Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: skirt length when over 50
 daffie
Msg: 356 (view)

skirt length when over 50
Posted: 3/5/2013 8:09:02 PM
i happily have my own style, always have...
which doesn't include short, short dresses and skirts...only because i don't possess a stunning set of pins.

some of us have more "fashion sense" than others. a fact which doesn't dismiss the ones who don't measure up as non-entitys. all women should dress how they like...and let the wowsers and control freaks among us wallow in their smug self importance.
 daffie
Msg: 19 (view)

second date
Posted: 2/16/2013 7:19:05 PM
you would have heard from him by now if he was at all interested...or in a position to do so...in seeing you again.

don't "kick" yourself for not telling him your phone number. he had plenty of time, still has, to ask you what it is.
he can also contact you via email at any time.
that vday message was the perfect lead into any further communication on his part. as he hasn't bothered, to me it is obvious he is not that into you.
if you really want to know? ask him outright.
put it down to more experience...lol...and get on with your life.
 daffie
Msg: 23 (view)

She wants to be just friends. Is there a chance for more?
Posted: 1/12/2013 6:53:44 PM
you seem to be a smart man.
would you hang around in the chance there may be leftovers sometime in the future?

being a "friend" means just that.
move on!...
 daffie
Msg: 23 (view)

When a Woman Doesn't Return Calls But Continues Texting
Posted: 1/12/2013 5:03:11 PM
does a woman like to be "hounded" with repeated text messages and emails?
NO!...

i'm with others on this one...
if the lady in question is really interested in you as a prospective date you would certainly know by now.

back off with the contact then call her in a week or so.
if you don't excite her interest by then?
don't waste any more of your time and MOVE ON.
her loss huh?...
 daffie
Msg: 507 (view)

no pic: worth the risk?
Posted: 12/13/2012 7:15:21 AM
^i.t. illiterate = computer illiterate...

some may not care, i do.
as for taking the chance on a pic., less profile?
i wouldn't be bothered wasting my time...besides i'm a lousy gambler so i'm sure i'd never hit that "jackpot"!...
 daffie
Msg: 506 (view)

no pic: worth the risk?
Posted: 12/11/2012 10:37:02 PM
don't bother with a pic., less profile!
if the posted pic., is obviously dated i don't bother answering correspondence either.

you'll most likely find the person to be lazy, i.t. illiterate or deliberately not wanting to be identified...
 daffie
Msg: 31 (view)

Why do middle age women still feel the need to be all kissy, huggy and feeling in a relationship
Posted: 12/11/2012 7:44:27 PM
sooooooooooooooooo amusing...
op,
why don't you write on your profile that you are not interested in ANY public displays of affection?

that should sort out those pathetic, pesky middle aged women who want to kiss or...horrorhorrorhorror and soooooooooooooooo embarrassing...like to hold hands, express their feelings or use endearments when others are around!...
 daffie
Msg: 81 (view)

My wife cheated on me,I'm still married to her but now I'm looking
Posted: 12/11/2012 7:31:57 PM
^^^^^^^^after reading this convoluted garbage and denigrating missive about women?

all i can say is i'm sooooooooooooooo glad my gorgeous grand daughter doesn't live anywhere near ontario.

cheater? cheated upon?
there will always be losers on the prowl for their next victim...no matter how they try to excuse themselves!...
 daffie
Msg: 68 (view)

My wife cheated on me,I'm still married to her but now I'm looking
Posted: 12/3/2012 9:43:30 PM
you know there are many, many online hook-up sites that will cater for your "booty-call" needs.
i'm surprised that in the four years you have been trying here on pof you haven't tried these sites...or maybe you have bottomed out there as well?

also, if you are soooooooooooooo busy with your marital and family duties as you say...when are you going to have time to indulge in an extra marital affair?...
 daffie
Msg: 262 (view)

Online dating working for you?
Posted: 11/24/2012 3:22:57 AM
well my inbox is never empty...
but 99% of the messengers i'm afraid don't interest me in the least!

that remaining 1% have "possibilities" but usually distance or timing are the deal breakers to any mutually agreeable meetings...
 daffie
Msg: 141 (view)

If a person initiates contact with you on POF, do you expect for them to have read your profile?
Posted: 11/24/2012 3:09:30 AM
i do like to think that most men who initiate contact with me have first read my profile...although often when a message lands in my inbox it's obvious to me that the sender hasn't bothered to peruse my list of interests.

anyways, upon reading their missives it becomes apparent soon enough if they haven't!...
 daffie
Msg: 534 (view)

bald guys
Posted: 10/10/2012 4:30:52 AM
all comb-overs look absolutely revolting...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

SOME bald guys are attractive.
if a good looking guy is also a "bald" good looking guy?
he'll have no problem in meeting women!...
 daffie
Msg: 32 (view)

friends daughter going out with married boss
Posted: 9/3/2012 1:47:18 AM
^were your mother's "friends" telling you how to live your life when you were 24 years old?

you really should quit all the moralizing and mind your own business!...
 daffie
Msg: 12 (view)

50 shades female vs male perspective
Posted: 9/3/2012 1:00:33 AM
i really don't quite understand all the hype.

i didn't mind the "light" read,
but there's nothing in those pages i haven't either seen or done myself!...
 daffie
Msg: 37 (view)

He wants me to meet his parents - they're nudists
Posted: 9/3/2012 12:42:48 AM
if you do go "meet the parents"?

i just hope you won't be dining at a glass-top table!...lol
 daffie
Msg: 28 (view)

Chance Encounters
Posted: 8/25/2012 7:57:20 PM
mmmmmm...i've had a couple of memorable chance encounters.

i'm always open to meeting new people, where ever i am. i find it invigorating to reply to a well meaning complement, or maybe just a quick "hello".
as for the "where do the heck i know that guy from?"
sometimes it is necessary to avoid eye contact,
that's the main reason i always wear sunglasses when i'm out!...
 daffie
Msg: 110 (view)

Looking at the clock during sex.
Posted: 7/26/2012 4:46:53 AM
no i haven't.
but i was sacked from my job as a bingo caller.

apparently,

..."a meal for two with a hairy view"...is not the way to call number 69!...
 daffie
Msg: 4 (view)

Instant chemistry vs slow burn
Posted: 7/24/2012 4:43:05 AM
instant chemistry.

life is far too short and time too precious,

for me to rely on a "slow burn" attraction...
 daffie
Msg: 49 (view)

Clip in extensions on middle aged women?
Posted: 7/24/2012 2:11:31 AM
i have had short hair a couple of times over the years...i confess that in the eighties i once even tried a perm...what the h**l was i thinking?...but i love my hair long and will never cut it short again.
it's easy to style, wearing it up or down, and i'm often complemented on how nice it looks.

if you love your hair extensions? wear them proudly and have fun with the different looks you can achieve.
it's certainly no one else's right to tell you how you should wear your hair and i'm amazed to read some of these opinions...even more amazed to think that you would need validation from your peers.

my number one dislike is meeting people who have dirty hair and dirty shoes...i always think "eeeeeek, i wonder how grubby the rest of them is?"...
 daffie
Msg: 62 (view)

How do you all define aging gracefully?
Posted: 7/12/2012 6:01:39 PM
...gracefully?
pooooooooooooof to that!

why should you be "gracious" about aging?
i've always had my own "look" and i'm not about to change anything at my age...i feel sorry for any woman who feels she must have a certain look as she ages.
where is her individualism and pride in her uniqueness?

my lifestyle will stay the same as long as my continuing good health allows.

my looks i attribute to my positive attitude, my busy lifestyle with friends and family, my thirst for knowledge and interest in the news and current affairs of our world...

and my blessed good luck with my genes!...
 daffie
Msg: 75 (view)

Middle aged man, new Camaro
Posted: 6/30/2012 6:49:42 AM
mmmmmmmmmm...
isn't a truck without balls the same as a cowboy without a horse?

well i can tell you a woman certainly doesn't want someone...oooops, something...loud and windy...
so go the camaro!
 daffie
Msg: 69 (view)

Approaching 50 and it's scaring the Crud outa me
Posted: 6/30/2012 6:39:51 AM
what a laugh!
wait 'til you turn 90 and then have a whinge about being old and decrepit.

i love life and find my age is no barrier to meeting fun and interesting people wherever i go.
maybe you need to "lighten up" and enjoy the time you have been given. happy and confident people tend to attract the same, try it!

as long as you look after your health and appearance there will always be someone to find you attractive...
 daffie
Msg: 41 (view)

What do You do on a Bad Date?
Posted: 6/30/2012 6:13:06 AM
i have much more self respect than that.
why stay and put up with someone who is blatantly rude and has a complete lack of manners?

there's no reason to be "nice" to someone you barely know.
if they are rude to you, or anyone else, get up and go and be thankful they're not part of your life!...
 daffie
Msg: 65 (view)

The background in a pic......
Posted: 5/22/2012 5:33:19 AM
i'm always interested in the backgrounds...

and,

the most interesting object i can think of in a well laid out room?

is a spunky, well laid out man!...
 daffie
Msg: 7 (view)

family issues
Posted: 3/11/2012 3:15:33 AM
^that's not a bad idea...it works for me.

sadly, i'm also in the situation of having to be nice to people who i thoroughly despise. i have learnt not to tell them anything of my personal life or feelings, to keep my distance.

be nice to the b*tches, it confounds them.
when these people realise you don't care what they say and are not concerned with what they do? voila! they'll drop right off...and probably concentrate on making some other unfortunate miserable!

as for the situation with your husband?
i would not tolerate being treated like a piece of c*rap...especially by a man who is supposed to love and respect me...
 daffie
Msg: 6 (view)

broken lcd laptop screen...
Posted: 3/1/2012 2:20:08 AM
^thanks bil...

i hadn't been using my fan rest so this explanations makes sense...unfortunately i don't have another monitor to check...ditched the desktop years ago!
the courier will pick it up for toshiba tomorrow.

i'll let you know what the toshiba technos., say the problem is...
 daffie
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 2/28/2012 7:18:41 PM
^^^thanks aka.

i like to be aware of the possible/probable cause of any problem..."consumer aware" if you like.
yes, it's still under warranty,
and is going back to toshiba.
 daffie
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 2/28/2012 6:09:55 PM
thanks wip.

am sending it to toshiba...waiting for the courier now...and will take it from there...
 daffie
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 2/28/2012 4:36:02 PM
my toshiba lcd laptop screen is broken. it started with a few vertical and horizontal lines on the right side of screen with a black leaf shaped icon. after a few days the entire screen was unreadable, it now is a light blue colour.
i am always very careful when handling my laptop and wonder if the broken screen can be caused by an internal fault...and not always by "misuse". this one is still on warranty.
i have found where to buy a replacement screen, if i have to...along with instructions of how this can be done.
i haven't had much luck with toshiba, this is my third replacement laptop in three years!
thanking you...
 daffie
Msg: 84 (view)

skirt length when over 50
Posted: 2/5/2012 2:43:06 AM
if you have been blessed with great legs...
or as i like to say, have inherited good genes...
along with most importantly a sense of style?...

show 'em off to your advantage at every chance you get!...
 daffie

Getting work in the mines - dalby/chinchilla/roma etc
Posted: 1/20/2012 7:58:27 PM
you'll need your tickets or you won't get a look in.

there are lots of online sites now to help you get started with mine work.
be wary of the sites who state they will get you work with mining if you pay them so many hundred dollars.
try the qld., government one that was recently set up.

my son is working now as a plumber at mt. newman.
the hours are tough but the money is very good.
it took him a year to get all the tickets they insisted he had and then he was thoroughly vetted before he was employed.

it was worth all the waiting.
good luck!...

(i just hope you never come across the "neanerthal" i met recently who is a miner at chinchilla!)...
 daffie

Moving to Sydney.. Help? LOL
Posted: 1/20/2012 7:39:58 PM
i agree with others here,
does it have to be sydney?

if you have to be in a big city melbourne has all you're looking for and is by far a nicer place to live.
brisbane is a great place and offers world class universities also.

the only place i'd even considering living at in sydney is on the harbour somewhere...
 daffie
Msg: 167 (view)

Younger men wanting sex chat
Posted: 1/20/2012 7:28:21 PM
^^native, that was so funny...

(i was nearly suffocated once!...lol)...
 daffie
Msg: 2 (view)

dating scams
Posted: 1/20/2012 7:17:56 PM
i find it hard to have sympathy for people who get scammed on dating sites.
"desperate and dateless" springs to mind!

i do know there are exceptional circumstances and some vulnerable people should be protected...but really, what happened to using good old common sense?

indeed,
how can you legislate against stupidity?...
 daffie

Meet Me
Posted: 1/20/2012 7:11:33 PM
^pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!...
the "meet me" feature has been discussed for ever and a day!

if you want to know about it?
do a search on "meet me"...or look in "plenty of fish help"...then you might stop wondering about it!

"meet me" may give some users a huge boost to their ego,
thinking "omg, to think that someone, anyone, would want to meet me!"...

but you'd be best to treat it as official pof spam,
rather than make a fool of yourself by eagerly emailing someone who wouldn't be remotely interested in you!...
 daffie
Msg: 77 (view)

What to say after being dumped.
Posted: 1/8/2012 6:23:35 AM
i'd say...
"his/her loss"...

and move on,
right away!...
 daffie
Msg: 16 (view)

Why do you keep changing your profile name?
Posted: 12/6/2011 3:48:39 AM
who the hell cares?

i don't give a stuff if people change their profile name or not,
just so long as they keep their pics., up to date!...
 daffie
Msg: 6 (view)

Broken Hearted
Posted: 12/5/2011 4:08:11 PM
for me it's become a lot easier.
when i was younger i took a breakup as a personal affront, as if there was something radically wrong with me, and it never occurred to me that some relationships are never meant to be.

i think at one stage i was quite needy, maybe searching for love, any love, before i learnt to love myself for who i am now...and enjoy what each day brings.
i embrace my relationships but never lose my identity along the way....never letting myself becoming completely enveloped by another...ever!...
 daffie

Girls go first?
Posted: 12/5/2011 3:45:30 PM
when i first joined pof i used to send messages to men i thought were "interesting".
i'm pleased to say that years later some of these guys are really good friends and we have shared many laughs and experiences over this time...all because i initiated the first contact!

soooooooooooo, if you see anyone you think is attractive by all means send them a message. it could be the start of a wonderful and fun friendship.
don't be shy, the sky won't fall in if they don't reply and after all it will be their loss if you are ignored...right?...
 daffie
Msg: 8 (view)

Shunned by the neighbors for cohabitating - at 65 years old!
Posted: 11/13/2011 5:40:48 PM
don't let these so called "religious" neighbours bother you.

they're probably jealous of your lifestyle and ability to live your life without the constraints of their religion...whichever it is?
if their "watching" becomes too creepy, get the local police involved, maybe with a caution against stalking?

do not let the prejudices and narrowmindness of others dictate the way you live your own life!...
 daffie

Forum friends for the over 45 crowd?
Posted: 11/13/2011 5:10:06 PM
^agreed...friends are friends, no matter how often you get to see them.

have made some wonderful friends and acquaintances here since 2006 from australia, canada and the 'states.

some i have met. a few have visited me here in oz, i have met up with others on my travels. if it wasn't for the distance involved we would certainly meet up more often and have even more fun.
i keep in contact with most of them, a lot via facebook...
 daffie
Msg: 35 (view)

men who cant help starring at other women
Posted: 11/8/2011 1:19:19 AM
if a man i was with constantly ogled and leered at other women he wouldn't get another date with me...
 daffie
Msg: 33 (view)

Gut Feeling
Posted: 11/8/2011 1:12:11 AM
i find constant texting and phoning by a man a huge turn off so back off a little.

give her time to miss you.
if she does? she'll soon contact you.

as others have stated,
if she wants to see you she'll make time in her schedule,
no matter how busy she is!...
 daffie
Msg: 8 (view)

Facebook Friends
Posted: 11/7/2011 10:22:50 PM
^ just another reason to never, never, never, never, never, never include a lover as a fb friend!...
 daffie
Msg: 9 (view)

women in relationships ALWAYS seem to be attracted,why?
Posted: 11/7/2011 10:07:50 PM
why?
that's easy to answer...

you don't want a committed relationship so continuously involve yourself with women who are unattainable for anything more than an affair.
most likely these women are using you, just as you are using them.

you're heading for a big fall when one of these women will prove to be more than a dalliance.
meantime,
you are what you seek!...
 daffie
Msg: 24 (view)

Dealing with POF rejection
Posted: 11/6/2011 5:27:58 PM
ff...you need to step back a little and not take pof so seriously.

after all, how can you feel rejection so personally when you are being ignored by a complete stranger? it's not as if you're going to run into these people at the local coffee shop.
tell yourself it's their loss and move on to the next guy.

there are genuine people here looking for the same as you are. there's also a lot of dreamers and fantasists...just like real life!
you may eventually find a man you like, who also enjoys your company, but certainly don't rely on pof...or any other site..to instantly gratify your needs.

if you're going to rely on online dating sites for your future happiness you'll need patience and a helluva lot of luck!...
 daffie
Msg: 20 (view)

need help with the chick cave x 2
Posted: 10/8/2011 10:57:35 PM
excellent advice here for the chickcave...it's going to be a fun project.

i definitely recommend the wireless option, makes it so easy to move things around.
if i decide to redecorate i start with a colour scheme, maybe a theme, and work around that.

when you complete the "mission" i put up my hand for an invite to the house warming...haha
 daffie
Msg: 12 (view)

childhood reconnection
Posted: 10/3/2011 12:39:45 AM
have you skyped each other as yet?

i caught up with a childhood friend/crush last christmas.
my advice would be to skype or the like before you take it any further...
 daffie
Msg: 950 (view)

would you date a stripper?
Posted: 10/3/2011 12:25:09 AM
^a huge amount of generalisation going on here?
i've also been propositioned more than a couple of times in my life, but i can't recall that any of the hopeful hookers were strippers or dancers.
why would a stripper or dancer be a less trustworthy and sincere person than anyone else you may meet?

i confess i was skeptical when my son started dating a stripper 15 years ago...looking back i was most likely jealous of those legs that seem to go on forever.
she's now the mother of my gorgeous four grandchildren...and could still dance up a storm, if she ever wanted to!...
 daffie
Msg: 26 (view)

Are the forums helpful for dating?
Posted: 9/27/2011 5:59:07 AM
^mmmmm,
that's right ruby...real quiet, real shy!

op,
if you're looking for "local" on these forums you'll probably be disappointed. i've never come across anyone from my area but have made fun friends, from all over, the past few years...

Show ALL Forums