Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: She is there.
 jrj73
Msg: 1 (view)

She is there.
Posted: 9/4/2009 7:11:55 PM
As I type this, there is a man and a woman searching for eachother. Perfect for eachother and not knowing it... loving someone they've never met. Our minds unite us. Never forget that.
Chances are that you've already met your soul-mate.... say hi. :)
 jrj73

I Love Love
Posted: 12/31/2006 3:01:13 AM
It makes me feel... warm. It makes me feel like I matter. We travel this world searching for what is usually right in front of us the entire time. W are lucky if we find it, and often we are lucky when we don't.

I love love. That will never change.
 jrj73
Msg: 3 (view)

Just Sayin'
Posted: 11/23/2006 8:15:29 AM
Just read your reply - Fredericton IS a small city... closer to a town in many respects. You are welcome to come visit.
 jrj73

Just Sayin'
Posted: 11/11/2006 2:48:14 PM
Why do I love my city? I love her, because she is quiet and full of mystery. I love her because of her deep history. When I leave her as many do, I come always come back with open arms as many should. She is that beautiful.
How do you describe a city that is the same as when you were born. One that has survived years of change all around her, but she has been able to keep her most inner beauty. Her history is what made her and is what holds her close to any heart that ventures near her.
The only city where a complete stranger would invite you in off the street for a drink, and make sure you had a warm and safe place to lay your head. Every second person on any street will say hi to you and be quick with a smile. Sometimes it's not a cheerful smile, but one which is held back for an occassion which just may need it.
This is Fredericton. A smile.... a friendly face.... a kind gesture.... yup. That's why I love my city.

Just sayin'.
 jrj73

In My Past
Posted: 10/5/2006 6:22:00 PM
In My Past there was a place.
Where once I went to hide.
Consisting of no word or face,
Great peace it did provide.
Once in awhile I'd sit with nature, and it's tranquility.
Where soft winds that drift would add a whisper sounding just beside me.

Once in awhile 2 birds would sail - not so far away.
Reminding me of a dear old friend and how we used to play.
In the distance was a pond, a simple shape of blue.
A vast horizon lie just beyond - a start of something new.

Now all I do is seldom dream of my secret perfect place...
where once I went to feel the breeze of freedom on my face.
 jrj73

I loved a woman once....
Posted: 10/5/2006 6:00:34 PM
The first time I saw her face she made me smile. That first time was such a beautiful moment. Her face was so bright and so fresh: A flower-like face. Subtle, with meaning.
Her mouth came close to mine for the first time. The feeling was not something I was expecting that day. My face felt very very warm, and my eyes felt very heavy as I kissed her. I couldn't help but smile again as our eyes briefly met. We blushed. I looked at my feet as if they would suddenly float off from me. Fortunately, they stayed close as I needed them to walk away.

There she goes.... years later. Yes, there she goes.

I loved a woman once. It felt like a lifetime, but it simply was not.
 jimmm73
Msg: 94 (view)

3rd Official Fredericton POF Party @ The Northstar Sports Bar – September 23rd
Posted: 8/31/2006 8:08:35 PM
These parties look a bit boring... it's like going to a club... nothing more.
Someone tell me what the attraction is please?? Thanx.

And why on earth have a party at scuzzy Ol' North Star Strip Bar? lol
 jimmm73
Msg: 2197 (view)

Anything Goes... Therapting
Posted: 8/9/2006 3:58:37 PM
Hi all - just thought I'd share my first poem - I wrote it 16 - years ago.....

In Jemseg, Canada

In my past there was a place where once I went to hide.
Consisting of no word or face - great peace it did provide.
At this place I'd sit with nature and it's tranquility... where soft winds that drift would add a whisper sounding just beside me.
In the distance was a pond. A simple shape of blue.
Where a vast horizon lies just beyond... a start of something new.
Once in awhile two birds would sail, not so far away.
Reminding me of an old friend, so proud as they would play.
Now all I do is seldom dream of my secret perfect place.
Where once I went to feel the breeze of freedom on my face.

By:
me

Jimmm73
Msg: 5 (view)

Psychos Girls
Posted: 7/15/2006 3:05:55 PM
I can't stand it. They are just game players - those women. They need to understand that true love invloves many factors. Looks and honesty are just 2 factors but are important to most. :)
 Jimmm73
Msg: 108 (view)

where are all the real women?
Posted: 7/15/2006 11:16:18 AM
Thanks for that sincere apology. Next time learn who the person is before you assume the worst. I'm glad we now know the truth.

enjoy POF.
Cheers.
 Jimmm73
Msg: 4 (view)

Psychos Girls
Posted: 7/15/2006 11:09:03 AM
I never met a psycho woman online. Knew a few growing up though. lol
I did meet one girl that was... well different to put it mildly. SHe had more than one personality I think. I won't go into details, but OMG.
 Jimmm73
Msg: 140 (view)

If she has the condoms is that a good thing?
Posted: 7/15/2006 10:31:48 AM
Hi. Women who carry condoms or diaphrams etc. are making themselves look like they never know when they're going to have sex next so they are always prepared. It definitly shows that she's very sexually active... but at least she's smart about it. :)
 Jimmm73
Msg: 22 (view)

Age limitations: How do you decide???
Posted: 7/11/2006 11:19:27 AM
hi. i don't see any problems with age. It's what's inside of people that counts.
 Jimmm73
Msg: 101 (view)

Posted: 7/11/2006 10:01:07 AM
stop lying - I haven't bothered anyone - was with 1 girl for 7 years and we broke up recently but are great friends.. You need some help.
 Jimmm73
Msg: 16 (view)

Kissing a woman's hand
Posted: 7/10/2006 3:48:35 PM
Romantic for sure, but it's a little out of date I think. I would feel silly doing that unless I was acting in a play. I would hope that the woman would think it was a little - just a little... corny. After all, kissing a woman's cheek is not intrusive and should be a huge compliment.
 Jimmm73
Msg: 31 (view)

Agressive females (when she makes the first move)
Posted: 7/10/2006 3:43:29 PM
Hi. Years and years of Women turning down men have caused many to lose confidence. More and more women are making the first move these days because it's needed!
If you see something you like - reach out and grab it - because it may just fly away.
I for one try to be a gentleman, and I very very rarely will make the first move - simply out of respect - and for the fact that her brothers make kick my ass. lol

Cheers.
 Jimmm73
Msg: 97 (view)

Posted: 7/10/2006 3:39:45 PM
Very good question. Usually I would have an answer.
 Jimmm73
Msg: 24 (view)

how to be friends with an x
Posted: 7/10/2006 3:37:37 PM
I feel for ya. I believe he is not your friend, but he is keeping you around for whatever benefits that might be there... friendship doesn't seem to be it. You should let him go - let him move on before continuing with the friendship. You don't need to feel that he was the ONLY one you felt safe with. There are many great people that are honest and also fun to be with. Be patient - and don't be afraid to try something different.
He could be a great friend, and you will know once he moves on for awhile.
 Jimmm73
Msg: 28 (view)

Want an honest review?
Posted: 7/10/2006 3:25:22 PM
That's very nice of you Shauna to offer your help. I think people who need help writing a simple profile should just relax - have a beer - just say what you like and what you are about. Even what you do on a regular basis doesn't hurt. Don't be too personal, and for God's sake - don't lie. There's someone here for everyone... with a little patience.

Cheers.
Jim
 Jimmm73
Msg: 329 (view)

Morning SEX..... LOVE IT or HATE IT!!!
Posted: 7/10/2006 9:47:22 AM
We all are "frisky" in the morning. People think it's because our body has had time to relax and refresh itself. That's only part of good sex. Your mind is refreshed and very alert. There is better bloodflow in our bodies after rest. It's the equilavent of having foreplay without really having it so when you wake up - you are usually very ready. Therefore it's much easier to become aroused at the time you are first awake - for women and men. We crave sex in mornings cause this "sense of foreplay" has already occurred.
Anyway, of course morning sex is great.

Cheers.
 Jimmm73
Msg: 15 (view)

HELP! What would you do.
Posted: 7/10/2006 9:40:08 AM
Um... don't do that. You'll scare her off for sure. Unless you and her have mentioned marriage, you should never just propose. Move back in with her again maybe - You'll see how serious she really is.
It also sounds to me like she's keeping you on a leash. Keeping you around for a reason that you may not be aware of. Be smart about it. Move on.
 Jimmm73
Msg: 747 (view)

Has anyone been brave enough to meet someone with no pic at all?
Posted: 7/9/2006 6:05:25 AM
I haven't but I would as long as I had an idea of what she looked like. Looks aren't everything, and you'd find out fast when you met them if there was an attraction. People just don't like to waste time these days so they often require a pic before they'll even chat with you. lol Funny people.
Problem is that when people don't show a pic - you might already know them from somewhere. THAT could be difficult, and that's why we love photos.

Cheers.
 Jimmm73
Msg: 85 (view)

What do u think about Coffee dates ?
Posted: 7/9/2006 5:59:20 AM
hmm.... haven't had one, but since I don't drink coffee - it sounds funny to me. I thought we were all on POF to "break the ice". Maybe people are just meeting too fast without chatting here first to really get to know eachother. I also think a phone call can make the entire difference before meeting someone for a "date". When people type, they have time to think - in person, they do not. Therefore they can appear quite different in person. I type like I talk so I rarely have that problem. lol

Cheers.
 Jimmm73
Msg: 23 (view)

Why do guys do this??
Posted: 7/9/2006 5:33:26 AM
hmmm... could be a few things. Without knowing to much about the situation, I would imagine that he either got cold feet and had no courtesy to let you know, or he found someone else. Make sure he hasn't had an emergency though. If it's as straight forward as you say, then it is odd that he wouldn't call.
 Jimmm73
Msg: 25 (view)

What is sexy to YOU when meeting a woman for the first time?
Posted: 7/9/2006 5:28:55 AM
For a first day - sexy isn't really neccessary. I think subtle is very sexy. Woman can act sexy without wearing something revealing ya know. Soft white blouses are often sexy I find. Anyway, what I don't like is when someone says they are average weight, then they show up for a date, and they are obviously a few extra pounds and the picture they showed you was not a recent one. Honesty is very sexy on a first date.
 Jimmm73
Msg: 132 (view)

women unlocking doors
Posted: 7/6/2006 6:25:00 PM
I'm trying to understand why there are so many reponses to this one. lol
 Jimmm73
Msg: 36 (view)

Why am i contantly meeting Mr wrong?
Posted: 7/6/2006 6:22:50 PM
Please have patience - I haven't been here long, but I recenty found someone simply through email and chatting. She seems so wonderful, and the last thing I would want to do is ruin that feeling by bringing up the sex issue. If a man only wants sex from you - just move on, and smile knowing that you know the difference and made your own choice. Stay positive.
 Jimmm73
Msg: 31 (view)

why do men enter us women into competetion with other women without even telling us we're in it????
Posted: 7/4/2006 5:31:12 AM
Exactly. He's not into you enough. However, women do this to men a lot. We never know what the problem is until it's too late. We can't be expected to know what eachother is thinking all of the time.
 Jimmm73
Msg: 58 (view)

Does having sex when you meet for the first time ruin a chance for a real relationship?
Posted: 7/3/2006 1:52:44 PM
Most certainly.
 Jimmm73

Do u expect to have sex on a first date or as a first date??
Posted: 7/3/2006 1:50:06 PM
I never expect it. But if the girl gives it to me the first date? Well, then she probably just wanted to use me for a 1 night stand, and I wouldn't expect to hear from her again. Sad but true. I never have intercourse unless I feel something for the person.
 Jimmm73
Msg: 28 (view)

Should I give up?
Posted: 7/1/2006 10:56:54 PM
LOL Hair doesn't matter. What a thing to say. Short hair doesn't make a woman look like a man - looking like a man is what does that. lol
KitchenerWoman seems very sweet and real to me. I think it's just her preferences are set a little high. Like some have said - just relax and meet some friends. Other things will eventually come along.
If you are hiding something from your profile others should probably know - maybe add it.

Jimmm73
Msg: 17 (view)

How to talk to a random girl?
Posted: 7/1/2006 10:49:44 PM
internalize? lol
 Jimmm73

How to talk to a random girl?
Posted: 7/1/2006 10:48:55 PM
Start with something very simple and non-intrusive. That way you'll get at least a feel for the person. Make sure you look for a ring. For example. If you think a woman is sweet in a grocery store... perhaps just offer to carry her groceries for her. If you look like a jerk by the way - you are one to her. Make sure someone else hears you making this gesture. They will know you are sincere. You aren't an ugly guy, and you seem smart enough. Statistically, first glance attractions often lead to marriage by the way. Just be yourself, and compliments are neccessary to impress a woman - just be sure the compliments are true.

Good luck.
 Jimmm73
Msg: 27 (view)

Should I give up?
Posted: 7/1/2006 10:43:00 PM
Sure no problem - you are too picky. Honestly, I don't why you haven't figured this out yet. You seem very real and you a pretty girl. Someone should be talking to you by now.

Cheers
Jim
 Jimmm73
Msg: 121 (view)

Ladies: your take on short guys?
Posted: 7/1/2006 8:38:49 PM
Didn't even have to read to be able to answer this one. lol I am very short. I am good looking, intelligent, and have a lot of energy. I have found that women like a man that looks good with them in public. Hence, a tall dark and handsome man. Another problem is that a lot of women still believe that height and shoe size(lol) is directly associated with their endowement. lol Not all women, but certainly a lot of them that I have met. It's funny when they are surprised though isn't it.
I can understand people's preferences, but it does seem that many women ONLY like tall guys. What a shame.

C ya
 Jimmm73
Msg: 39 (view)

Question for the guys about first dates....
Posted: 7/1/2006 8:34:07 PM
Opinions from others IS good advice. I don't try to sound like I know it all - only been a few forums. However, I see that a lot of people needing to see what others views are. Relax - let people talk.
 Jimmm73
Msg: 38 (view)

Question for the guys about first dates....
Posted: 7/1/2006 8:31:28 PM
Simple one - you don't sound desparate, and you certainly don't sound encouraging. It's a line we have heard for years in the movies and on TV. Like women, men like to hear specifically WHAT was nice about that evening for one.
Now, you sound like a very sweet woman who perhaps had a date with a man who wasn't looking for what you were.

I wuld have been very appreciative, and emailing the night after a date I imagine must be flattering to most. It says you were thinking enough of that person that you wanted to let them know. That's sweet.

If he doesn't take you out again, he's missing out.

Sincerely,
Jim
 Jimmm73
Msg: 48 (view)

hot girls - would you date them?
Posted: 6/30/2006 6:31:48 PM
I would only date another hot woman AFTER I learned what she was truly about. Guys hit on hot women a lot so it's easy for women to believe they found someone better or always can compared to who they are presently with. Like someone said once - people really are getting together for the wrong reasons. They are staying together for reasons that may be even worse.

Cheers all.
 Jimmm73
Msg: 71 (view)

Why don't you age?
Posted: 6/30/2006 5:34:25 PM
Ever wonder what makes an older man look 10 years younger? lol Positive thinking my friend... both sexes. Think young at heart. Be young at heart. Don't forget that childhood personality that made you what you are today. Smile more than frown. Make people smile. These are tricks to looking and feeling young. Oh yeah - and eat well. lol
 Jimmm73
Msg: 23 (view)

What makes guys jealous?
Posted: 6/30/2006 5:20:01 PM
Well, one problem is the fact that many women use their sexuality a lot of the time, but they aren't aware of it. It's natural for them to be sexy and flirtatious. They always get more attention that way. Problem is that men don't miss that. We are very visual. When a woman smiles at us, we often mistake that for a subtle attraction. So when this supposed subtle attraction is given to another male - we get jealous even thought the woman might not understand it. Men want women to desire us so badly!!. When they desire someone else - it makes us feel like we just aren't good enough etc. That's why so many men are insecure.
This goes back centuries. It's the way men and women are made up. We aren't made to join together like a perfect puzzle. We were made to learn from eachother I believe... which obviously is not easy.
We, as people, need to stop being fake. We all have secrets, but that's not what I mean. We have to be honest with ourselves about what makes us happy in a relationship.

Sorry to ramble.
 Jimmm73
Msg: 32 (view)

How can you tell if he likes you
Posted: 6/29/2006 6:52:19 PM
Simple answer - he will not only talk a lot to you and ask about what you like etc., but all of a sudden he will tell you things that many others in his life simply aren't aware of. Trust me - that's a great sign.
Also - ask about his family. Any man looking for sex and only sex will have a hard time changing the subject to his parents. lol

Cheers.
 Jimmm73
Msg: 24 (view)

What foods do you hate?
Posted: 6/29/2006 11:53:58 AM
Thought long and hard with that one - I grew up trying a lot of different foods. For example, I think I had tried escargot before I was 6 years old. I like most foods.
One thing I really can't stand though is any food that is too bland. I like different spices.

I can't eat Prarie Oysters(Bull's testicles) or anything like that though. Who ever came up with the idea of boiling a pair of bull's balls must have been really really really hungry. lol
 Jimmm73

Ass kicking hot chilli
Posted: 6/29/2006 11:47:51 AM
Gotta say - great recipe. Thanks - appreciate it.
I used to eat Jalepeno peppers straight from the bottle. I don't think I have enough taste buds left to feel it's heat though. lol

Cheers.
 Jimmm73

Is it ok to ask out in an email?
Posted: 6/29/2006 11:41:51 AM
Of course it is. As long as you really know who it is. You should make phone contact first.... at least. People are not what they seem sometimes from the other end of a computer screen.
 Jimmm73
Msg: 100 (view)

are women leery of guys over 30 who have never been married?
Posted: 6/29/2006 11:38:58 AM
Well, they shouldn't be. lol Marriage is over-rated. Men still have a desire to be married like women do, but face it people - marriage's statistics are very poor these last few decades. If you truly love someone, then I don't believe you need a piece of paper to prove it. Some religeons make it a bit difficult though.

Cheers.
 Jimmm73

why do men enter us women into competetion with other women without even telling us we're in it????
Posted: 6/29/2006 11:35:12 AM
Simple. Most men always think they can do better. Women do the same. When you choose someone, you should make sure you realize what the reasons were that you chose this person in the first place. Probably a good idea to let them know as well. lol
Women are worse than men I think when it comes to this subject by the way.

Cheers.
 Jimmm73
Msg: 13 (view)

Things to do in Fredericton
Posted: 6/29/2006 11:31:33 AM
I think I have been here too long. lol I love the city, it's history, and many of it's people. It is just slow moving sometimes. Great to raise a family or goto school. Then great to come back to after exploring a little of this world. Fredericton always has a friend somewhere... just gotta walk around and visit places.
It's a wonderful city to meet someone... takes awhile sometimes though. lol
 Jimmm73
Msg: 726 (view)

Has anyone been brave enough to meet someone with no pic at all?
Posted: 6/28/2006 8:16:35 PM
Are most women only into tall men? lol Gotta ask. What is the reason anyway?

Show ALL Forums