Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Why do black men have such a bad name?
 Mominatrix
Msg: 19 (view)

Why do black men have such a bad name?
Posted: 3/27/2013 10:39:39 PM
Speak for yourself, nobody that has a professional career can get away with poor grammar.

Why would anyone want to get away with poor grammar and spelling?

When I see something like that, I know that particular person probably does not value things that I value. Education, lifelong learning and curiosity, or just plain accuracy. To me, it's a sign that they are probably not going to want to hang out with my geeky self.

And honestly, when you are dating online you are representing yourself in a textural genre. It behooves you to remember this. If you are too lazy to use spell check, or capitalize what should be (and capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse), it's perhaps likely that you aren't willing to expend much effort to win and keep someone.

I don't discriminate against anyone, but often I find that cultural differences are difficult to overcome.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 161 (view)

What do women really want?
Posted: 11/17/2012 3:53:19 PM

Agreed: Women don't know what they want. They say one thing but their actions say another. I've seen that consistently.

It's a catch 22 for women in the entire dating scene. If you find a guy that you really like, you tell him and he scampers away. You try to be a bit more aloof and he splits.

We don't know what we want? Got a mirror?
 Mominatrix
Msg: 13 (view)

Social Standards applied here...
Posted: 11/17/2012 3:50:25 PM
While kicking around the forums, I have met some really incredible people. Smart, funny and great to know. Just for that it's been totally worth it.

I have made a lot of friends here, but only friends. I have been forcibly groped and treated poorly when I have tried to date here.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 58 (view)

Sex too soon
Posted: 10/24/2012 7:50:38 PM
I have a rather interesting view on having sex on a date.

I see it as a risk/reward ratio. I risk my health, my feelings, my reputation, how my kids view me... for someone that might just want to have sex with me and discard me. And frankly, sex with someone that you don't have an emotional connection with, is rarely the kind of sex that makes it worth that kind of risk. If someone doesn't really care about you, they aren't going to go that extra mile to make it worth the time. So, I might be taking a risk for some pretty lousy sex.

I am not even attracted to someone until I get to know them reasonably well. I have never looked at a man and had the urge to bone down with him. This is not to say that I dislike sex in any way or that I am a prude. I am just who I am and I know who I am.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 54 (view)

CALI LOVE
Posted: 8/6/2012 8:31:43 PM
You know... our last gubernatorial election was heinous for me. I hated the Republican choice, but I remembered Jerry Brown from the last time he was in office. Nothing he says or does surprises me in any way, matter, shape or form. He did well in Oakland, but a city is a lot different to run than a state is. There is a lot of ****ing about Prop 13, but freezing property taxes has allowed those on fixed incomes to stay here and avoid losing their homes. This would have further damaged the economy.

California's schools, depending on the surveying body, are now about 47th or 48th out of 50 and this is showing up in a much DUMBER social environment.

Well, I would argue that the dumbing down of California schools has had more to do with the high illegal alien population, resulting in a student body that has a high level of students that are ESL. That is going to cut into your standardized testing like crazy. And it's not really something that you can do anything about. Also, schools are overloaded by illegal aliens that breed at a much higher rate than the rest of the population. More kids, with less language skills. Also, budget cuts to education have resulted in services to high achieving students and the arts being cut because their isn't enough money to go around. We lack the kind of infrastructure for uncontrolled immigration.

I am not even going to start my rant about science and math education in the primary and secondary levels. That just drives me insane. Grrrrr.

I actually have more of a beef with the immigration policies from a public health perspective. When a person applies for citizenship to the US, they have to be sponsored and checked out physically before they get here. Sponsorship makes them less of a drag to the already completely overloaded uninsured medical system. The upswing in the cases of TB has been a problem, as has the appearance of the antibiotic resistant TB. And when people who are infected can just wander around and infect others... it's a huge problem.

Issues facing California, such as the growth of the government machine that occurred during the tech boom that is now being maintained at previous levels. When the tech bubble burst... companies went out of business resulting in less of a tax base. Tech companies that survived, began outsourcing their technical support and customer service, resulting in less jobs. So, even tech companies that survive here, are not contributing by providing jobs that might pay a living wage.

Manufacturing has fled California like crazy, and in a state with easy access to shipping facilities and a great cargo rail system? More results of outsourcing. This is a problem for the blue collar community that is neither college educated, nor is capable of finishing a college level education. One thing that I learned working in tutorial services... is that not everyone should aspire to matriculate. So if you learn a trade, there isn't a guarantee that you will ever be able to ply it. The movie industry, doesn't bother to film here anymore. That has been a big hit to the LA metro economy.

I'm preparing to move to Washington state, despite the gloomy winters, because I don't think CA is worth paying 100% higher rents to live in.
Well since the real estate bubble has collapsed, you should be able to afford to buy here.

As a Native Californian... I have seen the Golden State become the plastic state. However, I will say that the air quality has improved vastly since I was a kid.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 21 (view)

The Privatization of Science
Posted: 8/5/2012 1:36:14 PM

Cancer research is a prime example of what I'm talking about. Cancer is BIG money all the way around, so finding a cure is the farthest thing from the cancer industry's mind. That human beings are suffering & dying in droves is not their concern; their concern is selling product (at a HUGE markup) to generate shareholder profit and monstrous bonuses that would rival a bank CEO's bonus.

I am afraid that anti corporate sentiment has led you to a confirmation bias. Corporations spend billions to develop next generation antibiotics that cure people. And they have to, because people use antibacterial soaps and gels, or don't finish the run of the antibiotics as prescribed and the pathogens develop resistance to them. All the while giving the human immune system a reason to devolve. Corporations go where the money is, sure. But the money is in prolonging lives, from the medical sector profit perspective. The dead can't pay their medical bills.

There was an article last years in Medical News Today about a strain of AAV2 and it's ability to kill breast cancer cells. Currently, Penn State is researching the pathways that are triggering the death of the cancer cells. You can't just introduce the virus into a patient, because the immune system would work to destroy it. So they need to figure out every step that the virus is taking to eliminate the cancer to help find a allopathic cure. And frankly, the technology to do this has only arrived fairly recently. A lot of research is dependent on new and emerging technology and it's pricey stuff, yet I don't hear you complaining about the cost of the newest electron microscope.

I am all for both private and public sector funding of scientific research. I am for any and all funding of research. But to say that private sector research is bad because it's for a profit motive, is to overlook that government funding of science is prey to the whims of government nitwits that are either listening to big lobbying money or the whims of their constituents that are neither educated enough to understand the science involved and ready to smear some sort of religiously based ignorance all over the issue. For example, stem cell research funding and the barring of it for "ethical" reasons. Look at how long AIDS research was held up courtesy of constituencies and bias against male homosexuals.

No system is perfect. We can only work with what we have.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 26 (view)

How to get back into the ring...
Posted: 8/5/2012 12:58:24 PM

Rejection doesn't bother me- I am a tech geek hybrid so I know I won't be a good fit for too many women. And I kinda know what I am looking for so that will make it even harder.
Don't be so tough on yourself! There are women running around that prefer the geeks, I am one of them. I would much rather have a geek, they tend to not judge my own geeky tendencies. If I had a nickel for every time some man chastised me for using $10 words, I could buy a new car.

You need to think about dating in our age group statistically. Most of the people that are good at relationships are already in one. So a portion of the statistical sampling is going to consist of broken toys. You are going to have to start out confident and devise some sort of reasonable elimination rubric. You need to be a bit observant going in and make sure that you aren't too busy looking at the cleavage and miss the red flags.

You might think that you know what you want, but if you approach something with a laundry list of deal makers/breakers you might as well just save your money and buy a sex robot. A lot of the success in making a relationship work is realizing that some weaknesses that you see at the surface, might just be the price of admission to something excellent. It's important to love the imperfect, perfectly.

In your profile... it says you are looking for women with a high IQ, but let me tell you that my experience in the chess community has taught me that some people that are really smart can be really nutty. My experience in dating has told me that sometimes really intelligent people tend to think too much. While that doesn't sound bad when you hear it, they can think their way right out of a relationship while examining possible permutations. So, it's better to look for someone with a lifetime love of learning/intellectual curiosity rather than making a blanket statement.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 18 (view)

Fishies: what is the sexiest thing a Man/Woman could do?
Posted: 7/31/2012 6:43:58 PM

I can do MN accent...

Yah?
 Mominatrix
Msg: 50 (view)

Speculating on the edge of Cosmology/Quantum Theory
Posted: 7/28/2012 1:54:12 PM
I find the Heisenberg's uncertainty principle throws a monkey wrench into the concept that nothing comes from nothing. If a system can never has zero energy and since energy and mass are equivalent, then almost anything is possible. Nothing is unstable and it's not really nothing, because even the empty space weighs something.

What I am finding mentally stimulating is the spectral evidence of simple amino acids contained in cosmic gases. This simplifies the question of how DNA developed. While certainly not explaining it specifically, it's the beginning of a journey.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 16 (view)

My boyfriend is still married
Posted: 7/18/2012 3:48:11 PM
Girlfriend, time for you to dig deep and find your dignity.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 52 (view)

Women and Sex
Posted: 7/18/2012 3:45:29 PM

I just am not sure it is fair of anyone to be judged for their choices

Choices are really one of the only things that it is fair to judge people on! Things like body type, height, looks, race... all of those are subject to hereditary factors and pretty much out of their control.

Masturbating is not the same as having sex, I don't how good you are at it.

I am good enough at it to not want to put up with a lot of crap from a bunch of men.

I just can't believe in this day any age people are still feeling that this is ok that one sex and not the other, regardless of ratios.

I don't believe that I intimated in any way that I wanted to be involved with some sort of manwhore. As a matter of fact, it's pretty important to me that men that I get involved with, share my values. If a man is promiscuous, I don't want anything to do with him.

So if I judge, I judge both ways equally.

Masturbating relieves the tension, but does not give the physical connection of sex. I would never go out and just have sex with just anyone.

I don't want to have any sort of physical intimacy with someone that I hardly know, or do not genuinely like and respect. I don't even want a hug from them. Physical contact in my book, should have meaning and true affection behind it. Just one woman's opinion.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 11 (view)

I need a female's opinion
Posted: 7/15/2012 4:42:06 PM
“Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid.” --George Carlin
 Mominatrix
Msg: 8 (view)

I need a female's opinion
Posted: 7/15/2012 2:50:15 PM
>Women are famous for doing this since the begining of time. Get used to it buddy. I think they call it something special like "womens prerogative" to make it seem special and privileged,. Its not. They are just wishy washy. Fickle would be a better term.

Maybe if someone wasn't such an incredible sexist pig, and not bitter about things that had happened to them... they would have better luck finding a relationship with someone.

Cowboy, I am ashamed of you. Really.

There are people that are fickle and change their minds on a dime. There are just as many males that do silly things like this as there are females. One day they are all about a woman and the next day they have completely lost interest for whatever reason.

How about you not come to the "AskAGirl" forum and offend the people that are being asked the questions here. How about you stick to "AskAGuy" and think about what an incredible nitwit you just came off as.
 Mominatrix

Women and Sex
Posted: 7/15/2012 2:30:00 PM
It's kind of odd, but I see it this way.

As a woman, if what I wanted to do was to get laid... all I would need to do is take a shower, head downtown and even using a rudimentary selection process I could be in bed with someone in under an hour. It's like shooting fish in a barrel, not a challenge at all.

Whereas if a man wants to go out and find someone to have sex with, he has to be reasonably charming and impress women to the point where they are willing to have sex with him. I feel kind of sorry for straight men, they must look at some of the rampant promiscuity going on in the male homosexual community and be jealous. Men would do that if they could (and it is sort of a biological imperative), but they can't because most women won't.

In economics, value is tied to rarity of a particular item. For men, actually finding women to have sex with is much, much harder (i.e. more rare). For women, it's not too hard to do (i.e. not rare). Therefore a man that gets lot of sex, expends more effort and his efforts are lauded. It's as if they are bringing a large rare diamond to the table, when a woman is just bringing a pile of granite.

I see sex as a risk/reward ratio. Should I want to just get a lot of sex, I take on risks. There is the risk of the loss of reputation, the risk that my kids are going to think that their mom is a whore. There is the risk of diseases, and don't think that a condom is going to protect you from them 100%. And if I am just sleeping with some random dude who doesn't really care about me, how good is the sex going to actually be? So, I am taking on a rather sizable risk for a not guaranteed reward.

As far as I am concerned, you can have sex with anyone you want, anytime you want. I don't really care.

But many women who do that often engage in that behavior for the wrong reasons. They are insecure and looking to validate their worth in a way that is really not particularly effective. If a guy wants to have sex with you, you don't have to be hot, you just have to be available. If you want to be valued for your sexuality or are just really bad at masturbating, have at it.

I prefer my worth to be based on who I am, or what I do, rather than just being an available and willing.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 2 (view)

Fishies: what is the sexiest thing a Man/Woman could do?
Posted: 7/14/2012 5:45:05 PM
Think.

It's pretty simple, but sadly many people do not bother to do it.

Think before you speak, think before you do something, think before you act.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 342 (view)

Statements in profiles that make you say NEXT!
Posted: 7/8/2012 9:57:52 PM
When guys seem to feel that it's necessary to talk about sex in their profiles before they have even met you in person...

Augh!
 Mominatrix
Msg: 8 (view)

Dancing in a Techno Club
Posted: 3/9/2010 3:44:38 PM

Wait until she's finished puking up her bad X and then try to strike up a conversation.
Or just wait until she is done puking.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 2 (view)

Am i turning off girls i like when i do this?
Posted: 3/9/2010 3:43:34 PM
You need to work on this... the whole staring at someone and then looking away makes one feel a bit creepy when one is the staree.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 17 (view)

drudgery or delight? love is...?
Posted: 3/9/2010 3:42:20 PM
I sacrificed the VD event planning for a one week vacation camping in Death Valley with my sweetie. It was the practical thing to do.

I don't feel like we need a special day to do something romantic and I also feel like it creates unrealistic expectations.

If women feel like making a big deal of Valentine's Day, it's only fair they celebrate Steak and Blow Job Day for their men. Some of us have Valentine's Day and Steak and Blow Job Day, every day. I feel very fortunate.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 15 (view)

10 Things I've Learned from The Princess Bride
Posted: 3/9/2010 3:37:11 PM
And so Trix is...
 Mominatrix
Msg: 16 (view)

Does online dating make you cynical?
Posted: 3/9/2010 3:35:40 PM
I don't think it's online dating per se... I think the cynicism is bourne of dating in general.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 7 (view)

Blues bars in LA
Posted: 3/9/2010 3:34:34 PM
There used to be a great Thursday night blues jam in Riverside. Not anymore! The owner of the club decided that the fan crowd did not suit the idea he had of an upscale club and did everything to chase away the crowd and eliminate the audience.

It's been a big loss to me, I really enjoyed the music.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 45 (view)

Gov. Moonbeam......... AGAIN???
Posted: 3/9/2010 3:20:40 PM

Jerry Brown. He was once married to Bonnie Raitt. Do the math.
No, he wasn't, he dated Linda Ronstadt. He just recently married his long time girlfriend Ann Gust.

I can't support Brown. When he left office, he passed a law to seal the records of all the governors to follow for 50 years. The First Amendment Coalition has been trying to have the records unsealed for some time now. If a governor wants to eliminate sunshine laws, I don't want him in office.

In case people do not recall, it was the Brown administration that propelled the state into passing Prop 13. He also mishandled the medfly situation which severely affected the produce industry in the state. This was why he lost the senate race to Pete Wilson. He packed the state Supreme Court with judges that wreaked havoc on the state correctional system.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 17 (view)

Whats good for Massachusetts is good for California
Posted: 1/22/2010 12:06:36 AM

She won the primary. She had a 20 point lead in December. Now that she lost, she is a lousy campaigner.
What it takes to win a primary is very different than what it takes to win a general election. This applies to either party.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 110 (view)

Taken in Hand/Head of Household
Posted: 1/21/2010 2:39:18 PM
I have actually been of the belief for a very long time that part of the reason that relationships are tenuous nowadays, is that we are in the non-partner dancing era. When you go to a place with dancing there are dozens of people on the floor looking as if they are having a seizure. A little over a half a century ago, this was not the case.

I went to charm school, and had to go to cotillion as a requirement. I come fully equipped with most dance styles. There is a give and take in partnered dancing. As a lead, a clear idea of where you are going and what you are doing is required. You not only need to know, but you must give clear signals to your partner as to what is to be expected of them by being assertive, not aggressive. If you can't tell the difference between the lead in for a twist turn and do a chaine turn, you are going to fall on your keyster. If you are not clear that you are leading someone to step back, or if you are not paying attention to your lead, you are going to bump into each other. It's complex and it takes repetition to perfect.

I think relationships are more like this than you might think. I know men that don't call back after a date, and then call like a month later, only to be upset to find that their intended partner has moved on. What the hell do they expect?

If a woman does not pick up on the cues that a man in genuinely interested in her, she may be losing out on something great. If she overestimates his lead, she will be discarded for being clingy.

I always recommend that people learn partner dancing. It's good for your heart and good for your head.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 13 (view)

Whats good for Massachusetts is good for California
Posted: 1/20/2010 11:25:15 PM

I'd think that after Coakley's stunning loss in Massachusetts--one reason for which was widespread dislike of the health care bill-- Obama might want to take a more moderate position on that and everything else he's proposing.
I would not be so quick to attribute Coakley's defeat to the health care plan. Democrats admitted that she has not turned out to be the best campaigner.

She referred to former Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Shilling as "another Yankee fan."
When asked what her favorite cream pie was... she replied "banana."
When a campaign supporter knocked down a man, she didn't offer a hand to help him up, she was caught on camera.
On billboards all over Boston, her campaign misspelled Massachusetts.
When asked if she was doing enough to campaign, she replied "As opposed to standing outside Fenway Park? In the cold? Shaking hands?"

Ummm, yes. That what's campaigning is! Knowing your constituents and making them feel as if you are one of them.

So, the Democrats only have an 18 member majority in the senate. This is a larger majority than the last President ever had, when he seemed to be able to do whatever the hell he wanted to do. If they can't get health care through, it's their fault.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 93 (view)

Posted: 1/20/2010 4:21:45 PM

However, men and women are not equal. Until they start putting urinals in homes so women can use them and the toilet seat is no longer an issue for either sex, we are not equal and we do not have equal rights.
Way to trivialize an important issue. Threatened much?
I also think there is a distinct difference between the D/s or M/s dynamic than the traditional household and the two are getting confused.
Exactly KittyBiscuit. It's a whole different world.
When someone entrusts you with authority as a deliberate gift and vote of confidence, it is a very different matter than when she just falls into her assigned role by default and expects you to "take the lead."
On the whole, it's very difficult to find men willing to lead these days. Leading is tough work and interferes with the playoffs.
I would not consider myself a submissive to their standards nor interested in their "bag of tricks" that would be considered BDSM.
You were the one that opened the salvo using those words. Perhaps it might have been better to address traditional gender roles rather than cloud the issue using the wrong vocabulary?

I agree with the idea of traditional gender roles. I have been around and around this maypole with Ace for a long time.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 59 (view)

Posted: 1/19/2010 2:20:49 AM

As far as I am concerned, a true representation of what it would best look like is a dance, sometimes ballroom and sometimes tango.
In those styles of dance, the man leads and the woman must follow.
Procreation on the womans part has nothing to do with a womans orgasm
Given that procreation is optimal in a favorable mucous environment... an orgasm can liquefy the vaginal fluids and allow for better sperm motility. When a woman achieves orgasm, her cervix contracts, causing it to dip in and out of the vagina, this action uptakes sperm.

Interesting to note, that The Talmud requires men to bring their wives to orgasm when they have sexual relations if they want a male child.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 23 (view)

Posted: 1/16/2010 2:32:39 PM

“Alternative labeling – such as “dominance” and “submissive” – only became necessary when men stopped acting like men and started trying to please women by becoming more feminine.
This is a rather androgenic viewpoint. There are men who prefer to be submissive. There is freedom in submission, that comes from many directions. Freedom from responsibility, consequences, decision making, allowing yourself to be free in many ways is easier if someone is controlling your actions. It's a very different type of freedom than what we might generally imagine freedom to be.
Before the age of political correctness, it was generally understood that men behaved one way and women another. When the two genders came together as a couple, they fit like parts of a puzzle to form a whole that was greater than the sum of their parts.
And the gender roles have been shaken up considerably in the last 50 years or so, and perhaps in a way it's a good thing. A women who was left on her own, by either death or desertion, may need to support children and does deserve the same opportunities that a man does to do so.

Housewifery and childrearing have been maligned by both genders to the point where the woman who would choose to stay home, run the house and raise the children is considered almost a lower form of life. When raising the next generation is both difficult and significant work. This is in part driven by the economic policies, which makes it difficult for a single wage earner to support a family. Sociological viewpoints that make divorce a relatively simple and acceptable thing, have not helped.

It seems to have worked out to the male advantage as well. If you read a lot of the forums here, you see men hostile when they divorce women that once stayed home to raise children being a financial drain on them. Women who are career oriented and self sufficient are in demand, rather than a woman that would go out of her way to provide a pleasant home and provide loving support to their spouses.

In much the same way that women cannot "have it all," with regards to a strong, ambitious career track and being a mother with the time to devote to her children, men cannot either. You don't get the woman that is a high wage earner, that is going to sit around and listen to you tell her what to do and when to do it. She is not going to have dinner on the table or be willing to listen to you vent about work at your convenience.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 7 (view)

What does commitment mean to you?
Posted: 1/11/2010 1:00:28 AM
Commitment is when someone puts you in a mental institution, against your will.

Very annoying.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 28 (view)

Women, How Often Do You Wear Tennis Shoes?
Posted: 12/29/2009 12:50:15 PM
Nah, I go by myself and with my significant other... It's a lot of fun.
 Mominatrix

Minimum number of emails before asking for a phone number
Posted: 12/29/2009 8:18:10 AM
Everyone is different. There is no set number, nor will there be.

Don't ask, wait until they offer.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 10 (view)

we talked but she balked on meet-up
Posted: 12/29/2009 8:15:30 AM

It's been a weird kind of correspondace however, i would ask a question or 2 she would answer, than I would ask more questions, and again she would answer. But she never asked me any thing,
Are you hint impaired? She was being civil, nothing more.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 26 (view)

Women, How Often Do You Wear Tennis Shoes?
Posted: 12/29/2009 8:13:27 AM
When I am out geocaching, I wear Keds.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 12 (view)

where do you go after being dumped by the perfect girl
Posted: 12/12/2009 2:11:38 AM
Rather than running around whining about having lost the perfect woman, why not try and figure out why you couldn't keep her before you try another search?

Learn from your experiences before you move on.
 Mominatrix

This is interesting
Posted: 12/12/2009 2:09:15 AM
Sig Sauer M11(P228).
 Mominatrix
Msg: 31 (view)

Would you wear an fragrance named after well known dude?
Posted: 12/12/2009 2:07:05 AM
No Joke, Alan Cumming has a new fragrance.

http://www.cummingthefragrance.com/

Best worn sprayed over the face and neck too, I would wager.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 38 (view)

Favorite version of a song
Posted: 12/12/2009 2:04:34 AM
Devo's version of I Can't Get No Satisfaction over the original Stones. Oddly, Mick Jagger agreed with me.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 169 (view)

Which is the hottest zodiac sign in bed?
Posted: 12/12/2009 2:01:18 AM

I'll go a step further and say women over forty forecast a person based on their zodiac sign moreso than men will.
Well, I dated a guy once that cast my horoscope before he would date me. I find it all a bunch of hooey and think anyone who believes in it is weak minded.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 5 (view)

A question about economics for the ladies.
Posted: 11/29/2009 1:53:12 PM
It's the same reason that some men put how a woman looks in front of who a woman really is. It's because they have their priorities... and perhaps they don't line up with yours or mine.

There is a difference in what happens when you are faced as a spouse with financial problems, as opposed to just dating someone, and there should be. Why should you waste your time and emotions working on issues, if the other person is just in the relationship for sex and good times? Commitment is an entirely different animal.

I think financial responsibility should be put in front of the actual amount. If you lose your job and still spend all your time drinking and clubbing, while not paying your bills, I don't want you around. And perhaps while you are lacking in financial means, this is not the time to be investing in finding a relationship. That is time you could be using working on your financial issues.

I'm less concerned about your finances than about your inability to use paragraph breaks.
Oh, she made my favorites for that comment!
 Mominatrix
Msg: 111 (view)

Why people stick with their own
Posted: 11/29/2009 1:41:28 PM
When someone agrees with you, it releases endorphins in your brain. These are "feel good" neurotransmitters.

I don't see anything wrong with seeking those that share common interests with you... but if you are looking for carbon copies of you that always agree, but technically you are a junkie to the brain chemical rush.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 131 (view)

Why do men want to see revealing pics right away?
Posted: 11/29/2009 1:35:49 PM
I would just be happy if some men didn't send revealing pictures right away!
 Mominatrix
Msg: 99 (view)

Why do men want to see revealing pics right away?
Posted: 11/25/2009 1:59:13 PM

posting pics of oneself in a bra is not the best judgment, it doesn't mean that the person posting the pics is looking for "randy and raunchy" responses.
But it does show that the person posting it, lacks understanding.

Know your audience!

If you are posting half clad photos on a dating site full of horny men, whether you want the salacious attention or not, you are going to get it. To market yourself thus, and then claim it's not the marketing niche you were after is delusional. Do you think that Nobel Prize nominees were going to be wowed by your intellect, rather than your cleavage?
 Mominatrix
Msg: 74 (view)

Woman and Drama
Posted: 11/25/2009 1:50:34 PM

I also think a lot of girls in America aren't taught very well how to handle conflicts. Disputing things in a forceful, persistent, but understanding way, without getting too emotional or being unreasonable, is a skill.
That is an assumption that one way is superior to the other. Is arguing until fisticuffs ensues a good way to handle things?

Both genders are no longer taught by adults how to handle conflicts, they learn from their peers. Probably not the best educational resource.

I meet just as many male "drama queens" as I do females. It's just a difference in genre.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 14 (view)

Down Low.....
Posted: 11/24/2009 10:50:33 PM
I was abducted my aliens once. A group of people I know tried to take me to a Nascar event. It was traumatic.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 54 (view)

Woman and Drama
Posted: 11/24/2009 10:49:13 PM
Drama is a term that is non specific (therefore, bugs the hell out of me) and vastly overused to describe something that one person does not want to listen to, or deal with, but is apparently important enough for the other person to mention.

It's insulting.

Now, histrionics is something drastically different. That's when someone flies off in a fit of some sort when anything isn't going their way. It manipulative and unpleasant.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 3 (view)

Ron Pauls HR 1207. Will your rep sign it?
Posted: 10/12/2009 11:14:21 PM
This has been Ron Paul's passion for a very long time and I happen to agree with him. I have already shot off letters to my representatives... don't know how much good it will do.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 5 (view)

Are there male chubby chasers/BBW lovers in los angeles? Guys and Gals what is your experience with
Posted: 10/12/2009 11:12:46 PM

There are some clubs mostly in Orange County that have dances every week for BBW's. If you Google it you shall see.
There is the Butterfly Lounge, in Costa Mesa. There is also Club Bounce in Long Beach.

Never been to either, so I cannot recommend them. Never saw the need to. I do know people that have gone and liked it a lot.
 Mominatrix

trusting a long distance relationship....
Posted: 10/6/2009 6:04:54 PM

- She lives four hours away (another STATE, actually) and you don't have a phone number for her??? WHY??? Have you even met this girl? Did you drive to AZ, or has she come to Cali? Have you done the horizontal mambo??? You may just be a booty call, cyber sex friend, etc. ... don't know, but its just ODD you are in a relationship but don't have her number.
Umm, yeah!

I am in a long distance relationship, and I have all his numbers. We text and call all the time, which is why the relationship actually works. We spend time together when we can, and we vacation together. It works because we are both busy people, and are secure enough and have the trust to make it work. He travels a lot for work anyway, even if we lived together, I wouldn't see him constantly to begin with.

I am pretty sure her aunt has a phone, most people do. If she has internet, she surely has a phone. It's not as if people in Yuma are living in caves. You say you have been cheated on, well... if you make stupid choices like this, I can see why. If you can't contact her, she is not the person you are dating.

And yes, stay in school.
 Mominatrix

Too much honesty
Posted: 7/13/2009 3:01:18 AM
It's best not to vomit your personal life all over someone when you first meet them, you need to establish a relationship of trust.

Someone who does this, does not have very well defined personal boundaries.

Show ALL Forums