Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Death of a pet
 debbywebby32
Msg: 75 (view)

Death of a pet
Posted: 8/25/2008 7:39:58 PM
So very sorry for your loss. I understand the heartbreak of loosing the family pet, growing up with a German Shepard that had to be put down at the age of thirteen because of strokes, and even by then i was an adult I still miss her and have fond memories of her. Once I was an adult my ex-husband and I choose a Sheltie, she had a long life, but at the end I was called to take her to be put down, she was having seizures, strokes bleeding etc.. That was the hardest thing to do was gather my baby up and take her to the vet, I held her and cried like a baby when they gave her the injection. It felt like I lost my best friend.
I now have 2 cats and I was trying to do the mental math on exactly how old they were, in guessestamation I'm gonna guess between 12-13 years old. I'm not ready for them to go
 debbywebby32
Msg: 4 (view)

What's your favorite secret ingredient?
Posted: 8/20/2008 8:44:38 PM
almond extract in my french toast.

garlic garlic garlic and more garlic in everything else..powder and salt, onion powder/salt too. and jalepeno pepper in everything that needs that extra kick!
 debbywebby32
Msg: 35 (view)

the sleep issue
Posted: 8/6/2008 8:03:39 PM
The dog has her own pillow and she either spoons with me or kicks me in the back....then there is the foot pursuit of cats across the foot of the bed before they settle in for the night. It's been so long since I slept with someone with 2 legs.....He would have to be a true animal lover, and we would have to get a bigger bed...lol
 debbywebby32
Msg: 123 (view)

Monogomy is it important anymore?
Posted: 8/1/2008 9:37:31 PM
what ever happened to old-fashioned values? 1 man 1 woman?
 debbywebby32
Msg: 30 (view)

where to find decent men
Posted: 5/27/2008 9:50:42 PM
The men at Home Depot, workers as well as shoppers are usually "hot", and the workers always want to giving you that extra help
 debbywebby32
Msg: 24 (view)

Kids packed her bags!!
Posted: 4/18/2008 9:36:48 PM
So your wife has been out of the house less then a week and your on a dating site looking for a long-term relationship. Should you not end one LEGALLY before moving on???
jumping from the pan straight into the fire.

you need some serious
 debbywebby32
Msg: 23 (view)

date shows up wearing sweats...
Posted: 4/17/2008 10:31:08 AM
I agree, sweats aren't meant to be worn in public. Guess his mama didn't raise him any better.Grandma always told be never leave the house with out clean bra n panties. What if you had an accident?
The only time I've left the house in sweats and my un-mentionable was after I had surgery and any type of clothing pressed on my wounds. Only one ever saw was the dr.
Guess it depends on where you live or you just have that you dont give a damn what people think. My neighbor always took his garbage out in his boxers and wife beater t-shirt. I'd have enjoyed the view if he wasn't fat,smelly, a raging alcoholic. Oh did I mention he was like 75 y/o

All though, I have been known to take my dog out very late in my jammies
 debbywebby32
Msg: 11 (view)

Do large women like large men?
Posted: 4/16/2008 9:27:22 PM
I used to be quite large, OBESE, I weighed in at 330 pounds. At the time I only dated big men. In my head, the bigger the guy the smaller I looked.
Finally, i had gastric bypass surgery, and now going on 7 years later I've lost 163 pounds. For a long period of that time I was in a committed relationship and wasn't dating. Now that I am single again and re-entered the dating pond I still had that same theory in the back of my mind. I found that I was not happy with the larger men, but had it in my head that was all i deserved and all that I could get. It took me awhile to come to that conclusion and I hung in the relationship, trying to make it work. I used drugs and alcohol to get me through.
One day I woke up with a hang-over, and said wtf. are you doing? You don't even like to drink.So I ended that relationship, and am taking my time looking for the one that really makes "my blood boil". I am not attracted to the super tall and skinny bean pole types, nor am I attracted to the very large over weight man, but I like a big strong sturdy guy, with meat on his bones.
I still have work to do on my body, I'm still a few extra pounds that I would like to loose. My problem is that I just am not very active, but that all could change if I found the right person to motivate me. There are so many things that I've never done, simply because I was too fat to do them. Thats all changed now. So bring it on
 debbywebby32
Msg: 16 (view)

Why should i try anymore
Posted: 4/16/2008 6:40:38 AM
Your 20 years old, you have a life time ahead of you. The right one is out there somewhere... be patient, it will all come in time.
 debbywebby32
Msg: 58 (view)

Firearms and Dating
Posted: 4/10/2008 11:06:35 AM
What Bout Chicks that Carry?
It is unfortunate that I live in WI. and we are Not allowed to carry. As a criminal justice major it would be wise to learn sooner then later how to shoot. Sunday i took my first safety class offered by the NRA and shot everything from revolvers to semi-automatics. It was my first time shooting, and i did considerably well. It must be in my blood, my dad has had guns all my life, to say he is a collector would be saying it mildly, he has over 60 and he hunts as well as completive shooting , he has a title of "expert" shooter, and my brother is a sharp shooter in the army. I can not wait until i am good enough to compete. I see a 9mm in my future. I would definitely carry a gun after knowing how to properly and safely use it. Many times i had to do bank runs carrying thousands of dollars, me a blonde female in not the best of neighborhoods would gave me a little piece of mind.
I would most definitely date a man that carries, good to know that i'd be safe and protected. More manly then the soft pencil pushing men that normally ask me out.
 debbywebby32
Msg: 13 (view)

i truly believe a mate for life does not exist
Posted: 4/6/2008 8:05:51 PM
I agree, mine passed away going on over 3 years now. So far no man has even ever being close to half the man he was.
I keep fishing in hopes of finding something similar to the feelings I once had....
 debbywebby32
Msg: 226 (view)

Pets in Bed
Posted: 3/17/2008 9:11:18 PM
My last long term relationship we had a full house, 2 full grown massive Shepards, my 2 cats.He had terrible insomnia and often moved to the couch so not to wake me. The dogs took that as open invasion that there was room for them, then the cats joined and then his little girl came. When he actually wanted to sleep with me the animals gave him the look of how dare you invade my space. They all clamored who could get closer to mom. In the invent we wanted to have sex we had to be tricky and slam the door before the invasion.Ahh the good ole days. Now its just me and my 2 cats and my pup, so i'd have to see...
 debbywebby32
Msg: 3 (view)

How much do you spend on groceries per month?????
Posted: 2/20/2008 7:05:28 AM
i work at a grocery store in the deli, people dont blink a eye when they buy 2lbs of salad and lunch meat that is $5.99 lb and up! people easily spend $50.00 bucks at my counter.
it kills me, you can boil noodles, and a can of olives and a bottle of italian salad dressing for under $5.00, and you get at least 3lbs out of that. bottom line people are lazy and dont want to cook.
 debbywebby32
Msg: 42 (view)

“Viewed me” link on POF
Posted: 12/17/2007 8:28:41 PM
i look for many reasons, they may have added a new photo, or updated there profile. after viewing a profile from an old contact that i emailed back n forth a few times and i decided it wasent worth following, he emailed me again and i said...havent we been done this road before??? his response was then stop looking at me . needless to say he has blocked me so i wont be caught looking at him
 debbywebby32
Msg: 104 (view)

How important are table manners to you?
Posted: 11/20/2007 3:48:24 AM
i dated a guy that slurped everything he ate, from corn to lasagna, slurrrrrrrrrrrrpppppp. i couldn't stand to eat with him, id make every excuse to either go to the bathroom or get more beverage or to eat fast so i could go outside and smoke so i wouldn't have to hear him. At breakfast time i would cover my head with a pillow but i still heard him slurping oatmeal.
 debbywebby32
Msg: 4 (view)

Still Emailing Others?
Posted: 10/17/2007 9:17:19 AM
We had come to an agreement that we wouldn't date other people, but i walked in several times and he was on POF.He quickly shut it off so i wouldn't see. I asked him about it and he said he goes there to see all his friends that he met online. Yea right..This is also the man that cheated on me "to see how much he cared about me" Needless to say we are no longer dating.
 debbywebby32
Msg: 177 (view)

Worst thing that has ever happened during sex???
Posted: 10/7/2007 10:13:56 PM
he has lost a few condoms in his day. "He asks where did it go?", i said "think where is the last place you had it". Dumbass. course there was the time he lost his erection ring...and a few beads...He had to go fishing.
More then one occasion i asked are you sure its in?
They dont make those erection pumps for the mini me size.
have to say, im happily divorced now

Show ALL Forums