Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Does their sun sign affect your interest level?
 mj824
Msg: 76 (view)

Does their sun sign affect your interest level?
Posted: 8/3/2007 9:24:06 AM
If I'm interested in somebody I don't care what the heck sign they are. I'm on the cusp of Virgo and Leo. So if someone is going to be so narrow minded as to not go out with me because I'm the same sign as their ex wife or girlfriend it's their loss and it's someone I would have no interest in anyway. I judge people by the person they are inside not what month they were born in.
 mj824
Msg: 12 (view)

Are you really what you portray in your profile?
Posted: 8/3/2007 8:58:35 AM
With me what you see is what you get. The main response I do get is a positive one. I'm told all the time that I look better then my pictures. Nice compliment, but I'm thinking wow my pictures must not be all that great. My profile is short but to the point. I'm outgoing and I love to laugh so it says sense of humor is a must. So having a funny bone is what I'm looking for. My profile is the truth and nothing but the truth, so help me god and who ever else can help me.
 mj824
Msg: 15 (view)

Sleeping naked
Posted: 8/1/2007 11:44:44 AM
I hate to wear anything when I'm sleeping. I get too hot. If it's really cold outside and I do put something on I'll wind up waking up in the middle of the night and and almost rip it off. Of course it would be alot more fun if I had someone there to rip it off for me.
 mj824
Msg: 3 (view)

Using mass emails- opinions
Posted: 7/19/2007 9:38:37 AM
I can spot a mass e-mail a mile away. I had one guy send me the exact e-mail word for word twice. It really is a turn off because you know the guy is not really making an effort. If you want to get my attention make sure it says something that shows you definitely read my profile and trully have interest in getting to know more about me. Another word of useful advice, my girlfriend and I are both on here and we both received the exact e-mail from the same guy. You never know, you could also get caught that way too.
 mj824
Msg: 82 (view)

Where did you meet your last boyfriend/girlfriend?
Posted: 7/19/2007 7:27:00 AM
Met him at a Toys for Tots function. I was one of the toys they were giving away. I knew I should have gone to one of the small kids instead of the big baby.
 mj824
Msg: 20 (view)

What has held you back from being in a relationship?
Posted: 7/19/2007 7:15:00 AM
Still waiting for that knight in shining armor to ride up on his white horse. Did I say white? Okay, any color horse will do. Can't keep being so picky at my age anymore.

mj824
Msg: 4 (view)

What are signs that show if a woman has low self esteem
Posted: 7/17/2007 9:19:37 AM
When they let a man treat them like crap. Alot of women allow it out of fear of being alone. But if they didn't have low self esteem they wouldn't be with someone like that to begin with. Boot those guys to the curb and watch how your self esteem rises when they fall on their butts.
 mj824
Msg: 22 (view)

Men, How long before we should meet?
Posted: 7/17/2007 7:21:16 AM
I'm not a big e-mailer so if I find someone on here that I'm interested in I'd like to talk on a phone and if we hit it off over the phone then I'd like to meet right away. Why waste time with all the e-mailing back and fourth when you can't really tell if you have chemistry until you meet face to face.
 mj824
Msg: 30 (view)

Is visual attraction what draws and keeps our attention?
Posted: 7/17/2007 6:32:01 AM
I have gone out with men that were really not that good looking. But it was either their sense of humor or their kindness inside that made them far more good looking to me then those so called adonisis's out there. It's true, looks fade, but it's the inside that doesn't.
 mj824
Msg: 22 (view)

Dating a dad of an undiciplined child
Posted: 7/16/2007 7:13:23 AM
It was exactly this sort of thing that broke up my marriage. He got custody of three boys who wore totally undisiplined and had zero respect for him. Since he refused to try and change that they became much worse then before he got them. From the behavior of these kids their future home wiil probably be in a jail cell. I agree with message 55, run don't walk if you see this kind of behavior, undisiplined kids unfortunately only get worse not better.
 mj824
Msg: 8 (view)

Cell phone on a date....
Posted: 7/13/2007 2:07:54 PM
I agree. Rude, rude, rude. Unless there is an emergency of some kind going on or a very important call that can't wait, keep it turned OFF! Don't want to hear it ringing, don't want to hear you talking, unless it's to me.
 mj824
Msg: 27 (view)

Can A Man Be Too Tall
Posted: 7/13/2007 12:57:33 PM
Not in my book. I am very long legged and about 5'10" in heels. I grew up with a 6'6" brother. I love tall men. They make me feel I could wear the highest heels in the world and still be sexy, not awkward and gawky. Let's hear it for the tall men of the world! Keep on eating your Wheaties.
 mj824
Msg: 20 (view)

What brought you to POF
Posted: 7/13/2007 12:31:30 PM
My girlfriend told me about it and said it was free. FREE I said? FREE she said. I thought "what the heck, it's FREE." I planed on staying on for only a short time but the forums got me hooked and I haven't given up yet on finding someone I click with. Did I also mention it was FREE?
 mj824
Msg: 173 (view)

how old you are vs how old you look/act
Posted: 7/6/2007 6:51:50 AM
Been told I look much younger then my age. Depending on the circumstances can either act like I'm twelve or act like I'm ready for the old folk's home after a long day at work when I feel like laying on the couch with a good book and not moving till the weekend when it's time to party. Party, did I say party? Time to switch to the twelve year old mode. Rock on!
 mj824
Msg: 48 (view)

When does a guy become an old man?
Posted: 7/3/2007 9:14:33 AM
There is no such thing as an old man to me. Only those that are old in in their thinking, where they think a certain age is considered old. Age is only a number. You could live to be one-hundred and be younger in spirit then most teenagers.
 mj824
Msg: 52 (view)

What makes cheatin rite ?
Posted: 7/2/2007 7:53:32 AM
What makes cheating rite? NOTHING! If it's getting too hot then get out of the kitchen. Get out out of the bedroom, get out of the house, just get out period.
 mj824
Msg: 77 (view)

What do you do when youre friend is sneaky and seeing you ex ~ husband ? :
Posted: 6/29/2007 7:51:50 AM
She would no longer be a friend. Friends don't do that to other friends. There's an unspoken rule, "Thou shall not go after their friend's ex husband." Even if you don't want the jerk you don't want her to be a jerk and want the jerk either.
 mj824
Msg: 1419 (view)

Has anyone been brave enough to meet someone with no pic at all?
Posted: 6/27/2007 9:57:59 AM
For me no pic means no meet. Sorry, but I need to see the person to see if there's any chemistry at all. Why bother if the chemistry is not there. Plus, they could tell you they are tall, dark and handsome when they really look like Curly from The Three Stooges! No surprises for me. If I want to be surprised I'd enter the lottery and then faint if I actually won.
 mj824
Msg: 7 (view)

ex husband last name..
Posted: 6/19/2007 12:44:16 PM
I'd want to dump my ex's name as soon as possible. Unless there's young kids involved as everyone as stated, why would you want to be associated with someone who is history? By getting rid of his name your are starting a new life and a new history together. Unless she's worried about history repeating itself. Hmm, could that possibly be the answer?
 mj824
Msg: 87 (view)

can trust ever be fully restored after an act of betrayal ?
Posted: 6/19/2007 6:25:27 AM
I can forgive but the problem with me is I could never forget and it would always be in the back of my mind. If they betray you once odds are they will do it again. That's just the nature of the beast. And if I want a beast I'll buy myself a cute little puppy who would never betray me.
 mj824

How do you know you are exclusive?
Posted: 6/15/2007 12:52:49 PM
I can tell you when you're no longer exclusive. When he or she no longer wants sex twenty times a day. Are they getting it from someone else the other nineteen?
 mj824
Msg: 16 (view)

Does she still want a man to open her car door.
Posted: 6/15/2007 9:35:29 AM
I'd probably faint if someone did that. But I'd be fainting right into their arms out of surprise and just plain gratitude. Wonderful thing to do, find me a guy who does that and I'd probably marry him.
 mj824
Msg: 33 (view)

At what point should a woman leave if her spouse is lying to her?
Posted: 6/15/2007 9:05:49 AM
Trust issues, I'd give him trust issues all right. I'd trust him as far as you could throw him. When you do, Just make sure the crutches land on top of his head, maybe it'll cure his lying brain.
 mj824

Why doesn't he change?
Posted: 6/13/2007 7:01:57 AM
If I wrote what I really wanted to say about this poor excuse for a human being it would all be deleted. So instead I'll keep this brief, a leopard doesn't change his spots!
 mj824
Msg: 70 (view)

She brought her dog on the date?
Posted: 6/12/2007 2:41:37 PM
I agree, dogs are great judges of character. So if that dog either snuggles up or puts it's head in your lap you know you're in like flint. The way to someone's heart is actually not through cooking, it's through her dog. So if that dog takes a liking, thank your lucky stars and make sure you bring lots of doggie bisquits next time. It'll score big points, especially if it's a cute little bull dog. (This one's for you Bullie.)
 mj824
Msg: 187 (view)

Long hair on older women
Posted: 6/11/2007 5:43:49 PM
Alot of us girls with curls always wanted straight hair. It is absolutely true in my book that we always want what we don't have. Used to do everything when I was younger to try to get it straight. But this curly girl has learned to accept her hair and let it be. It's actually become my trademark. Viva la Curls! (only cause I'm stuck with it.)
 mj824

Why do people say you shouldn't get back with an ex?
Posted: 6/11/2007 12:46:46 PM
If it didn't work out the first time why go back for a second helping of heartache. Some people get lonely when they think there is no one else out there. Knew a girl that went back not once but three times with her ex. Well, you know the old saying, "three strikes and you're out", well, she's out all right, out of all that time she invested in that butthead trying to make it work again. Don't go back to your past cause you're lonely, it'll only make you lonelier.
 mj824
Msg: 9 (view)

Do you get mad when random men check you out? Why?
Posted: 6/11/2007 9:20:59 AM
It's when someone stops checking you out that you have to worry.
 mj824

Internet Addiction
Posted: 6/8/2007 9:38:36 AM
Life before the internet? What life? Did I have a life? Oh yeah, that's when I used to read magazines all day to get me through boring times at work. This is so much more fun, but I miss reading about all that celebrity gossip. Hey wait, who needs those expensive magazines, I can find it all on the internet!
 mj824
Msg: 3 (view)

Do you parents ever try to match you up with someone else?
Posted: 6/8/2007 7:57:48 AM
My mother meant well and and fixed me up with a guy who is a customer where she works. He was very charming, well mannered, and just a really nice guy. Only one problem, He was gay! Needless to say we only had one date and next time my mother wants to fix me up the answer will be thanks but no thanks mom.
 mj824

A guy on multiple dates
Posted: 6/6/2007 1:26:32 PM
A guy telling me he has another date lined up is too much information in my book and I would tell him so. On a first date I feel you don't need to share that. That old saying is true, "ignorance is bliss", and I'd rather be blissfully ignorant!
 mj824
Msg: 11 (view)

To shave or not?
Posted: 6/6/2007 12:49:09 PM
Definitely clean shaven. I love to kiss, but if a guy has stubbles it hurts my poor face. My cheeks get all sore, my lips get all chapped and I feel like I've got a really bad sunburn on my face. The only time I'd really like a sunburn is if I'm laying at a pool. lol
 mj824
Msg: 45 (view)

Is it harder to date now?
Posted: 6/6/2007 12:33:56 PM
The older you get the less there is out there. They're either all taken or have all died off. I guess it's from us older women chasing them, we're giving them all heart attacks.
 mj824
Msg: 11 (view)

why wont women let men be gentleman anymore??
Posted: 6/6/2007 7:52:34 AM
I'll take a gentleman any time. In fact, if someone's not a gentleman I won't take him. If she didn't appreciate all those nice things you did I'd show her the door all right, but it wouldn't be to open it for her , it would be to shut it for good behind her.
 mj824
Msg: 2 (view)

How can I tell if your flirting with me
Posted: 6/5/2007 2:29:41 PM
I'll be laughing and smiling while my hand is on your leg and my tounge is in your ear. I'll be ripping your clothes off while whispering sweet nothings. I'll be, if you want to know the rest I'll leave it up to your imagination. Now go ahead and take that cold shower I know you'll be needing.
 mj824
Msg: 2 (view)

Think i found a fish...now what ???
Posted: 6/5/2007 7:57:05 AM
If you find somebody with all those qualities definitely don't wait. Reel him in. You have so much in common. Don't wait, or some other hot babe may beat you to it.
 mj824
Msg: 19 (view)

Profiles True or False which do you prefer?
Posted: 6/5/2007 7:30:19 AM
Oops, double post. Didn't get enough zzzz's last night. lol
 mj824
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 6/5/2007 7:26:35 AM
"The truth, you can't handle the truth!." Just kidding, I just love that line so I had to use it. If someone is not being truthful in their profile then you got to ask yourself, What else would they not be truthful about? If they lie about little things they could be lying about alot more, like being married for example. Being not truthful is a big no, no in my book. Oh, MallardHunter, great minds think alike , you like that "truth line" too.
 mj824
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 6/5/2007 7:21:31 AM
"The truth, you can't handle the truth!." Just kidding, I just love that line so I had to use it. If someone is not being truthful in their profile then you got to ask yourself, What else would they not be truthful about? If they lie about little things they could be lying about alot more, like being married for example. Being not truthful is a big no, no in my book.
 mj824

He sounds dumb, but man he looks good.
Posted: 6/4/2007 7:07:31 PM
If someone's got his brains up his butt I don't care how good looking he is. I went out with someone like that once. Gorgeous, but boy was he dumb. And I do mean his brains were literally up his butt. When he sat down the only intelligent thing that came out of his mouth was, "I gotta get in a standing position so we can hold an intelligent conversation."
 mj824
Msg: 35 (view)

how long would you like to talk online before meeting in person
Posted: 6/3/2007 12:05:42 PM
I'm not a big e-mailing person. And I also believe you get to know alot more about that person over a phone. If you hit it off over the phone, then as soon as possible. The quicker you meet the sooner you'll know is he for me or have I just gotten carpal tunnel system from practiically writing a book to someone who I ain't got the hots for in person?
 mj824
Msg: 27 (view)

Help.. Does no 'sparks' on a first date mean anything?
Posted: 5/31/2007 8:23:21 PM
If those fireworks aren't going off it ain't gonna work for me. I've tried to give it time but it just didn't work. That spark was never really in my marriage, and look where it got me, on here.
 mj824
Msg: 102 (view)

Does anyone like being alone better? Can you take or leave having a relationship?
Posted: 5/31/2007 6:50:54 PM
I don't like it, but sometimes you can be more alone if you're in a dead end relationship that's going nowhere. He'd be watching TV downstairs and I'd be reading upstairs. THAT to me is being alone. You are never really alone. You always have yourself. And trust me, if things aren't working in a relationship that's the way to go. Much better than being wanted for manslaughter on those days I wanted to kill him. lol.
 mj824
Msg: 10 (view)

would you actually date someone you met on the internet?
Posted: 5/31/2007 12:58:19 PM
Uh, that is the reason I'm on here. The reason I'm paying for this, oh, forgot it's free. Of course I would date someone I met on the internet. I'm not on here for my health. Oh, maybe I am. There are sometimes good health tips in the forums. Note to self, on here not only for dating but to keep checking the forums for how to stay away from the Doc's office.
 mj824
Msg: 126 (view)

Do girls decide if they're attracted to a man within 30 seconds of meeting him?
Posted: 5/30/2007 10:45:18 AM
Yes, from the first second I lay eyes on someone I can tell if that attraction or "wow" feeling that I call it is there. You just know it. I get butterflies and go yes, yes, yes! If I've ever tried to force it it's never worked. If I look at someone and could never imagine sleeping with him it's a real deal breaker. Gotta feel the spark, gotta feel the wow, gotta feel the love , I mean lust. Gotta have the lust.
 mj824

Is smoking in any way a turn on? does it make men seem cool?
Posted: 5/29/2007 6:28:38 PM
Smoking a turn on? No way! Not unless you like kissing an ashtray. I inhaled second hand smoke for eleven years. God knows what my lungs look like today. Should have booted his Marlboro butt outside when he smoked. As for cool, he would have been beyond cool, he would have had icycles forming on him if I wouldn't have felt sorry for him and had him do it outside even in the dead of winter. Then when he was done smoking I could have thawed him out in the microwave. Oh wait, I'd have to find something bigger, he wouldn't fit in it.
 mj824
Msg: 85 (view)

Someone Please HOW Do I CONTROL MY MAN
Posted: 5/29/2007 10:03:15 AM
Control? Who the heck would want to control somebody? If you feel that need you shouldn't be with him. Nobody shoud be controling anybody. That's not what relationships are about, it's excepting people for who and what they are. But if you really, really feel that need just get him a leash, but make sure it's a long one or it may hurt his neck when you take him for a walk.
 mj824
Msg: 165 (view)

Long hair on older women
Posted: 5/28/2007 9:55:04 PM
Just read that last line about very long hair on older women, 50, not looking good. Well guess what, my hair is long and is going to stay long because it looks good, not just in my opinion but in the opinion of others. Including many youngsters under fifty. And hey, 50 old? I'll give you old! Come at me with a scissors and you'll see just how old I am when I'm done kicking your butt.
 mj824

Should I pretend to be more helpless?
Posted: 5/26/2007 4:49:04 PM
No way. Be proud of what you're capable of doing in life . In fact my ex was very helpless and was always asking me how to do certain things. What a turn off! My motto is "don't ever pretend to be who you're not." If a person doesn't like you for your strengths, they'll definitely not like you for your weaknesses. The only good thing about being alone right now is how self sufficient I've become because I've only got me. By the way, can anybody help me screw this lightbulb in my lamp?
 mj824
Msg: 34 (view)

What part of a man's body do you find the most attractive?
Posted: 5/24/2007 12:02:39 PM
The chest, love the chest. Don't care if it's smooth or hairy just so long as I can lean my head on it and feel close to him or nod off to dreamland.

Show ALL Forums