Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Does anyone else draw, paint, or sculpt?
 southmeetswest
Msg: 58 (view)

Does anyone else draw, paint, or sculpt?
Posted: 3/10/2013 9:33:55 PM
watercolors for me over the last 15 years. transitioning to acrylics and it has been tough in many ways, but also very fun and spontaneous. my biggest problem with acrylics is getting colors the way i want them and i have always considered myself especially skilled in color while working with watercolors.
would appreciate any suggestions from othe acrylic users!
kaylee
 southmeetswest
Msg: 25 (view)

Lower Back Pain Lumbar Epidural.
Posted: 2/23/2013 5:56:37 PM
asus,

have a history of lower back problems. way back in 87 severely ruptured disc at 5th lumbar. Did the ortho, the chiro, the neuro.the neuro said i should have surgery, the ortho recommended pt, the chiro, well, i was in too much pain for the adjustments.
took muscle relaxers, pain meds, physical therapy, yada, yada, yada. (hate taking meds) (hate pain meds)
Time is a factor here, it takes time and treatments to stop the acute phase of inflammation. The swelling will recede, the pain will recede.

did the steroid injections, 3 times all 3 worked wonders for me for anywhere from 6 months to 1.5 years.
eventually i got better better but i still had a lot of low grade pain and limited lifestyle because anything could trigger a flare up.
went back to surgeon 8 years later saying i have to do something to rid myself of all the pain. of course he said he couldn't do anything at that point. ended up getting a recommendation from my hair dresser on a great chiro.
that was 8 years ago. i have been pain free since the first visit. i go in and get tweaked when i get a little backache that won't go away in 24 hrs of icing and ibuprofen.

my thoughts, follow/explore the pathways suggested by your docs. except the surgical one! if you get tempted about surgery, read all you can from people who have had surgery, and realize the risks are greater for bad outcomes than good with surgery.

try using ibuprofen or anti-inflammatory meds instead of pain pills and muscle relaxers. Ice, Ice, Ice, not heat.
ice for 15 min., gentle stretching, and ibuprofen is my recipe
be willing to ice 3-4 or more times a day. buy a belt that velcros around your hips.

stay out of the car, truck. try not to sit too much, use good body mechanics, keep mental stress down as that tightens muscles all over our bodies. get a great mattress, not a good one, a great one. tempur-pedic is my top choice and would not ever have another. lose any extra weight, that helps alot.
do yoga, do hypnosis, do acupuncture.

I like to remind myself that The Power that made the body Heals the body. That means you take care of your body so your body can heal itself.

kaylee
 southmeetswest
Msg: 9 (view)

Returning to Study.
Posted: 2/12/2013 7:59:48 PM
I am in nursing school. Start clinicals in the fall.

This is an exciting time to learn, the technology available online is amazing.

My methods to study are a little of the old ones I used for my undergrad degree and now I have added some resources that didn't exist back then.
Read the material before the lecture, so you have seen some of the new words, new concepts.
Read the Table of Contents: it will give you a look at the overall picture and the pathway you will follow in the class
Don't spend all your time in lecture writing what is being said. Instead underline what you can in the text that corresponds, make little notes on any connections that you make while listening. Make notes on which areas are most confusing.
Go back and sort throught the confusing parts. For me, I must get comfortable with the concepts before I can understand the intricacies and add them mentally to what i have heard.

Take difficult concepts and rewrite them in your own words so that it makes sense to you. Study with others and practice sharing what you know, it helps you retain it. And you will learn from others also.

Utube videos are amazing. Type a search for any subject you are studying into a utube search. There are countless animations, illustrations, and different ways of teaching to be found. It builds on what you got in lecture and the book.

I think memorization for the sake of passing a test is something we lose as we age. For me, I do better with word associations or funny little ditties to spark my memory and connect the material in my mind.

There are also tutorials on utube that teach you ways to study and retain information. I use all of the above.

Good luck,
Kaylee
 southmeetswest
Msg: 17 (view)

Feeling it one date, not the next
Posted: 1/30/2013 7:44:28 PM
Do Not arrange a date at yours or her place!
be creative and do something that puts you in the position to talk and laugh. outdoors, the park, diner, dinner, someplace with great music, soft lights, anything but your or her home!
 southmeetswest
Msg: 179 (view)

Do people really have time to date??
Posted: 1/30/2013 9:28:45 AM
i don't get the selfish part. IF both parties are aware of the impending scheduling issues, but want to move forward anyway, even though sacrifices related to time will exist. how is that selfish.

i don't expect anyone to give up things that are important to them for me. if they have everything , all the time, in front of us spending time together, well, then we are just not compatible.

if you demand that and they can't or won't give the level you need, you just let it go. what is the point of accusing someone of being selfish? how about not being compatible, or wanting different things in life?

i find that many of the people who demand undivided attention are exhausting (to me), and it is my preference to not date that type or even have friendships with that type of personality.

i thought more about compatibility with me and what that might look like. probably someone who is still working or loves golf or has his hands and mind involved in something he loves or is dedicated to. or all of these things.
we would probably share our daily tales with one another, enjoy our limited time together, and feel pretty good about maintaining and supporting one another as individuals.

kaylee
 southmeetswest
Msg: 173 (view)

Do people really have time to date??
Posted: 1/29/2013 6:41:39 PM
obviously, i think it is important to let people know up front if you are too busy to date! i put it on my profile.
i am in nursing school and have 16 months to go so i truly do not have time to give someone, unless that someone was also very busy and was okay with what i have going on. i could deal with someone equally busy as i know how that feels.
i pretty much don't make contacts but i do answer contacts, mostly with an affirmation that i don't have time.
i work 3 days a week (every weekend), go to school 4 days a week, and study and sleep the balance of that time.

not thinking that someone would want to be in the background of my life for that long so will wait til i am done to consider what is possible.

kaylee
 southmeetswest
Msg: 7 (view)

The Catfish
Posted: 1/26/2013 3:40:23 PM
if you have not watched episodes of Catfish the TV Show, you would be amazed at what people do and how long they communicate and say they have fallen in love. Then they meet one another.......very interesting look at online relationships, the reasons behind all this, and how vulnerable some are. it is on mtv. i watch episodes on my computer.

makes me more dedicated to meet soon, and if one puts it off, move on, because they probably have something they are trying to hide.

kaylee
 southmeetswest
Msg: 11 (view)

question for dog people
Posted: 1/22/2013 10:43:46 PM
well, i tried a couple more things. finally got her to take it wrapped in a small piece of bread. i figured out it needed to be small enough for her not to require chewing, she would detect it. the small just got swallowed!

trying to get her head up to open her mouth was impossible. so i couldn't just throw it into the back of her throat. she is a mix chow, shepard, lab. something and has the strongest neck and head muscles that she locks into place when she doesn't want to pick her head up!

she is 13 years old and has a few problems, the biggest being a tumor on her hip called a hemangiopericystoma. anyone else have experience with this?

thanks again
kaylee

thanks for the responses.
 southmeetswest

gracious response to a 'no' on the second date invitation
Posted: 1/21/2013 8:01:07 PM
op

she is probably still interested, call her again and make a plan for the near future.

i am someone who loves last minute invitations, so not all women are put off by it. it just happens she already had plans, doesn't mean more than that.

call her again,

kaylee
 southmeetswest
Msg: 3 (view)

question for dog people
Posted: 1/21/2013 7:02:09 PM
thanks AA

i have tried the tricks i usually use successfully, wrapping it in tasty stuff. but it is a pretty big capsule with the powdered medicine inside. she detects it, eats the treat then spits the pill out.
what i would like to know is if anyone has broken this particular medicine out of the capsule to sprinkle on or in something tasty. is it safe to break it open? i have searched all over the internet and can't find an answer.
the insert doesn't address it.

kaylee
 southmeetswest
Msg: 1 (view)

question for dog people
Posted: 1/21/2013 6:30:08 PM
hi,

need to give my dog capsule of amoxicillin. she has spit it out 3 times, had to throw it away. i can call the vet tomorrow but was hoping to start the meds tonight.

has anyone broken amoxicillin capsule open to give? it doesn't say time released.
500 mg amoxicillin. the insert does not address this one way or another.

thanks, if you have experienced this, please chime in!

kaylee
 southmeetswest
Msg: 45 (view)

How do i move on or better yet get him back
Posted: 1/18/2013 4:15:28 PM
annieochre

you have surmised all that from her post and her profile?

being emotionally immature does not mean she is not a good mother!

she does have intentions of going to school

and how would you know she would have unprotected sex at the drop of a hat?

to suggest that her child should be taken away from her is outlandish.

i did not check her age, but i can tell you that many young women are great mothers. my 1st child was born when i was 18. i have a neice who had a baby at 14. she is now in her 20's, has taken care of that baby and done a fine job.

kaylee
 southmeetswest
Msg: 12 (view)

Younger VS. Older
Posted: 1/16/2013 8:12:33 PM
so do you have an agreement that he will text or call to confirm?

have you considered calling or texting him to confirm?

i hate to say this but my feeling is that you will use any reason you can to sabatoge this.

maybe you aren't ready to date yet.

and men will only do what you allow. but it is nice to let them know your dealbreakers so they don't trip up on them.

kaylee
 southmeetswest
Msg: 9 (view)

Younger VS. Older
Posted: 1/16/2013 7:38:42 PM
good grief dcinsc

okay, so you did get a little bashing. very common actually.

but, really read what people are saying

if you don't like texts, you should say so up front (especially if it signifies disrespect to you)

people have their own opinions and feelings about texting. some love it, some don't, some don't care either way.
i personallly wouldn't see the scenario you shared as direspectful. only after i told him i didn't want to text for dates and he continued texting, that would be disrespectful.

just trying to calm you down,
kaylee
 southmeetswest
Msg: 21 (view)

Initial spark or lack thereof?
Posted: 1/16/2013 6:45:27 PM
if he has settled over the years, the bad boy is still in there.
why don't you pull together something fun as you described down by the river and see if his other side shows up?

honestly, when i read the desciption you gave of your kind of bad boy, it sounded like trying to relive that time of your life. i bet you were considered the bad girl type back then just as you remember the bad boy type for then.

get your bad girl on, i'll bet he will follow.
 southmeetswest
Msg: 12 (view)

health problems ignored-causing marital problems
Posted: 1/8/2013 9:09:57 AM
tinkerbell

thank you for your post. i shared with her. you are so right about walking that mile. i think
this forum post is making her realize that she needs to let him be and do what he chooses.
are you aware of support groups for NHL?

i wish you the best with your own health
 southmeetswest
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 1/8/2013 7:40:28 AM
thank you all for your responses, i really appreciate it. i read them to my friend this morning, she was thankful for different perspectives. you know how it is when you are up close in a situation, it is hard to keep perspective.

he is age 60,actually quite active, not obviously ill to anyone who didn't know he has problems. she feels that he has time to change and benefit from the changes. but, is also becoming aware that she is wasting her efforts, that only he can decide.

i am encouraging her to focus on herself. to take care and do what she needs to do to live happily, whether that is within the marriage or outside the marriage.

he will probably outlive all of us. one of those guys who dodges bullets one right after the other!
 southmeetswest
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 1/7/2013 8:43:29 PM
thank you both for your replies. it is a frustrating situation, but i think you are right. it is up to him what he does regarding his health. i think it is likely that she will leave to keep from watching this train wreck. her mental and physical health is suffering because of all this.
 southmeetswest

Posted: 1/7/2013 8:16:41 PM
i had posted this question in relationships and decided that it might get more responses in over 45.

when in a marriage (long term) where the spouse (a male) has developed health problems, how does it feel when the spouse does not follow doctors orders or refuses to follow guidelines for regaining health or warding off a problem?

i have a dear friend, spouse has non hodgekins lymphoma, diagnosed 8 years ago. has a recurring problem with intestinal blockages, but continues to eat all the foods that he loves that aggravate his intestinal tract. apparently there is scar tissue that traps fibrous foods and responds negatively to acidic foods. about twice a year he ends up in the hospital to have the blockage treated.
he ignores the early symptoms and waits until the pain is severe to let her know and delays going to the hospital until it is a crisis.

this past weekend, he suffered a pulmonary aneurysm. she called 911 while he was screaming in the background to put the phone down he was not going to the hospital. it turns out that the symptoms of a blood clot in his legs were clearly present a few days before the clot dislodged and went to his lungs. he came home today on a blood thinner and was advised to not eat foods high in vit. k as they would futher thin his blood to dangerous levels in tandem with the coumadin. he came home, and immediately started cutting up the foods that he had been instructed not to eat.

my question is why? i cannot understand this type of behavior at all. what drives a person to do these things. she has told him how stressful it is for her to watch him sabotage his health and he accuses her of making it all about her.

anyone have any thoughts on this?
 southmeetswest

Curious about women's anti-dentures sentiments
Posted: 1/7/2013 7:36:31 PM
captain,

i don't have anything against false teeth people, but i will tell you that a few i have known have bad breath. there is a certain odor from dentures that are not kept clean; i know this from some relatives.

beyond that, i think that dentures can look really fake, and for some people it is a reminder of getting older
or some other reasons that i am not aware of.

kaylee
 southmeetswest
Msg: 2 (view)

Favor?? Profile Review
Posted: 1/2/2013 3:13:04 PM
i realize i may not have understanding of what 20ish men and women think is okay and looks good, but, you asked, so i will tell.
the only good pic of you is the one in the suit (wedding)?

all the others, with the wide open mouth, goofy faces, are just a waste of time. the action ones are okay but really don't show your face.

the profile text is okay though.
 southmeetswest
Msg: 23 (view)

profile rview mine please
Posted: 1/2/2013 3:07:05 PM
butterfly
i think your profile is fine. i do however, think the photo in the striped shirt is not. it is not the shirt so much as your positioning, you look uncomfortable or something. try a little pose that is flirty or not straight on like it is.
but, please remember in all the advise you are getting, what matters is you, who you are, not entirely how you look. i do think we all want to look our best, that is why i make the suggestion.
you are not obese! a little meat on your bones, most of us do !
good luck, i hope you take the suggestions in the positive as i intended

kaylee
 southmeetswest
Msg: 149 (view)

skirt length when over 50
Posted: 12/23/2012 8:46:05 PM
captain,
it is free, and can be found all over town. at shops, and all the places that have those outdoor things like newspapers are in.

i didn't realize you are in lexington! nice town.
 southmeetswest
Msg: 141 (view)

Posted: 12/22/2012 5:28:44 PM
oh i forgot to mention we have a publication here called "skirt" every issue features a local man wearing a skirt. really fun to watch for.
 southmeetswest
Msg: 139 (view)

Posted: 12/22/2012 5:02:34 PM
old thread, but
i wear what i like, what feels good. age has very little to do with the length of the skirt. people wear things other people think they shouldn't wear all the time. men in wife beaters, shorts from the 70's, overalls, and women do too. the lycra, the polyester leggings are oftened mentioned as inappropriate. but, i like to see people in things that i think look ridiculous, gives me something to laugh at. and i sometimes admire those who don't give a hoot about what any one else thinks.

aging doesn't mean we are dead and i personally think age doesn't figure into alot of decisions for alot of people.
long hair on more mature women, that is another hot topic full of opinions

kaylee
 southmeetswest
Msg: 22 (view)

Would You Do the “Till Death Do Us Part” Again?
Posted: 12/20/2012 10:19:49 PM
probably not, but never say never, if it happens, the right man, the right fit, who knows?

i met a couple at work tonight, he is 88, she is 84, they will celebrate their 66th wedding anniversary on dec 28th.

they were happy, healthy, having alot of fun in life. she just got back from a cruise with the girls! he and she love crusing together; have 8 under their belt.

i was impressed. they were delightful. probably the last of a dying breed. i wish i had longer to talk to them and ask them how they met, what their life has been like.

he did say he made a vow and would honor it. took it seriously.

kaylee
 southmeetswest
Msg: 21 (view)

Why do middle age women still feel the need to be all kissy, huggy and feeling in a relationship
Posted: 12/11/2012 6:32:41 PM
op

my first response was because we are human! still a good response, but doesn't say it all.

affectionate people usually remain affectionate. sexual people usually remain sexual. age has nothing to do with it.
yes, there are life circumstances that change people (disappointments, injuries, inabilities, etc.) but people will work to get around those things and continue to have contact, physical touch, words, expressions.

some people who have not been sexual in the past will awaken to their sexuality with the right person and life circumstance. and yes, we can just let it die if we choose, but most don't. or at least in my world most don't.

you sound a little off with the statements you have made. i wonder what makes you feel like that. what is your history with affection? why do you feel you or anyone should outgrow it?

oh, and jan, when women stop making eggs it doesn't stop them from enjoying touching and feeling. i know that for a fact!

kaylee
 southmeetswest

Higher expectations
Posted: 12/9/2012 9:28:06 PM
our society as a whole has changed to include all of the above.
women can support themselves
generally, we are more about self than ever before
social standards have changed so there is little to no stigma related to divorce
tolerance for anything we don't like is very low

marriage is still difficult, and communication is more important than ever. we no longer stay if we are unhappy.

that's about all i have.
 southmeetswest
Msg: 84 (view)

i just don't know what i think
Posted: 11/20/2012 10:18:07 PM
you didn't really specify a year, but said that he waited over a year to date after his breakup. so, it is near a year or maybe 18 mos?

i wish you the best op. lots of factors at play in this situation, some i am sure you have not mentioned, but antidepressants and a divorce are both strong factors influencing him and his behavior. hang on to who you are, it is, after all, the very thing that attracted him to you i would think. keep communication alive, and keep the fun alive in you and in the relationship. i think this will work out. but, as i said earlier, when your gut starts saying enough, listen to it.

kaylee
 southmeetswest
Msg: 75 (view)

i just don't know what i think
Posted: 11/18/2012 8:18:47 AM
he has impressed me by

"he did not deny that it is a problem or try to make me feel like my feelings were unwarranted"

sounds like you have a great guy there op!

kaylee
 southmeetswest
Msg: 70 (view)

i just don't know what i think - he seems pretty emotionless
Posted: 11/17/2012 6:57:38 PM
along with the zoloft, i think you should consider all the ramifications of having only been out of his marriage of 16 years for one year. it takes time to process that kind of upheaval in ones life. i am out 5 years almost 6 and it took much more than a year for me.

if you really see potential, hang in there for awhile. realize that it is probably not you in any way. unlike popular opinion, i think that alot of men cannot just turn it on under stress and he seems to have alot of it.

time is your friend. don't throw it all away just yet.
but, don't stay past the time your gut tells you to go either....

kaylee
 southmeetswest
Msg: 8 (view)

Can anyone help?
Posted: 11/15/2012 6:11:22 AM
i don't think pof would do anything to relay a message

and

i think you need to forget about all this.

you are assuming alot in your interpretation of why he disappeared

the truth is probably much more sinister than your assumptions

say a little prayer for him and let it go.........

kaylee
 southmeetswest
Msg: 14 (view)

Friends
Posted: 11/8/2012 11:46:00 PM
verygreeneyez
great, insightful post. being different or changing for whatever reasons. life goes on. and we must go on. there are new people, new experiences waiting.

life is change!
 southmeetswest
Msg: 14 (view)

'One' Dilemma
Posted: 11/8/2012 11:31:00 PM
op,
thanks for your response. wanted to ask those questions because those are emotions /behaviors that trip people up. alot of times they never realize that is how they feel or function.

you sound like an intelligent guy, obvously a thinking one!

but, in your crush scenario, you moved on and hopefully fell in love with whoever you were with when you found out your old crush was crushing on you?

i am thinking that you have never fallen in love cause when you do, you know, and you have no problems making a commitment with that person and thinking about who or what you may be missing if you commit to this one you love is no longer part of the equation in your mind. think so?

i think you can relate to technically and logically, you are a thinker. i can relate cause i have that problem also, but when love steps in.............

good luck though and thanks for not taking offense at my questions/comments.
kaylee
 southmeetswest

'One' Dilemma
Posted: 11/8/2012 9:07:48 PM
that made me dizzy! you think too much. if you are like that when in a relationship, well, i don't think women would find that attractive.

are you a control freak? are you doing all this thinking as an excuse to not really get into a relationship, a fear of some sort?

not meant to be offensive, just asking and you did ask for advice.

the only thing i can find in your writing that might be a clue is the part about
putting all your time, energy and faith into a relationship
that sounds clingy, and pretty overwhelming to the person who is receiving all your time, energy, and faith

kaylee
 southmeetswest

Can't understand
Posted: 10/26/2012 4:53:43 PM
wow,

your final questions
do i wait? wait for what, for him to call the police and report your harassment?

do i move on and leave him in the dirt?
this is the part that makes me wonder.........he doesn't want you, he has made that clear.
the part about leaving him in the dirt makes me think you are delusional. it is meant to sound like you are leaving someone who gives a crap and it appears he does not.

sounds like the fairy tale fantasy from you from the get go. he doesn't want to be the prince in the fairy tale and now you are mad at him. you should be mad at yourself for making up this fairy tale and refusing to let it go, then acting like he is the loser of the prize (you)

sorry, but i just see so wrong in this whole writing of yours,
kaylee
 southmeetswest
Msg: 22 (view)

How would you react to this one?
Posted: 10/26/2012 3:28:05 PM
just in case he reads this, in order for you to prove your point, i would like to say that you are obsessive to have spent anytime thinking about, soliciting responses, etc. all this old stuff.

i am sure the opinions could swing in his direction if he asked the questions from his perspective. but hopefully he will write this off as a lucky fail on dating. if he is as petty as you, maybe the two of you are perfect for one another.

the way you went about this makes me want to root for his team....
 southmeetswest
Msg: 33 (view)

My cousins wife is hot!
Posted: 10/1/2012 3:45:27 AM
great idea cowboy
NO
so simple
so complete
so perfect to avoid all the ifs, ands, buts
so definitive

who woulda thunk it
 southmeetswest
Msg: 36 (view)

What to do ?
Posted: 9/29/2012 5:32:22 PM
the reason women tend to run like you are the plague is that they don't want to get involved with a man who is technically still married, is still hurting like crazy, has alot of stuff to deal with if things progress to divorce, could easily change his mind and go back to the wife.

being honest, hard working, etc. has nothing to do with it. it is not you they are afraid or unwilling to date, it is your situation.

and the truth is that you don't know what you are doing at this time. and they know it even if you don't.

i would suggest looking for friends only on here. hang out in the forums, there is alot of experience and wisdom in here, get to know yourself, all alone. take care of yourself, and be more concerned about the the needs of your children.

join a support group for people going through a divorce.

it is not you, it is your situation,
and over time that will change
don't bypass the grieving, and work on yourself.

kudos for you being honest about your marital status though, alot of guys know this problem exists and just lie about it.
you sound like a prince of a man

kaylee
 southmeetswest
Msg: 13 (view)

Did I blow it?
Posted: 9/25/2012 12:39:33 AM
In your first line you say " we talked today and this is what she said"
Then you go on to say she texted and you texted........

Texting is not talking! Texting is writing! Talking is done in person.

Yes, you blew it. You were a clingy, constantly texting guy.

Try putting down the computerized phone and get to know someone face to face. Settle your problems and differences face to face.

jeez.......
 southmeetswest
Msg: 31 (view)

can pics of younger days give insight into the person of today?
Posted: 8/19/2012 5:50:48 PM
jham and a few others,
thanks for getting it. you actually gave me some insight into what i was feeling about this picture thing. as i mentioned in my post, i think that often times when we say we feel a much younger age, it is because we are still at the core, before life and survival took us in, the same in many ways. there was a freedom, a joy, untainted to life. we still knew how to play and have fun and enjoy just being.....
it is not all about not recognizing our aging bodies, or trying to live the glory days, sometimes it is just remembering and attempting to show who we are are the core still today.

i feel a little lucky to have had that understanding come to me.....

i wish that more posters could hesitate before they respond, work through the judgements they feel ready to spill out, and actually think about what is said or asked on these forums.

i do agree with some that talked of a poster not having current photos, that is a little bit off putting. but in this particular case i mentioned he did have 3 or 4 current photos and only one younger one.

kaylee
 southmeetswest
Msg: 57 (view)

Prepaid singles trip and a brand new relationship two months before.
Posted: 8/11/2012 7:49:36 PM
2 months is not a relationship
she could not go and he could be gone 2 days later

i would not alter my plans. just because he or anyone else imagines all the things that could take place on a singles cruise does not mean that they will happen. maybe the girl has some standards?

go on the trip. let the chips fall where they may.
 southmeetswest

fact or fiction?
Posted: 8/6/2012 6:04:17 PM
the synovial fluid that lubricates the joint contains gases and when you shift the joint in cracking it releases some of the gases in that fluid. according to most docs, it is not harmful.
but

if it causes you pain you should stop however. over time, with repeated forced cracking, it can lead to soft tissue damage and affect your grip.

kaylee
 southmeetswest
Msg: 4 (view)

what does this mean???
Posted: 8/5/2012 9:45:00 PM
that would be cool if it was a warning....don't you think?

then maybe a list of offenses or reasons he got on the warning list

kaylee
 southmeetswest

Prepaid singles trip and a brand new relationship two months before.
Posted: 8/2/2012 9:33:40 PM
of course you shouldn't, unless you want to.

have fun in bali!
 southmeetswest
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 7/30/2012 7:38:09 PM
stray
i am not interested in him, but more interested in the whole dynamic of how we view, reject, assess profiles online.

kaylee
 southmeetswest
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 7/30/2012 7:05:38 PM
lilli, i agree on posting current pics, and in fact he had several current pics and only one older pic.

i do agree, tall, that personality is somewhat a constant, or at least components of it.

stray, i sometimes think the same thing. but this guy had photos that looked like he was living a life that he might be enjoying .

oh well, this was just my own kinda revelation........

kaylee
 southmeetswest

Posted: 7/30/2012 6:28:16 PM
I was looking at profiles and of course saw many men with older photos (their younger days).

Alot of times I read complaints about men and women posting old pics and it seems not to be well received. One guy had 3 older photos (probably current by the looks and listed age) and he posted one younger photo (maybe 30's).

The thing is that for the first time I had a positive feeling about seeing his younger photo along with his more current photos. It seemed that it gave me a glimpse into who he was and is. The reasoning behind that is that we often hear others and ourselves saying "we still feel like we are in our 30's, 40's" or whatever age we reference. And somehow seeing his younger photo I could see who he was/is clearer than I could in the older photo.

Do we let the age on the face eclipse the personality/person within?

This may sound silly, but for some reason it really struck me.........

Kaylee
 southmeetswest
Msg: 13 (view)

speaking with a lovely man from england
Posted: 7/28/2012 8:26:35 PM
returning to someone else rather than on your own sounds like a fear thing to me. move back for you, not for someone else, or because of someone else. if this guy turns out not what you expect or want then you will feel like you made a mistake moving back. when the mistake is moving back for the wrong reasons or expecting something from someone you don't even know to make it easier to go back.

kaylee
 southmeetswest

Near our breaking point.
Posted: 7/26/2012 9:06:14 PM
wow, what a well written and loving post from the two of you.

steve; one clue maybe that i saw on your profile. the repeats of i hate repetition
is that your fear in marriage?
are you afraid to lose control of your life?

ideally, imo, you will be ready or readier for marriage closer to age 30. she has a biological clock ticking (assuming she is near age 25, so she is more ready than you.

perhaps if you two hold out for a little longer, you can meet in the middle in about 2.5 years. compromise.

lady: if your biological clock is driving you to want marriage. put that on hold a little. having children in your 30's is very common and safe. work on establishing a financial base so that you can take care of children.

you sound mature and totally in love with one another. my advise, don't throw it away.

what's the hurry anyway? why do people want to mess up a wonderful thing and think that boundaries or goals or social expectation has more value than true love? you both have some growing to do, let it happen.

kaylee

Show ALL Forums