Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: TORONTO SINGLES PARTY - NOV 18 - YONGE & BLOOR
 sexysouleyes
Msg: 65 (view)

TORONTO SINGLES PARTY - NOV 18 - YONGE & BLOOR
Posted: 11/15/2006 5:20:00 PM
Be there with bells on - lol
 sexysouleyes
Msg: 17 (view)

what's a guy got to do to get a girl in this town
Posted: 11/5/2006 8:16:49 PM
Be a REAL MAN -

1) Be willing to step up to the plate and swing - even if you don't hit the ball at least you are bloody trying -(trying is good, particularly if you are willing to be open to new things, people, etc.)

2) Be open and honest - nothing resonates louder than the truth.

3) let go of your stories/preconceived notions about why you can't get a girl, what you imagine a girl wants, etc. - just be yourself - but you really have to KNOW WHO YOU ARE first.

4) Be respectful and considerate - approach the woman as the sexiest/coolest cousin/sister you could/may have - and you are SOOOO thankful that this one isn't related to you - lol (yup...pushing boundaries on that one!) so you can actually relax about it.

5) Be honest about what kind of girl you are looking for - note: the princesses in fairy tales don't really exist unless you are thinking shrek.

6) Stand your ground when you need to - women like a man who has his OWN mind -not the flocks - just reiterating from above.

7) If what you are doing isn't working for you then...try something or someone different (trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result will only result in frustration)

So....that's my 2 cents for tonight. GOOD LUCK!
 sexysouleyes
Msg: 19 (view)

He's moving on and I am a mess, What am I suppose to feel?
Posted: 9/24/2006 4:01:25 PM
I am sorry to hear about your heartbreak and like many of the positive advice that has already been mentioned, you do need to go through both the grieving process and the healing process in order to come back to yourself. What I can suggest is getting the book - "A Return to Love" by Marianne Williamson. When I broke up with the love of my life and trust me - it was a little messy, her words and manner of putting things into perspective for me gave me tools and ways of seeing that I never could have found on my own. Pick it up, read it, it will help. I wish you best of luck during this time and REALLY - You DESERVE SOOOOOO MUCH MORE than a man who can't be faithful to you. Good Riddance...there are plenty of wonderful, faithful, genuine men out there...and there IS ONE FOR YOU!

sexysouleyes
Msg: 55 (view)

What men expect of women
Posted: 9/18/2006 5:42:38 PM
The scariest part of it all is that he's probably telling the truth about women who find his list appealing. In reality it just really sounds like you want a pretty, stupid woman who doesn't think, doesn't make you think, never pushes your boundaries or makes you grow as a human being. I think that you will have lots of luck finding that kind of woman, not necessarily here on the forums though - a lot of us women here tend to think and actually have opinions and want an equal and not some trophy, but sadly, there are tons of women who would find that kind of life appealing. (gives them more time to focus on the important things - like reading cosmo's 100 new ways to please your man, the latest developements in botox and breast enhancement...:)

What's even scarier about the whole thing is that it's usually people like you who breed like bunnies further infecting our population with LCD's (Lowest common denominator people - dumb, nice, obedient, sheep)

O tell me where to go lord shepherd, for I am a sheep who cannot find the way without you!

They exist...more than you can imagine so goodluck on your search but you might want to add faithful to your list - just in case she's so good at being obedient that she listens when some other guy tells her to that she needs to practice those cosmo techniques on someone else first
 sexysouleyes
Msg: 40 (view)

Meeting someone for first time: how long do you take from email to cell calls to in person?
Posted: 9/3/2006 6:59:51 PM
Depending on the first contact and a few follow up emails, I am ready to get a sense of the person by talking with them on the phone. Once I weed them out (and quidkly ) from someone who is just looking to get laid versus a really nice guy, I am up to meeting them as quickly as possible as I would much rather experience them in person then imagine what they are like from what they tell me. The quicker to the first meeting the better, that way I can see if we have chemistry right off the bat, get a sense of their energy and see if we are on the same page. But I do understand that a lot of us do have busy schedules so sometimes it has been almost a month prior to meeting and other times it was within the same week.
 sexysouleyes
Msg: 34 (view)

Does dancing tell alot about a person?
Posted: 9/3/2006 6:50:01 PM
Love Dancing
Dancing is healing, energizing and allows me to express my sensuality safely (and NO...I don''t consider grinding some guy in public dancing) but my question is this - will you still approach the girl if she is a great dancer - I mean amazing on the dance floor or do you guys get intimidated?
 sexysouleyes
Msg: 15 (view)

Do you still go to the Clubs to Dance
Posted: 8/29/2006 8:31:23 PM
I dance all of the time as it is my first passion in life..as for the clubs...I go, but not often - I am very picky about the music and am not interested in the 'to be seen scene' as I am there for the music. I try to find DJ's that I like so at least I know that when I do go - I will spend my entire night on the dance floor.
 sexysouleyes
Msg: 82 (view)

Celibacy and monogamy: The only acceptible lifestyles?
Posted: 8/28/2006 8:17:55 PM
PS...the historic account doesn't portray men in a very kind light - but it is not representative of all men and personally, knowing lots of amazing men in my life that I do, I am sure that there were lots of men who were not buying into any of it.

laugh:
 sexysouleyes
Msg: 81 (view)

Celibacy and monogamy: The only acceptible lifestyles?
Posted: 8/28/2006 8:09:50 PM
So....celibacy and monogamy - presently considered the 'socially acceptable' lifestyle....but does anyone even care WHY?

Historically- Prior to the invention of the major world religions - most cultures worshipped the Earth Mother. Rituals and sexual frenzied experiences were religious experiences particpated in by entire 'of age' cultures and considered a 'rite of passage'. In order to continue the evolutionary thread, priestesses would have mulitple parters since at this time men were not aware that they actually contributed to the creation process. Upon that revelation, you can trace the loss of religious power of the Earth Mother and see the introduction of the Sky Father and hence.....in order to propose a new religious ground where the parties are equal in the process of creation a 'marriage' of the two occurred. As a result of the revelation that men contributed to the procreation process, men decided that it was important that a woman ONLY have 1 partner to make sure that it was HIS GENES and HIS GENES only. Instigated originally with the purpose of procreation only in mind, 'marriage' was created to be able to 'trace' parentage in many cultures. This IS an oversimplification of what occurred but it did happen prior to the invention of the major world religions.

The Reality of It - BUT....men now had to convince their women that they should only have one partner and now that the entire male tribe was no longer responsible for all of the children in the tribe, the man now had to SUSTAIN and SUPPORT his new family WITHOUT help from the tribe. Now he was solo, demanding monogamy from his wife, burdened with having to support his new found belief practically and honestly...he just wanted to keep sleeping with other women...because really he kind of had it made before....sleep with the women...contribute his SHARE only to the maintenace and care of the offspring and really...no ownership rights....BUT then he got to thinking....and this is where religion comes into play....hmmmm...what if the MAN gets to have mulitple partners so long as he can afford them? And this...if you read the bible, the Koran, Various historic Asian philosophies, religions is what happened...for a long time....UNTIL

He realized that hey! If I can OWN this WIFE...then maybe I can OWN this COW, this HORSE, this LAND...why stop at a wife at property when really...how valuable is she compared to a COW if I won't let anyone else sleep with her?

So the invention of animal husbandry came along....the name....yes...like writing on the wall in pee marking your territory...and this led to farming cultures, trade, commercialization and as anyone who kind of knows history, led to our current capitalistic state.

BUT...there were a few things that changed the nature of the ownership laws....
1) Women..somehow...were still mysterious creatures....we confused men alot!
2) Men started to become wealthy...so now his children...particularly his daughters who he could let other men sleep with were now WORTH MORE THAN THE COW!
3) the Daughters...having that PRICE put on their heads...realized..'HEY...I am worth more than a COW AND I can give you more children who will help you earn land/cows/ships...etc.

So now that women once again were realizing that they too had worth....the rules of the game had to change once more....Ahhhhhh....what could men do to keep them tied to them?

AHA!! LOVE....the introduction of what we now know as 'ROMANTIC LOVE'....the Greeks...famous for so much of our history really had lots of time to think and they did that well...not that love hasn't existed since the dawn of human kind...just our ideas about it didn't really dawn until the Greeks put it on paper, sang it from streetcorners and produced some of the most beautiful love inspiring art works of all time. Inspiring, earth shattering...the labels of love as we know it were glued with the force of her passion.

Now how the hell does all this have to do with celibacy and monogamy you ask?

Welll...the concept of celibacy only originated with the advent of the major world religions - where the church could rape all the poor people by telling them that if you give us everything you have, if you live on nothing in this life...YOU WILL SURELY GO TO HEAVEN AND BE REWARDED IN HEAVEN...geez...what a sales pitch! It worked and the CONCEPT of going without and denying yourself - food, clothing, pleasure of any kind etc....yup....thank the sales pitch as I am going to heaven! The Dark ages were dark for a reason...denial of everything was how the church could have enough money to CONVERT all of those pagans that still existed. And since the church needed to convince all of those wealthy land owners sons that they shouldn't have kids who would inherit their wealth - they sold them on the celibacy pitch - no offspring, no lineage, DONATE TO THE CHURCH!

They reinforced this by tying it to the CONCEPT of LOVE - LOVE GOD, DONATE TO THE CHURCH, REPENT FOR YOUR SINS - oh yeah..sex was now a sin..they did that too.

Anyways..the truth of the matter is this
SEX IS A BIOLOGICAL FUNCTION!!!! Like eating, sleeping and shitting - you have to do it...evenutally your BODY needs it...wants it becuase it's function is to procreate - hardwired into our biological systems.

CELIBACY is like going on a HUNGER STRIKE - not good for your BODY but you are convinced -DENIAL IS HOLY....hmmm..sounds like the church no?

In NATURE...there are some animals that are monogamous and some animals that are polygamous - just depends on the species - I think that humans are genetically programmed and socially adapted to PREFER monogamy (remember the history - strong tag lines, great reinforcement tactics, catchy stories) but that each person is pre-disposed to being either one way or the other.

LOVE is not sex and sex is NOT LOVE - personally, I practice a monogamous sex life when I can, but I am not into denying any of my biological functions - it causes DIS-EASE.

As humans we have the choice to choose our higher selves....so long as two consenting adults agree to how thier relationship can best meet their biological need of sex - whether it be through a monogamous or a polygamous relationship is really their own CHOICE. But remember the church...yes...they didn't like the idea of choice very much.

Note: The historic account is an account - different histiorians tell different stories and The Church is really just a name representative of ALL religions which have perpetuated these ideas.

sexysouleyes
Msg: 239 (view)

Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 8/28/2006 6:31:19 PM
Defintely...although honestly it would have to be to a major centre like NY, Miami, Chicago, Houston, Las Vegas, Seattle, San Franciso or LA.....the reason why....spent time in the mid west - lovely people, but too much corn!
 sexysouleyes
Msg: 86 (view)

so, why are you still single?
Posted: 8/19/2006 6:02:38 PM
Honestly, I think it's about timing and being ready. I have met the right people at the wrong time and the wrong people at the right time and now am just waiting to meet the right person at the right time.

Of all the men and women that I know who waited a little longer to get married (and have been happily married for eons) - they all have said the same thing - when it's right, it's right and you just 'know" and that it won't happen until you are truly ready for it.

Since I haven't yet had that instinct that it's right, I am trusting that it will happen when it does and in the meantime I am making sure that I do my personal work so that I can be 'ready' when it happens.

As for answering the friends and family - I just tell them that I am in love with an alien from another planet who promised to come back for me in the year 2050. That usually shuts them up pretty quick!
 sexysouleyes
Msg: 80 (view)

Snoring... how do you deal with it??
Posted: 8/17/2006 5:07:36 PM
Hey...I have a snoring cat! She's not overweight according to the vet but for whatever reason she snores too. I also snore and I have to say that it's easier being a guy and snoring than being a woman who snores (not very loudly I have been told) but I still do it. And yes...I have woken up in the morning with bruises on my ribs - lol
 sexysouleyes
Msg: 105 (view)

Why don't you age?
Posted: 8/9/2006 6:03:14 PM
I'm in my thirties but most people think I am in my twenties...as for genetics...definitely could be a factor although looking at my mom or my sisters you could never tell. I have smoked for over 15 years - definitely not proud of it but I try to take care of myself - I do exercise and I think living in Vancouver for the last 12 years has something to do with it since I got my first grey hair after moving back to Toronto this year. But really - one of the biggest things that I think contribute to looking younger - is not wearing a lot of makeup when you are young...yes...I know that the make-up people say..try this, wear this, it will protect your skin but really I think that putting all of that crap on your face contributes to the aging process rather than reversing it (I could be full of crap here and really, I have never tested this theory but I am sure you will all let me know :)
 sexysouleyes
Msg: 59 (view)

Is Intelligence A Curse In Relationships?
Posted: 8/8/2006 7:41:05 PM
Personally, I was classified as gifted at a young age, everything came pretty easy for me in school and after spending most of my teenage years trying to do everything in my power to not be seen as a 'brain' or nerd I simply accepted the fact that for some reason - I intuitively 'get' it - and 'it' could be almost anything. BUT....what I have realized only recently (and only be doing a great amount of personal work - mostly letting go of things I THOUGHT I KNEW) was this

Intellectualism can be used as a way to avoid feelings sometimes...the rationalization process is used to separate out the knower from the known causing a split in the psyche and providing distance from certain feelings/experiences. People who are smart are usually hyper sensitive, which gives them the ability to 'sense' things and understand things quicker. When things get to emotional, or their hypersensitivity gets triggered, many people intellectualize it as a nervous system response to the shock/trauma. The distance provided by removing yourself from the feelings involved allow for you to split yourself off from actually feeling the emotions and thus, you imagine that you have the 'space' to make an 'educated' decision and of course..can rationalize almost anything.

This can interfere with your relationship to yourself or in primary relationships with others because in order to do this you must SEPARATE yourself from not only yourself (your emotions) but from others as well.

It is this idea of separation, which breeds the ideas of "No one gets me", "I am too smart for my own good", and "Why the hell can't you understand me!" that creates and perpetuates the illusion of loneliness and 'being different'. The truth is that at the core...we are all the same and can all be as smart, brilliant etc as we choose to be - it is only our personal beliefs that limit our capacity for knowledge, wisdom and understanding.

True intelligence comes from the heart not the head - when the two can work in tandem knowing that they are always connected to everyone and everything, true wisdom abounds.

And really it is wisdom...that I consider to be the sexiest thing in a prospective partner.
 sexysouleyes
Msg: 32 (view)

Ok guys...honestly, describe your ideal women!!!
Posted: 7/26/2006 7:06:31 PM
A man who can bring me back to my true self when I forget it. Funny, smart, confident, respectful, kind, trustworthy, passionate, who can stand his ground in the face of adversity and who can admit his mistakes when he is wrong (on his own terms of course), creative, wise, nurturing, supportive, forgiving and who takes care of himself-inside as well as out.

Yes..a girl can dream can't she?
 sexysouleyes
Msg: 29 (view)

What is your character weakness?
Posted: 7/26/2006 6:56:57 PM
Well..sometimes I come across as a miss know it all...not in an uppity way...just matter of fact like..that coupled with extreme honesty sometimes gets me into trouble. Yeah...and not to mention being too understanding. ( I understand if you are going through a rough time....but really...other than an abstract of the event, which my sympathies are there....I DO NOT need a play by play) :)
 sexysouleyes
Msg: 6 (view)

Would love an honest rating of my profile please :)
Posted: 7/19/2006 11:39:29 AM
Thanks for the compliment...and as for where they came from...Grandma on both sides I believe as both my parents have brown eyes....either that or I came from the mail man even though my mother still insits after all these years that I didn't :).

Have a great day and maybe we will chat soon.

Lenore.
 sexysouleyes
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 7/18/2006 8:27:18 PM
Ron,

Not that I have any answers..but how about something like this....

I found this site from a google search for "silica", and right now I can't confront doing my taxes ...so here I am! I am new to internet dating, but I admit this is really interesting. I am interested in people, and would love to get a message from a strange girl that feels like reaching out - "strange" as in someone I don't know yet, not "strange" as in someone weird. Though actually, I guess weird is okay too. Who knows, maybe I'll find my long lost lover from two lifetimes ago. Honey, if you are reading this ...where the hell have you been?! ...And are you still hot?

Hm, well something about me... I'm one of the good guys. My life is sometimes happy, exciting, sometimes crazy busy, and sometimes peaceful. Right now its crazy busy but I am willing to make the time to get to know that special someone. Looking for that beautiful woman who inspires me to be a better man.

What do I want? To get in touch with new people, try some new things and hopefully, make some great friends along the way. I'll talk with anyone about anything. I find it harder (not impossible) to relate to shallow, superficial people because my sense of humour seems to fly over their heads :)

Nervousness is okay, even some insecurity, as long as you realize that deep down inside, you are really a star. Send me a hello or more, I would love to hear from you!
 sexysouleyes
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 7/17/2006 8:10:32 PM
Copy that....you are right....thanks for the encouragement and taking the time to check it out.

Best,
Lenore.
 sexysouleyes
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 7/17/2006 8:08:54 PM
Hi Ron,

Thanks for taking the time to read my profile. I checked out your profile and liked what I read but I am a little different than most girls out there so I could see some red flags that may be detering some of your would be viewers......the opening line...As a woman...not interested in a stubborn **stard...a flexible goat maybe....Also....you should take out the stuff about not dating for the last five years...implies 2 things- 1) you are picky and 2) makes me think why not? Even though you explain it...I think that you should leave out the why and wherefors. Your profile already discloses your history-you are divorced...that's enough for now in regards to previous relationships and you can explain your dating history once you meet the people in person. I like the cat stuff by the way...and I guess..taking a dose of my own medicine and something I need to remove from my own profile -is the I know who I am stuff....not that I don't...geez....you'd think that after all the work I have done that I could at least say that but I realize how arrogant it sounds. Knowing yourself is about dissolving the ego so I too, will be eliminating that from my profile. As for how many people have checked me out....about 20 and I have been online for about a month or so. I got a lot of hits at first but that was before I put up the blocks from the intimate encouters, hang outs and married people. Since then...what I can say is that the people I have met in person have been lovely, genuine and great people. So I wish you good luck and patience...the right fish will come along soon :)

Best,
Lenore.
 sexysouleyes
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 7/14/2006 7:16:49 PM
Thank you very much for the suggestions...I really appreciate you taking the time to check it out for me. :)

Best,
Lenore.
 sexysouleyes
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 7/12/2006 7:52:46 PM
Hello All,

New to this fishing game and was hoping that some of you could take a moment and rate my profile for me...would love an honest response to the text and pictures...any suggestions would be helpful and very much appreciated. Thanks and good luck fishing :)
 sexysouleyes
Msg: 35 (view)

Weight Loss...I'm Confiding in my Fellow Fishies
Posted: 6/24/2006 7:03:57 PM
Hello All,

Like many of you I have been blessed with lots of curves and extra weight. I was a normal weight as a kid, gained weight, lost it , gained it, lost it, was skinny and thought I was still fat (the image in the mirror never changed even when I was a size 6 and have gained it again. I have tried all sorts of diets, none of them really worked and most recently I actually gained all of my weight becuase I was working out constantly - I found out later that I had stressed adrenal glands and as a result my body was in constant shock from lack of sleep over the years combined with not eating enough food. Currently I am losing weight again and I want to share a few tricks and tips with my fellow beauties out there.

1) You can work out daily in small measures - Do pushups against the wall in the bathroom daily to strengthen your arms - takes about 5 minutes until you feel them burn.
2) do 50 to 100 sit-ups every day - takes about 7 minutes
3) do butt dips using a chair, couch or end of your bed from home - put your ams behind you, and put yourself into a sitting position and then lift using your thighs and butt - if you extend higher you will feel a burn in your lower stomach
4) walk whenever you can but amazingly - get yourself a jump rope - just 10 minutes of rope jumping a day is amazing for your cardio and for everywhere else
5) Do isometrics when you can - if you are watching tv - put your arms out in from of you parallel to each other and with small movements reach forward - five minutes and your arms will burn.

I have been working these tiny and soooooooooo easy things into my daily life since March - so far I ahve lost about 25 lbs. In terms of food, I have never really been a junk food person and eat quite healthy- whole grains, vegetables, fruits, never drink pop, leaner meats, and mostly I try not to eat out as much anymore. The trick I found becuase like many of you is that in the morning - I can't really eat is to have a protein shake - but most importantly with something called Eudo's oil that I add into it - it's essential fatty acids - and for some reason by having those fats in the am - almost all of my cravings for fat or junkfood are minimalized throughout the day. Also, I have started eating throughout the day - I usually begin around noonish with real food - healthy stuff and then mibble all day long until about 7 pm.

So far the little exercising I have been doing has had even better results then when I hit the gym hard regularly which is what I was doing and it's because it's isometrics based - the trick try to isolate the musles in the areas you want to lose and figure out which actions isolate the muscle and repeat. Lots of stuff can be done even while driving, sitting, on the phone, lying in bed - yes..the sexercise method is good..but only if you can find a lover who can rock your world to the sweating point and is good at getting you into those gumby positions. But something you can do while lying in bed is butt squeezes, lie on your back and try to squeeze your ass checks together - practice repeatedly and it will help firm your ass and hips as well and getting you into practice for those sexercise moments - lol

Anyways,
Like yourselfs I am on the road to health - doing it for myself - there are still those skinny clothes in my closet that are still in fashion and dammit I want to wear them! Will keep you updated with my progress...only 50 more pounds to lose! Good luck and tons of hugs!!
 sexysouleyes
Msg: 359 (view)

Can men and women be friends without sex?
Posted: 6/19/2006 8:25:39 PM
I think that men and women can definitely be friends without sex. I have many male friends who I do think of as brothers. On some level am I attracted to them and are they attracted to me - probably - but I have never had the inclination to act upon that attraction when i have been in a long term relationship or even, when single. The truth of the matter is - if your partner wants to cheat on you, they will - whether they hang out with friends of the opposite sex or not. Sometimes as a woman, when you are having man dilemma's - you will go to your male best friends and ask their advice - just to get a man's perspective and vice versa, men - listening to their female friends **** about other men can become more aware of womens needs and concerns. TRUST is what it all comes down to - if you can't trust your partner, then why are you there?

Show ALL Forums