Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Athletic body type and the people that have them
 Fede_83
Msg: 50 (view)

Athletic body type and the people that have them
Posted: 12/27/2012 10:54:51 PM
I doubt the "body type" section refers to athletic ability, but rather only to what you look like. The categories on POF are sometimes blurry, but to me, and to most people I know, athletic simply means someone who looks fit. Not compared to your age group or friends, but objectively fit. Think someone with some level of muscularity and low body fat levels with definition. A lot of high level professionnal athletes don't have an athletic body type, but they can perform feats that most of us would not even dream of. And yet, they should be clicking on either average, thin or "few extra pounds".
 Fede_83
Msg: 59 (view)

Is she leading me on?
Posted: 10/13/2010 10:45:23 PM
Buddy, don't listen to the moralistic/emotional advice here. Don't forget the objective, to become more than a friend, not to do the "right thing" based on someone else's code of conduct. NEVER fess up. EVER. It's the equivalent of showing all of your cards during a poker game, and almost like taking a 12 gauge shotgun and firing at your nuts. Sure, you'll feel "lighter" after and all that "lovely" stuff, but you'll create awkwardness and a distance that's counterproductive to what you want.

So, what to do? You're going to have to seduce her, and it won't be easy since you're her friend. You could try to plant a seed of the idea that you could be more to her in her mind. Maybe try doing some more physical activities with her, like sports and such, where adrenalin and contact come together. Good things to get her to associate :P Good luck!
 Fede_83
Msg: 29 (view)

When is the right time to become an item?
Posted: 10/13/2010 10:21:51 PM
If it feels like it is, then it is. No need to overanalyze everything. With that being said, I don't think you should feel insulted if he wants sex. He has needs, and a man will only accept going without for so long before feeling like he's being used as an emotional tampon. Some are willing to wait more than others.
 Fede_83
Msg: 58 (view)

What is the Nature of Reality?
Posted: 9/14/2010 10:40:25 AM
"I have known many gods. He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply. I seek not beyond death. It may be the blackness averred by the Nemedian skeptics, or Crom's realm of ice and cloud, or the snowy plains and vaulted halls of the Nordheimer's Valhalla. I know not, nor do I care. Let me live deep while I live; let me know the rich juices of red meat and stinging wine on my palate, the hot embrace of white arms, the mad exultation of battle when the blue blades flame and crimson, and I am content. Let teachers and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content."

— Robert E. Howard
 Fede_83
Msg: 45 (view)

does it leave you in awe
Posted: 9/13/2010 10:55:47 PM
So, the universe has expanded...or has it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh8uZUzuRhk
Read up on quantum entanglement. THAT is mind blowing.
 Fede_83
Msg: 9 (view)

Back into the fray?
Posted: 9/13/2010 10:30:40 PM
I'm no expert at this, and not even in your age range, but I'll give you my impression, and you do as wish with it. I liked the pictures. You don't pull the old "myspace angles" trick, and you look good. Your profile is ok, but I found it kind of lacked some soul. You know, something to make it a fun read and not just a Sears catalogue description. Anyways, you'll probably still get plenty of bites, since you've got looks on your side, and us men being who we are... :D
 Fede_83
Msg: 10 (view)

My profile suits me perfectly
Posted: 9/10/2010 10:08:06 AM
May I suggest a shorter equation? Think about your audience. I'm sure you're weeding out a lot of good girls because your profile requires work to be understood, when you're in the fast food of dating.
 Fede_83
Msg: 14 (view)

Alright, dissect me like a frog!
Posted: 9/8/2010 7:09:20 PM
Ok, the jury has decided that the litigating part is not helpful! It'll be changed. I'll also tinker some of the cynical humor . The whisky thing hmm...tough call, I love organizing the club, and I'm not an alkie :P. But I can definitely see how some girls might think so.

Pics wise....all of you are right. I'll have to take a camera and just purposely take pics for POF, because I'm not much of a camera/picture guy...oh well, it takes what it takes. Thank you all for your time!
 Fede_83
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 9/7/2010 9:08:36 PM

I actually enjoyed the read. Now get some decent photos.

Cool, thanks! I'll try to ge some pic wearing my suit hmmm.
 Fede_83

Posted: 9/7/2010 9:16:36 AM

First list your correct education level.

? I DO have a masters degree. Why would I lie about that?
 Fede_83
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 9/6/2010 11:13:48 PM
Ok, that took some work. What do you guys think of the newly updated profile? The pictures part might take a bit longuer though.
 Fede_83
Msg: 25 (view)

Cutting Calories
Posted: 9/2/2010 12:21:01 PM
OP, do you drink coffee? Try switching to yerba mate instead. It'll help you with the binging, as it suppresses appetite, it increases metabolism and it's WAY healthier than coffee.
 Fede_83
Msg: 34 (view)

Fairer lawyers...
Posted: 9/1/2010 1:29:12 PM
Wow, this crap is REALLY getting old. We should just let all of the "geniuses" that think they don't need lawyers go and present their cases to the court, and see what happens. You'll probably end up enjoying your new boyfriend bubba in your new home behind bars.

Yeah, there are lousy lawyers. So? You have no idea of how many hours I don't bill my clients just because I'd rather overprepare for a case than just give them a standard service. You also have no idea of how many hours can go on things that non lawyers consider petty. "I shouldn't be paying you for your own education, you're supposed to know all of the law!" is one I hear often when I bill clients for legal research. Like...are you #$?%$ kidding me?

And, most people get all nervous, sweaty and jittery whenever they go and testify in a trial (be it their own or someone else's), yet we go ahead and make taking the heat our living. But noooo, we don't deserve our pay...then go and do it on your own! I'll go build a plane while you do that. Who needs an engineer? We'll probably end up the same way : crashing and burning.

Also, most civil litigation NEVER ends in court, as it is almost always settled before. That should be an indication of something (most of us are not out there to stiff you wink wink, going to trial is way more profitable for us WINK WINK).
 Fede_83
Msg: 11 (view)

Building size as opposed to strength
Posted: 8/31/2010 8:18:22 PM

Periodization should include strength,hypertrophy,endurance at minimal. You can take it further but thats what I focus on with my workouts that I design. I do 12 weeks programs with 4 weeks in each phase.

Chat has good stuff as so do others but like I said there are probably as many workouts as trainers but the basics will always work as a foundation.

You also have to look at the level of the athlete that is recommending a program and why doing programs from magazines is a bad idea as those guys are Elite athletes and most use stuff that I would rather avoid if you know what I mean.

Yeah, very true. Chad's stuff varies in its intended audience. Some workouts are for beginners, some others, not so much! I think OP should just stick to a compound lifts/3 sets of 8-12 reps/3 times per week/6-8 exercises full body workout for a bit of time (month and a half?) if her trainees are beginners though, just to build some foundations. Gotta keep it simple!
 Fede_83

Building size as opposed to strength
Posted: 8/31/2010 12:12:57 PM
Let me suggest you some reading.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=643686

These are all of Chad Waterbury's workouts on Testosterone nation. If you're a beginner, I suggest going for his ABBH 1 & 2. It won program of the year on T-Nation. Chad's stuff is good.
 Fede_83
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 8/30/2010 6:45:45 PM

Hi Fede….you should be batting 1000 here…or at least 950(...)Hope that helps. DenverSky5280

Wow, you just wrote an "How to" guide for me right there! Definitely more than I asked for. Thank you! I'm going to be inactive for a couple of days, so I can get some ideas on how to start over (but I'm glad you got the Rodin reference ;) )
 Fede_83
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 8/30/2010 2:49:08 PM
Well, it couldn't be clearer.Thanks for the feedback! I'll have to ponder on what to put in there hmmm
 Fede_83
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 8/30/2010 9:47:44 AM

I have seen a profile like this before, it could work. How is your success with it?

So far, I'd compare it to fishing with dynamite...in the desert :P . I'd say I contacted + - 80 girls, and got about 3 serious replies, and no meets. Yeah...

I catch your drift about the "extraordinary". I did it like that because I couldn't help but to get a gag response out of the 95% of the profiles I saw (you know, a shopping list of qualities that shows you probably have none!). I may have gone a bit far though :P Thanks!

Alright people, keep the comments coming. Break me and make me better!
 Fede_83
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 8/30/2010 9:05:17 AM
Thanks! And no need for the warning, since the point of this exercise is to press a reset button and make a better profile. Anyone else?? Come on, I don't bite, frogs don't have teeth! (or do they?)
 Fede_83
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 8/30/2010 1:04:40 AM
I will now ramble until the 200 word limit is reached. Here, interesting quote to keep you entertained until we get there:

“Courageous, untroubled, mocking, and violent — that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.”

Well, what are you waiting for? Dissect my profile like a dead frog! (I'll take care of tossing it in the garbage it needs be)

Show ALL Forums