Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: How Do Men Bond with Women?
 Flurr
Msg: 79 (view)

How Do Men Bond with Women?
Posted: 6/28/2015 7:38:31 PM
Lololol I can't believe all this about a bag of milk, well actually its 3 bags within a bag, but that's what most of us do. I live literally a stones throw south of Detroit, and I think you guys should try our milk, way better, like waaaaay better. I refuse to drink American milk, sorry guys.
 Flurr
Msg: 50 (view)

How Do Men Bond with Women?
Posted: 6/21/2015 5:19:23 PM
This is getting to be too difficult when it's very simple. Convenience. After awhile it is just easier to stay with the one you are with as long as she still needs you and you're getting what you want out of it. If a bag of milk at the store closest to you cost $3.99, and a new store opens up across town selling milk at $2.99 a bag, if you like the milk you already have it seems pointless to go looking for milk somewhere else. But if that milk becomes $50.00 a bag then you say **** that shit, I'm going somewhere else for milk or not drink it at all until something reasonable comes around.
 Flurr
Msg: 81 (view)

Dad with 24 yr old daughter, very close.
Posted: 6/21/2015 5:04:00 PM
You sound like you're jealous of his daughter.
 Flurr
Msg: 39 (view)

dating a 10
Posted: 6/26/2014 9:19:21 PM
^^^^ assuming you're in a population within your age range.
 Flurr
Msg: 4 (view)

I don't understand the signals this girl has sent
Posted: 6/26/2014 9:16:21 PM
I agree to call as well, if she doesn't answer shoot her another text to give you a shout back when she has a chance. Calling is good but don't be a pest and don't forget what texting is used for (not for conversations unless you are unable to get to the phone, i.e work, school, noisy environments). When you receive a text then contact them back whenever it is convenient for you, that is the idea. A texting conversation can get boring and misunderstood, no good can come from that.
 Flurr
Msg: 191 (view)

Does a single parent with 4 kids put off potential parthers?
Posted: 6/26/2014 8:55:04 PM
A serious relationship? Yes, it does. That is societies fault, not yours.
 Flurr
Msg: 6 (view)

My boyfriend had just talked to this girl.
Posted: 6/26/2014 8:33:02 PM
Even if he isn't cheating he is definitely not being considerate. How can anybody believe that when you are living with someone it is okay to just leave for 4+hours and not come home until 2 am without a phone call? Even if he is at church and talking with his minister he should still call and let you know. It definitely sounds like him and his brother are in this together as well. Why would his brother not want you to tell Garrett what he said after his brother had his back on the situation? Either you are dating a cheater, an inconsiderate loser, or somebody with the common sense of dirt. Neither one of those is worth your time and energy.
 Flurr
Msg: 15 (view)

dating a 10
Posted: 6/24/2014 5:42:16 PM
I've never dated a "10", maybe 8 or 9 tops, but I don't think I would have a problem with any additional attention. So if you want to know what it was like dating a "10" you would have to ask one of my ex girlfriends.....
 Flurr
Msg: 18 (view)

He still has online profile up :(
Posted: 6/23/2014 4:46:39 PM
Marinchik!!! My fellow Canadian :D

I was in a long distance relationship last year, I'm in Windsor and she was in the middle of nowhere in Norfolk county, lol. We made it work until we realized we'd never move since we both recently got careers. Your situation seems different, I believe you can make it work. As for scaring him off I wouldn't worry about that, like it was previously mentioned if he leaves he leaves. I wouldn't recommend surprising him on becoming exclusive and deleting his profile. You need to ask probing questions to qualify him as a potential long term mate. Start by asking "Would you delete your profile after becoming exclusive?", "Is exclusivity important to you?", "How would you like me to introduce you to my parents after graduation?"...... A follow up question would be something along the lines as "Wouldn't it be nice to focus on a relationship rather than online dating?" Catch my drift? He might even think of becoming exclusive all by himself, or at least give you an accurate timeline.

Good luck!
 Flurr

He still has online profile up :(
Posted: 6/23/2014 9:50:14 AM
I believe you definitely need to talk. Since you two aren't together he is free to do as he wishes. If you want to be with him then you need to talk about exclusivity. What if he was checking out profiles and chatting with other women because he is unsure if you want to be exclusive? Only one way to find out right?

Also don't be offended or worried if he says he wants to take it slow because to be fair it has only been 6 weeks, just bring it up and see what he says.

Good luck!
 Flurr
Msg: 3 (view)

Meet me feature
Posted: 6/23/2014 6:50:02 AM
To be clear, you don't think my use of the meet me feature could be seen as advantageous?

I understand the whole issue with the "maybe" and "yes" but I wasn't looking for a respond by simply clicking one of those buttons. You can easily turn off POF notifications and then never receive an email when "so and so wants to meet you!"

Thank you for the reply :-)
 Flurr
Msg: 1 (view)

Meet me feature
Posted: 6/23/2014 5:49:55 AM
I came across a thread in the "Ask a girl" forum which is now closed but I am left with some curiosity.

Here is what the member was posting: "Why click YES and not respond?"

Everybody was complaining about the meet me feature except for myself. So I was wondering if this was consistent across POF or just the select few who were able to post on the thread before it closed.

Here is my post:

Well looks like I am the only one who enjoys this feature, lololol. Here are my reasons why. I went through ALL the meet me profiles on here until there wasn't any left and the ones I clicked YES are saved on my account. So when I have the time I go back and read the profile and decide to send them a message or not. Once I went through everybody I go back to the meet me feature and if anybody has recently signed up they will be on there since I've went through all the older profiles. The reason why this is beneficial is because most people don't know how bad POF can be until they experience it, so I'd like to get them before they get scared off. Another reason why I found it to be beneficial is you get to message them first and for us guys this site is extremely competitive and I will make use of any function that will give me an advantage over the next person.

Does it work? Not exactly sure but I have had countless meets (at least 40) and have dated a few people for a period of time as well. Might have nothing to do with the meet me feature but I will still give it some credit.

Does anybody agree? Disagree? Have used the meet me strategically? Or am I the only one?

What are you comments?
 Flurr
Msg: 17 (view)

why click yes if you wont respond?
Posted: 6/23/2014 5:38:23 AM
Well looks like I am the only one who enjoys this feature, lololol. Here are my reasons why. I went through ALL the meet me profiles on here until there wasn't any left and the ones I clicked YES are saved on my account. So when I have the time I go back and read the profile and decide to send them a message or not. Once I went through everybody I go back to the meet me feature and if anybody has recently signed up they will be on there since I've went through all the older profiles. The reason why this is beneficial is because most people don't know how bad POF can be until they experience it, so I'd like to get them before they get scared off. Another reason why I found it to be beneficial is you get to message them first and for us guys this site is extremely competitive and I will make use of any function that will give me an advantage over the next person.

Does it work? Not exactly sure but I have had countless meets (at least 40) and have dated a few people for a period of time as well. Might have nothing to do with the meet me feature but I will still give it some credit.
 Flurr
Msg: 17 (view)

Leading the Relationship
Posted: 6/23/2014 5:08:19 AM

Contrary to popular belief relationships are not 50/50, they have to be 100/100 if they are going to work
ridiculous statement. 50/50 = 100/100. Picking up the slack when needed, yes makes sense, if and only if both parties are willing to put in 100% effort, 100% of the time to contribute to an equal partnership. Double talk doesn't get anybody anywhere in these forums.
 Flurr
Msg: 12 (view)

Is it just me, or are some people rude
Posted: 6/20/2014 7:40:20 PM
How is it rude not to reply back??? Nobody owes you anything, especially if they don't even know you. If somebody doesn't want what you give them (your message) but you expect something in return (their message) the trade is unbalanced and you are "expecting to get something for nothing".
 Flurr
Msg: 10 (view)

Guys is it typical
Posted: 6/20/2014 7:35:10 PM
Flirting can be subconscious, texting is not.
 Flurr
Msg: 211 (view)

Girls: do you let a guy cum inside you? Or always with a wrapped tool?
Posted: 6/20/2014 7:08:42 PM
^^^^^^ no complaints because he has never experienced anything else, not a very good source for information.
 Flurr

Flirting
Posted: 6/20/2014 7:03:41 PM
I doubt any straight men can give you an accurate answer on how long they think it will take from a man to ask another man out at work. Regardless, I'd say don't date your coworkers.
 Flurr
Msg: 21 (view)

Im 40, he's 27
Posted: 6/15/2014 8:45:51 PM
It sounds like you are trying to make a case for dating this man. Which if that is what you really want then go for it, but make sure both of you are serious about this. I'm 27 and I wouldn't even consider dating a 30 year old let alone a 40 year old but everybody is different so I can't speak for this guy. Play it safe, and have fun :D
 Flurr
Msg: 6 (view)

Is he just being friendly
Posted: 6/8/2014 4:29:02 AM
^^^^ She's probably right, haha. I think it would be more beneficial though not to form it as a question. After you start talking next time at work and you have qualified him by asking "what you do you have going on today/this weekend/after work" then go ahead and throw in "Let's go get a coffee". It's just a closing technique for sales that tends to work in other aspects of life as well ;-)
 Flurr
Msg: 3 (view)

Is he just being friendly
Posted: 6/7/2014 7:52:37 PM
He could be shy or just stupid. Hell I never ever ever have any idea what so ever if a woman is flirting with me unless somebody literally says "Hey (dummy) she was flirting with you" and that is usually another girl. If you like him then ask him out to coffee or ice cream or just to chill and maybe he will catch on and make a move when you are on your own time.
 Flurr
Msg: 9 (view)

i hate that i let her walk all over me
Posted: 6/7/2014 5:21:55 PM
Oh man, this is as easy as the broad you were seeing. Next time this happens just play it off like its nothing then just keep banging her til you find someone else then dump her. She might get pissed but who gives a shit at that point. You gotta look out for #1 and worry about the rest later. You will know when you are with just some slut and after you figure that out you can then emotionally divest from the relationship. Don't dump a decent piece of ass until you have a replacement. (Note: don't do this to an innocent girl, but there is nothing wrong with an eye for an eye in my books) Hell by the sounds of it this girl would probably like to be played and might be there to hit again if your next relationship falls apart.
 Flurr
Msg: 47 (view)

People I chat to - just disappear without explanation - is this normal?
Posted: 6/6/2014 8:47:06 PM
Did you ask them out on a date? Maybe they figured you weren't going to ask and bounced. Not all but possibly some.
 Flurr
Msg: 116 (view)

Bunny
Posted: 6/3/2014 6:43:04 PM
wowowowowow that's expensive!!!! Just move to Windsor, On. It's a fraction of that cost, and probably get a good exchange rate too! lol
 Flurr
Msg: 69 (view)

I saw a text message in my boyfriends cellphone
Posted: 6/3/2014 6:04:44 PM
I always say "likely not" if somebody asks me that question because its true. Think of how many people the average person has dated in their lives and then think about the number of marriages. Since the first number generally is larger than the second than the probability of any particular person you are going to date would be less that 0.50. Therefore it is unlikely the current person you are with is "the one". As for language, he'll get use to it, your english seems to be better than most who use it as their primary language, haha.
 Flurr
Msg: 115 (view)

Do men really like Dominant Women?
Posted: 6/3/2014 5:50:26 PM
No. I tried to keep it as simple as that but this stupid forum said my answer wasn't long enough.
 Flurr
Msg: 642 (view)

oral sex and swallowing cum and why they wont do it
Posted: 6/3/2014 5:31:06 PM
Wow, kind of surprised at this because I've never had a girl NOT swallow.....
 Flurr
Msg: 8 (view)

TIME ISSUES
Posted: 2/16/2014 5:39:43 PM
Email markus and ask lol
 Flurr
Msg: 111 (view)

Whatever Happens Happens
Posted: 2/16/2014 5:37:36 PM
When I say that, I usually mean I don't really care what happens.
 Flurr
Msg: 20 (view)

BEST first meet?
Posted: 1/24/2014 6:55:31 PM
I have had a few lol

First meet ever we met at a bar near her place, she had big tits and real cute, she got loaded off wine, we banged I bounced afterwards and were fb for months after, we still chat once in a while.

Met a girl who was going to college in my city. Went to her dorm she smoked me up and then banged. Met up a few times after that as well.

Met a girl like 40mins away from me in the country, hot too, went to the beach and i4 started pouring out so we chatted for a couple hours under the Pavillion before going home. Didnt see each other for a while because she was too far but like a year later ended up hangin out n she needed a place to crash then a little while after that I needed someone to watch my dog for the weekend so I had her stay at my place again. Still chat once in a while.

Best meet was my previous gf of a year. I went 2 hours on a train to meet her at restaurant with her sister. It started storming so we couldn't do much but she turned out to be very nice and was a great relationship for a year, ended in a "good break up" and I intend to be friends with her for many years to come.
 Flurr
Msg: 254 (view)

Biggest Pet Peeves for online dating
Posted: 1/19/2014 6:03:57 AM
The horrible grammar blows my mind!!! It doesn't have to be perfect but when a run-on sentence turns into a paragraph.......
 Flurr
Msg: 50 (view)

driving and dating can It really be hard?
Posted: 1/18/2014 5:53:42 PM
I'm in a similar boat with no car, I live close to everything and alot of people around here have ebikes but in Windsor its a sign of poverty haha. I sold my car to save money for a down payment on a house, once I know what's left over then I will know what kind of car I can afford. If a woman had a problem with that I would be MORE than happy if she lost interest, you can try and use that excuse if you like.
 Flurr

I was born a woman?
Posted: 1/16/2014 12:22:48 PM
Sounds sketchy id just ignore her/him
 Flurr
Msg: 91 (view)

Spending Christmas Alone
Posted: 1/15/2014 7:59:50 PM
Well I'm anti-religious (all beliefs) so I could care less about what happens on Christmas, I prefer to work to cash in on the time and a half but it sucks when you're alone because everything is closed and nothing on tv. With that being said if you can stay busy enough there's always another day to hang with some friends! Lol
 Flurr
Msg: 24 (view)

First Meet
Posted: 1/15/2014 7:38:22 PM
Ughhh I hate that! Just tell him you'll let him know next time you're available. Then when you're bored one day give him a shout. It has happened to me a few times and its annoying, like **** I have better shit to do with my time then deal with this, ya know?
 Flurr
Msg: 21 (view)

Sharing sexual experiences with friends?
Posted: 1/15/2014 7:21:26 PM
Of all my friends I get asked more by women then men. Most of my conversations with my guy friends are jokes and sports, unless we're high then we talk about politics, economic, science and philosophy lol.
 Flurr

anxiety help
Posted: 1/15/2014 7:13:09 PM
Smoke weed. Not kidding.
 Flurr
Msg: 70 (view)

There is no such thing as time, and thus no such thing as death
Posted: 1/13/2014 5:28:22 PM
Very true, if you have once existed in this universe then you will always exist in this universe, at least somewhere.
 Flurr
Msg: 66 (view)

Where did motion come from?
Posted: 1/13/2014 5:16:50 PM
Dobermonster hit the nail on the head!!!
 Flurr
Msg: 168 (view)

Time Travel-Is it possible?
Posted: 1/13/2014 5:13:27 PM
Yes, we travel through time everyday, its all about an individual perception.
 Flurr

Is Hockey Over?
Posted: 1/13/2014 4:59:06 PM
Vipbox.net free streaming
 Flurr
Msg: 2 (view)

Men's hockey, Sochi 2014
Posted: 1/13/2014 4:56:43 PM
Should be Canada Russia and Sweden. I cant believe Canada didn't take St. Louis or Seabrooke. Prediction, Canada wins gold.
 Flurr
Msg: 2 (view)

After how much sex do you feel Sexually Compatable?
Posted: 1/13/2014 4:37:15 PM
I think every couple is different. I can feel compatible from 1 to 5 times. If it ain't right by then I kind of know to cut my losses. As for knowing someone non sexually to feel compatible, not needed but I think most women would say otherwise.
 Flurr
Msg: 61 (view)

I'm rather confused as to why people seek relationships.
Posted: 1/13/2014 4:31:59 PM
^^^^^

Whooooaaaa 2 years??? Lets slow down lol shit I'd like to live together for a year or two before even proposing. You should know what you're getting into right? Lol
 Flurr
Msg: 115 (view)

Why do women wear shirts that show alot in public?
Posted: 1/12/2014 8:19:04 PM
Have you seen what guys wear??? Some people don't care lol
 Flurr
Msg: 48 (view)

Text Messaging is ruining my dating life.
Posted: 1/12/2014 7:04:57 PM
Unfortunately you are wrong once again ktxginger :-( Once upon a time tying up the phone was viewed the same way as texting is now. Also to clear the air I never grew up with cell phones, internet or cable. You mostly have more experience with those things than I do, lol. Most people also don't dedicate themselves to one person when talking on the phone either, whether they are taking care of the kids, talking to other people in the room or watching tv or even worse like driving!!! Lol just set up a time and date to meet with someone, there is no reason why you should spend more than a minute or two on the phone whether its talking or texting. Maybe its just different for men then women.
 Flurr

Single dad, two kids, criminal record and on parole
Posted: 1/11/2014 5:55:22 PM
Wowowowowow stay outta idaho! I got caught selling cocaine and marijuana and had a grow room ready to go and only got a curfew plus was still able to find a job.... in sales.... lol. Sounds rough bro, good luck.
 Flurr
Msg: 120 (view)

Asking a Female Stranger Out. (Randomly)
Posted: 1/11/2014 5:39:47 PM
You can't just walk up and ask, you have to have a plan. Are you a football fan? Have you heard of the west coast offense, pass to set up the run? Same thing! You have to make a couple passes before you take a run at her, lol.
 Flurr
Msg: 185 (view)

what if a guy wants to move in right off the bat after meeting you
Posted: 1/11/2014 5:30:21 PM
How do you not know this answer?
 Flurr
Msg: 42 (view)

Text Messaging is ruining my dating life.
Posted: 1/11/2014 5:05:19 PM
^^^^^

Talking on thr phone is almost as bad as texting, most people hate it. What should happen is people should get out of the house for a change and interact with others in person. 80% of our communication is body language!!!

Show ALL Forums