Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Would you date someone who is separated?
 vanessahh1966
Msg: 120 (view)

Would you date someone who is separated?
Posted: 2/4/2007 8:03:25 AM
Well, all I have to say on this , is that I am also "seperated" and have had no problem with any man I have seen or talked to being seperated and they havent had a problem with my being in the same boat. Alot of it is the financial part. Alot of it is just time. In North Carolina, the law is that you have to wait a year. My "ex" is the one that cheated so why would I take that back, I have no idea. No chance here of reconciliation. NO WAY! Once a cheater, I trust you no more! Simple!!!! I only have a couple months left and I know in my heart it is over and he doesnt bother me or vice versa. No contact since the seperation. So, I have no problem with it , as long as both parties are upfront and honest about their own situations. We also, had no children and with some couples seperated, they have to deal with alot more complications in their seperation and divorce, and I am not here to judge. Just be upfront and honest is all I ask from any man. We also did not own anything together, so ours were pretty simple to deal with. Some are not. Oh well, just my thoughts and views!
 vanessahh1966
Msg: 96 (view)

Looks really are everything....
Posted: 2/1/2007 4:56:49 PM
You are a very pretty woman. Hang in there!! Dont give up.. I feel like it too sometimes and I have met someone on here. Someone who I least expected I would ever be talking too. He has been very persistent and so I have been talking to him for awhile now and we finally met for the first time this week on Monday. He took me out for lunch on his lunch break from work. We talk every night for several hours and we are starting to get to know each other. But this is defintely someone I never figured I would be interested in, but for some odd reason I am. Looks or size sometimes dont matter-to me it was his personality that hooked me, so anyways. Dont give up! I am looking for someone that will love me and treat me right not just a good looking man. Good luck on your search!
 vanessahh1966
Msg: 2 (view)

IM ENGAGED!
Posted: 2/1/2007 3:53:37 PM
Congratulations!
I have been on several dating sites myself and have went out on plenty of dates but right now I am seeing someone. I can only see one at a time. Gets too confusing! You got really lucky to have found"the one" because all the ones I have been out with like to play games, so good luck to you now and in the future. I wish you nothing but happiness and a good life together and enjoy each other. Take care.
 vanessahh1966
Msg: 1 (view)

Decisions to make.........
Posted: 1/28/2007 11:30:07 AM
I do have a question that I need help with. I have been on this site awhile. I have had many , many responses and I have had no problem getting a date. I have been on many, but my problem is they all seem interested and then when you go out, they say they will call you the next day and you never hear a word back. They all say they like you and even try to pursue sex, and then sometimes things do happen. My question is , if you sleep with them , they want nothing to do with you, and if you dont , they want nothing to do with you. So what is the problem or what am I doing wrong.? Sometimes this is people that I have talked to on the phone and computer alot before we even meet. Then the first night, things go great and you never hear back.So whats the problem here.? I stay confused on what they want...I know what I want. I want a good decent man to share my life with. But I feel like I am playing games with them every time I go out . HELP!!
 vanessahh1966
Msg: 47 (view)

I think I'm cursed in love
Posted: 1/26/2007 4:24:48 AM
I feel the same and have experienced the same thing and I do not understand it myself. There have been several decent people I have went out with and things have went great and they say they will call the next day and I have never heard anything back. I do not understand why.So, believe me, you are not alone. They say I am pretty and this and that--to be pretty then I must have scared them off. To me, it gets old. I am tired of the dating scene anyways and would like to find a decent man. Where are you???
 vanessahh1966
Msg: 12 (view)

Just when you thought it couldn't happen
Posted: 1/20/2007 8:36:35 AM
Good luck to you both! Miracles do happen. I have had a few good dates but i am still working on "THE ONE". I will find him one day. Again, good luck to you both.

Show ALL Forums