Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Why does affection turn women off?
 ashleymp
Msg: 4 (view)

Why does affection turn women off?
Posted: 12/19/2006 3:02:28 PM
doing all that on a FIRST date would scare me, too...

Relax, stop trying so hard!
 ashleymp
Msg: 89 (view)

Sensitive, compassionate and affectionate men, are we sought after?
Posted: 12/19/2006 3:00:59 PM
ever hear the famous and notorious saying, girls love bad boys?

It's wrong, but I'll admit it is appealing...
 ashleymp
Msg: 687 (view)

Do You Men Read Our Whole Profiles?
Posted: 12/19/2006 2:58:00 PM
haha, NO, they DON'T!!!

A guy will know by her picture if he wants to talk to her or not...

ashleymp
Msg: 5 (view)

Well this sure took me by surprise....
Posted: 12/19/2006 2:55:41 PM
I would have left, too...

I think (personal opinion ONLY) that if you judge someone for their DEEDS in themself, that's wrong.

However, if you judged her because of your own convictions, i.e., you want someone permanent and stable, so you don't want to go out with her, I think that's perfectly fine.

ashleymp
Msg: 2 (view)

Whats wrong with wanting friends
Posted: 12/19/2006 2:48:07 PM
guys have one thing on their mind: SEX.

Everything else revolves around that.

Brains so tiny that it makes a dinosaur seem intelligent.

Best of luck to all of you....
 ashleymp
Msg: 108 (view)

He Loves Everything About You, Except Your Cat
Posted: 12/19/2006 2:40:42 PM
If he doesn't want my dog around, HE GOES! My dog Daisy is my baby, been with me for 6 and a half years now, and has always guarded me and stayed by my side... if he doesn't like it, GET LOST and TOUGH LUCK!

Now, if they just "didn't get along," I would stay with BOTH as long as he didn't abuse the animal.
 ashleymp
Msg: 38 (view)

Virginity In Modern Society
Posted: 12/19/2006 2:23:33 PM
well, I'm still a virgin (and PROUD of it), though alot of guys give me a hard time because of it... It's been EXTREMELY HARD, but I've done it.
If you have sex, you're a "whore", "hussy", "slut," and a "****".
If you don't, then you're a weird religous zealot freak, "unexperienced" and "undesirable."

Ever heard the story of the man and his son taking the donkey to market?

They start out on the road, walking along the donkey. An onlooker says, " Look at those two fools! Walking and tiring themselves out, when they could be riding the donkey!"

So, the father gets on the donkey. An onlooker says, "He's such a bad father! Look at him, just sitting on his fat ass !!! Any good father would put his child first!"

So, the son gets on the donkey,and the father walks alongside. An onlooker says, "Look! THat lazy son just sitting there, while his poor old father has to walk!"

So, father and son both walked, and tied the donkey's legs to a long stick and carried him to market... need I go on?

People are gonna criticize you regardless. Don't give up your morals just because it seems that all people are. I'm waiting until I find someone who will APPRECIATE all I've saved for him, and NOT make me try to lose it.
 ashleymp
Msg: 80 (view)

How many of you would date a man with no car or license???
Posted: 12/1/2006 10:34:47 AM
I wouldn't even waste my time with him, period! If I drive and have a license, so should he! It's an issue of responsibility! Besides, guys without cars usually only set up "dates" so that you can drive them wherever they want to go...
 ashleymp
Msg: 10 (view)

Beware: eHarmony sucks...
Posted: 11/30/2006 8:00:26 PM
lol.... I would NEVER pay for a dating site, or any similar site for that matter...

But eharmony may not be all that bad... I know a couple who met on there, moved to Arizona, and now have a 9 month old adorable baby girl whom I'm a nanny to.... So they met their match!

I wouldnt pay for a site... but don't rule it out til you've tried it!
 ashleymp
Msg: 21 (view)

Would you Prefer Comedy clubs or Movies on the First date?
Posted: 11/29/2006 6:12:23 PM
movie, hands down! Comedy club would be too... too... crude and uncomfy! in a romantic movie u can snuggle up and kiss...

But still, movie should wait til later... first date is about getting to know a person...
 ashleymp
Msg: 145 (view)

~ Do You Remember Your First Kiss? ~
Posted: 11/29/2006 6:00:51 PM
On a first date... a couple of months ago... we were both laying on a picnic blanket in the park, under a tree, on a absolutely gorgeous day with perfect weather... exactly as I had always dreamed it would be. I was nervous, lying on my stomach, starting to fall asleep (I had barely slept the night before).... and he kept telling me how beautiful and perfect I was... he took hold of my waist, turned me over, and kissed me. After that, I wasn't nervous anymore, and felt really close to him. So I inched closer to him, lol... and we spent most of the afternoon cuddling and kissing, talking and laughing... for me, it was like living in a dream world, an alternate universe, to be so close to someone...

I tend to be shy and closed up, so I sometimes still get nervous around him, but as soon as he kisses me, it all goes away....
 ashleymp
Msg: 9 (view)

Bitter Goodbyes
Posted: 11/28/2006 11:56:55 AM
very touching and heartfelt! Made me tear up!
 ashleymp

am i too young to know what i want?
Posted: 11/22/2006 4:08:20 PM
I thought I knew what I want (I'm still ony 18), then after several crappy first dates, exchanging emails with many insecure weirdos, and a failed attempt at a real relationship, I realized that I could find a man who exhibited all the qualities I thought I "wanted", and we still might not be happy...

It's like you order a cheeseburger at McDonalds, all hungry and ready to devour it, fantasizing about that gorgeous glob of fried cow parts with MSG... then you excitedly open it... yay, they got the order right! and when you take a bite... you make a face and shout, "damn, I didn't want mayo, mustard, or pickles on it!"

It has nothing to do with age... I know several people married for 20+ years , and several people who have been divorced repeatedly...who are still learning.

A friend of mine (way over 40 years old) told me, "no, I don't know everything, I'm still learning. And trust me, you'll never feel 'grown up'." I answered, "I feel so stupid!" and he said, "No you're not stupid, just young... it's all a part of the longest running drama, called LIFE. Trust me, you'll make it."
 ashleymp
Msg: 36 (view)

Why is it when we are hurt so bad we always go back for more???
Posted: 11/22/2006 12:29:53 PM
I asked a really smart friend who's been married for 25 years now (kudos!) that same quesetion a few weeks ago... he told me that "when two people have alot of history together, but they're going through an uncomfortable situation, there can be comfort in that uncomfort...that security... that someone who knows them inside out...

Alot of what keeps women in that type of relationship though is a feeling of guilt. When a woman is abused she usually is victimized into thinking "it's all her fault."

Personally though, what keeps me "going back for more" is the inner need to prove something... prove myself "wrong", prove that he "DOES have some good inside him"... prove that "I love him no matter what" he might have said, prove that I am capable of sustaining a relationship...prove that I am capable of doing whatever he said I couldn't....
 ashleymp
Msg: 76 (view)

Would you risk your heart again
Posted: 11/22/2006 12:09:04 PM
I've been through alot of heartbreak myself... but I wouldn't change one moment of my life for ANYTHING, and if I had the chance, I'd do it all over again.

Love is what makes life worth living... even if you end up in heartbreak.

There's a line in the song "What We Believe In," By Jim Brickman and Pam Tillis. It says, "love is worth the pain, and all the tears you cry." I believe in that with all my heart.
 ashleymp
Msg: 13 (view)

Sacrificing for the SO
Posted: 11/22/2006 11:55:06 AM
yes, the moment one thinks about how much they're "sacrificing", it's usually over. It's called LOVE, when you give of yourself for another. My bf would drive all the way down from Phoenix to Tucson (2-3 hours WITHOUT traffic) just to spend time with me. I felt so bad about him driving all that way, so I'd do little things like cook dinner, go buy a movie to watch together, and I did miss several Classes at the University and several days of work just to be with him. I don't regret one moment of it, and if I had to do it all over again I would.

I guess it's like the old saying, "don't say it, SHOW IT." If you really care, it's not a "sacrifice," but a labor of love.
 ashleymp
Msg: 17 (view)

*The golden rules* and definately not a nice guy thread :P
Posted: 11/22/2006 11:16:29 AM
lol, very long rules... I feel sorry for any guy who dates that woman! But, most of them are true, sadly...
 ashleymp
Msg: 62 (view)

The REALISM of Southern Charm...........
Posted: 11/22/2006 10:18:26 AM
In the south, men are real gentlemen and women are graceful southern belles. (And I'm talking about TRUE southerners, NOT people who moved there.)

I was born in Huntsville,AL, lived there til the month before I turned 18 (when my parents moved and dragged me with them.) I have NOT seen anywhere such hospitality, friendliness, respect, and genuinity as was in my hometown. I'm going back for Thanksgiving! yay!
 ashleymp
Msg: 40 (view)

James Blunt
Posted: 11/21/2006 10:01:11 AM
James Blunt is an AWESOME talented artist... but a bit of a gloom cookie. My favorite songs of his are "beautiful" (which always brings me up when I'm down), and "High". I love high, especially the part where he sings,

"will you be my shoulder
when I'm gray and older
promise me tommorrow starts, with you..."

His song "Goodbye my lover", is ok, a little monotonous... if he had added at least an electric guitar or something it would have been a masterpiece. I guess I just heard it at a VERY wrong time, after separation...so it just made my cry and didn't go to well. And, it's just too "down"!!! For me, the perfect song after breaking up is staind's "Everything Changes," it shows that yeah, you're down... but you've learned! And you know you can't really change anything now anyway. Best part :

If you just walked away
what could I really say
would it matter anyway
it wouldn't change how you feel

I am the mess you chose,
the closet you cannot close
who makes your life impossible
coz the wounds never heal

But everything changes,
If I could
Turn back the years,
iF you could
Learn to forgive me than I could learn to feel

SOmetimes the things I day
In moments of dissarray
succumb into the games we play
to make sure that it's real

When it's just me and you
WHo knows what we could do
If we could just make it through;
through this part of the day

If you just walked away
what could I really say
would it matter anyway
It wouldn't change how you feel

But James blunt is a little way too down... he sounds like he needs to check into a mental health lab depression center, and SOON! But, nevertheless, in all fairness, he is VERY talented. I love his guitar intro on "beautiful", and I loved "high" so much that I found the music sheets and learned to play it on the guitar. But, "GOodbye my lover" is too gloomy, and WAY TOO psychologically tormenting. Even the narrarrator can't make up his mind! he's saying "goodbye," says "I'm addicted to you", "I cannot live without you," but then he says "We had our doubts and now we're fine..." GEEZ, MAN! MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!!!

But, I got the back to bedlam CD too, and I love it... sheer artistry. I love the pill on the CD itself, too... made me laugh! And I always pay attention to the lyrics (I memorize entire songs, lyrics, chords and all...), so yes, he does have a way of touching the listener emotionally. During "high," I get really romantic..."beautiful" lifts me up whenever I'm down... and "goodbye my lover" did make me cry. I'm wondering though, if I cried coz he's "such a great artist", or becoz I heard it at the wrong time, right after separation....

I guess I'll never know!
 ashleymp

Why cant people just tell the truth
Posted: 11/20/2006 6:13:44 PM
Why can't people tell the truth?
Simple.

Cause the truth is harder.
Cause the truth hurts.
Cause it's easier to make yourself appear stronger by lying.
And (hello boys!) Cause it's easier to build yourself up when you're tearing others down (this one's for all the guys!!! ).

And the main reasons?
Everyone falls for the lies.
But NO ONE EVER believes the truth.

And that which you claim to hate in others, is really only what you despise about yourself.
 ashleymp
Msg: 602 (view)

Do You Men Read Our Whole Profiles?
Posted: 11/20/2006 5:59:22 PM
ha ha, NO! I have had times when I have had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on my profile, no pics, no description, no NOTHING! But, still, they would email me saying , "hey I saw your profile, and I liked what I saw. you seem like a very interesting girl, very deep (LOL!), profound, and I'd love to get to know you better. Hit me back!"
then I talked with other friends on this site and they had gotten the EXACT same message! Also I've wwritten stuff like, "already found my love," or "don't IM me unless you email me first," and the **stards STILL try it!

truth? Men are hornballs. THey don't read a crap of what we write here. Basically, they know if they're gonna talk to you or not by looking at your photographs.
 ashleymp
Msg: 8 (view)

Who was your first kiss with and how old were you....
Posted: 11/20/2006 2:30:32 PM
I got mine about 5 or 6 weeks ago... so no, gazchap, you ain't a late starter!

It was exactly as I always dreamed my first kiss would be... in the park, lovely day, perfect weather, laying sprawled out on the picnic blanket... the rush and tingling sensation that went through my body was amazing! exactly as I had aways dreamt and pictured my first kiss to be!
I miss him so much!
 ashleymp
Msg: 8 (view)

A woman with another woman's husband
Posted: 11/20/2006 1:39:42 PM
NO!!! It's terrible!

Also there's a certain line between relationships... I think it's ok to have friends that are married, as long as they stay friends... One of my best friends is a married man old enough to be my dad, who gives me guidance in everything in life from relationships to careers. Being too jealous and controlling can ruin a relationship just as bad... that's what happened to my parents. You have to have some trust and respect, or your marriage won't last! I was never suspicious of my ex, because I trusted he was honest with me, as I was with him.

But anyone who purposely wants to screw someone married, and finds it exhilirating, is sick !
 ashleymp
Msg: 46 (view)

can you stay friends with an ex?
Posted: 11/15/2006 6:17:52 PM
lol...I'm the one who wants more!
*sigh* I'd like to think that you can stay "just friends"... but it wouldn't last that way long... the old, cuddling, kissy ways would probably creep back...
 ashleymp
Msg: 4 (view)

what is your take on mini skirts?
Posted: 11/15/2006 6:15:25 PM
I like mini skirts!
I like to wear them, ALOT!
If I'd wear them or not in front of a guy depends on who I'm with...
With close friends, I wear them all the time.
At school, or with gal pals, YES!
BF? maybe...depends...
Any first date? NO!
Anyone I just met recently? NO!
Church? NO!
Around someone married? NO!
Around someone notoriously really sexual? NO

I don't really have the figure for them...but I like them anyway!
 ashleymp
Msg: 131 (view)

Verbal Abusers
Posted: 11/15/2006 6:10:30 PM
it IS as bad, if not worse. Physical abuse may hurt your body...But verbal abuse crushes your spirit. No woman should take ANY of that.

And I say this out of experience.
 ashleymp
Msg: 69 (view)

The pain of your ex seeing someone else
Posted: 11/15/2006 1:22:18 PM
Perfectly normal! Or, then I'm weird too....

After an awkward situation, He said that he still wanted me to be his girl, and I never wrote back... nearly a month has gone by, now...so I wonder if he still wants to be with me, or already has someone else... I'd return to him in a heartbeat!

But, my wounded ego and pride don't allow me to make the move, prove I actually do NEED him....

so I'll spend all my life wondering, "what if" I suppose...
 ashleymp
Msg: 26 (view)

Dating someone not very intelligent
Posted: 11/11/2006 5:54:17 PM
LOL! I couldn't help but think....maybe that's why guys will only go out on a few dates with me before they ditch me!
I'm a little slow, and definitely not up on current events, and I always need things to be explained to me...so now I know why I'm still alone!
 ashleymp
Msg: 29 (view)

The ultimate heartbreak
Posted: 11/11/2006 5:32:06 PM
I'm sorry. I don't have any kids, but I know that for parents who lose a child the pain is unbearable. My Grandmother died and I can't get over it. What feels so bad was that She was always there for me and I couldn't even be at her deathbed (being nearly 2000 miles apart). I wish I could rewind time and just tell her "i love you" at the moment she was dying. I cry over it, and I just miss her so badly....
 ashleymp
Msg: 7 (view)

is it possible to stay friends without staying attached?
Posted: 11/11/2006 9:36:14 AM
It's possible... I guess I could... But I want so much more than that!
 ashleymp
Msg: 6 (view)

is it possible to stay frind without staying attached?
Posted: 11/4/2006 7:01:50 AM
My mom remained friends with every single ex she ever had, even after getting married, so I guess it may be possible.

Me on the other hand, I can't do it. Feelings are too strong. I'd really really miss that person and want him back as more than a friend.

Just my two cents worth...well, yeah, it's worth less than that.
 ashleymp
Msg: 42 (view)

I Still CRY at Night ALONE!!
Posted: 11/4/2006 6:57:19 AM
I still do cry, sometimes....though I know he rendered it over, and I shouldn't be... and will probably continue to do so til the day that special someone holds me in his arms... if I live long enough to see that day, lol...

It's mixed feelings. You wonder really WHY it had to happen, though you know it was for the best...but you wonder if it was your fault, too, no matter how much your friends tell you that you're "so special", "deserve so much better," "will find the right one," and "no, no no, baby, it wasn't your fault, at all".

And, you miss the sweetness, the love, the time spent together that is now so empty....
 ashleymp
Msg: 132 (view)

Ever get an email like this....???
Posted: 10/16/2006 3:29:33 PM
""Ha ha! He was probably too busy with his creative writing class to contact you....""

LOL!!!! Awesome hilarious one, fit bird!

My advice, just be cautious, interrogate...it may be a lie, but it may be the truth...

Remember this: Don't get hurt, but don't hurt anyone else, either...
 ashleymp
Msg: 18 (view)

First Kiss Quiz
Posted: 10/8/2006 2:01:29 PM
sorry...hit the "post" button twice, lol...
 ashleymp
Msg: 17 (view)

First Kiss Quiz
Posted: 10/8/2006 1:45:49 PM
lol, my results:
your first kiss will be innocent. You're a little shy, but not afraid to show someone you care. People who care for you love you deeply because of how unaffected you are from the harsh world around you. You're first kiss is likely to be special.
26214 other people got this result!
This quiz has been taken 169570 times.
14% of people had this result.

LOL,then I took it again...this time my results were a little different:
Your first kiss will be passionate. You love love and to be loved and you want to let your partner know how much you care. You can be a little closed up to some people but you don't hide things. Your first kiss is special to you because you think of it as a part of yourself, and that's why its so passionate.
29395 other people got this result!
This quiz has been taken 169573 times.
16% of people had this result.

ALSO>>>>I took the "what is annoying about you quiz", lol...and it said:
You're too bouncy! Now calm down and sit down. I said sit down! Sheesh. Man, it's okay to be happy, but you're hyper and jumpy at all the wrong times. So sugary...must get away!
1889 other people got this result!
This quiz has been taken 4818 times.
39% of people had this result.
 ashleymp
Msg: 36 (view)

POF addiction
Posted: 10/5/2006 6:33:31 PM
LOL, yes, this site is VERY addicting...I have almost been to the point of deleting my profile SEVERAL times, only to find myself rewriting it over and over and over.... I log off only to get back on 15 minutes later...

It IS SCARY! lol, VERY addicting!
 ashleymp
Msg: 31 (view)

does looks really count ?
Posted: 10/2/2006 5:29:04 PM
Yes, looks count.
Think of a blue-haired ten-tattooed man.
Think of a man in a business suit.
Think of a girl wearing punk gothic clothes.
Think of a girl in a little sundress.
Then, think of the girls with skirts all the way down to their ankles and sweaters 3 sizes to big.
Think of the girls who always smell like they came out of softball practice, and wear always the same jersey and shorts.
And think of the women in professional dress.

Without even TALKING to these people, you usually make your own impression and thoughts about them. It's a sad fact, whether we judge correctly or not.
 ashleymp
Msg: 13 (view)

Would you meet up with old exe's to see where you went wrong?
Posted: 10/2/2006 2:29:09 PM
Heck, YEAH!!! What movie was it? Now I've gotta now...
 ashleymp
Msg: 46 (view)

Should women show cleavage on first date
Posted: 10/1/2006 11:56:49 AM
LOL
Well, personally, I like to wear low-cut things... I have decent cleaveage and it makes me feel sexy...

But once, months ago, I went on a date with a guy, and I wore brown gaucho pants with a lacy pink camisole. It was not even that low-cut, it only showed that I did have "something" there....

And he spent the entire **** evening watching my boobs!!!

I wore the same outfit with a date on another (different) guy later on, and he didn't even notice.

So, do what you want, all men are different and all men will see it in a different light. I know some guys who see it as "sexy," while others think of you as a slut for wearing it.

Wear what you feel confident in! I feel sexy and confident in lacy camisoles, sundresess... I would die If i had to show up at a date in sweatpants!
 ashleymp
Msg: 15 (view)

They Say Men Should Always Make The First Move, But Should We?
Posted: 10/1/2006 11:44:34 AM
The bold, working women usually make the first moves.

However, I was raised in the south with very old-fashioned values, so I wouldn't even CONSIDER walking up to a guy and making the first move.

So, it doesn't matter who makes the first move, I guess. But if you can't stand strong independent women who will some day earn a higher salary then you, MAKE A FIRST MOVE and go for the shy chicks!
 ashleymp

Some animals find and stay with their mates until one dies.
Posted: 10/1/2006 7:58:40 AM
LOL, well, we're not animals!
We have a mind capabale of high intelligence and thought! Therefore, we know the consequesnces and outcomes of cheating are no good! Not to us, not to our mate, and even WORSE for our kids.
 ashleymp
Msg: 24 (view)

Have you ever had a passionate kiss that rendered you unable to walk?
Posted: 9/30/2006 3:33:05 PM
Well, I had one boy give me one on the cheek during a dance in junior high, while standing behind me and holding me close, and it felt exactly like that...and time stood still.... I couldn't breathe, couldn't walk, just stood there lost in the moment, unaware af the blaring music, the over 400 students present....

Then the next day I caught him kissing another girl, on the lips, neck, cheeks, ears.....I couldn't believe how naive I had been and how I had been fooled. But I wasn't mad. No, I spent too much time crying about him to be mad. It still tears me up whenever I think about it.
 ashleymp
Msg: 143 (view)

Why do people think 80s hair is still cool?
Posted: 9/30/2006 3:26:54 PM
Well, in my short lifetime, I've seen 60's and 70's styles, stuff my mom wore, come back in style. Look at the stores, slowly 80's stuff are coming in! Wake up! lol...

Weird hairstyles, oversized shirts with tight leggings, bold stripes and big bold beads are all coming in.....

80's styles are coming back ! RUN!!!! lol
 ashleymp
Msg: 153 (view)

Why men don't date strong women...
Posted: 9/18/2006 12:07:29 PM
Cool, this is something I had thought of before, but I thought it was jsut a weird personal conclusion... now I know that Im not the onle one who thinks that way!
 ashleymp

The pain does go away
Posted: 9/11/2006 10:31:58 PM
Sometimes people (heartlessly) judge you, and say you are a bad person, "oh, coz she was dumped", or "he didn't like you", and all this crap.

Truth is, all the happiness, all the heartache,all the love, all the hate, are what have made you the person you are today.

I've dealt with heartache, oh, so much, that it hurts even now, years later. But I've also dealt with love. And I wouldn't change a moment of my past or erase one moment of it for ANYTHING in the world.
 ashleymp
Msg: 50 (view)

How do I get him back?
Posted: 9/11/2006 7:10:53 AM
Sounds to me like a pretty average situation. I KNOW, it's really painful, but guys are like that. They can go a loooong time without seeing, calling, and they won't care! Women have more specific criteria...man just adjust to whatever they find...A friend (oh, yes a GUY friend) once told me, "We're a bunch of dumb dogs,we dont have the mind capable of such thinking as women do." When I was soooooo confused as to what a guy really "wanted", he also told me, "all we want is to be loved." Those two bits of advice are what have gotten me through relationships...I don't know, maybe it'll help you...

Kepping that in mind, YOU WILL find someone who appreciates you, don't worry. I the meantime, go look in the mirror, and tell yourself, "I'm smart, I'm beautiful, I've got alot going for me, and baby, I'm single and available!"

One more anecdote for your pleasure: Late Night Show host Conan O'Brien said:
"In a recent study, it was found that women have better verbal skills than men. Well, to the authors of that study I just wanna say....DUH!"
 ***ashley***
Msg: 72 (view)

Pathological Liars
Posted: 9/6/2006 6:50:50 PM
Just wanted to say,
These people are from messed up families and abusive backgrounds. BELEIEVE ME,they have gone thru more kleenex since the day they were born then u have since the day u got into that relationship. THey may seem stubborn, inobstinate, shameless... but they're human beings. They do have so many feelings. Most are locked up out of fear, and lies are all they can say.

When you're growing up, afraid of getting beaten, raped...you learn to lie when people ask you for information, quesstions, favors...

As you grow older, you've gotten so used to it, u cant stop. YOu think everyone is out to get you, and are plotting against you.
Trust me, voice of experience.
 ***ashley***

KIDS OUTLOOK ON relationships
Posted: 9/6/2006 6:27:56 PM
LOL,i have heard this one before, but nevertheless it always makes me laugh again.
SInce kids and relationships are the subject now, I'll say a little anecdote of my own.

Last winter I was filling out the FAFSA, when my little sister Cristina told me to play with her. I told her, "i cant I'm busy" she replied "doing what" and I said " getting ready for college."
SHe said, "Why do u need to go to college?" I had NO IDEA what to tell a 5 year old...kids dont understand salaries, degrees....so I just said "I need to go to college so I can get smart." She seemed satisfied with the answer, til a few days later she was playing with a friend in the yard and said, very randomly, "my sister has to go to college, coz she's not that smart."

LOL, never again do I confide in little kids!

Once my little sister Amaris, age 5 at the time (now 7) asked me to take her somewhere. I said I couldnt, I had left my driver's license at home. She asked, "what's a driver's license?" before I could reply , my sister Maddie, then 7 (now 9), answered without hesitation, "it's a library card with your picture on it, and if the police catches u driving without it, ur dead meat."
 ***ashley***

Drawbacks of Online Dating Services
Posted: 9/6/2006 6:02:03 PM
Hmmm
I think when we meet people, or have an online OR offline relationship, we do have UNREAL expectations. I've come to learn that My perception of roamce and the perfect guy isnt "my perception" at all, It's what I've been TRAINED to think, and we all have been trained to think, thru Hollywood and all the entertainment industry, and even our families.

For example, you go out on a date, kiss a girl...no fireworks in the skies, no violins wailing... did u do something wrong? Why dont we " click?" You must not be meant for each other,right?

And u bring the "woman u always dreamed of" home to meet ur parents, coz "she's just perfect!" well, at least u THOUGHT she was... til mommy told u all her faults.

Just my two cents worth, not really worth anything. I've been dissapointed ALL my life. I had felt this way for a while and I thought I was weird. Now I know I'm not the only weirdo around
 ashleythequestionasker
Msg: 32 (view)

Why do guys LIKE to torture girls?
Posted: 9/5/2006 8:03:14 AM
hmm....no, not too young to be on here. The minimum age is 18.

Not too young to get your heart broken, either.

Show ALL Forums