Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Pick a line, any line, from the poem above (props to W)
 Inicia
Msg: 2774 (view)

Pick a line, any line, from the poem above (props to W)
Posted: 8/18/2018 11:09:25 AM
feel the void everything that never replaces
hope for some is only with absence of faces
would if, should of, nobody, the energy
of rushing waters coursing into a sea

sunlight dappling beds of green and gray
brown stones, cold feet step into the fray

ripples radiate from the tentative or firm foot
spreading unto shores, banks erode, trees fall,
damning the waters of our mind- stagnate or spall,
teaming fat fat thought fish for which do we trawl
a fierce one ready to spawn-or new youth to disroot
 Inicia
Msg: 126 (view)

The feminist man-hating agenda undertone is most women's profiles
Posted: 8/18/2018 10:04:08 AM
Yes most women take safety precautions- and a ton of men love- respect- find "fat chicks" sexy as hell and attractive- just because a few vocal ones run around broadcasting their horrific prejudicial bias does not qualify as a unilateral fear for the general male-population - i would dare say more appropriate male american/british fears are unshaven female bodies and menstruation and any natural bodily functions-gas-bowel movements-urination women attempt to hide the fact they are human.
Men do same things with head shots- good advice i have received is include body shots, because someone will be extremely attracted to whatever you are and that is who you want to date: male or female, not a person who is compromising- and treats you that way. being-flat,fat, curvy, hippy, narrow, boyish, busty,muscular, lanky, solid, lithe, thick etc nobody wants to meet and think wow never would have thunk.. lol
BTW typically women read men's profiles and men read women's profiles if heterosexual, so how the hell is this a reasonable contrast/compare discussion we can't do that with theOP the post is basically an attempt to put women on defensive and attempt to stigmatize any feminist attitudes- inducing fear and control on said expression.
 Inicia
Msg: 114 (view)

Never been married suddenly at 50 you wanna marry someone REALLY
Posted: 8/18/2018 9:38:50 AM
married or unmarried does not indicate anything about ability to commit- it indicates different choices in life-we all grow and change(hopefully)-many marry and have no commitment-others single have tons of loyalty/commitment-and after thirty years of marriage and married since about 20 yrs of age- might be time for 20 years of playing the field- after apx 30 yrs of playing the field -might be a bit tired and done with dating scene.
 Inicia
Msg: 131 (view)

At Our Age Do You Date to Date or Find a Mate?
Posted: 8/18/2018 9:32:15 AM
Me too (that bigamist) i am going to divorce him- i will not share- mine all mine-additionally we never have date night too busy being in the spirit and i need a little loving: no human can compare- so never married- definitely enjoying the date not categorizing pros and cons list for longterm criteria- and people asking or wanting exclusivity after a few emails or one date-does not work for me-if a natural intimacy and compatibility develop while dating a long term companion would be lovely.
 Inicia
Msg: 75 (view)

Males looking for females interested in discussing philosophy.
Posted: 8/18/2018 8:47:35 AM
Females were not ALLOWED[ to "fight" in wars and not ALLOWED to vote- what the hell logic is behind women did not get to vote because they did not have to fight or be drafted- get an education please- do some gender studies- idiocy?? still an ideology presented and supported is that women do not belong in the infantry-but much of this fear SEEMS to be generated by an honest concern for protecting women-however, females stamina for withstanding/enduring torture is much better than males- and during discussions of the Geneva convention and rape, during boot camp training, female soldiers are outraged at male soldiers' cavalier expression towards honoring the civil/human protections/rules presented in it (the geneva convention). Might not the real reason be women infantry could prevent total dehumanization/degradation/feminization of the ememy
 Inicia
Msg: 10 (view)

Two profiles - same pics - same style of intro - fakes?
Posted: 8/16/2018 6:14:41 AM
Often peoples profiles are deleted(by admins) or hacked etc- resubmitting often you may not use original screen name- i would be more concerned if profiles stated totally different interest etc- heights weights etc. there is nothing fake (dishonest) about having to recreate a profile due to tech glitches..
 Inicia
Msg: 65 (view)

Long nails
Posted: 8/12/2018 4:23:31 PM
well manicured hands are attractive and appealing for both sexes- dirty fingernails worse to me than bitten fingernails-often nails get dirty from working painting etc- but for an evening out put the effort in.
 Inicia
Msg: 222 (view)

Swinging i don't get it!
Posted: 8/12/2018 3:53:59 PM
Curious- POF had a rule if you were married you could not be a member>>Has that changed? Not jealousy/insecurity- but selfishness if i love someone end of story- but sex is not love and matters not who you have it with- if your partner is not selfish and is willing to share you and your goods with everyone on the planet and their own goods are equally as devalued cool. enjoy
 Inicia
Msg: 294 (view)

Older men's expectations
Posted: 8/11/2018 11:36:54 AM
^^Funny how perceptions can be so revealed with our assumptions- lol- one thinks magical mystical Ju-Ju and another thinks jujube candy-- who in these two see a powerful equivalent/or tasty treat to eat? lol oh just the simplest things are so revealing.
 Inicia
Msg: 136 (view)

Have Something to Say to Your Ex? Say it Here.
Posted: 8/9/2018 8:49:22 PM
life is good without you! thank you
 Inicia
Msg: 28 (view)

Sex and Love
Posted: 8/9/2018 8:25:49 PM
if you were hurt- it is valid-you felt it no need to get opinions- moving on -addiction is harrowing for all involved- an "addict" loves their substance that is the loyalty-if no money for substance will do whatever it takes-yes that can include trading sex for money or substance. so evaluate yourself and your needs desires and goals-honor yourself- be aware that having a "criminal" record can make recidivism a risk.. good luck make informed decisions for yourself.
 Inicia
Msg: 218 (view)

Swinging i don't get it!
Posted: 8/9/2018 8:15:58 PM
um you might want to examine your logic- you left this woman you were very happy to share because her ex remained in her life???and if she trusted and loved you so completely waiting to get back into your arms?? what was the problem?? just****ring occasionally with her ex and happily returning to your love fest- why was he any different than others- or was it real with him too for her- maybe she wanted both of you together sharing her squirming delight- or in crease her audience fan base- or another thought was he violent and dangerous and you both refused to press charges and put a ppo on him?

Yeah very aware at the fact that many totally in love with wife or husband can look elsewhere-i was the other woman enough to know any hole or pole will do and nothing special about me or mine- however when i love a person i really am blind to all others- might be the problem for obtaining a permanent committed relationship especially as i expect the same from my partner- but no big deal- swinging is a cavalier attitude towards matrimony which i do not have-hence also never married lol
 Inicia
Msg: 73 (view)

Males looking for females interested in discussing philosophy.
Posted: 8/9/2018 8:00:47 PM
poop on nice- kind sure-intelligent sure-generous-compassionate-considerate-civil(most of the time but sometimes a little incivility is warranted)- historically nice has total different meaning - i have met plenty of "nice" people who underneath are emotionally bankrupt and are "nice" to obtain material goods or manipulating favors and than in niceness we oblige (keeping my own shirt thank you very much) F GS i do not mean sex- that is a shared hopefully pleasurable experience activity for both. yes women do get called nerds- or crazy(because they think too much)- it is a struggle for all to find a suitable partner- yes it can lead to choices of being single..
 Inicia
Msg: 101 (view)

Posted: 8/9/2018 7:45:12 PM
^^^ love it*** to all the decent civil people- i often miss the mark but know it when i see it.
 Inicia
Msg: 98 (view)

Posted: 8/9/2018 3:08:48 PM
This is all good- nice to have open discussions-i have not seen a thread by women professing the patriarchal woman-hating agenda in undertone in most men's profile forum-so what gives?- just another criticism of women not towing the line- and BTW doesn't matter if its make up- weight- height-petite curvy- too good looking- too ugly-haggy, too b-tchy too independent-too needy- too dramatic too much baggage- children no children- single- divorced - accepting or not accepting/ allowing not allowing a man to pay for a date-etc just we need fix ourselves and that we are even responding to this topic shows how brainwashed we are. who the f cares move on whiner- we all read profiles of a picture we find attractive see something in it that can say moving on- so what- move on
no need to try to make the women that intimidate you cow down and change or insult a bunch of women in general that you did not even contact or attempt to speak to- accept not f-in for you..the pickens are slim compromise or shut up.
Ever wonder why they are undertones?: Because, women in our culture are so fearful of expressing themselves openly and assertively(deemed B**tchy) they don't come right out and say it- they imply in ways, yes even a peabrain could pick up on- these subtle innuendos (female language cues utilized to "protect their egos) most adult men have learned " Yet the OP cannot even be happy with that- no got to bash em. Accept your dignity offered on a silver platter and leave it alone.
 Inicia
Msg: 314 (view)

Hawkings was wrong about the non-existence of God.
Posted: 8/9/2018 6:24:12 AM
^^
^^
Funny shit!

Inicia
Msg: 38 (view)

MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/9/2018 6:10:58 AM
Models/pin-up stars/ac/tors/tresses- etc in rel life caught at star-bucks-or on way to grocery store-- hmm big difference- all just fashion /style accessories- hair make up clothes etc. No one need be identified by this or judged on this-yes certainly can be more appealing to the eye- However, a suit and tie /dress with well groomed hair, head and face, skillfully applied make up-high quality stylish footwear, does not make a knight-or queen of one's soul-yet, often, we express interest only in those whom meet our own personal criteria for physical attractiveness- no harm no foul! (how many grow hair/ head or facial to appeal to mates desires? or wear clothes their mate deems appealing, including styles of make-up? Most of us are willing to compromise for our partners- if we have them- until we have one we will attract those basically good with our choices of personal style))
witch hazel will also prevent redness and reduce bumps/bleeding from shaving or waxing.
Yes Ju-ju- you are very attractive and youthful often more melanin in the skin can reduce damage from sun and elements. I find older black/latino/italian/asian/middle eastern men/women to often look much more youthful(held up to the test of time) than their white counterparts (me lol).
 Inicia
Msg: 2770 (view)

Posted: 8/8/2018 4:15:13 PM
ticket to the other side of forever
Yet no end- no beginning it's here
no start- no finish- just a middle
journey finds no end, did not begin

with one step, but pounding of hearts
crescendo into freedom aware we been
no bulls eye, to gather points with darts
waiting on some giant hand to meddle
 Inicia
Msg: 2768 (view)

Posted: 8/8/2018 8:01:36 AM
growing ever small to eventually shrink
rocks stroked by water and wind crumble
into sand, insignificant alone, be humble
surround ocean's expanse form the link

A flag with no boundaries under the sun
Set over vast beaches of lands, dawning
a day in sands of time that is gathering
the rising of hands held together as one
 Inicia
Msg: 2767 (view)

Posted: 8/8/2018 8:01:18 AM
growing ever small to eventually shrink
rocks stroked by water and wind crumble
into sand, insignificant alone, be humble
surround ocean's expanse form the link

A flag with no boundaries under the sun
Set over vast beaches of lands, dawning
a day in sands of time that is gathering
the rising of hands held together as one
 Inicia
Msg: 14 (view)

What Is It With 'Addiction'?
Posted: 8/8/2018 7:16:40 AM
It's rather simplistic to suggest that addicts are merely lazy people.
spot on!! look at the antics/work one will go through to obtain "addictive" substance-that is on a bad day lol. good days spent maintaining supply. might want to throw "money" into the "addiction" category??? as surely this is unnecessary substance??? People do exist without it? Some more successfully than others..
 Inicia
Msg: 172 (view)

Dating a person with mental illness scare u?
Posted: 8/8/2018 7:08:35 AM
Nope, know many "mentally ill" people with wonderful fully- developed, honest personalities and character-counseling and therapy can provide self introspection and personal emotional growth-"normies" may/can fear any form of therapy or self introspection; consequently, fail litmus test of honest self awareness. Yet both "normal" and "mentally ill" can resist personal growth-my red flag is the stagnation not the mental status. lol
 Inicia
Msg: 89 (view)

Posted: 8/8/2018 6:55:30 AM
^ Ditto- If you don't like or turned off by profile for whatever reason- a polite no thank you-moving on- is all that is necessary-It is not necessary or helpful to explain anything more-if someone asks for advice on profile or why?: cool give reasons; yet even when asked attempt polite kind delivery. We all see people-profiles we perceive unfavorably- if you believe it is a minor issue asking "hey what did you mean by "___" or "I am not sure what you are saying with"_____". Again making decisions for self: rather than lambasting an individual for personal beliefs or feelings..Everybody has different life experiences..
 Inicia
Msg: 311 (view)

Hawkings was wrong about the non-existence of God.
Posted: 8/8/2018 6:25:16 AM
Why is it so important to drive a wedge between different(institutions/factions/fields) for myself i find no irreconcilable problems between honoring human scientific understanding and honoring my spiritual faith- this continuous devaluing of different fields of study- belief-philosophy- only prevents advancement of civilization and creates division in humanity. Regardless of atheism or deism-agnosticism- etc faith in a god- surely would indicate one believes a scientific human understanding/advancement was supported by the fabulous brain/tools a-deity/ties blessed us with- and surely any scientific brain/logic would not devalue or disregard the very real social/cultural/societal benefits/advancement/tools faith (deism) has offered.

Show ALL Forums