Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: What would you do, if you were a god?
 Freudian
Msg: 100 (view)

What would you do, if you were a god?
Posted: 8/11/2013 9:19:34 PM
If I were a god.

I'd get bored after a few eons of playing marbles with stars and create life. I'd probably nudge it a little to get it going in the right direction and wait to see how it turned out. Then when some form came along that struck my fancy, I'd nudge it a bit and make it sentient. I'd model the thought processes after my own so they were could understand me and in turn I could understand them. Then I'd wait a while and see how they progressed.

If they did ok, I'd contact one of them that struck my fancy and tell him what was up and where he came from. Then I'd watch for a while longer to see how he turned out and what his heirs did. If they kept screwing up, I'd nudge them from time to time to try and keep them on a path that led to greater contentment. Still watching and they keep screwing up. So, I'd dress up like them, take and visit and try to teach them directly one on one. If that didn't work, I'd set back and let them flounder for a millennium, or two, or three.

If they still can't figure out how to control themselves and learn to work together, I might just wipe the slate clean and start over from scratch.
 Freudian
Msg: 100 (view)

circular dating
Posted: 8/11/2013 8:49:35 PM
^^^ Wow, Just WOW.

I haven't been active here because nothing new has come up in a long time, but your statements struck a chord.

So, I ask you to think about the relationships you've had that were so unsatisfactory and try to find the common denominator. Hopefully, it'll give you a clue.
 Freudian
Msg: 85 (view)

circular dating
Posted: 6/27/2013 8:46:28 PM
Why did I direct it at women? Because the original circular dating thing was directed at women. It's no secret that many men would do this, that's where the term 'player' came from.

Why couldn't a person have a loving relationship without sex. Some of them can, just not most. Face it ladies, you go on a number of dates with a nice hug goodbye at the end of the evening and you'll be chasing the guy off because you obviously aren't interested in anything more.

A man that puts up with a woman dating a number of men isn't going to put up with it for very long. He'll just disappear.

So, this circular dating thing may be good for a woman's ego and help to establish her self esteem, but it won't lead to a long term relationship because the guys will just keep disappearing. If that's what a particular woman wants, go for it. But, then you'll be a player too.

Oh, romance. How many threads have been written on this? I remember trying to compile a definition on this very subject earlier this year. I failed. The reason I failed is because there are as many definitions of romance are there are people trying to define it. So, get over the romance thing. Romance is what you want it to be and if you want it, define it to the person you're targeting so they have at least a little bit of a chance of meeting your expectations.

So many women whine about 'romance' when the only concrete definition they have of it is taken from the pages of a Harlequin novel. Well, there ain't no knights in shining armor riding white stallions in my neck of the woods, and the damsels sure as hell aren't in distress.

I once gave a really nice turquoise and silver set of earrings to a lady friend. I had commissioned a Navajo artists to put them together using materials taken from the reservation, and everything had to be made using traditional techniques except the posts themselves. The posts were stainless to prevent any possible allergic reactions. They were really nice and cost a whole lot more than I expected. But, it was for a very special person, it was worth it to me. The presentation box was hand carved from an iron wood tree that had been struck by lightning; this was a suggestion of the artist since lightning struck wood is considered special. Iron wood is a bit tough, so he used power tools on the box. There was a note in the box describing the processes, materials, and tools used signed by the artist. I was really proud to present them to her. Romantic?? I thought so.

She sold them at a garage sale....$5.

Take your romance and ...
 Freudian
Msg: 80 (view)

circular dating
Posted: 6/27/2013 2:31:47 PM
It took a while, but I got all ejucateed on that circular dating thing. It's pure crap.

The idea of some gal stringing along an entourage of men that are lusting over her enough to just 'date', no sex for any period of time is pathetic. If the guy goes along with this, he's either closet gay or a milquetoast and neither of those will fill the bill for the gal. This would be a way to get a few dates, but the guy, if actually male, will brush her off after a couple of chaste hugs goodnight.

Once upon a time, this was called 'dating' and was how one found a person they clicked with to pursue a more in depth relationship with. Now, apparently, the women that ascribe to this are trying to get a guy to pop the question. Hell, if he hasn't committed by (get this) three freaking years!, she should start this circular dating thing.

Just dump the guy way before that and move on.

I've been wondering why so many young women are living with a guy, wanting to get married, but not advancing in their relationship. There may even be children from the (lack of) relationship, and they're still waiting on him to ask 'the question'.

I'm just going to shake my head in wonder at this.
 Freudian
Msg: 73 (view)

circular dating
Posted: 6/26/2013 8:25:08 PM
Oh good grief Jesse, chill out. This is a forum, how can anyone be jealous of a few pixels on a screen? Especially since no one knows if anything anyone says is actually true.
 Freudian
Msg: 70 (view)

circular dating
Posted: 6/26/2013 7:18:47 PM
Nope, not my business at all. It's just that you were mistaken in the comment a ways up there. Hiding your profile doesn't mean it can't be seen, it just doesn't turn up in a search. This is pretty obvious because I saw it and commented on it. So, all they have to do is look in the forums for you and then go look at your profile. Holds true for messages also.

Just want to be clear for the folks that read this; hiding isn't really hiding. It's just keeping yourself out of the searches.
 Freudian
Msg: 68 (view)

circular dating
Posted: 6/25/2013 8:56:40 PM
mjinict, better take another look, your messages are set to 30 - 65 (at this time), not + - 5. And hiding it does no good at all if you post here, it can definitely be seen, but you know that already.
 Freudian
Msg: 53 (view)

circular dating
Posted: 6/24/2013 11:00:13 AM
I've read a bunch of posts here and folks seem to forget something. Playing the field is the same as circular dating, but with known set of people instead of cruising looking for dates. So, there may be a 'field' of 10 or so people that date amongst themselves. Not a bad idea if those involved can handle it emotionally.

But, remember that 'playing the field' is where the term 'player' comes from. Most people don't like 'players'. The reason they don't like them is because exclusivity is missing. There can be no feeling of being 'special' if you know the guy is going to be chatting up some other woman tomorrow, and a third the next day. This works the exact same way for men.

Also, the term 'date' for most people means doing something together. The term 'dating' can mean something entirely different. When a woman tells me she 'dated' that guy, she means she had sex with him. If she had a 'date' with him, she went out for dinner or something. The kids are more honest, they talk about "hooking up". But, I've noticed some weaseling with that term the last couple of years, so it may be as inconsistent as 'date' and its derivatives.

So, circular dating or playing the field, probably means multiple sex partners depending on the situation. That's what makes this social method unappealing to many people. Sure, it's nobody's business who you have sex with, but it definitely will affect your various relationships. Especially among the older crowd that has antique morality.
 Freudian
Msg: 296 (view)

Dancing
Posted: 5/18/2013 3:58:44 PM
A cruiser type bike is built to handle heavy loads and most guys who ride them aren't out for a spirited trip through the twisties.

Uh, yes they are, but it's after the motorcycle ride is over.

Pretty much the same on the dance floor.
 Freudian
Msg: 292 (view)

Dancing
Posted: 5/17/2013 9:36:28 PM
Hmm, a little ol' 120 pound woman doesn't bother my 1000 pound Harley cruiser at all. Have a bit of trouble getting out of parking places, but out on the road, don't notice her affecting the ride at all.

Until she hugs me.

Pretty much the same on the dance floor.
 Freudian
Msg: 221 (view)

Dancing
Posted: 4/26/2013 11:43:42 PM
Folks, before you respond to mike, read back a ways and think about it. He's just trolling. And, apparently, having a great time of it.

Ignore him, and he'll eventually go away.
 Freudian
Msg: 65 (view)

Women can fix this!
Posted: 4/24/2013 10:15:07 PM

I'm seriously telling you, out of 10 messages, 7 will be crude, rude...deleted.

I couldn't message you because I'm waay too old, so I thought I just do it here for the fun of it.
Questions -
Is your son normal? Absolutely not. That kid of mine broke his arm at three pretending he was Superman by jumping off the house, to tried to burn down the barn when he was four, got suspended from the FIRST GRADE, and it went downhill from there. He may be normal now, but I wouldn't want to swear to it in court.

Let's hear your best ending for this sentence:
I'll do anything for you except... 1. Something intentional that will hurt you, or someone else. 2. Leave you alone. 3. Kick you out of be for eating crackers. 4. Surrender the remote control.

If you were a fruit which fruit would you be? Kiwi. Those ugly little things that are green and sweet on the inside. Or maybe an avocado. They both look like crap, but are fun to eat.

I'm sick and have to cancel our date this weekend. How do you respond? Oh, sorry, is there something I can do? Chicken soup, extra blankets, extra roll of toilet paper, Rug Doctor?

What are your favorite qualities in a woman and why? Blonde, liquor store, wealth, in reverse order.

7 will be crude, rude...deleted.

OK, I see what you mean.
 Freudian
Msg: 184 (view)

Dancing
Posted: 4/23/2013 7:21:41 PM

The guys, who like dancing, brag they they are getting all of the women who do like dancing. And the guys, who don't like dancing, replying: "That's nice , we don't want THOSE women. "

You're forgetting that we guys that like to dance also want the women that don't want to dance. So, we're going to be sneaking into your territory while you intentionally ignore ours.

Good trade, I like that. It's a deal.
 Freudian
Msg: 31 (view)

Common Interests
Posted: 4/22/2013 10:47:27 PM
Bogie: It has been said that opposites attract. Do total opposites attract totally?

Seriously though, you hit the nail dead square on the head. If he loves to fish and you hate getting up early and setting in the sun for hours, what has that got to do with how you interact with each other in other areas? Personally, I like to chase rainbows. Almost caught a couple, but they managed to get away just as I grabbed for them. Would it really bother a woman that I grab the binoculars, climb in the Jeep, pull out into the rain, and take off after a colorful beam of light? I haven't met many women that list that as an interest.

I guess I'm doomed.
 Freudian
Msg: 178 (view)

Dancing
Posted: 4/22/2013 10:35:16 PM
I've pretty much ignored this thread since my posts early on. Tonight I noticed that it has grown to what 8 pages ?? And there's a significant number of posts by the same men that, for some unclear reason, don't like it.

Fine, don't like it, it just leaves more ladies for me.

You just stay out of the places that offer a dance floor and me and my buds will be glad to take the ladies out on the floor and cuddle (snuggle) in time to the music. Or, maybe we'll take them out for a little wiggling on the floor and watch their body parts jiggle about in time to the music. Or, maybe we'll get lucky and have a waltz to dance to. We'll hold them close, wrap our arms around them, inhale their perfume, snuggle (cuddle) up to their necks and whisper to them.

Yep, go right ahead and hate (abhor) it all you want.

Suckers.

Edit: Root canal ?? Really ?? I have to call bullshit on that one.
 Freudian
Msg: 234 (view)

Sensuality in your 50's.....
Posted: 4/21/2013 3:35:23 PM
treker, you make it sound like men have sexual ADD. That we can't concentrate on things because a cute set of boobs walks by. That we may be holding hands with the woman in our life and a cutie in a short skirt walks by and our attention diverts to her. That makes us sound collectively like a jack russell terrier, any motion that catches their eye sends them running. You can almost hear them say, "Squirrel!" before they take off at a dead run leaving everything they were doing previously behind. Men just aren't ...

Look at those boobs over there!!
 Freudian
Msg: 54 (view)

over 50 then look at this
Posted: 4/17/2013 9:08:33 PM

oh for the love of.....another one. I really think POF out to have a section just for the men who insist on lumping all women together as if women are interchangeable in the way they think and act, etc. That way they could have all the bitter/angry/whining/negative/women bashers in one place and they could feed off one another.

Excuse me, what the heck are you talking about?
 Freudian
Msg: 33 (view)

Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/17/2013 8:59:55 PM
Getting back to cuddle vs. snuggle and a personal dislike for certain terms:

I've always preferred certain terms for the female anatomy over others, things like ***** instead of *****, and ***** instead of *****, but I'm especially fond of ***** instead of butt burp.

You keep that vaseline on the OTHER SIDE OF THE ***** ROOM *****.

(kiss this thread goodbye)
 Freudian
Msg: 75 (view)

Ain't Going to Happen.... now what?
Posted: 4/17/2013 8:44:44 PM
I've got relatives that live all over Louisiana and there are Truly all types. One of them is a true Cajun; he has the patois of a Creole and I visit him in the spring during craw-fish season. Another one is pure white trash up in the northern end. A couple live in a dying community on the east side. These people are as different from one another as one can get in this country. White trash has been through two husbands (both dead). Cajun married young and stayed that way for almost 40 years now. The folks on the eastern side are gay and are the best cooks of the bunch (fried chicken).

There's nothing homogeneous about the South. No one description will fit it all or all of them. So, we can sit here and generalize all we want to and all be wrong. They're people, their unique, just like the rest of us. My example of what was preached to the girls is totally true and ancient. I'm sure the philosophy is still held in some areas like West Texas north of Dallas, Georgia between Atlanta and Columbus in the farming country, both sides of the Naches Trace, and the Amish communities in Kentucky near the cave, but I'm not privy to what parents tell their children there any more.

I do know that many of the ancient traditions still hold true for a lot of people. They still dress up for the opening of Keeneland and the Kentucky Derby; they have the entire block over for a crab boil in season; they burn the kudsu off the telephone poles with torches (use propane these days though). So maybe some moms and daughters think differently than the big city folk.

Regarding welfare --- cheap shot. Find something else to whine about.
 Freudian
Msg: 65 (view)

Posted: 4/17/2013 10:32:54 AM
Vixen, I've seen what Giggles is talking about. In the Southern US (deep south), the girls were told, "When you grow up and get married ..." That applies to things like boys, short dresses, staying out later than 9PM, skimpy bathing suits, etc.; the implication is that they will stay at home until they get married, then move in with the husband and start making grandchildren.

Now granted, this was back when I was seven or so (about 1146 years ago) and attitudes were very different as well as totally unrealistic. Back then, in the poor South, it was considered a big deal to actually stay in school and graduate, never mind having enough money to pursue college. And, a set of parents (there were usually two of them back in those days) that managed to get a girl all the way through high school without her getting pregnant, had accomplished the Dream.

A lot of cheerleaders and football heroes were married just after graduation ... funny how that worked out.
 Freudian
Msg: 61 (view)

Women can fix this!
Posted: 4/16/2013 8:47:26 PM
^^I know, I just couldn't help myself ... sorry. But, I HAVE been called both a loser and a smart mouth --- many times. Sheesh, maybe I should start listening to them.

Naw
 Freudian
Msg: 59 (view)

Women can fix this!
Posted: 4/16/2013 5:04:48 PM

I'm still thinking about the tripod...

It's to hold the camera. Goodness, you have a ... oops, I'm reading into it aren't I? That makes me wonder that maybe it's me that has the dirty mind. But, I don't need a tripod to do what is hinted at (for the ones with a dirty mind), I have a piece of string thumb tacked to the ceiling for that.

I'll go crawl back under my rock now.
 Freudian
Msg: 61 (view)

Posted: 4/16/2013 4:57:44 PM
So, the ladies posting here think the OP is a jerk. I read many of the reasons carefully and darned if they aren't right. (that's a southern saying that is sometimes hard to parse; it means they're right).

I started off thinking that the dude was correct and that the gal was just trying to push him into marriage. Then I thought the woman should be mature enough to figure it out. Then I thought he was a bit wishy washy with her. Then I realized the OP is being a jerk. He may actually BE a jerk, can't tell from this thread though.

So, he's got this gal that's 14 years younger than him stringing her along by avoiding the question of long term commitment and feels bad because he had to fess up and admit he's been using her. YES, I know I asked way back there how a woman could be used for sex; now I know.

I can't believe she put up with it as long as she did, there must have been something going on in her life to allow it, but I'm glad she finally woke up. At least she's out there again and a little wiser for the experience.

I try to learn something new every day, filled my quota on this one.
 Freudian
Msg: 57 (view)

Women can fix this!
Posted: 4/16/2013 4:24:16 PM

Those with few clothes on, the lingerie shots or the ones where someone is draped half naked across a bed - those get replies.

Wait ! You mean I can undress and drape across a bed and get replies?? Where's my tripod?
 Freudian
Msg: 55 (view)

Women can fix this!
Posted: 4/15/2013 8:11:48 PM
giggles, goodness, you sound like I addressed every single line directly at you. That's the problem with my using the second person narrative in the post. But, I couldn't use the first person in this case and third person sounded silly.

Sorry.

However, you also used the second person in your post and it sounds like I would be the guy changing your tire. Frankly, I WOULD change your tire if you asked and not think you were a slut at all. Well, I wouldn't think you were a slut because a lug nut stuck and your wrench wasn't long enough to free it.

But, there are two other things that make me wonder

If you allow people to walk on you then dont expect others to respect you when you arent showing respect for yourself for allowing a woman to use you--you wouldnt respect a woman that was a doormat and let men use her--most men would call her a slut and not understand that she is just wanting one man to love her and doing the only thing her environment has taught her to get it.

Huh? I'm sure there are some women that have been trapped into this, but I've never met one. It's been my experience that the women that men call sluts seem to fall into two classes: The ones that turned them down; using the label as a form of revenge. And the women that get stoned on drugs of some kind (booze included) and roll over for the guy supplying them. I don't know any sluts; I think I've seen a few, but don't know for sure.

People walk on me all the time, to me it's part of trusting people. I make a policy of trusting people first and then reacting to the way they treat me. It's my version of respect. I don't make people earn it, they get it for free and then we see what happens. They can borrow a small amount of money and I expect it to be returned quickly, if not, they have just been delegated to the untrustworthy category. From that point on, they can't use me in any way. They need a ride to the shop to pick up their car, I seem to be busy and "What about that 10 bucks you owe me?" There's a couple of people I wouldn't urinate on if they were on fire.

And, I DO consider it a flag of honor doing those things that should be done. Making me a sandwich deserves applause and compliments. A woman that would change the oil on my Harley would get a night out on the town. I'd also expect something for shoveling her horse's droppings. Praise is not to be reserved for special things, it's to be spread around like peanut butter on tummies. I guess I don't consider things that need to be done obligations. I consider them chores and doing chores deserves praise. Really.

Good vs. Nice?? Really, are you going there ... again. As I told the other poster, that's a matter of usage; I have a good pair of shoes and a nice house. I'm not willing to get into nuances of definition when we all know what is being discussed.

And no, I'm not complaining about anything. I'm just telling you what they act like and where to find them. If it sounded like I was complaining, that wasn't my intent. I was just telling it the way it is.

Oh, I think I saw a couple of bad boys at the bar last Saturday night, they were the 40 year olds feeding shots to the 20 somethings wearing the short dresses.
 Freudian
Msg: 50 (view)

Women can fix this!
Posted: 4/15/2013 1:48:54 PM
Re: B1/2 I finally got it. It's Back half. As in, "you can kiss my back half"

Amazing how an insult can't be properly understood without a translation. What the heck good is and insult you don't understand? Oh well.

I really like the idea that you shop for the basics and then adjust them to fit. Nice comparison up there in the thread.
 Freudian
Msg: 47 (view)

Women can fix this!
Posted: 4/15/2013 10:31:22 AM
annie, I'm so sorry you choose not to understand. I'm also sorry that you find solace in and identify with, the trivial aspects of word usage. It's sad that you see the world and most men as needing fixing. It's odd that you completely missed my point about 'romance'. But, such is the nature of some people.

Nice, good, gracious, kind, maybe even dandy are just words that people use to describe things. Most people don't rely on Arianna Huffington to guide their usage of language. Instead, they seem to use her as a source to prove some obscure point they desperately want to cling to. I have a good pair of boots, a good dog, and nice house; how one uses a word is dependent on the cadence of the regional accent, not some article hidden away on the web somewhere.

But, it takes all kinds to mess up the world.
 Freudian
Msg: 13 (view)

scent of an older man
Posted: 4/14/2013 11:26:33 PM
It's absolutely true that men, as they age, develop the ability to change their scents such that frivolous twits are somewhat repelled. It's an autonomic response and is triggered usually by picky female 'whine goddesses' sniffing around them.
 Freudian
Msg: 39 (view)

Women can fix this!
Posted: 4/14/2013 2:47:58 PM
Giggles, you go ahead and believe that crap. If the author actually experienced the 'slow burn', where did it go? Why is he waiting to find it again? Did the burn burn out? On the one hand he says it comes from shared experience, on the other it is something that can be found. Which is it? Do you earn it through effort or find it on a bar stool sucking down lite beer or white wine?

Nice guys don't happily commit because they are low on options. They commit because they value commitment. This strange creature actually believes that commitment is the correct way to interact with a mate.

It has been my experience that nice guys are all over the place. They're the ones that seem to always have a job, or planned well enough to retire comfortably. They take their family to Disneyland and complain about how much it costs. They're setting in the bleachers at the high school. They're often found visiting friends in the hospital, and peeking out the curtains when the daughter returns from a date.

You don't find them hitting on women at bars and parties. You seldom actually see them at bars and parties. Some of the nice guys are single because they were thrown a curve ball by life and wound up alone. Over time, the single ones settle into a routine that is comfortable for them. They're not exciting. They can be romantic, but that depends mostly on the impetus supplied by the woman because they don't need it personally. Nice guys seem to putter and build a life instead of seeking to stumble across it somewhere, or define it as the conquest of someone else. They seem to prefer the company of a few they are close to rather than a herd of acquaintances. To them, fun isn't found, it's something that is constructed and worked for.

Nice guys may have been hurt emotionally, but it didn't change them. They still look at the world and the people in it as an opportunity. They'll forgive, which makes them seem small and desperate. They'll extend their boundaries to include yours as long as it doesn't exceed their own definition of morality. This makes them seem wishy washy. They'll clean up after your horse even if they don't ride themselves. This means they're henpecked. They'll welcome your kids, even if they don't like the tattoos and piercings. They'll ride their motorcycles alone because you can't work up the courage. They'll help around the house and try to understand why you think every horizontal surface should have something displayed on it.

Yes, they appear weak. They're considered the milquetoasts of the world. The guy that will help with the drain, but isn't exciting enough to flirt with. The guy that will change the tire on your car so you can get to your date on time. They're the guys you choose to ignore while you pursue the fast talking, money flashing 'player' that caught your eye across the room.

Go ahead, ignore and belittle them, they're used to it.
 Freudian
Msg: 26 (view)

Women can fix this!
Posted: 4/13/2013 7:23:33 PM
I just went and looked at the site giggles pointed out. What a ridiculous collection of trite crap. The funny thing is that the longer I prowled around in it, the less it made sense.

So, nice guys are just laying in wait for the woman to trust them so they can turn on her?

Yea, that's right. That would mean the jerks that send you women invitations for sex on the first mail are the ones that are honest and trustworthy. Fine, I'm finally learning how to behave properly.
 Freudian
Msg: 13 (view)

exclusive talk on first date
Posted: 4/12/2013 10:54:02 AM
Oh good grief. You're way over thinking this. It was a simple conversation, he was probably kidding around about telling them you found a person. You get to obsessing on the conversation and suddenly start assigning motives.

People say things that have multiple meanings; that's just the way it is. If you research every phrase he used during the date, you'll wind up deciding he's a mass murderer looking for his next victim.

You were just talking for crying out loud. If you really want to know what he thinks, ask him.
 Freudian
Msg: 41 (view)

Posted: 4/11/2013 10:32:55 PM

Lovely view when young men used to manual labour take their shirt off.

Crap, there's that darn 'young' thing again....sigh. No one stare at me when I clean my pool except the dog, and he only wants me to get out of the way.

Come to think of it, no one stared at me when I was young either.
 Freudian
Msg: 10 (view)

Women can fix this!
Posted: 4/11/2013 3:30:18 PM

the nice guys WILL finish last!.

That's the darn problem. After the women try all the 'game players', 'pretty boys', liars, and flakes, you'll finally decide to look for someone that isn't a sociopath (that's a jerk without a conscience, so you don't have to google it).

I was tired of being at the back of the line a long time ago, and it never seems to end.
 Freudian
Msg: 16 (view)

Relocating For The Over 45 Crowd.....
Posted: 4/11/2013 3:24:21 PM
I love my little oasis in the desert, and plan to be planted here someday. Besides, I'm about half way through building the bunker and the generators being delivered in a week or so. I still have the diesel tanks and solar array to install, but the container full of dehydrated food has arrived and I should be able to fit it all in the bunker when it's finished.

Strange, I remind myself of the movie 'Tremors' for some reason....
 Freudian
Msg: 89 (view)

Why do Men of a Certain Age HATE Facebook?
Posted: 4/10/2013 9:27:44 PM
deere's right. I won't tell you exactly how I know, but it is totally possible to steal someone blind over the internet. All one has to do is purchase something from a site using your bank account as the payer. Credit cards are much safer in that they have guarantees that eliminate the transaction when you get scammed.

See, if you use a bank account (this includes debit cards), they get the money, then you have to work to get it back. With a credit card, they get a promise to pay that you can deny if they are not legit. Paypal, hooked into a bank account, is dangerous also, but significantly less so.

Sure, there are billions of dollars traveling around the internet commerce sites every day, and practically none of them are the result of fraud. But it's a numbers game. For every million or so transactions conducted only a tenth of a percent are suspicious. That's a thousand people that just got ripped off. I try very hard not to be part of the 1000.

Regarding facebook: It's a social site, men are much less social than women. Men aren't on the phone as much for personal reasons, they don't make a special point of checking in with folk, and they are content to have a small circle of close friends. facebook is the opposite of what men are usually like.

You should be suspicious of men that 'like' facebook.
 Freudian
Msg: 22 (view)

Posted: 4/10/2013 8:54:56 PM
OK, let me try this numbers thing:

take out 100% of the ones that live too far away.
take out 100% of the bitter sounding whiners that have a list of things they don't want.
take out 100% of the ones that want to 'travel' especially the ones that specifically mention Europe.
take out 100% of the ones that have more than 2 cats.
take out 100% of the ones that don't go camping and have to stay in a hotel.
take out 100% of the ones that specifically mention 'playing games' (they're too critical and paranoid)

crap, there's no one left and I haven't finished the list yet.
 Freudian
Msg: 80 (view)

Coming up to bat and being out of the league.
Posted: 4/10/2013 8:42:52 PM
Way up there somewhere I saw someone using the cliche about the good looking woman sitting at home alone because everyone thought she was out of her league.

I've never ever seen this. Sure, there are a few nights here and there where she was without a date, but those are either by choice or coincidence. I had a really good looking red headed daughter that literally had her choice of men. She would walk into a store and every man in sight would do a double take. She was constantly approached and never, ever paid her own way on dates, or much else for that matter. Fortunately, she finished schooland became an RN before she started chasing them back.

I just don't believe the 'beautiful people' are left out of anything. Someone, somewhere made that stuff up to make people like me feel better about Friday and Saturday night television.
 Freudian
Msg: 19 (view)

Women and the Gay Question?
Posted: 4/4/2013 8:39:29 PM
Reasons a gal doesn't hit on a man:

1. She's a ****

There are no more reasons
 Freudian
Msg: 38 (view)

Do you find that your type does not like you and vice versa?
Posted: 4/4/2013 8:33:50 PM

Do you find that your type does not like you

Wait, I don't have a type! I like all types of women. Crap, that's what's been wrong all along.
 Freudian
Msg: 76 (view)

Instant chemistry vs slow burn
Posted: 4/4/2013 5:54:23 PM
Crap, the people on here can't even agree on what chemistry is. The women think it's more than that surge of attraction that comes when they meet Brad Pitt unexpectedly. The men think it's the burst of testosterone they get when they see skin that isn't normally showing.

Chemistry is lust, plain and simple. Men get it looking at a picture, women sometimes need a little more exposure to feel it.

So, which is more preferable, the slow burn that grows and grows, or the intense grab me now kind. They're both great, and the perfect situation is the intense one turns into a burn that doesn't seem to ever end.

As to the meet and greet. Let's face it, we don't KNOW anything about the people that we correspond with on this site. There's thread after thread describing the lies people tell and the pictures that are misleading. The only way to get past the obvious lie and on to the less obvious ones is to actually see them and spend a small amount of time to assure you're not going to waste a lot more time, effort, money, and emotion on a liar.

Personally, I want to meet them as soon as possible.
 Freudian
Msg: 15 (view)

Women and the Gay Question?
Posted: 4/4/2013 5:42:03 PM
I have to agree with the poster way up there.

You get asked if you're gay because you turn them down. You just rejected them, you're not a creep, you MUST be gay. ONLY a gay guy dances and turns down those beautiful women they dance with.

Women's intuition my back end. Intuition is just a guess based on experience. Men have it too, but they don't rely on it because men settle differences more painfully than women do. If a man asks another one if he's gay, there's a significant chance of a serious confrontation. Women get away with it.

Then claim it's intuition.
 Freudian
Msg: 293 (view)

(Older) women and motorcycles? That many, really?
Posted: 3/31/2013 10:28:43 PM
Thanks, I've heard that before and never figured out what it meant.
 Freudian
Msg: 207 (view)

What Would Compell You To Marry After Age 45?
Posted: 3/31/2013 3:00:45 PM

Freud do you realize how asinine you are starting to sound making assumptions

Nope, I don't. I take what you say and draw a logical conclusion from it. You want people to understand you, say something complete. Else, you get the reputation of being a sea-going bellhop that walks dogs part time.

I don't mind my age showing; at least it's not my angry incoherent rambling confusing people.

So, a gal ripped you off? Good for her.

And, nope, I never, ever did a hard day's work. I let the bell hop carry my bags up to the hotel room for me ; then later, I let them walk my rotty. I love stiffing them on the tip.
 Freudian
Msg: 291 (view)

Posted: 3/31/2013 2:28:26 PM
Paderic, help me understand. What's post Vietnam Vet? Not looking for something to rag on you about, just want to understand.
 Freudian
Msg: 289 (view)

Posted: 3/31/2013 5:40:12 AM
Thanks cstys. I loved the straight pipes until I started doing distance rides. The pipes drove me nuts. I also used to like the vibration the older Harleys had. That got old on a long ride. Now I have mini apes so I can lean back and a passenger seat.

Getting old means softer seats and heated gloves too.
 Freudian
Msg: 26 (view)

Chemistry
Posted: 3/30/2013 9:01:00 PM
But Archiver, you said you found your man in two weeks and moved into an exclusive relationship in a couple of months. Something here doesn't equate.

But, I'm not convinced that lust isn't good enough for the old folks. A couple of years of bliss could well be worth it.
 Freudian
Msg: 194 (view)

Posted: 3/30/2013 8:50:15 PM
Holy poo poo (I wouldn't want to offend any cherubic old farts on this thread), I finally read peerless' profile.

What the heck ??

Where did you get that kind of insulting anger? Talk about a belittling diatribe against women. I hope you find the little wallflower you deserve, and she takes you for anything you have left.

Excuse me, I have to go vomit now.
 Freudian
Msg: 285 (view)

Posted: 3/30/2013 8:36:39 PM

Please don't dis a vet. The soldier did the fighting, the bike had nothing to do with it.

That was in fun and you know it. Don't go making it into a freaking political statement, especially right after your really good post about motorcycles. (1st Marine Corps Expedionary Forces, Third Marine Air Wing, Vietnam, 1968-70)
 Freudian
Msg: 189 (view)

Posted: 3/30/2013 8:22:41 PM

But you have to realize after they take every thing out that they normally take . Then the support is all out of your net pay . Even though it is based on gross it basically all is out of your take home pay .Allot of people do not understand that until they are on the paying end .

In my case I never saw one penny in any type of support all the years I was a single parent

Goodness, you're complaining about how she didn't pay, AND how much it would have been???

How much of what you say do you invent just before you post it?
 Freudian
Msg: 184 (view)

Posted: 3/30/2013 6:44:49 PM

And what exactly is a "troll" mr. Proteus?

I'm not him, but it's: Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with ... (stolen from wikipedia of course). So, I guess I'm a troll also ... sigh.

And, Irish, is that of the net income or the gross? If it's gross, that sort of makes sense, but if it's net, WOW, that could easily break a person. I've been told that the taxes in NY state added together with the Federal comes out to more than 50% of gross, then take that kind of percentage from the net, the person is never going to be able to pay that and live in that state.

Belize anyone?

Show ALL Forums