Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?
 lnitia
Msg: 325 (view)

Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?
Posted: 12/5/2018 9:17:42 PM
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/12/03/female-footballer-wins-historic-award-is-promptly-asked-if-she-can-twerk/23607576/ The harrasment of the #metoo movement is not public displays. While the above spokesperson was chastised greatly- there are no harassment charges. It is way different to have authority figures "bosses, supervisors, instructors, doctors, religious leaders, parents, childcare providers etc" soliciting/pressuring/forcing sexual advances or making unwanted advances" these typically are not happening in front of numerous other people (in public) because it clearly would not be acceptable appropriate and those in authority know this!

I personally do not like anyone to call me out of my name man or woman.It is extremely offensive when customer service representatives call me hun or sweetie, dearie. I have a girlfriend who does it all the time- finally after asking her numerous times to stop, i began utilizing the most sickly, sweet, infantile terms of "endearment" (sic) "baby child, baby girl" for her - she rarely does it now. I also prefer service agents to utilize Ms. or my first name- seems nobody in the world know how to pronounce Ms.: mihzz.

Certainly having intimate (not gross general terms that are interchangeable with any human being) nick-names or terms of endearment/empowerment are enjoyable and fun!
 lnitia
Msg: 5142 (view)

8 Line Poetry Stanzas - Use Last Line 4 First Line
Posted: 12/2/2018 1:26:10 PM
why a bitter past is a force to reckon
angry words, and sweet moments do beckon
collect again; wrap our heart in deken
warming a sad soul, blood tears, coat of skin

Began again, shake the dust from knees: rise
nature calls asking the wise of the whys
hoping we receive answers to our cries
solace found, asking, the turn't away eyes
 lnitia
Msg: 43 (view)

choosing-between casual dating and intimate monogamy
Posted: 12/2/2018 1:07:06 PM
Everybodies' input has been marvelously helpful-I do appreciate it-And offers insight and much for me to consider; in the long talk and decision with/for self.. definitely not acquiring more time in life lol!! None of us get that option! Blessings be
 lnitia
Msg: 470 (view)

A man's actions are the key variable that determines whether a relationship survives or fails
Posted: 12/2/2018 12:54:35 PM
https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/altruism/

Often surrounding death of others- I hear this "well it is important to go to the funeral- because I or another did so much for them- played an integral part in their life" "tried to help them" etc-Sometimes much is heard about the actual dead person or who they were as "having a failure to strive/thrive and embrace all this wonderful help given towards supposed benefit!" There have been many peoples throughout history annihilated/often genocide because the help/conquerors, determined "the Others" as lacking, inferior, etc..???

What one sees as blessing another?? IDK, it i is not for me to judge what is beneficial for another human being?? Certainly I offer what I can to others- but is it for their best interest? That is knowledge/wisdom i have not.. I know i am much more comfortable helping others when they state "i want (to accomplish-attain) said goal rather than I "have to/must/need to/should" accomplish a goal! When I see what I believe is another's need or should- it is time for me to re-evaluate my thinking process:

Y is it my business of other's needs beyond" Food/water/shelter/health"! the rest are "BONUS".. Even these basics, instigates many debates: HEALTH Family planning, birth control, Western medicine, immunizations, holistic care, natural remedies, pharmaceuticals, FOOD many choose specific foods-being vegan is fabulous, but when others are starving to death- why does the vegan believe"everybody" "need"/ "should" quit eating meat? WATER: When millions of people have no clean water-refusing to drink tap water/distilled- ???, SHELTER: Sustainable/ecological housing vs anything, It Goes on and on! Very basic issues, but many of the debates occurring are elite petty concerns, however, IT IS a tenuous tightrope to find sustainable living for over 7 billion people. WOW WOW- World overhaul time!!
 lnitia
Msg: 40 (view)

Posted: 12/1/2018 7:58:19 PM
Yes Fiction and real life important differentiation- from ages 11 to 13 i enjoyed harlequin romances- lol and upon reading my 600th one with same exact story/plotline innocent, naive, broke, moderately pretty (but was not aware of her sexyness)young woman and older, experienced handsome, rich man, meet: instant dislike and tension-ending in spankings/fiery make out sessions/ marriage-maybe full on sex- i bout puked as i threw the book in the trash- and never read another one(puberty lol) stopped believing disney princess stories too, Cinderella is not real-no fairy godmothers or princes trying to find my foot- or wake me from my sleep-ho;;ywood romance, not ever my first choice of movies- much prefer dark European drama with reality based endings.
 lnitia
Msg: 37 (view)

Posted: 11/30/2018 6:21:56 PM

I absolutely do not understand how "sexual tension" could even develop unless both people had mental illness.
too funny Penny!! but diagnosed mentally ill make better personal choices than the "hate sex" lol enough counseling therapy and treatment- but possibly undiagnosed or treated mentally ill- lots of them running around.
 lnitia
Msg: 28 (view)

Looking to date thin petite cute sweet women in Kamloops
Posted: 11/28/2018 6:33:19 PM
Forums are clearly everybody's opinion- you might find this sarcastic too- but forums are opinions, not a place to find dates period.. Occasionally someone from your area might see a forum post- JSYK the forums are basically out of circulation for the dating sight-if on dating app you cannot even choose the forums. Most of us know it is here from years ago and that is how we access it. Many forums have been totally removed the poetry and religion- poetry can still be accessed, but i believe the religion just gone; too much anger and hostility expressed. Good luck fishing and my christmas gift to you is use preferences and search from the dating portion of pof!
 lnitia
Msg: 447 (view)

A man's actions are the key variable that determines whether a relationship survives or fails
Posted: 11/27/2018 6:03:34 PM
Matriarchal DNA- one original source (LUCY) -that has been known for quite some time-as matriarchal DNA is basically fixed and more readily traced- news to me about the "adam" patriarchal DNA: interesting: so i will have to check it out.
 lnitia
Msg: 19 (view)

Looking to date thin petite cute sweet women in Kamloops
Posted: 11/27/2018 6:41:06 AM
Yes a local search from your profile will indeed offer you possible matches- the height and body type can typically be set in your search preferences, and if you aren't sure and no full body pic displayed or shared, be very diplomatic in seeking clarity-as your criteria is extremely superficial/shallow many could be offended and feel like a prize animal rather than a human companion.
 lnitia
Msg: 431 (view)

I Don't Date Muslim, Jewish, or Black Men
Posted: 11/25/2018 1:09:59 PM
My closet emits the most wonderful scent a soft floral musk-once walking through the grocery the smell permeated my senses-i thought it was the detergent aisle but no it wasn't, i kept smelling it, finally i just sniffed my forearm it was me! it is unfortunate when our closet smells of decay and manure-it would be time to leave our boots outside.
 lnitia
Msg: 44 (view)

Time wasters
Posted: 11/25/2018 12:57:08 PM
If you feel it is a waste of time to send a few substantial messages don't do it. I have run into a resistance for myself as i choose to message at least to find commonalities b-4 even a talk on the phone. Why- i am not wasting your time- i am spending mine-b-cause, too often, i have been trapped on the phone "having my religious, political, social views relentlessly challenged" awkwardly trying to extract myself from a conversation with a lunatic. Or having a conversation where in i am insulted and, voicing such i am considered a lunatic.

The other is having very nice 1st or second dates that are a waste of my time and interest. Having a lovely date where mutual interest seems to be expressed, on that date indications of a second date-and followed with several excuse calls, breaking that date setting up another at a later date for three weeks or more-still no fruition is indeed a waste of my time. so would i rather know someone a bit, spend a little of my precious time upfront- to avoid wasting more of my precious time certainly. I can sit in my pajamas, hair a mess, unmanicured nails, face a mess, drinking coffee and relaxing or get all excited about a date- doing all my fun prep work, nice hair, polished filed nails, attractive outfit fitting the occasion, scheduling a day away from my home life ( i have much going on in home repairs-family health issues etc) for naught. Three "hello, how are you messages"- never exchanging names-when I ask for a name and a bit more info- he wants my number to text me- at this point i do not even know his name, maybe no picture, either- i am going to give you my phone number? for a text message? I would like a phone conversation- At least. When i ask for yours instead, i never hear from you again? You feel they are time wasters- they feel you are time wasters- so maybe the real issue and statement at hand here is OLD allows all of us our choice of where to waste our own time.
 lnitia
Msg: 18 (view)

What is the latest name-calling Buzz Word you have heard?
Posted: 11/25/2018 12:30:01 PM
Yes and the "buzzword" is just that.. it is wise to understand that while general categorization/classification can be mildly helpful seeing that people are individuals and even when in such categories- outliers exist and do not exhibit classic criteria-these classifications exist for the Mental health care fields and not wise for layman to diagnose others or utilize layperson diagnostics-yet certainly wise to note characteristics that create issues for ourselves and honor those "gut instincts" too often i have ignored those for myself- rationalized them away and when picking up the debris-the easy pieces are the "red flags" that i ignored and rationalized away before the bomb. lol
 lnitia
Msg: 415 (view)

Posted: 11/25/2018 12:19:34 PM
Hey yes BackCreek- a doobie brother's song i wasn't familiar with it was very enjoyable-and for me "jamaica" certainly felt like a call from my souls home when there!
To the topic at hand if we have consistent "choices" to "fix people" this needs be worked through from both the personal ego fulfillment(G_d ego as well as martyr complex)- and codependent corrective- therapies-self help-support groups( al-anon is a fabulous suggestion-yet 12 step programs in general are very helpful in giving tools and strategies for better life choices) In such relationships often not an honest exchange of emotions and intimacy rather: communications from both parties are bartering and manipulation.
OldWax?? Trying to insult you? was that your goal when you suggested younger women try older men? Maybe you r personifying a bit- i too have had much younger and older male lovers so understand the dynamics.
 lnitia
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 11/24/2018 9:43:57 PM
people kept telling me i deserved better while in a bad relationship-i told my sister, who i very much respect- " i can't get on board with that" I was really confused i knew that i had put myself there and was staying in it-that we teach people how to treat us- She said "We get exactly what we deserve- we make our choices- our relationships are the result of such" that made fabulous real logical sense to me!!
Some Republicans choose the buzzword "baby killers"( for democrats)
 lnitia
Msg: 11 (view)

Be honest, how long did you know the last person you had sex with?
Posted: 11/24/2018 9:01:25 AM
i think you mean how long prior to sleeping with them- but i will answer anyway-33 yrs is how long i knew the last person i slept with. Because I wanted to and so did they..
 lnitia
Msg: 423 (view)

Dating is not an equal opportunity situation.
Posted: 11/24/2018 8:51:30 AM

__TEXASCHICK__

Here is a clear statement in the front POF's moderator and all POF members
Do not ever discuss any topic with me, talk about me with others, or comment on any of my posts on this forum. I do not feel comfortable with you. There are many guys around, I am not interested in you as a person.

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen- social media is just that-social-not a monologue- if we contribute all those who see can comment-we cannot control others input or discussion about our contributions. - if so uncomfortable take it elsewhere? Your gender has nothing to do with the comments you are receiving-if truly not interested than don't acknowledge such input...nobody is interested, except to provide desperately needed help with social etiquette. Utilize facebook to control the audience of your forum post. get on your page and let it fly..
 lnitia
Msg: 211 (view)

as long as they are willing to do two jobs--blow and hand :)
Posted: 11/23/2018 3:48:36 PM
I refuse to do business with wal-mart for the most part- i believe in 20 yrs i have utilized walmart in my home state five or six times- when traveling it sometimes is the best option and i concede to supply my monetary support of the obscene conglomerate.
 lnitia
Msg: 13 (view)

Why Office Air Conditioning is Sexist
Posted: 11/23/2018 3:38:18 PM
yep onerx- i don't know why people are so attracted to war/battle of the sexes either- divisiveness in general is unappealing-

4 general info: males and females can be big baby whiners or suffer stoically nd silently-or be pretty content and responsible for own life and choices- among many qualities which are not gender specific..

Too funny finished this post- and next page i opened presented a local hvac-air conditioning company.. got to luv tech..
 lnitia
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 11/23/2018 3:31:19 PM
narcissist-any one of the types, sociopath, psychopath, mentally ill seem very popular- Empath but that is a buzzword "self compliment" lol
 lnitia
Msg: 417 (view)

Posted: 11/23/2018 11:49:16 AM
btw noteable-there is no threat from me to anyone..hypotheticals are just that- posed to posit understanding in discussions. Sorry you keep calling what it is not- but your response is inconsistent-if you believed i was a crazy threat..It appears you have heeded my advice. your behavior will not color my beliefs or cause me to generalize your behavior to diverse others, i know you stand as an individual-i judge on such most of the times..I get your defensiveness and anger about the OP: It it is unfortunate that you chose such an offensive strategy, originally- as it does not change any of the closed minds that "do not date muslim men" rather confirming their "discernment" (sic) as well as justifying it as reasonable" rather than negate said prejudice, stereotype, and gross generalization.. Just trying to help avoid troubles. : ) for others
 lnitia
Msg: 416 (view)

Posted: 11/23/2018 9:31:49 AM
Thank You Noteable for hearing! Yes I too have read the Quran-and learned the basic five pillars of Islam. Often even when others feel attacked, if advice and help is our motive we need overlook the defensiveness and not respond in kind!

Again for the topic, at hand, we must understand that in our profiles our exclusions of perspective partners will indeed offend others sensibilities-yet, may eliminate the groups we generalize and prejudge as not worth investigating further! I have generalized my desired age range, prejudging those outside of that range (gender/sex) will not work for myself-However, even in offending those, we may eliminate rejection after contact, which can be a blessing. So read others' profiles with discernment and honesty- if read a profile and see our views on life will just be one huge argument- i will say " i am sorry, i can see i do not meet your criteria-0r our differences are glaring- i don't see it working." Some will argue ad nausea trying to convince otherwise- this is indeed uncomfortable and awkward.
 lnitia
Msg: 19 (view)

Posted: 11/23/2018 12:23:04 AM
I see a relationship over 5 yrs as long term- yes indeed lowering my standards- because quite frankly I can't even make it out on a date-so no romantic revenge here-can't challenge the god's of love if never have a date cause "i'am too picky"- lol- just sitting at home watching my roku and writing poetry-doing tons of home repairs- and hanging with family and friends-enjoying life but would like to have coffee and a chat-yes i would indeed need lower those standards- besides not looking for marriage never have been
 lnitia
Msg: 398 (view)

Posted: 11/22/2018 10:28:34 PM
My Dad called puppies welps or welplings? He may have been spelling it whelps? Too chilled to look up definitions right now- Mexican hot chocolate! Family tradition!
To oldwxman- you too should try women 10-15 yrs your senior, an experience that would tickle you pink make you happy as a clam! you will feel appreciated!
 lnitia
Msg: 396 (view)

Posted: 11/22/2018 9:47:48 PM

She has sex because she want to have sex with that particular man.
2ufo fabulous!!

Yes Indeed July fabolous- what a great thanksgiving holiday wrap up story for me to Read!! Congrats woman!!

Platpie- Wow- i still do not know how to take that back creek: with barking (lol)??- but Wonderful you remember me- Had to change up my screen name due to tech problems!! (supposed to phonetically represent the old one- but looks really weird with the I represented with small l as first letter looks cap)
 lnitia
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 11/22/2018 9:27:09 PM
At 52 my numbers need not be shared- i have never looked at any man as a sex object- now not saying i have not had plenty of casual sex- yes in my 52 yrs i have had men as much as 20 yrs younger-28 yrs older-long distance ltr- lived with three men (separately of course) for several yrs each time, and chosen celibacy also; two years-7 years- lol. In my mid 30's and again in my early forties i dated younger men- I found very little in common with the much younger men(i dated in my forties), as I like to burst out in lyrics from a favorite song (or a popular commercial quote)when it fits the situation or conversation: When the youthful respond with: "what the hell are you saying- talking about" giving a brief generational history lesson is not fun!! I do not want to be someone's date at a college kegger or girlfriend (lol)-I have been asked very sweet younger men.. I do just have to figure it out ( totally on board with honesty- i have real trouble lying)- because, i find a long term committed relationship most appealing-It is just very hard to even get to the place where i want to share sex, if i choose to get to know them?? So the initial interest does not sustain, once we fail to have commonalities that could sustain a ltr sex is off the table and as we didn't introduce it early no forced relationship till something better for us comes along. That is what i mean about serial monogamy, space fillers in more ways than one yuck
Thank you everybody your input is very welcome-it is pretty personal: you all have been very sensitive to that fact, and helpful!! All good stuff to consider
 lnitia
Msg: 413 (view)

Posted: 11/22/2018 8:47:34 PM
Message 403- my son is a full grown adult! no more necessary on that as far as legalities
Message 404 -i see the language barrier here-in your response- you are an impertinent child, that was the association- i am old enough to be your mother- that is the shame and embarrassment to which i was referring ! I was being the judge as a mother of her offspring and that robe fits me to a T- You on the other hand will never produce a child from your womb! do you think your mother would be proud of your behavior here? A slight chance she might be able to feel ok because you are not speaking to muslim women this way-but overall not thinking she would be proud- even that you are on this site might challenge her good senses.
 lnitia
Msg: 403 (view)

Posted: 11/21/2018 9:36:23 AM
I wish pof had the option to hide post, or see less from this poster like fb has-I choose not to watch jerry springer for a reason. If you can't keep your anger, hostility vulgarity and name calling to self, take it to real life; which, apparently, is a life woefully lacking love or satisfaction..If my son ever spoke in such manner, especially on social media I would grind the sole of my right, shoe into that impertinent child's saliva spewing mouth , then with my left shoe slap his lips off his face. Finally i would guarantee no marriage or offspring, then die from humiliation, shame and embarrassment because of his representation of my religion and family..
 lnitia
Msg: 367 (view)

Posted: 11/20/2018 10:25:54 AM
It is the human condition to wait on a parent figure, yet failure to heed our parents or elders advice indicates
offense from correction, rather than, happily with no grumbling heeding such.- even christianity is waiting on christ's return to fix the "escalated" human issues-failing to understand the translation dominion-accurately means good shepherds not power and domination-which is explicated in the fact that 2000 yrs with good parental advice(for those choosing it), has resulted in current condition-the twisting pleasing ear sounds- much nicer to hear rule over and subdue than do the hard work and be patient with the home provided us.. (look at big agri-i am sure christians are among them-do they ever practice jubilee allowing soil to rest and compost naturally to become enriched? that is just one example-the advice is there-even native american wisdom was quashed by christianity as savages- and their spirituality was indeed based on good shepherding and sustainability)
The churches in my area have single males in the 4-14 year age bracket and those by the college are still, all though men, way below my preferred age bracket and myself over theirs, as most young single church goers desire a family- lol and not my cup of tea. BTW not all congregations are all good people.
 lnitia
Msg: 11 (view)

Guys will date pretty teen moms
Posted: 11/19/2018 9:21:46 PM
^ yeah Penny- 15 will get you 20- roflmao funny
 lnitia

Fun things to do on first major holiday break with boyfriend?
Posted: 11/19/2018 9:17:10 PM
It sounds like you have a ton planned- remember holiday is to alleviate stress l;ol!! I always found just chilling to be more enjoyable than booking every minute of my time..Especially when with a lover
 lnitia
Msg: 396 (view)

Posted: 11/19/2018 9:01:46 PM
Dating is not an equal opportunity-correct- yet do not discount that ruling people out based on superficial qualities or religious differences even age or health, is discriminatory and prejudiced-while we make these choices daily for ourselves, they apply our necessary limits that we justify for whatever reason-I too discriminate on age and distance-I have prejudged that i would not be happy with a distant partner or one considerably older or younger-does that mean if i did choose people out of my required categories i wouldn't find a wonderful entertaining enriching relationship- No-it does not.Think of all the "straight" people who broaden their horizons and discovered true self and happiness trying "Gay?homosexuality) For us our limits are valid limits-but be aware that such are prejudicial- we are generalizing and judging that all people in said category do not meet our standard of approval- And others may be offended by such. Now to be fair
I greatly appreciate profiles that state any of my qualities that are a dealbreaker- than i do not have to bother. However, eliminating a dating prospect because of exposed character/ethics/morality/civility/personality is discernment..
 lnitia
Msg: 365 (view)

Posted: 11/19/2018 8:34:36 PM
Ms. Miki, Boo, Lady in red-Spots- Stratus-Backcreek wonderful input- and inspiring
anybody who is ok with being alone is not secretly looking if on a dating site they are right out in the open looking- what is meant is we are not going to shrivel up or die of loneliness if we do not meet "the one". we want a dessert we have the meal -we aren't looking for a meal!
 lnitia

wow I paid so I can get this message
Posted: 11/19/2018 6:22:24 PM
Yes I can believe men would send 55 messages- i know many people who do not respond to messages unless ones meet every criteria on first message- i take the time to reply to every and any message- yet the ones i send out rarely reply- so yeah if you really would like to engage n dating- it is a law of averages- certainly lowering expectations and realizing hey those that totally thrill me just through a profile and or pic- have thrilled many so probably are not going to respond-https://quoteinvestigator.com/2013/12/13/pony-somewhere/
comes to mind!
 lnitia
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 11/19/2018 7:30:34 AM

The important thing is to be open to whatever possibilities life may offer up.
Yes it is. Yet, I am aware that with internet dating we will often have less interest(as i have done so/not even reach out) in those with dissimilar relationship goals, clearly stating such in my profile would be a possible way to avoid misleading anyone. However, many do not look past the intro with our stats..
 lnitia
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 11/18/2018 8:15:58 AM
No not at all what i am saying-it is important in dating others- to be honest and clear about intent. I totally agree with your sentiment. For myself at my age not really sure i want to attempt a string of of yr -two year monogamous relationships-because we indeed may find we are incompatible. In a perfect world everybody would be totally emotionally and physically satisfied with intimate partner. (Not saying burden ones partner with all my social and emotional needs)- but as per the relationship would like my partner to be intimate/communicative/honest/trustworthy as I am. However often, either because of my choices or different worldviews and having personal standards and principles LT partnering has not worked {yet many of those past relationships(4-8 yrs- continued for 15 20 yrs as friends} often the intimate relationships have not panned out for myself. For me maybe keeping it casual and not investing might be more rewarding for both parties.
 lnitia
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 11/17/2018 8:45:22 PM
In a quandary-what factors to take into consideration in determining dating pattern. Very appealing to forego the effort for a committed monogamous relationship that may end up "sexless" or very minimal physical intimacy-However, as a mature adult am aware that a [bold] physically/emotionally satisfying[/bold] committed relationship is worth the effort! (my intro title was a result of frustration recreating my profile 6 times in 3 months- not the entendre it appears to be) any input on this aspect of dating?
 lnitia
Msg: 146 (view)

Women Don't Know What They Want
Posted: 11/17/2018 8:10:39 PM
^ and you sling them nasties without provocation.
 lnitia
Msg: 125 (view)

How men mathematically sleep with more people than women
Posted: 11/17/2018 8:07:51 PM
Ok 8 of those women are hitting a hundred men trying to finish with someone-the other ten are being "good girls" sic keeping their stats between 1 and four to be acceptable to hook a "good man" sic lol!
 lnitia
Msg: 5140 (view)

8 Line Poetry Stanzas - Use Last Line 4 First Line
Posted: 11/17/2018 6:54:42 AM
somewhere in the distance in the middle of nowhere
watching plaster dry, feeding the lame cat
three strays already, people don't care here
The unwanted dropped at our doormat
sunday drive to nowhere land: far from home
Let them loose, Amish, a farmer,unto which they roam
think home yet the snares set break bloody the bone
far neighbor feeds fifty barn cats, my heart stone
 lnitia
Msg: 189 (view)

How many partners is too much?
Posted: 11/17/2018 6:27:26 AM
Certainly Many may prefer traditional roles-The Dr. Phil goto question comes to mind "How's that working out for you?" Here is a flash back to the new and improved message of the 80's era. Seems so much is expected LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_kzJ-f5C9U
I remember at 17 we lived on a farm-My parents believed in bustin our asses we did gender specific traditional and non-traditional tasks- and i was wearing a purple cashmere sweater and getting a cast iron frying pan out of the cupboard as a joke i put two decorative garden gourds in my bra and busted out in that song waving the pan around standing on a kitchen chair (the pan was on top shelf of pantry) so my mom (photo crazy women) took a picture lol.. it was funny i will give ya that!
 lnitia
Msg: 186 (view)

Posted: 11/16/2018 7:05:06 AM
A female with her eye on a goal- and career oriented-and in control of reproductive health often will not have an accidental pregnancy-however, that being said, if perchance pregnancy occurs one is in a much better position to carry the child to term and or support said life. In my youth, related to my mother's support and education, i never had an unplanned pregnancy.

Yet when i obtained a fabulous non-typical federal career, with benefits (healthcare, life, retirement insurance, union protected wages), btw this career is available in every city of usa (MailMan roflmao). My OBGYN informed me i was probably infertile, even said, I utilized birth control. However, i chose the pill at this time in my life- moved away from spermicidal condoms, and indeed became pregnant and was having breakthrough bleeding, when i became pregnant. My partner and my father both suggested an abortion, and had i been working a typical minimum wage job- it may have seemed a better option, I would have, without batting an eye, or assuming societal pressure or shame for making that decision..

Throughout the pregnancy, i toyed with the idea of adoption-yet even, in my very young years, i wanted a child (actually many), so i considered it a almost miraculous blessing, and you know what, IT WAS! if i had not had the option of terminating my pregnancy, might I have felt differently?? A strong possibility of such..Maybe it is actually women who feel personal/religious/moral/ or social obligations to be vessels, who see their own offspring as baggage, or in exercising reproductive rights feel negativity and shame related to either choice? (Many women believe they will be sentenced to hell for pro-choice decisions and spend their whole life repenting and regretting-so lets heap more social shit on them) BTW my child is fabulous despite all the negative propaganda about single parenthood!

Females not that career driven? Are males extremely driven to create offsprings? cause a female needs a male-to make babies.."Is this an intrinsic male instinct, to inhibit female career opportunities by running around spreading seed?" TOTALLY TONGUE IN CHEEK
The reason males can be so "career driven" sic is not related to intrinsic gender differences- it is related to the social culture climate that places responsibility on females for care of offspring.. This mentality is taught.. "wake up" become part of the WOKE- So glad I was reading "Ms. magazine" and "our bodies ourselves" at 7-8 yrs old! Thanks Mom! All you Feminist Haters have happy mired in your societal sludge, by far much more burdened than i.
 lnitia
Msg: 182 (view)

Posted: 11/15/2018 4:53:19 PM
^^I can not believe there are people that still think this way- OM
 lnitia
Msg: 61 (view)

I just lost my soulmate.
Posted: 11/13/2018 8:13:22 AM
yeah b-mod pigeon lab they do not respond well to brocoli -the jehovahs wouldn't partake of my water but boy did they want to drop the message
 lnitia
Msg: 140 (view)

Marriage, do you believe in it, why/not?
Posted: 11/12/2018 7:15:47 PM
My belief "it is AS it Is" certainly one need not should on themselves or others? I don't carry a diaper bag, no diaper wipes to clean up someone elses "should"-if you want it keep it for yourself!
 lnitia
Msg: 58 (view)

I just lost my soulmate.
Posted: 11/12/2018 7:08:43 PM
CD65 msg 55 see msg 48-this topic-that will clear it up for ya
 lnitia
Msg: 143 (view)

Women Don't Know What They Want
Posted: 11/12/2018 10:00:26 AM
Call me inappropriate and sherlock holmes- but i do send out feelers about prospective dates- past relationships-i want to exclude bitter angry people who have generalized women based on past experiences-i never request details-try to be diplomatic-but not interested in a relationship i need compensate for every past perceived injury-and surely the same feelers are sent out by those who date me- we often avoid those we feel have not recovered from their past-same as familial relationships-in my dating age range if you still blame parents or have shitty familial relations-with no good reason- i am going to fold..
 lnitia
Msg: 53 (view)

I just lost my soulmate.
Posted: 11/12/2018 8:19:26 AM
JF-R_A_T dropping the white feathers all over the place!; ) Blessings!!
 lnitia
Msg: 6 (view)

Should I stop texting her?
Posted: 11/11/2018 7:43:03 PM

you sound like a couple of high school kids and if so, find someone at your own school.
JF this is too funny- and so apropos !!
 lnitia
Msg: 48 (view)

I just lost my soulmate.
Posted: 11/11/2018 7:29:16 PM
You are living life-pitfalls etc-Can't is your choice!! Argue for your limitations and they are there! Faith knocked on the door, fear answered, and mr. perfect had gone- left A white feather with the card "I can't"on one side "choose one" on the other attached to it.
 lnitia
Msg: 168 (view)

Posted: 11/11/2018 7:15:29 PM
I can see the Summa Cum Laude scholarship- lol wasted indeed-I was never interested in women's studies. Maybe as a final project the advisor hands students a wiper blade , states "the challenge put this on without male assistance-!" lol there is a bit of dogma. My mother's feminist dogma was "always earn enough money to support self and offspring alone" I heard that from 6-7 yrs old-not thinking a few years in university could come near anything a woman born in the 40's,catholic, married her only man, had her babies etc etc... could teach her 4 daughters! many bask in the confirmation of their own worldview..We tell ourselves whatever is necessary- we hit the hard places and all the sudden it is about "real"sic gender differences not the laughable dogma that equality and freedom are hard f'in work and high standards to apply to ourselves and others. not getting what we want in life because "i am old school" or because others challenge it.
None of us lives in the illusion that there are not people of a dying era clinging to gender identity roles and mores-trying to enforce them-enforce-or be free

Show ALL Forums