Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: tell tale signs in profiles
 episodeiv
Msg: 32 (view)

tell tale signs in profiles
Posted: 8/16/2009 4:35:46 AM
OP this is an awesome thread.

The age thing is a biggie for me too. Amazingly most that I've noticed doing the age switcharoo also mention how important their religious beliefs and practice are. I stop reading right there and >click<... next profile!

Many other great observations in this thread too. Thanks everyone!
 episodeiv
Msg: 21 (view)

The Ant and the Grasshopper....
Posted: 6/17/2009 5:56:55 AM
Obviously Zen was derived from observing ants. Chop wood, carry water... chomp leaves, milk ants.

the Entire Guide to Everything You'll Ever Need to Know About Being a Decent Human.
...wasn't that a chapter in the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy?

As a child fables tended to confuse me. So I should be an ant... no, a grasshopper... no, a fox... no, I should have a sex change and be mother goose... which would open up a whole new area of things to be like chicken little, the little red hen, etc. I got so confused. If we were taught that we could grow up to be anything we wanted to be why did being human have to be so complicated and puzzling?

Maybe I should have just been a frog and a beautiful princess would come along and snog me and I'd turn into a handsome prince and we could then get squelchy and live happily ever after a while when she gets old and wrinkled and I become Rumpelstiltskin and a dirty old man hiding out in parks to flash and grope the young, pretty ones until the parents get upset and finally grab me and string me up by my gentiles. Fairy tales are so hard to live up to! Perhaps life is a fable after all.
 episodeiv
Msg: 12 (view)

The Ant and the Grasshopper....
Posted: 6/15/2009 4:29:20 AM
From a demotivational poster I used to make a wallpaper...

PROCRASTINATION
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time,
But Laziness Always Pays Off Now.

The grasshoppers love that! After, that is, they practice their kung fu in the morning. The ants figure they don't have time to learn anything so silly as kung fu. All the while, the praying mantis waits patiently in my butterfly tree for a beautiful butterfly to come by for his/her supper. S/he practices praying mantis style of course.
 episodeiv
Msg: 13 (view)

ABC boss sorry for Chaser 'wrong call'
Posted: 6/7/2009 5:50:10 AM
Well... I like a good joke, a good parody, a good stab at just about anything and especially our many varied and sometimes weird relationships with death. However, being the father of a child survivor of cancer and experienced the hell those kids go through where the treatment, the cure is immeasurably worse than the disease, this Chaser skit was a bit over the edge.

The Make A Wish Foundation does what it can to provide a child with an experience to make the living hell they are going through or have been through seem not so bad. They do a pretty good job of it too.

I don't think pulling the show off the air was needed. Just a sincere apology to the foundation and all the kids it has helped and will help. That is a sincere apology without a sneer or the seemingly fingers crossed behind the back type we're sorry wink, wink. Maybe the cast and crew of the Chasers should volunteer to go work with and spend time with these kids for a few months and see if they could do a better job next time. A hefty donation to the cause from the network or the Chaser's sponsors (if it works that way) would go a long way along with free advertising in the form of letting people know just what the Make A Wish Foundation and others like it do for these kids.

On the bright side perhaps all the attention the fox-paw has caused may have made more people aware of these organizations trying to help kids.

Now let's see some more funny stuff.
 episodeiv
Msg: 3 (view)

yellow dot picture?
Posted: 6/5/2009 12:22:50 PM
I didn't notice or pay attention to the yellow dots at first. But when I did notice 'em I went searching in the forums and found out the schemin'. Yellow dots are supposed to be special. Now isn't that special! Yep, you can pay to get a yellow dot. Or just be a woman and randomly get a yellow dot. And what I remember reading several weeks ago, if you get the yellow dot and decide you don't want it you don't get a refund.

Soon after the attack of the yellow dots I ran across a surprising number of peeps who got it for free that didn't want it. Oh the irony. Except what does the yellow dot really say? I'm on a free dating site but I really want to pay anyway? Sure there are supposed to be extras that come with the yellow dot. But seeding the yellow dots onto unsuspecting peeps seemed to greatly lower the perceived value of said yellow dot. So much so it became a stigma to some. I found it very interesting and rather entertaining. Now we don't know who paid and who didn't so which yellow dot branded peep is really serious?

Then I hit on an idea... if yellow dots are supposed to indicate a more serious member and in my past I've been said to be just too serious, with yellow dots on the scene I am automatically less serious now. Win win! Thus my intro line... 1/3 less serious. ROTFLOL
 episodeiv
Msg: 57 (view)

How do you make yourself be attracted to the unattractive?
Posted: 5/29/2009 11:24:02 AM

How do you make yourself be attracted to the unattractive?

In short, you grow up. You learn to temper the silver and gold platter requirements with actual adult life experiences into what really matters. If you would like to try and accelerate it then volunteer to help others less fortunate than yourself. Take the time to get to know some of those people to the point you are not looking down on them but realizing that with a bad break or a few you could be the one needing the very same help.

Of course there is no guarantee that the above will work as evidenced by at least one or more of the posters above. But there are also some really great suggestions above answering the question and addressing the perceived problems.

Part of growing up is considering others' perspectives and possible solutions even if they don't fit the kind of answer you think you are looking for. Part of growing up is learning to open yourself to the possibilities you and your direct peers wouldn't necessarily see. A lot of growing up is learning from others with more experience and other varied experiences.

Now that you have just reached adulthood, how fast and how much you learn is entirely up to you. No one can make you learn as easily or as hard as you can choose to do for yourself.
 episodeiv
Msg: 26 (view)

Dying the carpet to match the drapes....
Posted: 5/13/2009 6:04:22 PM
Don't recall it coming up.

I am looking for a couple of braids. You know, hand knotted carpet. Could finish off with ribbons to match or compliment the drapes.
 episodeiv
Msg: 20 (view)

Not sure what to do with my 21 year old cousin
Posted: 5/12/2009 5:21:43 AM
OP... I see some really great suggestions/advice here and some really bad ones too. Your responses however make me think you've a good head on your shoulders and are certainly weeding out the not so good advice. (Get him a hooker to force herself on him? Yikes!!!)

To the good advice I'll add... figure out his interests. May not be many things but work with those. For instance, he likes to watch youtube. What does he mostly watch on youtube? A lot of the same subjects or is it totally varied/random? Regardless, he likes youtube. Ask him if he has his own ideas of youtube videos to make. With gentle prodding I would be a little surprised if he hasn't thought of doing something himself. Possibly not but still, when we stick our noses into something we usually get an itch to participate in it in some way. Some people automatically set out to scratch that itch. Others don't know they can. Especially if another person like yourself might help enable them. If he doesn't have one yet perhaps a digital camera and/or video camera would be a great toy toward developing that interest.

I think above all you must be patient. Very patient. And absolutely non confrontational and not pushy. Just subtle steering such that he isn't alarmed and reacts with resistance. That's also why I think his interests are a key to communicating with him and gaining his trust.

A pet may be a good idea as suggested above. Certainly not dumping or forcing an animal on him though. Somehow steer him toward a place or trusted person that has a therapy dog or extremely friendly cat for example. If he enjoys the animal then get them together again and gradually more often. Gentle horses also can be good for this. Good quality, no pressure time hanging out with the animal(s).

Depending on his response and if he begins opening up more and more, a visit to a trustworthy therapist may be warranted. Very tricky though as some could instantly turn him off and ruin it for trying any others. It is something not to be forced on him as it could certainly do more harm than good and drive him into more self isolation and mistrust of others including yourself. Baby steps!

Find his real potential. Help him see his own potential. Help him develop his interests and thus unlock his potential.

I suspect there are a combination of things at play here and as such it will take a combination of things and a lot of time and patience, not to mention gentle persistence, to help him or get him ready and accepting of professional help if needed.

I wish you both the best. He is very fortunate to have such a caring and interested cousin as yourself.

Of course if you do get a bump on the head (vs. your backside again) and go temporarily insane such that you start thinking the hooker idea is good, send her to me and I'll video it and put it on youtube for your cousin to watch. That way you can ease him into the idea. Even though we don't know each other, I'd be willing to make that sacrifice and take one for the team. ROTFLOL... j/k, j/k, really just kidding!!!
 episodeiv
Msg: 487 (view)

Does having sex when you meet for the first time ruin a chance for a real relationship?
Posted: 5/10/2009 5:35:23 AM
Individual results will vary.

If you think sex on a first date will ruin any chance for a real (though I suspect some are actually thinking of some idealized "reel" like in some movie or book) relationship then more than likely it will.

If you do not think sex on a first date will ruin the chance then it probably will not. Sure it may be a factor, one factor of several or many that determine the longevity of any particular relationship.

...people get too hung up on sexual matters.
Yes, definitely. That's why I mention sex in my profile. Supposedly a big no, no. But it saves me time by those with such a hang up self-eliminating themselves. This has provided me with some great exchanges with a few such that we quickly get past that otherwise unspeakable subject, sex, and move onto getting to know each other.

That said, I personally very rarely would have sex with a woman the very first time we physically met. I'm just slow and cautious that way. Probably much too slow for most that have contacted me. I've probably missed some pretty good one night stands because of that in the past. Especially my distant past. (I put my stand on one night stands on my profile. LOL) But I am comfortable with that. I haven't given up on finding the connection, the woman I wish to find. I'll know it when both the big head and the little head are excited, engaged and aligned. Both pointing in the same direction consistently. Especially attaining a certain comfort level. I am open to the possibility of it happening on the first physical meeting after we have already spent hours emailing, chatting, talking on the phone. Or it may require 3.1416 dates more or less. I won't know for any individual I meet until it happens or it doesn't. I'm just silly like that.
 episodeiv
Msg: 9 (view)

What to get for a first tattoo?
Posted: 5/7/2009 6:00:06 AM
Why? OP, after reading what you've written here and your profile I don't really see you as a tattoo kinda guy. Or is that the reason to get the tattoo? So others will see you differently? So you will fit in with some crowd or group for which a tattoo is perceived as a prerequisite? To somehow show others you have that "edge"? So don't feel "pressured into doing it" and certainly not if you're "not ready." Perhaps remain open to the possibility that you may never be ready. You're current decision to get a tattoo seems iffy at best so I suggest you re-examine why you really think you want one.

In the mean time you might consider a quality temporary tattoo or henna. Something you can sort of get an idea of what it may be like to have a tattoo but without the pain and permanence until you know for sure.

For right now consider this... Your brain is just now finishing development,which means it is not fully functional yet in the area of determining future consequences of current decisions and actions. That is precisely why military recruiters try to sign up younger people barely 18-19 y.o. plus. Without a fully developed brain they are the most malleable, the most trainable to become warriors who'll think little of going out and killing others on command.

I have a female acquaintance who in her late teen years went out on a whim and got a tattoo on her upper arm. Her first name. Then in her early to mid-twenties she decided it wasn't for her and started having it removed. Last I heard, frustrated with the time it takes and expense of removal, she started looking for another tattoo to put over it as the "cheaper" alternative. She is naturally a very attractive woman. However, her decisions have been such that her present and future beauty is potentially compromised.

For me specifically I see a persons beauty beginning on the inside. Therefore, what a person thinks and practices will show on the outside sooner or later. With a tattoo that would be much sooner. How will you feel and how will it affect you if later you decided that nifty tattoo wasn't such a great idea?

Although I discourage tattoos, I'm not saying don't get one. I am just trying to get you to really examine why you want one in the first place. Is it for the attention it might get? A temp-tat may help with that decision such that you like having it so much you can't wait to make it permanent. Or, you may decide it really is not for you and save later long term discomfort or even embarrassment caused by something you did in your youth.

On the other hand, how about one of those hula girls on your arm placed in such a way that when you flex your arm muscles she dances! I always thought those were pretty cool. That way you can always entertain yourself with her on your arm. And when your much older you can entertain the grandkids with her too!
 episodeiv
Msg: 5 (view)

Honest profile review, please
Posted: 5/5/2009 5:25:18 AM
OP- You seem to give a real glimpse into your life with your profile. I'm almost a little envious that you have done it so concisely. LOL Great job on the profile. Good luck.
 episodeiv
Msg: 508 (view)

Men over 45 and facial hair
Posted: 4/16/2009 5:36:41 PM
I guess I've had a beard for most of my adult life now. I never ever liked shaving but when I did shave it was more because that seemed what it took to fit in. Shaving was always a chore, a pain and seemingly a waste of time. When I first shaved I had to because I was in the military.

In the very early nineties I just stopped shaving for a couple of weeks on vacation. I liked it! I kept it, trimmed it up and headed back to work. My department manager at the time didn't care for it at all and made a few disparaging remarks. A little later his boss came into our department for a meeting and commented positively on my beard. I never heard another word about it from my manager. LOL I haven't shaved since.

When that job ended I decided to coast for a while and see what I could do for myself. During that time I decided to just let my beard grow and grow. I liked that too. I kept it neat though. It got as long as about nipple level. I had it that way for a while. Then one weekend out sailing I reached into an inner chest pocket for something. When I started zipping my life jacket back up the end of my beard got caught in the zipper. Ouch! After that I trimmed it back a bit to prevent getting caught in the zipper.

Later in the spring it was beginning to get pretty warm. I did find that I could split it down the middle though and let it "vent" to be cooler. Thought it looked a bit too devilish though. Hehe. I cut it way back and have kept it more or less short, relatively speaking, since. Much easier to take care of too. Few or no tangles anymore. Doesn't get caught in stuff. Plenty cool enough. Save lots and lots of time not shaving! Of course I can't save near the amount of crumbs, etc. for snacking later. ROTFLOL

I love a smooth baby face that is not going to give me a wisker burn.

Uh, hello... whisker burn more often happens if the beard is just growing out, as in stubble, or is cut too close. With only a few exceptions, once the beard is long enough the whisker hairs are pliable and much less apt to cause "whisker burn." That's a real beard. Stubble is not a beard. It's just stubble.
 episodeiv
Msg: 397 (view)

Do you see divorced people as damaged goods?
Posted: 1/22/2009 9:33:23 AM
Divorced as damaged goods?

No! It just means to me that that person was willing to take a big risk on a commitment. They just might be willing to take that risk on me. More often it shows courage. The courage to take on the commitment of an "official" marriage. The courage to do something about it when they realize it isn't working. On the other hand, if they've been through several divorces I do have some questions.
 episodeiv

if you had a child and they were born mentally challenged, would you keep it?
Posted: 1/22/2009 9:07:01 AM
If I had a child that was born mentally or physically challenged would I keep him or her?

Uh, yeah! I'm not perfect and as such run into situations where I find I am mentally and/or physically challenged. We are all different in some way(s). We are all special in some way(s). And if it was my child, s/he would most certainly be special to me. Not unlike my son who was diagnosed with cancer at an early age. He was special before the diagnosis. He was special after. It has not been a journey I would have wished on myself or anyone else. But I wouldn't give that journey away or him for anything. I simply couldn't believe the stories of so many cutting and running from a family after such a diagnosis. I stuck it out and boy am I glad I did. He is 20 y.o. now and a great kid... er, young adult!

Perhaps one of the most important things I have learned in my life so far is that we can learn from anyone and everyone no matter what their mental or physical composition. I actually learned this from my affinity toward animals and especially dogs. I'm always learning something from them. Why should the human animal, child or adult, be any different?
 episodeiv
Msg: 32 (view)

Love Letters... do you write them?
Posted: 1/21/2009 5:07:31 AM
So not too mushy. But it could be misinterpreted. Gotcha.

I will compose carefully. The romantic in me wants to get out.
 episodeiv
Msg: 31 (view)

Posted: 1/20/2009 5:46:29 AM

I used to and feel compelled to write love letters. However, finding a woman these days who both enjoys and appreciates love letters seems to be particularly challenging. As someone has already said, most everyone seems to be in such a hurry. To me romance, from whence love letters tend to eminate, is more of a slow burn, simmering process. Sure there will be fast and frenetic times. But overall romance takes time.

It just seems few really want to slow down enough to take that time and enjoy the process. I believe that is in part why relationships don't last like they used to. Too many people are on high heat such that things boil over quickly.

Gives me an idea for my profile. Something like looking for someone who will enjoy and appreciate the love letters I want to write once inspired. Or something like that. Is that too mushy? LOL
 episodeiv
Msg: 27 (view)

What kid habits will you never outgrow?
Posted: 12/29/2008 4:24:58 AM
Curiosity.

Asking questions.

Being silly or goofy when I think no one is watching.
 episodeiv
Msg: 290 (view)

What if Prostitution was Legal?
Posted: 12/29/2008 3:45:18 AM

it is legal in Vegas.. i dont know if i would want it to be in all states... we are already have an AIDS epidemic....

So what problems have been newly created or exacerbated in Nevada? What problems have been solved or reduced in Nevada?

With regulations, mandatory testing and I would assume prolific use of condoms by "professionals" would not the spread of HIV be greatly reduced? I could see a real premium being put on "bare back" activities if even allowed at all. At the very least the education level and safe practices around the profession and with the clients could and likely would improve. That would be a good thing.

If prostitution were legal in the U.S. and properly regulated with an emphasis on safety for both worker and client I believe it would go a long way toward improving our often backwards attitudes toward sex. If that did indeed happen, then it would lead to a potentially improved society and culture. The fewer hangups we have the better we can all get along and enjoy our lives.
 episodeiv
Msg: 288 (view)

Posted: 12/28/2008 5:34:43 AM
One problem I see with men frequenting prostitutes is that they may not realize the impact it may have in future relationships. Just like men, women tend to chase after "valuable" men -- men they feel are desirable and a good catch. Paying for sex just doesn't scream "winner." In fact, it screams the exact opposite.

Perhaps for some. But for others, since certain physical needs have been met already, they can potentially be more relaxed and at ease on dates. That age old tape running in a lot of guys heads during early dates, "Will I get lucky tonight?" unknowingly takes up a lot of energy and is likewise distracting. Without that and similar thoughts, or at least significantly less of 'em distracting, the guy can focus better on the individual. Could work the same for the gal. Perhaps the Mustang and Filly ranches would make half their profits running a matching service between "relaxed" clients.

As much as women are disgusted by male "proning," there's something thrilling about being with a man who they perceive to be able to have any woman he wants, but for some reason, chose you.

That's partly a result of that relaxed attitude mentioned above. The guy knows he's going to "get it" regardless if this woman he is out with gives it or not. He has more options more readily available. Let's face it, he is often paying one way or the other. Going to a "professional" perhaps will insure some quality assurance.

A man that couldn't get laid by anyone who actually had interest in him isn't anywhere near as appealing.

I'm not sure I get this. The man would have the option to get laid regardless. Whether it was cold, hard cash or warm charm, the vast majority could find someone to take an interest in him and give him at least part of what he wants and in some cases needs.

Maybe that scares women. The power to always decide if they are going to "do it," or not, would be threatened. I can imagine the overt efforts to prevent it on moral grounds when, as in many other areas, it's really about power and control. It is the woman's perception of the man's power and control that is working in "...there's something thrilling about being with a man who they perceive to be able to have any woman he wants, but for some reason, chose you."

Perhaps another thing that might scare women in general is that the guy might get used to the "professional" services with an emphasis on certain qualities. I'd wager a lot of women would feel they would not measure up to that quality of service. But the women would also have that option. Or should. She/they would also have the option of visiting a "professional." Then would the ordinary men "measure up?" LOL

I know that some men would just use it as a release and a way to avoid the chase, but you'd all just be lumped into the same category of "undesirables."

Sure if he advertises the fact that he frequents the Mustang ranch. But most men wouldn't. And perhaps there would be certain groups of women that would require it knowing that the guy is less likely to be all over her, acting goofy and drooling because he hasn't been laid in weeks, months or years.

The chase would still be there. It just wouldn't be as much about sex. I would think certain or perhaps a lot of women would appreciate that. Otherwise they have been lying to us for centuries if not millennia.

And this won't change much in the long run...
Those who want to will and those who don't won't. It's pretty simple.

Also, to respond to the post below...

...a necessary evil .

Why must it be considered an "evil?" What is really "evil" about it?
 episodeiv
Msg: 8 (view)

Home (and sex) for the holidays.
Posted: 12/26/2008 3:27:20 PM
In the "Man Book" it says A N Y T H I N G can be equated with sex. That said, I sadly have no sexy holiday story to share.

episodeiv
Msg: 283 (view)

Posted: 12/26/2008 2:24:51 PM
If prostitution were legal in the U.S. I think it has the potential to relieve a lot of pressures. Similar to the legalization of certain recreational substances. The pressures for the legislature and law enforcement to spend so much time on these subjects would be greatly reduced. The pressures on the federal, state and local budgets to support current uneven, unjust enforcement of current prohibitions would be removed. The pressures placed on both sides from the stigma would eventually be lowered. And no doubt much more.

A few years or more down the road we would actually be living in a more relaxed, happier country. Just think of the relief of the millions of wives and girlfriends with perpetual headaches. Their guys can simply saunter on down to their favorite female plumbing facility, perhaps even on their way home from work, and relieve their... pressure.

Everybody wins!

Still, I can't say that I would be a customer. Might take some retraining. By then, however, I'd like to think I had my own s.o. with rarely a headache and thus no need for such "outside" services.

It might encourage us all to become better lovers. Just think ladies, it would also encourage men to become better lovers too! If you weren't getting satisfied at home you'd have equal opportunities and options.

Some food for thought:
On the legalization of prostitution
http://www.prostitutionresearch.com/Report%20on%20NZ%2010-29-2008.pdf

Just shows a good example of purely "free market" or unbridled capitalism. Rules, laws, regulations should be put in place to level the playing field and protect those who could be unfairly taken advantage of. Reading over the New Zealand experience looks like a great example of how not to do it. Just look at the predictable results of the regulation resistant and compliant political climate/attitudes in regard to the financial areas. Disaster! Lots of pain could be prevented.
 episodeiv
Msg: 288 (view)

People who think you are hot V2.
Posted: 12/26/2008 11:54:15 AM
How good are the results on the new Women/Men Who think you are HOT page?

According to this... "Sorry we don't have enough data to give you choices better than random chance would!" ...no better than random.

I agree with other posts that many who show up on such lists seem to have some very significant incompatibilities. Therefore I question the algorithms used to generate such a collection. Is it simply a random number/profile matcher? And then once generated it gets saved as is? I don't notice it changing much.

Then there is this... "This feature probably won't work well for regular forum users" So if we regularly use the forums (does that mean post or read or both?) we are automatically screwed? It just doesn't make sense to me.

The icing on the cake was clicking on "Another search ---> Girls you may think are hot!!!" and getting this...

Your Recommendations - We ignored all your search settings, to get the list below.
Sorry we don't have enough data to give you choices better than random chance would!

All the profiles included in "the list below." are shown in the quote above!
 episodeiv
Msg: 28 (view)

Why do we bother?
Posted: 12/26/2008 11:38:47 AM

...why do we put so much time and effort into finding and maintaining relationships?

Because we are social animals. Some of us are more or less social than others. Just look around at the other species in the animal kingdom and you will find the entire range and levels of social preferences represented amongst all the species that we encompass in the human one.

Although a zebra can't change his stripes, he can learn to work with the herd to survive and thrive. A leopard can't change her spots but she can work with others occasionally even if she is inherently a loner. And chances are that sooner or later she will find her mate. In the meantime there is everyday life to live and each day to survive.
 episodeiv
Msg: 100 (view)

Laughing & Giggling during Sex
Posted: 12/26/2008 9:45:26 AM
We tend to laugh and giggle when we are having fun. From what I remember there was or could be a lot of fun in/with sex. Like everything else though there may be an occasional time or so when laughing or giggling seems somewhat inappropriate. Like when you first get nekkid and she points at your winky and starts laughing hysterically. That is, unless your little head has a santa cap on.
 episodeiv
Msg: 58 (view)

In hindsight,what was the VERY first sign that the relationship wasnt going to work?
Posted: 12/26/2008 2:35:47 AM

"I was attracted to him"
(seriously!)
Not saying this with any sarcasm but being completely real - the fact that I was "into" him was my first sign it wasn't going to work.

Ouch! Maybe I've been missing that sure sign as it seems to have worked that way so far. However, the optimist in me keeps saying... maybe the next one will be her.

Or maybe I just like the punishment...

"Thank you [ma'am], may I have another?"

episodeiv
Msg: 683 (view)

Over for Mccain?
Posted: 11/7/2008 12:18:00 PM
Let's see, Obama wins, done deal......

Nope, the deal has just begun.

...but many persist on bashing Palin and McCain still. I can only wonder what good that this waste of Internet space accomplishes.

Because we are so relieved that what could have been was averted. We are relieved that the King George and Darth Cheney era is coming to an end. And we want to reinforce our brain cells on how the Repubs hijacked, raped and pillaged our country over the last eight years and tried to continue with McCain and Palin. We do not want to forget what came up in this election cycle nor the past eight years. If we can do that then there is hope Palin will be contained in Alaska and away from the national stage. Let them keep the pitbull with lipstick to make snarly faces up there with Putin.

So it is not a waste of internet space if it saves us from a terrible mistake in the future. It helps us be on the alert for the next attack of the possibly better groomed for national politics Palin. Remember, she likes to ride around in helicopters and shoot wolves for sport while they are just trying to survive. What country would she invade for sport?

P.S.

Now that McCain loss, will he share his secret on how to find Osama bin Laden?

It was either a bluff or he does know. If he knows and (I hesitate to use this) he is a true patriot, yes he will share his "secret." If he knows I would wager he has tried to get it to King George and Darth Cheney so they could do something about Bin Laden but it fell on purposely deaf ears. Otherwise, McCain is not the patriot he says he is or he was bluffing.

I remember a couple of months ago hearing in an interview with a former CIA man that Bin Laden is dead. He gave his reasons for thinking so and they sounded reasonable.

I can see however, considering the circumstances, that there is no viable confirmation to the death of Bin Laden. Which could explain why King George and Darth Cheney haven't announced it to the world and taken credit for it. On the other hand, they did convince a lot of people there were WMDs in Iraq and that Saddam Hussein was working with the A.Q. terrorists organization.

Anyone want to buy a bridge to... nowhere?
 episodeiv
Msg: 660 (view)

Over for Mccain?
Posted: 11/5/2008 4:33:07 AM
"My friends, we have come to the end of a long journey. The American people have spoken, and they have spoken clearly. A little while ago, I had the honor of calling Sen. Barack Obama — to congratulate him on being elected the next president of the country that we both love."--Sen. John McCain. The beginning of his concession speech last night.

The turkey is out of the oven and it is well done! It is time for the majority of us, or better yet, all of us to give thanks. (Thanksgiving analogy.)

Both men gave great speeches last night.

"If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible; who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time; who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer."--President Elect Barrack Obama. The beginning of his acceptance speech last night.

There is a new hope in the United States of America today! It has less to do with who was elected our 44th president. It has much more to do with who elected him. Us citizens. And by a landslide of electorial votes!

"America, we have come so far. We have seen so much. But there is so much more to do. So tonight, let us ask ourselves: If our children should live to see the next century; if my daughters should be so lucky to live as long as Ann Nixon Cooper, what change will they see? What progress will we have made?

This is our chance to answer that call. This is our moment. This is our time — to put our people back to work and open doors of opportunity for our kids; to restore prosperity and promote the cause of peace; to reclaim the American Dream and reaffirm that fundamental truth that out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope, and where we are met with cynicism, and doubt, and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people: Yes, we can.

Thank you, God bless you, and may God bless the United States of America."--Barrack Obama. Last night.
 episodeiv
Msg: 19 (view)

Sick of Two Party Politics?
Posted: 11/1/2008 7:35:31 AM
I agree the two party system, we seem to be stuck in a rut with here in the U.S., is far from perfect. But it is not entirely the fault of the two party system. The "sheep" who allow the two parties their power along with the corporate and other sponsors support these two above all others available.

Until a candidate comes forward that stirs enough of the population and gathers the financial backing needed, other parties will be just that... the also runs. As I've matured over the years I find that I am more comfortable with a candidate that is more balanced and more inclusive of all. Even those tend to be hard to find outside the two main political parties.

As an independent I can see Obama as more of an independent candidate. Sure he tows just the right Democ lines, but he seems to be for the well being of a larger population than any others I am aware of. Perhaps him being a Democrat is a necessary evil for him. Who knows? But given the choices at this crucial time in our history, after the dismal failings and self serving looting of our government by that other party, I'm at the point where I feel I need to pick the one of the two possible candidates that will do the most positive for the most people, the ordinary people, and not just the corporations.

I've followed Ralph Nader over many years and could not in good conscious vote for him. If enough others were as familiar with his career as much as I am, ex. "Unsafe at Any Speed", I don't see how that many would be so in favor of his philosophy of saving us from ourselves. Sounds too much like the Repubs just by a different label. That said I do not thing Ralph is good enough.

Just because someone is an independent, or outside the two party system, does not automatically make them the best choice. Someone within the two party system can be the best choice for a given time and circumstance regardless of their party. Perhaps if we make it a habit of voting out the incumbents, killing that sad fact that incumbents more often keep their job just because they are the incumbent, the politicians find they really will be held accountable. The politicians will realize we the people are really paying attention.

But that is probably the root of the problem. Most of us are not paying attention. We keep ourselves or allow our selves to be distracted by so much other stuff that we are not really watching what our elected officials are doing. We are not watching who they are really serving. Most wait until it is time to elect again and then they/we leave ourselves vulnerable to the ads and propaganda the one with the most money can buy. We maintain our sheep status and allow ourselves to be herded to and fro according to the "sheppard" shouting the loudest or pushing the hottest buttons at that time. That is exactly how we've ended up with the last eight dismal years and that party is trying to do it again. That so many people are confused after such recent history simply amazes me but also proves to me what short memories, how short sighted and how disengaged so many people can be.

Although I find the basic philosophy of the Libertarians appealing, to imagine how many ordinary people would be left out and vulnerable a sudden change to the policies they might govern with is increasingly scary to me. I have voted Libertarian in the past. (Sorry Al. Even if you didn't invent the internet, I and many others should have voted for you! LOL)

Ross Perot seemed like an excellent candidate and had grown an impressive following. His ideas seemed workable. Practical. Then he dropped out. Then he dropped back in. Then... I realized he didn't know what he wanted so I certainly didn't want him.

As for Bob Barr... I live in Georgia. So he was one of "our" guys when he was in Congress. I wasn't too thrilled with him then. But I'll admit I have been somewhat impressed by some of the pieces he's written and had published in the AJC. But has he really changed his stripes? Or is he just seeing this as an opportunity to keep his name out there on a national stage? I don't know yet.

But I feel there is hope for independents. Jesse Ventura proved that. I was hopeful that he had started a trend. That people would not be so afraid to support someone outside the two party system. Maybe that time has yet to come. Hearing some of the interviews with Jesse after his governorship makes me think I'd probably have supported him for president. Or maybe not.

As for now, I can see good candidates towing a "two party line" so as to have the better chance in getting the opportunity to lead our nation to a better place. Not unlike a good singer-songwriter opting for country music over rock and roll or a good race car driver opting for nascar over formula one. I see that now.

We have a candidate who has run a relatively clean race. His opponent has resorted to character assassination but he has largely refrained for a "change." To me that shows real character. Character that is difficult to maintain in today's political environment. And his ideas and ideals seem to include more ordinary people than his primary opponent.

I would suggest that we not let the "two party system" blind us to good candidates. There so many factors to consider in any given election cycle that we really must pay attention in between the cycles. We can't let any candidate, independent or not, to only influence us when they are trying to get elected. I think that if enough of us pay attention in between, the "two party system" will eventually become obsolete. Patience!
 episodeiv
Msg: 509 (view)

Over for Mccain?
Posted: 10/28/2008 5:27:20 AM
Quick, bank right! Bank to starboard!! Maybe more will fall off the right wing!!!

Can you hear it? Do you smell it? I think I do! The sizzle of the eggs and bacon. They're almost done. As are McCain/Palin. (Breakfast analogy.)

It's almost time to start enjoying the next four years of recovery under an Obama administration.

If you haven't voted yet do get out and vote! Please!! No matter who you vote for. No matter who you think will win. Show the world that the citizens of the U.S. are serious about choosing their leader. Even if we differ on who that leader should be, we can at least come together as a nation and cast our votes.

Wait, is that a Klingon Bird of Prey coming over the mountains of North Georgia?

I'm ready for it!

episodeiv
Msg: 70 (view)

In Light of the Neiman Marcus Bill...
Posted: 10/27/2008 5:45:50 AM

It's all kinda crazy though considering the millions of dollars that have been and are being spent to land a job that only pays $400,000 per year.

Not really, if you think about it. How much has Cheney made? How much has Halliburton made? Politics pays, and it pays well.

So true. It is not so much what the individual will make. Not the salary of the office. It is, sadly, so much more about what all the friends and business associates can make and by extension, what the office holder can profit from in the future. The past eight years is an excellent example of that. A terribly blatant example.

No doubt there are some higher up Obama supporters who hope to profit from he and his group getting the White House. But the group Obama represents as a whole does sincerely include Joe and Jane sixpack/plumber and the opportunities available to them. The focus is not centered around the top echelons and how much money Joe and Jane sixpack/plumber can make for those who are already well off.

The Repubs represent more of the group who have been living off, siphoning off the labors of Joe and Jane sixpack/plumber and padding their own and their friends bank accounts. The slip up on the clothes purchase is just one small smigeon of that difference in philosophy. Do as I say, not as I do. Give me your money, we know how to spend it better. Be fearful of the Democs or independents as they want to tax the monies we made off of and siphoned off of Joe and Jane sixpack/plumber and reward them for their efforts.

Wake up people! Smell the coffee!!!
 episodeiv
Msg: 476 (view)

Over for Mccain?
Posted: 10/26/2008 6:34:22 PM

You perceive McCain a hero

Obama is a hero of a different kind. He is risking his life and his family for a chance to help his country and his fellow citizens. That is something he doesn't have to do at this time for any other reason than whatever it is that compels him to do so from within.

McCain was following orders from superiors when he achieved his "hero" status. Being put into such a situation by others is one thing. McCain was thrown into the situation that made him the hero that many consider him to be. To be there was his job and part of the risks. He certainly did do well considering the circumstances.

On the other hand, to put yourself into a situation when you totally don't have to be there and do what needs to be done regardless of the risk is another situation. Like Colin Powell, Obama could have decided at some point a couple of years ago that he did not want to risk himself or his family for such a job as he is seeking now. But he did decide and he is doing it. And he is doing it very well.

Obama is probably risking much more than any other candidate in his bid for the White House in large part because he is... black. He is not a hero because he is black. He is an American hero because he is risking so much more and taking that extreme risk for the greater good. He doesn't have to take such a risk but he is doing it anyway.

That is the kind of hero that made this country what it was in the 20th century. That is the kind of hero we need more of in the U.S. for the 21st century.

McCain is a 20th century hero. We've already had a 20th century guy playing president for the last eight years and look where that got us. Of course he was no hero by any stretch of the imagination either. And so much of the damage that joker has done was done with 20th century thinking and ideas. Sadly, that is also what John McCain is offering.

As we are living in the 21st century now, we need a 21st century hero. Obama is a 21st century hero. I support for Obama as the best choice to lead the United States into the 21st century.

episodeiv
Msg: 68 (view)

Posted: 10/26/2008 5:57:17 PM

18K a month ain't that much....

Except for the millions who make less than that per year. And a good portion of those the McCain campaign is trying to convince to vote their way. Makes sense to me. Or is that cents?

It's all kinda crazy though considering the millions of dollars that have been and are being spent to land a job that only pays $400,000 per year.

episodeiv
Msg: 64 (view)

Posted: 10/25/2008 6:09:38 PM

Those who donated to the McCain campaign are sadly realizing they got fleeced. Tough and "Ha Ha" is all that I can say.

Care to source this, or is it just more muddy run off..? At the mouth, that is.

GOP donors critical of Palin's pricey threads
The Republican National Committee’s $150,000 investment in Sarah Palin’s wardrobe has prompted some teeth gnashing among the party’s big donors about its political sensibility and a feisty debate among campaign finance specialists about its legality.

“As a Republican Eagle and a maxed-out contributor to McCain’s general campaign, I’d like my money back – he can still have my vote,” complained one irate donor on Wednesday.

“I’m not one who says a candidate shouldn’t wear fine clothes,” he added. “I’d just like to think they were successful enough in the private sector to have afforded their wardrobe with their own money, not the party’s or the campaign’s, which is really our money as contributors.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14840.html

How's that?
 episodeiv
Msg: 54 (view)

Posted: 10/25/2008 12:02:20 PM
Elite and elitist are not the same thing. There is no question that Obama is amongst the intellectual elite. He is a very VERY smart man, on the other he doesn't any aversion to speaking to common people, and he certainly hasn't historically secluded himself from others. Intellectual elitists don't usually work as community organizers, because they usually think that the community as a whole isn't worth organizing.
Excellent point!

Other than grabbing at straws, anything to try and paint opposition as undesirable, the McCain campaign and GOP are trying to tell us that we really shouldn't have such a smart guy in the White House? Hey, you tried that now for the past eight years. Where did that get you? In the bottom of the pickle barrel with few pickles left but most all the vinegar.

I want a smart guy, an intellectual guy (or gal) in the White House. The smarter and more intellectual the better as long as they also have the ability to listen to others, experts in their respective areas and make good judgements accordingly. Smarter than me? More intellectual than me? That's just fine. That's better in fact. I can't see myself as president with all the challenges one faces at home and around the world today. McCain and Palin just don't have it. Obama's the guy for now.
 episodeiv
Msg: 47 (view)

Posted: 10/25/2008 7:02:26 AM
I think this helps explain why this has become such a big deal:

The business of primping and dressing on the campaign trail has become fraught with political risk in recent years as voters increasingly see an elite Washington out of touch with their values and lifestyles.

In 2000, Democrat Al Gore took heat for changing his clothing hues. And in 2006, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) was ribbed for two hair styling sessions that cost about $3,000.

Then, there was Democrat John Edwards’ $400 hair cuts in 2007 and Republican McCain’s $520 black leather Ferragamo shoes this year.

A review of similar records for the campaign of Democrat Barack Obama and the Democratic National Committee turned up no similar spending.

But all the spending by other candidates pales in comparison to the GOP outlay for the Alaska governor whose expensive, designer outfits have been the topic of fashion pages and magazines.
Excerpt from... http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14805.html

And also...

This isn’t the first time eyebrows have been raised over the price of McCain-Palin fashion. In July, the Huffington Post had a field day with reports that John McCain wore $520 Ferragamo loafers. And in September, Vanity Fair said that Cindy McCain had worn about $300,000 to the Republican convention — $3,000 for an Oscar de la Renta dress and hundreds of thousands more for the diamonds and pearls that went with it.

Rothman estimated that Michelle Obama’s usual campaign outfits are worth about $2,000 each. Barack Obama accepted the Democratic presidential nomination in a custom-made Hartmarx suit, and the Chicago Sun-Times says he’s bought five more of them since. Retail price: about $1,500 each.

The Obama campaign says that “neither the Obama campaign nor the DNC have ever bought clothes for any of the Obamas or the Bidens.”
Excerpt from...
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14844_Page2.html

So basically, the Obama/Bidden participants are outfitting themselves as s.o.p. (or standard operating procedure) which makes sense as both are and have been in the public eye for some years now. Being "dressed for success" is just a part of their jobs and they handle it. And they both have a slight advantage perhaps in that they are both in the senate, in the public/international stage, already so they already were dressing the part.

The McCain/Palin participants seem to need "outside" help with their appearance. But both McCain and Palin are already public figures and have been for some years as well. In addition to the large expenditure, the big difference is that they and/or their handlers feel they need serious outside help with their appearance on the public stage.

I guess it just takes a lot more effort and financial resources to make an old politician and a pit bull/hockey mom with lipstick/state govenor look presidential. Perhaps that's the costs of mavericks.

Do we really need such self-proclaimed mavericks to lead a nation with severely questionable economic/financial stability when it takes a small fortune just to make them presentable to the public and the world?
 episodeiv
Msg: 417 (view)

Over for Mccain?
Posted: 10/25/2008 5:23:54 AM

“The cake is baked,” agreed a former McCain strategist. “We’re entering the finger-pointing and positioning-for-history part of the campaign. It’s every man for himself now.”

A circular firing squad is among the most familiar political rituals of a campaign when things aren’t going well. But it is rare for campaign aides to be so openly participating in it well before Election Day. --excerpt from the article Blame game: GOP forms circular firing squad, POLITICO, 10/23/08

It seems the McCain campaign is imploding in on itself.

Let's see, "The cake is baked," and "A circular firing squad...." (That'd be a bake off at an F Troop reunion analogy?)
 episodeiv
Msg: 28 (view)

Posted: 10/24/2008 12:12:54 PM

Palin advisors tell Fox News that a portion of the over 150,000 dollars spent on clothing for Sarah Palin and her family were returned after the Republican National Convention. When asked why such a large amount was spent on clothing the advisors responded that different sizes and styles were bought for Palin to try on and possibly wear and that everything that “could be returned was (returned).” Clothes that were not worn or tailored for Palin were returned to the stores after the RNC.

So is this the buy the big screen tv the day before the superbowl, set it up, try it on, er, out, then return it after the game ploy? Now that's integrity!

As another stated earlier, she's a governor of a state but doesn't have the clothes to look professional? She's been a governor now for how long but doesn't have a presentable thing to wear for her kids? She's been a beauty queen but doesn't know how to dress herself?

But McCain's Oct. 1-15 filing showed that the campaign paid $22,800 to Palin's traveling stylist, Amy Strozzi, an acclaimed celebrity makeup artist. In contrast, McCain's foreign policy adviser, Randy Scheunemann, was paid $12,500, the report showed.

It's easy to see where the priorities really are.
 episodeiv
Msg: 403 (view)

Over for Mccain?
Posted: 10/24/2008 12:01:32 PM
Are we line dancing now? (All puns intended.)

Please y'all, let's not resort to personal attacks. We are discussing McCain and his campaign, not each other.

Do you think it is over for McCain or not?

The fat lady hasn't sung yet. But I think I can hear the tune she is rehearsing more and more these days as the election draws nearer. (Opry analogy.)
 episodeiv
Msg: 402 (view)

Over for Mccain?
Posted: 10/24/2008 11:43:55 AM
Sorry, McCain is toast! (Breakfast analogy.)

I've already voted... On the facts, on the experience, on the record.
 episodeiv

Posted: 10/24/2008 6:55:45 AM
Maybe they should all campaign naked...

Interesting concept. However, taking generalized gender and racial stereotypes into consideration, most the men might vote Republican and most the women might vote Democratic. That is, if John and Joe spends most of their time behind a podium and Sarah and Barrack stay out front. And if Sarah doesn't open her mouth. Then the election would be determined by the gender divide and which gender makes the bigger turn out.

Interestingly, it seems the Republican campaign is being run on just such simplistic ideas as above. Make it about looks, assassinating the opponent's character and skirting the issues and everyone will want to vote their way. Come to think of it, the last two presidential elections were largely won that way. Scary!

Considering the seemingly lofty price of the wardrobe expenditures, whether you put a $5.00 skirt or a $1,000.00 skirt on a pit bull, she's still going to look like an out of control pit bull. Especially when she opens her mouth again.

And I agree that this topic is relevant since it was already brought up in earlier campaigning by the party of the other side.
 episodeiv
Msg: 377 (view)

Over for Mccain?
Posted: 10/23/2008 3:41:13 PM
Is it over for McCain?

Not yet but his goose is cookin'. (Holiday dinner analogy.)
 episodeiv
Msg: 335 (view)

Over for Mccain?
Posted: 10/20/2008 7:05:39 PM

Yes, Republicans should be very afraid McCain has lost especially in light of this news:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/10/13/howard-stern-exposes-why-so-many-people-support-obama

And it isn't even about race..

That is not so unusual when you consider how many people, when questioned on the street, don't even know who occupies the White House at the moment. The good point is that, for whatever reason, right or wrong, those interviewed are supporting Obama. So they are making the correct choice regardless.

McCain is so fried. (cooking analogy)
 episodeiv
Msg: 323 (view)

Over for Mccain?
Posted: 10/20/2008 5:29:45 AM

What does he mean by, "As a cold political calculation, I could not be more pleased."?
He sold his soul to the devil, er, uh Republicans and realizes the gamble he made. But he is still man enough to take responsibility for his decision. He can feel the cold breath of the reaper on his neck.

McCain should have been an independent years ago. Instead he crawled in bed with the Repubs and that bed is now full of bed bugs, lice and scorpions. (An uncomfortable, itchy bed analogy.)

McCain knows it is over for McCain.
 episodeiv
Msg: 322 (view)

Over for Mccain?
Posted: 10/19/2008 5:13:58 PM
COLIN POWELL ENDORSES BARACK OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT

Is anyone really surprised at this news?

Me, me! I didn't know rumors were circulating. I first heard on my way to work this morning that it was a possibility. I thought it would be awesome if Colin Powell would endorse Barrack Obama.

But I also remembered how Colin Powell destroyed his career, character and integrity by towing the line with King George's administration. Colin Powell is an obedient soldier. A company man. He followed orders even if he disagreed with them. I remember thinking there seemed to be a disconnect in Powell's presentation to the U.N. while making George's case. Colin Powell did not look like a happy camper. Even the slide show of recon photos was not convincing at all to me. They did not seem to definitively support such conclusions as were being sold. And as it turned out, they did not. So it seemed he has been in virtual hiding since.

I think Colin Powell endorsing Barrack Obama is akin to him signing the death warrant on the McCain campaign. McCain's campaign will continue to the end but the swing of voters away from him will seal his fate in this election as long as they don't just stay home.

So it could very well be over for McCain now.
 episodeiv
Msg: 306 (view)

Over for Mccain?
Posted: 10/18/2008 9:12:34 AM
McCain is definitely sweating it. You couldn't tell that by all the blinking in the last debate? Or was he trying to fight back the tears?

Seriously, I think it's the turn to Karl Rove tactics that is the most telling. If McCain was true to himself, or at least the self he claims to be, he wouldn't be using them. To do otherwise hints of a possible lapse of integrity.

To be true to himself McCain should be running as an independent. Instead he has sold his soul to the Republicans.

I like McCain and have a lot of respect for him. He would have made a much better president eight years ago. His 20th century recipes are not what we need now in the 21st century.
 episodeiv
Msg: 300 (view)

Over for Mccain?
Posted: 10/18/2008 7:59:23 AM
It's not over 'til it's over. That is why Obama is cautioning his supporters to not get complacent. He knows that it wouldn't take too many complacent supporters, thinking his election is a sure thing, to not show up to vote and thus losing him the election.

I do think McCain's increasing campaign negativity and trying to put more emphasis on character assassination than issues is a sure sign that he is feeling the heat in the kitchen. McCain seems to be getting more desperate and was showing it in the last debate.

To continue with the kitchen metaphor, Obama's pot is boiling over, as it should be, and he is cautioning his supporters not to be too hasty to turn the heat down.

I've already voted so I can only wait and see now. And encourage other's to vote too. Preferably a vote for the candidate to be the first truly 21st century president for the U.S. He'll sure have a messy kitchen to start cleaning up after the 20th century crooks, er, cooks.

I am saddened that so many of my fellow citizens are hot button voters still ripe for manipulation vs. intelligent consideration of the facts available. But if it takes a hot button like the economic crash, that could be seen coming for years, to get a 21st century leader elected then I'm for it.

It's not over for McCain yet. I hope it will be come Nov. 4th though. We don't need another 20th century cook.
 episodeiv

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
Posted: 10/18/2008 6:00:48 AM
It depends on the situation and circumstances. Sometimes it fits. But often it just polarizes a group and potentially adds to the problem at hand or leads to more problems sooner or later because of the trap it can put others in. I decided that people who rely on these divisive statements too much are trying to be more of something they are not... a good leader. A good leader doesn't have to rely on bully statements like this. I've had a boss like that. You could almost tell which book he was reading at the time by the cliches and adages he was using. One of his favorites, "Whatever it takes."

I agree more with Ghandi. Now he was a wise guy! As was Lao Tzu.
 episodeiv
Msg: 15 (view)

My friend
Posted: 10/17/2008 8:17:32 AM
OP it seems you want your cake and eat it too. Perhaps you should focus more on figuring out what it really is that you want and want to do. Maybe spend more time with B.O.B. while you are figuring. Then start taking action to get whatever it is you really want.

I'm guessing there are a bigger variety of people around Pittsburgh than you are recognizing. You just have to get out into those other circles. Circles where the guys are focused on other things. They've got to be there somewhere. You have to look in different places.

Remember... no matter who you are or where you are... there you are. Whatever problems you have now you are likely to take them with you to whatever place you go to.
 episodeiv

How to pleasure a man orally
Posted: 10/17/2008 6:25:30 AM

Smoke a cigaret while giving him a bj. Most guys won't admit it but it drives them wild.

Uh, no! I'll gladly admit it, as a nonsmoker this would be a major turnoff. I would be driven wild to get away.

Otherwise, some really great advice here. Now if I can just find that enthusiastic woman I've been looking for. haha!

episodeiv
Msg: 24 (view)

Things that inspire you to believe...
Posted: 10/17/2008 5:11:23 AM

"I could have murdered him a few times," she said. "But divorce him? Never!"

I've met a few older couples like that. That is commitment!

Show ALL Forums