Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Living on Less
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 23 (view)

Living on Less
Posted: 10/5/2012 12:31:17 PM

As for extreme couponing, while I do like a good sale with a coupon, that stuff you see on TV is BS. There are no stores where I live that would allow you to use that many coupons on that many products. Even the TV show admits that they are getting special services to get their store name on the show.

Yeah, a lot of what's shown on the TV show is bogus, however, it's the techniques is what people should pay attention to. Using coupons on sale items during double/triple coupon promotions. Printing coupons from manufacturer and various coupon web sites. Writing to manufacturers to get coupons. Comparison shopping for grocery items among several grocery stores - most stores post their weekly ads online.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 17 (view)

Living on Less
Posted: 10/4/2012 3:33:27 PM
- Learn how to do extreme couponing. You can save 50%-90% off your grocery bills.
- Keep your eye out for fresh or packaged meat near it's sell by date. Grocery stores will mark them down up to 90% off to move them. Even Walmart does that. You don't have to eat it all right away, freeze what you can't eat.
- Buy a food vacuum system and take advantage of bulk food prices. Food doesn't spoil as quickly when it's vacuum sealed.
- Shop at the Dollar stores for many household items. A lot (but not all) of their stuff works as well as the name brand stuff.

Got rid of my membership at Costco and now go with my mom when I need anything.

Costco memberships are allowed one additional free household membership card. ;-)
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 19 (view)

Help me understand the dry spells between each date!
Posted: 9/19/2012 6:13:27 AM

I should add, coupled with the fact that he's a doctor, he's also extremely good looking.

There you have it. He doesn't have to do the chasing. Women throw themselves at him. He has been conditioned to not do the chasing.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 13 (view)

Why do men message for intimate encounters, regardless of a woman's profile?
Posted: 9/18/2012 9:24:26 AM

What would make a man think that a woman would want or appreciate these types of messages regardless of what her profile says?

Possibly because they've gotten responses from other women who say the exact same thing in their profiles and yet slept with them on the first date. If some women don't mean what they say, how's a fella supposed to know what's what?
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 4 (view)

2009-2010 Volkswagen Jetta TDI diesel, or 2012 Mazda3?
Posted: 9/12/2012 11:17:34 AM
I suggest doing a fuel cost calculation for each car. That might help you decide one way or the other.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 3 (view)

how come POF goes down so much these days?
Posted: 9/12/2012 11:08:00 AM
POF uses GoDaddy for it's domain registration. Don't know if POF is using GoDaddy for it's web hosting services but GoDaddy was hacked recently and it caused problems for all of GoDaddy's clients. Some of the recent problems could be due to that.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 14 (view)

NEW FEATURE: BLOCK USER CHANGE
Posted: 9/7/2012 1:59:03 PM
I wish Markus would modify the system such that everyone is blocked by default from emailing anyone and you can only email someone who has given you permisson. That would eliminate so many complaints about this website.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 22 (view)

New Paid Feature...
Posted: 8/31/2012 9:00:46 PM

I seriously doubt that's the aim of the new feature. I think it's just a perk of the upgraded membership, not a reason to get one.

From Post #1

1. Buy Upgrade.
2. Download Latest app for Android phones and under images click on Add Animated Gif.
3. Great animated image and click on next..

Doh!
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 19 (view)

New Paid Feature...
Posted: 8/31/2012 8:04:23 PM
If the goal is to get more people to upgrade their memberships, this new feature ain't it. Not by a long shot.
 SingleGuy4912

Unwanted Responses
Posted: 8/30/2012 10:54:48 AM

Curious to know if the guys have this happen?

For me, not yet. I've heard it happen to other guys but it's pretty rare. I have seen the nude rotating ads though. Those don't bother me.

And what you would recommend to help prevent it, other than the block button or saying "not interested"?

Don't bother responding, just hit the block button.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 11 (view)

Public University vs. Private University
Posted: 8/30/2012 7:47:05 AM
OP, this might be helpful:
http://www.usnews.com/education
They rank colleges and universities in different categories so you can determine for yourself if it's worth going to a private vs public school. Some schools do have better reputations for particular courses of study.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 7 (view)

Microsoft Knowingly Misleads Trial Version Consumers
Posted: 8/29/2012 5:32:26 PM

Why not just use a system restore point to put your computer back to the way it was before you installed the trail?

+1.

Try this first before doing anything else.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 20 (view)

Need opinions
Posted: 8/29/2012 5:15:53 PM
It sucks what he did to you but hopefully you learned something about yourself and/or from this experience so it doesn't happen again.
 SingleGuy4912

Getting touchy feely on the first date...
Posted: 8/24/2012 8:33:29 AM
The thought of swapping saliva with a total stranger is a bit unsavory to me. Then again, I'm slightly germaphobic.
I agree with the others who say don't be guilted into doing something you're not comfortable with.
 SingleGuy4912

2 problems
Posted: 8/24/2012 7:57:26 AM
It went through the motions of faxing, but did not fax.

When you say it goes through the motions, you can hear the number being dialed and the other end being answered by a fax machine?

The Magic Jack Knowledgebase says this about fax machines:

Can I send and receive faxes using magicJack?
Answer:
It should work fine.

Plug your fax machine into your magicJack, just as you would normally connect your fax machine to your telephone jack.

IMPORTANT!! If your magicJack is connected to your computer, make sure that "Normal (Hi-Speed)" is selected. Your fax machine will not work if you have selected "Air Card (3G)".

Although the manual for the drives says that they WON'T work off a hub, I still think they MAY. Maybe what I need is a better quality, higher speed hub than the $20 dollar one I have.

For under $10 you should be able to find a 4 port USB 2.0 card. USB 3.0 cards will run you about $20 or so. USB cards will probably work better than a hub.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 15 (view)

the first message..
Posted: 8/23/2012 12:46:39 PM
If you don't want to send the first message, send a flirt or add him to your favorites. If the guy is attracted to your profile, he will respond. If he doesn't, move on to the next guy.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 2 (view)

2 problems
Posted: 8/22/2012 12:29:49 PM
If the fax dialer emits a series of tones to dial the phone, it should work fine with the Magic Jack Plus. The fax will not work if the dialer emits clicks like the old rotary phones. If the fax is new, it should work with the Magic Jack Plus. The Magic Jack Plus is an Analog to Digital converter.

the computer can only read 1 of them at a time.

How did you arrive at that conclusion? When you plug the drives in, each drive gets it's own drive letter. Both drives should be accessible independently, simultaneously, and transparently.
 SingleGuy4912

Is it weird to just be looking for new friends?
Posted: 8/22/2012 6:48:24 AM
While the majority of people are here for dating, a few do have 'Hang Out/Just Friends'. Nothing wrong with messaging those to see if they're open to the idea.
 SingleGuy4912

Weed smoking woman a turn off?
Posted: 8/20/2012 6:31:46 PM

There are no lies on my profile. The first indication of that is, if I were trying to lie about it, I don't think the first sentence of my profile would be what it is. When I think of drugs, I think of cocaine, alcohol, methamphetamine, heroin, pills. Whatever. I guess its open for interpretation. Just as, for example, the 'body type' section is completely open for interpretation. As far as openness, I think that stating my habit as the very first sentence is a perfect example of complete openness and honesty.

How's about you look up the definition of 'Cannabis' or 'Marijuana'? Subject to interpretation? Mmmmm....I don't think so....
 SingleGuy4912

Do guys prefer a woman with or without make up?
Posted: 8/20/2012 1:53:00 AM
For the guys who think women should go without makeup:
http://bereal-zura.blogspot.com/2012/03/behold-power-of-makeup.html
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 90 (view)

Men over 55 ??
Posted: 8/19/2012 11:10:11 PM

I did a search for men over 55 and put "doesn't matter" in most of the boxes except
for race and education. For the mileage range, I put 50. One profile showed up.
Is the search engine broken or don't men over 55 join these meeting sites?

More than likely, most of the guys have set their message filtering that excludes women with your profile settings such as age or distance which is why they don't show up when you search for them. If you want to test this, log out of PoF and do a search. You should get more results.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 5 (view)

Do guys prefer a woman with or without make up?
Posted: 8/19/2012 10:43:43 PM
Depends on the woman. Some look better with it. If you have to use it, go for the natural look.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 12 (view)

no one will talk on here
Posted: 8/19/2012 9:41:07 PM
Profile Reviews is two floors up. You need it. Badly.
 SingleGuy4912

block member from seeing you
Posted: 8/18/2012 7:05:58 PM
While it can't currently be done, there's nothing preventing Markus from implementing it if he wanted to.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 53 (view)

What is the best way to draw woman's attention
Posted: 8/18/2012 6:50:21 PM

What is the best way to draw woman's attention

Be a giant chocolate dildo that ejaculates money.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 12 (view)

New POF connection
Posted: 8/16/2012 3:36:56 PM
Call the police. Maybe his arm got caught on something and he can't get to the phone so he's busy sawing it off.
 SingleGuy4912

An idea for an upgrade feature
Posted: 8/13/2012 1:53:34 AM

To impliment it would mean that users would HAVE to login to view profiles which might sound good to users but I suspect would be an issue for admin as being able to browse prior to signing up for a membership allows non-members to see what they are getting into.

Currently, if the viewer is not logged in OR does not have an account, then nothing is recorded. Views are only recorded when a viewer has an account AND is logged in AND has the View Me setting enabled. That part does not need to change. The new feature would only affect recording when the View Me setting is disabled and take into account the number of browses.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 13 (view)

FAVORITE
Posted: 8/13/2012 12:25:45 AM
All of the reasons listed previously are possibilities. If you want to know specifically why THOSE guys added you to their favorites, you're going to have to ask THEM. If you don't get an answer, remove yourself from their list.
 SingleGuy4912

An idea for an upgrade feature
Posted: 8/12/2012 11:47:00 PM
If she viewed you and didnt message you she ALREADY REJECTED YOU.

Bad assumption. You assume everyone browses the way you browse. Also you're not taking into account the majority of women WILL NEVER initiate first contact.

OP's idea has merit but not the way he wants it to be implemented. Sure if someone browses once and never returns it means no interest. Multiple browses could indicate interest. And multiple browses within a certain timeframe increases the likelyhood that someone is interested. This feature could be implemented such that if there are multiple browses within a certain time frame, then that person shows up in the View Me section. This feature is definitely worth exploring.
 SingleGuy4912

Ready to Throw in the Towel
Posted: 8/9/2012 11:43:28 AM
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

You need to take a look at why you keep picking the wrong guys. Your picker needs adjustment.
 SingleGuy4912

Getting rid of old contacts
Posted: 8/9/2012 5:45:07 AM
I think OP wants to be able to selectively prevent profiles/thumbnails from being displayed on pages that he views as well as blocking them from messaging him. The competing free site, OKC, has a feature to hide profiles which is useful though I'm not sure if it also works in reverse.

The hiding profiles feature has been requested many times for several years now. Doesn't look like it's a high priority item or even if it's on the ToDo list.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 70 (view)

intimate encounters
Posted: 8/8/2012 5:14:20 PM
If there is a man on here that hasn't attempted contact with someone listing "intimate encounters" I would like to meet him.

Nice to meet ya.

I admit to having done a search for such women, but only out of curiosity. I would never contact one for several reasons, the main one being that's not what I'm looking for.
 SingleGuy4912

No responses?
Posted: 8/8/2012 12:07:05 PM

why cant girls on here respond to messages instead of viewing profiles and ignores messages all the time i dont get it i tryed to be nice to them and try my best to answer stuff about there pages and all i get is profiles viwed with no messages

No reply == no interest. Keep repeating that to yourself.

Look at it from their perspective. If you get 100's or even dozens of messages a day, there'd be no way for you to respond to all of them. Even if you did, some people won't like that you rejected them and will b!tch you out for that. Best to not reply.
 SingleGuy4912

Profiles not showing up in search...
Posted: 8/8/2012 11:47:12 AM
If you can't find a profile via a Search, that person has configured their message filters to disallow you from finding them. If you are finding their profiles among the 8 thumbnails above your inbox, it's because the code which determines which thumbnails to display doesn't take into account some of their message filters. PoF has a lot of inconsistencies like that.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 16 (view)

Men's attitudes to women's work
Posted: 8/8/2012 5:12:45 AM
How much detail about your business do you give to those guys? When I see that someone runs their own business, I think, cool, they can play hooky whenever they want because they have people working for them that they can delegate to. If that is not the case for you, then you should inform those guys. How are they supposed to know that you HAVE to work and that you have no one to delegate to?
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 16 (view)

What's a suitable pet for a 5 yr. old child other than dogs or cats?
Posted: 8/7/2012 9:39:28 AM
You should get the pet for yourself and let the child help you take care of it instead of getting the pet for the child. That way it wouldn't matter if the child loses interest. So having said that, what kind of pet would YOU like that is also suitable for a 5 year old to play with and help care for?
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 9 (view)

Date goes on for 2 1/2 hours or longer and yet she's still not interested
Posted: 8/7/2012 4:10:24 AM
The question is what makes a person decide to let a date go on for that long if he/she isn't "feeling" it?

Not everybody makes their decision based on instant attraction or chemistry. This might sound weird to you but maybe they were giving you a chance to see if an attraction could develop. Maybe you were pleasant to hang out with but it just didn't click.
 SingleGuy4912

What's a suitable pet for a 5 yr. old child other than dogs or cats?
Posted: 8/7/2012 3:56:57 AM
http://www.petsit.com/choosing-your-childs-first-pet?id=332195
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 8 (view)

Teen lifeguard gets $2,600 bill for saving drowning boy's life
Posted: 8/4/2012 10:00:40 AM
That article didn't tell the complete story. The lifeguard had a headache and was taken to the hospital in the ambulance with the kid who's life he saved which is why he also got a bill. A couple anonymous donors are paying the lifeguard's bill after they heard the news.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/local/story/rescue-bill-ambulance/WwkGHTzV0E6EqyQ66qxp_A.cspx
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 26 (view)

Has this happened to anyone else on a first date??
Posted: 8/3/2012 11:50:49 PM
- She was off her meds
- She was dared to do that by her friends
- She was trying to get out of a bad date
- You were being punk'd
 SingleGuy4912

Deleted Message From a Private Account
Posted: 8/3/2012 11:24:02 PM
Log into your PoF account from your PC not your iPhone. She should be in your contact history. Message will still be gone, nothing can recover it.
 SingleGuy4912

How can I save all the messages between another user and myself?
Posted: 8/3/2012 11:14:08 PM
Open the message thread for the messages you want to save.
From the menubar at the top of screen, click 'File->Save As' or press the <ctrl-s> key
'Save WebPage' window will popup asking for a filename to save to.
Browse to the directory where you want to save the file or create a new one.
Enter a new filename or use the default one.
Click 'Save'.
You're done.

If you want to read those messages, use the 'File->Open...' or press the <ctrl-o> key.
Browse to the directory where you saved the messages.
Select the file and click 'Open'

Instructions are for Internet Explorer but should be similar for any browser.
 SingleGuy4912

can't get to POF anymore !
Posted: 8/2/2012 1:44:24 AM
Actually, the way that DNS is reserved is not just through your router. It first checks on your individual computer for a file. The name of the file is hosts. You could essentially edit that file and make say(example) facebook.com go to plentyoffish.com If it cannot resolve the DNS from this file it then goes to your router, THEN it goes to a public server. So, I would first try to edit the hosts file to the proper ip. Although since you tried manually typing in the ip address and it didnt work I doubt it would solve the issue.

The DNS is used to resolve hostnames to IP addresses. OP is not having a name resolution issue. He's having a routing issue.

hey mate, you sound like you no what your talking about! only joined pof last week and im not good with tech, drive a 12ton forklift all day but struggle with internet on my phone! lol. im having problems login in, i changed my username & password and submited new details & opened email to activate them but my old details keep coming up & if i try to delete them and put in my new details it just keeps bringing up my old ones! i tryed the help section on pof & sent an email askin why or if they could solve it for me & heard nothing back! please help me because its getting on my tits now, have been getting on well with nice girl & now struggling to even contact her DOH! thanks punkyboy

I don't use the PoF Smartphone app so I can't help you. You should probably start your own thread so that someone who does can help.
 SingleGuy4912

Car Trouble -battery to be specific
Posted: 8/2/2012 1:30:24 AM
You can find your battery size on the website of auto supply stores that sells batteries.

According to advanceautoparts.com, your battery size is 34 but it is for US. Don't know if Canada uses the same size or the same standard so you need to look it up using Canadian auto parts suppliers.
 SingleGuy4912

What's for Dinner?
Posted: 8/2/2012 12:10:21 AM
Ok, why is it that some women think they need to be taken to the finest restraunt in town on the 'first date'?

Because they're accustomed to such treatment. If it bothers you, pick different types of women.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 6 (view)

The girl on the bus
Posted: 8/1/2012 5:12:20 PM
Do you frequently catch her peeking at you?

When she sees you peeking at her, does she turn away while smiling? Those are other signs.

Try to start a conversation with her. Ask her about school or work.
 SingleGuy4912

The girl on the bus
Posted: 8/1/2012 4:49:29 PM
Just because she smiles at you doesn't mean she likes you.

When she gets off the bus, does she look back at you? That's more of a sign.
 SingleGuy4912

Asking him his last name
Posted: 8/1/2012 4:42:25 PM
Maybe the guy had problems with women stalkers in the past....

Have you tried one of those reverse phone number lookup services?

vvv I agree it's a red flag but guys occasionally have problems with psycho women too. Maybe he's waiting until he's comfortable that OP is not one.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 9 (view)

RAM Boosting with SDHC card
Posted: 7/30/2012 9:20:39 PM
Unfortunately, that is an old machine and you're already at the limit.

Give the SDHC card a shot. Or use one of your USB 2.0 slots. 4 GB USB Thumbdrives are dirt cheap.
 SingleGuy4912

RAM Boosting with SDHC card
Posted: 7/30/2012 4:42:12 PM
I have an HP that can only take 1 GB modules but it's over 10 years old. If your's is fairly recent, it should be upgradeable. What is the make and model of your laptop?

Show ALL Forums