Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Spooked by single (Never Married)
 stoneside
Msg: 59 (view)

Spooked by single (Never Married)
Posted: 3/19/2007 7:29:26 AM
Just because I've never been married does mean I haven't had a long term GF.
Not to mention not sure why a person that had a marriage that didn't work out would be better than a person who hasn't gone though that.
 stoneside
Msg: 10 (view)

What should a girl wear on the first date
Posted: 3/19/2007 7:22:01 AM
How about whatever makes her feel comfortable with herself.
 stoneside
Msg: 2 (view)

my life on hold ....need your opinion
Posted: 2/13/2007 4:24:44 PM
Thinking it's time for you to move on. At best she's keeping you around till she finds another guy. At worst she's waiting for you to break up with her.
 stoneside
Msg: 8 (view)

I want to hear about your experiences
Posted: 2/9/2007 2:52:20 PM
Hmmmm. Got my ashes hauled once. lol

That was fun.
 stoneside
Msg: 17 (view)

OK guys,,, what the heck!?!?!
Posted: 2/9/2007 2:50:32 PM
Life does tend to get in the way of things from time to time. Just cus a person doesn't call right away doesn't mean he/she is married. Am I sensing bitterness on the site? lol
 stoneside

Sexual Taboos in Germany?
Posted: 2/9/2007 2:41:15 PM
I spent some time there while in the army. They are far more open sexually than us. The women even more so. I once flirted with a german woman that didn't speak any english and I don't speak German. We got an Italian guy who spoke German and English to translate for us. You'll have a great time.
 stoneside

why are women so attracted to wedding rings?
Posted: 2/9/2007 2:35:27 PM
Women want what other women have, lol. That's why.
 stoneside
Msg: 64 (view)

People Have Needs Sexually
Posted: 1/30/2007 1:07:45 PM
Almost all "needs" are subjective, other than basic necessities. All we "need" is what our body require to exist. Those are our only REAL "needs". But all of us have our own private list of "needs", things each person "needs" to make life worth living. The things we require to be able to get out of bed each day. Without those "needs" we wouldn't get out of bed each day. We "need" the will to go on. That will isn't based on just survival. Our bodies can go on with very little, our will to live (without which we wouldn't continue life) transform our "wants" into "needs".
 stoneside
Msg: 13 (view)

men in uniforms
Posted: 1/30/2007 10:17:36 AM
OP to answer your question let me say this.....

I wish I had kept my combats from when I was in the army, lol.
 stoneside
Msg: 57 (view)

People Have Needs Sexually
Posted: 1/30/2007 10:11:26 AM
The question being is "want" less important than "need". I for one want and need to live life. Surviving isn't enough for me. Do I go though life saying I don't need something or do I go though life saying I want something so I need it. Desires are there for a reason. That reason is so that those desires can be enjoyed.
 stoneside
Msg: 3 (view)

Can he be the best, if you dont get off?
Posted: 1/30/2007 9:44:59 AM
Thinking the question should be, WHY don't you get off if the connection is so good.
 stoneside
Msg: 22 (view)

meeting just for agreed upon sex
Posted: 1/30/2007 9:43:52 AM
Yeppers, I've done that a couple times. I have a few chat buddies from here. If a lady and I are attracted to each other but are looking for different things, we become chat buddies. I've had a lady or two that was looking for "long term" and while I wasn't, we ended up chat buddies. Then one day when we're chatting she'd ask me if I wanted to meet up for sex. We had chatted for awhile. Nothing sexual in it, just friendly chat. It was explained to me like this. We had been chatting for months. I was respectful and funny. We got along great. Just looking for different things. Finding the "one" it seems is hard to do. So she hasn't had sex in awhile cus of that. She horny but refuses to just have sex with some random guy from here or from a bar. She liked me and felt a bond of trust. The first time this happened it floored me, didn't expect it at all. We meet, we had some pretty damn good sex. Then we went to being freinds. It amazing what can happen when two people have respect for each other. It's not the same with the woman I'm with now, not nearly as deep but was great for what it was.
 stoneside

FIRST DATE
Posted: 1/30/2007 9:15:03 AM
I'm brave and stuff so when/if I go to meet a lady I might be intertested in, I think of it as of a "date". If I'm going for a "meeting" I wear a tie and bring my briefcase. A Date is alot more fun than a meeting if you ask me.
 stoneside
Msg: 27 (view)

if 'hun' sounds boring
Posted: 1/29/2007 4:48:59 PM
I've never been a big fan of "Master" Diamonds, lol. I prefer "Sir" or "Teacher". *wink*
 stoneside
Msg: 6 (view)

Friend threatens you to stay away because of a new relationship
Posted: 1/29/2007 10:32:30 AM
Sounds like you got an easy out of a bad situation.
 stoneside
Msg: 15 (view)

if 'hun' sounds boring
Posted: 1/29/2007 10:29:25 AM
Sir works, lol.

If it's a sub, dom sort of thing.
 stoneside
Msg: 66 (view)

Submissiveness
Posted: 1/25/2007 10:53:27 AM
I'm a Dom by nature. Every woman I've been with seems to have been Submissive to some degree. From women that just want the guy to take the lead in the bedroom to wanting the full journey and being trained. Only the degree seems to change. After all the Sub has all the power, the power of "yes" or "no". I do feel that to be a good "Teacher" you must have been the "student" at some point. How can you "Teach" if you don't know what it's like to be a student. Alot of people seem to think being a Dom means you get what you want whenever you want it. That's not what it's about.
 stoneside
Msg: 8 (view)

When do you consider yourself to be in a serious relationship
Posted: 1/13/2007 6:49:08 PM
When she asks "Which drawers in the dresser are mine?". lol
 stoneside
Msg: 18 (view)

Weird but true
Posted: 1/13/2007 1:11:38 PM
Ummm, didn't have sex on the mind? Not sure how THAT happens lol
 stoneside
Msg: 10 (view)

your so lucky *alarm bells
Posted: 1/12/2007 8:42:08 PM
Smile and say "Yeah, I know" why would anybody think of saying or doing anything else.

*not seeing anything ugly on your end UK* lol
 stoneside
Msg: 14 (view)

Can he taste the spermicide?
Posted: 1/12/2007 8:38:05 PM
Ask a question get a sermon eh OP, lol.

I'd think you taking a quick trip to the bathroom after having a good oral pleasing would be the best choice OP, I'm a condom man so I don't know how that stuff tastes but it can't be a good thing.
 stoneside
Msg: 14 (view)

The issue is Sex when you meet
Posted: 1/12/2007 8:31:20 PM
Guys like sex. lol

I've been in a long term where the sexual needs didn't match. After we broke up a few years ago (not for sexual reason's) I decided that I wanted to be with a lady who looks for the same things as me from sex. Therefore having sex fairly soon works for me. If being able to enjoy each other in bed is high on your "list" of things to look for in a mate why not find out right away.

Just because a guy wants to bed a lady, when both people are attracted to each other, doesn't mean he's just looking to get off. Might just mean he's fun in bed and is looking for a lady that is also playful.

Sure doesn't rule out long term.
 stoneside

Get a phone number; ok to call?
Posted: 1/6/2007 8:12:54 PM
I don't understand. A woman who likes you gives you her phone number and then got mad that you called her? How do you ask if it's ok to call her if you don't call her in the first place? Why would a woman give you her number and not want you to call her? If she was upset you called the number that she gave you, why did she then go out with you?

Edit: I've never seen a thread about a woman giving a guy her number and then being upset he called.
 stoneside
Msg: 42 (view)

To find a woman you need time and money
Posted: 12/25/2006 10:14:39 AM
To find a partner, you do need time. How many people want a person that doesn't have time to spend with them. Money? It's helpful but not a "must have".
 stoneside

Waiting till after New Years to say goodbye.....
Posted: 12/25/2006 10:03:28 AM
The male of the profile say's....

I was once in the same position. Except it was a long term relationship comming to an end. It made for a very rough Holiday for me but worth it, I just couldn't end "us" just before the Holidays. I don't know if it made things easier for her or not, I hope it did.
 stoneside
Msg: 16 (view)

The best kissers- I get HUGE COMPLIMENTS that I am one those ppl
Posted: 12/24/2006 10:32:06 AM
We much prefer kissing sober people. If the other person is drunk it tends to be a sloppy kiss, kissing is one of our fav. things so we do it rather well.
 stoneside

First Contact
Posted: 12/19/2006 11:20:47 AM
Mention one thing yousaw in their profile to show them you read it. Aside from that try to make them laugh.
 stoneside
Msg: 47 (view)

best ways to get even with your ex
Posted: 12/18/2006 7:27:46 PM
Sleep with her sister and best friend. (makes note not to date a woman who's best friend is a guy)
 stoneside
Msg: 9 (view)

Need some advice on asking out my masseuse!
Posted: 12/18/2006 6:03:24 PM
It would be very hard to ask her out. I'm sure she's hit on all the time at work. I'd suggest not asking her out, not in the normal way. I'd just see if I could get her to just like me. Make her laugh, listen to her, get her to talk. Then see where it goes.
 stoneside
Msg: 3 (view)

Conversation just for the sake of it
Posted: 12/18/2006 5:50:11 PM
Of all the people I've met in person from here, about half listed "friends" or "e-mail/chat" on thier profiles and I'm pretty sure most of those people would never have talked to me if I had told them I'm not looking to meet. I learned long ago that what a person lists as to what they are looking for, means very little by itself.

I was just thinking about something, why I started this thread. Most people on here list all the same things (inc. me lol) in their profiles. A great person that's honest and fun. I was thinking, if I were a "great peson" how would I look for another "great person". I'd talk to people, lol. Was just wondering to myself how many "great people" leave a dating site because hey have a hard time just starting conversations. Male and female "great people".

Anyway, this was my deep thinking for the month.
 stoneside

Posted: 12/18/2006 1:44:34 PM
Now I have another question from one of the responses, lol.

Wouldn't most of us prefer to to turn a frienship into a relationship, rather than just jumping straight into a relationship?
 stoneside
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 12/18/2006 1:24:55 PM
This is a two part question. First, would you chat with a person just for the sake of of having a conversation. No thought of dating this person, just to have somebody to learn about?

The second part is, I'd like to know how many people have been able to find chat buddies.

I just has somebody tell me we can't be chat buddies cus they're not attracted to me.
 stoneside
Msg: 52 (view)

Age gap...
Posted: 12/17/2006 3:58:44 PM
The age thing on here used to drive me nuts. In one day I was told I was too young, then 10 min later was told by a different lady that I was too old. lol

Both of these ladies were within 10 years of my age.
 stoneside
Msg: 4 (view)

What was the longest you ever waited to pick up your date?
Posted: 12/17/2006 3:44:33 PM
Sometimes people have good reason's for being late.
 stoneside

Might have been somewhat callous
Posted: 12/17/2006 3:36:54 PM
I would have done the same thing OP.
 stoneside
Msg: 23 (view)

Why so pushy?
Posted: 12/17/2006 2:04:24 PM
K, what you need to know about men.

Food
Washroom
Remote controll
Sex
Beer/Sports

The order changes but if you keep those in mind you pretty much know all you need to about men, lol.
 stoneside
Msg: 4 (view)

dealing with people who flirt with your special other
Posted: 12/17/2006 1:44:09 PM
I have no problem with somebody flirting with a S/O of mine. Making passes is a different story. Flirt is all good, asking out not so much.
 stoneside

What was the longest you ever waited to pick up your date?
Posted: 12/17/2006 1:38:34 PM
I guess you can say the longest I've waited for a date to show is 5 hours, lol. It was a first meeting. A lady at the bar came over and started talking to me after about 20 min. I ended up dating her for two months. Never did find out what happened to the other woman.
 stoneside
Msg: 52 (view)

Dinner With the Wicked Witch of the West
Posted: 12/17/2006 12:19:14 PM
Hmmm, since I don't judge other's for the way they lead thier life, not going to say alot about his style of dress. I do know this, a person that would meet somebody for the first time and unleash negitive feelings tend to be very insecure themselves. They are acting in a way they think other's would act with them. My guess is the "Wicked Witch" doesn't feel very good about herself. Putting others down tends to be a cheap way to feel good about yourself.

In reguards to the follow post, I was talking about meeting people for a drink. In truth I haven't met that many mass murders, lol. Call me crazy but I'm thinking meeting somebody for a drink is different than meeting mass murders. Not sure your example applies.
 stoneside
Msg: 15 (view)

length of email
Posted: 12/17/2006 12:06:07 PM
Yeah, nothing worse than guys that send long e-mails. Can you belive that some of these guys take the time to read a ladies profile. Try to find some common interests. They go on and on about themselves. Trying to convey a part of themselves to you. Sometimes they even want to learn more about you. The nerve of some guys.
 stoneside
Msg: 37 (view)

what is with women leaving things behind ?
Posted: 12/16/2006 10:14:31 PM
Drives me nuts when women do that. What I do is take an inventory of what they have with them when they come into my place. Then when she leaves 45 min later (hey I'm just THAT good of a lover lol) I use the inventory as a check list. Problem solved.
 stoneside
Msg: 139 (view)

What triggers you to run...
Posted: 12/16/2006 10:03:30 PM
A person with a gun pointed at me, never fails, I run like a rabbit.
 stoneside
Msg: 25 (view)

What is the problem?
Posted: 12/16/2006 9:50:29 PM
Tell the boy to stop beating off all day long.
 stoneside
Msg: 34 (view)

Okay already ? why is sex such a big issue really?
Posted: 12/16/2006 9:46:28 PM
I agree OP. That's why I'm cutting all the PoF ladies off. lol

No more earth shattering, mind blowing sex from me. All the ladies seem to want is hours and hours annnnd hours of sex. Whatever to growing a bond, a mutal respect for each other. Just being able to speand time toghter.

Who am I kidding. Sex anybody? I'm easy.
 stoneside

I want to know what you all think
Posted: 12/16/2006 8:15:21 PM
Ummm, he's a nutbar. No worries about not getting to meet him.
 stoneside
Msg: 9 (view)

working it out... still seeing other people... is it ok?
Posted: 12/16/2006 5:41:38 PM
You're handling it just fine. Nothing says " I still care for you" like having sex with another guy right after you say it. lol

And people say I'm sarcastic, personally I don't see it, lol.
 stoneside
Msg: 176 (view)

MASTERS OF THE GAME........
Posted: 12/16/2006 5:20:43 PM
K, I didn't read the whole thread. I'm just responding to the OP's post.

I will only try to speak to the male "Masters of the Game", I'm sure that both genders have them but it's easier to speak about the male type.

Do men say what they think the lady wants to hear, even if it's not the truth? You bet. Some guy sends 10,20, 30 e-mails. He gets one response. These are well written and thoughtfull e-mails we're talking about. All but the one lady that responds are "read/deleted". They chat for a bit. Get to know each other. This guy may know a little something about human nature. He's faced with a choice. Play up some things he knows the lady would like to hear or not do that. He knows that this lady is getting 10 or more e-mails a day from other guys all eager for her attention. What choice do you think this man will make?

A guy on the net has to make a good impression FAST. Now some guys do this with thier looks. I'm sure we've all seen the male and female profiles that say nothing. You know "ask me", but they are good looking. I chat buddy of mine showed me a message sent to her from a guy on here. The message was "hey lets chat". My first thought was that this guy couldn't be doing very well on here. His profile was about as charming as his e-mail. Guess what, he was on 70 fav lists. Women and men are both shallow when it comes to looks it seems.

So, here's this guy, he's not ugly but he's not GQ either. He has to impress with his words not his looks and he has to do if fast. Have the other person thinking "wow, this guy has something I've been looking for". If he doesn't get the other person thinking that in a e-mail, maybe two, she will move on. Either to another guy who does give that impression to her or to that guy who is GQ.

I won't go though all 2 plus years of dating I've done on here but.....
I've learned alot. I've met alot of great ladies. I have far less bad dates to talk about than most people seem to have. The way you have to go about to get those dates though is almost all negitive. This is fast food dating.
 stoneside

How Low would you go?? Public affection!!
Posted: 12/16/2006 11:47:27 AM
Aslong as it's a place where kids won't be seeing. I will and have gone all the way in public. It's fun, you should try it.
 stoneside

I have to DRIVE the car..........oh no!
Posted: 12/13/2006 12:04:49 PM
Don't think this is going to be popular but what the heck..... lol

I've found that when I have "put the lady in the drivers seat" she gets bored. Starts thinking I'm a "nice guy" and finds a guy with more of an "edge".

If I guy isn't trying to seduce a lady first she starts to wonder what's wrong with herself, then she starts to wonder what's wrong with him. Most women just seem to prefer that the guy show's he wants the lady by trying to bed her.
 stoneside
Msg: 6 (view)

Has anyone thought..
Posted: 11/25/2006 9:44:29 PM
I carry over the lessions learned not the baggage. I'm very happy with myself.

You get burned cus that's the way life is, you take the good with the bad. After all, if it weren't for the bad things that happened, the good things wouldn't be as good anymore. Now would they.

Show ALL Forums