Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Passive-aggressive humor?
 buckets_of_sky
Msg: 12 (view)

Passive-aggressive humor?
Posted: 5/29/2013 1:59:25 PM
You don't need to apologize for what you 'feel' is passive aggressive behavior, it is your perspective and therefore valid, at least to you, especially since it you that will bear the responsibility of the over all experience.

If you are asking the inhabitants of POFland what our opinion is, we aren't shy about sharing , as you can tell there are as many. If they differ, well so what? It matters only how this fellow makes you feel and you need to go with that. I am a believer, that what one feels is important and probably should be heeded or at least acknowledged on some level, such as you have here. Listen to your intuition. So there you have it one more opinion.
 buckets_of_sky
Msg: 6 (view)

New Respectable Advertisements
Posted: 5/22/2013 4:46:33 PM
I guess my 'ad blocker' is still working just fine, no ad for young hot firemen or groceries.
 buckets_of_sky
Msg: 8 (view)

Why is it that...?
Posted: 5/1/2013 6:55:06 PM
What!?! No trout faces?
 buckets_of_sky
Msg: 16 (view)

Shy men are a waste of time?
Posted: 4/23/2013 10:16:58 PM
^^^^ amen Christ on a Crutch.

If you find such men so tiresome and tedious perhaps steering clear of them would be the charitable thing to do. Or perhaps you could put in a bit more of the work yourself and find out that they are in fact a great guy, it just may take them a while before they can get comfortable with you.
 buckets_of_sky
Msg: 3 (view)

Rejecting others because of our own faults?
Posted: 4/18/2013 7:22:08 PM
Oh OP I so understand where you are coming from. I don't like men with delicate features, feminine voice or mannerisms, yeah they are totally non negotiable. I am a bit ashamed of that but oh well, that is how I roll. Not because I am not feminine, because I never thought that I have many masculine attributes, though I don't have petite features either and am sorta tall, well for a woman that is. I just want my men to be manly, probably because that was how the important men in my life have been .
 buckets_of_sky
Msg: 10 (view)

I need some advice
Posted: 4/16/2013 3:33:03 PM
This guy is telling (showing) you what he is and how he feels about you, and you are failing to see that. Stop obsessing, it is keeping you from moving on and finding someone that will give you what you want. Your choice.
 buckets_of_sky
Msg: 12 (view)

How do you view relationships and intamcey?
Posted: 4/16/2013 3:27:20 PM

I want them for their heart.

So what do you do with the rest of the body?

No, you don't want more than the average person, you are a mere mortal that wants his cake and eat it too. You are pretty much looking for what most all of us are looking for; that perfect person for us. However, what you are failing to grasp is saying you want a women for their heart and laying down all that other heavy stuff right out of the gate is, well, that comes across rather creepy, needy or just plain weird. As been mentioned a million times or more, you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find your princess (prince), there is leg work to do, you have to put your heart out there and you have to listen to your inner voice.

If all we had to do is ask for what we wanted and got it, well there wouldn't be the need for POF or other site like it. It just doesn't work that way.
 buckets_of_sky
Msg: 44 (view)

Facebook and Women
Posted: 4/16/2013 3:06:36 PM
^^^^ HA! *snort*, that's rich.
 Buckets_of_Sky

Soo I feel like I want to cry but somehow I cant even get my eyes to respond
Posted: 4/11/2013 8:58:43 PM
Ahhh shucks, POF can be mighty hard on ones ego. Buck up mister, you aren't alone in your findings. I know I am not your target but I think you are attractive so that probably isn't the reason. Take your profile over to the review section, yours could use a bit of help.
 Buckets_of_Sky
Msg: 7 (view)

Facebook and Women
Posted: 4/8/2013 7:50:57 PM
So just how many 'friends' does this women have, 10, 50, 500? Some people love to bump up their 'friend' count, it an ego thing, perhaps you are one of many, just another number. It maybe cold comfort she probably hasn't talk to 90% of then either; don't despair.
 Buckets_of_Sky
Msg: 2 (view)

Can buying a puppy help me meet girls?
Posted: 4/8/2013 2:38:57 PM
No! Borrow a friend's dog.
 Buckets_of_Sky
Msg: 21 (view)

Treading Water Here
Posted: 4/8/2013 8:00:23 AM
Your profile looked good before and it still reads good now. I am of the opinion that it is not one's profile, as a rule, what plagues most of us here; the appearance of abundance, short attention spans, and looking for the next best thing . Just be proactive, tenacious and positive and yeah it could take a while but it is the nature of this game at this time and oh, don't make this your only venue.
 Buckets_of_Sky
Msg: 36 (view)

Is this true:basically men want a sexy woman/women want a successful man?
Posted: 4/4/2013 5:28:26 PM
Ahhhh I just had dinner with a friend and we agreed that after 50 men are looking either for a nurse or a purse, I guess you could add good cook to the mix as well. Man, it is looking like there isn't an one size fit all answer to this question.
 Buckets_of_Sky

Posted: 4/3/2013 7:35:39 PM
Suggestion, do a thread search, there were at least five threads like this started today... so your question have already been answered many, many times before.

No I am not being mean, just informative.
 Buckets_of_Sky

Posted: 4/3/2013 7:27:28 PM
Oh my here we go again, yet another all men want young and sexy and women want money.

Yep, that is correct and what can we do to change the proclivities of mankind, er human nature - yeah right NOTHING!?

Now where is my sexy man of wealth and means?
 Buckets_of_Sky
Msg: 4 (view)

Question for the Ladys
Posted: 4/3/2013 12:57:26 PM
Yes what Quest_1492 said. Heed this advice, it is the solid truth.
 Buckets_of_Sky

Do girls care if person stutters a lot?
Posted: 4/3/2013 12:53:01 PM
Some will some won't. That is just the way it is and always will be.
 Buckets_of_Sky

Ex-girlfriend wants to meet
Posted: 4/3/2013 12:37:20 PM
Also, remove this from your profile, because it's evident from this topic's existence that it isn't true:
I'm allergic to bullsh*tand I can sense it quickly because I have a strong sense of intuition.

oh haaaaaahaaaaaa *snort
 Buckets_of_Sky

Avoiding Eye Contact with a Woman.....
Posted: 3/30/2013 4:54:13 PM
If your profile is any indication of your personality then I think the reason he won't look at you is because you friggin' scare him!
 Buckets_of_Sky

How Do I get a response?
Posted: 3/30/2013 4:14:50 PM
Is that your child? If so then get him the heck out of the picture. Is that your house, then good gawd almighty clean it up before you take a photo of you with all that junk in it. You don't drink then why in the heck is your user name Millertime? Are those the only pictures of you, well Mr Man get some different ones, one where it is only you and you have not spilled a drink down your shirt, you are 27 not 3!!! If you are an English major, then use spell check and show us some creative writing skills. Dude you have shown us a good example of what NOT to do with an online profile. I know you can do better; I believe in you now get busy.
 Buckets_of_Sky

Anyone notice anything unusual with my profile?
Posted: 3/30/2013 8:16:12 AM
Nothing wrong with your profile, nothing at all. It maybe your accomplishments and your ambitions, I bet your parents and friends are proud, as well they should be. Unfortunately many 2osomethings are clueless and can't grasp the idea that intelligence can be very sexy. I would suggest that you stay away from the unwashed masses of POF and stay within the circles of academia (maybe on the fringes as well) and focus on the young women there and there are many. You are 21 for goodness sakes and have no business stagnating in this online pool of the average fishes - get out there and mingle with like minded women!
 Buckets_of_Sky
Msg: 5 (view)

A review if you wouldnt mind
Posted: 3/28/2013 9:47:20 PM
So you want just a fvck buddy eh? Well, unless you can show that you are either good in bed or have some other worth-while gifts why in the heck would anyone be willing to go through the effort to contact you? Just in case you don't know most women can drop by the local pub and walk out with someone that will bed her; at least she will know if there is any chemistry, at least enough for a roll in the hay, even if it is fueled by too many beers.

Your profile is lacking any amount of appeal. If you want sex without any sort of commitment the you might have to hire someone. It never ceases to amaze me that people use this site as a place to get sex for free, without giving something in return. I have yet to see anyone on here wanting an IE that is even mildly attractive or 'doable. Ewwwwww.
 Buckets_of_Sky

Too Sarcastic/Obscure Humor?
Posted: 3/24/2013 3:47:47 PM
our profile comes across as a smart ass, self-aggrandizing attempt that amuses guys. Your profile is a marketing tool that sells YOU, targeting the specific women you want to meet. Your profile should include:

1. Who are you? What makes you interesting and unique? What can you bring to a relationship?
2. Describe activities you enjoy, especially things you can do together as a couple.
3. What are you looking for in a relationship?

Describe the type of woman you are seeking using personality traits. Add some fun activities to enjoy together. Use action verbs. Describe behaviors. Ditch the quote marks.
Be upbeat and positive. Banish anything negative. Correct spelling and good grammar are required. No text speak. Dating websites are a visual, written medium. Well written profiles with a touch of humor are most effective. You can read my profile for ideas.
Your headline is jarring and sarcastic, and does not attract women. Choose something short and upbeat. "Life is Amazing!" is my headline.
When interests are blue they are searchable. You can click on an interest and see matches who also listed that interest. With that in mind, list one-word activities in your interests that you enjoy, and would enjoy doing with a woman.
You need new photos taken outdoors with a real camera for better lighting, showing you SMILING and doing activities you enjoy. You need a: 1) Head-and-shoulders photo, showing you smiling and looking at the camera. A genuine smile is inviting and appealing. 2) Full body pic, again smiling and taken outdoors, fully clothed of course.
Additional photos should show you smiling, doing activities you enjoy. You must be in every picture.
Absolutely NO sunglasses, caps, alcohol guzzling, tongue sticking out, stupid poses, wannabe gang signs, fuzzy pictures, fish, guns, dead animals, bathroom/cell phone pictures, children (predators), pursed "duck" lips or group shots. You must be in every picture.

^^^^ and if that doesn't work at least you will have a decent resume'. Oh yeah, luck, well at least good luck has a lot to do with POF dating success.
 Buckets_of_Sky

just not getting aroused at all
Posted: 3/23/2013 10:28:18 AM
Big change in your hormones balance so your body needs time to sort things out. However, it sounds to me as if you are depressed. Yeah being depress doesn't always mean you are sad or blue, it can manifest itself in many forms e.g. lack of interest in things that brought you pleasure, anger, low sex drive and so on. Seek help or counseling if shortly things don't straighten out. No need to suffer with this.

Sorry about the bad experience during sex, it can be frightening to be sure.
 Buckets_of_Sky

Is my profile intimidating?
Posted: 3/22/2013 7:53:03 AM
Intimidating? That is a mighty word indeed, but your profile would not appear next to a definition of that word. Nor is your profile too wordy, cuz mine has many more words than yours and more polysyllabic words at that and I get my share of messages and dates - so it isn't intimidating. As mentioned it could be your photos and your attempt at tough gurl humor but whatever it is you need to up the quality of both and remember you ain't no 20something any more and unless that is the age of the men you are out to attract then you need to change the bait. Best of luck to you!
 Buckets_of_Sky

What does it mean when there's a first date and no kiss?
Posted: 3/22/2013 12:03:07 AM
Why didn't you try to kiss him?
 Buckets_of_Sky

girlfriend acts aloof for a week then asks for space... then texts me
Posted: 3/20/2013 4:27:24 PM
I think you left some spaces in this block of text by mistake, perhaps you could tighten this up a bit.

Good lord man, this is just too hard to read, but if I had to hazard a guess what this is about, and I have, I'd say she just isn't that into you.
 Buckets_of_Sky

Anyone find it hard to make adult friends
Posted: 3/17/2013 1:45:36 PM
So just what type of friends are you both looking to make? Inquiring minds want to know.
 Buckets_of_Sky

Waterworks in bed
Posted: 3/17/2013 7:52:36 AM
Urine is sterile until it reaches the urethra, where epithelial cells lining the urethra are colonized by facultatively anaerobic Gram negative rods and cocci. Subsequent to elimination from the body, urine can acquire strong odors due to bacterial action - Wilipedia

Yeah doesn't sound like something that one should do if they are weirded out by germs or infections.
 Buckets_of_Sky

Mother lives with me. Any hope of finding the one?
Posted: 3/17/2013 7:42:13 AM
GeeeeeeWhiz - I was about to say the same thing. You Mr Man, are doing the limiting yourself, don't try to blame it on your mother!

And oh yes ditch the yellow/gold shirt it is not at all flattering OMG!
 Buckets_of_Sky

contact
Posted: 3/9/2013 4:11:33 PM
Listen to that inner voice, it won't steer you wrong.
 Buckets_of_Sky

Am I not pretty enough?
Posted: 3/9/2013 12:59:57 PM
Sleeping, watching TV and video games?

I am not sure what is in vogue where you live but I am pretty sure most averaging functioning people in different areas of the world would be put off just by your lack of ambition. If you don't put more into your life, then why would some women think you would put forth any effort in a relationship? Just my POV.
 Buckets_of_Sky

I need a womans help here
Posted: 3/4/2013 6:49:15 PM
Leave her alone.

You had your chance to show her and her family that you were the right and good man for her during the eight years you were together, at least from your account (and we know that is only part of the story). Good lord she was 18 and still developing into a fully functional human, you were old enough to show her what love is. She is trying to find her footing in a new world with someone else, she is looking for a well rounded type of love, the kind you couldn't give her.
I know this isn't the answer you want, but you asked and this is how I view your situation. So leave her be to get on with her life and you as well, perhaps you learned your lesson.
 Buckets_of_Sky

How do you feel about a guy with trust issues?
Posted: 2/2/2013 9:04:32 AM
^^^^ Yeah what he said.

You need to get help because now you are a walking disaster and no one will be willing to put up with your distrust for long.
 Buckets_of_Sky

how do you know when a woman is interrested in you?
Posted: 1/26/2013 3:08:25 PM
Dude, she thinks that you are cute and hopes that you will stop by more often and with any luck ask her out, so what is stopping you?
 Buckets_of_Sky

POF Mixer at Howl at the Moon
Posted: 1/26/2013 8:19:27 AM
I am not sure if I missed the information, but where is this Howling at the Moon, Colorado is a big state?
 Buckets_of_Sky

Anybody ever hear of a GF who refuses to go to a conert...EVER?
Posted: 1/24/2013 7:27:25 PM

I really don't like concerts man. I absolutely hate big crowds of people.

^^^ yeah what he said
 Buckets_of_Sky

please evaluate my profile I'm very sexy so i dont need comments on my looks thank y'all
Posted: 1/17/2013 7:19:44 PM
Now aren't you adorable?
 Buckets_of_Sky

Has he lost intrest?
Posted: 1/15/2013 8:12:43 PM
his wife probably walked in ....
 Buckets_of_Sky

Not for the faint of mind.
Posted: 12/22/2012 5:25:56 PM
You talk a big story and that is all it is, talk as far as us mere mortals can tell.

BTW, are you a troll?
 buckets_of_sky

I know my pictures arent the greatest is there anything else I could do to fix my profile?
Posted: 12/13/2012 8:38:12 AM
Paragraphs are your friends.

Photos NEED to be appealing, if not then rarely will one be enticed enough to move on the the profile, no matter how over encumbered with negativity and hard it is to read. You need to scrap what you have and start afresh.
 Buckets_of_Sky

Do men like Tall women ??
Posted: 12/12/2012 7:44:20 PM
Some men do some don't.

Different stokes for different folks. 5'11'' isn't really all that tall.
 buckets_of_sky

how to get over a girl i love
Posted: 12/2/2012 10:18:37 AM

You have issues, and she has issues.
You are attracted to idiots.
You better figure out why, because you're driving yourself nuts.
You think you're in love with this???
The best thing you can do is get yourself over to a counsellor and start figuring this out.
Or you're just going to keep attracting these types of women.
YOU have the problem here!

Yeah what she said!!!! Pay attention it just might save your life.
 Buckets_of_Sky

Just rewrote my profile wordage from scratch.., need an impartial critique! (please!)
Posted: 11/15/2012 8:53:39 AM
Dude, you need to post a pic or two of you SMILING! You look totally unapproachable, your verbiage is important but your pictures are even more so.

IMHO
 Buckets_of_Sky

Just rewrote my profile wordage from scratch.., need an impartial critique! (please!)
Posted: 11/15/2012 8:52:14 AM
Dude, you need to post a pic or two of you SMILING! You look totally unapproachable, your verbiage is important but your pictures are even more so.

IMHO
 Buckets_of_Sky
Msg: 9 (view)

How has reading the POF forums affected your dating life?
Posted: 11/13/2012 8:04:59 PM
The forum has provided me a sense that I am not the only one experiencing the ups and downs of online dating. Also, has been like having a whole room of wise and yes, batsh*t crazy friends to give me cautionary warnings about over thinking stuff, trying to read others minds, the importance of clear and honest communication, how to steer clear of the strange and deranged by listening to my inner voice.

Thanks ya all!

BoS
 Buckets_of_Sky

Sexual...vocalizations
Posted: 11/3/2012 12:14:08 PM

So, are women who are really loud and verbal exaggerating for effect? Or are there women out there who just naturally cry out very audibly and maybe aren't even aware of the decibel level?

Yes, and oh yes, for the same reason some men are and cuz just feels so good.
 Buckets_of_Sky

Ever get cold feet after you get to know someone
Posted: 10/1/2012 3:55:35 PM

How do you deal with an earful of complaints about life?

I don't, not if they are strangers. I save that energy drain for good friends and family.
 Buckets_of_Sky

Dudes that ride Harleys
Posted: 9/19/2012 5:14:01 PM

I've always assumed those guys are over compensating for something.

Yeah like guys that smoke big cigars and have pic of themselves surrounded by cute girls. (That may have worked for Geo Costanza on TV, not so much in real live.)
 Buckets_of_Sky
Msg: 18 (view)

sexuality
Posted: 9/16/2012 8:39:15 AM
Go and sleep with a man, see how that works for you. If you like it and still want to have sex with a woman then you might be bi, if not then perhaps you are 'gay' or heck even straight.

You may find that man on man sex isn't all that you thought it was/is, but until you try it you won't have your curiosity satisfied.

Show ALL Forums