Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Cilantro
 lovefun99
Msg: 12 (view)

Cilantro
Posted: 7/9/2014 10:31:32 AM
I hate cilantro, I must have the genetic marker because it tastes like biting into a bar of ivory soap. When I was a about 12, I lived in southern Mexico for a few years, I have lots of family there and they cooked almost everything with cilantro and could not understand why I would not eat.

Now I just tell the waiters that I am allergic to it....
 lovefun99
Msg: 26 (view)

what's with feigning interest
Posted: 6/26/2014 9:07:13 AM
You were a one night stand.... The sex may have been good but now she is probably moving on to the next one nighter...

Met a few of these types in my past...
 lovefun99
Msg: 8 (view)

Hey good looking, and others, what ya got cooking?
Posted: 6/16/2014 10:12:44 AM
Greek salad stuffed tomatoes

Hollow out some ripe large tomatoes, make a greek salad with small chopped veggies, stuff tomatoes, top with feta cheese and pour greek dressing over the top.

Save tomato innards add onions, garlic a few Serrano chiles some lime juice and cilantro if you like and put in blender for a delicious salsa.
 lovefun99
Msg: 36 (view)

To stay or to go...Conflicting thoughts
Posted: 4/28/2014 10:43:24 AM
What is a BCU facility?

With that long list of gripes, I would definitely end it with her...
 lovefun99
Msg: 113 (view)

We all heard of deadbeat dads-what about deadbeat moms?
Posted: 4/28/2014 10:33:19 AM
She's a deadbeat because she did not want to provide for them in any way, financially and emotionally.

Since when is a 10+ year old car to a working teenager a luxury? It's not like I went out and bought then new BMW's at 15! First car my son got was a 200o Dodge that burned oil like a mosquito fogger, but it was $1,200.00 so I could afford it.

Why do you insist on glorifying deadbeat mothers?
 lovefun99
Msg: 16 (view)

Birthdays with the exgf
Posted: 4/9/2014 9:58:21 AM
let your daughter send the card to the ex's daughter. That cuts the ex out of the situation while repaying a kindness.
 lovefun99
Msg: 41 (view)

Feeling a bit worried about breaking up.
Posted: 4/9/2014 9:33:50 AM
OP is long gone, this is another old post dredged up from the past...
 lovefun99
Msg: 117 (view)

Sloppy Seconds: Acceptable or no? For older daters.
Posted: 4/9/2014 9:30:57 AM

I see Op still has a profile up

Well his post is 8 months old, I guess it did not work out for him....
 lovefun99
Msg: 42 (view)

What did I do?
Posted: 4/9/2014 9:26:56 AM
Annnnnnd Opie is outta here....
 lovefun99
Msg: 19 (view)

First date flop?
Posted: 4/7/2014 12:25:24 PM
He has a girlfriend or a wife. Bullet dodged.
 lovefun99
Msg: 36 (view)

What did I do?
Posted: 4/7/2014 11:52:37 AM
Being diabetic, it may have been during a low blood sugar episode which can make one feel very cranky.

Don't worry too much about it.
 lovefun99
Msg: 111 (view)

Posted: 4/7/2014 11:28:14 AM

So can I ask….what did you accomplish? Was the best interest of the children served pursuing the mother expecting or demanding your desire of financial compensation?
Mine never paid a dime. I figured enabling her to have a home and to have self respect would do more for my children than expecting her to contribute to my house hold expenses.
But then again after 12 years….they also know who will be there for them without question or without expectation.
A dead beat can just as much be a custodial parent as it can be the non custodial parent.

I had a job….I was able to provide for my children without extorting financial resources from my ex enabling her to provide a second home for our children if they so desired.

Of course it sometimes meant less for me but then I never saw my children as a revenue stream like some parents seem to see them as?

What did I accomplish?

As I made significantly less money that the mother, it was a huge benefit to get child support. When my children needed cars, I was able to buy them and pay for their insurance only because of the child support. She would never have provided anything at all for them, she is too selfish.

I don't see how enabling her to have a home and self respect come into play in my situation, she chose not to have ANY contact with her children for 6+ years, how could that do more for my children? There was never an option for her to provide a second home for my children. I do not see how you can call it extortion, she should have wanted to provide for them.

Yes, in the end it served the best interests of my children.
 lovefun99
Msg: 11 (view)

Perfect Basmati Rice
Posted: 3/10/2014 1:03:53 PM
1 +1/2 cups of liquid for each cup of rice up to 3 cups of rice, for 4-6 cups rice reduce total liquid by 1/2 cup.

Bring liquid to a boil, reduce heat to low, stir once, cover with a tight lid, cook for 15 minutes, remove from heat and let it sit for another 5-10 minutes covered. Remove lid, fluff with a fork and serve.
 lovefun99
Msg: 27 (view)

Was I wrong?
Posted: 2/6/2014 6:12:20 AM
Move on, she was stringing you along, also realize that he was divorcing her for a reason.....
 lovefun99

Women/Hot Potatoes
Posted: 11/20/2013 6:37:11 AM
mmmmmm hot potatoes.....

Are you sure that she wasn't cheating on him with you?
 lovefun99
Msg: 103 (view)

Posted: 11/20/2013 6:24:26 AM
My ex was/is a deadbeat mom, I got full parental custody of my children in 03 due to her not sending them to school, neglect etc... Her own mother testified on my behalf.
After our last court appearance she was supposed to have supervised visitation, she scheduled appointments but never showed up. (she lives in Georgia, we live in Florida, it's a 5 hour drive)
She called the kids a couple of times that first year then that was it, no birthday, Christmas cards , presents, nothing for the next 6 years.

I continually had to go to court because she would stop paying support as she moved from job to job and all around the southeast. The court finally told her that the next time she moved to another state to avoid paying support, that it would become a federal case. That scared her into paying support on a more regular basis. She still owes me over 10k in back support. She quit paying again recently as she switched jobs again. My kids are all over 18 now so she does not pay any current support.
My children are in contact with her but have come to realize that she is not the parent they thought she might be.

Here is the kicker: She is a well educated woman who works at high paying jobs as an R.N. She does not have alcohol or drug problems, she is remarried with a 9 y.o. child. She is just very narcissistic.

So yes there are deadbeat moms out there who just don't give a crap about the children they birthed.
 lovefun99
Msg: 7 (view)

Dating and the full time single parent
Posted: 9/3/2013 10:49:57 AM
I just waited until my kids were into their late teens......
 lovefun99
Msg: 52 (view)

Girlfriend of 2 years went out with another guy dont know if she cheated
Posted: 9/3/2013 10:41:47 AM
Trust is broken, move on man, you will find someone else.
 lovefun99
Msg: 7 (view)

Running into my ex.
Posted: 8/28/2013 6:54:59 AM
You're only 25, please move on and realize that it's over between you two!

You need to forget that he even exists and find a man that truly will love and care for you. Don't waste the prime years of your life pining over your first love, it's not worth it.
 lovefun99
Msg: 72 (view)

Children from previous relationship
Posted: 8/28/2013 6:45:28 AM
Wow, you do know you will be the child's parent when you marry him, don't you?
I understand that you feel used, but you do need to be emotionally invested in this child, which, from the sound of things, you are not.

I feel sorry for this poor kid, he, according to you, hardly ever sees his mother, grandma can't handle him, dad has to balance his relationship with his son and his relationship with you. Who is parenting the child?

I would suggest that the father pursue full custody and if you cannot be a loving parent to this 5 year old, I would advise that you move on.
 lovefun99
Msg: 17 (view)

Ladies, please help. Haven't text her in four days, what should i do?
Posted: 8/21/2013 6:52:16 AM
She is seeing someone else and keeping you on the side burner, she, like many other women, don't like to hear what a "nice guy" you are.
 lovefun99
Msg: 8 (view)

One guy likes woman shaved, other doesn't, what to do?
Posted: 8/12/2013 8:11:09 AM

I do hope all involved are aware of your intent to have multiple sexual partners.

x2!!

Wonder what direction this thread would have gone in if it was a man posting this....
 lovefun99
Msg: 84 (view)

Victim of a Mid Life Crisis, How do you recover from it???
Posted: 8/12/2013 6:52:18 AM
Post is from 2011, OP is long since gone.....
 lovefun99
Msg: 10 (view)

Meeting at His House on the First Date. RED FLAG right?
Posted: 7/24/2013 9:31:27 AM
scary that he wants to meet you only in private, major red flag there. What's so hard about arranging a meetup in a public location? Even after you meet, wait until you know him better before going home with him. He sounds really creepy to me....
 lovefun99
Msg: 18 (view)

8 years age difference in relationship
Posted: 7/23/2013 7:01:00 AM
only 31 and making 60-80k a year is average? That's some damn good money for that age, sounds like you have a gold digger mentality. So if his wage is "average" and makes him not worth pursuing, what does that make her with her paltry 20-25k?

SMH
 lovefun99
Msg: 21 (view)

Is there potential or am I filling a void?
Posted: 7/22/2013 7:26:28 AM
You are in the dreaded "friend zone" with no chance of escape, don't ruin things by getting jealous or by pursuing her unless you get your own place first.
 lovefun99
Msg: 24 (view)

first date drama
Posted: 7/16/2013 6:27:05 AM
Why would you even want to remain friends with Mary after she humiliated you in public like that? She seems like a crass , rude individual. You also mention that she always criticizes your love life, that does not sound like a friend to me.....
 lovefun99
Msg: 10 (view)

Need Advice males and females of pof, PLSSSS
Posted: 7/9/2013 7:35:59 AM
Seems like she is an attention seeker, you backed off for a bit and it drove her crazy...

You work with this girl, so unless you plan on switching jobs, I would keep her in the friend zone.

Don't get your honey where you make your money!
 lovefun99

What just happened
Posted: 7/3/2013 8:43:32 AM
next time communicate more with the person you think you're in a relationship with. She also should have made it clear to you that she wanted to play the field. It was a bit(h move on her part to do that in front of you instead of talking to you about her intentions.

In the future, don't get your honey where you make your money!
 lovefun99
Msg: 20 (view)

paula deen
Posted: 6/25/2013 10:47:12 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That said, don't you find it weird that the woman that is suing her and her brother is white?
 lovefun99
Msg: 18 (view)

paula deen
Posted: 6/25/2013 10:10:48 AM
Sad that she is being railroaded for using the "N" word long ago. She was a bank teller and a black man robbing the bank held a pistol to her head. She used the "N" word to describe him..... How dare she!!!!
But it's cool to use that word if you are black, SMH, this is PC gone wayyy too far.
 lovefun99
Msg: 9 (view)

difficulty ejaculating with condoms
Posted: 6/25/2013 9:50:37 AM

she made it clear that we will use condoms - We've been exclusive and have been dating for ~2 months - I've been neutered so there's no concern there and have been tested - she's made it clear that we will use condoms

This bothers me in a lot of ways, if you both have been tested, are clean and have no pregnancy worries, why her insistence on using condoms?

The way I see it is that:
A: She is not that into you and doesn't want increased intimacy.
B: She is having sex with other men.
C: She has an STD such as herpes or HIV and does not want to infect you.
 lovefun99

Now what?
Posted: 6/25/2013 9:42:04 AM
How about sitting down and talk to him about this lack of intimacy that you feel? Do it when the kids are not around and explain how you feel.
Just don't accuse him to his face of being gay. BTW your conclusion that he is gay just because he doesn't ravage you every night is pedantic.
 lovefun99
Msg: 22 (view)

Fridge running cold....ideas?
Posted: 6/20/2013 8:18:57 AM
to ensure a good seal get some Vaseline and apply a thin coat on the door seal, repeat yearly. Not only will it create a better seal, it will also prolong the life of the seal.
 lovefun99
Msg: 23 (view)

Uhm.... yea.
Posted: 6/20/2013 8:14:44 AM
It may be a fellow Tennessee fan in what is Gator country!

Get a cheap web camera and set it up in a window and turn it on when you leave...
 lovefun99

Can't figure her out
Posted: 6/20/2013 7:45:00 AM
WTF people, you are advising this guy to make a move on a girl that has a boyfriend!? Would you give the same advice if it was your girlfriend? SMH

To OP, read my previous post! She has a boyfriend, back off until she is single.
 lovefun99
Msg: 14 (view)

Can't figure her out
Posted: 6/19/2013 8:10:36 AM
Tell her straight up that you cannot see her again until she is single. That means no coffee, car rides, etc... and NO camping trip.
 lovefun99

How do I stop being extremely Jealous and overly insecure?
Posted: 6/13/2013 9:52:35 AM
Sounds like you have had issues with her for a while:

From another post you made a month ago:

Now I am not one to ever go through peoples phones or anything like that. It's a complete and total invasion of privacy and it is wrong. Anyways, this all stemmed from her going out for drinks after school with her TA and the guy that the TA dates who just so happens to be this dude.

She told me about it and this is how it all started. Anyways, as we are sitting on the couch around 10 PM her phone lights up and she gets a text message from the very guy. Now I don't know what it said nor did I confront her about it. I also can't control who decides to text and call her. But part of me just can't get over this and I don't know why.

We literally spend all of our free time together. We buy groceries together, spend weekends together, say our good byes every morning before the work day starts. I'm 28 and she is 26. Now he could have texted her about work who the **** knows. But what I do know is that my girlfriend is a very jealous person.

I am talking like crazy jealous here. She was infuriated with me that I went on a few dates with other women before going on dates with her from the dating site we met on(not this one). Her reasoning was: "They still have your number and call you at any time.". Co-worker or not, I just get the feeling that if the tables were turned and I was the culprit then she would be infuriated with me. We will see how this all pans out.

We're all insecure at times whether we want to admit it or not. Nobody is perfect. I just try to be reasonable and think out my moves before acting on impulse. If I have a problem I confront the person. Would you confront her about getting a text from that dude last night or just let it go and see if it continues?

You also posted about her planning to move to Costa Rica for a year, if you are this insecure now, how are you going to handle a LD relationship with her?

You may want to break it off with her now....
 lovefun99
Msg: 31 (view)

Flirting with a boss
Posted: 6/12/2013 12:52:10 PM

To those of you, who said I have no chance in HR. Common, how do you really think women get ahead in the corporate world? Working hard? I am not exercising this idea because he is so damn cute. I need a job.

not sure if OP is trolling us.......
 lovefun99
Msg: 5 (view)

Egg Whites,,,,Actually..Yolks.
Posted: 6/12/2013 12:42:33 PM
Egg nog! It's good year around and you can serve it at the party!

(Courtesy of allrecipes.com)
INGREDIENTS:
4 cups milk
5 whole cloves
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
12 egg yolks
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups light rum
4 cups light cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
DIRECTIONS:
1. Combine milk, cloves, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and cinnamon in a saucepan, and heat over lowest setting for 5 minutes. Slowly bring milk mixture to a boil.
2. In a large bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar. Whisk together until fluffy. Whisk hot milk mixture slowly into the eggs. Pour mixture into saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes, or until thick. Do not allow mixture to boil. Strain to remove cloves, and let cool for about an hour.
3. Stir in rum, cream, 2 teaspoon vanilla, and nutmeg. Refrigerate overnight before serving.
 lovefun99

Loving a person who turns out to be a verry horrible person
Posted: 6/12/2013 12:17:03 PM

Who said he was a sexual predator?

You did...

He sexually assaulted his girlfriends kids

You were another victim. The things you thought you had in common were just an illusion he created in order to get sex from you.
 lovefun99

Has he changed his mind?
Posted: 6/12/2013 11:52:46 AM
Give the guy a break, he did tell you:

I know he has been super busy with work, he had mentioned this to me when he spent the night that he was going to be very busy on an upcoming project.

Slow down on communicating with him and leave the ball in his court....
 lovefun99

getting my stuff back after a breakup
Posted: 6/12/2013 11:42:31 AM
and the OP has left the room.........
 lovefun99

Custody Battle Because Of New Boyfriend
Posted: 6/12/2013 11:38:46 AM
I know Florida laws, I gained full parental custody of my 3 children and I had barely any contact with them over the previous 3 years, through no fault of my own.

The court will most likely grant shared custody in your case.

In FL the DOR handles child support, they don't care if she withheld visitation as that is a family court matter and does not come under the purview of DOR. I have been to child support court at least 8 times as my ex only pays sporadically, I have witnessed countless cases come before the court in which the parent complained that the reason they stopped paying was that the other parent denied them access to their children and the DOR rep and judge both said that it did not matter, as child support was owed, end of story.

During divorce/custody hearings arrearages can be negotiated.
 lovefun99

Is this weird?
Posted: 6/4/2013 9:30:59 AM
Not weird at all, perfectly normal for his age. 2 out of my 4 kids did steps that way until about 5 years old. My fiance's 4 year old grandson does it too, one day it will click in their head that it's easier to do it one footed.
 lovefun99
Msg: 11 (view)

Custody Battle Because Of New Boyfriend
Posted: 5/22/2013 1:22:28 PM
Dude, get with a lawyer and see if you can get an emergency temporary custody order. Also be prepared to pay back child support going back to the day you split up. All she has to do is ask for it and the judge WILL award it to her.
 lovefun99

I can't lost virginity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 5/22/2013 1:17:01 PM
I sincerely hope that the OP has lost her virginity and is enjoying an active sex life in the 8 years since she posted this!!!
 lovefun99
Msg: 32 (view)

I'm a damn mess-sucked into the drama, need help out. (Long)
Posted: 5/13/2013 9:57:51 AM
Just curious, was there a lot of drama in your marriage? If so, it's your picker that is broken and you need to re-evaluate yourself and figure out why the drama draws you in.
 lovefun99
Msg: 41 (view)

Any advice would be appreciated...
Posted: 5/9/2013 12:23:21 PM
OP, I hope you are using protection, if she truly is what you say she is, I wouldn't be surprised to see you posting on here asking what to do now she's pregnant and doesn't want you any more...
 lovefun99
Msg: 33 (view)

Predator or Paranoid? What are his intentions?
Posted: 5/8/2013 12:54:22 PM
as a single parent, his interest in your children creeps me out. When I dated other single parents it took time before our children ever met me/her, sometimes they never met my children and I did not meet theirs.

I certainly never expressed such interest in other women's children at three weeks in and I love children, would've had more than my 4 if I had the chance!

You can Google him all you want but if he has never been caught yet, then how can there be any record of him being a predator?

My advice is to tread very carefully, if you get a strange vibe from this dude, trust your instincts, better for an adult to have a broken heart than have a child grow up with a broken soul from abuse....

Show ALL Forums