Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Forward Women
 Praetorian55
Msg: 10 (view)

Forward Women
Posted: 1/11/2012 10:37:35 PM
Only if she's attractive.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 5 (view)

Age and dating
Posted: 3/21/2011 6:50:01 PM
I find that women that date younger men basically are in the camp of hags that are clutching on to whatever mythical beauty they think they still have.

Men searching for significantly younger women are weak, uncharismatic and insecure.

I myself am into intelligence surrounded by a package I find attractive regardless of age.

P55
 Praetorian55
Msg: 2 (view)

I am not sure about marriage or kids
Posted: 3/21/2011 6:47:02 PM
There are women that don't want kids or a marriage either. You've got it made mate...blissful sex with few strings attached.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 26 (view)

She wants to take things slow.....
Posted: 1/31/2011 8:16:39 PM
Woman - "I just want to take it slow"

rational translation

"I'm keeping my options open in case something better comes along"

Women want to fcuk just as badly as we do. The only thing that keeps an "interested" women in line is the stigma of being "easy". Women that want to go slow are not interested plain and simple.

P55
 Praetorian55
Msg: 57 (view)

What would you do???
Posted: 1/31/2011 8:13:38 PM
Hey man....all's fair in Love and War.

She's probably a dominatrix in bed. Honestly...I'd beat that breaks off of her in the boudoir. Some people have the sort of relationship that is flimsy with one person and solid as Oak with another.

If you pass....you'll only have regrets.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 69 (view)

This ain't freaking Rocket Science
Posted: 1/31/2011 8:03:46 PM
Every major site and I do mean EVERY major dating site has one common denominator.

A healthy advantage when it comes to the male/female ratio. Some sites are estimated to have 3:1 male to female ratio or higher.

Doesn't take Einstein to realize that the odds of a man getting equal attention than real life ,where there is equilibrium generally , is going to be rare.

The aformentioned fact is also emboldened further by the fact that it's more of an ego boost for women to be online than men. If your inbox is seeing constant action then that's an affirmation of your desirability and women, despite their protestations about game players and d.bags, eat up the online game like pigs at a trough.

Best plan is to simply realize that online dating is an adjunct to "doing it the old fashioned way" with the face to face. Men should online date with low low low expectations and then and only then will your dreams be realized.

P55 - educating you fools since birth
 Praetorian55
Msg: 15 (view)

how do you turn someone down nicely on this site?
Posted: 1/31/2011 7:47:18 PM
LOL

Typical Shallow Women. Maybe you should respond with "Typical butthurt male"

Getting a response at all is a courtesy and a sign of class from the other party. Butthurt males and they're puerile responses are the reason why women are afraid to respond on this site and others.

bytches
 Praetorian55
Msg: 15 (view)

Gender Wars - who is the more analytical, Men or Women?
Posted: 6/4/2010 5:15:00 PM
Had an interesting conversation with a gentleman that worked at a car dealer about a book he's writing about relationships and loosely around Christianity.

Some of the themes of the book will center around how both genders perceive "love" and react to their environment. He had a lot of good things to say. While I think men or more methodical in their thinking and likely employ linear thinking in as logical manner as they can muster I don't think this automatically makes women illogical. Men me
ay be at their most illogical when interacting with women which would thus alter his perception in the eyes of the woman he interacts with.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 179 (view)

How many of you guys actually find dates off POF?
Posted: 6/3/2010 10:14:07 PM
PoF certainly has it's own culture.

Like the avg male I don't have stellar height nor do I have money to flaunt for those that may be enticed by the
"lifestyle" but I've always done well in group or night out settings because in the end it's about personality and if you
have a little spunk it's easier for women to overlook a few inches here and there.

Pof is a sausage fest. No doubt about it I've had friends put up dummy profiles with real pics and get a ridiculous amount of
responses (though I don't know if anyone would call "let's f***k" a decent response). Truth be told it is in fact easier for the avg
woman to control her dating "spigot" on PoF than it is for a man.

Those of us that don't have the "measurables" are hampered by the lack of non-verbal communication here which puts us at a disadvantage.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 41 (view)

Which is better a Palm Pre or an I-phone?
Posted: 5/22/2010 12:04:53 PM
If my iPhone is outdated because I can't run Flash then I'll gladly accept an outdated phone.

I watched the whole presentation of "Froyo" (Android 2.2) and wasn't all that impressed. Web streaming of music
is going to be a standard across all phones by the end of this year. Apple's already bought Lala who does exactly what
Simplified Media does and more wrt to cloud streaming of music.

What exactly am I missing in Android besides the headache of too many versions and horrible and clunky UI?
DiVX player. Um Air stream ...streams whatever video content I have on my Mac or PC to my iPhone and iPad for $2.99.
There's an app for that.

Android's Enterprise features are a joke. It was funny the presenter Vic Gundotra said they added 20 new features for Enterprise use and then moved on. LOL. Vic just admit that Android is not ready for the Enterprise. 20 features? No solid info on Enterprise mobile management tools? Fail

Unlike Android...Apple doesn't give their phones away. I'm suspect of any Android sales numbers because they give the phones away like they are valued at nothing. Buy one get one deals all over the place. Consider this...when you see that Apple sold a certain percentage of iPhones in the qtr you know that every one of those phones was sold. When you see Android numbers you don't know if they got the $50 Droid deal or a BOGO deal. You cannot verify that the phone wasn't just given away. That makes Apple far more sustainable wrt to profit than Android.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 128 (view)

Posted: 5/20/2010 9:59:56 PM
I guess if I was 25 again I'd have the inclination and energy to do the chase. I'm not 25 however and today and I'm not
going to do the whole grovel thing again.

Without the right woman/man the vicious cycle continues. You become single and then moan about how much you want to share good times with a significant other so you eventually meet someone dateable and after 6 months you can't even remember why you wanted to be in a relationship. It's largely the same vortex.

You hear the demonization of "game players" but there a contestants on both sides playing the game. The woman or man you
find that removes you from the Matrix...er vortex isn't going to be the one you have to give a lb of flesh to for communication.
It's the one that you feel a magnetic attraction to that is mutual (we're not talking lust here but deeper)

So fck all this BS...go out have fun and pray you run into someone that has that unmistakable "something" that draws you in.
Those relationships are effortless....like riding on a tandem bike.

P55
 Praetorian55
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 5/13/2010 8:23:56 AM
itsallinthesoul

I agree. There's a point at which your instincts have to become a larger influence in your decision making process. I also agree that for some people there are subjects that are "off limits". If said subjects cause high emotional responses then perhaps that's a good thing.

The process for making decisions will tend to vary for all people. I think more men have a proclivity towards just raw data (which is why males dominate computers as enthusiasts, engineers etc), instinct plays a part but i'd presume that women are ahead on the instinct front. On a first date what a guy thinks he is coming off like probably vastly differs from that woman's perception.

I remember when I was roughly 26 or so I met a gal out during a night of dancing. We exchanged numbers and spoke on the phone and did a couple of things. I could never break through and get more of her time. I pressed her one night where she obviously wasn't in the mood to be PC and she told me "If I was interested I'd be calling". I didn't take offense but that and other events certainly changed my views about how to perceive interest. In the movies the guy gets the girl but in reality if she's not all that interested then she's probably to become interested. Experienced males need to ignore the superfluous BS in life and focus on the core issues at hand and that's why logic (or rather good logic) often beats emotion.

P55
 Praetorian55
Msg: 91 (view)

Posted: 5/12/2010 10:27:17 PM

Unless these women who get dates here are only dating other women then doesn't that mean that the guys are getting dates too...

Depends on how many women there are in the active dating pool versus men. I'm guessing that PoF has a surplus of men, so some guys are going to be home on saturday night.
 Praetorian55

Who Pays?
Posted: 5/11/2010 3:34:46 PM
If she pays i'll feel like a Gigolo and I don't want to be a man-whore.
 Praetorian55

Posted: 5/10/2010 9:35:40 PM
itsallinthesoul

Thank you for the most excellent reply. I'm certainly not trying to be provocative here. You hit the nail on the head when you said it's like a yin/yang situation. Often our partners excel in the areas that we are deficient. While I feel that men are more analytical it can be both and advantage and disadvantage given the context.

I once sat, jaw on the floor, and listened to a friend and co-worker of mine tell me on his wedding night that his wife was the type you marry and there were other women that you just did the "do" with. Even as a married man! I thought to myself "how could you sit here and marry this woman knowing you won't be faithful" and years later it dawned on me that his perception of marriage and casual sex were so abstracted he had rationalized it long ago.

Being ex military there's also a sort of disconnect with emotion and the job at hand. You know that you will be put in harm's way and that the threat on the other side doesn't know you or really even want to do you harm but they are encumbered by the same will to survive and get home to family and friends and they too are disconnected from the emotional gravity of the situation.

I don't think women have to analyze things as much and choose to view things more holistically while men may tend to over analyze and limit their scope. It's hard to paint with a broad brush here though and exceptions will always apply.

I do believe that the genders are complementary and neither is from Venus or Mars javascript:smilie('')

Praetorian55
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 5/10/2010 6:52:40 PM
I've always thought that men were the more analytically gifted as compared to women. Perhaps this is sexist of me
and wishful thinking because I am a male. but that is open to discussion. In my own personal experiences, conversations
with my male friends about many subjects, the males seemed to have more of a sound and logical basis forming their reasons
than many of my female friends. It's almost as if males , through nature or nurture, have to remove emotion (some not all) and
build their foundation for the way they feel in. Almost like solving a math problem using methodical ways. My female friends seem less analytical in this area but more cognizant of the emotional impact of a given subject. I've females friends that never cease
to astound me at the level in which they communicate though often it's difficult to to understand their analytical foundation.

The reason why I put this in the science section is not because I wish to start a Gender Battle but rather to, hopefully, gain some
insight as to what others feel and perhaps hint of texts that have been written about this subject. Men and women certainly
approach subjects from different angles and I'm curious as to if there's scientific reasoning behind this or are we just
cultured to behave in this manner through upbringing or societal norms and pressures.

If you have a thought about this please respond with opinions, anecdotes or whatever. If you're bored ..sorry I'll try
harder next time.

P55
 Praetorian55
Msg: 31 (view)

The Dumbing Down Of America
Posted: 5/9/2010 11:05:29 PM
There's really lack of a need to be intelligent.

We have created a society that no longer follows Darwinian philosophy. If you don't want to work it's ok you will still eat
and be sheltered in many countries and will not die.

Everything is mechanized and produced for you. You simply need to be a cog in the wheel and earn money to further consume.
Intelligence has little bearing on how rich you'll be (See G.W. Bush for example) provided you are not at the very low end of the spectrum.

Society is based on a foundation of race & religion , not intelligence. People are defined by their skin coloring and religious affiliation far more than their intelligence quotient.

In short ...we don't even care that we're not intelligent anymore because few see the value in being intelligent.

P55
 Praetorian55
Msg: 69 (view)

You have 30 Minutes To Impress Me!
Posted: 5/9/2010 10:48:08 PM
Well the next questions should be "Well what impresses you?"

I've got no problem with her having a time limit but please define the terms. What's impressive
and what's not?

I suppose if a woman said that to me I'd begin to start looking at other areas where she may be a tad
narcissistic.

The real question is whether or not a man's got the stomach to deal with a "me me me" woman. In the end you may
find yourself happier with a slightly more grounded woman.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 5/5/2010 11:31:47 AM
PoF = legions of truly screwed up women amongst some good ones.

Buyer beware.
 Praetorian55

Need quick advise
Posted: 5/4/2010 11:10:29 PM

Thanks for all the post. The night is over and our day is over. She needs a friend and I am that friend, but that didn't stop me from expressing how I felt.

On to the next Target!

Go get'em tiger!

I'm all for being friends with someone you care for but don't let that deter you from your mission.
 Praetorian55

Posted: 5/4/2010 11:04:39 PM
Easy answer

PoF is a sausage fest. Pure and simple. It's like being in remote Alaska where there are 10 guys for every women.
This is the place for unattractive women to come and actually get some attention for a change.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 47 (view)

Am I the only one turned off by technology?
Posted: 5/4/2010 7:19:31 PM
The gadgets keep the excitement going long after your woman stops putting out and starts the nag fest. For some of us men it's out only escape.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 24 (view)

Boxing anyone
Posted: 5/4/2010 2:03:58 PM
Cotto cannot beat Mayweather . Not even close. I've seen Cotto staggered by too many guys (Chop Chop Corely, Ricardo Torres, Pacman)

Pacman is the only guy right now close to Mayweather that has a chance and he won't take a GD piss test to make millions. That's ducking. If you got nothing to hide take the test.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 8 (view)

Competiveness in males evolving?
Posted: 5/3/2010 4:49:16 PM
Men have got 'nothing on women with regard to competitiveness.

nuff said
 Praetorian55
Msg: 4 (view)

So FREE isn't quite what its cracked up to be
Posted: 5/3/2010 4:47:12 PM
Uh that wasn't an offer

I figured I'd impart some skanky style to the testimonials section. That place needs a bit humor. All the griping and complaining over there is like a room full of starving lawyers.

Personally I think they should set me up with my own forum so that I can help some of these troubled souls navigate their way through the choppy waters of dating and finding fish.

When you're this sexy and brilliant you gotta pass the goodness around.

Hey glad that you found someone special (hope he's not a Yankees fan). I'm sure he's an astute fellow
as he knows his woman's a gun toting legal beagle. If you ended up on Snapped ...you'd probably beat the
charge :P

P55 - skank'n out.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 5/3/2010 4:38:15 PM

I'm not turned off by technology... I just don't know how to use it.

When I returned to school, I didn't know how to turn the computer on without wine and candles... but the floppy disks weren't floppy anymore. First 2 cellphones I had, I didn't know how to speed dial or program things into them... then I got a crackberry. It uses voice dialing... but it doesn't speak English and #@#$%$ is not a recognized command. I still don't really know what a browser is outside of a store and cookies just make me hungry... We finally got a video game thingy... a Wii. All I do is use the dance feature... even Bingo gives me a rash... I have a radio in my car, but haven't "tuned" it... I can listen to 2 different stations at once if I hit the right areas... and I like the commercials plus they tell me the weather... I don't have HD tv - mine all have big backs on them... I figured if someone wanted to steal my tv, I'd hold the door for them... if they can lift it - it's the size of a buick... the old buicks, you know the steel tanks, not that polymer crap... I don't have a GPS - I like getting lost. If you do it enough, you know where you're going eventually. Think I'll wait out the Blu-ray craze, I'm just getting use to the dvd player... finally figured out how to program a vcr.

Like I said, I don't mind technology.

First off....OMG I just LOVED you in Sex & the City. Miranda's my all time fave!

Holy Hell don't remind of the dark days of flashing 12:00 and tape period (shudder) I try not to gorge myself on tech but it's like leaving the mob "just when I thought I was out....they pulled me back in....with a new toy"

Hell I'm a slave to technology...might as well admit it.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 21 (view)

Boxing anyone
Posted: 5/3/2010 4:08:28 PM
Cotto vs Mayweather - Floyd in a landslide
Mayweather vs Pacman - Mayweather UD (Pacman's too small)

Andre Ward vs Kessler - Ward ...Kessler struggles with speed (see Calzhage fight)
Klitchko vs anyone - Klitchko as the rest of the HW division are a bunch of tomato cans.

Jermain Taylor vs Concussion - Concussion wins by KO.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 6 (view)

Competiveness in males evolving?
Posted: 5/3/2010 3:50:46 PM
I don't want to chew a fellow man's balls off but yeah there's a lot of competition.

Like if I see some dude over at the dumbbell rack struggling with 30lb weights I'll go walk up right next to
him and grab some 45lb weights and start pumpin' them out. This is my totally pathetic and passive agressive
way of exerting my dominance over him.

If course if he gets into a BMW 6 series and blows my Honda's doors he's evened things up. It really sucks being a guy
sometimes (like 1%, the rest of the 99% is cherry)
 Praetorian55
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 5/3/2010 3:44:00 PM
OK WHO THE F**** ARE YOU TO TEASE ME ABOUT MY BLUETOOTH EARPIECE WHEN I'M RISKING A GD BRAIN TUMOR TO KEEP YOU SAFE WHEN I'M BEHIND THE WHEEL. THERES A SILVER LINING TO EVERY CLOUD AND A DAMN TELEPHONE WITH GPS COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE.

That guy that got lost and frozen like a popsicle would have been alive had he had a freaking GPS in his phone. Stop hating ...guys need entertainment. Trust me you're gonna be bored our your freakin' mind after 10 years of the same guy. Enjoy your free time because we don't do nothing but get crankier and more sedentary as we get older. You're gonna wish your man would STFU for a change and pick his phone up or play a GD game.

ker'plunk my $.02

P55
 Praetorian55
Msg: 3 (view)

My Success Story
Posted: 5/3/2010 3:11:55 PM
I'm getting a feeling this is an "The Proposal" situation. I'm sending over an immigration agent at once.

jk

Congrats. And Canada cheated us in Hockey and for that I'm boycotting your bacon. :P
 Praetorian55
Msg: 26 (view)

Are Sex Personal Sites For Real?
Posted: 5/3/2010 3:07:47 PM
Yes they are real and so are the STI you will get from screwing around with dem folks.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 4 (view)

It's not POF its YOU!
Posted: 5/3/2010 3:06:51 PM
It is NOT me! That's a bunch of BS.

PoF's main issue is this.

Most of us honed our skills as young males in "real" social meat markets. Thus many of us got used to actually being able to hold a halfway decent (at least we thought) conversation while being drunk as skunks.

Here on PoF everything so .....so....so Sober. Ewww.

If most of these women came on here drunk like they were back in the old days of Party Life our "hit" rate would be skyrocketing but sadly many have matured and no longer like the beer/liquor breath, brash behaviour and drunk dials. Sigh. Getting older sucks.

But don't blame me..I'm keeping my youth ..as long as I can...burp.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 11 (view)

TOO MANY FISH IN THE SEA!!
Posted: 5/3/2010 3:02:30 PM
We're not single...we're just "accepting applications"
 Praetorian55
Msg: 22 (view)

The site sucks , bottom line .
Posted: 5/3/2010 3:01:02 PM

I'm not even looking for anything and I've met about a dozen women off here.

What's your "bang" percentage about 60%? I figure at least 20% of the women gave it up the first date. 10% the second date and the final 30% gave it up the third or fourth date.

That's not bad ...7 new notches on the bed post.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 5/3/2010 2:39:01 PM

this belongs in the testimonial forum.

Oh, and sour grapes. It couldn't possibly be your horrible profile.

I'm not a sour grapes kind of guy and testimonials aren't my bag. I'm sorry you didn't like
my profile however if I had written my profile in a manner that I "thought" would please
the majority of women passing through it would mean that I was behaving in an inauthentic
manner. Eventually we "all" have to live up to the lofty words we put in our mostly fictitious
bio.

Sex appeal doesn't come in prose or happy photographs it comes in the way you carry yourself. Dating online
is like muting 2 of your 5 senses and expecting a happy outcome.

Not being a debbie downer just pointing out my thoughts, concerns and allegations. BTW you free on Friday Cynthia?
 Praetorian55
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 5/2/2010 6:44:56 PM
I will be eternally thankful for PoF proving one thing and one thing only to me.
The whole excuse about "well If I was a paying member I'd be dating like crazy"
excuse has flown out the window.

I've done the whole gamut of dating sites and the paid ones are always the same.
A majority are non paying lurkers, a minority are paying members. So when you're
a paid member it always seems like it's difficult to contact non paying members.

Or so it seemed....

PoF proves that the issue with dating isn't "paid vs free" it's people sitting on their hands
and not getting out of their comfort zone enough to go date.

Thank you PoF for illuminating this for me. The info you've provided is priceless.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 23 (view)

Which is better a Palm Pre or an I-phone?
Posted: 4/28/2010 11:38:07 AM
European style cellular for the win.

Seriously man. No tethering on AT&T ? It's definitely an oligarchy here in the US.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 20 (view)

Good lord don't even look at the Palm Pre
Posted: 4/27/2010 2:26:00 PM

iPhones just aint that great!
iTunes is really quite appaling at managing your music too, it can be very cosly if you have a problem with your library...

And as for apps there are so many its hard to imagine... theres Windows Phone Market Place and about 190,000 other developers out there who have at least one app to offer if not more.
But remember how many of those iPhone apps are completely pointless, like the glass of beer!!
I mean who is the better for having that installed out side of a 6year olds tea party!

Dont build the iPhone up to be a super phone, because it aint even close!
On a level playing field it comes somewhere in the middle at best ;)

I think 8.75 million iPhone purchasers last quarter (including myself) would disagree with you assertion. I've been using iTunes since the first version and never had a problem with music management or anything else. It's a bit old in the tooth but a new version comes out in September annually now and improvements always come. I don't know of a better solution for managing ones "digital media lifestyle"

If Windows Mobile Market was so create with so many developers then why did the platform lose 4% share?
http://techcrunch.com/2010/04/05/comscore-android-market-share-continues-to-gain-on-the-iphone/

Google Android gained 5.2% which likely came at the expense of defecting Windows Mobile fans. Again as I've said before their
new Mobile 7 OS is going to be delivered missing basic features like "Cut, Copy & Paste". What exactly is someone's impetus for choosing Win Mobile over iPhone, Blackberry or Android? What's more pathetic is that Android is available on every US carrier versus the iPhone being available on AT&T only. The minute the iPhone comes to Verizon and perhaps another US carrier the ballgame changes again.

The HTC D2 looks good but "again" the 3Gs iPhone is being replaced in two months. The likely successor is going to be the same A4 chip which is powering the iPad now (which performs fantastically). Here's a breakdown of how Apple has been able to optimize their software platform to eek out performance.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3633/apples-a4-soc-faster-than-snapdragon

Here I'll summarize the comparison between the A4 iPad running at 1Ghz vs the 1Ghz Snapdragon in that HTC D2

All times in seconds
Load Anandtech.com - iPad 6.2 / Snapdragon 8.8 iPad is 41% faster
Load Digg.com - iPad 10.6 / Snapdragon 11.5 iPad is 8.7% faster
Load Tomshardware.com - iPad 7.9 / Snapdragon 8.6 iPad is 8.7% faster
Load Arstechnica.com- iPad 7.8 / Snapdragon 11 iPad is 39.9% faster
Load Legitreviews.com - iPad 6.8 / Snapdragon 8.6 iPad is 26% faster
Load Techreport.com - iPad 3.7/ Snapdragon 4.2 iPad is 11.6% faster
Load Engadget.com - iPad 13.8 / Snapdragon 22 iPad is 59% faster
Load Gizmodo.com - iPad 14.1/ Snapdragon 16.7 iPad is 18.5 % faster
Load m.cnn.com - iPad 3 / Snapdragon is 2.6 iPad is 11.8% slower

Keep in mind this not only a test of the CPU but the whole software stack. Both platforms could in fact
improve or degrade with future updates but it illustrates that you cannot take process performance as a straight
value. The software running is equally important and Apple's iPhone OS performs very well. Expect to see an A4
based iPhone with this 1Ghz processor, 5MP camera with LED flash, forward facing camera for webcam and more in the
next iPhone along with iPhone OS 4.

I'm not building the iPhone up...I don't have to. It's a good phone. My 3Gs has been ultra stable. It's almost hard to believe that
Apple has only been making phones for 4 years or so because the iPhone feels so mature.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 18 (view)

Good lord don't even look at the Palm Pre
Posted: 4/26/2010 5:34:18 PM
Sigh ..

Wide dynamic range of "actual" tech knowledge in here. Your friend almost told you to buy a phone from a company that's up for sale and likely dead.

http://mashable.com/2010/04/12/palm-sale/

How does your friend recommend you buy a phone from a company that openly put itself on the market and just lost their head of software and services

http://techcrunch.com/2010/04/19/twitter-palm-abbott-pass-cto/

Put a fork in them they're done.

As for Apple they're on the precipice of their largest mobile OS upgrade since the creation of the platform. Here are some of the features coming in iPhone OS 4.0 presumably coming in June

http://www.apple.com/iphone/preview-iphone-os/

Multitasking - go ahead and run multiple apps including GPS, Skype or games. It's easy to switch back and forth between them without eating up your battery or slowing down the foreground application.

Folders - Android has folders but the next iPhone's folders are superior. You can place up to twelve apps into a folder that shows mini icons and smartly labels them (productivity, finance, business or whatever you want) . Clicking on the folder springs the folder open and gives you one tap access to launch the app of choice.

Unified email inbox - Coalesce multiple email accounts into one single email box that maintains email threads.

This is just a sampling. There are over 100 new features and 1500 new "toys" for the developers to play with. Keep in mind that while some people are saying you must use iTunes the real question is "what's wrong with that?". iTunes allows you to play music, download videos, Books , podcasts and manage your apps. There's nothing out there easier IMO.

The real kicker is this.

Palm Pre - less than 20 thousand applications and they're all web based.
Android - 50 thousand applications
iPhone - 190 thousand applications.

If you want choice (who doesn't) the platform to go with is the iPhone if your carrier of choice carries it. The iPhone has the smoothest OS going and come June it erases any technical advantage that any phone has today. Windows Mobile coming out doesn't even do "Cut Copy and Paste" LOL.

I would summarize like this.

If you're tweaky and kind of one of those libertarian/geeky folks that love Linux and open source stuff. Get an Android phone

If you're a no fuss person that just wants to pull your phone out of your pocket ..fire up the apps and get some work done. If you eventually see yourself getting a tablet computer like the iPad (www.apple.com/ipad) then get an iPhone. All of your apps will automatically work on the iPad. I have one and it's really cool and a lot of apps I buy work on the iPad and the iPhone with just one download.
 Praetorian55

Profile feedback for an educated, athletic, kind man
Posted: 2/26/2010 8:37:05 AM
Michael

Your profile is fine. The issues you see here on PoF with the lack of responses is shared by many of us men and women who are/were actively looking for a potential mate.

There seems to be a contingent of people on PoF that just want to enter some dreamy state and wax on about dating but never actually do it. So get some of these people in orbit and they make like they're ready to date and then here comes the wishy washy noncomittal attitudes.

There are many good men and women here on this site getting buried beneath this "crust" of people who are online for ego stroking, fun or whatever.

The common refrain will be "well she's/he's not that into you" . Most of us are cool with that but tell me sans the passive/aggressive BS.

I'm tired of the excuses and subterfuge. That's why I'm here having fun in the forums. No pic (cause it really doesn't matter) and the next woman I meet will be the old fashioned way where I can see her body language and style in living color.
 Praetorian55

Who Pays?
Posted: 2/24/2010 9:12:23 AM
I pay

Typically I'm the one who asked for the date so I'm going to pay. If she offers to pay I'll decline but if she re-iterates that she wants to pay then I'm not going to get into an awkward situation and tell her no again.

I think paying for dates is good from a male perspective. It lets me know in honesty how I feel about this woman i'm dating. If she feels like a financial burden then she's clearly not the one and it's time to move on. But if I'm jazzed about her ...the money means little.

That being said I'm not taking women to El Gaucho on the first date either.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 41 (view)

Definition of Spark
Posted: 2/16/2010 1:17:12 PM
It means do you want to jump our bones by the end of the date.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 8 (view)

results not matching
Posted: 2/16/2010 11:19:35 AM
I don't know how they're going to match people.

It's more about matching lies, distortions and false internal perceptions than actually matching personalities.
 Praetorian55

why not take a chance?
Posted: 2/16/2010 9:37:13 AM
I think you should take a chance and get out there and do different things. Try meetup.com for non dating activities and if you attend enough chances are you'll end up having that special woman fall into your lap.

Also ...get in better shape. There's no excuse to be carrying extra weight.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 116 (view)

Is there anyone out there that would date shorter men
Posted: 2/15/2010 11:09:45 PM
Online dating is probably not the best avenue for the height challenged.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 148 (view)

short women/tall men
Posted: 2/15/2010 10:39:44 AM
Guys let's not skew things too much.

The height thing is just one of many requirements/preferences for daters of both genders. I'm of average height and haven't had many problems dating. You will see plenty of frustrated guys who are 6ft and above.

We as people, if asked, want EVERYTHING and if that is not attainable then we follow our own internal pecking order. Height is always there and for some people/gender it's more important than others.

I think a man should be a Caveman. Weak, effeminate men have never been largely desired by the large populace of women. I've lost more opportunity by not being agressive, assertive or whatever you want to call it.

Truth is the avg woman has "offers" frequently meaning that the guy that stands out is going to be special in some area. Man up and discover what makes you special and build off of that.

If a woman doesn't like me because my head isn't a few more inches off the ground there's 3 billion other women out there to meet.
 Praetorian55

results not matching
Posted: 2/15/2010 10:29:24 AM
The matches are all over the place.

But then again few really date on PoF anyways LOL.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 417 (view)

How do you feel about interacial dating?
Posted: 2/10/2010 10:10:04 AM
DeltaDallas

Interesting discussions. I think the first gal is pretty young. My best friend is white and he's like a brother to me. Depends on where you live on how accepting your family is going to be about dating outside of the race but I think she's using the "racist" angle as an excuse for why she's focusing on one type of guy.

The second couple...I'm not sure if his family is upset because he's with a black woman or upset because he's investing his money into a relationship that may not have any payoff. If it were my son in this situation i'd be concerned too.

And I agree that no woman is a status symbol or man for that matter based on race alone for most people. Though I will admit that a lot of people go through periods of their life where they perceive it as a status symbol. I remember being in 7th grade and a white gal liked me and I thought that was something because I had grown up in Eastern WA where white girls didn't bring home anyone not white.
 Praetorian55

Stand up! I wanna see you!
Posted: 2/9/2010 9:51:03 AM
I don't know. His bedside manner needs work but I think you're being a bit sensitive here.

The web is artificial and some people just want to see you and not just a "talking head". I'm not really a believer in dating "gimped"
meaning "if you don't feel at your best ...deal with the obstacles in your path before dating"

I don't date seriously until i'm physically fit and feeling confident. That way you never take things wrongly.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 135 (view)

short women/tall men
Posted: 2/8/2010 5:03:12 PM
The phenomenon primarily exists online.

It is here where there's an endless stream of men to "seemingly" choose from and thus women make think "why not have what I want"

But we know the drill. Getting the guy/gal is a lot easier than "keeping" the guy/gal.

How many times have we heard on TV "When's George Clooney going to settle down?"

Ummmmmmmmm. How about NEVER. The only thing better than a woman...is a new woman. The only leverage a woman really
has on a eligible bachelor is if she finds one who wants a family.

Men, at large, are cool with casual sex. Yeah we all tell ourselves we should "settle down" but we all miss the chase. Chasing women brings the "thrill of victory or the agony of defeat"

So really what incentive do highly desirable men (Tall Dark and Handsome) have to "settle down"? I guess that varies.

Show ALL Forums