Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Knows how to treat a woman - means ???
 Defiant_One
Msg: 54 (view)

Knows how to treat a woman - means ???
Posted: 9/8/2006 3:08:04 PM
The problem is that the phrase "Know's how to treat a woman" is soooo damn vague.

I mean, I knew a woman who LOVED being spanked and was a total Sub and was into
humiliation and such (no, I didn't date her). But going by that statement I should treat
women like that?

Of course not.

Whenever I see that statement it always makes me cringe 'cause I associate it with weak,
passive-aggressive women who're unable ask for that which they want. Essentially, to me,
it translates as "Read my mind and cater to my every whim". And that's the biggest turn-off
ever for me.
 Defiant_One
Msg: 3 (view)

Misandry and tired of being a guy in the dating scene
Posted: 9/8/2006 2:41:22 PM

And I know it happens. And I know it happens a lot. And what really burns me is that they get away with it, while I'm here trying to be honest and do what's right. And sometimes I wonder, why bother? I could be that lying deceitful guy, and have my way when I wanted to. But no, I'm stuck defending my position and basically being called a liar to my face, and all I can do it take it and stay true to my beliefs.

Want to see a classic proof of your point?

Walk into a crowded theatre of mixed men and women, grab a microphone and scream into
it "WOMEN RULE!" Cheers will flood all the way up to the balcony.

Now, take that, swap it around and walk in and - instead - grab the microphone and
yell "MEN RULE!" and I guarantee you you'll hear nothing but BOOs.

I know this 'cause I've seen it happen.

Yay for Equality.
 Defiant_One
Msg: 16 (view)

handshake flirting?
Posted: 9/8/2006 2:19:26 PM
It means he's possessed by demons and wants to inseminate you with his tainted seed. i.e. The world-famous double handshaker - Tom Cruise. Sorry Suri, but you're toast.

Congratulations! That comment just won you One (1) Digital Hug!
 Defiant_One
Msg: 2 (view)

Question About Chemistry!
Posted: 9/8/2006 2:08:22 PM
Yeah, Chemistry - for me - is like when I look into her eyes and I get a lump in my throat or
suddenly feel nervous for no reason.

That's as biological as it gets. Unfortunately 2-Way chemistry appears to be a rare thing.
 Defiant_One
Msg: 114 (view)

Meminist?
Posted: 9/8/2006 2:01:26 PM
The mystery surrounding these letters... You got it all wrong! It stands for, My Apple Pie Tastes....

Mmmm.

Like Waaarm aaaapple piiiiie.... LOL!

On another note:

There'll always be a cause to fight for - there are men who are too weak to deal with the
abuse in their lives just as there will always be women who are the same.

I'm all for Feminism - or Meminism - as long as it's all about Equality. Unfortunately alot of
the Feminist movement that I've been exposed to seems to be about 'betterment' than
equality. I believe one of the choicer quotes I heard was "We toiled under Patriarchy for
2000 years, it's time to for us to take charge!". Of course there's the other one I heard from
an ex-girlfriend (And apparently hardcore Feminist) "If Vibrators could mow the lawn and take
out the garbage, we wouldn't need men".

Classic.
 Defiant_One
Msg: 25 (view)

An abortion left me without a child. Happen to anyone else?
Posted: 9/8/2006 1:03:41 PM
With that kind of logic backing you up im in shock in awe the pro choice movement doesn't end right here and now..

You know, one of the things that always burns me up about the Pro-Life movement is that
they never care about what happens to the baby AFTER it's born, just as long as it IS born.

SURE it was born to a crack-headed 17 year old who's got no idea how to raise or love a child
BUT at least it's alive... right?! Of course, if it survives there's a fantastic chance that it'll
grow up to be an addict or criminal (if not removed from that environment). Of course don't
even get me started on places like Africa where there's almost no birth control being used,
women are raped daily and children grow up to squalor and starvation.

Yeah, Pro-Life is SO where it's at.
 Defiant_One
Msg: 11 (view)

My Friend Won't Listen To Advice
Posted: 9/8/2006 11:26:51 AM
I believe my Grandpa would say:

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink".
 Defiant_One
Msg: 23 (view)

A question for the guys (or any) re: shyness / initial contact on a bus or hallway at work...
Posted: 9/8/2006 11:16:42 AM
but you are only trolling for losers on a public bus..

Wow, that's probably one of the dumbest comments I've heard in a while.

I take the bus every day 'cause I believe in public transportation and keeping the environment clean.

And, frankly, I'm a catch ;)

As for the OP, don't worry... alot of guys are shy - or at least the ones you're going to want to meet after an 11 year relationship are - so just give it time.

Tho' with that said, I know alot of guys who don't go by signals like that when they're out in the open ('cause they feel like they're misinterpreting or something...) so that means sometimes you gotta step up and say "Hi, I think you're cute - here's my number".

And no, that doesn't make you a *lut, etc. That makes you awesome.

I think most men will agree.
 Defiant_One
Msg: 4 (view)

I dont know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 9/8/2006 10:34:11 AM
she's going to have to decide which one she wants the most. You should push that issue, I mean, it's been 2 and a half years, so she should know...Be prepared though, she sounds like she wants her cake and to eat it too. Im not so sure you are winning anything if she chooses you. Just My Opinion....

I whole-heartedly agree.

You, sir, are being played - giving her everything she wants and obviously not getting an
equal amount of effort back in return. This is what's classically called a Toxic relationship.

Ask yourself this question: "Of all the girls out there, WHY must it be specifically THIS girl?"
If you truly believe that you'll never find another like her then I wish you luck but the truth
of the matter is that there's always another and different reasons/ways to fall in love.

Good Luck.
 Defiant_One

why do guys always ask if you are hot?
Posted: 9/8/2006 10:03:44 AM
Like it or not, physical attraction plays a large part in the difference between a friendship and a relationship. Man or woman it doesn't matter - we select our mates primarily off of whether or not we're attracted to them. I'm sure if a REALLY ugly, slovenly boy came up to you and was attracted to you, winning personality or not... well I'm sure you'd have nooo problem turning him down.

However, If you don't like being asked that question then put "Please don't ask me if I'm hot" in your profile. You've put a picture up so if they can't decide for themselves, well, that's their problem.

On a final note, please don't go perpetuating old double-standards.

Thanks.
 Defiant_One
Msg: 14 (view)

Why after two and a half years he still won't commit??
Posted: 9/8/2006 9:54:37 AM
because he still does not want a commitment from ANYBODY..he is happy living alone

Well he's been honest with you. Respect that and move on to find someone who wants what you want.

Plain and simple as that.
 Defiant_One
Msg: 15 (view)

How many men actually think?
Posted: 9/8/2006 9:47:20 AM
Well considering most of my time in a relationship goes towards the woman I'm with, cooking
for her, pleasuring her, etc. I'd say that I disagree with your statement.

Now, sure, some guys act Macho and such, but that's an easy fix: Stop dating men like that.
 Defiant_One

Does everyone stretch the truth on here or what ????
Posted: 9/8/2006 9:28:15 AM
Unfortunately there's no cut and dry way to pick out a liar here on the good ol' internet.

You can combat it by clearly stating what you want and putting lots of deal breakers on
your profile but there's really not much you can do about it. Those who want to lie are going
to lie no matter what. All you can do is recognize when they are lying and make sure you
stay as far away from them as possible.

Good Luck.
 Defiant_One
Msg: 15 (view)

would he feel used???
Posted: 9/8/2006 9:20:24 AM
Be honest with him and let him make up his own mind.

Simple as that.

No games, no grey areas. Tell him what you want and if he isn't up for that
then it's his loss. Oh and yes, you need Therapy/Councelling.
 Defiant_One

Mismatched sex drives - he just can't keep up!
Posted: 9/8/2006 7:40:25 AM
So guys – is it a dealbreaker for you if your woman has a higher drive than you? Is there any way to salvage the relationship or is it too much of an ego thing? And I don’t mean that in a negative way, but is it like you feel you can’t “provide” for her or something that makes it so bad? Any insights would be much appreciated!

Actually and with all due respect to you in your situation - you were damn inconsiderate.

Sex drive/performance has been proven to be almost entirely ruled by the amount of stress in one's life. If there's too much stress in a woman's life its proven that she will not be able to concieve. For a man, his libido plummets to almost non-existant levels.

He was honest with you and told you that he was under alot of pressure AND THEN you dobbed on the fact that he wasn't making you moan in the sheets as often as you wanted? Well, congratulations, you basically just destroyed whatever self-esteem he had left! Boo hoo, he wasn't satisfying you ALL the time?! You poor thing you.

Wow. Talk about ungrateful. Instead of standing beside a man who obviously loved you, you decided that 'cause RIGHT NOW (the sex was fine before) things were bad you were gonna cut and run. Ugh, I feel sick.

It's not about "Being Tired" it's about being able to focus and enjoy what you're doing, sex or otherwise. The man was under a great deal of stress - guess what? That happens to women too! It's a proven fact that a woman has issues enjoying sex/having a sex drive at all when under a great deal of stress.

"The difference in Sex Drives was a major stressor"

Yeah and I bet you piling all sorts of feelings of guilt and inadequacy on top of him didn't help much either.

Way to go! You successfully destroyed a loving relationship.

Oh well, everyone's the hero of their own Life Story.
 Defiant_One

Need a man's opinion........
Posted: 9/8/2006 7:15:00 AM
Well, that depends. He's obviously willing to pay to see you - so there's something there
(unless he's really rich and money means nothing to him anyways).

It's really up to you tho' - I wouldn't go getting my heart in a flutter yet, honestly it
doesn't sound like something that's going to be long-lasting. But it might be a good
experience.

Guess it depends on what you're expecting from this guy and what you're willing to settle for.

Good luck!
 Defiant_One
Msg: 8 (view)

How to end a date gracefully?
Posted: 9/8/2006 7:07:24 AM
Here's what one of my friends told me to do (she apparently does this all the time):

-Call a friend before the date, ask them to call you about an hour into it.
-If the date is going well, you just silence the phone or don't answer.
-If the date is going badly then you answer the phone and some sort of emergency has
come up. Dog/Cat is sick, Family Emergency, etc.
-Get the heck outta there.

Honestly, I'd never heard of this before, but apparently she's used it quite a few times
to get herself out of bad dates.

You might wanna try that.
 Defiant_One
Msg: 10 (view)

why do women stero type men. don't women play mind games too!!
Posted: 9/8/2006 6:56:32 AM
and almost every second thread you read are about women bashing men! are u oblivious? there are very few of men bashing women and calling them names.

We all get hurt in the pursuit of love. Plain and simple. Some people realize that it's
a fact of life and move on, others take it to heart and spend their lives being bitter rather
then continuing their search. Man or Woman, it doesn't matter, in the end we only get
hurt as much as we allow ourselves to be hurt. If, for some reason, the ramblings of
some stranger on the internet cause your skin to boil then perhaps you should take a
good look at yourself. (or see a dermatologist :P)

My grandma always used to say "When you point a finger at the world you've got three
pointing right back at you".

Fact of Life: We all get hurt. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move on.

Best of Luck to those who know what I mean.

B
 Defiant_One

What personality traits do you dislike about women in general?
Posted: 8/30/2006 9:25:36 PM
Passive-Aggressiveness/indecisiveness, hands down.

Biggest. Turn-off. Ever.
 Defiant_One
Msg: 89 (view)

How Do Men Feel About Dating Virgins?
Posted: 8/30/2006 9:04:09 PM
About the same way that women feel about dating male virgins - especially when they're over 25... lol

Moderately intrigued and a bit freaked out.
 Defiant_One
Msg: 36 (view)

Guy's opinions wanted....
Posted: 8/30/2006 8:32:11 PM
Neither.

1) the Drunk girl is... well... drunk.
2) The shy girl is shy. As much as I find the whole 'shy' thing cute, it's absolutely
annoying in a public environment.

Is there a 3rd option? Maybe a hot mother of 2 with legs that won't quit and a 3-pack-a-day habit?

LOL
 Defiant_One
Msg: 77 (view)

Why are looks so important??
Posted: 8/30/2006 8:29:06 PM
Absolutely. Would you date a man that you found physically repulsive?

As much as we like to stick our noses in the air at the idea that we could be so "Primative", selecting a mate is usually mostly based off of whether or not you're attracted to them, whether or not you will have sex with them. This is pretty much the line between "Friends", "Lovers" and "Mates". Friends are people that you identify with, share common interests, etc. Lovers are people that you may or may not find mentally stimulating but the physical attraction is too much to pass up. Mates are people that you generally find a proper balance between the two and could potentially see yourself spending large amounts of time with them. And of course, there are tons of examples - I'm sure - that break these ideals but that's just what they are: Ideals.
 Defiant_One
Msg: 24 (view)

Why do guys LIKE to torture girls?
Posted: 8/30/2006 8:20:47 PM
Better Question:

Why do you tolerate it?

Seeing a psychiatrist is probably not the best idea, a Counsellor however, is a whole other
story. Sometimes we need people to talk to, that's what they're there for.
 Defiant_One

why does she play with my emotions?
Posted: 8/30/2006 4:55:58 PM
Okay, I'm gonna say this as nicely as possible:

Stay away from her. Cut off contact. You can't be friends - or at least not yet. She is nowhere near the headspace required (you don't sound like you're ready either) to have an adult friendship with you.

Seriously, cut all ties and stay away for at least a year. You both need time to get your heads in order.

Your wife is acting like this because she's hurt... and she's lashing out. You're lucky enough to be the thing she knows how to hurt the most.

The worst part of this is that she may not even be fully aware of what she's doing but either way, it's gotta stop for both your sakes.
 Defiant_One

Thought it was goin good.
Posted: 8/30/2006 4:44:27 PM
Well, it sucks but oh well. It's not the last time you'll ever be in love ;)

If what you're looking for is closure then maybe you should ask her why she decided what she did. No harm in asking right? Just be prepared to possibly not like the answer.

Cheers!
B
 Defiant_One
Msg: 8 (view)

destined to be alone ?
Posted: 8/30/2006 4:40:51 PM
I firmly believe that we're as alone as we let ourselves be. At any point we can choose to let people into our lives or not - there's ample opportunity EVERY DAY to meet new people and potential partners but we close ourselves off for whatever reason.

You'd be surprised how many of the people in our lives want to actively spend time with us and get to know us. Sometimes it's just as simple as paying attention to the people around you.

On a personal note, I know a lot of women that surround themselves with 'guy friends' and always complain that they can't find a decent man - well, I guarantee you that at least 90% of the guys around them would probably jump at the chance to be with them but are kept at a distance. Why? Because they don't want to 'ruin' the friendship. That may be all fine and dandy but when at some point it becomes ridiculous when the woman has a literal entourage of men following her and she still looks elsewhere. Believe me, chances are they're there for a reason (and not just 'cause they want to get into your pants...)
 Defiant_One
Msg: 442 (view)

So you want a second chance?
Posted: 8/30/2006 4:12:35 PM
... I think thats a bs blow off to be honest.. but shes not that type of girl to hurt anyone.. she wants to make both of us happy me and that other guy.. shes wants us both in her life she says she loves me... but doesnt wanna lose that friendship with hte other guy.. but shes not attracted to him like that only me.... i dunno any help would be appreciated!!

Okay, I'm not gonna quote the whole thing here, but I'll be honest with you Joey, it sounds like this is a toxic situation for both of you.

From the information I've got here it sounds like you two are very co-dependant - don't get me wrong, I understand the pangs of love but it seems like you're almost setting yourself up to be hurt by this girl. I mean, knowing that she can't date you and still having intense feelings for her AND THEN signing up for classes where you see her every day for 2 days a week? Dude, you must be cruisin' for a bruisin'... if you keep putting yourself into situations where you're going to get hurt, well, guess what? You're going to get hurt.

It doesn't sound to me like you've moved on from her - she's gone on to seeing other men, but what did you do? Are you waiting for her to change her mind? And even if she did, you said yourself it wasn't the same. I think deep down Joey you know that it's not going to work between the two of you but I get the feeling that you don't know how to not have her in your life, especially after the several relationships you've had with her.

My advice, after reading what you've said here, is to spend some time by yourself - get over her because your relationship doesn't sound very healthy to me at all.

Best of luck to you!
B
 Defiant_One
Msg: 53 (view)

Would you take back a cheater?
Posted: 8/30/2006 3:59:11 PM
Umm yeah. Well, unfortunately, them's the breaks. If this were a man cheating on his woman you'd hear no end to the railing against him for being a Dog.

It's not like we're in this odd era where somehow you didn't know what you were doing was wrong when you did it. You made a choice and now you face the consequences. Learn from your mistake and stop hurting him further by letting him have more 'one night stands' with you.

It's over, let it die. Move on and make a concerted effort not to cheat on the next guy you date.

Sorry, you get no sympathy from me.
 Defiant_One
Msg: 95 (view)

The most inspirational song when you're down.
Posted: 8/30/2006 3:54:02 PM
Depends on how far down we're talking... lol

One Extreme:

"Comfortably Numb"
- Pink Floyd

to Another:

"Tainted Love"
- Marilyn Manson (yes, he's covering Soft Cell...)
 Defiant_One
Msg: 105 (view)

First Date Sex
Posted: 8/30/2006 3:43:37 PM
As a rule I never have sex on the first date - not only does it strip away alot of the mystery that is required for building a lasting relationship, but also because I don't know anything about her (and there are TONS of STDs that a simple condom won't protect you from.)

Mind you, I also tend to think before I act (even if it's not a long thought process ;)

Hormones are fleeting but Herpes is forever...
 Defiant_One
Msg: 7 (view)

Is there a middle ground
Posted: 8/30/2006 3:03:29 PM
There is absolutely a middle ground but to get there it's called "Being an adult"
And unfortunately not alot of people are there yet.

What is "Being an adult"?

Let's examine (both sides must do this for your middle ground to work):

- Clearly define what you expect
- Clearly define your boundaries
- Understand that there is no 'relationship' each is free to see who they want when
they want (unless otherwise agreed upon).
- Clearly define any and all 'deal breakers' (ie. catching any form of disease. etc)
- Be honest with yourself and with your playmate.

Those are just some of the basics - mind you if they were used in even regular relationships
many would find that they go much smoother. It's all about communication and honesty.

The problem is that both people have to have the ability to do that or there is no middleground.
 Defiant_One
Msg: 29 (view)

Marriage
Posted: 8/30/2006 2:48:59 PM
Umm, I'd call it Co-dependancy... but that's just me.

He's afraid to lose you and is grasping at straws.
 Defiant_One

If there ever was a broken heart
Posted: 8/30/2006 2:27:03 PM
One of the most basic truths of life is that no matter how hard you try, no matter how far away you push yourself, somewhere, sometime you're going to get hurt.

Living life is all about understanding that fact and still allowing yourself to get out of bed in the morning. It's not easy, and it sure as hell isn't fun, but that's the way it is.

At some point you have to realize that by "balling up" you're only causing yourself more hurt in that you're denying yourself the love and affection that all human beings deserve. Remember that no matter WHAT life throws at you, YOU always have a choice in how to react to it. No one but you is responsible for how you deal with the hardships in your life.

So, with that said, don't let your guard down all at once, but be aware that a) you are putting up walls and b) that you have complete control over how and when they go up. If you sense them going up, take the time to explain your situation to the person that you're with, it'll help ease the tension AND he'll know why you've gotten so withdrawn all of the sudden ;) A good man will accomodate these things 'cause chances are he's been hurt too.

As much as we'd all like to think we're pristine and perfect, we've all got our baggage and our quirks - most of these problems, of course, are usually solved through simple communication.

Good Luck!
B
 Defiant_One
Msg: 6 (view)

Broke my heart
Posted: 8/30/2006 2:15:46 PM
[Quote] Burn them, along with the negatives.....you will gain nothing through posting them here there and everywhere, besides it's cruel. Then concentrate on yourself again, and find someone else. Good Luck. [/Quote]

Yeah man, you don't need the bad Karma - Burn'em or mail'em back to her. Whatever, you've
still got the memories which are FAR more valuable.
 Defiant_One
Msg: 7 (view)

Stood Up!
Posted: 8/30/2006 2:12:54 PM
Yeah, that'd just damn stupid on his part.

hrmmm... not really much more I can say to that... just plain ol' stupidity.

Hopefully he'll learn from it, probably not, but hopefully.
 Defiant_One

sex buddies
Posted: 8/30/2006 1:59:32 PM
Well, he's not ready for a relationship and he may/may not want one with you over the course of an indefinite period of time.

The best way to treat these situations is to ask yourself this:

"Am I willing to wait around while he makes up his mind, even with the possibility that I will
see absolutely no return from this investment in time?"

If your answer is anything other than an emphatic "Yes" then it's a "No" and you should look
for someone who wants what you do. There are other men that you will be attracted to so
it's not like he's a one-shot deal.
 Defiant_One

heres my question
Posted: 8/30/2006 1:54:50 PM
How long have you known him?

There could be a TON of factors at play here, including his own personal dating beliefs.

Take that into account before you decide what to do.
 Defiant_One
Msg: 34 (view)

who should do the asking?
Posted: 8/30/2006 1:34:34 PM
@Mr. Sullen

HAHAHAHA!

Well said sir, well said.

If they had gold stars on this site, you'd get one from me.
 Defiant_One
Msg: 5 (view)

Guys..any ideas after a first date...
Posted: 8/30/2006 1:27:14 PM
Though, with that being said, you should take the time to decide what you want as well.
If you're looking to get married vs. meet someone to experience life with - not all relationships
can (or should) lead to marriage but there is something to be said for experiencing life with
someone different. All comes down to what you want for yourself right now.
 Defiant_One

pushing away when you start to fall inlove
Posted: 8/30/2006 1:23:08 PM
This isn't a "Guy" thing.

Everyone goes through this, it's called "Being hurt" and, unfortunately, some people, once they're hurt take longer to recover than others. Sounds to me like this guy's created a defense mechanism for himself that kicks in whenever he starts to feel for someone.

The real problem is that there's nothing that you can do for him - it's his wall and he'll let it down when he's ready, unfortunately, if he doesn't realize what he's doing he's only going to be setting himself up for more heartbreak which will, in turn, reinforce his own walls. It's actually quite a vicious cycle. They push people away 'cause they don't want to get hurt but in pushing them away they get hurt which 'causes them to push people away.

I've met both men and women that do this.

The only real cure is the person themselves actually realizing what they've been doing and deciding for themselves to change (you can't change them, and you're fooling yourself if you think you can...)
 Defiant_One

Guys..any ideas after a first date...
Posted: 8/30/2006 1:15:51 PM
Umm it usually means "talk to you later", lol.

I'd be more worried if he hadn't replied at all. ;)

Give him time, send him an email after 3 days if you haven't heard from him,
invite him out to see a band or something casual.

Don't get worried yet, many guys choose to play it cool when they like someone.
 Defiant_One

gf problems
Posted: 8/30/2006 12:59:51 PM
You should ask yourself why you're having trouble getting over someone who obviously didn't
have your best interests at heart. Sure, it sucks to lose someone, but really - what is there to miss about someone who openly tells you that she was only going out with you out of pity - let alone someone who agreed to marry you?
 Defiant_One
Msg: 207 (view)

WHY ARE MEN SO MEAN
Posted: 8/30/2006 12:54:34 PM
Men are just as mean as women, just in different ways. We tend to be more confrontational
and outward in our 'mean-ness'.

Actually, there are a TON of good guys out there, single good guys at that (I know, 'cause I'm one of them). The problem is that you don't really hear the happy men/women complaining or openly complementing their partners so it appears that there are an abundance of "mean" people 'cause all you really hear about is people complaining about the "bad" ones...

"The first step in getting what you want out of life is deciding what you want." - Ben Stein
 Defiant_One

why does it seem like MEN are now in 2 categories?????
Posted: 8/30/2006 12:31:36 PM
Well, that's actually not all too different from women at all.

Tho' 1) Women are alot less vocal and openly active about their looking for intimate encounters. and 2) The women I've met have are incredibly picky as to what they even want to associate with (No Car? Bye!, No Large, disposable income? Bye!, etc.)

As for sitting at home on the weekends, with all due respect, this is the 21st century and you've never been in a better time to be a single woman. Go out and meet people, there tons of places to go in Toronto, just do a bit of basic research.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but it's up to you to make your own happiness in this world - if you're not happy sitting at home on weekends, grab some family or friends and head out for some fun. Easy stuff ;)
 Defiant_One
Msg: 6 (view)

Stood Up!
Posted: 8/30/2006 12:11:22 PM
What really burns me is the fact that I confirmed the time with her before I left - so she had
ample opportunity to say "Sorry, you know, I'm not really into this".

Arg.
 Defiant_One

Stood Up!
Posted: 8/29/2006 11:11:36 PM
The weird thing is that I hear so many girls complaining that they never meet "Good Guys"
but I've got a group of friend who're pretty much dedicated to being the "Anti-Guy" (you know, all the "dumb, alpha male" stereotypes etc.) and we have more trouble meeting
decent women than some of our "Regular-Guy" friends - you know, the ones that grab women for one-night stands, etc and basically treat them like crap - (Mind you, they're always complaining that they never meet any decent women too... lol).

*sigh*

People are meeeeessed up. lol
 Defiant_One

Stood Up!
Posted: 8/29/2006 11:03:17 PM
LOL nah, she never gave me her #!!

Ugh, this was SOOO doomed from the beginning! :P
 Defiant_One
Msg: 1 (view)

Stood Up!
Posted: 8/29/2006 10:47:27 PM
What the heck is wrong with people?

I set up a date with this girl tonight, supposed to meet at 9pm, go for
a coffee and shoot the shite.

I wait until 9:45, she's still not there, so I leave.

The worst part is that I made sure I had the place, time, everything
confirmed before I left and she left me sitting there like a chump.

Niiiice.

Show ALL Forums