Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Needing a profile review, please!
 justanerd82
Msg: 12 (view)

Needing a profile review, please!
Posted: 11/19/2014 3:24:53 PM
Well, I did write "I am a poet," in my profile. Are you saying I should expand on that? I also feel like girls who enjoy gaming might be interested to know that I enjoy doing the same.

I've tried writing paragraphs in the past, but I've read that putting too much information will cause people to lose interest. I could definitely write more if you feel that I should.
 justanerd82
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 11/18/2014 1:08:26 PM
Thank you for your input, Ainen. You're right; sometimes we make assumptions without knowing the entire story. A mere snapshot can, in no way, allow you to get an understanding of the entire panoramic view.

I'll work on putting some of your advice into play as well. Thanks!
 justanerd82
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 11/18/2014 11:42:50 AM
Thanks for the help. I do appreciate it.

I often find difficulty in leaving out my sarcasm when writing profiles. Trying to show that I have a playful sense of humor, while at the same time attempting to show that I'm genuine is something I've always struggled with.

My apologies for seemingly offending you by coming off arrogant. Not my intention. I also find it difficult to fake the confidence we all find so attractive in the people we are looking to share our lives with.

No excuse for leaving the apostrophe out of I've in the profile, other than I wrote the profile on my phone. Much easier to pick up on mistakes now that I'm looking at a bigger screen.

Since I primarily write poetry, I do tend to get into ruts of repetitiveness - such as beginning each sentence with I. Writing without a rhythm in my mind takes work at times, especially in casual writing.

I'm adjusting a few things right now. Thanks again everyone!
 justanerd82
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 11/18/2014 9:45:17 AM
Just needing some constructive criticism in regards to my profile. I'm getting back into the online dating pool again and I'd like some honest opinions on what I need to improve on. Any help is much appreciated!

Show ALL Forums