Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Regina Meet and Greet - Karaoke Nigh on May 12, 2007
 nicereginalady
Msg: 28 (view)

Regina Meet and Greet - Karaoke Nigh on May 12, 2007
Posted: 5/11/2007 7:08:36 PM
hey bep and supermom...I may not make it...fighting a sinus cold and migraines....I will have to see how I'm feeling after work tomorrow...I know you will all have a good time...talk to you later....
 nicereginalady
Msg: 20 (view)

Regina Meet and Greet - Karaoke Nigh on May 12, 2007
Posted: 4/30/2007 4:22:06 PM
I put my name up...but can't say for sure if I'll make it or not...my weekend to work...but if I make it will be there early and leaving early....lol...
 nicereginalady
Msg: 5 (view)

have you changed? how?
Posted: 2/18/2007 2:13:09 PM
I know I have changed over the years..growing up with a mean father and called names...I always swore that I would break that pattern..but when I was in my teens and early 20's I kept falling for the same kind of men that my dad was...so I would never move forward with them as I wanted to break that pattern...I won't settle for just anyone...the first sign of verbal,emotional or physical abuse..he's gone..no second chances...I grew up with that and don't and won't live the rest of my life like that...I have learned alot from my past and have come to realize that respect is a two way street and if there is only one person giving it..there is probably no chance for any kind of happiness unless the other person is willing to change...I think back on my past and see how much I have grown and learned from it and try to use the learning in my everyday life and try to be the best that I can and treat people the way that I would want to be treated...I myself have become stronger and I'm not afraid to speak up anymore and will say when something is bothering me instead of letting it eat me up inside and build...now that I'm talking in circles I'll go...lol.....
 nicereginalady

need meal recipes for a person with very high cholestrol
Posted: 2/15/2007 4:34:30 PM
Hi there...I have high cholestrol as well ...I follow the Canadian Food Guide...that is probably your best route to go....it will give you a break down of what you can eat and how much...and give you weight portions of what you want...my cholestrol is stable since following this diet...and there are meats on there and they say to eat lean meats and low fat...it does work...good luck....
 nicereginalady
Msg: 2 (view)

Profanity in conversation..whats your thought?
Posted: 11/19/2006 1:22:39 PM
Hi there...I totally agree with you...profanity as a standard language is a total turn off...I cut the conversation short and usually don't talk to that person again..or..I'll talk one more time and see if it happens again..and if it does..there will be no third conversation...I'm not perfect..but I do try to not have a potty mouth...*smiles*...
 nicereginalady
Msg: 4 (view)

Moose Jaw 2nd Party pics
Posted: 11/18/2006 4:11:21 PM
I sorta see them..they are really blury...but there...*smiles*....
 nicereginalady
Msg: 3 (view)

Regina People...Lets start a little chat room!!!!
Posted: 10/19/2006 8:12:23 PM
I used to host a chatroom on MSN..but now if you want to use them...you have to pay a monthly fee..that's why I'm longer hosting...but I do believe Yahoo does have free chatrooms..not sure how to set them up on there though....
 nicereginalady
Msg: 110 (view)

Turn offs
Posted: 10/12/2006 7:20:57 PM
ppl who are on a BBW/BHM dating site and tells someone male/female that they are looking for someone slim or athletic...I just don't get it...it's a BBW/BHM dating site...if you want a slim/athletic person...then don't join a BBW/BHM site...unless BBW/BHM means something else...heck if I know....
 nicereginalady
Msg: 101 (view)

Turn offs
Posted: 10/10/2006 8:35:51 PM
people who lie and try to justify it with another lie...or talk through their a** trying to say that's not what they were saying because they got caught in the lie...
 nicereginalady

Do we need younger partners to feed our egos' ?
Posted: 10/3/2006 7:45:31 AM
I prefer men my age give or take a few years...I can relate better to them.. if I was dating someone quite younger...what would we have in common...probably not awhole lot...would like someone on the same wave length as myself...*smiles*...
 nicereginalady
Msg: 7 (view)

Here's Your Sign
Posted: 8/17/2006 1:29:32 PM
I think I may have the winner...lol...

this was about 10 yrs ago..my friend had just gotten her drivers...she proceeded to drive her car that she hadn't plated yet and I told her she should go to SGI and gets plates and she told me she didn't have to as she had her drivers..I said you still have to plate the car and she argued with me saying she had a drivers so didn't need to plate the car...LOL.....scary thought is..she was in her 30's when this happened...LOL...
 nicereginalady
Msg: 10 (view)

Where in Sask would you like to live?
Posted: 7/25/2006 10:52:13 AM
I would have to say Waskesui area or Christopher Lake area it's so beautiful up there...
 nicereginalady

PICS FROM REGINA PARTY JULY 21 st
Posted: 7/20/2006 4:28:42 PM
man do I feel sorry for the pump tomorrow night...sounds like it will be fun...sorry I can't make it...have to work...hope you all have fun and can hardly wait to see the pics..lol...could be funny or they could be scary...lol..have fun all....
 nicereginalady
Msg: 6 (view)

POFers Regina meet
Posted: 3/20/2006 6:25:38 PM
depends when and where it is...if I'm off work..I might go...
 nicereginalady
Msg: 2 (view)

Thoughts on BBW's
Posted: 3/4/2006 5:53:59 PM
agrees...been done to death...
 nicereginalady

where are all the nice normal girls ???
Posted: 3/4/2006 5:50:57 PM
ok...can I say the same thing back to you?..everytime you tell a girl she is good looking, can I assume that you are desperate,like you are saying these girls are?... a statement like that can work both ways...and it sure won't get you any dates...maybe changed your views on woman..if someone pays you a compliment take it as just that, and don't assume that it is because they are desperate or just want you...good luck in your search...
 nicereginalady
Msg: 84 (view)

My Weight and My Boyfriend
Posted: 3/4/2006 5:40:50 PM
my goodness drop him..sounds like all he cares about is what others might think of him if he's seen with you...you don't need that..you should be worth more to him than what his friends think...if he has to make decisions based on what his friends might think of him being seen with you...he's not worth it...good luck...
 nicereginalady

WHAT IS UP THIS WEEKEND
Posted: 3/4/2006 5:12:44 PM
fun???...what's that????....work work and more work for me this weekend
 nicereginalady
Msg: 15 (view)

what is she thinking?
Posted: 1/3/2006 6:47:36 PM
Hi Bob...you said that she broke up with you...you are still young..and if you haven't talked to her in 2 yrs...you two were quite young then...if you two were each others first loves..you will never stop loving each other...but...she broke it off with you for some reason or other...and do you really want to be put back into that...can you take another heartache from this lady and go through the pain of another break up with her if you do decide to give it a second chance...most relationships don't work the second time around...but the odd very odd one does...take alot of time and try to put your feelings aside and think of the pros and cons of what would/could happen if you try it again...don't jump into anything cause you think or do still have feelings for her...you need to figure out first if you really do still have feelings or if her calling just resurfaced them...good luck in your decsion...
 nicereginalady

Weird - a curse of the ex?
Posted: 12/9/2005 3:46:15 PM
Hi there...I can really relate to what you are saying..I had the same thing happen to me with a man that I cared for deeply...when we parted every time someone new came along..he would pop up...and the new relationship would never progress further...I believe things happen for a reason...coincidence..possibly...just follow your insticts as they will lead you in the right path and never second guess your first gut feelings as they are usually correct...good luck..
 nicereginalady
Msg: 8 (view)

What am I missing......
Posted: 10/28/2005 9:44:11 PM
boy do I know what you are going through...just went through this in the past two weeks...I finally laid it on the line and told him he needs to sort out his feelings and when he does call me..but remember that I won't wait forever and will move on...lay all the cards out on the table and tell her how you feel and how what she is doing makes you feel...it may make her think..or it may not...I wish you all the best...
 nicereginalady
Msg: 14 (view)

Do you care if your woman makes more?
Posted: 9/16/2005 4:55:01 PM
yes I know it is...and it's very sad to think that ppl would divorce over it....one day you could have all the money in the world....and the next..be flat broke...you just never know what tomorrow will hold for you....
 nicereginalady
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 9/16/2005 4:50:30 PM
laverboy...I'm sorry but have to disagree with you...I can't speak for all women..but can for myself...just because I make more money than my partner....doesn't mean I want credit for it....it really shouldn't matter who makes more in any relationship..as relationships should be a 50/50 partnership...as for arguments...if your going to fight over money..then maybe two ppl shouldn't be together...as money doesn't make a relationship..but unfortunatly most ppl make it the relationship...or a part of it....for myself...I wouldn't even consider just the money as ours...it would be everything that we have...furniture,appliances etc....we share everything...not just money... thats just my feelings on this though..and I know we all have our own thoughts and feelings...
 nicereginalady

Posted: 9/16/2005 4:42:39 PM
yup...have had that experience...when we first met...he made more than me...then I got a raise that put my wage over his...was a big blow to his ego as he used to make comments to me about him making more than I...that relationship is over as he couldn't handle me making more than him...I agree with you...shouldn't matter who makes more money in a relationship... if you are married...it's our money...not mine or his...
 nicereginalady

Introspection. Are we killing love and romance?
Posted: 9/8/2005 9:39:40 PM
yes we over analyze love and romance...everyone does it to a point I think..alot of times without even realizing it...love and romance should be spontaneous as most things should be...I have never followed the 3 day rule...if I like someone and want to talk to them...I'm going to call them...why wait?...three days might be just the right time for them to meet someone else and think..oh well she/he hasn't called..what the hey and go out with the other person...you snooze you lose...I would rather call and lose than snooze and lose...but these are just my thoughts...*smiles*
 nicereginalady
Msg: 6 (view)

Games or just scared
Posted: 9/5/2005 11:53:27 AM
Hi there...I would have to say he's playing games to a point...if he can't make up his mind..then he's not ready for any type of relationship...sounds to me like..he's only keeping you around for when he needs a friend...it sounds like that you are just a convienence to him....when times are low he calls you...you need to go out and find a man that will be with for all the right reasons..not only when he feels the need that he wants you there....I can bet once you start dating others he will open his eyes...and hopefully then he will realize what he really wants...a relationship with you are a friendship...but you can't keep putting yourself and the children through all of this...it's not fair to you and it's not fair to them...sorry if I'm sounding harsh...but the fact is..nobody deserves to be treated like a convienence from anyone...either he wants a relationship or he doesn't...he needs to grow up and decide which one it is...I hope you all the best in your decision and try not to let yourself and the kids get hurt in the end...good luck...
 nicereginalady

Confused any suggestions ?
Posted: 8/31/2005 6:34:42 PM
Pinky...I have to agree with Dragon...all you can do is ask...why let yourself keep on going wondering if he does or doesn't like you more than friends...wouldn't you like to know now so that if the answer is no you can move on and not get more attatched to find out in a few months that he's not interested...all you can do is come out and ask...worst he will say is no...but what if he says yes..then the you two can build on that and start fresh...good luck
 nicereginalady
Msg: 13 (view)

What would you do?
Posted: 8/29/2005 3:48:52 PM
Ruger...you say you are looking out for the kids...my question is...what would stop her from leaving again for another 6 months or longer if she finds someone else once again?...how would your kids feel then?...mom left..came back...left again...that would be way to much emotional damage to their well being....kids are not pawns...and should never be treated as such....either she wants to be a mom..or she doesn't...parenting is not a convienence....it's a lifetime commitment....please make sure she will be there for the long haul before you even consider letting her come back....good luck with whatever you decide...
 nicereginalady

I really screwed up
Posted: 8/27/2005 12:01:46 PM
Just because he didn't tell you how he felt..didn't give you the right to be dishonest with him....sounds like you need to figure out what you really want...these men that you have dated..were you honest with them and told them about him?...it's not hard to say.."hey I have met someone else and would like to see where things go with him"....and tell them you just want to be friends and nothing more...as for sleeping with them...it shows you have no will power..and if things do go further with the guy from out of state...how do you think he's going to feel..always wondering if you're cheating on him on not...how would you feel if he did that to you?...if it would hurt you..don't you think it would hurt him?...as for you saying you can commit...can you really?..because your present/recent actions are saying otherwise...you say you told him because he wants honesty...but sleeping with someone else wasn't honest...you broke that trust with him..and now you are going to have to gain that back..if you can....but the big question is...would you have been honest with him and told him what you did while you were sober and not drunk?....good luck and maybe you can gain your trust back...
 nicereginalady
Msg: 11 (view)

Problem...!
Posted: 7/3/2005 3:54:37 PM
never say never...might be right ppl...wrong timing...if it's meant to be..it will be..whether it be tomorrow or 10 yrs from now....
 nicereginalady
Msg: 9 (view)

Problem...!
Posted: 7/3/2005 3:48:14 PM
yes I know exactly what you mean...lol...your still so young that right now you might think that he's what you want...but..there are lots of fish out there..and as you mature and grow older..your expectations will change of what you want and what you are looking for in a male...if you are looking for meaningful relationship...he can't be everything that you want..cause if he was..he would be giving you that part of the relationship that you are missing...sit back and take yourself out of the picture and try to look at it from the outside and see what we all see?...might take a bit..but you will be surprised as to what you see and how you may change your thoughts on him and the whole f buddy thing...
 nicereginalady

Problem...!
Posted: 7/3/2005 3:37:45 PM
have you tried to sit down and have a heart to heart talk with him..if he cares for you like he says he does...he will sit down with you and explain why he doesn't want more than just sex...as for you being together so there is no possible way for others..hate to break it to you..but when there's a will..there's a way...I can't speak for anything being wrong with him as I don't know him..but you are a very attractive young lady..and you deserve much better and should find someone that can give you what you want on both a physical and emotional level..not just the phyiscal level..unless I'm reading into this wrong..but your original post makes me think that you want a true and meaningful relationship..not just a f buddy...if you have questions or need someone to talk to..we live in the same city...so by all means email me
 nicereginalady

Problem...!
Posted: 7/3/2005 3:24:48 PM
why would he just want to stay f buddies with you if he cares for you?? might be something to think about...
 nicereginalady

Problem...!
Posted: 7/3/2005 3:21:45 PM
I'm sorry to tell you..but he's only in it for the sex...I don't think you are going to get more than sex from him....he might not be ready for a commited relationship...and if you are only f buddies..my question would be..how many more f buddies does he have besides you?...he might like having more than one going that's why he doesn't want more..just be careful and try not to get hurt...good luck...
 nicereginalady
Msg: 29 (view)

Judging (accurately) by appearances!
Posted: 7/3/2005 1:51:31 PM
brish..I was just thinking the same questions as you..lol..I think that writingstar has her own issues of low self esteem,insecurities etc and that she can't find a way to deal/fix them so she has to boost her own ego with assessing total strangers where she knows nothing about them....can't imangine being friends/dating someone when all they do is assess ppl the whole time they are with them...maybe I'm wrong..but that's the impression I'm getting..that when she is out in public she assess everyone that crosses her path...but that's just my personal assessment of her...LOL...maybe I'm inaccurate...maybe I'm not...how do I know...
 nicereginalady

Judging (accurately) by appearances!
Posted: 7/2/2005 2:30:07 PM
What people wear will tell you what they can afford to spend, whether they have any taste, whether they're casual, formal, sexy in outlook, whether they're in rebellion or part of the status quo. The way we dress tells a lot about us.

Next, the state of our bodies also says a lot about us. If the face is red and blotchy, that person drinks a lot. If the person is heavily overweight, that person invariably has low self esteem, doesn't eat nutritionally, and probably doesn't know how to. If a person has a bloated face, it means that their body is heavily toxic as an allergic reaction is setting in.

The problem is not assessing on appearances, but on having enough information and skill to assess accurately.

I'm sorry..but have to really disagree with you on this... you can't judge ppl on clothing..just because they may not wear top of the line clothing doesn't make them a bad person or tasteless..maybe they don't care to buy pricey items..doesn't mean they don't have money...as for judgement on body size...that doesn't mean crap..I'm a heavier set woman..and I work out 5 days a week..and I do know how and do eat healthy..and I do not have low self esteem...as for saying ppl have drinking probs due to a red face or blotches ...that's a load of crap too...I naturally have rosy cheeks and sometimes blotches..and I don't drink....some ppl are on meds that will make them look bloated,red blotches, etc...so in all reality don't you think it's unfair to judge someone on these basis without knowing their medical background or family history???

Show ALL Forums