2/25/2007 11:37:53 AM
Considering I used to be in EMS, I was a FF junkie. They do have a nasty reputation for being players (I know you probably already knew that), but hey..most look good in uniform and can throw you up over their shoulders...
 EMT_Chickie

opinions on a slightly different career choice.
Posted: 2/25/2007 11:28:08 AM
Hmmm, I'm sniffing an illegal (I can do that pretty good ) get rich quick, hair brained scheme.

And OP, if you said that to me, after I stopped laughing, I might think about coming to visit you in your cardboard box in a few months.
 EMT_Chickie
Msg: 10 (view)

ladies... date testimonials
Posted: 2/24/2007 4:50:02 PM
Nope, the ones I have are from the forums. Unfortunately, two of them are toooo far away, but they're a blast to talk to on messenger and phone. Surprisingly they must be insane since they can put up with me. ;)
 EMT_Chickie
Msg: 37 (view)

safety for women
Posted: 2/20/2007 7:55:25 PM
I have handcuffs and a firearm..*whistles*

Don't let anyone know where you live, only meet in places where LOTS of people gather, have a friend call and check in...

Well, everyone else pretty much covered it...so nevermind.
 EMT_Chickie
Msg: 35 (view)

Are you in stealth mode?
Posted: 2/19/2007 6:30:18 PM
Peek-a-boo...I see you....

But you can't see me because I'm in stealth mode. I got tired of all the emails saying, "You viewed me but didn't write, blah blah friggidy blah". I'm feeling bored. I think I'll turn it back off.
 EMT_Chickie

Women who won't commit
Posted: 2/18/2007 8:06:39 PM
I'm not scared of commitment, I just don't want one right now. I have enough going on in my life and don't need the extra stress.

When I am looking again, I know exactly what I want and I won't settle. I would rather be alone then be with someone I have "settled" for.
 EMT_Chickie
Msg: 12 (view)

How do you tell your wife it over
Posted: 2/18/2007 7:43:26 PM
You have tons of LYING going on in your profile as well as to your wife then. "Separated" and...

HONEST and blunt. Yeah, then why can't you tell your wife if that was so true?

BTW, open a dictionary. You can't even spell your screen name right. I'm sure you mean "INDIAN". :roll:

You're stupid. Go play in traffic.
 EMT_Chickie
Msg: 5 (view)

Eye Contact Game
Posted: 2/18/2007 7:34:36 PM
A "stoney" face while staring at me? I'd think you were creepy and out on a day pass from your local looney lounge.

Why don't you just stand on top of your desk while shouting and flailing your arms? Now that should get you that attention you so desperately want..
 EMT_Chickie
Msg: 22 (view)

please ask guys whether they like patriarchy.
Posted: 2/18/2007 7:24:04 PM
I bet you're a real "blast" on dates, aren't ya?

"Establish equality"?? What is this? The 1950's and Beaver Cleaver?
 EMT_Chickie
Msg: 42 (view)

superficial nail question
Posted: 2/15/2007 10:24:21 AM
My nails are only about 1/4 inch above the tip. Right now they're painted sparkly pink. My favorite is "Black Tie" from OPI. It's a really deep purple that's almost black.
 EMT_Chickie

Viewing profiles of body types you don't like
Posted: 2/13/2007 11:32:18 PM
I too have a "clicking" problem (no, not that kind you pervs, sheesh). I wonder if there's some sort of 12 step program. Hey!! I just admitted I have a problem.

I view people in the forums, people who viewed me, and those when you're just out clicking aruond that just make you say, "What in the hell" by either pic or headline.

That's why I changed my "Who viewed me" to off. I got a deluge of emails saying, "You viewed me but didn't email me, why? If you viewed me you were obviously interested..." Uh, no. It's because I suffer from UCD.
 EMT_Chickie

When you're getting on well then they stop sending messages
Posted: 2/13/2007 11:20:42 PM
Like everything that was mentioned, lost interest, saw your pic and you weren't their type...

OR

They moved on to the next "better" one on their list without giving you the decency of telling you and leaving you in the dark.
 EMT_Chickie
Msg: 10 (view)

my life on hold ....need your opinion
Posted: 2/13/2007 4:31:12 PM
IMO, your relationship is done. I went through about 3 weeks of that. I personally think he was just too chicken to end the relationship himself, so he did that stuff so I would end it. It worked.

Do what you need to do, but I think that's what she's doing.
 EMT_Chickie
Msg: 25 (view)

I want to ask someone to marry me
Posted: 2/6/2007 7:11:45 PM
Well, mine probably wouldn't work for you since mine involved the sheriff, an "arrest warrant" and some handcuffs. It was definitely memorable though...it about made me start wearing adult diapers and establish permanent residency in a nursing home since I really thought I was going to jail.

Good luck OP!! Let us know how it turns out and what you did.

And lilacprincess....Your profile says you're "separated". Shouldn't you be more concerned with getting a divorce than getting engaged?
 EMT_Chickie
Msg: 38 (view)

I am woman, hear me fart.
Posted: 2/6/2007 6:31:35 PM
What are you going to do?? Rap her on the nose with a rolled up news paper shouting, "NOOOOOOO!! NO!" Unless of course it's that horrid noise that sounds like there was "shrapnel" deposited in the underpants...

My suggestion? Don't feed her raw veggies or grease.
 EMT_Chickie
Msg: 43 (view)

Aren't there some people that nobody is attracted to?
Posted: 2/5/2007 5:58:09 PM
There is always hope for those "unattractive" people if they have a glowing personality. They could meet a blind person and then their looks would never matter to begin with!
 EMT_Chickie
Msg: 18 (view)

My wrist just snapped in half!
Posted: 1/31/2007 8:39:41 PM
Oh, I have none of those. Carry on then.

Yeah, don't try and get funky with the chunky in an itty bitty bathroom stall while "hovering"...

*walks away with head hung in shame*
 EMT_Chickie
Msg: 15 (view)

My wrist just snapped in half!
Posted: 1/31/2007 8:29:53 PM
I've broken 2 beds, had numerous rug burns, slid off the hood of a car and cut my back all up, got my foot stuck in a toilet....

Other than that....
 EMT_Chickie

Cooking Chinese....
Posted: 1/31/2007 12:16:12 PM
Oooh, some authentic Chinese cooks in here!!

Anyone have a recipe for sesame chicken, noodle dishes or bbq pork?

What about tips for good rice so it's not sticky?

Hot pot, I've never seen it in a Chinese restaurant around here and I go to a lot of them.
 EMT_Chickie
Msg: 36 (view)

men in uniforms
Posted: 1/31/2007 10:57:46 AM
Ah, there again, no one finds us lowly paramedics sexy. I have flight pants AND scrubs. Does that sweeten the pot for anyone? Anyone??

Yep...give me a cop or a firefighter any day. Actually that's mostly the only type I date.
Something about being handcuffed and thrown on the hood of the squad car (just make sure the cameras are off)...I can't wait until I start my new job at the PD next month.

Carry on while I rehash the past. *Insert that song "Memories" here*!
 EMT_Chickie

How do you permanently block someone from repeatedly putting you on their fav's list?
Posted: 1/22/2007 4:30:23 PM
This guy keeps adding me, I keep deleting him, lather, rinse, repeat.

It's creepy stalkerish behavior. Especially when you email them and they don't reply.

Feel free to mark this thread for deletion, but please wait until I get my answer.
 EMT_Chickie
Msg: 2 (view)

A humble request for constructive criticism.
Posted: 1/17/2007 11:03:33 AM
IMO, take out the bit about your fast car, faster motorcycle...As a woman, I really don't care what you have as I care about who you are and you come across as a bit boasty. I immediately pass on a profile with too much of that in it.

I think you should also take out the bit of staying in the bedroom all day.

Just my .02. Your pics all look fine though. Good luck.
 EMT_Chickie
Msg: 6 (view)

RATE MY PROFILE!!! Pleeeeeeease
Posted: 1/17/2007 10:58:04 AM
First off, take off BOTH pics. The headphones on your ears just look dumb and there is no need for that 2nd pic. Take at LEAST one really NICE one where you're smiling and nothing is getting in the way of your face and head.

Secondly, I think you should paraphrase this a bit:

I am currently at the University of Toronto studying economics. I also have a background in classics and philosophy. My goal in the medium term is to complete a masters in economics and then move on to a law degree. (Don’t ask me how I am going to pay for this but I am hoping that “where there is a will there is a way” is not just an empty cliché). Eventually I am looking to work for an international agency dealing with development and international law. I especially like the work of the WTO, UNICEF, the World Bank and the IMF.

There's really no need to go on and on like that. You can sum it up in a few sentences. If I were looking at you as a potential mate, I would've moved on. I got too bored reading all that. Instead of all that, tell them something about you. Your likes, dislikes, hobbies, etc. Save something to talk about for the meeting!
 EMT_Chickie

Profile review please people
Posted: 1/17/2007 10:52:40 AM
You should go through and fix your spelling errors. Also, capitalize your "I"s.
 EMT_Chickie
Msg: 8 (view)

Any good recipes for Kielbasa ??
Posted: 1/17/2007 10:06:56 AM
Here's something I just throw together. It's quick, easy and surprisingly delicious. And let's not forget CHEAP!

Kielbasa Noodle Supper
1 lb kielbasa or smoked sausage
16 oz pkg frozen chopped broccoli (or spinach, peas, whatever)
16 oz pkg spiral or wagon wheel pasta (or any other shape-bowties etc)
1 or 2 sticks butter
1 cup or so Grated Parmesan cheese (kind in the can)(I also use the shredded cheese in the bag, it's just as good, especially if you have some to use up!)

Slice kielbasa. Cut each slice into quarters. Brown in a few tablespoons butter in a very large skillet or Dutch oven. Meanwhile, cook broccoli as directed on package; drain. Cook noodles as directed on package; drain. Add broccoli and noodles to kielbasa. Add 1 or 2 sticks of butter. Add about 1 cup of grated Parmesan or more to taste. Heat through over low heat stirring until butter is melted and Parmesan incorporated. YUM!
 EMT_Chickie

Confession please.....
Posted: 1/17/2007 9:48:46 AM
I'm pretty sure there are *some* sane people, unfortunately I haven't dated any of them recently.

I think there are way too many people scared of being alone, being without someone, having to do things by themselves that are just way too desperate and throw themselves at anything that comes along. That's not me and I feel sorry for people like that. They find themselves married and miserable to someone just like them - afraid of being alone, but not happy with that other person all at the same time.

If I do happen to find a friend and after awhile things take off, great. If not, I'm absolutely fine with that. That's why I start with friends first. No expectations and you *really* know each other before jumping into a relationship. Well, most of the time. Good luck!

EMT_Chickie

Confession please.....
Posted: 1/17/2007 9:22:00 AM
I highly doubt that. I'm just looking for friends because I'm tired of the whole "relationship" thing.

The lies, deceit, cheating...the list goes on and on...

I'm much happier on my own.
 EMT_Chickie

Meminest or Must not do drugs
Posted: 1/17/2007 12:10:53 AM
Hmmm, pot meet kettle.

You're wondering what's wrong with a guy that does a little pot or coke once in awhile? (BTW, even though your profile says you don't do drugs, you pretty much just gave yourself away with your post...and other things...)

Yet your profile states only people who don't do drugs can contact you?? Geesh.

Thanks for the good laugh!
 EMT_Chickie
Msg: 23 (view)

Snob? Discrimination? I dont get it.
Posted: 1/16/2007 11:57:31 PM
Awww, heyitsdoug...you can email me and I'll reply.

Now, for the OP...

Maybe part of the reason you don't get a response is the "fear of the unknown". Maybe women think they wouldn't know how to commuicate with you because they don't know ASL and they don't understand any other ways of communication either.

Don't give up. The right one *is* out there for you.
 EMT_Chickie

New to the dating scene-any advice?
Posted: 1/15/2007 3:41:33 PM
Hi there. First off, remember, this is the internet, so you need to look out for your own safety above all things.

Never go on long dates for the very first meet. Meet for coffee or an ice cream, something like that at first. That way if there's no connection, it's a short meeting and you don't have to sit through an entire date and be tortured.

Be VERY careful who you give your personal information to. There are a lot of loons out there.

For your first meeting, you will be nervous, it's ok. Just make sure you can keep the conversation going. No one likes those awkward quiet moments. Practice a few things in your head before you get there.

Dress nice, well groomed, smell nice, although don't "marinate" in your cologne or aftershave.

Do NOT bring up ANY sexual overtones at all!!

For the first actual date...

Show up with a small token of something she likes. IE favorite small box of candy, a flower, something. You will earn points.

Just *PLEASE* if you don't feel a connection, send her a small note saying something to the effect of, "Thanks for taking the time to meet me, however I don't feel there is a mutual connection. Good luck with your search", or something to that effect. Please save us from yet another, "He just took off and I thought he liked me" thread. Also, in that respect, send her a short note letting her know you had a great time and wish to see her again.

I'm sure others will have many better ideas than I do. Good Luck!
 EMT_Chickie
Msg: 9 (view)

Apparently those Nigerian scammers are using Yahoo messenger now...
Posted: 1/15/2007 8:41:55 AM
There was a thread here awhile back that had a few people in it that fell for it. That's how come I wanted to post this. There are more people that fall for this than you think.
 EMT_Chickie
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 1/15/2007 8:03:27 AM
I just wanted people to be aware so they can look for it. There are good hearted people out there and I don't want anyone falling for this.

Dang, now I wanna play a little with that stuff I googled. Thanks! ;)

Oh, it was already starting about 3 minutes in. "I have to go help mum, she's very sick"..."she called earlier"

Yep, well that's just too dern bad!!!

Happy New Year to you too, oldsilverfox!! :hug:
 EMT_Chickie

Posted: 1/15/2007 12:16:20 AM
Darn, never thought of that. I have pretty good protection on here though. He'd have to get through that and I haven't gotten any messages saying a remote attack was attempted. He shut up right quick after I said "I am fully aware of all those Nigerian scams". Never said another word and I blocked him.

He was getting a bit irritated though...How much do you make? "Enough". How much did you pay for your car? "Enough". How much did you pay for your house? "Enough".

Ah, gotta love it. NOT.
 EMT_Chickie

Posted: 1/15/2007 12:00:27 AM
I just got a message from some guy, acted like he barely speaks English...

First asks me my name, I won't give it to him, then pics which I wouldn't give him..then he asks about my kids which I DEFINITELY am not telling him about...

So then he starts asking about my job, WHERE I work, how much I make, how much my house, car, etc. cost...I won't tell him and he just keeps on and on...I did talk to him for a little bit because I wanted to see how far he'd go.

His yahoo profile says he's in the UK, but he tells me he's from NIGERIA. *RED FLAG* He asks me if I ever heard of it, I said "Yep" and he asked how. I just said I'm aware of all the Nigerian scams.

What is up with these people????

I just thought I'd warn everyone. I know there are some people that have fallen for their scams before and I'm pretty sure this is probably how it starts, so watch out if someone like this contacts you and this is the route your conversation takes.

Be careful y'all!!!
 EMT_Chickie
Msg: 6 (view)

Online Dating in the 90's
Posted: 1/14/2007 7:33:13 PM
I think it's still pretty frowned upon, but not so much. The people I work with constantly make fun of me for going this route.

It doesn't matter. You have a greater variety of people you would not otherwise meet and you can "sift" as you choose.
 EMT_Chickie

Embarassing moments
Posted: 1/14/2007 6:19:35 PM
He didn't do anything that didn't involve the bar pretty much. He went buh-bye.
 EMT_Chickie
Msg: 3 (view)

Embarassing moments
Posted: 1/14/2007 5:56:34 PM
Hmmm, he would go to a store, hide in the clothes rack and when people were browsing he would yell, "Pick me!! Pick me!!"

Farted so bad in the grocery store, people would come in the aisle and immediately leave asking what that putrid smell was. One even telling an employee that they had rancid food in the next aisle..

He passed out in the middle of the bar, fell off the bar stool, then just LAYED there on the floor, mouth wide open, drooling and snoring very loudly...

Him thinking he was the shiznet and tried break dancing at a wedding reception and split his pants wide open..

Ah, the list just goes on and on.
 EMT_Chickie

Best Way .....
Posted: 1/14/2007 12:17:07 PM
I dunno. Without more details, I really can't help. If it was something you did, maybe send her a card with a note explaining exactly how you feel.

I lost my best friend in 1999. He died though, so it's completely different. You have the chance to make things right and get her back. I don't have the chance to get him back.

On the other hand, I have a really good friend who I was mad as hell at a few months ago, but I cooled down, we talked, and everything is fine. One word of warning though, just from experience, it depends what happened and how mad she is....your relationship might not be the same again.
 EMT_Chickie

Anybody have a quick and easy pasta sauce recipe?
Posted: 1/14/2007 12:00:18 PM
Spaghetti Meat Sauce For The Crockpot

1 lb lean ground beef
1 lb italian sausage
1 large onion, chopped
1 small green pepper, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 (1 lb) cans tomatoes, chopped
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (12 oz) can tomato paste
1 large can mushrooms
1 cup beef broth
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Cooked spaghetti, noodles, or other pasta

Brown hamburger and sausage in frying pan. Add onion and green pepper; cook until soft. Combine meat and onion/pepper in a slow cooker with remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours. Serve over hot spaghetti, noodles, or other pasta.

*This is my own concoction. You may have to add a bit more beef broth if you like your sauce a bit thinner.
 EMT_Chickie
Msg: 7 (view)

Guys giving numbers
Posted: 1/14/2007 12:15:53 AM
I prefer it that way. I won't give out my number too readily. There are lots of loons on this earth and I don't need one calling me every 5 minutes if I reject him. I've already changed my number twice because of crazies, so now I'm extra careful.

Show ALL Forums