Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Dont understand Guys!!
 Krizko
Msg: 14 (view)

Dont understand Guys!!
Posted: 6/19/2011 3:25:03 PM
janwb comes as close as any of the comments as to explaining why guys never get back to someone after what appeared to be a great date.

I think that "nice guys" may be especially guilty of this. I'm one of those. Often we'll go out on a date with someone whose just fine as a person. But there just isn't that chemistry that really makes a guy want to move to the next level. Sometimes this happens on subsequent dates.

We nice guy cowards just don't know what to say. We hate it when we're rejected. It's even worse when we're rejected after someone desirable gets our hopes up. Thus, the last thing we want to do is hurt the feelings of another nice person who has great expectations for us. So instead we cowardly shirk away to avoid the emotional pain of delivering the bad news. I think its easier for oncologists to tell patients they have cancer than for us to tell someone they don't meet our expectations.

Unfortunately, we don't realize that its much kinder and less hurtful to disclose that the relationship will not continue, than to leave someone wondering, frustrated, and ultimately hurt by our disappearing act.

Will I follow my own advice and not be a coward? I'm not sure.

Show ALL Forums