Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: I can't access my messages. I can't do anything when I am logged in
 pd481
Msg: 2 (view)

I can't access my messages. I can't do anything when I am logged in
Posted: 10/2/2018 9:47:24 AM
I receive the same response when attempting to access POF from a Chromebook. If I use an old PC it works fine. I tried turning off the Chromebook AdBlock to no avail.
 pd481
Msg: 4 (view)

Are there any Stepfords who aren't churchy?
Posted: 12/22/2017 9:42:51 AM
I have just the thing for you. Its called a Golden Retriever. Mine has no religious beliefs, and only wants to please his master. Plus he is svelte and fit.
 pd481
Msg: 180 (view)

A NEW queston about an OLD topic......
Posted: 12/28/2016 1:20:02 AM
Age is not just a number - age is a measurement. It is an exact count of the numbers of trip the earth has made around the sun in a lifetime. To argue otherwise is delusional. To say I feel younger makes as much sense as saying I feel taller or lighter.
 pd481
Msg: 354 (view)

Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/21/2015 3:15:41 PM
It seems to me that online dating at its very essence is objectification of men and women. Scan the pictures and look at the model specifications for the object that fits your needs.
 pd481
Msg: 104 (view)

Engagement rings necessary in the 21st century?
Posted: 3/23/2015 10:14:45 PM
[That sounds scientific and legit. What if they bought a significantly bigger stone AND kept the sentimental first ring? Where did they find women to study who fit this weird criteria? How does buying a bigger ring make a marriage fail? Who conducted this study, and why? And who paid for it?] I read about the study in the WSJ - 2/26/2003 article by Jeffrey Zaslow. From the article:

"Among the most telling questions: Would you ever consider trading in your engagement ring for a bigger, better diamond? In a 1988 poll of 200 new brides by Diamond Cutters International, 46% said yes and 54% said no.

Now, 15 years later, these women have been polled again. Of those who in 1988 were willing to trade up their diamonds, 81% are now divorced. Of the sentimental types who said they'd never trade their rings, 78% remain married today. The results suggest that people who are "hard-wired" to upgrade rings also may be driven to upgrade cars, houses and eventually, spouses, says psychiatrist Francisco Montalvo, who monitored the study."

[I know you’re trying to make it look like those dirty rotten gold diggers cared more about the ring than the guy, but it’s really not flying.] I made no comment on the study - I just thought it was interesting. I agree this is not a conclusive scientific study, no p values, no evidence of double blinding, and no description of the two arms to guarantee they are comparable. That being said it is a hell of a lot more informative than the astronomy journals and cosmo magazines you are reading and informing your misandristic life views with.
 pd481
Msg: 78 (view)

Engagement rings necessary in the 21st century?
Posted: 3/23/2015 11:15:31 AM
I recall 20 years ago reading about a study. It looked at whether women who got tiny engagement rings when young traded the ring in for a significantly bigger stone when the couple became more financially successful versus keeping the little ring because of its sentimental value. The study conclusion was that the divorce rate of those who chose to get rid of the sentimental ring for a bigger stone were much much more likely to get divorced as compared to those who kept the little stone.
 pd481
Msg: 414 (view)

are women too fussy
Posted: 2/8/2015 4:27:29 PM
Am I the only person here who found it hilarious that a person claiming to be an astrologist (I assume that is a job) has decided to denigrate the honest hard working janitors of the world?
 pd481
Msg: 10 (view)

The Clooney Study coming up right now on CBS. Let's see what they say about us singles...
Posted: 2/4/2015 11:34:19 AM
This is a quote from the study I found on Science Daily - "The finding suggests that greater financial independence gives women greater confidence in choosing their partner. Instinctive preferences for material stability and security become less important, physical attractiveness becomes more important, and the age of partner women pick also increases." Although I agree with cultural changes suggested in the study - I still need to call BS. How do these researchers make the logical leap from physical attractiveness becomes more important to the age of the partner also increases. After a certain age (an age younger than I believe the study is intending to address) - older is not more physically attractive.
 pd481
Msg: 165 (view)

If you don't even LIKE women/ men, then why come on to a dating site?
Posted: 12/6/2014 6:28:40 PM
Too Walts - whose comments I enjoy reading. I read the following from Andy Richter which you might appreciate. "Engaging with ***holes on the internet is like trying to drown a vampire with your own blood."
 pd481
Msg: 26 (view)

Break-Up Line: We Grew Apart.
Posted: 12/4/2014 5:02:49 PM
I have found in dating that frequently "we just grew apart" is the explanation for their divorce that people like to give to make them look and feel better than the more truthful answer - I was cheating, I am abusive, I am an alcoholic, or my personal favorite - my spouse lost their job and couldn't pay the bills for me anymore.
 pd481
Msg: 68 (view)

Fellow men, have you felt this way also??
Posted: 7/25/2014 7:16:48 PM
"because this is the only true love that exists - a mother's love for her kids."

Are we just going to let TrustinKarma to make a dispicable sexist post like this without comment? Fathers are not capable of having true love for their children - a love equal to a mother's love? Shame on you TrustinKarma.
 pd481
Msg: 119 (view)

Over 60, what do you men think about marriage?
Posted: 7/1/2014 11:53:42 AM
Before having lengthy discussions with the OP - read her history. From 6/8, below is one of her posts.

"The guy I dated... maintained a couple of draft horses on some acreage. They're not inexpensive. Beautiful animals though. He was divorced, I'm sure there was equity split. He didn't tell me, but I found out he had cancer. That drains the assets. What was I to do?, his place was in foreclosure, I felt really sorry for him. But unfortunately, you can't build a new relationship when this sort of baggage exists.
He stopped contacting me and I think he realized it wouldn't work. And I too drifted away.
I'm sorry to be the one here to say it. But there are some available guys who have enough, that romantic getaway's don't drain them. They're more likely on Match.com or other subscription sites."
 pd481
Msg: 7 (view)

dating a 10
Posted: 6/24/2014 2:06:44 PM
Personally I prefer 11s - they are one louder.
 pd481
Msg: 94 (view)

Why did you choose Plenty of Fish? Thoughts on other Dating Sites?
Posted: 1/22/2014 9:20:19 AM
Here is a link to a humorous story about OK Cupid. (I don't know if links are allowed here?)

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2014/01/how-to-hack-/all/
 pd481
Msg: 83 (view)

Serial daters on this site
Posted: 4/9/2013 6:40:32 PM
If serial dating, which means dating one person at a time, is a bad thing, does that mean parallel dating is what we should be striving for?
 pd481
Msg: 280 (view)

Hidden meanings behind gifts
Posted: 2/23/2013 7:56:00 PM
The recipients of the gifts is not online chatting with people about the gifts. The giver of the gifts is not asking for advise. We don't know the recipients real thoughts or feelings or her intentions talking to her supposed friend about them either. All we have is a troll who wants to talk about how crappy her friend's boyfriend is and the troll's version of events and thoughts
that occured in other peoples' lives that have nothing to do with her. My response to the OP - get a life. If you have issues in your life that you actually know about and actually are your business - there are a lot of people on these bulletin boards who give thoughtful advise (and a lot of idiots who relate everything to their issues and run threads on unneeded tangents). Don't humor the troll - tell her what any busybody should be told - mind your own business.

Show ALL Forums