Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: SINGLES GROUP
 supermom1955
Msg: 5 (view)

SINGLES GROUP
Posted: 1/30/2013 10:02:10 PM
When I first joined POF we had alot of get-to-gethers in Regina, Moose Jaw and Saskatoon and myself and a couple of friends use to host them here in Regina. Most of us that put together the meets doesnt seem to be around anymore. I've been thinking a reunion of 3 cities would be a great way to get meets started again.

And yes, the Contemporary Singles do hold dances about every 2nd saturday.
 supermom1955
Msg: 9 (view)

How many women like camping and outdoors stuff??
Posted: 7/25/2011 4:17:06 PM

So, for all the guys looking for someone to enjoy the hiking, camping, fishing, hunting, four wheeling with... Find a buddy.

You can't really say that because there are alot of women out there that do like all the things you mention plus more. I myself enjoy being outdoors and connect with nature...I may not like every outdoor activity but I will always give something new a try.

Funny thing is all the guys I had met that said that, then decided they wanted to ride motor cycle... For pete sake I don't want bugs in my teeth, I don't want bird poo on my clothes, and frankly after a severe neck injury I can't handle the weight of the helmet...

Motor cycling is an outdoor thing the men love to do as well...I love being on the back of the bike - the bugs etc is all part of being a biker

How come all these guys want a woman who enjoys the outdoors??

OP thats because they want to train you to do all the outside work as well
probably most of the men that put that they like the outdoors is because thats where they spend most of their time - outside cutting grass, watering, working on cars, etc

It's each to their own though - you can take it or leave it - it is all in what you choose to do or don't do

supermom1955
Msg: 2 (view)

coffee/dinner groups
Posted: 7/6/2011 10:19:45 AM
captive I tried that - even put it up as an event but no one showed expect the ones that already knew each other but then again it could be tried again -
 supermom1955
Msg: 16 (view)

REGINA SINGLES SOCIAL & KARAOKE NIGHT - October 16, 2010
Posted: 9/3/2010 12:13:37 AM
Unless some unforseen event happens I pretty sure I will be there...will be nice to see you all again.
 supermom1955
Msg: 22 (view)

REGINA MEET & GREET – Saturday, August 29th
Posted: 8/4/2009 1:15:46 PM
Nice to see another meet on the go - looking forward to see old and meet new people.

Handy ya better bring some of the saskatoon gang with ya - will be good to see you and everyone else - oh and i will try to remember to bring tractor with me...lol ...he still in good hands...

supermom1955
Msg: 91 (view)

Jaguars, Club Regent, first spring meet and greet / disco dance party March 21st!
Posted: 3/15/2009 6:21:20 PM
sorry to have to remove my name but guess with no bus tour going i wont be able to make it and i was looking forward to a weekend away from home

lips your idea for the summer camping sounds great - hopefully some of us can make it to that if ya get it going

have fun all and have a few for us saskatchewan fishies
 supermom1955
Msg: 42 (view)

Jaguars, Club Regent, first spring meet and greet / disco dance party March 21st!
Posted: 2/27/2009 10:35:42 PM
Well I have had the honor and experience of attending many meet & greets here in Regina over the past couple of years and also the opportunity to go to a couple of meet & greets when I was in Wales last year and have always had a great time and have met many great people some who have become awesome friends. I am now looking forward to this great opportunity of attending your meet & great and making more friends. I will be on the bus heading to Winnipeg as well so watch out fellower POFers as here we (Regina) come . It's pppaaarrrtttyyy time

Thumbs up to missinglink & shadow19 for organizing this get-to-gether from our end (SK) and thumbs up to enigma4you for organizing this get-to-gether from your end (MB) way to go guys and gal you rock
 supermom1955
Msg: 3 (view)

MEET & GREET COFFEE NIGHT Feb 13th
Posted: 2/10/2009 11:51:20 PM
oops sorry folks, i thought i posted the time but guess i never, my apologies will try and get it up there if not It is a drop-in anytime from 8:30 to 10:30 pm. looking forward to seeing and meeting a few POFers
 supermom1955
Msg: 1 (view)

MEET & GREET COFFEE NIGHT Feb 13th
Posted: 2/9/2009 9:30:38 PM
Come one - come all - all ages welcome

We thought we would try something different then the usual bar scene for a change for a Meet & Greet. We are going to try a weekly drop-in coffee night to be held every Friday starting this Friday, Feb. 13th. You are welcome to bring a friend and your children if you want as well. Details as follows:

PLACE: Humptey's Family Restaurant
1616 Albert Street, Regina

TIME: Drop-in anytime from 8:30 to 10:30 pm

HOSTESS: supermom1955
CO-HOST: uncan57

If you happen to be from out of town and are in Regina on a Friday evening, please make sure and stop by if you can, say hi and have a cup of coffee, tea or whatever you like. And no need to sign up - just show up.

Hope to see a few of you out on Friday night.
 supermom1955
Msg: 19 (view)

SWANSEA CHRISTMAS MEET SAT 20TH DEC AT THE RETRO
Posted: 12/19/2008 9:50:55 AM
Thnaks boot and yes all is well with me and will definately look up all I have met if I ever get back to Wales - Merry Christmas to you and the gang and have a Happy New Years as well xxxx
 supermom1955
Msg: 12 (view)

SWANSEA CHRISTMAS MEET SAT 20TH DEC AT THE RETRO
Posted: 12/15/2008 10:21:58 AM
I so wish I was still there to attend - well have a great time everyone and have a drink for me - maybe one day I will get back there for a visit and attend another meet - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all
 supermom1955
Msg: 60 (view)

What Do You To Relax When You'd Had a Bad Day?
Posted: 12/15/2008 10:08:41 AM
I like to relax and soak in a nice hot bubble bath and just think of the days events and see if I can come up with something to make it better in the future
 supermom1955
Msg: 32 (view)

spirit guides
Posted: 11/28/2008 1:29:40 PM
Yes I do believe in spirit guides, angels, fairies, etc and do have many around me. I do an Angel session with a lady who communicates with your Angels and guides at least every couple of months and have been told about past lives, what is happening in my life at the moment and get suggestions of what I should and shouldn't be doing.

We all have them - they are here to guide you - they never interfere in your decisions - they try to send messages to you but most people dont or refuse to hear them. When a person gets a gut feeling - good or bad, it is an instinct and actually messages from your angels and guides

It is hard to explain what the guides do and why some people have more then others. I only have about 4 - my 1 year old granddaughter has too many to count. Children can and will communicate with their angels and guides - my granddaughter does all the time. When parents say their kids have an imaginary friend they talk to - it is their angels they are talking too. If you are a parent who has had that happen and are open to the idea of guides and angels talk to you children about it. My daughter and I have been advised to start working with my granddaughter now even if she cant talk - watch for signs and listen to her mumbles as she is comminicating in her own way.

OP and anyone else who is interested - Doreen Virtue is one of the best authors on Angels, Guides, Fairies, etc and if anyone would like to discuss this more - please feel free to contact me.
 supermom1955
Msg: 8 (view)

~Swansea Christmas meet at THE RETRO~Dec 20th 2008~
Posted: 11/28/2008 1:04:35 PM
Sorry I won't be attending this meet as I will be in Canada by then as Storm*Chaser and I have broken up. I was actually looking forward to coming too :cry: Well if I am ever back this way and there is a meet I will make sure to come. Was nice meeting all who I have met and best of luck Boots and Jules to an eventful event...hugs to all
 supermom1955
Msg: 164 (view)

whats in your pocket? Hmm?
Posted: 7/9/2008 7:19:45 AM
nothing right now as I am still in my jammies and it is 3:18 pm here
 supermom1955
Msg: 4 (view)

Younger men, Older woman
Posted: 7/9/2008 7:14:57 AM
I don't think there is anything wrong with an older women in a relationship with a younger man. I knew a guy who married a women 20 years older then himself and they are still happily married. I have basically always have dated younger men by a couple of years younger then myself and have alway found they treat me with more respect then the older ones. All the guys my age or older I have found seem to not want to do much in way of entertainment etc and don't have much energy lol. Younger guys have that energy and can keep an older women feeling young sexy and wanted for more then just sex.

Right now I am in relationship with a very caring man who is a decade and a half younger then myself and he treats me as his equal as I do him. We love each other dearly and have been together for the past year and everything is great between us. It started out as a long distance relationship but has now come full bloom as we are together now. Where it goes from here is that we are both wanting a life together forever but neither one of us knows exactly if that will happen as you never know what the future holds for either one of us be it a separation, death etc, but we would always remember and cherish each other and the love we shared.

And NO ferruginous it is not a"mid-life crisis" or "to boost my self-esteem". I was over my mid-life crisis and have loads of self-esteem so I don't need a younger man to help me with that. As a matter of fact I find that guys my age or older can destroy a women's self-esteem if a women lets them. Then again men also go through mid-life crises and choose to be with a women a decade or two younger then themselves and no one thinks that is wrong for a guy to date a much younger women.

I give a thumbs up to all those older women and younger men who are dating or in a relationship even if it doesnt last. It shows that now-a-days they can be open and honest about it and not be ashamed and have to hide it.
 supermom1955
Msg: 10 (view)

Dating Site Scammers
Posted: 6/10/2008 5:55:07 PM
If anyone is interested check out www.romancescam.com - you can get the pics of both men and women Nigerian and Russian scammers and they also give you information on what to look for if you suspect someone being a scammer. I have in the past have had guys contact me while I was still in Canada and most said they were from England or the United States but were working in Nigeria and had lost their wives in a fatal accident and had a couple of children who were living with their mothers somewhere else. A lady I had met on one of the sites told me about the romance scam site so I checked it out and every guy I had chatted to were scammers. They get their pics from modeling sites or professional photography sites. So check out the site if you are interested as it gives you alot of information.
 supermom1955
Msg: 70 (view)

SWANSEA MEET - 7th June - Chicago Rock
Posted: 6/7/2008 2:33:58 AM
Being a Hostess from where I am originally from I am looking forward to attending my first meet over here with Storm and know I will enjoy myself immensely - you all sound like a great bunch to party with and am looking forward to meeting you all. See you later...
 supermom1955
Msg: 96 (view)

CARDIFF MEET TRADERS TAVERN 3RD MAY CF10 2EH
Posted: 5/2/2008 10:16:13 PM
Hi All...I wish I was in Wales now so that I could be attending with Storm - should have been a couple weeks later when I am there...l0l... but thats okay as we (Storm & I) will most likely be at your next one - probably a few of them as I will be there for quite awhile. It sure sounds like you all have a great time and wow your meets are 10 times bigger then ours here. Well you all have fun now and have a drink for me and pssstt don't let Storm get too drunk okay and make sure he behaves himself See you at your next meet - am looking forward too it and also looking forward to seeing the pics from this one.
 supermom1955

the engagment ring
Posted: 5/2/2008 7:36:46 PM
Awww thank you hun but like I said it is not the price that is important - it's the love that comes with it.
 supermom1955
Msg: 7 (view)

the engagment ring
Posted: 5/2/2008 11:35:17 AM
The price of an engagement ring is not important to me and as my sweetie Storm Chaser said "the ring is a sign of commitment and the love of wanting to be together forever" that is the most important thing and I would still be happy to receive a ring out of a bubble gum machine or Cracker Jack box if that is all he could afford. It would show that he really loves me and wants to take our relationship to the next level of commitment. I have previously been married and never even got an engagement ring as I knew at the time he loved me and that is all that mattered. So, my love (storm) how much you gonna spend on a ring for me
 supermom1955
Msg: 14 (view)

REGINA MEET & GREET BELATED VALENTINES DAY - Karaoke - February 16th, 2008
Posted: 2/12/2008 2:40:45 PM
Sorry won't be able to make it out this time - long ways to come from Wales for the meet but have loads of fun and have one for me
 supermom1955
Msg: 59 (view)

'Bowling For Fishies' Meet 'n Greet ! January 19, 2008
Posted: 1/13/2008 10:08:29 PM
I don't think I will be making it out on the 19th as an unforseen family matter has occured. I have removed my name and if things change which I don't think it will, I will just show up. Have fun all and hopefully can make it out to the next one.
 supermom1955
Msg: 11 (view)

'Bowling For Fishies' Meet 'n Greet !
Posted: 12/20/2007 5:54:06 PM
count me in - will be there with bells on LOL
 supermom1955

Get together in the New Year
Posted: 12/9/2007 9:39:15 AM
Marcy the dances are a good place to meet people as kahlua says but for some reason a thread cannot be posted for it even if a couple of pof members are on the board. The last couple of party threads that one member tried to advertised have been deleted and a few from over the past year as well when anything about the venue was mentioned so if even a mention of the place appears in this thread it will more then likely be deleted. Contact myself or kahlua and we can give you all the information.

Also if you plan on doing a meet and greet and post a party thread on it to have people sign up you cannot restrict it to a certain age group according to the rules for posting parties. It has to be open to all ages / status, etc. Check out the rules to see what can and cannot be posted to save yourself any hassles or your thread getting deleted and feel free to contact me if you like.
 supermom1955

DATING IN SASKATCHEWAN
Posted: 12/1/2007 8:47:01 AM
hey Dakota - now why would all us Saskatchewan women want to date a bomber fan when there are plenty of Rider fans we could date and Champs at that = even better LOL
 supermom1955
Msg: 20 (view)

Dublin's Irish Bar and Grill (Saskatoon) December 1st
Posted: 12/1/2007 8:29:14 AM
well i see some familiar faces signed up - wish I could come to see you all again - i was suppose to go see my new grandbabies but those plans changed and now am going to attend our meet and greet here in Regina.

Have fun everyone and for the ones that know me have a drink for me LOL - that means you to crazyindian... LOL
 supermom1955
Msg: 69 (view)

REGINA MEET & GREET - Karaoke - December 1st
Posted: 12/1/2007 8:25:04 AM
Well I am looking forward to tonight - has been a long time since I have been out to a meet - have missed the socializing - will be good to see all that I know and will be nice to meet new ones as well - see you all there
 supermom1955
Msg: 60 (view)

REGINA MEET & GREET - Karaoke - December 1st
Posted: 11/28/2007 6:05:51 PM
well i guess i will be able to make it out to this one - not sure how long i will stay or how much dancing i can do yet but will be good to get out and see some of the old and meet the new - see ya there

hey - I just made it the 70 person to sign up - do i get a free drink or somethin :laugh: :laugh:
 supermom1955
Msg: 21 (view)

wrestling
Posted: 11/28/2007 4:43:58 PM
hey storm all wrestling matches are fixed and yes i use to watch wrestling myself and my favs were stone cold, the undertaker and many more that i cant remember as i haven't watched it in years and yes of course bret hart was my all time favorite and as i have told you he is married to my son's step-cousin Julie and her sister Michelle married another wrestler but can remember who.
 supermom1955
Msg: 10 (view)

Roughriders
Posted: 11/26/2007 8:43:28 AM
well that was a good game shame the wrong team won..i choose a team and stand by it and super mom im not crying,i enjoyed the banter.

yes hun you did choose the wrong team - should have cheered along with the love of your life - now I expect to see my $5.00 in the mail right shortly and I will be sending you load of kleenex as you will be needing them I also enjoyed the bantering - it was so much fun but now hah I get the bragging rights and you don"t
YAY THE RIDERS BROUGHT HOME THE CUP
 supermom1955

Bombers Off To The Grey Cup:
Posted: 11/24/2007 7:56:51 PM
hey dakota i left a message for ya in the sask thread but can say it here as well - storm is secretly cheering for the riders cause he loves me - dont ya hun neither one of us know very much about the game but we have a bet going on and because i live in saskatchewan he decided he would cheer for the bombers and if it wasnt the bombers it would have been toronto - we are just having a little fun bantering back and forths as everyone else is. It is going to be a good game all in all - so may the best team win and if the Riders weren't in I would be cheering for the bombers as well and .........if it was BC vs Winnipeg I would be cheering on Winnipeg and he BC and if it was Toronto vs BC i would pick BC and he would pick Toronto - all in the name of fun fun fun Because I am from Sask I do hope the Riders win - no offence Winnipeg - I am just glad to see the 2 prairie provinces playing off against each other

GO RIDERS GO - YAY - SORRY JUST HAD TO SAY IT :LAUGH:

supermom1955
Msg: 12 (view)

Dublin's Irish Bar and Grill (Saskatoon) December 1st
Posted: 11/9/2007 5:46:04 PM
Hey Crazy I would love to come to toontown for the meet but I will be in Innisfail, AB to see my new twin grandchildren and celebrating my other grandson's 1st birthday. Would have been nice to see you again. Well you all have fun and have a drink for my and don't get too crazy
 supermom1955

goodbye for fiesty angel and her yankee getting married -november 3rd 2007
Posted: 10/23/2007 3:14:28 PM
Same goes for this one - all depends if I am up to it yet. I did have a chat with Fiesty as she personally asked me to come and told her that I will do my best - even if I just pop in and wish her a farewell and good luck with her new man.
 supermom1955

Impromptu Night at McNally’s - Oct. 26th
Posted: 10/23/2007 3:10:58 PM
Thanks Blondie - i will see how i am feeling by then
 supermom1955
Msg: 2 (view)

Impromptu Night at McNally’s - Oct. 26th
Posted: 10/23/2007 10:16:51 AM
does it cost anything to get in as i may be up to going
 supermom1955
Msg: 5 (view)

October 13th in the crown and hand
Posted: 10/16/2007 8:38:42 AM
Well it looks like I missed a good time - hope you all had a blast and had a drink or two for me. I am sure I will be able to make the next meet but not sure about the halloween bash yet. I am to take it easy for the next few weeks which means no dancing like I am use too Good to hear you had a good turn out - that is so awesome - congrats

Oh and special thanks to lonerider , blondie, mustang, mjguy and scottish-soul for the get well card - was very much appreaciated nice to know some people thought of me that night while they were partying hardy LOL

Now let's see all the pics
 supermom1955
Msg: 45 (view)

REGINA MEET & GREET - Karaoke - October 13th
Posted: 9/26/2007 11:33:38 PM
won't be able to make this one as I will probably still be in the hospital as I am having surgery done on the 11th and even if I am out of the hospital would be in no shape to attend anyways - but you all have fun now and have a drink or two or three for me
 supermom1955
Msg: 56 (view)

REGINA MEET AND GREET - Karaoke STYLE
Posted: 8/17/2007 8:17:16 PM
Not sure if I am coming yet as I have not been feeling well all week. I will play it by ear and if I feel up to it I will just show up.
 supermom1955
Msg: 48 (view)

New Sex Museum In London Would You Go ?
Posted: 8/16/2007 10:49:55 PM
^^^ Hey hun is this somewhere you plan on taking me when I come to visit you ..LOL ...could be very interesting me thinks especially exploring that long dark tunnel...LOL ... catch ya later online and we can talk about this
 supermom1955

Love, what does it mean to you?
Posted: 8/14/2007 12:01:22 AM
As quoted from my sweetheart "Storm*Chaser in which he had posted in the UK forums "Love Is" he says it all plus more.

- love is uncodicional
- love is peace of heart
- love is a word too easily used but not given
- love is a word said but sometimes not meant
- love is awesome when truely felt
- love is sharing the last rolo
- love is willing to die for the other

The following is also some he had also quoted in another thread "Romantic or Mushy" and I have changed some of the wording because what he quoted fits right in with what love is -
- love is when you look into each other's eyes and see the blooms of love
- love is when you savor the sweetness that lies beneath those flutter eyes-lashes
- love is when his arms are there to hold you close
- love is the power of his tender kiss
- love is when he treasures you beyond all that is possible
- love is when you live the dream and never want to wake or if awake never want to sleep

my thoughts as well on what love is:
- love is never having to say your sorry
- love is all the romantic or non romantic gestures he does that show me he is thinking of me all the time and surprises me with special emails, poems phone calls, etc.
- love is learning everything possible about the other be it good or bad and not hold anything against them for any wrong doings that have done in the past
- love is feeling the other persons pain and sorrow and having their shoulder to cry on
And true love is not being soul mates but being twin flames in which it is the strongest love any two people can share - you are connected at the heart and you complete each other whole heartedly and your souls become one.

(Storm if you are reading this I know you will not mind me quoting you or changing ssome of what you had said in your posts cause as you know I feel the same way )
 supermom1955
Msg: 40 (view)

WHATCHA DOING IN THIS WEATHER?
Posted: 8/13/2007 8:19:50 AM
Hey storm*chaser I would take your -5C winter temps any day compared to our -40C without the windchill ...lol....when it's to cold out I seem to hibernate for the winter and if too hot in the summer anything over +30C I am in front of my airconditioner trying to cool off. The perfect summer temp for me is +21 to +25C in the summer and anything below - 15C in the winter.

So what am I doing in this weather - I am enjoying it greatly as it is not too hot or too cold.
 supermom1955
Msg: 35 (view)

romantic or mushy?
Posted: 8/12/2007 4:36:14 AM
^^^ yes it is the gift of gestures that makes it all the more romantic - all the unexpected emails, phones calls and surprises make me the happiest and knowing that I am loved are way better then receiving flowers, chocolates and gifts - and even when they come unexpectedly would show that they are thinking of you lots and I in return have done the same thing for the one I care about too.
 supermom1955

Long weekend kick off party @ Stan's Place Aug 3rd
Posted: 8/1/2007 5:46:27 AM
would love to have come but it is our exhibition (fair) weekend that started today and am going to see clay walker or else I would be there - have fun and hope to make it there for another one soon.
 supermom1955

REGINA'S MONTHLY MEET PIX - JUNE 23
Posted: 7/29/2007 8:20:38 AM

super mom can't smile she forgot her falsies(and I'm not saying which ones)...haha I am so dead .
happy C day mom and bep and all the other party fishs

Yes you are so dead J-man (joking) it was a good time and you missed all the fun

Great party and great pics
 supermom1955
Msg: 11 (view)

Regina-Christmas in July
Posted: 7/24/2007 8:55:03 PM
sorry I never posted sooner but have be preoccupied - anyways was great to get out and see everyone again and yes I loved my bottle
 supermom1955
Msg: 121 (view)

Christmas in July - Regina get together
Posted: 7/21/2007 4:28:39 AM
geeze maybe I should have waited to sign up - dang it anyways - missed out again on a prize

Well thanks fiesty and shadow for showing concern as to if I was going to come out or not but I have been a little preoccuppied lately and actually what I told you fiesty was perhaps a little white lie about waiting to see if I was getting company or not - actually it was a couple who had met on here and got to know one another over at Friends that I was waiting to see if they could make it or not and wanted to surprise you, bep and shadow with their presence but seems like they have other committments so won't be able to make it this time but did say they would try to make it out one of these fine day.

And Shadow oh yes - we now have the 3 muskateers and the 2 muskateers in training all together once more - 1 for all and all for 1 - yeehaw and remember I am Queen of the Muskateers so I am and you are the hostess with the mostest even if you do drive a hard bargin so fiesty it is not all about you - it's all about the Muskateers And hey my fellow muskateers - how about we think of a good Muskateers Shooter for us all to celebrate our reunion.

Well I must go now and get some sleep if I can settle down some and have sweet dreams so I can be ready to party in a few hours - oh and I may be a little late as I will be getting a phone call from someone dear to my heart between 6 and 7 and we generally talk for an hour or more, so will be there after I get to talk to him. See you all there and looking forward to seeing the regular fishies as well as meeting the new fishies. Oh and bye the way my fellow muskateers - make sure there is a drink waiting for the Queen See you all there
 supermom1955
Msg: 9 (view)

Who watches Corner Gas?
Posted: 7/18/2007 6:51:21 PM
I watch it occassionally but back in June I had the opportunity to see some of the set - Emma's house and even had my picture taken with me standing in Emmas living room by all the pics on the wall. It was so cool and one of my best buds had his pic taken in the cafe and also with Oscar. What a blast that would have been.
 supermom1955
Msg: 68 (view)

who do you want to meet?
Posted: 7/18/2007 6:47:20 PM
Well I just recently meet my knight in shining armour - he is a very sweet and loving man as well as the perfect gentlemen - he is also a member on here but we actually found each other on the Friends site - go figure hey but the only problem is he lives in the UK but don't think that will be a problem as he plans on coming here to meet me in a few months unless I decide to take a holiday and go there to meet him first.
 supermom1955

why not Prince Albert
Posted: 6/24/2007 3:57:08 PM
yes I agree with crazyindian - it is easy to get a meet and greet going anywhere if someone is willing to get one going. Start one up yourself and you would be surprised who might show up - even out of towners.

Show ALL Forums