Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Review my profile
 theonerm2
Msg: 2 (view)

Review my profile
Posted: 1/13/2018 3:23:17 AM
Could someone review my profile. I'd like to know if it's good or not.
 theonerm2
Msg: 12 (view)

Why Do I Get Blocked So Much?
Posted: 1/12/2018 6:40:10 PM
I've updated my about me section, headline, and picture to something recent. Please take a look. Tell me if that's better.
 theonerm2
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 1/11/2018 7:45:42 PM
I get plenty of messages when I'm active on the site. I just guess I don't really know how to talk to women on the site. I didn't know I should ask them out on a date right away. I was always under the impression that they wanted to talk online for a while first. The girl who I had known before has children and back in 2011 I didn't think I could handle that because of my mental illness. Now my mental illness is under control pretty good with medication and I think I could handle more than I could before. I do let them know I have a mental illness. Some don't want to talk after that and some do. I got put on new medication and I'm a totally different person now than I was back then.
 theonerm2
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 1/11/2018 11:46:56 AM
I've been blocked 3 times in the last 2 days. I don't say anything sexual or even remotely offensive. I was just saying I've had some bad experiences on this site and I wonder if a paid site might be better. She blocked me. I talked to another girl who I used to be intimate with. She used to really like me but I stopped talking to her. I said to her I wish we never stopped talking and she blocked me. Those are just some examples of what happens. I'm a good guy. I don't aim to hurt anyone. I don't mean to say things to make people block me. Here lately I've been quite lonely. I just want someone to spend time with and nobody seems to want anything to do with me. Some girls I'll talk to for a while but there's really no connection. I just can't seem to find someone I really enjoy talking to and keep talking to them. I get so many 1 word responses, I get blocked often, nobody seems interested in having a good conversation with me. Sometimes It'll seem like I'm having a good time talking to someone but then they never get back to me after a day or so of talking. I'll wait a few days for them to respond. Never happens.
 theonerm2

Review my profile
Posted: 1/8/2017 8:43:38 AM
I'd like a profile review please. Thanks.

Please let me know if I need to add or remove anything. Ideas for extra pictures I could take to put on here. Just anything you can think of to help me make my profile better is what I'd like to know.
 theonerm2

Still Single after 7 years
Posted: 1/8/2017 8:10:56 AM
Does POF not work? Am I doing something wrong? I want to meet somebody special. Is that special person just not on POF? Here's what usually happens. I send about 20 or so messages per day to different girls. I don't get on every day though. But the days I do get on that's about how many messages I send. I get about 5 to 10 replies. Then 1 to 3 make it to my facebook. We chat on facebook for a while. Then I either get blocked for reasons unknown to me or I get to meet them. Then I usually either don't like them or they don't like me for whatever reason. No connection or whatever the reason may be. I don't usually talk about sex right away like a lot of guys do on here. So that gets me further than a lot of them get. I've ran out of girls to talk to in my local area. So I'm going to have to go out 300+ miles now and not a lot of people are willing or able to have a long distance relationship. So do I move or do I just stay single for the rest of my life? What do I do? What can I do?
 theonerm2

Why Do Girls Stop Talking to Me So Fast?
Posted: 2/25/2015 11:19:27 PM
I think I know the answer but I'm not sure. I think it's because they want a man with a job. Either that or I live too far away. There aren't too many girls in my area but there are a lot more girls in my area online than there are guys so there isn't a whole lot of competition close by. I don't have a job because I have a mental illness called Schizophrenia and I get a disability check from the government. Believe me I've tried working a lot but I just never could handle it these past 2 years. It took me a long time to accept the fact that I can't work anymore. It's not my fault. I believe that if a girl would just take the time to really get to know me before writing me off that she would really like me. But it always goes the same way. We will talk a lot the first day and either late on the first day or early on the second day they ask me what I do for a living. That dreaded question comes up and when I tell them I don't work because I have a mental illness things change immediately. She will still talk to me a little longer but by the 2nd or 3rd day I get nothing. No more replies to my messages on facebook or on pof. It's just over and I have to begin looking for someone else whereby the process repeats. When I was able to work back 5 years ago I was working and girls actually would come to me. I didn't have a car back then but I was working with my cousin so he would let me go with him. One girl even drove over 130 miles in a car that hadn't passed inspection to see me. So she drove illegally for 130 miles there and back. Boy how things have changed now since I can't work anymore. I'm on my own now and I have my own car. I pay all the bills myself and still have a bit left over that I could use to go on dates. But apparently that's not enough. I fear that I'll be alone forever. I just don't know what to do. Don't know if there is anything I can do. Nobody seems to want a man who has a disability. It seems like things used to be so much easier. Now I just don't know what to do aside from to just keep on trying. If anybody has any advice I'd love to hear it.
 theonerm2
Msg: 19 (view)

Home living
Posted: 12/26/2011 5:18:14 PM
It makes it sound like you mean making a living from home.... I mean like... Working at home.
 theonerm2
Msg: 3 (view)

why not so serious?
Posted: 10/9/2011 8:15:54 PM
Is it working for you? Are you getting messages or replies? If so then leave it alone. If not then try changing your picture and rewrite your about me section. Take note of what does and doesn't work. And always make sure that your profile is a representation of you. Just try and make that representation the best one that it can be.
 theonerm2

Would love for some constructive criticism
Posted: 9/7/2011 11:13:26 AM
It seems fine to me really. Maybe get somebody to take a picture of you instead of doing it yourself all the time and expand your about me section a little bit more. It should be fine as is but a better picture and better about me section couldn't hurt.
 theonerm2
Msg: 15 (view)

POEPLE VIEW ME BUT DONT GO FURTHER. WHY?
Posted: 9/4/2011 6:14:30 AM
I just wanted to say that all of those CAPS in your about me section don't look good. When I see something like that it overwhelms me and I don't read it. Also CAPS can be perceived as yelling. You don't want to come off as someone who yells a lot.
 theonerm2
Msg: 5 (view)

Hrm ... maybe it's the profile?
Posted: 9/4/2011 6:02:47 AM
I have to disagree with what you say here. The LARP stuff actually repels women. He needs to get a woman interested in him first and then later he can mention the LARP thing. If there's anything there between them she'll be able to accept the LARP thing. I mean seriously... What woman thinks that kind of thing is attractive? Maybe a few but I'd say that number is so small that it's not worth it to post those pictures. Answer this question. When a woman visits your profile to look at your pictures does she want to see a nice picture of you or does she want to see LARP pictures? It's not totally important to have a girlfriend who has all the same interests as you. You've got friends for the things that you don't have in common with your woman.
 theonerm2

Needs a tweak? Tweak away....
Posted: 9/3/2011 5:11:26 AM
Your pictures are quite interesting but I'm not completely sure they are great pictures to use for a dating site. You need to have at least one regular picture where you are just standing there and taking a picture. In every picture you seem to be doing something. Also your about me section is a little long and it's broken up into too many sections. The about me section needs to have all the best information at the beginning. There has to be some type of a hook to get the reader interested in you. Notice... I said interested in you and not B movies. If there is nothing interesting about you at the beginning of your about me section then who is going to read the rest of it?
 theonerm2

Hrm ... maybe it's the profile?
Posted: 9/3/2011 4:46:13 AM
Consider making your about me section shorter and getting better profile pictures. Seriously, your profile picture is a webcam picture. That's so not cool. And look at the rest of your pictures. Those pictures are very bad pictures for a dating site. Delete those pictures and have somebody take some good pictures of you with a better camera than a webcam. Also you should get a car if you possibly can. Most women like a man who can drive. I totally understand if you can't do that right now though because I'm in that situation myself.
 theonerm2

I need a review on my profile. Not sure what is wrong.
Posted: 9/3/2011 4:11:39 AM
Make the following changes....

Delete the middle two photos. Those kinds of pictures are good for a site like facebook but not on a dating site. Change your intent to say that you're seeking a relationship.

Rewrite your about me section. When you say, "I am not a fussy person..." That automatically makes people think you're a fussy person. You say, " I try to dress well It makes me feel more confident and sexy." Don't say that! That implies that you don't feel confident and sexy. Here you say, " I have been called bossy" This ties back to the fussy part. Most people who are bossy are also fussy. Don't talk about your favorite bar or your car... Don't even talk about the kind of guy you're looking for... That is the about me section. It's supposed to be about you and not about your car, your bar, or your dream man.

Example of a good about me section:

I am an intelligent woman who is very creative and vivacious. This woman knows exactly what she wants out of life and knows exactly how to get it. I have a good sense of style and I like a man who can appreciate it. With me, honesty is the best policy. I am honest with everyone and especially honest with myself. I am a very friendly person and I know how to have fun. I love sports and my favorite is baseball. I have yet to make a choice of Alabama or Auburn. Maybe the right man can help me make that decision?

Feel free to use the example in your profile if you'd like. Just keep in mind that I'm not the best writer in the world and I don't know anything about you other than what your profile says.
 theonerm2
Msg: 10 (view)

How can I get more replies?
Posted: 9/2/2011 11:56:26 PM
You guys were totally right. I changed the picture to the other one and I've already got girls wanting to come and have sex with me. I don't even want sex though. I mean not like that. I'd rather have somebody I can really connect with and all that stuff.. Not just meaningless sex. But every time I go for that type of thing they just eventually stop talking to me after a while. I don't know what to do.
 theonerm2
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 8/29/2011 5:12:57 PM
Alright I'll take your advice and I will try to have some better pictures. Any reason why the third picture is better? If I know why it's better then I can capitalize on it.
 theonerm2

Posted: 8/29/2011 4:41:44 PM
I didn't post this for someone to get smart with me and tell me I can't have two profiles. I posted this because I want some actual advice. I mean yeah, I know I could never compete with someone who looks like a model... But there has to be something I could do to improve my chances. Right?
 theonerm2

Posted: 8/29/2011 4:00:14 PM
Alright, I made a fake profile on here with a picture of a male model. I just wanted to see how it was for a guy who has good looks. That profile got a reply to every message sent to every girl. It never failed and it didn't matter how good the girl looked. Now with my normal profile I rarely get replies. Only maybe 1 for every 5 or 6 messages sent. I'm more likely to get replies from fat girls or older women. I have no pretty much no chance at all of getting a reply from an average or hot girl. But those same girls do reply to my fake profile. Some wanting to have sex in the first few messages. The absolute only thing different is the profile picture. I just wonder if there is anything I can do to maybe look better and get replies like that. Even if I could get something like half of that I would be happy. Maybe I could lose weight? Get a tan? Work out and get bigger muscles? Get a tattoo? Do something different in my pictures? Or... Maybe I just have no chance to look any better? I would like your input.

Show ALL Forums