Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: The Royals and the Relevance
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 37 (view)

The Royals and the Relevance
Posted: 8/12/2012 8:15:43 PM
I vote for a Blimp ! everyone loves a good blimp :D
( If it were the GoodYear one ... it also has a cheery message ! )
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 11 (view)

When chintzy boyfriend is really loaded
Posted: 8/12/2012 12:35:10 AM
Mukuma ...chintzy .... cheapskate... a guy who has short arms and very deep pockets to keep his money in .... wouldnt shout if a shark bit him :D
In other words a bloke who has money, butis very reluctant to part with it , and prefers to let others pick up the tab when out .

I believe the word came about for Chintz curtains ( the thin white lacey stuff usually calico based ) ... Something that was very cheap compared to regular curtain ... so if you were cheap , you were chintzy :)
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 10 (view)

When chintzy boyfriend is really loaded
Posted: 8/12/2012 12:32:45 AM

Myself, I prefer poor and admits they are poor......it's hot :-)

Hey Hilly .... I am as broke as the elastic in a Dero's y-fronts ..... is that doing it for ya ? :)
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 179 (view)

Would you have a relationship outside your race?
Posted: 8/7/2012 7:47:34 AM

I can remember a time when the forums were a place to come and have a good discussion with a fair old smattering of humour and fun....how I miss those days. The constant nastiness in here is becoming quite overwhelming.......or should that be underwhelming.

bravo :)
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 31 (view)

The Royals and the Relevance
Posted: 8/7/2012 2:53:50 AM
Anglophile perhaps ?

Pertaining to a person who has an affection and affectation for all things British

( Not from Wiki .... All that money my dad spent on my education was not in vain )
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 4 (view)

help with my profile please
Posted: 8/7/2012 2:51:38 AM

I claim to have a time machine on mine

I knew it was too good to be true Cavey !!!
I am never gonna play with your little Dalek ever again !

( Foxy runs out of the Tardis and flops on his bed sobbing pitifully )
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 171 (view)

Posted: 8/6/2012 6:37:04 AM

The following 15 minutes of video will help you understand why you hate your own kind. It's not just your own ignorance at work........This is just an introduction as to why you are ashamed of your parents and grandparents and your own heritage and skin colour.

Dear Mr GuessWhat... do you always make sweeping observations about individuals you have never actually met, nor really conversed with ? Apparently you feel you know my character enough to ascertain my apparent shame and hatred of those who either fathered me or are similar in physical appearance to me?

I will tell you ONE thing about me , my observant friend , I choose to look at each person based on their actions, deeds, portrayed (and demonstrated ) intelligence , empathy, moral fortitude, social conscience , and a slew of other demonstrable character traits .

It doesn't really bother me if they have different shaped eyes to me , different skin colour, have a foreskin or not !

For the record , my ancesters are from a scots lineage , but have been here in Aus since 1834 , I am 6th generation born and bred Aussie from convict roots , their have been members of my family in the Boer war right thru to Korea . Every conflict Australia was "volunteered " for there has been at least ONE of my family who made the ultimate sacrifice for this country . In fact my direct ancestor was the first Victorian to lose his life on foreign soil and one of the first dozen or so Australians .
He is proudly listed on the 1st Australian Regiment ,1st Victorian Mounted Infantry, Roll of Honour

I am very proud of my beginnings , and my ancestors , they made this great country what it is today , they were hard working , tolerant folk , who taught me a man is the same as every other man , its only his ideas that might be different .

Not so very proud of people who spread hate over the internet

Peace be with you ;)
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 168 (view)

Posted: 8/6/2012 4:41:26 AM
Point of conjecture ..... are Rednecks a seperate race?

( Foxy ducks )
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 22 (view)

Pining over someone who has made it clear they don't want you?
Posted: 8/4/2012 5:44:09 AM
Probably meant that one day Mr Feral Cat went out shopping and was beaten by his wife for bringing home " Foreign Food"................... :P
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 47 (view)

Animal experiments.
Posted: 8/3/2012 7:51:09 AM
First up Ging , as I do 99.99% of the time , I 100% agree with your post !

However one other thing to consider here , is the corporate greed factor also .
Having been in the corporate industrialised world in various forms since the 1980's , I have been witness to an at "first slow but gradual " phenomenon which since the 2000's, has stepped up pace dramatically .
This phenomenon is "reverse Jingoism " as I call it .
For decades Australia and its industry fought to be Australian , a legacy of our insular beginnings , we were a mighty export nation , who produced items in abundance , that were either of exceptional quality , or simply darned good value .
We literally did live off the sheeps back , we supplied the world with agricultural produce , manufacturing and research and development etc , that was the envy worldwide . Sometime in the 70's and 80's the pride of being an Australian company , employing Australians started to be questioned by those bean counters who also brought us " The Recession We Had to Have "
Rather than continue to make allowances of a smaller profit margin and being proudly Aussie made , and Aussie owned , and providing a future for the next generation , "Industry " bought into the American Model of business , where if it could be sourced cheaper elsewhere (regardless of quality) then go for it ! Globalisation ! Greed IS GOOD !
The end of the 80's start of the 90's saw many Aussie Mum and Dad enterprises swept under by this globalisation and the large corporate giants began playing with a stacked deck , the likes of which we had never seen ( Think Coles/Woolworths/Coke/Amatil/Union Carbide/Dow/Glaxo etc) utilising resources already gained by exploitative practices in the third world to stripmine Australian business and manufacturing .

These people implimented the offshore outsourcing that is so commonplace these days , just to show another few percentage points on the books , nevermind that people and communities were laid to waste ( and are still being so)

I shall probably don my tinfoil hat now lol , but as it develops , I am noticing a pattern emerging on the Global front ... Australia is being seen more as a mineral/technological resource by Global Companies, China is seen as the manufacturer of the world , Asia is becoming groomed to become the technical district , New Zealand , Brazil, South Africa , are becoming the food processors , I truly dont think this is happening by accident :)
The Global economy is being shaped , and I do not think it is for " The Peoples" benefit .

I think this has a lot to do with shampoo being rubbed into bunnies eyes :(
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 21 (view)

solo sex: why is this such a taboo subject
Posted: 8/2/2012 4:37:37 AM

smoking and wank1ng together would be far, far worse

Just how fast are these peeps going ? :O
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 145 (view)

Posted: 8/2/2012 2:56:47 AM
I would probably date an elephant...they rock!

Foxy trumpets loudly from behind the rock !

I tell you I did less study in Uni than you blokes are doing for this thread LOL If only we could harness such power , carbon tax be damned !

Hilly , I hold exactly the same opinion as yourself Taxonomy, species and creed aside, if we call ourselves the human RACE ,Then would it not already suggest a homogenous bunch ?
( perhaps someone added some Permeate into the milk while we werent looking :O )

( BTW Taxonomy, Species, Race, Creed, et al ,are all just words that were made up once upon a time to differentiate one viewpoint from another , Kinda like the main contributors in this thread are doing lol )
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 109 (view)

Posted: 7/27/2012 12:24:04 AM

I never thought of him as being beneath me,

(Be good Foxy , be very good......so much comes to mind , and every one of them will only dig you a hole ... beeee gooood! )

I am really not getting what all the posturing and chest thumping regarding ones vocabulary ( or lack thereof) is all about
Some of the most intelligent people I have met have been illiterate and self made, some of the dumbest have a private education .....

The mark of a person is simply who they are , not who they try and be , whether it is on the interweb or in real life .

I think everybody has a forte , and we all have weaknesses , to attempt to usurp someone on the internet based on whether they have a grasp on big words or not isnt really a productive exercise .

I love the in depth discussions that can take place here ... just as much as I love the offhand one-liners :)

Debate is healthy , debasement is not :P

( I am not very smart , but I can lift heavy things ..........:) )
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 14 (view)

Julian Assange - does he deserve our help
Posted: 7/22/2012 7:38:21 PM
ABC Four Corners tonight ( Monday 23rd )
"Sex.lies, and Julian Assange "

Could be interesting viewing :)
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 79 (view)

Posted: 7/21/2012 5:02:05 AM
Leans on the bar , raises a glass to you lot " I lovesh shu guyyyysssss ! ....hic! "
"fer crying out loud itsh a race now ... schtopp picking on the cripples fellash.... "

( Sorry you were all being far too acedemic and cleverish :) )
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 36 (view)

unable to have children - is that a concern for men?
Posted: 7/20/2012 4:24:32 AM

but now i'm wary of men without children lol,

Oh Noes !..... screwed again ... Thanks a heap God !!! :P
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 33 (view)

Posted: 7/20/2012 3:45:53 AM

what man in his 40's ( or older) would want Carpet Monkeys crawling around his lounge room.

As you referred to the little darlings as "Carpet Monkeys" I am guessing you fall firmly into the " Dont want kids " catagory LOLOLOL
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 4 (view)

Julian Assange - does he deserve our help
Posted: 7/12/2012 2:39:37 AM
Man Cavey , you know how to post a conudrum dont you :)

The whole Julian Assange affair will polarise individuals . On the one hand you have the closest thing to an Internet Revolutionary fighting against "The Man " , On the other you have an alleged sexual predator ....
As is usual in such matters , only those directly involved will ever know even part of the truth of whether he is Messiah , or Mongrel ...

I think legal juristiction in all matters should be up to the protectorate in which the crimes ( alleged ) occured , i.e. if you are an Australian Citizen , and you commit an act of "Terrorism" or "Treason" against another nationality , then you should only be tried by that nationality , if the physical act took place on their soil , this is the basis of extradition as we know it , where a foreign national may be forced to answer his actions that took place in another country .

Unfortunately , Law seldom keeps pace with the rest of the world , and as is highlighted by this debacle , the ease of travel , and the interweb means borders are no longer defined so clearly .
Until their is an International Law , which holds ALL residents of the planet accountable, then we must work within the existing framework .

I would like to think the existing framework SHOULD protect someone like Julian Assange from unfounded claims ( if they are) just as much as it SHOULD NOT protect him if their is unassailable evidence that he did commit such acts .
Either way , YES the Australian Govt should be throwing their hat into the ring far more than they are ... it seems a drug smuggler in Asia gets more attention from the Fed Lawyers :)

Bearing the above in mind I think that perhaps their should be an international court , Which has no allegiance to any particular country whatsoever , and upon its discretion , recommend whether or not the aggrieved country gets to prosecute an individual or not ?

Assange really muddys the waters , because he is charged with such disparate crimes , one for the people , and one lot against the people ?.... Is the secondary allegations of Sexual matters a direct consequence of the wikileaks ? Only Assange , his alleged victim , and the U.S. Govt has the answer to that ?

Racking my brain for an answer to this situation , I could only propose one fair outcome for Assange , He should be deported to Sweden to face his charges there , If found innocent of the charges he should be released and free to travel where ever he wants , no doubt to a country who doesnt have an agreement with the U.S. ..... If convicted in Sweden then he is guilty of a crime in that country , and should be sentenced and also made available to the U.S.... because he has committed a crime on Swedish soil , he should not expect to be protected . If however he is brought into Sweden on an unfounded charge , it should be recognised that he was only ever in Sweden at that time because of the allegations and not of his own volition and therefore not bound by a further extradition ...

The U.S.of A invented "Double Jeopardy " Laws , perhaps their contribution to international law could be applying it in this case .
Assange guilty in Sweden ... sure you can try him for extradition .
Assange Not Guilty in Sweden ... was forced into a country by false allegations , should not be subject to a second party extradition ?
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 7/12/2012 2:20:23 AM
As a fella who is unable to have kids ( genetic , not optional) I can honestly say it wouldnt worry me in the slightest , as Ging points out , the adoption route is there .
I do think society might judge ( as it does on seemingly ALL matters these days lol ) but if it is one's reality , there really isnt much that can be done about it is there?
Unfortunately ( in my opinion ) it seems that more and more people these days are more concerned with being denied something , rather than just acceptance and getting on with life .

In my particular instance , yes I COULD possibly have a child ( less than 5% chance , and only after some heavy duty medical intervention) , but then I would at the very best , be only adding a carrier of a rare genetic disorder to the gene pool , while that child may not have any problems whatsoever , its children , or their children all could end up having the syndrome.

There IS often a reason why a person is infertile , it stops a certain abberant gene from replicating and continuing .
A lot of people dont seem to be able to accept this tho , hence fertility treatments etc etc abound in western society .

An individuals worth should never be based on whether they can procreate or not :)
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 56 (view)

Posted: 7/11/2012 5:13:44 AM
Sorry guys n dolls ... I am gonna have to play the Bill n Ted card yet again

" Treat each other most excellently, Dudes " ..... Man that just fits everywhere dont it ?
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 15 (view)

do we know what we want?
Posted: 7/7/2012 6:58:18 AM

I want chocolate, really hot sex and world peace.....not much to ask really is it??

Throws Hilly a Caramello Koala , Whacks her vibrator in the toaster ... and gives her 2 tickets to "Bhuddafest 2013 "

:) Job Done !
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 33 (view)

Lots of msgs in your inbox?
Posted: 7/4/2012 6:27:41 AM
Little bit more choke .......... we could get that started Bubbly One ;)

Keep that up and my inbox will grow into an outbox :P
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 31 (view)

Posted: 7/3/2012 7:26:55 PM
^^^^^^^^

Shaking my head lol ..... Ahhh Bubbly One ... you know just the right things to say to a man ;)
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 22 (view)

Moral Dilemna !!
Posted: 7/3/2012 4:31:23 AM
Ok you forum lot , get your pencils and diaries out ... Foxies speechless... this doesnt happen often lol

( Oh why Oh why do only women thousands of kilometers away say things like that !!! )

Thanks Cas !!! :) Smiley foxy !
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 30 (view)

Posted: 7/3/2012 1:42:18 AM
hmmmmm ... foxy contemplates man boob piccies ( should one shave around the nipples , one never knows the ettiquette these days ......... )
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 8 (view)

Vote for Jesus - Bethlem world heritage status
Posted: 7/2/2012 8:37:43 PM
Just as many wars have been fought in the name of christianity as there have been in any other religion :)

The tenets of any faith are in the main beneficial , however it is sad that it is left up to mankind to interpret them and manipulate them for their own benefit ....

I am more of the Bill and Ted " Be most excellent to each other " faith :)
Now THAT would bring about world peace ;)

Just one statement , that isnt complicated by 700 pages surrounding it , saying basically "stone thy enemies "

Any doctrine written hundreds of years AFTER supposed happenings is bound to be riddled with conceptions and biased one way or another ... What we consider to be The BIBLE these days , is a mish mash of holy writings , highly edited , and assembled in the reign of King James ... Whole sections were purged and destroyed ... where for instance is the writings of Judas Iscariot in the bible ? It is know he passed on many treatises in the day , but funnily enough none made it into the "Good Book " ......

Yep Bill N Ted do it for me ;)
Plain simple , uncomplicated and irrefutable :)

" Be most excellent to each other dudes ! "
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 20 (view)

Moral Dilemna !!
Posted: 7/2/2012 8:29:00 PM
Well after no less that 5 specific non arrivals of couriers , Foxy spat the dummy and drove the bloody TV into the freight pickup point on his own time and at own expense !

Completely frustrated and realising that was a full week of my time I will never get back ... but I sleep well :)
 foxboroughhottubs

Men happy to take money off women ?
Posted: 7/1/2012 3:38:00 AM
I think some of this confusion comes from the evolution of "the Rules" of dating , and of societal roles in general .
Admittedly I am quite an old fashioned guy in some ways , as are your brother and father, Casandra, but as you get older , you realise the rules arent the same as what you have been taught ... In the 70's/80's you didnt know whether to hold a door open for a woman , it could go two ways , either "thanks" and a smile , or "dont patronise me!!! you chauvanist pig ! "
I once actually had a car door slammed into my shins once , because I went around the car to open it for her LOL
Some fellows ( not myself ) have the attitude of , "well I am working , shes working ... why cant we go dutch or she shout ?"

Its a bit of a backlash against the equal rights movement I guess? Some fellows dont realise that a woman is an equal but still might deserve a little manners and respect , conversely some women , when treated as an equal , dont like it very much when the "old rules" are forgotten ?

Its a minefield out there , that didnt really used to happen as roles where more defined in the past ( not that I agree that a certain sex should have a certain role mind you ) , but at least when there are clear customs in force , its easier to observe them .
In some ways the same men brought up in the period of your dad and brothers , have to face a decision, if they do not know the person they are going out with well . Do you revert to type , or do you recognise the lady as a pure equal which also includes the responsibilities usually extended by the man ( such as paying )

Of course it could also be these blokes you date are looking for a free lunch :)
 foxboroughhottubs

Posted: 7/1/2012 2:53:59 AM
I hope it wasnt Casandra .... His wife would be mightily upset LOLOLOL .... but I know it wasnt him , cos hes a roof plumber and only manages himself ;)
Greenbushes is a lovely town tho , but then again I dont think Mandurah is bad at all :)
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 19 (view)

Posted: 7/1/2012 1:45:32 AM
I think even the POF search engine recognises I need all the help I can get Ging ! :D
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 7/1/2012 1:38:06 AM
Gonna call you on that Ginger Ninja !

According to POF I live within 50 miles of Bendigo apparently LOL , I am over 100 kays from there ;)
If you limit the search to exclude Bendigo , you get 20 girls lol ( and they are all too busy washing their hair )
Of those 20 it brings up THREE ! which are in actuality less than a 100 kays drive from me , even with the settings set to 35 miles , it is still showing profiles over 100 k's away :P

Edit ... and out of those 3 ... only ONE has been online within the last 30 days LOLOLOL
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 5 (view)

Men happy to take money off women ?
Posted: 7/1/2012 12:48:43 AM
^^^^^ Oh its gonna look like I am stalking you Hilly , but you owe me a keyboard ... reading that actually gave me a little spray of coffee out of the mouth !!! ( I never said I was cool or delicate )
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 17 (view)

Moral Dilemna !!
Posted: 7/1/2012 12:40:19 AM
Nah Hilly , Being too honest I know I will drive it into town if asked .... I do know however I wont drive it in UNTIL I am asked .... its a little stubborn thing with me , because everytime I have had something couriered , I PAY for door to door , the sender PROMISES door to door , and it always gets left unattended in a service station workshop lol
Its totally ridiculous , Australia Post delivers to my house ( Albeit only 3 days a week lol ) , so you would think a National Courier service who promises door to door , would actually do so ?

I think I do need a partner ... I have too much time on my hands LOL :)
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 7/1/2012 12:31:09 AM
Hmmmm Lets see , I have a brother in Greenbushes W.A. , thats a do-able commute to Mandurah LOL

Crikey I hope Ginger never does a search on eligible females around my place ... that would be far too depressing if only a picture of my dog turned up :(
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 15 (view)

Moral Dilemna !!
Posted: 7/1/2012 12:27:31 AM
A farcical update :)

All Week I have been on the phone betwixt me and Kogan LOL
They keep insisting a courier will arrive at my home to pick it up , I keep telling them they wont .

Little background info , I happen to live in a rural area that is literally 8 kilometres further out than any courier company will actually deliver to ... The local freight company drops off packages at the service station 8 Kays away and considers that door to door service ! ,

Toll Freight , the company Kogan uses , subcontracts our local bloke , so although Toll keep telling Kogan they will deliver or pick up , the reality is far different .

The poor girl at Kogan I am dealing with must think everyone she deals with is lying to her , she has organised with Toll on no less than 4 occasions this week for it to be picked up ... needless to say no-one arrives .

. Toll have told Miss Kogan they have rung me , but I dont answer ... Ahem , lets see , I have been home 4 days this week waiting for a courier , I think I would pick up the phone as I had nothing else to do !!! I also have an answering machine fitted to my landline and funnily enough , not one message from Toll ? Yet on each of the 2 or three occasions Miss Kogan rings meeach day to check if its been picked up , I answer within a couple of rings
Oh and they also told her they tried my mobile number too ... I havent had a mobile phone for over 7 years !!! and my last one was a work paid for and listed phone LOL

My local freight guy rang me on friday , saying he keeps telling Toll its not worth his while as a subcontractor to drive out here for what they offer him ( Are you ready for this , to lug a huge arse telly 100 kays from Bendigo to Pyramid Hill , he gets $3.60 from Toll) He says whenever I want to drop it off at the servo for collection , he will gladly pick it up .

Ohhhhh its a farce and a half !

Late Friday Kogan rang me again and absolutely positively 100% for sure told me the TV will be picked up from my home on MONDAY .... Its 11 days now I have this TV just sitting there lol

I emailed Kogan customer support and asked them to pass on the email I sent to Ruslan Kogan ( the owner) betting him a 55 inch LED TV that the courier doesnt come , and indeed I will be forced to carry it into town , despite all of Kogan insisting their couriers do door to door service :)

Havent heard back from Ruslan , but his lacky emailed me, not referring to the bet at all , assuring me ( once again ) that the courier will turn up !

So basically I have spent 32 hours last week , waiting for couriers I SIMPLY KNOW WILL NOT COME ! :)
I did point out to Mr Kogan that if they paid me minimum wage for the time I had spent waiting for said courier , I could have sent him a cheque for the TV and everybody would be happy !

Disclaimer , Kogan have been great thru all this , daily contact pretty much , but TOLL couriers leave me speechless !

( And yes I could have dropped the TV off in town early last week and washed my hands of it , but if it went missing in transit it would look like I stole it , because as far as Kogan knows , I am the one who has posession of it , and leaving it at the drop off point in town involves NO paperwork to the contrary )

To be continued no doubt !
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 6/29/2012 11:31:53 PM
Is tempted to message Hilly , just to make a liar out of her :)

I am lucky if I get a "Hi " more than once a month lol ( I feel soooo special ! )

Truly I think it all comes down to the photograph lol , and thats ok , because I know there is a lot more to me than how I would like to pose myself :)

You jumps on the POF train and hang on for the ride I guess... Just us ugly buggers have to wait longer between stations LOL
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 12 (view)

Hello...Text
Posted: 6/28/2012 6:16:47 AM
I think the exponential growth of texting has a lot to do with the way society is heading .
Its impersonal , brief, and a little "safe"
I pretty much gave up using a mobile phone ( or Cell for our US friends) about 7 years ago, I used to refer to it as my mobile handcuffs LOL

As we make our lives busier and busier, and try and fool ourselves that we are just sooooo important , texting and other non-personal forms of communication are becoming more and more the norm ( unfortunately in my simple opinion )
We just want people to hear us , we dont want to interact so much anymore ?

How do I cope without a mobile phone , well I actually visit friends, I take a little slice out of my day to actually be in their presence , or if it is a distance thing , I will phone them from home , and I will make a good half hour or hour available , so that I can hear about their lives and exchange concepts ( what a dinosaur I am ! )

I dont fill my life with a myriad of "aquaintances" , life is not about how many friends are on a facebook list lol

If I have something I need to say to a loved one , then I will say it , and let them hear what is in my heart and voice ... a text can be a disguise or camoflage, or even an outright lie , why would I ever need that :)
 foxboroughhottubs

should you confess to an affair
Posted: 6/26/2012 5:24:56 AM

Should you confess to an affair?....Personally I think your partner has a right to know you are a lying sh1tbag,tell all your friends, take all your stuff and leave you snivelling in the gutter in just your undies. So thats probably a yes from me! :-)

^^^^^^^^^^^

Hilly , you have just received my nomination for " Bestest Ever Summation & Evaluation Possible "

(And yep I's also agrees no gender bias there , lying sh1tbags are gender neutral :) )
 foxboroughhottubs

Weekend Getaway Gone Wrong :0(
Posted: 6/25/2012 12:37:33 AM
^^^^

Sings... ( in best Elton John fashion )

" And it seemed to me , you lived your life..... waving candles in your wind ... always leaving cling ons , when your bowel gave iiiinnnnnn ! "

( Hastily retreats )
 foxboroughhottubs

Weekend Getaway Gone Wrong :0(
Posted: 6/24/2012 8:14:17 AM
Interestingly enough , my ex-wife was exactly the same regarding pooping !
We could go away for a weekend , but anything longer than that was literally a pain lol
Eventually we worked out , if we went away , she would clean the toilet where we were staying for at least two days before she felt it was "hers" enough that she could use it .... never mind they were spotless, it was a thought process thing

It must have been love lol , because I always looked at it as "one of her things" .......lol
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 9 (view)

Moral Dilemna !!
Posted: 6/24/2012 7:51:40 AM
All weekend this TV has sat in its box mocking me :(
I am still waiting on "The Call " from Mr Kogan ... let us see what the next week brings lol

Any bets on the outcome folks?

:)
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 3 (view)

Are you a racist ?
Posted: 6/24/2012 7:43:59 AM

So you may say not to let any more in to reduce the rate of cultural change, but what about the skills shortages? What about keeping population growth high for more businesses profit, a larger tax base and a housing bubble that keeps growing? It is not in the governments nor business interest to reduce migration. Of course you could try and convince 51% of the population, but I'm afraid even then it wouldn't help because there's money to be made. Sorry.

I spent a bit of time thinking today , as to how I might actually reply to the Topic in general as posed by Guesswho.

My initial thought was along the lines of " Man he's opened a can of worms here "

I am really glad you stepped up to the mark on this one O Ginja Ninja , everything in your reply rings true , but also so does a lot of OP's fears and observations. I think our cultures way of evolving will be partway between the two , there will always be the old guard , who want traditional Anglo-Saxon "Aussie Aussie Aussie " values to remain locked solid , but if you look at these same values applied throughout the years they apply to ALL settlers since colonisation and the eventual wakening of our "Identity"... Take for instance the great Aussie "Fair Go" creed ... this applies to everyone who legally sets foot on our shores and wants to contribute to our great country , be they the greeks of the 50's the Italians and Yugoslavians of the 60's
the Vietnamese of the 70's and the larger Asian immigration more recently .

Pretty much ALL nations are racist to some degree, and with increasing numbers of "minorities " , Some Australians are beginning to taste some of the reverse racism and it leaves a little bitter pill in the mouth .

I would hate to see all vestiges of Australian Values , wiped off the face of the earth , but as Ginger points out , these values are in constant flux , it remains up to us , as individuals and as a society , to promote and pass on the values we feel should remain .

A lot of the values we might feel are threatened ( such as Christmas Traditions etc ) are only threatened because the populace chooses to play the political correctness game , and if we choose to play that , then we are in fact denying another of our so called values ... our right to be irreverant and politically incorrect ... the very thing that made us a nation that is the envy of many societies !

The section I quoted above from Ging's post is actually the REAL threat to the "Australian" way of life ... we are putting profit and growth before community and before assimilation ... Our country is being encouraged to grow at an unrealistic rate , that will not allow real assimilation of immigrants in the way it has happened in the past .
Where a "New Australian" was exposed to the very factors of what made our country great in the workplace, in the neighbourhood, within the community ... and we as established Aussies are dropping the ball a lot of the time too , instead of embracing our new neighbours , incorporating them into our lives , and showing them all about mateship , and having a go etc , we listen to the media , and fall into the fear trap !

First rule of governance ... divide and conquer ... something our Govt is becoming incredibly skilled at , immigration is a great platform for this , it meets all the growth criteria our "experts " feel Australia needs to keep the growth and taxation bubble happening, and provides enough instability to keep the populace divided :)

If Australia becaomes a place none of us no longer wish to live in , whos fault is it ?
The government who promotes it , or the people who allow it ?
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 16 (view)

Where are the ugly people
Posted: 6/22/2012 9:35:53 PM
^^^^^^^ +1 on all Lucky said

The most wonderful part of being human , is that attraction , even if only on a physical basis , varies so much between individuals .

I dont consider myself an oil painting , or even a crappy washed out watercolour , but in every relationship I have ever had , someone took the time to see something in me that others didnt ... its the way the world is :)
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 3 (view)

What do you think?
Posted: 6/22/2012 7:17:04 PM
Sheesh , I am so ugly I wouldnt date myself ..... problem solved :)
 foxboroughhottubs

Moral Dilemna !!
Posted: 6/22/2012 2:54:02 AM
Is there any chance you can get a job as Marketing Manager at Kogan before Monday Ginja Ninja?
The good news so far is that they havent called me back , so now this HUMUNGOUS telly is going to be mocking me all weekend ( AAAAaaaaarrrrrrrggghhhhhh! )

Wonders if I should test drive it ( no , must be good, must be good .... ohhh my precioussssss )

:)

Oh and Qldblue... that was the exact same logic I applied , someone might have got their fingers burnt and be out of a job , at least this way the telly goes back ( If they want it .... ohhhh my precioussss! )
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 1 (view)

Moral Dilemna !!
Posted: 6/21/2012 9:48:10 PM
Background , as a conscientious shopper , I have bought a couple of items from Kogan ( if we cant name business's let me know and I will mask it )
One being a 12 volt 24 inch LED tv (Highly recommended , only uses 40W of electricity ) and another being their HD twin tuner PVR .
Normally on electronics , its sometimes better to stick with branded products , but in these instances I was quite prepared to take the risk .. Both are excellent units , and yes BOTH have shown me their warranty and guarantee works exceptionally well ... the PVR had a slight power supply glitch from when purchased , and was exchanged within 3 days ... the TV remote died after 3 months , it also tore thru batteries , so no doubt was faulty from the get go ... again a replacement was sent out , no questions asked , it was in my hand the day after I emialed them ! Astounding considering I live in a remote area .

Now to the moral dilemna !

I got a phone call this morning from a courier to say he had left a package for me from Kogan in Pyramid Hill ( couriers dont deliver to where I live , you pay for door to door , but you end up driving 20 K's to pick it up anyway ( rollseyes)
Now this is strange , because as far as I know , I havent bought anything from them !
Curiouser and curiouser... So into town I go , thinking "Oh maybe they have sent me a little pressie for being so nice about the issues I had "

I pull into the service station where the courier leaves the packages ... and its a 55 INCH FULL HD LED 3D TV!!!!
Yes its invoiced to me! My name , my address...

So here is where I will hear the howls of "OH NO he didnt !!! "

So I bring it home ( cos you cant really leave stuff like that in a workshop ) ... and I fought the devil on my shoulder for a few minutes ... But I ended up ringing Kogan and telling them they had made a mistake :(
The guy on the phone actually asks was I being serious ? he even says that they probably would have noticed it missing , but never known where it actually ended up ... he was flabbergastered that I called LOL
SO long story short , I got a 55 Inch LED TV today , free and clear and I gave it back !!!
( well not really sure , hes gonna investigate and phone me back , but it seems likely they will send a courier out to pick it up ... these will be the same bloody couriers who WONT deliver to me , I will be pissed if they WILL pick up tho ! )

So the jury isnt out yet , I might have a free TV , but probably not

So would you have called the manufacturer ???

I have to admit , I was raised well , and I think I am a decent fellow , but for a moment there I was tempted

I Mean its a 55 INCH LED TV for gods sake !!! ( Sob Sob , sniff sniff!! )
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 2 (view)

earthquake in Melbourne: did you feel it?
Posted: 6/19/2012 6:49:13 PM
Quite a big quake indeed , but I wonder sometimes about the "reporting" of such things .
I live in central west Vic , up near the Murray River , no trembling here as far as I could tell , which gels with the official 200 Kay shake radius as calculated by geoscientists , My dog is also finely tuned to low frequency rumblings , she can feel a thunderstorm an hour before it arrives , she gave no indication anything was up .

However I have had a great laugh at all the social media drama queens( and kings) claiming they felt it as far north as Tamworth ! Even Wagga Wagga as claimed in the Age article is a huge stretch , I am about halfway between Wagga and Melb ( about 80 kays west of a straight line between the two ) , and like I said , nothing here , so it must have jumped me and caught the fast rail north :)

While not doubting a quake can be physically felt over long distances ( for in this instance , Melb for sure ) , the amount of social media people jumping on the bandwagon is astounding ... Facebook , Twitter , et al , should be nicknamed the 21st century version of chinese whispers :)

A great example of this was last years floods in Northern Vic ( Which I was caught up in ) at one stage social media had a "Four foot wall of water bearing down on us !! " now try to imagine if you will , I live in a very flat area , the flood coming towards us was over a 40 kilometre wide front ... Now can you speculate the sheer volume of water that would have to be coming to provide a FOUR FOOT wall of water ?... Actuality .. it took 3 days of steady inflow on my property to raise the water level 12 inches LOLOL ( luckily it got only halfway up the block and the house stayed dryish, but I had great water views for 3 weeks !)

Drama is not dead , it has just left the Big Brother house , and nestles in the keyboards and mobile phones , of a generation so keyed up to producing drama , that a mosquito bite is described as a flesh eating bacteria infestation :)
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 29 (view)

Animal experiments.
Posted: 6/18/2012 11:51:48 PM

...so why do so many of us query the Carbon Tax...is it NOT scientific fact?

Global warming is apparently the current trend ( until it cools down again lol )
Govt the world over have seen this as a great scare tactic to impose extra taxation ..
As soon as you introduce penalties rather than solutions , the scientific "fact " goes out the window and statisticians rule the roost for justification purposes of said taxation .... instead of build it and they will come , it is " Spin it correctly thru the media ... and they shall pay"

Science and morals will always clash , unfortunately Governments the world over do not believe in either , unless they are a means to an end :)

Animal testing ( bringing it back on track ) is unnecessary in many cases , in some , like the quadraplegia example for instance I would agree with ... I think we agree , it is a necessary evil , but using animals to provide funding for fundings sake , or where common sense and established scientific methods already predict an outcome is just morally wrong .

Example .. hmmmm this hair conditioner has a slight alkalinity to it , lets rub it on a rabbits eyes ... they know its gonna damage them , they just want to see how quickly and to what extent ... sheer bloody mindedness for bloodymindedness sake
 foxboroughhottubs

White, hetero Aussies discriminated against.
Posted: 6/18/2012 8:15:26 PM
AMEN NH !

It never ceases to amaze me , how often the "rights" of the criminal come before those of a victim or future possible victim .
As far as I am concerned if you participate in a crime against another person , you forgo some of your "rights" because you chose to do so , not because were forced to , you had no option, you didnt know better blah blah blah.
Bail is a privilege , not a right , and ANYONE who so much as farts in public while on bail should have it revoked .
Its like parenting , where you tellthe child not to have a biscuit before tea, they ignore you , grab a biscuit, and instead of voicing, or enacting your displeasure , you rub them on the head saying "Awww isnt he/she cute, here ,have anothe bikkie as well "

All you are going to do is teach them its alright to put their selfishness before others ....

A great personal peeve of mine is things like police chases in vehicles ... WHY on earth do people blame the police when something goes wrong ? Part of the conditions of owning a vehicle and holding a license is quite simply , you are to STOP when directed to do so by the police or relevant authority!
If you have done nothing wrong , what is the harm in pulling over ? A fine for having an unroadworthy car, being summonsed for not having a license ? Being drunk or under the influence of drugs whilst operating a vehicle?
These are all choices people make , but they think they shouldnt have to face consequences because somehow these offenses dont apply to them !
Like it or not , we are all a part of society , if you want to participate in the benefits of living in a society, then in doing so you accept the consequences of doing wrong by it .

This does not mean we are mindless slaves to rules , we still have the choice , but with bail offenders etc , who consistantly show they are not abiding by the conditions set , then they shouldnt be suprised if they have their bail revoked . And the bail SHOULD be revoked , or else it is just the very joke it appears it has become
 foxboroughhottubs
Msg: 2 (view)

solo sex: why is this such a taboo subject
Posted: 6/18/2012 2:15:39 AM
I remember there was a widely touted statistic in my youth
90% of men and women masturbate................. the other 10% are liars !

I have been a wanker all my life , and sometimes that even involved usimg my penis:P

Of course one does not blurt this out in social situations , as it highly reduces the chances of shaking hands when meeting someone :)

As far as discussing it openly , I dont have too large a hangup about it , but I will confess , its just not something I bring up with a mere aquaintance .... Like I need anymore reasons for a woman not to date me !

Show ALL Forums