Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Conflicting Google Results.
 newstart1949
Msg: 15 (view)

Conflicting Google Results.
Posted: 9/15/2018 9:47:33 AM

anyone can answer the questions you post, cupcake.

Yes I know that anyone can answer the question. But the Forum is "ask a guy"
 newstart1949
Msg: 382 (view)

No Dinner
Posted: 9/6/2018 3:03:16 PM
Hey then there is the guy who avoids paying the bill, even when you suggest doing dutch treat..
Yea it happened...Only once.
 newstart1949
Msg: 18 (view)

Offering a background checking service for people who are skeptical about the first time meet up
Posted: 9/6/2018 2:59:21 PM
Hey when you end up with a few people who are actually married you learn to do some research. H3LL there are 3 guys on still on this site that are married & living with their spouse.
Even most dating sites will suggest doing some searching around prior to getting too involved.
If someone wants to google me that is fine with me for I have nothing to hide...
 newstart1949
Msg: 39 (view)

Age limits on messaging
Posted: 9/6/2018 10:48:54 AM
Just recently I found it funny that a 70 year old guys had an age limit of 50-60...
Guess he doesn't want a woman close to his age.
 newstart1949
Msg: 22 (view)

SCAMMERS
Posted: 9/6/2018 10:47:11 AM
Scammers come in all shapes and forms. Lately in my little neck of the world there were a bunch claiming that they were from this really small remote town around here with a population that is barely 3.5 k. Usually they talk about having a job that doesn't really fit in with the area, much less the town.
All I can say for anyone is use your gut instinct.
 newstart1949

Offering a background checking service for people who are skeptical about the first time meet up
Posted: 9/6/2018 10:42:18 AM
Your emails will a lot of times have your full name..
Anyone with brains would know the difference between a ??? in whoville and whatville, unless the guy is not being truthful about where they live.
Do I do a google on every guy I decide to meet up with--No..
But I do make sure I meet them at a public place that I know, and now some out of the way place.
 newstart1949
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 9/5/2018 4:57:36 PM

FYI, there are already tons of threads on doing a background check. Some people don't react favorably upon them, equating them with insecurity.

FYI this is "Ask A Guy" forum..I was seeking input from the other side.
Yes I did look at the other ones, which you already know about.
Thank YOU for your input
 newstart1949
Msg: 9 (view)

im i being unreasonable
Posted: 9/5/2018 4:52:12 PM
Since he had asked the call, and was expecting it, you were totally reasonable.
 newstart1949
Msg: 13 (view)

Posted: 9/5/2018 4:49:40 PM
#1 it was actually the man who brought up social media.
Not sure if I would have given mine out or not. We were talking in generalities. Stupid lie & if you are right about the reason then say so. I would have.
Comment mainly brought up so that others might know a simple google can give out quite a bit of information.
Right after asking on other thread I wrote a nice "Thank you for the meet. However, I don't think we are a match. God Bless & Good Luck".
 newstart1949
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 9/5/2018 3:42:45 PM
He was the one who brought up social media.
If he had asked for mine, I'm really not sure I would have given him it.
But like I said found he had told a few other stupid dumb lies...
Hey it over...But many this will be a heads up to others.
Simple google searches do work. Like one on this thread said, they found the guy was married.
Guess what I have found a couple of married men too by doing a simple google search.
If you can't pass a simple google name search, then obviously you don't belong on here.
 newstart1949
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 9/4/2018 8:16:51 PM
No big deal--but if they lie about something so trivia in casual conversation what will one lie about later.
No I did tell him it wasn't a match & left it like that.
Turns out he still wants to continue..So I had to let him off 3 times.
 newstart1949
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 9/4/2018 7:42:08 PM
It was not a background check it was a google of his name.
The lie was a stupid lie...We were just chatting and Face Book came up. We talked a bit about it. Within the conversation he said that he had not been on FB since his wife's death and didn't even remember his password.
Well a friend of mine who had see the obituary found the FB page..He's not too active, only about 2 or 3 posts a week but he is currently using it. What a stupid lie.
 newstart1949
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 9/3/2018 3:35:23 PM
It is really strange the number of people that don't realize what can be found with a simple google search on someone's name.
Just the other day I did a simple search prior to meeting the guy.
Ya he was widowed---Found his wife's obituary from 3 years ago.
Thought we had a really nice meet, but strangely he was not texting like he had before. No more good morning/good night texts or anything. No calls or emails.
For some reason I decided to look further into the names.
During conversation on our meet, Face Book came up to which he said he had not been on since his wife's death.
Turns out he still quite active on FB, which he said he had not done since his wife's death. ( was no big deal to me).
But after reading his time line I actually caught him in several more lies, some kind of small, but it was like WHY. To me if one will lie about insignificant things, they can be trusted later.
In mean time he finally answered my question about the meet saying he wanted to meet again and no he thought the meeting was good.
I have been slow on answering his texts cause I just don't feel right
Should I inform him of my discovery and/or just tell him we are not a match.
 newstart1949
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 9/3/2018 3:19:30 PM
It is really strange the number of people that don't realize what can be found with a simple googlesearch on someone's name.
Just the other day I did a simple search prior to meeting the guy.
Ya he was widowed---Found his wife's obituary from 3 years ago.
Thought we had a really nice meet, but strangely he was not texting like he had before. No more good morning texts or anything.
For some reason I decided to look further into the names. Turns out he still quite active on FB, which he said he had not done since his wife's death. ( was no big deal to me).
Actually caught him in several lies, some kind of small, but it was like WHY.
 newstart1949

Correspondece abruptly ends
Posted: 9/2/2018 12:29:52 PM
I understand your frustration.
Do believe that many on here just stop communicating with no rhyme or reason..
Had one who was messaging me non-stop, then it was emails and texts for 2 weeks.
We met and had what I thought was a nice long meeting for about 2 to 3 hours. Since the meeting nothing.
Hey if something in the messaging or the meet doesn't go right, I will message or text back saying so, especially if there has been a meet up.
 newstart1949
Msg: 16 (view)

Online Dating Fatigue
Posted: 9/2/2018 12:00:21 PM
What ticks me off is the ones you communicate with for a couple of weeks or so in messages, email, texts & phone. You finally meet up because every thing seems to click & then bang not even a word afterwards.
Hey if it don't work, at least text back that in person its not clicking. If I don't have the nerve to say it during the meeting, I at least text back something polite like "thank you for the meet, but don't think we are a match."
 newstart1949
Msg: 50 (view)

new 'mature age' way of saying no without actually saying no
Posted: 9/2/2018 11:45:05 AM
H3LL even a direct NO gets one no way.
I've had guys that I've nicely said that the distant was to far or just didn't think there was a match and then wish them luck
They then will keep coming back 2 or weeks times with crazy lines.
I live in the Northwest...Most anything outside of the Northwest is way to far at my age.
Many times I've usually ended up say NO and if the don't work I block them... Had one guy make a new profile to ask why I blocked them...
 newstart1949
Msg: 54 (view)

Triggers in profile photos
Posted: 9/2/2018 11:32:05 AM
Maybe its because of age but what irks me is men posting photos of them in bed or of only of their top portion with nothing on.
 newstart1949
Msg: 3 (view)

Are there really people that only reply to upgraded users?
Posted: 9/2/2017 5:34:12 PM
Yet so many of them say they aren't an upgraded member. So I do feel something is weird
 newstart1949
Msg: 228 (view)

Do you hide your political affiliation on dates?
Posted: 7/25/2017 7:29:41 PM
It does seem that in today's world it really matters whether you are a conservative or liberal.
In my profile I do have that I am a conservative patriot which I feel does discourage the liberals.
Yet what do you do with you realize you have been talking to a liberal who dishes the conservatives.
Would it be better to tell them or just stop communicating .
 newstart1949
Msg: 46 (view)

so phone numbers given out or not, that is the question ?
Posted: 7/21/2017 11:22:03 AM
Taking control to me means feeling comfortable.

Feeling comfortable will most likely NOT happen with two or three one sentence messages, especially when the profile is only a couple of sentences too.

Yes there are many ways to block one's number if you call. However in today's world I've heard there are ways to get around that too. If you not thinking & they don't accept blocked calls you might just accidentally screw up & give the number anyway.

For those that give out the number immediately, it does not help when you tell the person how silly they are being for not calling. When a contact goes that approach, even after I explain why I write them off. If they can't be understanding, sympathetic and patience in the beginning, that says they have some bad qualities I don't want in a person I date for a relationship.

As for taking chances in the outside world; at church, work and ??, we are looking at a lot more than a picture and typed words on a page. However, it can be just as scary and dangerous out there too.
 newstart1949
Msg: 49 (view)

Men Over 70
Posted: 7/20/2017 8:44:32 PM
First off never give up, there just might be that one special person out there whether you're 50, 60, 70 89 or ??.

Secondly what is it with men that feel that if you respond or message them very next step they want is a call. Yes I know I can block my number very easily. But what is wrong with a bit of on-line communication for a couple of days or so to get a feeling for each other.

Thirdly--Yes I am one of those that do believe that meeting sooner rather than later. Ideally I would like to message on POF for a a couple days(I'm talking conversations, not just a couple of one-liners). Then move on to emails, & with a meet within a week no more than two weeks.
 newstart1949
Msg: 42 (view)

so phone numbers given out or not, that is the question ?
Posted: 7/20/2017 7:05:28 PM
It really bothers me that a man feels that with just a few sentences one should immediately call them up. Then they get upset when you say not yet.
I am all for meeting sooner than later & at that time probably should have numbers in case something happens.
On-Line protocol says to try and get to know a person through a few emails prior to calling and/or giving out numbers.
Just my two cents.
 newstart1949
Msg: 26 (view)

scammers
Posted: 6/14/2017 2:22:49 PM
I have noticed the increase...Love the ones who have a ton of pictures that look nothing like the town they claim to be from.
I too don't like to be greeted in an opening email with Sexy, Sweety Dear or any other of those romantic terms that are for people who have had a few dates.
 newstart1949
Msg: 31 (view)

What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/17/2017 9:35:58 PM
Creepy to me is when some guy sends me a first message loaded with words like honey, sweetie, deary and other words that one might use with someone you have been dating for a while, or at least met.
 newstart1949

Old Pictures
Posted: 5/23/2016 6:22:06 PM
I checked and really didn't find any thread less than a couple of years old on this.
Why do people post pictures that are more than a couple of years old. Don't they realize that when you meet its is quite obvious that your pictures are old.
Just met a guy who did that and laughed about it when we had a meeting which he showed up for 15 mins late for.
 newstart1949
Msg: 28 (view)

You get blocked just for sending a message?
Posted: 12/9/2015 10:28:10 AM
Wow the site is really weird. I just got the nicest message from a user.
Since I was on line I replied back almost immediately.
When I clicked send I was informed that he had blocked me.
Is this some type of game that some of the POF people play, I mean he contacted me.
 newstart1949

Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/13/2015 10:36:45 PM
They say that “Outer beauty pleases the EYE. Inner beauty captivates the HEART.”
Yet what does one do when you meet someone who has obvious missing teeth with no type of bridge or dentures.
Was just curious, especially in this day and age with there are so many places that will give reduced rates for not only medical but dental based on financial resources.
Anyone come across a issue like thin? If so how did you handle it.
 newstart1949
Msg: 424 (view)

Does it matter if he lies about his age
Posted: 2/11/2015 11:31:54 AM
H3LL I remember setting up a younger lady friend of mine with a guy I had met..He had told me that his Profile was wrong about his age and he was 5 years younger. I believed him and felt he was too young for me so set him up with a younger friend. Turned out he was older than me by almost 6 years older than me and very psycho too..
 newstart1949
Msg: 75 (view)

Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/11/2015 10:55:56 AM

Of course, there's one huge cabeat, we have already had plenty of REAL sex.
I think that men that do it before they have been intimate with the woman are a little creepy. Built the intimacy first, build the communication and trust first, exchange some real fluids first, before you start sending this type of message.

These are my thoughts exactly. It is very creepy to have this happen, especially with all the stories out there of people who are not who they proclaim to be.
Playful banter is one thing, but picture or real descriptive sexual texts is another.
 newstart1949
Msg: 62 (view)

Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/10/2015 8:05:18 PM
I think what gets me is the guy who start sextxing even before you have met.
Was emailing with a guy for the last couple of weeks, and yes we were doing some bantering around; Hugs, kisses and then next thing I know it was like the OP said I got some explicit texts..Got called a prude on top of it when I said he had crossed the line... Like I told the guy I have not even met you and that is something I don't do, especially with strangers...
 newstart1949
Msg: 70 (view)

Quick meet first time.Good or bad idea?
Posted: 6/23/2014 2:54:48 PM
I probably set a record today on a first meet.
We were to meet up for lunch at 11:30...I arrive a few minutes before 11:20 and walk in. Upon walking in I recognize him immediately say hi are you ........?
He replies with a "Yes, you arrived right on time I've been waiting 10 mins"
I reply with " I think I'm early or wasn't it supposed to be 11:30? "
He bluntly replies with "Yes but I got here 10 mins ago after driving an hour and a half! (we already discussed distance as a problem but he was the one who insisted on talking and then a meet.)
I replied with it was about an hour for me, since traffic was a bit weird today. (At that time I start to put my keys in my purse) and he goes "Typical woman always digging in big luggage purses"
At that point I tell him I don't think this is a match and that I don't think it be fruitless to go any further.

I have made it through many rough meets but this one took the cake..
 newstart1949
Msg: 163 (view)

Being stood up
Posted: 2/12/2014 4:15:10 PM
I think the funniest was the guy who stated he was 5'6..I wore flat sandals and was taller then him...I'm 5'3, more like 5'2 and a half...
 newstart1949
Msg: 162 (view)

Being stood up
Posted: 2/12/2014 3:45:59 PM
Think anyone that has had more than a couple of meet ups have been stood up....
Will say there have been a few times I cut the conversation very short, or felt like running before even going to the table...
(its really bad when the pictures and descriptions are way off).
 newstart1949
Msg: 29 (view)

how do you sleep when your partner's cpap machine is so loud
Posted: 2/12/2014 3:06:07 PM
Wear earplugs, and try an over the counter sleeper.
 newstart1949
Msg: 2 (view)

Traveling Romeo
Posted: 12/16/2013 10:19:27 AM
With all the dating horror stories out there now adays, NO WAY!!!
Hope you stopped communicating with him..
 newstart1949
Msg: 37 (view)

what can you learn about another person in just one meeting/date?
Posted: 12/13/2013 10:05:36 PM
If they lied about anything physical, or if their pictures are older than dirt...
Depending on what types of questions are asked and/or answered...A lot ...
 newstart1949
Msg: 6 (view)

Strange Email to my account
Posted: 12/13/2013 10:03:30 PM
Another site where he winked and then after he kept liking pictures at almost one every day for 3 days I finally said hello nice profile..
 newstart1949

Strange Email to my account
Posted: 12/13/2013 3:34:32 PM
Guy writes back they are in a relationship. They don't think it is working and "thinks he will be free in week"

Would you respond or ??? To me this seems like someone trying to have their cake and eat it too...
 newstart1949
Msg: 301 (view)

Posted: 12/7/2013 12:55:09 PM
A lie is a lie, no matter how minor it might seem to you. When you lie it tends to make those around you wonder about the other things you have said..Are you truthful in other things or are they also lies.
If you shave a few years off your age for what ever reason it is a lie...
 newstart1949
Msg: 386 (view)

skirt length when over 50
Posted: 11/21/2013 12:18:53 PM
Goldie Hawn and Cher pull off the shorts and short dresses quite well...
Take an honest look at yourself ......even some women in their early 30s and early 40s should not be in skirts more than 3 or 4 inches above the knee...
 newstart1949
Msg: 30 (view)

I already know the answer to this question....
Posted: 11/21/2013 10:13:36 AM
That guy is most likely the same one many of us have had contact us .....
Just another scammer..
 newstart1949
Msg: 294 (view)

Posted: 11/21/2013 8:32:35 AM
I am finding this more and more in the dating sites. Seems that the trend for shaving more than just a year or two off their age, especially those that are in their 60s. Meanwhile their profile is filled with the words that they are sincere, honest, trustworthy and other similar synonyms. I have personally met a few of these and they seem to think that it’s just fine. Met one guy that I kind of joked with him about living a harsh live instead of being 65, I found out he was 72. It slipped out when he said his HS graduation year.
 newstart1949
Msg: 77 (view)

Sends Me Her Phone Number Same Night, Red Flag?
Posted: 8/3/2013 8:00:55 AM
It seems that lately most of the guys on here first message is call me and their number.
To me this is a bit weird...Is this the new norm for online dating or ???
 newstart1949
Msg: 8 (view)

None existing date
Posted: 6/23/2013 2:39:11 PM
No I did not realize that one...Boy that really leaves it open for a lot of jealousy crap.
 newstart1949
Msg: 6 (view)

None existing date
Posted: 6/23/2013 1:12:11 PM
Thank you Cowboy for the input..
When I first saw it I thought it was kind of neat, but then I realized how it could be misused by anybody.
I actually hope that Marcus does have some second thoughts about this feature and removes it.
 newstart1949
Msg: 27 (view)

Do you find online dating easier or harder than real dating?
Posted: 6/23/2013 1:09:00 PM
I think the worse thing about Online Dating is that one bad experience can sometimes make you overly suspicious of what is out there...
This is why total honesty is so very important with on-line dating, even about what one might think is minor white lies.
 newstart1949
Msg: 598 (view)

Should performing a background check on a potential bf/gf be considered as a sign of insecurity?
Posted: 6/23/2013 12:57:57 PM
After all the TV shows on Facebook, its really interesting what can be found on Facebook..
 newstart1949
Msg: 272 (view)

Posted: 6/23/2013 11:31:36 AM
I feel that any lie is not good, except for the type that one uses because of presents, surprise parties, and etc.
To me anyone that lies about age, height, weight or ??? will lie again. Thus the catch becomes can you trust them in the future to be telling the truth even about the things that truly matter.
I too have run across this dilemma quite a few times, small lies that would not make a difference in the first place . My favorite was the guy who said he was 5 ft 7. I'm 5 ft 3 and he was shorter than me, and I was wearing flat sandals for the meet.
Now I have a feeling its happened again.
Since we started doing regular email, I now know his full name and he knows mind. So I did a search and found him on Facebook. It looks like he is not being truthful about his location. Its not the location that is a big deal but the idea that that there is a good chance that he is lying about it.
Did not ask directly, just asked about the various places he had lived prior and still no mention of the town he has listed on Facebook.
Next is to ask directly, and/or tell him what I found.
People if you are really serious about a relationship then be upfront and truthful. If they are asking questions that you feel are intrusive just say so and tell them you don't think its is the right time to be going there, don't lie for it will eventually catch up with you.
 newstart1949
Msg: 19 (view)

Why would a man juggle 2 girls at the same time?
Posted: 2/26/2013 6:28:02 PM
H3LL my brother-in-law was juggling 6 girls at the same time, and was wondering if he should see if he could add one more to make it one for every day of the week...Two of them even had the same name...

The best friend of my ex was juggling 5 and using one of the girl's apartment for his personal love shack when she was at work....

Guess thats Los Angeles for you...

Not sure why anyone man or woman would do that...

Show ALL Forums