Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Should they take away his million £.
 pantsonfire
Msg: 45 (view)

Should they take away his million £.
Posted: 9/9/2011 3:30:39 PM
This absolutely none of our business.. The people who are screaming for this man's monies to be taken away from him are probably the same people who had no problems with watching Eastenders and that bastion of society Leslie Grantham... Or perhaps Channel 4's Big Breakfast and that national sweetheart Johnny Vaughan.. there are others I'm sure but I can't be bothered with Google tonight..

Or does the fact that they were paid a weekly wage rather than a lump sum absolve them of their crimes?

The man paid his dues. The law is the law and not for us mere mortals to act upon as and when we want, to mould and remake according to our moral standpoint of the week. The law states he is a free and reformed individual and none of us has the right to argue that point..
 pantsonfire
Msg: 8 (view)

Tall women
Posted: 9/9/2011 3:06:34 PM
6 footer here, six five in my favouritest shoes and no I don't/didn't /never have had trouble getting dates. Don't /didn't /never have cared about the gentleman's height either..

If he rocks my boat he can do it from whatever vantage point he happens to be able to reach. Oh and it has bugger all to do with feeling 'protected', a shorter guy with a taller girl usually has no confidence issues and is perfectly capable of getting all Neanderthal on your ass should you choose to be a numpty and cause his lady distress... *swoon..
 pantsonfire
Msg: 19 (view)

How to handle this situation..
Posted: 2/20/2010 7:55:40 AM
Neither the rights nor wrongs of war are really up for discussion here, the OP is asking what we posters believe is the best course of action when talking to and, more importantly, listening to, a good friend who is in need of support, reassurance and solidarity in the face of something really bloody scary...

I think you're doing pretty damned fine actually OP... Listen to your heart, it won't steer you far wrong and should the very worst happen, you'll know you were a comfort to him in a time of need... And in the end, that's all we can hope to be to anyone who really matters to us, no matter what the situation they face, or our personal take on it...
 pantsonfire
Msg: 12 (view)

Do you consider yourself tolerant?
Posted: 2/19/2010 12:59:13 AM
^^ Pretty much the same as the poster above..

I cannot stand people with a superiority complex. Those who always have to have a greater (claimed) knowledge on any given subject..

Those superior, supercilious, self important, obnoxious, uncouth, gobshytes, who think that because they can shout the loudest, theirs is the only opinion that matters..

True tolerance IMO is understanding that you may have a subconscious dislike or perhaps discomfort about a certain something (after all it would be impossible to love everyone and everything) and yet being able to consciously override that negativity, do your utmost to find any positive aspects and focus your energies on those, rather than forcing your views on others.. Just because you can..
 pantsonfire
Msg: 7 (view)

Director Kevin Smith kicked off plane for being too fat. Views please!
Posted: 2/18/2010 3:42:05 AM
He's fat, kill him.. Put a nice, slender, seat fitting sociopath in his place... No one would have a problem with elbow space then... Presumably..
 pantsonfire
Msg: 5 (view)

Would you keep having children if you had a genetic disease?
Posted: 2/18/2010 3:39:17 AM
I can understand people saying that they would never enter into having a child if they have a predisposition to genetic disorders, however, Cystic Fibrosis is a genetic disease, yet there are many sufferers who lead happy fulfilled (if shortened) lives...
In fact a friend of mine recently passed away at the age of 22 from CF and I can assure you she lived and loved every moment of her life and never regretted being born.. Meeting her and getting to know her changed my views considerably... I would no longer make a blanket judgement on anyone who chose to have children knowing full well that there was a risk of their baby having certain genetic faults...

I think there is a huge grey area where no one can definitively state that they would or would not consider having a baby that had a genetic problem, without first having to face up to the actuality of doing so...

My son has Vitiligo, both my children have Hyper Mobility Syndrome, these are both genetic faults.. Would I have chosen not to have them if I'd known beforehand that they would be afflicted with these problems? Not on your Nelly!! Do they wish they'd never been born? No!! Are their lives less fulfilling, less fun, less enjoyable than any other child's? Doubt it.. Would their problems fall into the general grouping, Genetic disorders? Definitely!! Are these children, suffering from this Lipodystrophy, living happy, healthy, fulfilling lives? More than likely.. At the very least I doubt they wished that they'd never been born... Should they have never been born, or even conceived?

So my answer remains the same... Yes probably, but it would depend on the specific condition, risk factors and probable outcome of each individual case...
 pantsonfire
Msg: 3 (view)

Would you keep having children if you had a genetic disease?
Posted: 2/18/2010 1:05:58 AM
After reading up on this particular condition, it seems that is not often a disease that is overly obvious or life altering....

It is caused by a genetic malfunction which results in the premature breaking down of adipose tissue, the underlying fats which 'plump' us up and often presents itself as a pot belly, hirsutism and mild loosening of the overlying facial tissues, with a lack of fatty tissue on the extremities.... Looking at the images available on the Lipodystrophy site, it's rarely even noticeable... Very occasionally it may cause Diabetes Mellitus and even more rarely other forms of metabolic disease...

So, if that had been the prognosis given to me in respect of any possible future offspring alongside the odds of having a child with this disease (1 in 4), I think I may have risked it...

However, in regards to certain other genetic diseases, Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy for example, I would not 'keep having children' but I might attempt a pregnancy, knowing that I had the option of an early embryonic diagnosis (unavailable at present but we are talking metaphorically here) and the option of a medical abortion if the foetus proved to be afflicted with a disease that only had one possible outcome and a long road of pain (for the child) and heartache (for all) along the way..
 pantsonfire

From one extreme to another
Posted: 2/15/2010 3:26:13 AM
I dislike this 'big brother' stance being taken by the education authorities in regards to our children's physical appearance...

I believe that it would be far better for children to receive regular check ups at their GP and for their individual needs to be met rather than this blanket banning of all foodstuffs that are deemed even slightly unhealthy and this prison system of checking lunch box contents and subsequent confiscation of 'inappropriate' foods...

My daughter is extremely slender.. She had a number of health problems as a tiny baby and is now food phobic and fearful of feeling 'full'... All this emphasis on diet and healthy eating is extremely detrimental in her case... She already had great difficulty in enjoying the act of eating, having strict rules on what and how she would eat.. She now eats even less food than she ever did, has a fear of becoming fat and has actually vomited during two PSHE lessons... She is 8!! She is 4 feet 7 inches tall and just hits the 4 stone mark in weight..

As a toddler my daughter was prescribed cream, cheese and butter, in fact most naturally occurring (ie unprocessed) fattier foodstuffs to help with bulking her out, as she never came close to eating the quantity of foods to sustain a healthy weight.. We were told that she was a high risk for developing an eating disorder later in life and to never make mealtimes or food choices an issue with her... This from a professional, a paediatric dietitian.. Not some teacher who's spent two days of their 'In Service/ Teacher Training' learning about government targets for tackling obesity in childhood...

Obesity is a problem in children but so are the eating disorders at the other end of the scale and they can be far more difficult to treat and are in general a more insidious and sly threat.. Most parents of teen-aged girls will know the pressures they face in regards to achieving the impossible beauty of the airbrushed perfections that appear in every glossy.. We regularly read about 'celebrities' suffering from Bulimia and Anorexia.. I believe that if we are not careful about balancing out teaching sensible eating and just plain and simple enjoyment of all food, we will see a dramatic rise in eating disorders as these children reach their teenage years...
 pantsonfire
Msg: 26 (view)

children raping children
Posted: 12/17/2009 6:27:06 AM

I would hang their parents, then torture the kids and anyone who harboured them from the law..

Sick **stards like this should be culled from society..It is a mess that it is full of fat, old **** up paedophiles, let alone this..

wall - them- bus..

done

Hanging 'innocent' adults? Torturing young children? ... Nice.... Reminds me why I don't come on here much any more... Don't you just love the missed irony of it all..

pantsonfire
Msg: 65 (view)

Can you cook a decent meal?
Posted: 8/30/2009 2:53:32 AM
I love cooking meals from scratch, they're somehow more satisfying to eat..

We had stuffed mushrooms, followed by lasagne and garlic bread and a lovely baked cheesecake for afters last night.. Not gourmet cooking but good wholesome food with no scary preservatives or E numbers...

Steak and ale cobbler is another favourite here.. Along with chicken casseroles and the usual staple midweek meals like cottage pie, macaroni cheese (with bacon, onion and baby tomatoes), curries, risottos...

I am a dreadful 'healthy' cook.. I always end up adding butter, cheese or cream... I must cook more fat free meals!!!

Now where did I put that recipe for Beef wellington and clotted cream mash??
 pantsonfire
Msg: 9 (view)

Night Sky
Posted: 8/25/2009 2:34:26 AM
The 'meteor shower' is a huge phenomenon!!

They're called the Perseid's and are actually part of the tail of the comet Swift-Tuttle. they're a yearly occurrence and last for about a month or so.. From mid July I think, with the peak activity happening around the 10th August.. You certainly don't need a telescope to watch them, they are easily visible to the naked eye...

Every August finds us lying on the trampoline watching out for 'shooting stars'..
 pantsonfire
Msg: 45 (view)

No Redemption, No Life ?
Posted: 8/21/2009 4:07:31 AM
^^ Well no, because a 'nice, kind, sweet' murderer would get life, whilst an 'unpleasant, rude, aggressive' murderer would be executed.. Punished for his personality not his crime...
 pantsonfire
Msg: 43 (view)

No Redemption, No Life ?
Posted: 8/21/2009 3:44:14 AM
No.. I'm opposed to Capital punishment in any form. As I have said many a time before, I do not wish to become that which I abhor...

So we should kill criminals not for their crimes but for their personalities? Who decides what redeeming features are required to avoid the death penalty?

What I find endearing, you may find nauseating.. What I find sickening, you may find alluring...

Domineering and controlling behaviour in a man is pretty much universally distasteful.. The same behaviour in a woman tends to cost upwards of £100 per hour in a dungeon!!!

You cannot use something so subjective as perceived redeeming qualities as a punishment barometer...

After all in the baby P case, the perpetrators found at least one other person on this Earth that believed them to have the perfect redeeming qualities they so desired...
 pantsonfire
Msg: 23 (view)

released on compassionate grounds? Lockerbie Bomber
Posted: 8/21/2009 1:01:10 AM

If releasing a prisoner meant this country would be able to maintain a good relationship with the country of origin of the prisoner which might be integral to our country's well being, would that make any difference to your thinking?

Personal opinion? No it wouldn't change my views.. But I can understand that sometimes the Political implications are far wider reaching than just the emotions and views of the victims' families and that sometimes unpopular decisions have to be made...

In this particular case, yes we have a large amount invested in Libyan oil but will this decision to keep Libya happy, have an adverse effect on our socio economic relations with the US? Who would you prefer to have good relations with? I suppose it's a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't but the images of the heroes welcome al-Megrahi received were not well met by the US... Will that have far reaching implications? Say perhaps a significant drop in tourism to Scotland by the US? Little things at first... But who knows where the ripple effect will end?
 pantsonfire
Msg: 19 (view)

released on compassionate grounds? Lockerbie Bomber
Posted: 8/20/2009 6:26:02 AM
IMHO his guilt or innocence is of no consequence in regards to the actual story being debated here, the question is, should a convicted murderer be released on compassionate grounds when their own life is coming to an inevitable end..?

I don't think so... I believe the compassion should lie in the treatment of the convict within the limitations of their incarceration.. As long as they receive good medical care and are given appropriate pain relief and are treated humanely, then there is no good reason for anyone to be released early from their sentence..

Will we release Peter Sutcliffe? Dennis Nilson? Ian Brady? Colin Ireland? Etcetera ...

If al-Megrahi is innocent of the crime he was convicted of, that is a totally separate issue to releasing someone who is guilty, just because they happen to be dying...
 pantsonfire
Msg: 42 (view)

Is America there yet? And do we have true racial equality in the UK?
Posted: 8/18/2009 5:31:37 AM
http://www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/cerd/docs/ngos/usa/USHRN21.doc

That's a document prepared by the NGO in Special Consultative Status with the
Economic and Social Council of the United Nations...

Also.. http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/node/86 .. A statement made by Prof. Baldus, Date: June 11, 2001 To: The Honorable Russell D. Feingold
Committee on the Judiciary, U. S. Senate .. So Government accredited information...

Quoted from this statement...

I have read U.S. Department of Justice, The Federal Death Penalty System: Supplementary Data, Analysis and Revised Protocols for Capital Case Review (June 6, 2001) ("the report"), which supplements the DOJ report of September 12, 2000. The following comments explain why in the face of the findings and data in the DOJ September 2000 report, the latest DOJ report utterly fails to convince me that there is no significant risk of racial unfairness and geographic arbitrariness in the administration of the federal death penalty. I believe there is still the just as much reason to be concerned about these issues as there was when the September 2000 report was issued.

Other than actually sitting in on every single court case that results in the death penalty being the sentence passed, I cannot provide any irrefutable proof.. Similarly no one can disprove this theory..

As I said before, this thread is at risk of being hijacked and as such I believe the crime and punishment aspects of racial equality should perhaps be left alone..

EDIT.. Can I just say, I agree entirely on the PC aspects.. Political correctness does more harm than good, I'd also like to say that I don't believe Black criminals are treated unfairly in the US, I just believe, from the information I have gleaned over the years, that White criminals are treated more fairly..
 pantsonfire
Msg: 37 (view)

Posted: 8/18/2009 3:57:37 AM
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/death-penalty-black-and-white-who-lives-who-dies-who-decides

There's all the information you need...
 pantsonfire
Msg: 32 (view)

Posted: 8/18/2009 3:29:56 AM
Sorry Knobhead..

Taken as a lone posting that does look awful... What I was trying to say was that instead of looking at the top end of US lifestyles for proof of true equality, perhaps Mr Jackson should be looking at the bottom rungs...

Crime is to be blamed for people of any race being on death row.. Nothing else... I doubt you could find more than ten inmates who are truly innocent of their crimes..

It is however, fact that Black criminals are more likely to receive the death sentence for crimes which merit that sentence and that is the inequality I am speaking of... I suppose it is conceivable that a higher proportion of Blacks are involved in criminal activities, I suppose it's conceivable also that a higher proportion of Blacks commit crimes which merit the death sentence but surely not to the levels shown in the figures posted?? Surely they can't be 3 to 4 times as likely to commit a crime as Whites? Can they?

As for killing more whites to balance statistics, how about we don't kill anybody, then the stats would be perfect..

Anyhow I'm heading towards hijacking this thread so I'll shut up..
 pantsonfire
Msg: 23 (view)

Posted: 8/18/2009 2:32:25 AM
^^Whilst that stands up to inspection as an exclusive set of figures, the disparity arises when you compare the percentages incarcerated and on death row against the demographics of the country as a whole..

Total population: 299 million
White alone: 74% or 221.3 million
Hispanic or Latino ethnicity, of any race: 14.8% or about 44.3 million
Black or African American alone: 13.4% or 40.9 million
Some other race alone: 6.5% or 19 million
Asian alone: 4.4% or 13.1 million
Two or more races: 2.0% or 6.1 million
Native Americans in the United States or Alaska Native alone: 0.68% or 2.0 million
Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander alone: 0.14% or 0.43 million

So if we are saying that the USA has achieved true equality of the races then Whites should make up 74% of both incarcerated and death row inmates and Blacks should only make up 13.4%... Now you can see the true inequality..
 pantsonfire
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 8/18/2009 1:48:49 AM
The Human race is not engineered to accept equality anywhere, ever!!

It's the reason we are now the pinnacle species.. We will always strive for superiority over certain aspects of our lives.. I doubt there is a single one of us who would be truly satisfied with being equal to every other person on this planet...

As for the US achieving racial equality with the inauguration of Obama... I think it's probably better to look at the racial make up of the Death Row inmates before Mr James claims true equality has been achieved..

Here, we don't have equality either and we never will.. We just have to strive to make things less unequal...
 pantsonfire

Bolt - How Fast?
Posted: 8/17/2009 9:31:43 AM
He is just spectacular, stunning, amazing.. Oh there aren't words to describe that man when he is sprinting.. He is poetry in motion, the perfect blend of power and grace.. Beautiful to watch, he almost floats... He's running at over 44 km/h.. That is just beyond comprehension... And he's not bloody trying all the way to the line.. He eases up about 15 metres out..

I hope he's clean, I'm sure he must be clean, the authorities must be crawling all over someone like him.. He's truly superhuman...

He'll hit a sub 9.5 in the very near future...

EDIT* Just watched him again.. Did you see the photographers after the race? Usain is jogging around the track and these two poor guys are running hell for leather just to keep up with the man...
 pantsonfire
Msg: 4 (view)

Funniest/Oddest CV
Posted: 8/14/2009 12:24:26 AM
Not a CV but, I applied for a key-time job at ToysRUs a few years ago and at my Starsearch interview there were 7 other applicants... We all had to do various tasks and then give a short talk on something interesting that had happened to us that would demonstrate our suitability for the positions we were applying for..

Most of the applicants were in their late teens and talked about nights out, gigs, extra curricular hobbies, the usual stuff.. Then this young girl got up and told us about how she and a friend had nicked a woman's handbag and then gone on a shopping spree with the money, then handed the rest of the bag into the police and collected a reward from the rightful owner...

Not the best escapade to confess to when you are applying for a position working as a cashier and worse, the friend she had just mentioned was working on the tills already..
 pantsonfire
Msg: 16 (view)

Britains View On Kids Learning Properly?
Posted: 8/13/2009 4:29:47 AM
I don't expect everybody to work to a similar standard of English as my own, I have a love of the English language and that is very helpful when learning the subject... I'm also perfectly aware of the fact I am merely an also ran and nothing special in my knowledge of written English, its rules and quirks..

I loathed Geography at school and as a result my geographical knowledge is dreadfully poor, fortunately for me it is not considered a 'core' subject and so I am able to hide my failings in that area quite easily in day to day life, God love TomTom..

Teachers can only mould the clay they are provided with, they cannot take a child with a low IQ and a dislike for English in year 7 and produce a genius English master in year 11...

The OP for example, yes OK, so his language choices were incorrect in parts.. His grammar, punctuation and spelling weren't exam perfect but he was legible.. I think that is where the OP's problems lie... Legibility.. And if he wishes his child to be better educated than he, then good on him...

Teachers are slaves to government targets and constraints.. They do what they can with what they have and often that means working as many hours at home marking work and planning lessons, as they work actually teaching your child..

Also the usage of learn instead of taught... It's a regional dialogue 'thing'.. I hear it all the time here, "That'll learn em"...
 pantsonfire
Msg: 41 (view)

When should mum stop being so much of a mum?
Posted: 8/13/2009 3:41:53 AM
There's nothing better than that five minute chat at bedtime... Everything comes out at that chat, worries, fears, hopes, aspirations, potential girlfriends, the lot...

Mind you it's more often held with him sitting at the bottom of my bed now rather than my sitting at the bottom of his...

He can't sleep unless he's had his goodnight kiss and he's nearly 16...

When it's school time, I wake him with a cuppa and a slice of toast.. Not because he demands it but because I enjoy doing it...

He can cook, iron, wash, whatever.. And he does... But for me, being a mum is about spoiling my children, giving them that extra special something that they won't ever have again... There is a fine line between spoiling a child and ruining them I agree but a little extra love and attention does no harm...

It's keeping the lines of communication open and that's probably the most important aspect of good parenting..
 pantsonfire
Msg: 24 (view)

Why are benefits staff always so arrogant.?
Posted: 8/13/2009 2:12:15 AM
Because the majority of the people they have to deal with are tits.. And that's from personal experience, I was a DSS Lackey back in the late 80's early 90's and I can tell you the staff could learn a fair bit about arrogance from the claimants!!!

One guy taking a shyte on the counter, one woman leaving her six kids because we wouldn't give her yet another crisis loan... One bloke sending us a postcard from Egypt.. A guy sitting in the waiting room opening up his latest Sony Walkman, whilst claiming he was without food, electricity and gas... Being spat at, sworn at, vomited on, threatened, called a cuunt, a slag, a tramp.. I could go on... But you constantly get treated with disdain, you lose any empathy for anyone pretty quickly and just go into robot mode...

It's safer that way...
 pantsonfire

The Premier League Discussion Thread 2009/10
Posted: 8/8/2009 2:22:57 PM
^^ I am, but in my defense I have imbibed a shocking amount of red wine and very little food...

So I change my player of the season from Tevez, although I'd still love him to stick it to that git Ferguson, to Torres, because he's just sublime to watch.. And I do mean footballing skills and not because he's a pretty boy!!
 pantsonfire
Msg: 6 (view)

The Premier League Discussion Thread 2009/10
Posted: 8/8/2009 1:45:58 PM
^^^ Err hasn't Torres gone to Spain???

For me..

Top 4
1. Manc utd
2. Chelski
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal

Europa League
5. Tottenham
6. Manchester City
7. Everton

Bottom 4
17. Wolves
18. Hull
19. Birmingham
20. Burnley

FA Cup Winner : Chelsea

Carling Cup Winner : Manc Utd

Player of the season : Tevez

Top Goalscorer : Doyle (What? gotta have some hope other than escaping by a hairs breadth...)

Signing of the season : Michael Owen

First manager sacked : No idea...

Most improved team : Man City (Still doesn't mean they'll win anything)

Under achievers : Man City (See above)
 pantsonfire
Msg: 25 (view)

For those of you with cats!!
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:39:25 PM
Msg 28, if you're feeling brave just put Iams cruelty in to your search engine...
 pantsonfire

Does the type of pet you own say something your personality
Posted: 8/6/2009 12:20:56 PM
I have, 1 dog, 2 cats, 2 snakes, 2 lizards, 3 spiders, 2 goldfish, 2 kids and bloke...

Anyone makes a comment on the vast size of my hole and I'll lamp them one!!!!

I do agree that pets can be an excellent personality indicator.. A Rottweiler owner is not going to be the same as a Shitzu owner in temperament... Well not often anyway...
 pantsonfire
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 8/6/2009 11:15:56 AM
Oh and never ever feed pets 'Iams'.. Evil, animal abusing, lab testing gits!!!!!
 pantsonfire
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 8/6/2009 10:43:03 AM
Hilife often has a very high percentage of meat but if your cats are anything like mine, that can be too rich...

Mine have a mix of Whiskas tins and that lovely dry food with the goo in the middle...

Some useless information.. Did you know feeding male dogs and cats on a diet consisting solely or predominantly of fresh chicken can cause sterility???
 pantsonfire

Did your town have a Haunted house.?
Posted: 8/5/2009 5:34:49 AM
Not so much a haunted house as a haunted path...

My mum's house is right next to the fields at Elmdon, St Nicholas Church is just across these fields, it's very old, featuring in the Domesday book..

There used to be a small friary nearby and an ash path was laid for the monks to walk to service each day.. Legend has it that the initial path was laid with the ashes resulting from executions by burning at the stake but I doubt that to be true, however ashes from wherever were continually laid down over hundreds of years... It is rumoured that a group of ghostly monks still walk to service along that ash path but they are only visible from the mid thigh upwards.. Because of course, the ash path is now about 2 feet higher than it was when they were alive..

It is an eerie place to be, early morning mists and great old trees... Wonderful too...
 pantsonfire

Are our children targetted by too much advertising?
Posted: 8/3/2009 9:21:28 AM
Msg 3.. Benderoos are brilliant.. Hours and hours of non gooey fun... But they do have a warning that they might stain and they do get fluffy if they go on the floor...

Whenever I moan at my daughter for getting grubby, she sighs at me and says, "Trust pink forget stains mum"...

Arghhhhh.. I hate that advert...

They are sly.. They sneak into your subconscious and before you know what's happened you're buying something utterly useless... Anyone else got those stupid tumble drier balls???
 pantsonfire

Kings OF Leon!
Posted: 8/3/2009 8:03:25 AM
Whaddaya mean they aren't pretty boys...

Not a one of them would stand a chance in my presence...

Extremely edible... I love the pouty bratty look of Matthew Followill... In fact I just love the Followill gene... They are all scrumptous, their music is pretty bliddy good and they are an all round good package..
 pantsonfire
Msg: 73 (view)

So why are you single?
Posted: 8/3/2009 1:44:40 AM
I'm not... Now where did that smug, self satisfied, smiley go?

pantsonfire
Msg: 18 (view)

If the shops ran out of food.?
Posted: 8/1/2009 1:27:23 AM
I'm a regular shopper, so don't have much of a stock cupboard... I have some pasta, beans, tinned soups, a couple of bread mixes for when I'm feeling lazy, then some other non edible dry mixes, gravy, cornflour, baking powder, gelatin sheets...

So if we had to survive on our stock cupboards, not longer than 48 hours..

But I do have my veggy patch, tomatoes, beans, peas, potatoes, broccoli, leeks, carrots and other bits not quite ripe yet...

And I have a recipe for squirrel fricassee.. Lot's of grey squirrels.. And a big gun!!!

So we'd do alright..
 pantsonfire
Msg: 79 (view)

Big Brother 10.....2009.......
Posted: 7/31/2009 11:52:53 AM
Issaac... "So if I'm in the house, Daddy's back, is that right?!"

Errrmmmm... Eeeep?

Noireen is a trollop, in the true sense of the word.. Believes herself sweet and innocent, whilst mind fukking every man she comes into contact with.. She has to have the record for BB affairs... Sree, Markus, Siavash and now Issaac... Floozy, mucky little mare!!!! Get the woman out....!!!!
 pantsonfire
Msg: 2 (view)

RIP David aka 'Mrpassionfruit'
Posted: 7/31/2009 10:46:07 AM
Sad news as always to hear of one so young dying...

I didn't know the gentleman concerned but send my condolences to all those who did know him....
 pantsonfire

R.I.P.....Sir Bobby Robson has died of cancer aged 76.
Posted: 7/31/2009 6:14:05 AM
Very sad news but I suppose in the end, a relief... He fought long and hard and battled to the end..

A true footballing legend and a sad loss to the sport...

RIP ..
 pantsonfire
Msg: 2 (view)

A Ban on organs donated to NHS being used for non NHS patients ..
Posted: 7/31/2009 12:19:24 AM
You're right Mac.. I suppose organ donation is a thing with me... My brother suffered from kidney failure and was on dialysis for the last decade of his life... He was never a candidate for transplantation because the disease he suffered from meant that any organ transplanted would be damaged and eventually he would be back at square one...

However, I wonder, if we had had the finances, would we have been offered the option of transplantation.. Prolonging Paul's life..

*EDIT* Msg 5 .. Sorry that's what I meant Mac, re reading my post it sounds like I'm wishing we'd had the cash to pay for an organ and think it better to have that option available .. Whereas in fact I'm railing against the unfairness of the current system and am pleased that the NHS will no longer be allowed to sell organs that are meant to be used for the good of whomever needs it most, no matter what their financial status...
 pantsonfire
Msg: 1 (view)

A Ban on organs donated to NHS being used for non NHS patients ..
Posted: 7/30/2009 11:44:59 PM
Watching BBC Breakfast and I heard this news..

Private transplants to be banned... Apparently, a significant number of organs donated to the NHS were used in private transplant operations.. Also a number of organs have been transplanted into overseas patients who paid for their operations..

Here is the link...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8176277.stm

Did you realise this was happening? Do you believe this is a form of queue jumping? Should those with the finances be allowed to purchase their organs? Should British donor organs be used exclusively for British NHS patients? Or are the NHS just being business savvy using the organs in the best way possible, ensuring their survival in this difficult financial environment?

And does it change your views on being a donor, knowing that your organs may not go to the most needful patient but perhaps the patient with the finances available?.. In effect something given for free going to the highest bidder...
 pantsonfire

Wanton neglect or over enthusiastic Social services?
Posted: 7/30/2009 3:39:17 PM

How many kids have we got to go through until we are allowed to keep them?'

Taken from message 7's quote from the woman involved...

For that sentence alone I agree with social services decision..!!!
 pantsonfire
Msg: 78 (view)

Posted: 7/30/2009 3:06:59 PM
Jeez I hope they make her mouthwash between men... She could single handedly infect the entire male populace of this country with Swine flu within a month....
 pantsonfire
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 7/30/2009 2:53:35 PM
Msg 23 ^^ My views pretty much word for word...

A mother would fight for her children... This woman doesn't particularly want her child she wants any child.. The ones she's already had taken into care have been consigned to history already in her mind, they're not worth the fight, it's easier just to get pregnant over and over... That's not a healthy mindset...
 pantsonfire

Posted: 7/30/2009 1:46:03 PM
It seems a very similar situation to my neighbour... She lost her youngest child due to a mental health problem she suffered before he was even conceived.. Her two middle children were rightfully removed from her custody but the woman who had the last child was a healthy woman, not the paranoid mental wreck who put her other children at risk..

This woman had her first two children removed by social services and even she admits they were probably right to do so.. However, her situation is totally different now, her relationship is a new (as opposed to the one that produced those first children) one... The only constant seems to be the mother herself...

Perhaps offering her parenting classes.. Insisting upon a high involvement in the child's life... I don't know, what kind of thread would be reading if they did give her a chance and we were reading about it's horrific death and the fact SS left her with this child despite removing 13 others from her??? They can't really win ..

I have to question the thinking behind this woman's repeated pregnancies... After suffering the loss of a number of babies through late miscarriage, I cannot believe anyone with a healthy mindset could ever purposefully put themselves through pregnancy after pregnancy knowing they'd be losing that baby... Something isn't quite normal about someone who is so determined to be a mother that the consequences for the child she produces are secondary to her needs...
 pantsonfire
Msg: 21 (view)

Missing Muffy .......Where Would You Search?
Posted: 7/30/2009 6:42:43 AM
Honestly, some people just aren't responsible enough for Muffy ownership!!

You should never allow your Muffy to wander about in public unsupervised... Tchoh... Muffys are notorious for doing exactly the opposite to what you tell them to do... Keep them under lock and key at all times and only allow them out to play when you can guarantee they won't get bored and wander off to look for something more fun to do!!!

Remember a Muffy is for life and not just for Christmas!!!
 pantsonfire

revenge is sweet
Posted: 7/30/2009 3:18:38 AM
The best revenge is to prosper...

I'd have just said to my partner, next time you want to cheat on someone, at least have the intelligence to put your phone on silent.. And waved them bye bye..

Can't be doing with all the subterfuge and cloak and dagger shyte... It's too time consuming and energetic.. Tell them to fook off and then go eat some chocolate.. Far easier!!
 pantsonfire
Msg: 77 (view)

Posted: 7/30/2009 2:59:38 AM
^^ Don't feed him Octo, he's our resident uber troll..

I watched BB last night for the first time since the new group went in...

The dynamics are all over the place.. All I know is, Noireen is STILL a manipulative madam...

'Are we still going to do London?' indeed.. No because the cameras won't be on you and you won't give a toss!!!
 pantsonfire
Msg: 76 (view)

Posted: 7/30/2009 12:40:29 AM
Where is the live feed? I know, I know, stupid... But that was the bit I preferred...
 pantsonfire
Msg: 13 (view)

Snog,Marry or Avoid
Posted: 7/29/2009 8:49:09 AM
I always dread doing these, because I know I'll forget someone special... So I'll be purposefully vague...

On the forums...

Snog... Zeegary first, cos I lust after him....Then every single other forumite in alphabetical order... Including you girlies...

Marry.. Hams of course... Hmm hold on no... Hula Moo... I hear she does a stonking Bangers and Mash...

Avoid... I don't need to any more.. The idiotic, racist shoulder chip got a permanent ban.. Although his protege is becoming irritating too... Oooh and perhaps the bog watcher... I like to piddle in peace...

Show ALL Forums