Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Classical Music
 stingo
Msg: 116 (view)

Classical Music
Posted: 4/20/2013 11:04:34 PM

i have to throw tchaikovsky in there, even though 'nutcracker' gets on my nerves.

I've a friend who was a ballerina (retired now) and she can't stand the Nutcracker, having danced it umpteenth times when she was performing.
 stingo
Msg: 115 (view)

Classical Music
Posted: 4/20/2013 10:55:35 PM
I wasn't saying he was underperformed (or unperformed) - just that the concert hall rarely sees his works done. I think the venues you've mentioned are a different case/story. Passions and oratorios are one thing - I was thinking more along the lines of his concerti and suites performed by suitably sized ensembles from chamber orchestras and/or symphonies.
 stingo
Msg: 111 (view)

Classical Music
Posted: 4/6/2013 8:33:45 PM
Wow it's been ages since I've visited the PoF forums and here I stumble on to a classical music thread.
I recently attended a performance of the St. Matthew Passion and it was wonderful. It's unfortunate that Bach does not find his way into the concert hall more often, and the same could be readily said for his contemporaries.

I think internet radio would be a way to make more musical discoveries. I know I have with the public radio stations on the web, but also subscription services like Rhapsody.
 stingo
Msg: 1 (view)

Profile Review Requested
Posted: 6/30/2010 9:11:26 PM
A recent join of PoF, I'd like to have my profile reviewed to improve it. Constructive criticism is always encouraged and appreciated. I tried to find a good balance between explaining what my interests were and hopefully indicating interest in whoever would take the time to read the whole profile. Thanks in advance for replies.
 stingo
Msg: 1 (view)

Philly Orchestra?
Posted: 6/24/2010 3:27:52 PM
As a subscriber, I was wondering if there were any like-minded souls who've left their earprints on Verizon Hall (or the Academy of Music)? So a thread for discussion and possible meetups for the 2010-2011 season. With a new music director (Yannick Nezet-Saguin) it should be interesting as they make the transition from Dutoit, and hopefully avert the shoals of bankruptcy.
 stingo
Msg: 2 (view)

North East PA--whats happening up this way??
Posted: 6/24/2010 3:19:56 PM
The NE Fair is happening right now near Pittston. And while not in the Northeast, I plan to hit the Celtic Fling at the PA RenFaire this weekend.

Show ALL Forums