Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Alcoholism, the rise and fall of a relationship.
 seekingladyreal
Msg: 9 (view)

Alcoholism, the rise and fall of a relationship.
Posted: 7/3/2006 11:18:34 AM
Hey! Bud: My sympathies to You. I was in a 14yr on/off relationship which just recently ended. I am basically a rescuer type personality, and through that anchor, I thought if I just hung in there I would show her that I was her support for when she was ready to realize sobriety is the only answer. DIDN'T HAPPEN! It hurts to see someone (especially one who you exchanged "I Love You" with) to continue to keep abusing themselves. My significant other would drink all at once (like a junkie shoots up), and thats where she would leave my universe. The real bad part was the paranoia, that I couldn't handle. Let it go! RUN XARZY! RUN!
Like others have mentioned; unless the person is willing to heal their past wounds and come out of denial, we can't even throw them a line.

Show ALL Forums