Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: should age differance be a deal breaker in a relationship
 2coldhands
Msg: 13 (view)

should age differance be a deal breaker in a relationship
Posted: 10/4/2008 2:23:30 PM
If you are both adults I say go for it. I have always been attracted to and dated older men some at least 30 years my senior. I see nothing wrong with it at all.
 2coldhands
Msg: 121 (view)

Funny, but real names...
Posted: 7/28/2008 7:50:01 AM
My eye doctors were Dr. Snow and Dr Fog, they were partners.

I knew two girls one named Ima Joy and the other Ima Nut.

A friend named her son Justin Kase.

Then there was a woman named Denise Denisey.

My middle name is Loy and I dated a man with the last name of Loy.
 2coldhands
Msg: 7 (view)

Voicemail Greeting
Posted: 7/28/2008 7:43:09 AM
I am in the process of making some changes. Please leave your number and if I do not call you back you are probably one of the changes.
 2coldhands
Msg: 64 (view)

I'm feeling like a selfish bi*ch
Posted: 7/26/2008 11:16:39 AM
Give me a break. This guy is playing a game with you and you are falling for it. He has a motive and what ever it is it will not be for your benefit. Dump him now cold and move on.
 2coldhands
Msg: 2 (view)

best places to meet in the real world?, 40 and up
Posted: 6/16/2008 8:33:21 AM
Cat, how u doin? I read your profile and I must say if I were in your age group I would love to meet you. Just keep trying on here don't give up. As far as the "real world" goes you should maybe try the POF parties and some of the singles clubs for over 40. You sound like you could fit into almost any social situation. Make new male friends if nothing else and let them introduce you to women. Good luck in your search.
 2coldhands
Msg: 214 (view)

The Kinky Test
Posted: 6/6/2008 12:26:01 PM
WOW, had no idea what I call fun is that kinky. That was a fun test.
 2coldhands
Msg: 931 (view)

DAILY QUOTES
Posted: 6/4/2008 1:00:13 PM
A fool and his money make a great date.
(author unknown)
 2coldhands
Msg: 2 (view)

THE NIGHT I TRIED TO BECOME A STRIPPER
Posted: 5/31/2008 10:49:07 AM
Was that supposed to be funny?
 2coldhands
Msg: 88 (view)

Professions~ Would You Date Someone Who Has No Info in Their Profile for a PRofession?
Posted: 5/25/2008 11:45:36 AM
I met someone on POF who would not tell me in my message what his profession was and when we got around to IMing he still would not tell me for security reasons. He called me and told me what he does and he had a valid reason for not wanting it to be public information. Had he not called and given me the information I would have probably assumed the worst and written him off. So we must be careful of judging too quickly.
 2coldhands
Msg: 157 (view)

Sign’s He’s Just Not That Into You
Posted: 5/24/2008 9:25:49 AM
He takes three calls from the ex while you are having dinner at his place and he never tells her he has company

He buys the ex a condo next door to his

He keeps referring to her kids as his kids

He tells you the ex is a drunk and he has to take care of her

He never invites you to his church or company party

He goes out of town for two weeks without contacting you

He constantly talks about his dead wife

He does not return your calls

He never takes you out on the weekend or never spends a weekend with you

He has never invited you to his home

He leaves very soon after having sex with you

Just from past experience I could write a book of my own. Oh well have to consider it lessons learned and keep trying.
 2coldhands
Msg: 71 (view)

Is This Considered Cheating ???
Posted: 5/12/2008 9:36:58 AM
Yes it is cheating and what is worse they are trying to fool themselves. If they don't think this will lead to more they are nuts.
 2coldhands
Msg: 7 (view)

WHAT SHOULD I DO????
Posted: 5/12/2008 9:34:12 AM
Get some professional help. You really need it.
 2coldhands
Msg: 18 (view)

i wonder about this behavior
Posted: 5/10/2008 11:05:02 AM
dincher, This sounds like high school stuff. First, it sounds you pay way too much attention to another persons life and second so what if he is seeing others. It does not sound that there has been any promises made. But..........on the other hand:

I dated someone who did the same thing. Called, IM'd, wrote every day then did not hear from him for two weeks. When I asked what was up with that he got offended. He felt it was none of my business what he was up to. I finally explained that when someone has set a pattern like contacting you several times a day then you don't hear from them for even a day it makes you wonder if they are alright or if you did something to bother or upset them. After many discussions and over many incidents of this type with him I learned his reasons and accepted his explanation. I never questioned him much after that. On the other hand he grew to understand my point and that I felt it was just a common courtesy to let me know he would not be in contact for a while. He would just drop me a line or call and say he was not going to be available for a few days or weeks. I trusted him and that was acceptable to me. I did not assume he was seeing anyone and what would I have done with that type of information anyway. We had made no promises to be exclusive so it really was none of my business.
 2coldhands
Msg: 15 (view)

wat if she lied about age....... do you continue anyway?
Posted: 5/6/2008 11:21:52 AM
I do not lie about my age but I have met several men who do. If they tell me right off that they had lied about their age its no big deal. Age differences mean very little to me but the timing must be right. If the age difference does not bother you let it go but watch for other lies I suppose.

Once I deceived a man by not talking about age and just let him assume what he wanted. Three months into our relationship he saw my drivers license and I could see him calculating the age in his mind . Then without saying it was my age he dumped me shortly after that. To me the fourteen year younger man was being silly but we all have our boundries.
 2coldhands
Msg: 41 (view)

liars
Posted: 5/4/2008 2:09:16 PM
Hey BABE1 and anyone interested,
You may not be able to put the user name of someone on here but if they are still on your favorites list you can put a comment on their profile. I have done it, both for the good and the bad. One guy was so full of BS and did some other strange stuff to me and I let him have it like a real lady. There it sits on his profile. Ha, he was so stupid he tried to explain away my note and ended up with more about me on his profile than he had on himself. It was funny. POF wouldn't take it off and he was sooooo mad. Then one guy after a few dates told me he had a brain tumor just to get out of our budding relationship. Later he had the gall to go back on POF with the same user name. So I left a nice message on his little profile too. Believe me it feels good to get it off your chest and warn others about that person. Its also a nice and fuzzy feeling to be able to say something about a particularly great person.
 2coldhands
Msg: 25 (view)

Re: Whats your Sign?
Posted: 5/3/2008 1:42:17 PM
Whats my sign? The dollar sign.
 2coldhands
Msg: 40 (view)

why im i not getting return mail?
Posted: 5/3/2008 7:51:02 AM
Hi Silent. Most people do not reply to messages unless you have something that interests them, looks etc. I took a look at your profile and you are very nice looking, but you have too many pictures with kids in them. That alone scared me and I was not doing it for a possible connection. Also your profile is a little dull and does not say what you expect or are looking for. Most women in your age group want a relationship not just a date. Maybe if you took the kids out, expanded your profile to include some interesting details and mentioned your intent when you put Dating as your preference you may get better results.

There is a forum where you can request that your profile be reviewed. I sent my profile there and got several suggestions that I was able to incorporate into my profile.
One more thing you do not look "a little overweight" you look about average to me. Usually "a little overweight" describes a real porker. You sound like a man who likes to be home and a bit inactive. Come on women your age want to go place and do things, spice it up a little. Have fun with your profile and when you contact someone send a short message. They would read the profile and get a better feel of whether or not they want to reply. Good luck in your search women are on here to meet you.
 2coldhands
Msg: 38 (view)

why im i not getting return mail?
Posted: 5/3/2008 7:35:29 AM
John4EY, how are you going to meet someone on here if you do not have at least one written contact. Sure face to face is fine but getting there is not so easy. I find that the majority of contacts do not reply to a message. The best method I have found is make the profile as interesting as possible and send a very short message. If they like your pics and profile they will usually at least thank you for your interest.
 2coldhands
Msg: 143 (view)

Send me jokes! PLEASE!
Posted: 4/26/2008 9:09:59 AM
On a rainy day when the students had to stay in the teacher had them play a word game. She would call out a letter and the children were to spell and say a word that started with that letter. Her first letter was S and of course Dirty Eddy was the first to raise his hand. She would not call on him knowing he would come up with s*^t or something else as dirty so she called on Mary. "Snake s n a k e" say Mary.

The next letter was F and again little Dirty Eddy was first with his hand up. Oh no she thought that is too dangerous for him so she called on Joe. "Fork f o r k " says Joe.

And so it went letter after letter the teacher had to pass over Dirty Eddy. Finally she came to the letter R. Again Eddy had his hand up first. The teacher thought a long time and could not make out a dirty word so thought it was safe to call on Dirty Eddy.

"Rats r a t s" says Dirty Eddy. The teacher was very shocked. "Well Eddy, how did you come up with such a clean word" the teacher asked. Dirty Eddy replied, "I just saw two fuc*ing rats with d%xks that long."
 2coldhands
Msg: 358 (view)

how dirty are you??
Posted: 4/26/2008 8:31:59 AM
I hope I can get a senior discount. Over 850.00, now that is a sexy seniro citizen, I love it. That was a fun test.
 2coldhands
Msg: 84 (view)

do men like to be approached first?
Posted: 4/21/2008 10:24:39 AM
Some men are turned on by being approached and some are turned off. I have made the approach first in the past and found a mix of reactions from "ok who put you up to this" to very positave reactions and greatly appreciated. I think it all depends on the parties and the technique used. I must say the best results have been from making eye contact and a smile. Opening the door gently and sweetly seems to work far better than flinging it open and boldly walking in.
 2coldhands
Msg: 97 (view)

OK girls - few truths
Posted: 4/19/2008 12:55:44 PM
PeterC, you sound so refreshingly honest about this subject. I wonder what the differences are in your attitude. Do you already know, before you have sex, whether the sex was just for the moment or that you would want to see the woman again and again? I am asking because of all the posts I have read yours seems to be closer to the truth of what I have experienced with men. Either they want away from me as soon as possible or they want to be with me to develop a relationship. Without giving away too many "man secrets" could you enlighten me?
 2coldhands
Msg: 21 (view)

Am I being unresonable?
Posted: 4/12/2008 8:40:37 AM
This sounds like the party is not the problem but a sympton of a problem. Question: How is it that this is his house not "our" house? You should have discussed the party before inviting everyone and included him in on the decision. Maybe that is his real gripe. At any rate he sounds stubborn, controlling and selfish and very spoiled. Since everyone is already invited tell him the party is still on, you would love to have him there and in the future will discuss something like this before making a decision. If all that fails to please him tell him to get bent.
 2coldhands
Msg: 26 (view)

just how the hell do you do it
Posted: 8/2/2007 1:13:22 PM
You never forget you just have to move forward. Whether it is a lost love or alcohol it does not matter. You decide to take charge of today and live through your pain. Face it, figure out what works for you to get you going again and again. It would be a fatal error to even try to forget, you would wind up in the same situation all over again if you actually manage to "forget".

Turn it into a lesson learned, square your shoulders, face the pain head on and go forward knowing you will not go there again. Walk on.
 2coldhands
Msg: 42 (view)

Love Making for Seniors
Posted: 7/7/2007 12:25:09 PM
ooooooooh, Jack46, that is way more information than anyone wants to read.
 2coldhands
Msg: 41 (view)

Teeth/Kissing as we age
Posted: 7/7/2007 12:14:26 PM
Well I guess some people would date someone with dirty rotten teeth. Honestly, darling, I do not believe you would date a woman with dirty, rotten teeth or no teeth at all.
 2coldhands
Msg: 54 (view)

middle aged & multiple divorced- a red flag or not?
Posted: 7/7/2007 9:46:44 AM
Red flag yes, show stopper no. Give someone a chance no matter what, but be aware of what they do today. A good measure of future behavior is the persons past behavior. It is hard to change but we can. You just have to be open, honest and ready to run when the flags start waving real hard.
 2coldhands
Msg: 306 (view)

Older Men 'Pleasing'...or is it a low libido?????
Posted: 7/7/2007 9:37:35 AM
Hey, SassieBlond, I know plenty of men over 70 who have a very high libido. As far as your question goes I do not know how to tell if its low libido or just not into anyone but I would reject him either way. I can tell you one thing for sure, I am sooooo glad sex does not have to stop after 60.
 2coldhands
Msg: 40 (view)

Teeth/Kissing as we age
Posted: 7/7/2007 9:21:27 AM
I love this forum, its about something that is really real. Did anyone notice there are not many men saying much on here? I think that is odd.

I recently met someone who took their bottom plate out to kiss me. Stuck em right in his pocket. I can not get that picture out of my mind. I have tried to look past it but there are just some things I can not let go, that is one, bad/no teeth.

If I had no teeth in my mouth I do not think I would be out trying to meet someone to romance. There are some things that are not socially acceptable, like being dirty, smelling funny, letting go of gas and teeth badly in need of a brushing or worse. Seems most have money for beer but can not get the old choppers cleaned up.

I do not find it bad that someone has dentures, but for pete sake I want them to keep them in their mouth not their pocket.
 2coldhands
Msg: 157 (view)

what do guys think of girls who take antidepressants?
Posted: 7/2/2007 5:57:39 AM
I have to take them and I would not stop for anyone. I know how close you can come to being non-functional if you need the help and you don't have it. I have accepted the fact that my brain is ill but that does not make me crazy. If I were diabetic I would want to take my medication as prescribed. If a man can not accept that one little medical flaw he is not worth keeping so keep the meds and dispose yourself of the narrow minded fool.
 2coldhands
Msg: 52 (view)

Help! I can't make bread!
Posted: 7/2/2007 5:43:25 AM
Oh One, you are so funny. To resolve your problem I have the perfect answer. Stop trying and buy it.
 2coldhands
Msg: 537 (view)

A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/18/2007 5:27:50 PM
Every man I have met who said they had a few extra pounds not only were liars about their weight but their pictures were outdated. I have met and seen pics of so many grossly over weight men I can not stand it any longer. I know the dif between a few and a whole lot. Who is kidding who? If someone is ashamed of being fat they should do something about it and if not then just say I am fat, overweight a cow whatever but be honest. I have met men who were overweight and much older than they claimed. One said he was 65 and he was 70 one said 69 and he was 85 years old. 85 is a long way from 69 no matter how you look at it.

Anyway I had a few extra pounds on my profile and my friends said I should change to average because usually a few extra pounds means FAT. So I thought it over and judging by the profiles I have seen they are right. We need a new catagorey for weight. You should have to pick the animal you most resemble in size. See how that works.

Dont get me wrong I have loved my share of over the petite size men but they didn't outright lie to me about it. HELLLLLLO we have eyes.
 2coldhands

Love or logic?
Posted: 3/18/2007 1:28:38 PM
I had one of those marriages. He was a good man, loving and kind good to everyone. But he and I were not in love. We had known each other since childhood and our families were friends. Believe me when I tell you it probably will not work out. Something vital is missing and as much as we respected each other we were both miserable. The worst thing is two really nice people got hurt deeply and in some ways that pain was even worse than the bullshit relationships. We could not hate each other, or be mad at each other because we were both good and trying hard. We had to be angry with ourselves and that is very hard to take.

There is no reason to rush into a non-romantic relationship. Maybe if you just dated you would eventually find you really care for each other but to sacrifice anything just to be married only can end one wya-badly.
 2coldhands
Msg: 137 (view)

Would you seriously date a woman or a man if they told you that they did not give oral sex
Posted: 3/17/2007 11:32:34 AM
Hell no. Must be something wrong with that one throw him back. Oh, what is this about an older woman being fishy. That is terrible. I am a delicious older woman and if you find one that tastes funny young or old somthing is not working right. Its called personal hygene.
 2coldhands
Msg: 30 (view)

DOMENSTIC VIOLENCE, what is it
Posted: 3/17/2007 10:32:27 AM
Domestic violence does not necessarily have to be physical and sure does not stay between the man and woman. Pets, children, spouses, and parents all can fall victims of violence wheter it be verbal or physical. One thing I know for sure if you do not tolerate it, it will either not happen or not happen for long. You have to have the guts to get up get out and stay out. They will never change for you. Falling for that line is just an excuse to get back right into the same mess. I found out a good honey be good stick works very well with those who think they have the right to abuse. Yup, a nice smooth well balanced louiville slugger works wonders and is much cheaper than a therapist and faster than cop. Never had to use mine but I sure show it them.

There is no such thing as loving someone and wanting to hurt them. Liz Claybourn has a charitable organization and they have a motto that I have held fast to my heart for many years. It helps keep me strong and away from the life that is not living. The motto goes "Love is not violence is not love".
 2coldhands
Msg: 62 (view)

How many dates have you had of the Internet and still remain single?
Posted: 2/28/2007 3:43:54 PM
I think I am doing something wrong. I have been on two sites totaling a little over a year. I have had so many dates I forget. The majority were not as advertised. I would say like 10 out of 10. Ha ha. I have met one man that I sincerely am deeply in like with but thats all. No one ever really hit the spot. Funny, I am not very picky but oh my goodness what a bunch of mixed up people.

I have met drunks who say the drink socially. Now I know that means they have to drink to be social or even civil. A few extra pounds, what a joke. Outdated pictures, lies about their careers or that they are retired.

I have gotten so that I REALLY don't expect much that way maybe I will be surprised. But at least one thing I can say it is entertaining.LOL
 2coldhands
Msg: 202 (view)

Lakeland & Beyond.... JUST BECAUSE....
Posted: 2/23/2007 5:02:41 PM
I have been told that these parties in Lakeland are very loud and it is mostly the younger crowd that hangs out. Is there anything specifically designed for those of us who are 55 and older and if not how could something like that be arranged?

When i checked into who all is going I can tell most who signed up are just so young some could be my kid or grand child.

Really loud music just does not appeal to me at all. Could someone 55 and over who has addended these functions give me some feedback?
 2coldhands
Msg: 304 (view)

can you describe what kind of lover you are with one word..,,,
Posted: 2/20/2007 5:50:07 AM
Incredible comes to mind
 2coldhands
Msg: 5 (view)

An Old Broken Heart That Won't Let You Move On
Posted: 2/19/2007 8:41:02 AM
This is very old not sure aything I say applies now. I have found that an old love and broken heart do not hold me back instead I hold on to them in order to make myself emotionally unavailable to others. It is very difficult to overcome these things and rarely can I do it alone. The best advice I can give is learn yourself, feel your own power, trust that you are entitled to all the love in the world and refuse to accept anything less than what you want. It is difficult at first and takes allot of work but it is very much worth it in the end.

You do not have to believe what people tell you (men in particular) and you are not required to trust everyone immediately. You are required to take care of yourself, love yourself and make yourself number one in your life. If you achieve that all other desires seem to follow and you can more easily see the bad and the good.

You appear very young. Darling, I had a baby and never married. It is so very difficult and no one will watch out for your good. If there is one thing you can do for yourself it is you must learn that having a child never keeps a man it runs him away. Do not be foolish do what ever is necessary to avoid having children from man after man. You are the only one who will have the responsibility and you must take it seriously.

Good luck little one. Life is tough at best but you can make it wonderful.
 2coldhands
Msg: 12 (view)

Nice guys versus studs
Posted: 2/16/2007 5:21:32 PM
Hello BB and all you other nice guys. I do not like Studs they have room in their hearts for themselves only,(most no offense)but that is what I have found. However, I have run into soooooo many who claim to be nice guys but they were not.

I prefer nice men over the macho big boys. Brains get my attention fast. If a man can spell and punctuate he is pretty special. I always find myself attracted to geeks, not athletic and sometimes even a bit of a couch potato. A smart man gets my heart every time.

I do not settle it is where I start and I skip over the men with their muscle shots. Those men who pose lifting weights only get a giggle out of me. A man lifting a book, now that is a real attention getter.

If women only go for looks that is all they get. No thank you. Women who go for those pretty boys likes to show them off to the girlfriends. Just like women who are arm candy, nothing much else going on.

So heres to the not so beautiful on the outside men who have big hearts, big hugs and a hunk of burning love to give to the right girl.
 2coldhands
Msg: 112 (view)

Can anyone give me a legitimate reason for NOT posting a picture???
Posted: 2/12/2007 2:51:26 PM
Pardon me all I have been reminded that all caps means I am shouting. Will correct my naughty ways.
 2coldhands
Msg: 20 (view)

Could you resist ?
Posted: 2/12/2007 2:49:54 PM
Pardon me, but, a nice man emailed me saying my all caps post means I was shouting. So sorry folks will try to remember to not do that again.
 2coldhands
Msg: 18 (view)

Could you resist ?
Posted: 2/12/2007 8:02:50 AM
YOU BET I CHECK EVERYTHING OUT THAT I GET A CHANCE TO. ITS FAR BETTER THAN JUST GUESSING IF YOU ARE IN FRIENDLY TERRITORY.
 2coldhands
Msg: 111 (view)

Can anyone give me a legitimate reason for NOT posting a picture???
Posted: 2/12/2007 6:48:30 AM
HAVE READ ALL KINDS OF EXCUSES BUT NONE MAKE SENSE. I RARELY CONTACT SOMEONE WITH NO PICTURE. IF SOMEONE WANTS TO CONTACT ME THEY SHOULD INCLUDE A PICTURE IF THEY EXPECT A REPLY.

GOSSIP IS NOT AN EXCUSE ITS A COP OUT. IF SOMEONE IS LOOKING AT YOU ON THE FISH THEY MUST BE LOOKING FOR A FRIEND TOO. I WOULD NEVER LET GOSSIP STOP ME. I HAVE FOUND THAT MANY WHO DO NOT POST A PIC ARE VERY FAT OR BUTT UGLY. SOME HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE. SO I HAVE LEARNED TO JUST NOT TAKE THEM SERIOUSLY.
 2coldhands
Msg: 30 (view)

Easy way for women to double interested men
Posted: 2/8/2007 4:19:40 PM
Brenda darlin, what are you smoking? Must not be plain old tobacco. What in the world does what you said have to do with this forum? Am I missing something?
 2coldhands
Msg: 28 (view)

Easy way for women to double interested men
Posted: 2/7/2007 11:41:54 AM
Yoooo hoooo Mr. Malabar, here is a way to double womens interest in you. Put down that fork and change your profile from a few extra pounds to mobidly overweight. Get a grip darlin we all have bad habits of one type or another. It is a matter of what you will or will not accept in another. I am sick of you non smokers thinking you have a right to be rude to a smoker. That is as bad as walking up to a cripple and telling them they should start walking. How about if people walked by you and acted like they could not breathe, or laughed at you and mimicked how you walk or made piggy snorting sounds? How can you stand yourself if you have no tolerance? You may be a perfectly wonderful person but if someone does not give you a chance because of your weight or your bad taste in clothes look what they are missing out on, they will be the loser for not getting to know you.

Do you suppose you have any idea how hard it is to break a bad habit? Try to go on a diet and see how it feels. I know you have been hurt by someones words of good intentions before. Remember how it feels when you hear comments like you are a nice looking man and could get someone if you only lost some weight. You know you are fat you do not want someone telling you so. Same here I know smoking is bad for me but I do not appreaciate a stranger walking up to me making comments. If you catch me in the wrong mood I just might pop you in the nose for it. I always come back with a nasty comment of my own and not one person has ever had the gall to respond. If you do not like that I smoke then just stay away from me but do not go out of your way to open your smart assed mouth when you have absolutely no room to talk, was not given permission to nose into my business and I do hope all your childern are perfect so they may be permitted to love you without feeling guilty or sub human. Besides, who died and left you in charge anyway?
 2coldhands
Msg: 12 (view)

Why are some people cowards?
Posted: 2/7/2007 6:08:03 AM
I have no idea how many women do the disappearing act but I sure have found allot of the men that way. I agree they are cowards. In a way it is a good thing what if you got involved and they did that. At least you find out pretty fast what they are made of.

I try to treat people the way I would like to be treated and it works for me. I have no guilt or bad feelings and hey you never know you may want to connect again so never burn the bridges.
 2coldhands
Msg: 209 (view)

Scams. Nigerians, Russians ETC.
Posted: 2/3/2007 11:04:48 PM
I was contacted by more than one Nigerian scam when I was on a paid site. Have suspected a couple here but not even close to the paid. I think their idea is if we desperate enough to pay to find a friend we would be gullible and desperate enough to swallow their crap. My first clue on the first scam was the person contacting me (at least their profile)was just too good to be true and why on earth a man like that would contact me is beyond me. The first few emails were very well written but as the scammers got more sure they seemed to have passed it on thinking we would not suspect the sudden change is writing and spelling skills.

The worst I have encountered was the individual from the US who after many claims of "instant falling in love with me" wanted me to bank roll his gambling career. What a shame there are so many out there just waiting for a chance to scam someone.
 Devilinareddress

How would you disclose a mental illness to a would be date?
Posted: 1/7/2007 2:23:08 PM
My wonderful sweet new interest has epolepsy. He had a very difficult time teling me and did so before we met. It never bothered me in the least and never would. Mental illness, thank goodness, is manage today better than ever. If a person stays with the meds and counceling what would be the big deal? Sure some illnesses are very complicated and the love interest must be educated but no one is perfect.

My sweetie says some women drop him immediately when they find out about his ailment. The same can and will happen in many other caes be it mental illness, heart attack or a severe case of scaly scalp. We all have our tolerances and some are unable to tolerate much. You have to be honest and you have to try. If you dont try you have already failed.

I have a couple of emotional problems of my own and I find it best to just lay it on the line. That helps eliminate the ones I would not want around anyway.
 Devilinareddress
Msg: 4 (view)

over and over
Posted: 1/7/2007 6:31:02 AM
For starters you could learn to type, spell and use proper punctuation. Second grow up and get a grip on reality. After that try to remember that the definition of insanity is "Doing the same things over and over but expecting different results".

You should revise your profile and try to concentrate on making a statement, sound strong and resolved. Just make sense.

Show ALL Forums