Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Friday June 24 : Singles Dance Party Sky Nightclub Ft Lauderdale, 7:00 PM
 smiles0527
Msg: 6 (view)

Friday June 24 : Singles Dance Party Sky Nightclub Ft Lauderdale, 7:00 PM
Posted: 6/24/2011 2:59:58 PM
I hope that I don't offend anyone but what is the average age of the people attending this event/location? I have attended two other events and was wayyyyy younger then most who were present.
 smiles0527
Msg: 343 (view)

Why do women date mutiple guys at once?
Posted: 2/15/2009 10:04:10 AM
I don't think its a gender issue. I have been guilty of wanting to date multiple men at times. It has been fun and was great when I had limited time and was focused on my children mostly. It also gave me a new chance to see what was appealing to me at this stage of my life. Now I am ready to spend my time with one man and hope to have found him! Or to find him when the time is right. Bottom line, we allow people in our lives that are either good or bad for us....its our energy and choice!!!! Be true to yourself as well as honest (ladies and men). I also believe that we should be honest with those we speak to, meet and spend time with (as I always have and will be).
 smiles0527
Msg: 23 (view)

Should I Be Upset (Thoughtless about Valentine's Day)?
Posted: 2/14/2009 9:22:36 PM
I can understand being disappointed but like others have stated, its only a few weeks, I believe kids will always come first (and as a single mother....a man needs to understand this) and this may be difficult to grasp, high expectations lead to a high level of disappointments.....beware....is anyone gonna live up to your expectations? Spend some time doing things that you enjoy and have self pleasure....it is a very attractive quality to a man and hope to YOU also!!
 smiles0527
Msg: 4 (view)

A toast to all you wonderful, single, available men...
Posted: 2/11/2009 5:59:53 PM
I am right with you.....tired of all the men that I am physically attracted to, have fun with but are not emotionally available. I too decided to put out some different energy and to NOT tolerate the bs any more!! Have attracted some seemingly nice, serious men since.
 smiles0527
Msg: 319 (view)

Why do women date mutiple guys at once?
Posted: 1/11/2009 10:28:40 PM
As many of you have stated....we can. It is a great time to be a woman who can support herself (and family). Helps a man know that you don't "need" him but rather want him or a "man" in yor life. I have recently been called "a serial dater." lol....I dat e a few men but do not sleep with them all nor do I mislead them. Am always honest and prefer a man be the same. How can we know if we really want something more with one person in a sate? I don't need a free meal, what I need and want is an honest, confident man who is emotionally and physically available. Not an easy task to find. Until I meet one worthy of me committing my time and energy, I will continue to date numerous men.
 smiles0527
Msg: 24 (view)

How can a younger guy, pick up an older women.
Posted: 1/11/2009 8:07:08 PM
I agree with most of what others have stated but if you are looking for a sexual experience only....be honest and you may just get what you are looking for.....so much better to just "put it out there".............no games required or desired with us "older women." Good luck.
 smiles0527
Msg: 2 (view)

Calling On All Dade, Broward & Palm Beach Fishes Oct 22
Posted: 10/14/2008 5:07:37 AM
Would love to attend but the week nights are too tough! Have fun!
 SMILES0527

October 18, 2008 Party in Coral Springs at The Inner Circle
Posted: 9/13/2008 10:13:45 AM
I had a nice time meeting some new people last time. Look forward to it!
 SMILES0527
Msg: 31 (view)

Coral Springs, FL - Saturday, August 23 ~~~ The Inner Circle Sports Club Event ~~~
Posted: 8/23/2008 4:31:40 PM
Thanks for letting me know , guess I was wondering if the women go alone. Some how its still different for us.
 SMILES0527
Msg: 30 (view)

Coral Springs, FL - Saturday, August 23 ~~~ The Inner Circle Sports Club Event ~~~
Posted: 8/23/2008 3:16:32 PM
Does anyone go to these alone? My friend backed out on me and I have never gone to a bar alone...................HELP
 SMILES0527
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 8/3/2008 8:29:41 PM
This is also close to me and can be difficult to find for those who don't know the area! May want to mention that it's behind Kinkos and Verizon !!
 SMILES0527
Msg: 16 (view)

did i do the right thing?
Posted: 7/27/2008 6:59:01 PM
I think that it depends on age and maturity! Can't answer in a blanket statement but all situations are different.
 SMILES0527
Msg: 34 (view)

Dirty talk......
Posted: 7/27/2008 6:45:49 PM
No issue here but also like the experience of making love.........nice to be able to have both!!!!
 SMILES0527
Msg: 111 (view)

Did Sex and the City ruin dating?
Posted: 6/2/2008 5:07:02 PM
I can not believe that this is actually a thread. What is even more difficult to believe is that I sat here and read it!!(avoiding doing paperwork) Anyway, I will admit that when the show first came out, I wasa little taken back by the frank discussions and language...that was many years ago! When I allowed myself to get over all of that and became a "more mature and open" person, I enjoyed the relationships and friendships that all the women had/have. The show is really about friendship and self awareness and acceptance. Isn't that what we are supposed to do as we mature and learn about ourselves? Don't want to get off the subject but do want to point out that the fact that these woman (and many of us) are able to take care of ourselves and don't Need a man in our live, rather we want one ! In todays society where woman can and do take care of themselves.........it leaves men confused as to the role that they play in a relationship and society. This is not to bash men at all, its just that it changes so many things! Maybe we can put an intellectual twist on this thread yet..........
 SMILES0527
Msg: 117 (view)

Is This Considered Cheating ???
Posted: 5/19/2008 6:17:14 PM
How can you say that this was NOT PHYSICAL with the two in question? I think that I read that they were touching themselves.......that is physical! Physical or not........there r emotions invovled and they are cheating (emotionally and sexually). Last time I checked, assuming two are in a monogomous relationship (not open), that means no sexual relations outside of the relationship. It also means NOT giving in to any temptations of others. Phone sex, cyber sex, any sex outside of the relationship is cheating!!!!
 SMILES0527

Questions For All Moms!
Posted: 5/11/2008 9:53:53 PM
Another tip for teething.......take a washcloth , or few, wet them.........then put in a freezer bag and freeze. When her mouth is bothering her, gi ve her a frozen washcloth . If she can sit in the tub, give an ice pop. Take out the camera and watch the funny faces as you also teach her about cold!!! If her ears are blocked, the doctor will usually watch that closely. Having all the symptoms of teething, if more severe, and constant crying , get checked. You can also freeze watermelon and supervise her sucking all the juices as it melts. I also used the frozen bagels.
 SMILES0527
Msg: 15 (view)

drinking
Posted: 5/11/2008 6:56:48 PM
Shall we recap:

1. you are only 19 and have been drinking for 7 yrs
2. you are asking others if they think you have a problem
3. you justify your drinking by saying "you are having fun" news flash......fun isn't a daily event
4. some are telling you or giving you different measures of how to tell if you have a problem........like how often, how much, what you are drinking
5. you have a genetic predisposition to alcoholism (look at your brother) like other illnesses, addiction is genetic
6. there is NO level of alcoholism......like functional or not........addiction is mental, social, physiological and even if you play "the game" of how much and when, if your mind or thoughts are consumed with "when and what" then YOU ARE
7. if you do something 1 or 2 times....its trying /experimenting
3 or more using it
lots.......addiction
It is sad to know that you don't think that you can be in the same situation as your brother........I bet he thought the same thing.......as do all addicts. Please get some help so you can have a BETTER life. I so thank you for protecting our freedom but want you to learn how to be free from the life that will be ahead...............
 SMILES0527
Msg: 7 (view)

ladies who are `happily divorced`
Posted: 4/28/2008 10:08:14 PM
Truth is, going thru a divorce is never easy, even if the relationship was not so good. With that said, it is very nice to cook when you want to, not have to live with constant disappointment (which many of us did) and know what to expect in your day to day life. I am happy to be happy with ME! I am also open to being "happy" with someone else in my life.
 smiles0527
Msg: 2 (view)

Introduction
Posted: 4/28/2008 12:35:47 AM
Its never too late to get into a job training program. Check out your local vocational school, there are "adult programs" for people who desire to learn a skill/trade. These programs are NOT costly and usually have no cost attached.........the gov't still puts money into these job training programs. Good luck.
 smiles0527
Msg: 9 (view)

Public play?
Posted: 4/28/2008 12:29:28 AM
Just because we are adults, doesn't mean we can't play too!!!
 smiles0527
Msg: 422 (view)

Would you seriously date a woman or a man if they told you that they did not give oral sex
Posted: 4/28/2008 12:16:56 AM
Couldn't sleep, started reading the forums and this one cracked me up!!!! As for me, I love for a man to pleasure me and this is one of the best ways....if he takes his time, has good technique and doesn't think that "quicker is always better." I too like to make sure my man is satisfied........in all ways. GUESS my answer has to be no!!! Like it all. Can't believe how shallow that sounds but ....we like what we like!!!
 smiles0527
Msg: 9 (view)

will he want me???im bigger than him in size.
Posted: 4/6/2008 10:58:14 PM
When I was younger, I used to worry about the same thing (and we are the same age). Now I have come to realize that I AM SEXY and wanted . I have never had a man complain about my size and curves! You must remember two things: if he wanted someone else, he'd go elsewhere and 2. You are as sexy as you feel and it will show in your actions! Let him see how sexy you can be!!! Have fun!!!
 smiles0527
Msg: 193 (view)

Is it just me or do women just start getting good after 30
Posted: 4/6/2008 8:29:10 PM
SOOO NOT TRUE!!!! I had my first child at almost 35 and the second two years later...that would be at almost 37.........they are intelligent, healthy, beautiful children (see for yourself in my profile). At 25 I would not have had the patience to put my children first. In my 30's it was no issue. I had traveled the world, finished my formal education and have no issue putting their needs first. I will admit that at 25 I didn't get as tired after staying up all night. Women now have a choice as to how and when they want to have children and times are very different then they were 30 years ago.
 smiles0527
Msg: 54 (view)

sex on the first date
Posted: 4/6/2008 8:23:35 PM
Liked your breakdown of the events! Sounds like you've had some fun but not the "right" woman for long term. Did you think differently of the women after the "encounters" honesty please.............
 smiles0527
Msg: 53 (view)

sex on the first date
Posted: 4/5/2008 10:01:37 PM
lady bugg, what I meant was that if you have sex with someone right away and then build a relationship with that person, the new and exciting (assuming it is) sex will cloud everything else and can cause someone to stay in a relationship longer than they otherwise would due to the sex. Hope that makes more sense to you. Thanks for askind for some clarity.
 smiles0527
Msg: 75 (view)

A Kissing Primer - for guys or those who need it
Posted: 4/5/2008 5:42:41 PM
What a perfect description of a great kiss!!!!!
 smiles0527
Msg: 33 (view)

How would you handle this?
Posted: 4/4/2008 10:55:38 PM
As most are saying , "You did the right thing." This isn't about hurting anyone, t his is about taking care of yourself, listening to your gut and setting limits. Good for you!!!!
 smiles0527
Msg: 52 (view)

sex on the first date
Posted: 4/4/2008 10:43:41 PM
I have had sex on a first date but it has been with someone that I have already established a relationship with for some time through weeks of speaking on the phone and/or computer "chats". Must admit that a connection and chemistry was there for both of us. If I met a man that I REALLY want to pursuit a relationship with (for the future) I think it would be best to not let sex get in the way. Therefore, I would try to hold out for a longer period. Thank goodness that I live in a time that woman can make whatever decisions they want! Its also great to be in my 40's and not care what others think so much!
 smiles0527
Msg: 45 (view)

why do so many divorced dads want to be part time dads?
Posted: 1/21/2008 7:01:24 PM
NewMetroMan, I think I love you!! Your life is exactly the same as mine......and many other single parents. I love that you aren't "babysitting" your kids and know that they MUST come first!!! So refreshing. I meet so many men who say, 'my children are my life." In the same breath I learn that they hate paying 'her' support, moved 2 states away to "start a new life" and consider themselves to be a great dad........NOT.
 smiles0527
Msg: 11 (view)

Why do men say that they are interested when they don't act like it?
Posted: 1/21/2008 5:13:35 PM
Crayon, yes I too have had that happen.....go figure. I think that it has to do with energy. Wh en we are happy and put off good energy, we attract others. Exotic, you are sooooo right!!!
 smiles0527
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 1/21/2008 1:26:27 PM
Thanks Biddo for the nice words. FYI, to all of you have responded to my thread. I have heard from the "most recent" man a few times and he is always saying things like,"we have to get together, I really like you." I do reply with comments like, "I would like that. This is when I am available, let me know when you are ." I have let him know that I am interested and he FLIRTS and FLIRTS!!!! We recently met at a POF function and chatted in person for 3 hours!!!! He walked me out, blew off other woman that were interested (as many were) and we even spoke that night afterwards, as well as a few other times. He is sending mixed signals. I sent him a message and let him know that I won't continue to contact him but would enjoy getting together when he is able and invited him to call when/if he desires. He did contact me and again made no plans!!!!!! MEN!!!!!
 smiles0527
Msg: 17 (view)

Doo-Wop party in Boynton Beach Jan 26th
Posted: 1/21/2008 1:13:41 PM
Hi there, if anyone from the Margate/Coral Springs area would like to travel together.....drop me a line at socialbadg@aol.com. My name is Marsha.
 smiles0527
Msg: 633 (view)

would you date a stripper?
Posted: 1/20/2008 2:07:07 PM
Why would you even think this..........."if you want head games and no trust factor. Date a social worker." Not sure where this is coming from, bad past experience? Help me to understand.
 smiles0527
Msg: 5 (view)

Women in there 40's and affairs
Posted: 1/18/2008 7:28:54 PM
I too agree, it isn't fair to take your painful situation and lump all of us together!!! I am a 42 yr old woman who has never and would never have an affair. As a single mother of two young children (since they were 2 months and 2 years old), family and children ARE NOT to be put in the same sentence as spouse/partner! Thank you for serving our country, we need you and you were away doing your job, but do not put all of us in the same "40" year olds cheat!
 smiles0527
Msg: 11 (view)

will he dump me?
Posted: 1/18/2008 7:01:01 PM
It is clear that we all seem to agree that he isn't in an emotional place to "be available " to anyone........maybe it would be helpful for you to look at what you are getting out of being his "sounding board." One of the questions I ask someone is "how long have you been divorced?" If it is a short period of time, beware................do what is good for you and not to put so much energy into what is good for him.
 smiles0527

Posted: 1/18/2008 6:48:59 PM
Very frustating........a man and I communicate various ways and meet......all goes well and HE says, I am really interested in you and want to see you......then calls or not and makes NO plans. By the way, I have no issue making it clear that I too am interested!! No guessing games...........
 smiles0527
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 1/18/2008 6:02:21 PM
Men, help a girl out! I have met many men who verbally express interest (after meeting), call, flirt, send emails but don't seem to make any plans to get together. Let's assume that they are "really" single. Is it just that they aren't emotionally available?
 smiles0527
Msg: 87 (view)

What Do You Think Of Guys Who Dye Their Hair?
Posted: 5/11/2007 6:34:56 PM
I don't mind gray....it is much better than a man dying his hair....enjoy your age and growth.
 smiles0527
Msg: 164 (view)

Is it just me or do women just start getting good after 30
Posted: 5/10/2007 8:32:44 PM
Happy to see that many of the men seem to be aware that we really do get better with age! I will be 42 this month and feel that I have earned the right to know what I want, how I want it and am willing to work at getting it....the trick is keeping it!!! Happy hunting , and looking forward to more years of experience and growth!

Show ALL Forums