Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: accepts messages only from certain users on a match
 Sonic98
Msg: 6 (view)

accepts messages only from certain users on a match
Posted: 3/9/2017 2:54:09 PM
Did they change it to 10?
 Sonic98
Msg: 13 (view)

Time to get rid of the meet me function?
Posted: 3/5/2017 4:04:54 PM
I get notifications, but usually they all go away when I click on one. I don't get e-mails about matches anymore, though I have not changed anything. Also, POF doesn't do a great job of matching people who are close.
 Sonic98
Msg: 4 (view)

Can't get earlier thread of a conversation
Posted: 3/5/2017 4:03:07 PM
I get this problem on mobile. On web it just lets me go to previous pages of conversation. On my phone, I seem to only be able to see one page even if that one page is from the day before
 Sonic98
Msg: 158 (view)

Username search
Posted: 3/5/2017 4:01:42 PM
I still have it on web and Windows app. I don't have it on iOS. I guess this will be an upgraded feature eventually SMH
 Sonic98
Msg: 3 (view)

Meet Me suggestion
Posted: 3/5/2017 3:59:58 PM
On most sites the maybe is considered a yes, and if the person clicks yes you match. I think on here Maybe is treated like a no. It seems on POF when I hit maybe, that choice just gets lost in the wilderness
 Sonic98
Msg: 18 (view)

Why do women not respond to me (Check my Profile)
Posted: 3/5/2017 3:56:34 PM
I think my issue might be I don't take pics well. But also POF seems to be overrun with P2P profiles, at least for people in my area. POF also seems to have more inactive profiles than it once had. I usually get a decent amount of responses. But a few years back, it was rare for me to not get a response from almost everyone I contacted. Also, I'm running across a lot of profiles of females asking guys to have some special greeting when you contact. Apparently speaking and introducing yourself is an old idea post-2015
 Sonic98
Msg: 1 (view)

List Suggested Profiles
Posted: 3/5/2017 3:51:17 PM
I guess that is what the feature is supposed to be called. It's the profiles you see when you first come onto POF or when you check your messages. I think on web version it actually says something like "check out these profiles." Anyway is there a way to get to a list of these profiles, or has anyone noticed that sometimes the same one never comes up again? It's not much of a problem on a computer, but on a mobile version it's annoying. I might see a profile of someone I want to check out, or I might see two. If I click on one or click on the wrong one, who knows when I'll ever see the one I wanted to check out pop up again. On a computer I can just open up multiple taps. POF used to have a phone version and a tablet version off the the mobile apps. The tablet versions used to keep the profiles across the top of the screen, the same way it keeps the navigation bar across the bottom. Now after getting back on mobile for the first time in a while, I notice they don't have a mobile version that works that way anymore. It seems like they should have this feature or a way to open multiple profiles at once.
 Sonic98

Is It Agaianst TOU to have 2 active profiles?
Posted: 3/5/2017 3:40:44 PM
I'm not about to report anyone. Maybe someone forgot their password. Maybe they live between cities. Maybe they know how stupid the age restrictions are. It could be anything
 Sonic98
Msg: 16 (view)

only accept messages from upgraded users
Posted: 3/5/2017 3:38:49 PM
This is just another stupid resctriction POF has added. And to the person who said it's a good way for the them to weed people out, I really hope you're joking. Anyone who enabled this on purpose might be secretly a P2P profile. And as for not sending much of a first message, too many females on here have rectrictions on short messages as well
 Sonic98

Is it just me or this site not as active as before?
Posted: 3/5/2017 3:34:47 PM
I agree. There just is not much activity on POF anymore. I think POF has run a lot of people off. Maybe people below a certain age have just moved on from POF. I'm start ing to see the same profiles over and over again every week. And there just aren't as many people to really have conversation with from the people who are on here
 Sonic98
Msg: 53 (view)

Blocked? or deleted Account?
Posted: 3/5/2017 3:32:09 PM
I think the way they delete everything after someone account is gone or you are blocked is stupid. They're going to be deleted in 30 days anyway. Just let that catch it. There have been plenty of times someone messaged me before deleting an account, and I come back to nothing. I have no idea what their last message was. If someone blocks me, just let them not show up for me at all, so I can search through people I can actually talk to, and I don't miss out on their last couple messages. What if they blocked me by mistake?
 Sonic98
Msg: 109 (view)

P2P.. Really?!!? Not that desperate
Posted: 3/5/2017 3:28:01 PM
This is just getting ridiculous. Half the profiles I run across, before I even get a chance to contact them, I see something on thier profile about P2P. It's just crazy. Between all the stupid contact restrictions POF has put in place, people who rarely get on, and these P2P profiles, POF is just becoming of wasteland of pointless profiles.
 Sonic98
Msg: 40 (view)

Only accepts messages from upgraded users Really ??
Posted: 3/5/2017 3:18:02 PM
This is just another dumb restrictions. Probably one of these pay to play females
 Sonic98

accepts messages only from certain users on a match
Posted: 3/5/2017 3:11:03 PM
This is stupid. I think like most other sites. Any time two people match all restrictions should be thrown out the Windows. Also, POF needs to get rid of these generic messages. They need to go back to listing people's restrictions in their "about me" on mobile apps, and tell me you the exact restriction i.e. Age, distance, status, looking for etc,
 Sonic98
Msg: 1 (view)

Deleting messages of deleted accounts
Posted: 10/3/2016 7:28:20 AM
I know of no other sites that do this. Most don't even do it for blocked accounts. Sometimes you miss out on important last messages from people when this happens
 Sonic98
Msg: 9 (view)

POF MAIL: Wrong time on emails sent
Posted: 6/22/2015 7:13:58 AM
So, you have to choose a time zone at account creation? I'll go into my account and see if I can now
 sonic98

Windows Phone 7/8 app
Posted: 12/28/2014 7:04:08 PM
The new app is decent but still needs work. The main reason I use either the iPad app or simply use the website is because its so easy to lose the profiles of the " other profiles you should check out" Section. On a computer I just open in another tab. On iPad that bar is separated from rest of app sections. It's always there. On all other apps you never know if you'll get same thumbnails on home screen.

Also, I don't see a way to report these scam profiles.

There were some others, but they have to come back to mind.
 Sonic98
Msg: 46 (view)

Dating as an Introvert..
Posted: 5/29/2014 9:16:06 AM
I think dating an introvert or an extrovert just comes with different experiences. How you lead or don't lead the conversation, what type of settings you go to, what you expect from them, etc is just different. I read something not long ago about each interprets things differently on dates.
 Sonic98
Msg: 95 (view)

Is Online Dating Addictive?
Posted: 5/29/2014 9:14:49 AM
I don't think it's anymore addictive than regular dating, but it's just something you're going to do if you have the time and haven't found anyone yet
 Sonic98
Msg: 103 (view)

Serial daters on this site
Posted: 5/29/2014 9:13:16 AM
I've run into a lot of women on this site and others who re-create their profile multiple times. I'm sure men do it to. I don't see anything wrong with it. Most of the ones I've seen are not pretending they're all the sudden here for the first time. Even if some guy wants to re-create his profile because he message someone in the past who was looking for intimate encounter without really reading over her profile, I don't have a problem with it. In some ways what does it matter anyway? The people who remember you are going to know it's you, and people you've never talked to won't know the difference between your old and new profile. Plus, people are going to lie about what they're looking for on here whether they're new or have been on here a while.
 Sonic98
Msg: 622 (view)

Should performing a background check on a potential bf/gf be considered as a sign of insecurity?
Posted: 5/29/2014 9:04:37 AM
Doing a background check on someone is overboard. You have to do the work to find out who the person you're dating really is and not just get caught up in the moment of what seems like a good relationship. Whether you do background checks or not, there should be some red flags. Plus, you could do a background check and not find out what you need to find out anyway. A background check won't tell you if they've dated women and get money from them in the past. You won't know if he is a player. You'll probably find out if they have a violent or criminal past but most of the bad stuff people have their ways of hiding it.
 Sonic98
Msg: 60 (view)

How do you define compatability?
Posted: 5/29/2014 9:00:23 AM
Sometimes I question the whole idea of chemistry or compatibility. I think now I'm starting to realize that the most important thing is to find someone who generally "gets" you and a person where you simply enjoy each other. Common interests are great. Being attracted to a person is great. Other things are great. But if you find you a person that you can just be around whatever you two are doing, they let you be you, and you can work through differences and disagreements intelligently; you've found a good match. A lot of time what people see has compatibility or chemistry or having a "vibe" is just temporary.
 Sonic98
Msg: 42 (view)

Restaurant choices are now deemed racist? WTF?!
Posted: 5/29/2014 8:49:39 AM

No, please don't stop opening doors! Whoever would have a problem with that is free to move to another planet and start a new civilization there.

A lot of women don't appreciate that kinda stuff anymore
 Sonic98
Msg: 41 (view)

Restaurant choices are now deemed racist? WTF?!
Posted: 5/29/2014 8:47:55 AM
She completely overreacted. Red Lobster is just another place to eat. I don't think most black girls you meet would react in such a way. Maybe she felt like you invited her to seafood but didn't take her to what is deemed a high-level seafood place. Maybe she felt like you weren't putting forth top effort. I don't know what was her problem. Maybe she had reason some news story recently or something .
 Sonic98
Msg: 22 (view)

amazing first date, blew second.. how to convince her to try again?
Posted: 5/29/2014 8:41:51 AM
It's hard to say if you'll get another chance. Women these days are so fickle and can change on you in a minute. Many hold on to things or hold a grudge for a while. Often for men dating is like starting a new job. You almost have to have a near-perfect track record in the first few days or it will go downhill for you in a hurry. There are ways to re-boot things but every woman is different and it will be harder with some women than others.
 Sonic98
Msg: 51 (view)

Sorry but you live too far away !
Posted: 5/29/2014 8:39:44 AM
I would love to be able to get out there more often and date someone who lives a little farther away. I look forward to the day when travel happens so much faster.
 Sonic98
Msg: 52 (view)

Why don't some guys get it when you say 'I only see you as a friend'?
Posted: 5/29/2014 8:37:23 AM
The way I look at it is why would I want to be friends with the type of woman who wouldn't date a guy like me. I just question the type of person she is. Plus, I find it kind of BS when I've seen the same women convert guys from friend to more than friends or end up with guys they turned down multiple times in the past. Sometimes I feel like with some women it's all about how you say it, when you say, where you are when you approach them, the persona you give off, etc. Then some women get mad if they feel like a guy "gamed " them or sold them a dream, but so woman women treat dating like a game, so can you get mad when someone plays the game. The days of a guy or girl just walking up to someone else and saying "Hi my name is XXX, how are you doing" are mostly over.
 Sonic98
Msg: 37 (view)

Pretending to be single
Posted: 5/2/2014 2:12:27 PM
I have to disagree with the person that said he is too young to be on here. Check out every other dating site of app other than POF, it's dominated by young people.
 Sonic98
Msg: 64 (view)

Have you ever been approached by someone interested who later rejected you?
Posted: 5/2/2014 2:10:30 PM

The problem with that theory is that alot of times the male misinterprets friendliness with flirtatiousness.I think women can often differentiate between the two more adequatley because we get approached more often then vice versa.

Though I agree, I think a lot of women know exactly what they're doing. I always find it completely silly whenever I hear a woman say " I didn't know that guy was interested in me." After any reasonable amount of years on this earth, you would think that any women would know that most guys who are specifically always talking to them about something friendly or that could never be confused with having to do with dating, have some interest in you. How any woman could think some guy they don't know well asking for their number or talking about "hanging out" is interested is beyond me. And it's not just guys who don't differentiate the two. A lot of women think every guy that is remotely friendly to them wants them or that guys want every women he is remotely friendly with. That's how a lot of gossip gets started or some guys to finished before they even start when they do find a couple women they're really interested in.
 Sonic98
Msg: 63 (view)

Have you ever been approached by someone interested who later rejected you?
Posted: 5/2/2014 2:03:00 PM
Happens all the time, some women are just fickle that way
 Sonic98
Msg: 179 (view)

Why do men act like they are always busy?
Posted: 5/2/2014 2:01:03 PM
I also think another difference is that men who are busy a lot do try to find little time here and there in their schedule. A lot of women are impatient. They assume if you don't have a lot of time to communicate and hang out, something must be going on. But I do think men are more likely to at least consider that the other person would like to see them. Unless a woman is just really, really interested, she's not going to break her neck to move things around in her schedule.
 Sonic98
Msg: 178 (view)

Why do men act like they are always busy?
Posted: 5/2/2014 1:57:03 PM
I actually think women act that way much more often than us. At least guys with a busy schedule with generally give you an explanation of what is keeping them busy and when their most availability is. We don't generally have that "I'll get around to you when I get around to you mentality
 Sonic98
Msg: 15 (view)

Frustrated and confused
Posted: 5/2/2014 1:40:26 PM

You left her a text message, and you left her a voice message (I assume; you didn't state specifically if you did). You are done. Continuing with multiple attempts will make her think that you are needy and scare her off. It is almost like one of their tests. Will he chase after me? Will he chase after me too much? Don't play the BS game.

I agree. It kind of reminds me of this movie I saw " Two can play that game'"
 Sonic98
Msg: 14 (view)

Frustrated and confused
Posted: 5/2/2014 1:39:44 PM
Dating for guys is simply a roll of the dice to be honest. No matter how good things seem to have gone with someone you only been knowing a short while or only been out with a couple times, for any small reason she wake up and decide to completely switch it up on you or just decides she needs a whole new circle of people. A lot of men don't get that because we're just not the sudden change types. You just never know what you're going to get from a women who has yet feel she's really invested anything in you.
 Sonic98
Msg: 29 (view)

Date seemed to go well.....l but
Posted: 5/2/2014 10:54:50 AM

Do you think I should text him and say I enjoyed meeting him? Or just leave it.

I say why not. Us guys are usually a lot more easy going of things like that. I think we have more of a tolerance for what some would consider over-communication.
 Sonic98
Msg: 28 (view)

Date seemed to go well.....l but
Posted: 5/2/2014 10:53:15 AM

Went out last night with a gorgeous man he surprised me and looked way better than his pictures.

He has messaged me loads on the site and I have always replied due to not really fancying him in his pics.

Anyway I thought id give him a go and went out for a drink with him last night and really fancied him... Anyway date seemed to go well, conversation flowed well,
no awkward silences or anything .ended the date said we would meet again (looked like he wants to kiss me but didn't !)

I get half way home in my car and get a text saying did I want a little kiss in my car? I text back and said I'm half way home and he should of just went for it there and then making a joke of it. Not heard a thing since.. Not interested? What do you think.

You're experiencing what we men experience all the time. You meet a woman and you have a great experience and probably good communication before meeting, but it's almost like getting a new job, within the first couple dates almost any small thing can eliminate you. It could be that denying his physical activity turned him off a bit. Also, for some people they have the "the best time is now " mentality, especially us men. If a certain woman is always giving us the I don't look my best now, I'm tired, maybe later, let's reschedule type responses, it causes us to lose interests. In some ways I'm that way myself. If I've been out with a women a few times, and I know she is genuinely busy or otherwise incapable but will otherwise make up for it, I'm cool with that. But with me having limited free time, if I don't know you well enough to have confidence in you, a spirit of procrastination, slowfullness, unsureness, indecisiveness, or just the attitude of getting around to things when you feel like it all the time, will just make me back off from you.
 Sonic98
Msg: 71 (view)

He'd rather not to talk till we meet, is it weird?
Posted: 5/2/2014 10:41:30 AM

I have been online chatting with a guy for a whole month and we are arranging a date in March. Specifically, he lives in the upstate while I am living in NYC. He came to NYC back in early February for a meeting and asked me to meet but I was unable to meet. We kept in touch and started to arrange a meeting in March.

But he would rather not to talk till we meet.

I left my office phone and told him to call me if he'd like, he said he'd call me before we meet. But not right now.

Is this weird? What could this indicate?

I actually don't think it's weird at all. We live in a time now where most communication is over text rather than calling. Most of the male coaching services and programs these days are focusing more and more on text communication. Most of them will tell you that if communication is going great with just texting, don't change it unless she insists. It's not uncommon to have great online and text conversation with a woman, but she not answer phone calls. That being said if the other person is kind of pushing the issue that they would like to talk at least once or twice, I think you should honor their wishes. I've communicated with a few women who were highly upset by the fact we mostly talked through text, but hey I was working two jobs. What do you want me to do? Personally, I'm not really a phone person, especially with someone I don't know well. I can carry on conversation much more easily in person. For some reason things just seem to flow better.
 Sonic98
Msg: 96 (view)

Serial daters on this site
Posted: 5/2/2014 10:36:03 AM
I've been on and off for years. Often times I won't check POF as often as I check other sites, and all my messages will be deleted, or I just won't get back on for a while. But I eventually check back in time, and see what is going on. We all go through periods of being single and not being single, so POF is just another way of getting back into the dating pool.
 Sonic98
Msg: 42 (view)

Man I've not yet met has told me he loves me!
Posted: 5/2/2014 10:34:07 AM

Anybody that falls in love that quickly, can fall in love that quickly again.

I could not agree more. I never could understand women who are so impressed by getting the things they want from a man so quickly or that you barely know. IF he supposedly loves you so fast, he can stop loving you so fast. If he's showering you with gifts and he barely knows you, he can easily do the same to someone else.
 Sonic98

Upgraded membership, and blocking
Posted: 5/1/2014 2:20:52 PM
Maybe they're blocking to keep profiles of people who aren't going to communicate with them from popping up. It could be their form of filtration method. I wish I could do that on every site to weed out the BS profiles of people who rarely get on or don't actually have profiles for the use of communicaiton
 Sonic98
Msg: 11 (view)

New Feature - Email Settings allow you to screen out non upgraded members
Posted: 5/1/2014 2:16:31 PM
I'm having a hard time getting the point of this site anymore. The only reason I use POF is because there aren't a lot of trannies like on most social sites, and women know what they're coming here for. Most of the other sites people just make profiles just to make them and never respond to communication. But this site gets more and more pointless by the second with all these communication restrictions. Is this even a default setting? They should be notified of how small a percentage of people will be able to communicate with them and that it's no guarantee of getting better quality communication.
 Sonic98
Msg: 687 (view)

Message Restrictions
Posted: 4/24/2014 1:35:25 PM
I have noticed an increase in messages from really youthful looking men who claim to be in their 30s, lol. Turns out they are really in their 20s but weren't able to contact older women. So where there is a will, there is a way. I'm starting to get a little annoyed by the restrictions though, because I have seen some profiles of guys I'm interested in who are just a few months short of reaching the magic 14 year radius. Maybe I should lower my actual age by a few years so I can talk to them.

Unfortunately, you have to do what you have to do sometime
 Sonic98
Msg: 686 (view)

Message Restrictions
Posted: 4/24/2014 1:31:13 PM
The message from Big Fish just doesn't make sense. Just allow individuals to select the age range they wish to receive messages from... Simple! !!. I am 46 and prefer guys younger than myself. I know for a fact that there are guys in their early 30s that are interested in me, as PoF keeps emailing me to tell me they've added me as a favourite or 'want to meet me'. The problem is, we can't message each other. It's all so depressing. You come on here as a single person to meet someone new. PoF finds a match, daggles it in front of your nose and then takes it away. It's clearly homophobic as women can contact younger men, but I can't. IF I'M NOT ALLOWED TO MESSAGE THEM, DON'T INCLUDE THEM IN MY MATCHES AND DON'T TELL ME THEY WANT TO MEET ME. IT'S JUST PLAIN NASTY!!!

Personally, I think POF should do like other sites that have matching, favorites, and contact restrictions. On most sites once someone adds you as a favorite or chooses to meet you, contact restrictions are thrown out if you become mutual meet me or favorites. Personally, I think the ones based on not allowing people to contact you who have contacted other types of people should have time limits. If it's been a few years, that mark should be removed from their history. Heck as much as people leave POF then after a while decide to come back, it won't matter anyway
 Sonic98
Msg: 6 (view)

Windows Phone 7/8 app
Posted: 4/24/2014 1:22:44 PM
I completely disagree with the previous post. All these reasons companies have for not make their apps on all platforms is just an excuse. Even at only 5% of the mobile market, that's still millions of Windows Phone users. Also, Microsoft has made it easy to make a Windows Phone and Windows app at the same time. For all we know the number of people who access POF from a mobile version vs the website is not that big. I know a lot of people who don't like the iPhone version, but they like the iPad version. Does that mean POF should get rid of 1? It won't cost them much time and resources to upgrade the app. There really is no reason for them not to update it. We're talking about a growing platform. All of the major carriers will have a new Windows Phone this year. Almost every smart phone maker is looking at putting out a Windows Phone. There are talks about Windows Phone finally appearing on some of the budget and pre-paid carriers dominated by Android. Heck the U.S. is the only market where it's still under double-digits, other than China where iOs has an even smaller share. Not to mention that in some foreign countries Surfaces are even doing well. There is no reason for POF not to get ahead of the curve and jump on the Windows/Windows Phone bandwagon with everyone else. Anytime I hear this "it's tool small and ecosystem for developers" I just hear BS
 Sonic98
Msg: 5 (view)

User Deleted Profile or POF Deleted?
Posted: 3/12/2014 10:21:31 AM
I hate when this happens, especially when you might be talking to someone who has some very important information for you. Of course POF customer service is no help at all
 Sonic98
Msg: 10 (view)

Deleted Profiles
Posted: 3/11/2014 11:25:09 PM
I wish you could still pull up profiles for a couple days after they are deleted or POF at least notify notify them for a couple days after. I was communicating with someone. They were giving me some information me and some family members had been trying to find out about for years. I was actually pretty lucky to stumble across them on POF and it was just coincidence we even got on the subject. I sent them a message, and they were taking a while to reply back, so I went ahead and took a nap. I get an e-mail saying the have replied to me while I was sleep, and when I get on POF, I don't even see their messages on my message list anymore. I had to get back on the full POF website to find out the account was deleted. I was just about to exchange contact information with them, and now they've disappeared. They did have a headline on their profile saying their profile would be deleted soon, but I would think they'd have the sense to not delete in the middle of an important conversation. Does a profile delete right away or does it take a couple days after you do the request?

Profiles are deleted immediately as a user requests it.
Can you imagine how upset people would be if there was a delay in when they tried to leave? Ekkk.

Any site related question not answered via the HELP link, then email CSR@POF here || Site Rules Here || Posting Clarifications Here || TOS||
Complaint Department HERE
 Sonic98
Msg: 21 (view)

Keeps telling me I'm not allowed to contact this member
Posted: 2/24/2014 2:48:51 PM
Wow, I just realized that two of the people I am able to message. When I tried to message them from the POF website instead of the iPad app, the message went through. Seriously these restrictions do need to have a reset on them.
 Sonic98
Msg: 20 (view)

Keeps telling me I'm not allowed to contact this member
Posted: 2/24/2014 2:47:45 PM
I don't have any restrictions on who can message me. I'm trying to message someone who is showing no restrictions, and it's still telling me I'm not allowed to message them.
 Sonic98

...accepts messages only from certain users.
Posted: 2/24/2014 7:19:26 AM
I just realize something. I think I'm getting this message because my age has been somehow changed on my profile.
 Sonic98
Msg: 2 (view)

Windows Phone 7/8 app
Posted: 2/24/2014 7:11:24 AM
Is the Windows Phone app ever going to be update. It's completely dragging behind the iOS version

Show ALL Forums