Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Turning down the bed, and whoever was in it
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 46 (view)

Turning down the bed, and whoever was in it
Posted: 12/14/2018 9:48:31 AM
i think a question that hasn't been raised is...is there a difference between telling your live-in partner/spouse "not tonight dear" and your paramour you see on the weekends "sorry, not in the mood, maybe next time we're together"? is the blow cushioned when you get turned down tonight but might get lucky in the shower tomorrow? or is all rejection the same?

what do boys get told to keep women happy? for most, we're too young to have heard, "happy wife, happy life" and other recent slogans...but i think there was something about...jewelry? :) on a more serious note, its amusing how many new couples get a baby, and the husband forgets to have any more date nights, and then the marriage gets strained. i think some young fellows were advised something along the lines of "don't make her the maid" and "don't take her for granted".
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 8007 (view)

will there be many more chiefs of staff in this white house?
Posted: 12/14/2018 9:42:41 AM
Classic Chump--his pecker got him in trouble yet again.

funny how none of the apologists here had anything to say about Pelosi b1tch-slappin' him around the Oval Office. I guess they realize even Obama would have been less likely to look like a petulant five year old holding his breath. At least chump told the truth about the GOP--they won't mind hurting their voters with a government shutdown. and that should help our credit rating, too, coming at the end of the year.

will chump throw his family members under the bus? he'll likely do what a narcisist does. the question is, when he has a nervous breakdown that reality doesn't fit his image of himself...exactly which adult will be left in the White Again House to step in? who will have the moral courage to say its finally time?

sure won't be the GOP. they haven't been able to do it yet.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 50 (view)

Mr. Right turn
Posted: 12/14/2018 9:38:00 AM
I'll bet the OP has figured this all out by now. but its an interesting post, since we've been peripherally talking about these topics lately. We have a person who doesn't have time for a relationship, but really wants to feel good. She lusts for a man she keeps labeling out of her league ("Not much future in it, more because of his much higher refinement, education, carriage"). He's in a race to lock her down, since she looks hawt no matter what age is on her profile :) maybe he's got the honeymoon hormones going. she's distracted by his looks to notice she doesn't have time and doesn't have $300 to lose on a hot saturday night.

in the end, how do we ever put the brakes on a relationship? well, we risk the source of our pleasure by...pointing out the truth. but what if our partner steamrollers right over it? how many times do we have to point out reality to them? are we responsible for opening up their eyes while they are in honeymoon bliss?
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 33 (view)

How to Know If Your Partner Is Financially ‘Cheating’ in Your Relationship
Posted: 12/14/2018 9:34:39 AM
"If a woman I date moves in to my house per mutual agreement, I wouldn't make her pay for lodging or utilities: that would be like treating her like a roommate."

>>>sadly enough, i think after the honeymoon lust wears off and the fun of playing house and sex-at-any-hour wears off...most people would want a financial accounting to avoid, oh, let's call it abuse of the other's good nature.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 24 (view)

Would relationships be better if the honeymoon hormones never went away?
Posted: 12/14/2018 9:32:54 AM
part of the problem may be, a relationship is like a business agreement. when we're in lust, we don't look elsewhere, but once we have "the talk", we officially agree everyone else is forbidden fruit. we also agree to be there for the other person, even when we don't want to be, and a bunch of other "requirements". things are expected of us, things that maybe we didn't do in the honeymoon phase but our partner overlooked it.

interestingly enough, some of us look down on the honeymoon phase as immature. relationships are a sign of adulthood. all those PDAs turn our stomach. perhaps a healthy honeymoon phase allows us to be kids again, to enjoy life, find the joie de vivre. but how many grownups naturally turn away from any scenario where they have to be drunk on life and willing to be a little foolish?
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 139 (view)

if wishes were horses, beggars would ride for free
Posted: 12/14/2018 9:24:55 AM
"What I've found is that better-looking guys who are interested in me, are really only after sex. Even a lot of the average-looks guys are just after sex....and I've tried dating guys I'm not attracted to because their personalities fit and they seem like they have honourable intentions but there's things about their personalities that end up bothering me a lot, things that I would probably overlook if I was attracted to them. I have come to completely mistrust good-looking guys on pof."

>>>and then there are guys who complain they only find women looking for free meals or someone to put into the friend zone.

"Looks are quite subjective I find. Although I get what appeals to the masses....most of the world sees them as attractive. I do, at times, find what the rest of world likes as highly attractive and appealing …I find appealing in real life doesn't typically follow what the masses would be attracted to."

>>>and that's the allure of online dating. we get exposed to the masses. hopefully the odds fall into our favor.

"try being in limbo"

>>>alas, its just like wealth...if you aren't certain you're rich, then you are somewhere in the middle class. the truly rich don't have to wonder if they're rich. its pretty obvious, even to them. for example, they don't have to ask what it costs...they know they can afford it.

"This site is known as a hook up site. If you don't know the history here's the down and dirty ... It was started by Neil Strauss the author of "The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists". It was a place where those wanting to be "pickup artists" could ply their craft. So it started as a hookup site. That is why it was kept free. Guys would come in here use pre-written profiles, use pre-written lines, and those selling the pickup ebooks could say "see it works!!!". Match picked it up a while back and has been attempting to change it ... but it won't change. Hell the name "Plenty of fish" implies you don't need to pick one, there's plenty of them out there."

>>>funny, i don't remember this mentioned in the book--i thought this site was started by a Canadian named Markus

"Rarely are there decent guys well out of a relationship who want a relationship. Those guys get snapped up fairly quickly so they aren't on pof long."

>>>its true, people who are good catches...tend to have opposite sex friends they share a lot in common with. surprisingly...these people tend to connect when the moment's right.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 5 (view)

hopefully she loves the other white meat
Posted: 12/10/2018 9:29:13 AM
oh well, if she doesn't like bacon, don't stick around for breakfast :)
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 140 (view)

DEMOCRATS TAKE THE HOUSE. THE END OF TRUMP?
Posted: 12/10/2018 9:27:18 AM
that's a nice prediction about the Democrat party. they do love to miss an opportunity, and while Chump only has to sell racism to Republicans, the Dems are trying to get everyone else. but hey, Chump ran 3 times before he faced a crowd of 18 other republicans and won on identity politics, so let's not chortle too much.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 7983 (view)

Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?
Posted: 12/10/2018 9:25:04 AM
yeah, he's going to need a distraction from what's going on.

ten bucks, he finds some way to blame Obama.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 124 (view)

if wishes were horses, beggars would ride for free
Posted: 12/10/2018 9:21:00 AM
"Guess you guys aren't as smart as you think you are..."

>>>I'll agree, not all men are as intelligent as i :) but let's go to the instant replay...a human being asks a rhetorical question in order to make a point. I counter with science that suggests the point isn't entirely valid. the person suggests science and educated guesses aren't important, its what the person "feels" is true, that matters. some people do indeed prefer to go thru life working on what they "feel" is right...and if they can get away with that, then good for them. the rest of us are stuck with the way life is.

" if someone was to ask you out in real life, at least you would know they like your looks/personality before they meet you. Instead you have no idea whether they like your looks before you go on a first date/meetup. "

>>>i've seen forum females post an initial photo that looks great from that angle, and then another comes up and i've changed my mind.

"I have experienced it so many times "

>>hard to argue with what we constantly observe--esp. if we're the type to ask "why does this keep happening?". some ladies are physically attractive, even standing still. pleasing figure, wonderful cheekbones, eyes you can lose yourself in. Other women can be sexy by revealing a "come-hither" look. a fellow who hasn't had fun in a long while, is turned on by the promise in her body language, even if not by her body. she can satisfy his "needs", even if she doesn't match his list of wants. dating people we know, does give us a better idea of our chances--assuming we're smart enough to pay attention and get our ego out of the way.

" think a healthy amount of narcissism can be good in dating"

>>>it has been proven to work well. some people mistake narcissism for confidence. also, when you don't count how many times you've been shot down, you're inured to getting shot down, and you keep asking people out until the odds work in your favor.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 6 (view)

Would relationships be better if the honeymoon hormones never went away?
Posted: 12/6/2018 9:35:51 AM
the partner who is more enamoured, may be the one who continues to glow with excitement. as Miki pointed out, however, life gets in the way if we aren't a member of the idle rich. i've known some people who go from relationship to relationship, "in love with being in love", to keep that honeymoon feeling going regardless of who's warming their bed.

"the newness wears off, they revert"

>>>sometimes, what happens is people put on their best front to snare us, and when they realize we've committed, drop the act and because they feel so comfortable in our acceptance of them....become their true selves. unfortunately, if we went into a relationship in order to get the honeymoon thrill, and didn't pay attention beyond the act or question how this person could be so perfect...then we have contributed to this downfall.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 108 (view)

If looks do matter.
Posted: 12/6/2018 9:28:04 AM
"You're so young and so messed up. You have no idea what a healthy relationship is (because) you have no idea of your worth"

>>>I'm not picking on one person, just using her quotes as a starting off point.

Most youth aren't ready for a healthy relationship--that's why we label them, immature. Some of us don't remember the mistakes they made when younger, and others do and that's where their anger springs from. I do understand, not everyone's purpose for dating is the same. anyone who has taken elderly parents to dinner knows, appetites decrease slowly over age as to not be noticed. some of our older friends order from the menu as if they still had a 25 yr old metabolism to feed :) and i personally known women who didn't use looks to determine a partner, simply b/c they needed a partner to be their knight in shining armour (suffered from high anxiety, etc) and run their daily lives for them. i don't agree with what July does, but i understand where her thinking comes from, where her frame of mind is at.

"you are unable to do much more than lament your poor lot in life, which has come about mostly because of your poor decisions."

>>>ironically, if we are in a position we put ourselves into, should we cope with that situation, or a situation we wish we were in? we would look askance at someone spending money as if they were a millionaire. as for broads complaining about their lives yet not wanting advice on how to fix the problem...you want to hear guys tell you what it feels like? lol

July once mentioned she thought sleeping with a certain man would raise her self esteem. we can judge her for that, and some of us will post elsewhere about the mistakes we made, or we'll look at some MTGOW guy who is pointing fingers, and take him down for being a finger-pointer like we are.

in a perfect world, we all should take time off from others, go to a safe place, and meditate our way to mental healthiness. but for some, that gets in the way of answering the call of life. again, if July wasn't getting something out of this relationship, she would have treated that particular man the same way she treats every man in her life she isn't sleeping with. ie, she wouldn't be having "good sex" with him.

"not to pick on just you for saying this....as I have seen it posted numerous times....and I always wonder the same thing...
If sex was designed just for creating more lives....why are women built to have an orgasm?....it isn't necessary to the creation process."

>>>its a smart question, and since i'm typing this from a public library, i'm not sure i can do links to such a subject. but google "why do women orgasm" and you'll find scientific articles on it. there's a bit more theory than fact, but hey, men have always had a hard time proving why women do what they do :)

(just kidding, but its interesting to know, if one wonders what drives humans)
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 7966 (view)

Will President Elect Donald Trump go quietly into that good night
Posted: 12/6/2018 9:15:26 AM
oh well, the evangelicals as always will have some excuse for it. so sad.

chances are, chump's advisors told him not to repeat it in a church. would be embarassing if POTUS burst into flames.

still, the Bush family promised there would be no digs at POTUS like McCain's funeral, and in return they got permission from the WH to use Air Force One as an uber. so it all works out in the end.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII

Peace is euthinized by war, Kellyann conherway says opinions are now
Posted: 12/6/2018 9:08:58 AM
oh goodness, Vlad, you're Globalist Derangment Syndrome really has you looking everywhere. Personally, the only trump derangement syndrome i can spot, is when republican critics Lindsey Graham and Mitt Romney reverse everything bad they said about Chump on the campaign trail, to now curry positions in his administration.

"Who are the trump apologists and who is flattering bush? Because i see nothing of that likesy."

>>>i understand why you don't see much of it, your politics and domestic affairs don't get a lot of coverage over here, either. when John McCain passed, the president wasn't invited to the funeral, which is very odd. Most of the eulogies praised McCain for having everything chump lacks. for the Bush funeral, the Bush family promised chump there would be no repeat of that. the official explanation is the family wanted the former president's remains to travel on Air Force One, and since the sitting president controls the use of the presidential plane, a deal was made. The remaining former presidents still alive, sat in front and talked with each other, benefitting the story that it is an exclusive club and they understand each other. but when chump arrived, half the crew stared straight ahead, treating him with the same disrespect he gave them, and the mood was quite terse.

"Er yep. And who on here is praising that? Surely YOU should though. You love globalism and cheap exploited labour.................Yes but you are a globalist. Surely you panted with excitement? Yous globalists are very chucklesome sometimes............."

>>>more globalist derangement syndrome :) look under your bed, you may find more of them. every time a trump apologist is accused of being xenophobic or outright racist, they claim they were swayed by chump's attacks on the republican establishment...or on the new world order. Yet they haven't taken an opportunity to chastise Bush for the same thing they feared about HRC (including going to wars). maybe their anger is only selective. maybe they don't know what to be angry about unless they are told what it is. chump even criticized the late bush, you'd think the trumpanzees would remember that. except they can never seem to recall what it was chump lied about yesterday, whenever he gets caught in it today.

"postscript, do you have any points in the OP's post?"

>>>well, i did change the title of the his post, to point out how much chump fits into his criticism.

"in most tribal groups in which the USA is the best exaggerated example, especially currently as its so overt, is that the nation, the extended family, becomes exclusive at the expense of all others. The other must therefore be seen as the outsider, a danger or threat to the vulnerable family population, which justifies imposition of incremental draconian social and economic restrictions towards the perceived threat, as well as the national brood but to a lesser extent. "

>>>that statement needs no qualification from me. he mentions the US. does his following commentary on divorce refer to a president thrice-divorced? :) i doubt he's that literal.

"So lies become truths, peace is really war, as the political manoeuvrings and subliminal and relentless excrement is not just sugared for the indigenous population but actually propagated as sweeter, and nutritionally superior to sugar."

>>>he's referring to chump tweeting to his base. "lock her up" for her private email useage, unless its my daughter.

"Psychopaths are experts at manipulating your emotions and insecurities causing you to view them as the victim."

>>>i wouldn't label chump a psycho just yet, but a narcissist. and doesn't he manipulate the emotions of his apologists, that they feel victimized in their globalist derangment syndrome.

"ne can see the patterns that political psychopaths use to further themselves, always blaming the other, usually the helpless, poor, and outsiders for any convenient distraction the economic or social situation of their own populations. "

>>>recently it was Guiliani, Chump's cybersecurity expert, blaming twitter for a link on his own misspelling.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 95 (view)

If looks do matter.
Posted: 12/5/2018 10:58:09 AM
a human body doesn't need sex to survive, just to propigate the species, which it was designed for (tho it is supposed to be great for the prostrate). Psychologically, however, we do "need" to feel wanted and desired. and we seek pleasure. I probably should have compared sex to brackish water--when dying of thirst, one won't deny water that could cause dysentery, as unfortunately Third World nations have discovered.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 26 (view)

DIabetes and dating
Posted: 12/5/2018 10:50:47 AM
every first week in December (ie, now), my allergies go into overdrive and i get post nasal drip which results in sternum-cracking coughing. in short...nothing you'd want to go on a first date with.

yet, i asked out a woman i ended up losing my cherry to, the week before this happened to me, and by the weekend for our first date, it hit with a vengence and i hacked my way thru the whole evening. i was quite sure i had no chance of a second date, but she was trying to get over an ex bf she continued to work with 5 days a week, and so a second date occurred, and then a third, and so on.

when we're interested...or just driven to get some pleasure....we don't let much get in our way. Otherwise, we can find an excuse anywhere :)
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 14 (view)

backcreek 7's playlist ~ all music welcomed !
Posted: 12/5/2018 10:42:36 AM
considering what's in the news this week, i would be tempted to suggest Neil Young's "rockin in the free world" as a salute.

but since this is a dating site, i'll suggest the Go-Go's ode to all curvy women, "Throw Me a Curve". If you like a rocking beat, maybe BC will post the lyrics for you.

for the nice guys just wishing to get a woman out of their league, maybe Tad Bachman's (son of BTO) "she's so high"

A fav of mine for the holiday, even if it seems sad (yet at least he got to date the gal, unlike some of us who never got past the FZ), Dan Folgerberg's "aulde lang sing" about lost opportunities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwtkZ7oTv1o

(but hey, i'm the type who thinks coldplay's "man who ruled the world" is upbeat only b/c at one time, he was on top of the world.)
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 7964 (view)

Posted: 12/5/2018 10:37:55 AM
"the jobs that "exist because of them" entail wearing a blue vest that says "Low, Low Prices," ..or... "How may I help you?" making peanut$, vs automotive manufacturing jobs of yesteryear."

>>>i'm surprised, Ss454...i thought you knew more about the american economy than that propaganda. if you listen to the news this past month, you heard Trump talk about all the money made selling weaponry to the Saudis (of course he inflated it, and there was an opportunity to sell Boeing aircraft to Iran, but those jobs he thought were worth losing). so, there's some manufacturing, and of course there's others, as well (Catapillar, Carrier, Boeing, etc). Also, if you keep up on the news, you know that american farmers sell soy to china--or at least they used to. this fiscal year, farm bankrupcies are up 50% b/c soy sales to china went down 90%. so there's some old-school income via global sales. and Chump just redid NAFTA (created before the internet existed, it obviously needed updating). Why would he do that, if it didn't benefit the american worker? you're not implying he's out to screw american workers, are you? that would make those who voted for him, rather silly.

america HAS reduced its goods exports over the decades, that is correct. One way to keep those scary immigrants out is to create well-paying jobs in their own countries, and that results in competition for sales if the global markets aren't doing well and those nations have a lower cost of living (China, for example, is raising wages in response to that "one child policy" of the old days biting them now in the ass). but we now the world's third largest exporter of natural gas, and we are competing with OPEC for oil (from wells in states that have lost coal mining jobs, and of course Texas refineries benefit as well). We have also switched to services. we export a lot of that, its hard to count and track, and it favors the blue states who think going to college is a good thing.

as for america being a trading sucker...if we get cheaper raw materials out of the deal, then we can build final products that are affordable. a working class family can shop at walmart for a middle class lifestyle. and the world does everything it can to keep our currency afloat, b/c its in their benefit to do it. 'cause we sure as fvck aren't doing a damn thing to keep our currency afloat, with all these deficits.

the thing is, things change. we all grew up without cellphones and the internet. we ran our lives without these tools, and then these tools came about and business took off with them. Those who learned to adapt to these changes, have a good income as a result. those who stuck their head in the sand and didn't learn how to use email and text and every other computer based tool that business takes for granted...haven't done as well.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 3 (view)

Peace is euthinized by war, Kellyann conherway says opinions are now
Posted: 12/5/2018 10:27:09 AM
First off, ThisJustIn, Israel and ZOG are yesterday's news. Now we look, again, at how the Saudis influence the White House, whether its chump or the Bush family.

Second...wtf is wrong with you trump apologists this week, with all the flattery on the late George Bush (LGB)? i know you folks really can't say anything unless conservative news spoonfeeds you what you want to feel and rail against, but you can't think on your own? I mean, LGB IS THE ESTABLISHMENT REPUBLICAN. You say you voted chump not for the racism, but for his anti-establishment views, and here we are this week hearing how LGB is everything chump is not, and you trumpanzees....can't find anything to say?

this is the president who sold you THE NEW WORLD ORDER. that global economy crap Vlad et al can't stand. he brought you NAFTA before billy clinton. but Faux News hasn't told you to be angry about it, so you are silent. LGB sent April Glaspee (sic) to tell Saddam it was ok to invade, and when he did, america didn't want to run to the defense of rich oil-ogarchs running to resorts in Europe while we fought their war. so LGB repeated the lies of the Kuwaiti ambassador's daughter that Iraqis were pulling babies off incubators. That Iraqi tanks were on the border. I thought you guys liked Chump b/c he wasn't warlike as HRC, yet here's LGB getting praised for war propaganda and you trumpanzees hide under a table, afraid to speak out.

i do get that you approve of the racist willie horton ads. i don't expect you to speak out against it. but maybe you got upset when LGB went to a grocery store and famously didn't know they had UPC scanners b/c he's so out of touch of the common man to actually do his own shopping.

anyway, its just funny, your silence on a deceased leader who represents everything you claim to hate. maybe when conservative news tells you how to be outraged, you finally will. and as usual, the liberals will have beaten you to it. until then, once again we all get to see your outrage is just selective.

:)

(now we'll see if anyone gets off their kiester to express their disgust. I didn't cover everything the LGB did that should upset trumpanzees, i wanted to give them some room to express something that looks like their own opinion.)
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 93 (view)

If looks do matter.
Posted: 12/5/2018 10:12:37 AM
" If there's something broken or breaking it you either get it fixed or slap some duct tape, bondo, and paint on it to look new again."

>>>unfortunately, this means "lie and deceive". but all is fair in love and war, right? :)

"the horse is dead, Jim"

>>>yes, but if it looks a lot like the horse we rode in on...then its a personal subject to us, and we'll defend it so.

"We all let other people determine our self-worth."
"Self worth is learned"

>>>it is learned when we grow up, so both statements are true at that cycle of our lives. then we hopefully grow up and make our own decisions. As i've posted before, strangers will treat us based on how we treat ourselves...until those strangers get to know us better and make further choices based on that added knowledge. until they, all they have to work on, is to observe what the expert on us (which would be us) is doing with us.

ultimately, a sexual relationship is perfectly fine for those who haven't gotten any in a long while. we aren't settling, any more than the man who crawled thru a desert, settles for a glass of warm water. but once sex becomes more availible...we want more than it. the same human nature that got us out of caves and fur pelts eating raw meat and into houses with donna Karran on our backs eating filet mignon, makes us unsatisfied with what we have and strive for more.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 274 (view)

migrant caravan
Posted: 12/1/2018 9:44:48 AM
and one of the things the Iranians spent it on, was helping Syria fight ISIS in its own country. and probably the Quds Force spent some of it fighting ISIS in Iraq.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 2 (view)

Hello, how are you let me show you my game
Posted: 12/1/2018 9:43:45 AM
i guess that makes him Justin Time
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 7957 (view)

Posted: 12/1/2018 9:41:20 AM
"assuming the dems don't sully their own accomplishments"

>>>if there's one thing the Dems are known for, its they always begin a firing squad by forming a circle :(

they'll have to not lose focus on the ball, to try to include every little group under the big tent.

GHW Bush has passed, I wonder if the family will take a page from the McCain funeral, or will they invite the amoral man who had so many nice things to say about George and Jeb. I was never a fan of the men in the Bush family who were in the White House, but at least they were amongst the first in the GOP to declare the emperor had no clothes.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 462 (view)

A man's actions are the key variable that determines whether a relationship survives or fails
Posted: 12/1/2018 9:33:35 AM
"ALL missionary work is done for ego gratification."

>>>nine times out of ten, if you plan to do something for an adult who never asked you to do it...you're doing it to make yourself feel better.

missionaries would do far better selling their product to willing audiences.

alas, Christopher Hitchens had little nice to say about Mother Teresa. but i'll agree with July's point, the church could do more good selling its paintings and sculptures and spending the money to help the poor. Jesus seemed to spend most of the New Testament helping the poor and telling the Jews they were hypocritical, not trying to spread Judaism to those not already engaged in it.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 46 (view)

If looks do matter.
Posted: 12/1/2018 9:31:32 AM
"I’m not saying that July has been used in the FWB relationship she had."

>>>Ann Landers used to say in her advice columns, "no one can use us without our permission".

"She has found value in it and her opinion is the only one that counts. (Well, his too but we aren’t getting his opinion.)"

>>>I too don't get the labels thrown her way. if she didn't enjoy what she was getting, then she could treat this man the same way she treats every man she isn't sleeping with.

ie, don't sleep with him.

she's getting what she likes, but she isn't getting everything. most of us have that complaint about something in life. as a man who grew up with a lot of female friends, i can say there may be almost as many women complaining about the sex they get as men complaining about the sex they don't get :)

as for her belief that she deserves nothing better....if she acts like that is true, then ironically she acts in a way that makes it true. whatever guy treats her that, presumably does so b/c he sees something we don't. many, but not all, people treat us the way we treat ourselves. and the people who treat us worse than we treat ourselves, we walk away from, so how they treat us, soon doens't matter.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 6 (view)

Do you feel you have run out of fish in your area?
Posted: 12/1/2018 9:22:49 AM
"I'm not trying to be funny here but are you saying there are that few women 32 - 64 who are single, kept themselves in decent(not perfect) shape who's kids have grown up and moved out or never had kids, within a 20 minute to half an hour drive?"

>>>its possible such unicorns are already surrounded by male friends, waiting all this time for them to become single? :)

its true, all of us in our days of high metabolism and springy skin, looked hotter. Around here, a slender lass "of a certain age" either works out (and the musculature shows it) or they smoke like a chimney. but i can't blame any woman who says, "ok, i put my husband and kids first all those years--now its my turn".

meanwhile, the smaller the population in your search area, the sooner you run out of viable candidates. the best luck i had with OLD is when i used frequent flyer miles to search the country. that was pre-TSA. not sure i'd want to explain carrying a "neck massager" to use on a woman i met online who i'm hoping looks like her photo and isn't a 15 yr old in his mom's basement
:)
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 129 (view)

maybe just massive heartburn.
Posted: 11/30/2018 9:37:53 AM
"Are those moments of bliss worth the eventual disappointment?"

>>>i'm not certain there's bliss at knowing what a shocking lack of leadership there is in the white again house, while the nation's labor force undergoes the change of automation and the world races headlong into climate change that may resist recovery. maybe not even schadenfreude. the most powerful office in the world, simply deserves a better calibre of helmsman. in times past, one might have thought, "bush doesn't know beans, but at least he has advisors". But now, the Superlative King can't stop claiming he's the smartest ever.

as the republicans love to say, if you are forced to tell people how great you are...its b/c you aren't.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 27 (view)

If looks do matter.
Posted: 11/30/2018 9:29:50 AM
"I am not really sure if this league thing really exists. The reason is because what some one finds attractive is different."

>>>sometimes this is true. And sometimes we change what we want as we get older. some of us may just want someone we work closely with daily b/c a bond forms, and yet that person isn't what we normally glom onto. and some fellows will declare about a lady, "i don't know what it is, but man i want her". Usually its that she's above average in looks, and sends out a sexual tension that says she's as interested in getting laid as he is, and he won't have to do a lot of courting just to get shot into the friendzone. but most times, guys will agree on a certain celebrity they think is attractive--and that celebrity tends to get paid a lot to show up in rom-coms and other movies. probably not b/c their acting skill eclypse anyone else's :)

generally, attraction is common. and what is unattractive (excessive weight, uncleanliness, etc) can also be agreed upon by the masses. its like being rich--we may all have a different idea of what payscale represents wealth, but if you think (for example) $80,000 per anum is the lowest amount, you probably won't look at someone making $79,999 and declare they didn't make the cut off. Most people can agree that someone they all know is rich or broke. some may disagree out of jealousy. but those responding honestly, have a general idea that others agree with.

"good reason to get tested for STD's"

>>>now now, she wants something to remember him by :)
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 39 (view)

if Kamloops is a cereal, maybe she's the prize in every box?
Posted: 11/30/2018 9:22:54 AM
every now and then, some lucky old goat lands a younger, petite thing out of his league. alas, then the stories of her personality issues arise. so long as the lucky goat is willing to pay the price to get what he desires, then everyone wins....er, gets what they want.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII

Mom,maid or mat?
Posted: 11/30/2018 9:19:50 AM
first issue, mom and her cleaning.

since its her place, its her rules until you get the eventual power of attorney that inevitably is needed. you can probably afford to lose this battle and pick better ones. but do look up the art of negotiation. sometimes, the way to win is to let the other side think it was their idea.

second issue, the plumbing.

it cost me $13K to redo plumbing and wiring from well to tanks, because the old stuff ran under the foundation slab and so the replacements had to run around the perimeter. so the price may be on the high side, and a second estimate could be in order. even if the insurance company isn't busy with tornadoes and wildfires, they don't rush to pay off like you see in the commericals. i agree, don't let her play with the hoses. she breaks a hip, and there's going to be big issues. i'd say go with option three. it might take her running the hose a few times to get sick of doing it, and then she decides its her idea to take the easy way out until the plumbing is redone.

how heavy handed should you be in the future? you're going to have to pick your battles. in the case of health, you will have to push for what is right--we all want to believe we're still spring chickens. eventually, all children are forced to become the parent in a household.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 7955 (view)

Posted: 11/30/2018 9:12:21 AM
"wouldn't trump then be FOR cheap migrant labor???"

>>>if he had open positions, then yes. But he seems to have them filled at Mar-A_Lago et al. and of course, he gets a lot of adoration from his trumpanzees if he continues "do as i say, not as i do" during his post-election campaign rallies. he can have his cake and throw it in your face too.

"the senate will never convict"

>>true, but it seems like now they aren't rubber-stamping every judge he proposes? there's still a chance something heinous can be unturned and the Republicans he slandered in the past can turn around and say, "well, you know, i never really did like the guy". as long as Pence can play Gerald Ford and smooth the impeachment over with a pardon. but they'll all have to get around his ego. chump will still , likely be his own worst enemy.

of course, it would behoove the Dems to take a page from Sun t'zu or aikido and use Chump's energy against him. His ego makes it easy to walk him right into a trap, and then poke and prod his thin skin. trumpanzees won't care, its the moderates who will finally stand up to stop the nonsense. funny how so many republicans have "trump derangement syndrome". how can they support him and yet be deranged? it defies logic. TDS is more likely, his supporters who have to bend over and put their head where it doesn't shine, just so they can see a "reality" they wish was true.

Republican Twister...get the game for Christmas. you spin the pointer, and it always points blame at Obama. then you step on the white sheet, place yourself on whatever position Faux News tells you to stand. Oh, don't worried...they aren't coloured.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 7941 (view)

Posted: 11/29/2018 8:03:53 AM
vlad, I liked the atlantic article, and not just b/c it repeated my point about how we should seek equality (ie, populism) rather than try to separate us into identity politics (ie, nationalism, isolationism). I didn't know of Tony Benn, but it was interesting he didn't attack people for the way they voted. you had an editorial (do only the Europeans call them "leaders"?) about not feeling sorry for coal miners who voted against health care by voting Trump. It wasn't just the coal miners losing Obamacare, but the nation. so the supporters of that op-ed piece were voting their way--should the Trump supporters let that slide and not call them intollerant?

"local talk is the GM plant is being phased out for electric and driverless cars and has little to do with the increased costs."

>>>GM sells few electric cars, they killed the EV when they had it, so i'm not sure i put a lot of stock in the local rumor. of course, electric cars are an answer to Obama fuel efficiency regulations, and Trump killed those, so maybe if trump had just not killed them, and listened to the environment report coming out of his government, there may have been a need to keep the plant open to make those electric cars. as for self driving, i think only the cadillac is doing that now. but GM isn't the only manufacturer complaining about the high price of raw materials due to Trump's tariff war. i know its favorable to complain about global trade treaties, but its surprising how many jobs exist because of them. more damning, of course, is that tax cut for the rich. we learned from Reagan, trickle down economics do not work. what is ironic, is one of the plants being closed, was "emininent domained" out of a poor neighborhood in the 1980's.

"the 1950's are long gone and I am not so naive as to believe it is coming back but many jobs are tossed out and explained away without addressing the issue."

>>>well, the issue is...the 1950's are long gone. america has global competition it didn't have while nations rebuilt from the damage of WW2, and there weren't as many computers. you didn't need a college degree to pump gas, but now customers swipe a card and do it themselves. the GI bill after WW2 sent quite a few vets to college, and sent my dad after Korea. we wanted educated workers to send us to the moon and out-tech the dreaded soviet threat.

"there may not be a market for tea pots and wagon wheels but look at all the things we import that could be made here. "

>>>but who would pay what those items cost? not the trump supporters shopping at Wal Mart. maybe those elite liberals who shop locally or at Whole Foods and out of the Sharper Image catalog that conservatives scoff at? some conservatives are threatening to not buy GM products after what was done--if so, that results in fewer sales, and more layoffs. i know vlad couldn't wait for the cheap products from China i had mentioned, but lower prices lead to people being able to afford the middle class lifestyle without the middle class paycheck. unfortunately, this placates people into not standing up for a higher paycheck against the GOPs attempts to hurt the working class (voting for right to work, getting rid of health care, trying to privatize social security, etc)
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 19 (view)

If looks do matter.
Posted: 11/29/2018 7:46:59 AM
"looks do matter, but rarely have i chosen a partner based solely on looks"

>>it seems to me, what women complain most about their partners, has to do with that man's personality and character. If personality trumped appearance, i suspect women would get it right, at the very beginning, and perhaps complain more about appearance, the matter they didn't bother to look at so much ("why can't he lose more weight?").

i certainly don't blame women, or anyone else, for wanting to spend their spare time with someone who excites them. I'm willing to bet, however, the stranger they're willing to get to know better in order to choose based on personality...is the hot one. :) the average looking fellow may blend in with the wallpaper, or if he imposes himself and turns out to be a good guy, becomes the friend.

my personal best luck in dating online, and meeting women who liked my personality as expressed thru forums (not these), was when i was willing to hop on an airline and use frequent flier miles to meet women from other states. I might recommend men use their miles from their credit cards (if they get bonus points) or maybe their AAA membership benefits to broaden their search.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 54 (view)

Fun things to do on first major holiday break with boyfriend?
Posted: 11/27/2018 8:01:39 AM
"is it just me who feels jealous?"

>>>those who work hard more than they work smart, do feel jealousy, and its easy to see why. they think they found someone taking the easy way out. we have plenty of bumperstickers smarmily declaring

work hard! millions on welfare depend upon you!

as if welfare is easy to get and fun to have. they should try filling out the paperwork and living under the restrictions, and maybe they wouldn't think the grass is greener on the other side.

i do what i do, and that's enough for me. if someone else has it better, then bully for them. its on me to make my own life match my needs, if its biologically possible.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 14 (view)

If looks do matter.
Posted: 11/27/2018 7:58:17 AM
we tend to notice the trophy wives, and other exceptions to the rule, since they stand out from the norm. we fail to consciously notice relationships that follow the norm, since they are....perfectly normal.

wealth attracts women who only want to earn it with their looks, not their brains. if they come out ahead, then they may have made a good-enough decision. but others want to earn it in other ways.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 438 (view)

A man's actions are the key variable that determines whether a relationship survives or fails
Posted: 11/27/2018 7:54:51 AM
there's nothing wrong with taking a calculated risk. sometimes we just react instinctively to a stimulus, and if it goes wrong, then we've suffered a "learning experience". If we commit that same fault again, then its a mistake--we should have learned. the third time, however, and its a pattern--we're doing it b/c we get some gain from it, and are willing to pay a price.

bad boys get the most traction with immature women looking for an emotional roller coaster ride, so they can feel emotions in life. they'd be better off with a job in emergency rescue--they'd have so much drama they wouldn't need to invent any.

as for the missionary...there's a reason it was illegal to do what he did. he was self centered to think he was somehow going to be different. its hard to save people from themselves. and that's my missionary position.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 108 (view)

DEMOCRATS TAKE THE HOUSE. THE END OF TRUMP?
Posted: 11/27/2018 7:48:55 AM
and why were they turned away? b/c it was the Great Depression, and we couldn't afford more mouths to feed.

sounds familiar.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 7925 (view)

Posted: 11/27/2018 7:47:12 AM
"Hope you had a good holiday mate. Anyway time to resume hostilities so to speak"

>>>thank you, i hope you were able to enjoy the change of seasons to the harvest time.

"And therein lies a problem. Folk from a blue collar background never seem to get put forward as candidates. "

>>>in america, with its freedom of speech, its a crime of human nature, how we elect politicians to lead us. politicians should just be able to explain their policy, and leave things at that--but in reality, a policy wonk like HRC et al bore us. since the times of Madison and Hamilton, we've loved a good mud-throwing match. We have a movie out now about Gary Hart, brought down in a few days by a sex scandal. We're a Jerry Springer society, and if the political party can stir up our emotions, we get out of our seat to vote--and everyone else gets disgusted and stays home. the result is a need during campaigns to slather the airwaves with negative ads, and that costs money. Bill Clinton can bring in donations, and that makes him vital to the DNC. if you wonder why the DNC puts up with his baggage, that's the reason. and as for a blue collar lad, they have to be power-hungry to wade thru all that mud slinging. Though on a side note, america has a long history of liking military men for the role (unless they are Dems, and then they get swift boated. or if they are Mccain, they get RINO'd).

"Can you show me a good example of where democrats have restricted wall street mate?"

>>>off the top of my head, DoddFrank bill. I can also point out where Republicans have worked for Wall Street--Bush Sr helped remove investment restrictions on Savings and Loan banks, which were designed for farmers, and the result was those small banks got in over their heads and created an economic crisis (his son Neil famously got wrapped up in silverado savings). George the younger, who had a run-in himself with Harken energy, had another economic crisis of his own, the recent subprime mortgage crisis, which GM got hit with as well b/c their financial branch branched into home mortgages.

"I just had a quick gander about ted cruz. He seems well embedded with the establishment as far as i can see. And you cannae help it eh? Everything back to race. So if as you claim it's all about race why does he do so well in texas?"

>>>Rafael Ted Cruz is Tea Party, which some consider establishment and others do not. As for race, why doesn't he run as Rafael in Texas? seems like he's setting the precident there. but after Mitt romney lost to Obama (Romney made a famous comment about the 47% of americans looking for a government handout, and that's how Obama got his second term from trump supporters, i think you asked before), the GOP had an "autopsy" and determined hispanics were going to outnumber angry white men, and that the GOP better cater to them. so, Jeb, Cruz, and Rubio broke ranks and began catering to Hispanic voters at levels the GOP hadn't before. in that way, ironically, they became anti-establishment.

"Do you never consider that folk may have genuine grievances about the way their lives are?...Psst. MAYBE folk voted the way they did because they had been abandoned by washington and were struggling?"

>>>its easy to understand. black lives matter, for example, is people having genuine grievances about being killed. does the average trump supporter support taking a knee as a statement? Bruce Jenner thought he had a grievance--did you find solidarity? so which grievance should politicians cater to? there's so many. and when the voter isn't struggling, what do they vote for then? the trump white house just said that global climate change is going to cost big bucks. should we wait until then to solve the problem? or should we do it cheaper now, maybe tax the rich a bit more to pay for it? how about all that money spent to send troops to the border, all that resulted in is rock throwing. let's get the money from wherever that came from.

"And once more race is used. From what we see on telly over here it seems not just white folk have guns."

>>>somewhere back in the 1960's, Black Panthers showed up at the california state house bearing guns, their constitutional right. freaked out governor Ronald Reagan, and soon there was a law to restrict that (because until 2008, gun rights were considered a state right, not an individual one)

"Personally i cannot fathom the sherman love of guns. And why machine guns can be purchased makes no sense to me."

>>>some boys love toys, but too many of them think they are a bulwark against government out of control. these self proclaimed militia types came out of the clinton era, when G. gordon Liddy told his radio audience to shoot for the head b/c law enforcement wore body armour. imagine, a conservative not supporting cops. it escalated to what we have today, Clive Bundy and his crew taking over a park in Oregon.

a few drone strikes, and those military grade "black rifles" are worthless.

"wrong--nationalism views the global agenda thru a nation first lens"

>>>which is why i said, nationalism believes they are better than others., populism seeks equality. hugo chavez, for example, was a populist who reached out to neighboring nations. and if you think populism sounds a bit like socialism...yep, you're right, and its why the GOP isn't selling it but Bernie Sanders did.

As for GM...for decades they sold cars at different price points--chevy was the cheapest, cadillac the highest. during their last restructure, they got rid of Oldsmobile and Pontiac, believing Buick could handle the demand--and Buicks sold better in China. well, guess what the tariff war has done to that. also, GM doesn't want customers to buy sedans, there isn't as much profit margin to be made (tho ironically, the old favorite vehicle, the minivan, was built on car chassis) when they have to be as luxurious as a Hyundai and be as cheap. now its crossovers and SUVs, both with engines big enough for hauling around heavily optioned vehicles. Tariffs have raised the cost of steel, which raises the price of cars.

ironically, when gas goes back to $4 a gallon, america will decide--as it did the last time--fuel efficient sedans are as good as they were all these decades they've been in existance. Detriot will simply import in whatever sedan they are making in europe or asia, and we will pay more for it since there'll be a tariff on it. As for the 14K out of work, maybe chump will replay the carrier fiasco--give millions in tax payer dollars and then lose employees anyway. it will be interesting to see, if those who blamed Obama for the labor situation, will believe trump is just as responsible.

the sad fact is, and has been said before, that the economy changes. all industries will eventually fall out of style, shed jobs, and a new industry will arise to meet consumer demand. Its sad and unfortunate and its as predictable as the rain. Our oil fields, for example, are doing well in states that have lost coal jobs. it behooves a laborer to keep track of where their industry is going. I used to work in a family run business in a small town, and when a big box competitor moved in to a neighboring town...you bet the smartest of us worried about the future of our business and our jobs.

labor has been in flux since the auto replaced the horse, electricity replaced gas lamps, oil furnaces in homes replaced coal, etc. Americans used to buy a new home, on average, every 5 years due to moving to better jobs. Factories up in my area, the winter snow belt, would move down to the southern states of florida and carolinas.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 52 (view)

Time wasters
Posted: 11/26/2018 11:15:15 AM
around my part of the globe, i've noticed the fake profiles are easy to find. if you spot a woman in a sexy pose in her bathingsuit and there's only one photo...its a fake profile. real women who know they are hot (b/c guys are always telling them so) and never put on tight clothing while worrying how their ass looks in it...have a ton of photos up on their profile. they seem to know exactly what product they are selling, what's it worth, and where its going to get them in life. and i don't mean that as a put down. if i were a muscian, i sure wouldn't have only one song on my resume, either.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 11 (view)

If looks do matter.
Posted: 11/26/2018 11:11:32 AM
the type of female stranger we first notice when we enter a room, is the one who spent the most time on her looks (or the one who is genetically beautiful, and likely young). Most times, she expects a partner to put in as much effort on his appearance. and why not? we all can have friends, but shouldn't a lover excite us, energize us? don't we want to feel passionate? the thing or person we invest the most in, is the one who makes us feel the most alive. We don't spend a fortune to restore a four door honda, but will a corvette--but which car is more practical?

"There is no reason for anyone to think they aren't goodlooking enough, or built right, etc., taste is very individual"

>>>I have to respectfully disagree. I've met only a few women who sought personality over looks, and around here at least, they were looking for a man to be a mensche. they had too much anxiety to hold a high paying job, drive in traffic, etc, and they wanted a man who was a type of father figure for them. but otherwise, the general consensus is, we want to thrill in seeing our partner naked. we'll overlook other aspects of their personality if they just make our organs and nerves sing. we want our breath taken away. last week, one of those women who told me she only dates for personality, saw the movie Mama Mia with me, and marveled at how good the male actors still looked--and in the next sentence, criticized those who put looks first. seems like "chemistry" still had an influence on her.

"if the world was meant for only certain looking people, humans would have died off by now"

>>>like all other living creatures, we exist to not dilute the gene pool. we tend to seek the young, virile, partners if we are hoping to date for healthy reasons, not to get back the love daddy denied us or to have somone take care of us, etc. chances are we may die sooner from how we screw the environment, than how we screw our partners. and part of that may be due to overpopulation--so certain looking people seem to be doing their part in procreation.

there is a lid for every jar, it is true. but how long do you wish to look for that lid? are you willing to enjoy having some "plastic wrap and a rubber band" a few times until that lid comes along? when we're older, we may be looking for that perfect lid, but when we're younger and just want to be recognized in life...we're willing to settle for less a lot of times :) of course, "settling" is relative. a woman who is a nine, can settle for an eight. someone who is far closer to average, may find settling isn't creating any chemistry, but just filling the bed with a warm body.

a man's lack of relationship experience hurts with women who want him to lead, and sweep them off her feet. it hurts with women looking for social proof--if other women didn't seduce him or push him into a relationship, why should she want to? but otherwise...he is what he is, and if he's attractive, then they'll do what has to be done to get the pleasure they seek. they don't get pleasure from letting the man do all the work of romancing, they are "hands on"--literally and figuratively. they get things done in life, and don't let the roadblocks get in the way of something they really want.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 23 (view)

What is the latest name-calling Buzz Word you have heard?
Posted: 11/26/2018 10:59:13 AM
its interesting the people who support a certain politician who is criticized for his narcisstic traits, don't see it in him. i don't mean that as a criticism, just that we tend not to spot red flags--for a variety of reasons. red flags don't seem to be as universal as we hope them to be, and maybe that's why we get collectively amazed that someone can't see what is obvious to us.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 423 (view)

Posted: 11/26/2018 10:51:29 AM
"If I don't like "who" a man is to start with....I'm not going to get into a relationship with him. Why would anyong become involved with someone that needs "fixed" into being their perfect partner???"

>>your goal for a relationship, is different from their goal.

"how many of you went thru high school and university without a relationship?"

>>>in high school, i was there to get grades good enough for college and to stand on my own two feet in life, not to date. i figured i had the rest of my life to do that, since i had been told women preferred personality to looks. by college i realized very few women want to date an ugly man with a great personality, and many will put up with a lot of guff from a hot guy.

as for the poeple who constantly make poor choices, take a look at the family they were raised in...likely, they are returning to what they are comfortable with. i knew a fellow who came from an abusive household, for example, and when faced with an abusive fiancee, his only thought was he knew how to handle it. not that he should run away from it. of course, from his PTSD of childhood, he was financially insecure, so he also assumed it was this woman or no one.

If we listen to the complaints of the MWGTOW crowd, we'd see they're complaining about these very same women we say we don't understand. those guys have grown up around these women, and decided all women are like this. there are more women in this boat you can't understand, than you think--ie, its not super-rare.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 7917 (view)

Posted: 11/26/2018 10:37:14 AM
Now that the holidays are over, i can post again, and will be going back to some earlier posts i found interesting.

"How does that equate with clinton sucking up to wall street? She has made much money from them has she not?"

>>.its an interesting mindset to believe this is anything different from voting a real estate investor into office. wealthy investors are a big part of america's labor problem, regardless of what they invest in.

"But wall street backs the democrats. "

>>>and yet its the Democrats who write laws to restrict it. BUT, the narrative is that dems are terrible for business with all their restrictions...until its popular to say they are in the pocket of Wall Street. so, are they or aren't they...or is the answer not so black and white? in another part of this forum, two Trump supporters are questioning if narcissism exists and if it does, everyone they know has it. is that why they don't recognize it in trump? one day if a narcisistic democrat comes to power, it will be interesting if they can overcome Trump Derangement Syndrome in order to see it.

"Of course 'racism' is the intolerant illiberal liberal go to comfort blanket when they have no idea as to WHY folk head to populist parties................."

>>>here in america, if Republican voters wanted an anti-Establishment candidate, they had Ted Cruz, the man who speaks Spanish and shuts down the government to reduce deficits. Maybe his funny sounding last name didn't remind them of anyone they knew, and so they went with the hype man. in the end, the republicans look at immigration and its effect on labor, the same exact way they try to fight drugs. they go after the supply, rather than the demand, and then are shocked the supply simply finds another way to supply the american demand. go after the demand, and the supply won't matter a bit.

"PostScript, did you take the populist test?'

>>>no surprise, as a liberal, i did better than Evo. too many confuse nationalism with populism. Populism seeks equality, nationalism tries to believe they are better than other nationalities.

Vlad had also mentioned the American education system tracking students out of VoCal schools and into college. He's quite right on that one, as america changed its economy from labor and factories to white collar and trading desks. it makes it ironic when republican judges claim they want a strict intepretation of the constitution--when the founding father usurped the Articles of Confederation, america was an agririan economy, half of it slave labor. we've evolved since then into capitalism and from a finance industry to technology.

Its always interesting when those with TDS raise the issue of clinton and obama exporting more immigrants...b/c they claim they had to vote for chump b/c the dems were coddling the immigrants. so which is the truth and what is the lie? if the dems were exporting more, than HRC should have been voted in to keep the policies going. and of course, the real kicker--if exporting immigrants helps the real americans get jobs with higher pay, can you please show us the chart where this happened while the dems were expelling so many?

Yes, Obama did act against the 9/11 lawsuits, and there were congresspeople who also joined in. there was a fear that going forth would open up lawsuits on bush, cheney, rumsfeld, and every other idiot who went to Iraq over fake WMD. its hard for a republican to imagine a dem doing something in their favor, i do understand. who could imagine trump doing a favor like this in return?

as for the NRA..when they imagined a good guy with a gun, he of course was white as bread :)

finally, someone had posted about liberals being bad salespeople. this month's new republic magazine had a section on obvious racism--the kind we all can spot--and how its more nuture than nature. some people may have the prefrontal cortex necessary for it, but for most, its a product of their upbringing. it gets coded into them over time, and like a recovering alcoholic, they need to get away from friends and family who live a lifestyle that teaches its a solution to their other problems.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 242 (view)

when in doubt, pull (it) out.
Posted: 11/21/2018 9:47:57 AM
"I've never received one (knock on wood) "

>>>there's a bad pun in there...but i won't rise to the occasion.

"whipping it out in public isn't right?"

>>>i wouldn't compare it to breast feeding simply b/c i don't think many moms breastfeed to get their jollies off. you might be comparing apples to....bananas.

"Sodomy is legal everywhere now."

>>>except that's done in private, right? Right now its freezing here, so i can't imagine pulling that off in public--seems to be real pain in the ass.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 387 (view)

A man's posts are the key variable determining whether they get laid regularly or not
Posted: 11/21/2018 9:43:25 AM
"there's nothing more unbangable than a woman who goes around respecting herself"

>>>golly, i thought waxoff was going to return home and everything was going to be honky-dory. i guess he forgot why he left his old neighborhood in the first place. still, anyone arrogant who isn't beautiful, is tedious. of course, we just ignore the bore. its the one who is arrogant and hot who gets under the skin...oh, why can't we just win them over? :)

"the best chance is an older man. he has the maturity to understand her situation. they are patient b/c they understand how lucky they are to bag a younger chick. ten or fifteen years would do fine"

>>>funny, i was watching the doc on the Monica Lewinsky affair. She had been with a former teacher before slick willy clinton. don't think older men did anything to better her life.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 9 (view)

Idiots on POF
Posted: 11/21/2018 9:38:38 AM
dollars to donuts, the people putting "fine print" into their profiles are simply copying what they saw or heard someone else do, and thought it would be the latest and coolest fad to chase. like, you know, kissy faces and cartoon ears. as for why any computer software wants more info on you than it needs...somehow its going to sell the info for advertisers. i remember a local singles website that advertised on stick-in-the-ground signs in the city i used to live in. when i looked it up, they said they only accepted members making more than $30K a year.

well, duh...if you're single and making that around there, you had disposable income and they were going to sell your contact info, along with all your hobbies and pursuits so you could be targeted. anyone who ever looked into direct mail marking and remembers how to avoid buying a dead list, could see it as clearly as looking at the Matrix.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 2 (view)

What is the latest name-calling Buzz Word you have heard?
Posted: 11/21/2018 9:34:51 AM
last i heard was BAE, and supposedly it meant, "before anyone else". but you wanted an ex. out here, they use the old names for an ex you can't stand--i always thought MFer was appropriate in the cases where kids came out of the relationship, b/c well...its technically correct :)
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 231 (view)

migrant caravan
Posted: 11/21/2018 9:30:54 AM
"why the hell should immigrants have to pack up their belongings and leave home?"

>>>well, Honduras is the original "banana republic", which is to say, our fruit companies ran in, took over the government, and swayed things their way. This didn't help Hondurans create an independant nation (societies that have a long history of a certain government style, tend to be more comfortable with it, ie, suddenly going into a democracy when a country is weak, can lead to other forms of government quickly being voted in, like strongmen), and then a hundred years later, Reagan saw Nicaragua as a Communist threat, and sent semi-covert soldiers into Honduras to run over-the-border operations. which meant we needed that country to bend to our will. After that, the Bush war on drugs deported/exported the drug gangs (ie, members who were illegals) of california and new mexico and texas back to Latin and South America, and those bad guys started up branches of their gangs (bloods, crips, MS-13, etc) that overwhelmed local law enforcement. But most recently its the drugs--our crackdown on Mexico and Columbia (another country barely holding on) has made Honduras.

sending a regiment down, alas, is a bit like the old Vietnam--we might own the day, but the enemy will have the night or any other time we turn our back when the bill for it all comes due and its politically inconvenient.

alas, for such a superpower, a lot of our foriegn policy has blowback baked right into it....
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 7886 (view)

Posted: 11/21/2018 9:17:44 AM
Vlad, i read your articles, and thank you for sharing. I believe the spiked article mentioned Trump caters heavily to identity politics. Of course, he's throwing raw meat out to a small crowd, and the Dems are trying for everyone else. someone else posted a list of the economic policies the Dems are selling, and i've already included Obama saving our huge automobile industry, keeping jobs in trump land, and of course, the dems probably wouldn't have handed out a huge tax cut to those global elitist rich. i guess i should also point out, the GOP tends to deregulate financial institutions, and the result is two massive recessions under both republican bush presidencies. The Frank-Dodd (both dems) bill was supposed to curb that excess, and it was quickly thrown out, along with other restrictions on Wall Street.

as for how workers do when they lose their incomes, i did mention they get cheaper goods. not a wonderful ego-boosting thing, esp. when too much spending in america isn't in cash (due to wages not rising high enough) but in credit. Unfortunately, yesterday our stock market ruled on the view of the global economy in the near future--oil stocks and tech went down. of course, every time there's a trade treaty, there's new business, and new jobs. Farmers in our midwest are hurting since they can't sell their soybeans to china, due to tariff wars.

I also liked the guardian article--nationalism went from 7% support to 25%. In our winner-takes-all-politics, only a quarter falls far short of a majority, and suggests more people are against than for. also, the article made numerous suggestions of how the nationalist parties have fascist roots, and some are authortarian--read, dictator. that seems to be what they have in common. if so, then the answer to the question, "why are they popular to a quarter of the population?" seems to be, "they offer racism in some form".

admittedly, america loves wars b/c we used to put people to work building the tools of war. in peacetime, we sell them (side note, its ironic we fear the Saudis buying weaponry from China and Russia that won't interface with our equipment, and we fear they'll mess with oil prices when we could simply stop embargoing Iran's oil, and keep producing our own shale oil, and tell the Saudis to sod off). But then, the rest of the world isn't standing in the way of our playing global cop someplace else. I don't think Europe really rushed into Yugoslavia until we led the way, and how about some of those Africa local bush wars?
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 366 (view)

Posted: 11/20/2018 10:02:21 AM
Sometimes we complain about a situation that doesn't solve all of our problems...yet if it wasn't giving us something we desire, we wouldn't suffer to be in it.

some people mature at different rates. we can look at a mistake someone is making, recognize it as a mistake we made, and rail against it...and while our ages may not have been the same, our maturity levels were. interestingly, what we loath the most, is people making the mistakes we are intimately aware of.

some people handle what life is thrown at them quickly, only b/c they have no other choice. there is no time to mourn what they've lost and hide from their burden. i don't say that to take away from them. just that, some of us are strong, and some of us fail to recognize our heroism b/c we couldn't see there was some alternative way to take the easy path. as animals, we all tend to gravitate towards pleasure and away from pain

"She is hoping a man fixes all her problems for her..."

>>>for too many, change comes only when they've reached an age where they realize...there is no other alternative than to do things the hard way. so long as we think there will be a "daddy" or a "knight in shining armour" or a mother figure or whatever else to put up with us, we'll take that easy path. just like addicts have to hit some kind of rock bottom to realize their way of handling life, isn't a solution that works.

"We as humans have progressed to a society where it is almost inevitable we will meet others."

>>>in a form, yes. we "meet" people online, but is that a real connection? if we meet someone, but text them thru-out the relationship, how real or how strong is that relationship? if you ride the NYC subway, what real connection do you feel with all those thousands pressed up against you? :)

"The more we meet the more likely we will find someone "good"."

>>>if we go to a church, yes :) of course, we also have to provide those good people, someone good to date. and in many places, its still the social burden on the man to make things escalate.

Show ALL Forums