Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: at almost 40 how do you stay modern with out sacrificing morals
 KrimsonGray
Msg: 21 (view)

at almost 40 how do you stay modern with out sacrificing morals
Posted: 4/14/2010 11:34:32 PM

Simple. Quit worrying about what other people think.

This. No one out there is better or worse than anyone else. A hundred years from now, I can't think of anyone who's going to end up with a shrine or a statue to them. And they aren't paying my bills for me, so why should their opinion matter? Life is too short to worry about what other people think of you. Play by your own rules, enjoy life on your own terms, and to hell with anyone who thinks they have a right to interfere with that.
 KrimsonGray
Msg: 44 (view)

Did you expect to be single this late in life?
Posted: 4/14/2010 11:28:40 PM
Well, I'm not 40 yet but its less than two years away for me. I've had some interesting knocks in my life, and too be honest I'm kind of surprised I'm still breathing. My health really went to heck a few years ago (when I hit 300 lbs). Somehow, I managed to get working again, and lost 40 lbs. Like most Canadians, I live from month to month and am lucky to be able to pay my bills. So being single doesn't come as a surprise to me. I just try and enjoy what I have, because you never know when it will be taken away. If I am fortunate enough to find someone to share that with, then great. If not, I'm not going to let it get me down.
 KrimsonGray
Msg: 39 (view)

heaven- a punishment or a reward...
Posted: 4/14/2010 11:15:50 PM
I like the phrase, "Angels have wings so they can get OUT of Heaven". Mind you, I think God was Humanity's creation to begin with. And if there is a God, there is more evidence in the Bible itself to suggest that God is not very pleasant. The term "God is Love" appears twice (in 1 John 4), and that's it. I can't even count how many times God's Wrath comes up. But God being a being of love is hard to swallow, the first chapter of Joshua (where God orders him to Genocide all sorts of people) is pretty repugnant. I'd rather have Oblivion, but in the case there is a Supreme Being, then I think that "Damned if you do, and damned if you don't" pretty much sums things up.

Unless of course, God has nothing to do with all those religions created in her name, and actually wants us to forge our own destiny and become a race of peers, rather than a petting zoo full of sheep.

Show ALL Forums