Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Vegetarians, Vegans and Meat Eaters
 fractalena
Msg: 11 (view)

Vegetarians, Vegans and Meat Eaters
Posted: 12/9/2011 3:50:22 PM
You know... If you switch to "I can't eat anything with a brain", you might become a cannibal before you know it ...
 fractalena
Msg: 5 (view)

give and take
Posted: 12/9/2011 3:26:06 PM
In my experience, when you start calculating, it is the beginning of an inevitable end.

In a normal relationship, you give whatyou can, and you take what you are offred, and vice versa; AND both sides are happy. Maths begin when someone is not satisfied, but by that time the relationship is pretty much doomed.

Hopefully, sometimes it might be possible to talk things out, clear it all up, and it might happen that there was no problem, just a communication issue.

More often than not, though... it means, you need to move on.
 fractalena
Msg: 9 (view)

Vegetarians, Vegans and Meat Eaters
Posted: 12/9/2011 3:15:35 PM
What happened to the ancient "live, and let live" principle? Why should something some bimbo like Linda McCartney invented as a sales pitch line for her trade acquire such great importance - I am referring to "I can't eat anything with a face"?

If someone feels strongly about the issue, let them go ahead with it but,for fcusk's sake, stay outta my way, and I will not cross yours. Life's too short for silly discussions.

I find it really pathetic when someone sticks to vegetarian politics at the expense of the really serious social issues. Well, if that makes them feel good, ok - that saves the NHS some bucks for psychotherapy.
 fractalena
Msg: 21 (view)

Greatest Lovesong
Posted: 12/9/2011 2:49:01 PM
I second Bubbles and "Don't wanna miss a thing"; and more Aerosmith with "Pink..."

Also, in no particular order:
You do something to me, Paul Weller http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc_rAX6z9Yc

Fallin', Alicia Keys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXNEkytNcuM (love it, how she blends inthe Moonlight Sonata; Joaquin Cortes is missing but if you are willing to swap the moonlight snippet for his sexy appearance, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqzH7VFqAz4&)

tough cookie love, almost indigestible: Ohne Dich, Rammstein http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76zEsOeS5NY (nothing to add... text is overwhelming)

for flirting one's head off (although this song goes back to times before i could flirt, let alone speak)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlGA_TQRHEw

another oldie, love like electric shock, in Italian at that heh:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2T8Wr546Js

something went wrong so I am rationalising but...: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef3XZtJoJCM Diana Krall, Just one of those things

wish I were there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRHV9EiFa3g I've got the world on a string...

awful one, do we really need to get to this point?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebyGCY5UR1Y Oscar Benton, Different Dreams (I, personally, think he is a whiner)

when it is over (FAVOURITE SONG!!!!) but not quite, it still hurts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-0lV5qs1Qw Leonard Cohen, Closing Time, of course

where I want to be: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC_gfrtGiXk Technicolor Dreams, Bee Gees
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58ceB8U9N3w Soul Kitchen, Doors
or in the in-between time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXfAkBPlmvY Make it Funkyplsssssssss

Ooops.... What are your themes for the different phases, guys?
 fractalena
Msg: 125 (view)

Are uk guys increasingly marrying overseas girls?
Posted: 11/4/2011 4:03:17 PM
Could someone please explain why all "foreign girls" are piled together?
 fractalena
Msg: 16 (view)

Would you watch a film just because of who's Starring in it?
Posted: 11/4/2011 4:00:26 PM
I go for directors first; or an adaptation of a book I love - if I don't like it, I can get my kicks out of bashing it. Actors are important, too - went on an Anthony Hopkins spree once, and on a Malcolm McDowel spree...
I do miss the feeling that the film I am about to see is a miracle.
 fractalena
Msg: 60 (view)

Is internet dating easier in cities?
Posted: 11/4/2011 3:54:20 PM
Maybe it is, because, after all, it is always a numbers' game.
 fractalena
Msg: 53 (view)

Kindle E-Books versus Real Books
Posted: 11/4/2011 3:53:17 PM
Nothing can replace the feel a real book creates; I love them all: the new ones, fress off the print, still smelling of ink, that seem to promise a discovery; the pre-loved ones (what an awful euphemism..) in the charity shops, or ebay, or wherever, that seem to come with a history of their own; the library ones, behaving like a damsel in distress, that are saying "I am too god for ya"... BUT... that love hurts big time when you have to pack and go, and leave them behind.

Maybe we shouldn't be talking about the books; maybe we should be thinking about us?
 fractalena
Msg: 28 (view)

Raising the 'Bar'
Posted: 11/1/2011 8:49:41 PM
Rrrrrrrrright, and the only thing that doesn't seem to stem from either nicotine, or alcohol, consumption is obesity. How about chocolate, hi-carb junk foods get duly taxed, too?
I had a colleague who'd go into a self-righteous rant about my smoking - all the while munching some sugary bar, and being 80 pounds minimum overweight. She did have to stop moaning after I repeatedly accused her of offending *my* sensibilities cos I didn't smoke in front of her, but she did munch on the choccy bars in front of me.
How about paying the equivalent of excess luggage fee for being overweight? Why should I pay extra for every book in my luggage while someone, weighing 300 pounds, pays nothing cos all they have is a tattered copy of Playboy or OK!?
Let's see, what else... Bottle blondes damage the environment, too!
 fractalena
Msg: 18 (view)

Kindle E-Books versus Real Books
Posted: 10/28/2011 3:16:18 PM
I switched to almost 100% ebooks several years ago, and am very selective when buying paper books; you would, too, if you had to move countries too often and leave stuff behind.
Even so... there are 6 boxes, still unpacked since my last move 3 weeks ago. Logistics is a problem when you have to travel often, yet need access to your bookshelf.
 fractalena
Msg: 56 (view)

How materialistic are you?
Posted: 10/22/2011 6:02:48 PM
^^^
Sure, sis, what's your prob?
 fractalena
Msg: 69 (view)

Suits you sir
Posted: 10/22/2011 5:59:16 PM
Argh.... while I lived in the UK, I missed a proper shower - like, a walk-in, no-nonsense, shower; now... I miss the bathtub - unfortunately, my bathroom is so tiny that I can't fit one in. Life...
 fractalena
Msg: 53 (view)

Could you eat Dog.
Posted: 10/22/2011 5:46:25 PM
Gosh, it is so nice to discover that there are so many posters (all of the posters so far) who are sensitive vegetarians! Cos really... dogs... beef...pork... chicken... they should be protected, not eaten!
On the other hand, if you try and pick a lettuce after 8 p.m., and hear how she screams... maybe you should switch to using protein powder for nutrition? It is mostly whey protein, so there is no cosmic power screaming murder at you.
 fractalena
Msg: 54 (view)

How materialistic are you?
Posted: 10/22/2011 5:29:25 PM
Please don't let me be misunderstood but... I am more bothered by people being judgemental about things like that, rather than the 500 bucks bag. I could never understand it, why anyone would be interested in what people spend on whatever they fancy. Maybe you would elaborate on your concern? Like, wouldn't 500 gbps be better spent on charities, panda protection, whatever? Possibly, yes. BUT before questioning someone else's spending habits, I would suggest one starts with making their own spending account available publicly.
 fractalena
Msg: 58 (view)

User names, why you picked them and.........
Posted: 10/14/2011 2:56:42 PM
Mine is a hybrid between my name (Elena) and the passion for maths in general and all things fractal in particular; it is funny that noone has ever discovered/questioned/noticed the fractal component in the username, never thought it is something outlandish.
Maybe should switch to jaffalena or similar?
 fractalena
Msg: 41 (view)

Labour’s immigration policy DID drive down wages and living standards
Posted: 9/28/2011 7:00:06 AM
Zamchick, hellysheroes: thanks for your understanding/support, ladies; and apologies if I sounded defensive - I guess I was; I just hate it when someone grabs the tar brush and tries to paint it all black and white.
Too lazy to look up stats but the majority of imported labour is invisible; people come to the UK for a variety of purposes, and I think most of us are here legally and with a very clear idea of what we should and shouldn't do. Most of the people who are self-employed do not undermine local fees, except when new start-ups and need to get a foot in the door, and that is usually done Groupon style (that is, at their own expense). And yes, it is bloody difficult to survive when you have nothing but yourself to rely on - just as Helly pointed out.
As to spongers - they come in all shapes, forms and hides, and that is a different issue.
Unemployment is structural; teenage pregnancy is also structural, and cultural, and the terms on which these problems should be addressed should be very clear. Blame it on immigrants - fine, gives an outlet to pent-up humours and canned energies, but would it be productive?
 fractalena
Msg: 34 (view)

By yourself
Posted: 9/28/2011 6:35:18 AM
Alan, sounds like something in the setup was wrong, and you ended up in the wrong company. No clues so will not be judgemental of the gang you were with, but just a few thoughts (from personal experience).
I think there is something about us when we are vulnerable and lonely (as opposed to alone) that provokes the killer instinct (or victim-spotting instinct) in others, who may otherwise be quite OK people. This only happened to me once, at a school reunion I shouldn't have attended in the first place, as it was just after my divorce and I was a mess in all respects; I felt - and probably looked - as a total 1000% failure, dunno... As time went by, things changed, and right now it is very much the opposite - and it hasn't required work on my part, it just happened, as a side-effect of the change that I went through (so nothing to brag about). Now it is more, like, "Hey, folks, I am going to so and so - would be happy to see some friendly face there" on google+ or facebook, and more often than not someone turns up, or, usually, complains of the short notice or something. I think solo that doesn't actively recruit (or need) company sends a different message.
But, maybe, I completely missed your point; wonder what you think?
 fractalena
Msg: 19 (view)

Posted: 9/26/2011 5:56:48 PM
Well, maybe cos instead of saying "Cheeeeeeeeeeeese", he looks as if thinking and saying "Cheddar!" (how did he get rid of the Oxonian accent?); yet, nice to know I am not the only cheddar-addict in this country.
 fractalena
Msg: 30 (view)

hard work conversations!
Posted: 9/26/2011 5:01:16 PM
OP... both examples have something to do with your hair; how about you post a picture with no hair?
I empathise, really, cos when my profile was on, it usually seemed to beg the same pick-up line: "Love your hair LOL" (me: huh? delete, no reply) "Do you sleep in rollers?" (me: no, i don't; delete, no reply) and so on.
My approach:
* if the message contains LOL, ROFL, txt speak - ditch without pricks of conscience;
* if it is a one-sentence message that passes the Turing test - reply, even if it is "thanks, but no, thanks"; but give it a chance, intelligent life is so scarce nowadays.

P.S. There are wonderful people out here, and I am so happy I've met you - you know who you are! :)
P.P.S. Casual converations http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmD_XG_6dN0 (It doesn't matter what I say, you never listen anyway...)
Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry,again couldn't help it...
 fractalena

Posted: 9/26/2011 4:23:12 PM
I think you are beating a dead horse; there is nothing to discuss, but, maybe, dissect is more appropriate.
I am a foreigner, and have survived in this country on self-employed basis for some time. Being self-employed is a challenge in any country, but even more so when you are a foreigner anywhere. I am only here because it was more convenient to be here while I am working on my degree (self-funded 100%). Believe it or not, I am not the only one, and there are lots of people like me, who give more to the economy (taxes) than what they take (nothing). So, compared to a native chav with off-spring who will keep on draining your native economy for years to come, I am not polluting the pristine Brit environment with my presence.
Xenophobia is such a convenient excuse for not facing the real cause of the problems in your own country, though.
 fractalena
Msg: 15 (view)

By yourself
Posted: 9/26/2011 3:57:45 PM
Well, Alan, some of the strangers out there are friends we are yet to get to know, just as some of the friends we think we have are just strangers we (mistakenly) think of as friends. Go figure...

Been to a DA event in Cardiff some time back, was a great experience. Maybe I was lucky, just wanted to have fun and meet people (no expectations or strings attached).
 fractalena
Msg: 12 (view)

By yourself
Posted: 9/26/2011 3:33:08 PM
Yikes, you have a POF meeting nearby and not going??? In my neck of the woods (New Forest) nothing is happening, and Portsmouth is logistically inconvenient but hold on, London, moving there soon!

I don't think there are any bulls and horns involved, not even mad cows - just look at the threads with pictures and stories; if those don't make you envious, don't know what will. Just do it.

And to step down from the pulpit: yes, more often than not the social gatherings I have attended have been in solo capacity; actually, bringing someone along is more of a liability than privilige so I would be challenged to *have* to bring someone with me, rather than go on my own. Holidays on my own: yes, that has happened, too. You just have to plan a bit more carefully so you don't end up bored but so far it has never happened.

Sorry to sound like an optimist. :)

P.S. Couldn't help this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D0zfB1l1x0
red wine, chocolates, chocolates, chocolates... Argh.........
what's wrong with that, anyway? :D
 fractalena
Msg: 32 (view)

HOW TO ESCAPE A CONTROLLING PARTNER?
Posted: 9/26/2011 2:43:53 PM
OK then could we make this thread a tad more productive, and focus instead on how to spot a control freak? Prevention is certainly better than cure in this case.
I have never been in a controlled relationship (never say never...) but I have always walked out of anything that even remotely resembles that possibility; possibly, that also means, that I have walked out of relationships that might have been worthwhile, if they had been given the chance. Where is the fine line?
I have always gone with my gut feeling and comfort zone.
 fractalena
Msg: 14 (view)

Stay at home parent, kids are over 18.
Posted: 9/20/2011 3:25:16 PM
Maybe they should have banned Desperate Housewives for anyone who can't pay 100 GBP to view an episode... Yes, a single episode!
 fractalena
Msg: 46 (view)

Moving In
Posted: 9/20/2011 2:23:58 PM
either i allow her to move in or we go our separate ways....

And how did she take it, when you told her the choice was to go separate ways?

I love being offered an ultimatum; that saves me any pricks of conscience I might have otherwise had...
 fractalena
Msg: 12 (view)

Pronouncing certain words
Posted: 8/23/2011 3:01:06 PM
Not nit-picking, but "clematis" should be pronounced cleMAHtis, as per Latin pronunciation rules, I think.
As a non-native speaker, I do get a thrill when I hear "I goes... I says... I could OF done that..."; some even write that way. What can you do - just avoid.
 fractalena
Msg: 8 (view)

The End Of Education As We Know It?
Posted: 8/20/2011 5:23:03 PM
Sorry about the bullying experiences, Loulaloulou and Shaney but... bullying is not uncommon in online educational settings, too. I was never bullied at school, but during one of my online courses something like that did happen, and even if we call it, say, cyber-bruising, and not bullying per se, it does happen and yes, it does hurt.

I am afraid we get a lot of things mixed up in our duscission here; or maybe I am too partial, because online education (languages) is what I am researching and doing. I am an optimist because so far I can only see the positive side of it (as an educator). I wish I could say bullying could be controlled online, but no, it is maybe much more subtle and it still occurs. However... In a properly managed and balanced course , you would ideally feel empowered by the freedom that taking control of your studies gives, while, at the same time, there is a community of people who are in the same predicament, and you can always rely on support, encouragement, collective brain-storming or collective being silly. The role of the online instructor is much more complex, though, than in a face-to-face situation; and it isn't a cookie-cut role, and it is still too new to know what works, what doesn't, and before you know it, hell breaks loose despite your good intentions. On the other hand... it is fascinating, when you reach out across the globe, and you see the results, it feels just as great as ina real classroom.

And on the third hand... would I swap my university days of lazy hazy crazy days of partying, alternating with the mandatory coffee cup and umpteen fags outside the 24/7 library, greeting the sunrise before exams, and wild years altogether, which was all part of growing up (old and nostalgic eh) with an online course? Hell, no, cos I am selfish! But... if I were practical, maybe I should have.

Ooops... I would hate to be operated on by someone who's only been trained online!
Now beam me outta here, scotty, or shut me up!
 fractalena
Msg: 34 (view)

Do you or did you find it hard to find a date in your 40's
Posted: 8/17/2011 6:00:19 PM
First off, thanks for summing it up, Cinder:

dates are easily come by, but not the right type of man. Well that's my issue with dating at least.

As to the post I am supposedly replying to, and more specifically:

Men are in relationships for sex and if you are not offering it men will walk and get it elsewhere.

Men who don't expect sex are regularly chided by women as being too nice or having no chemistry etc.

So OP ... offer sex..

Women need sex as much as men do. In my experience, only men who have nothing else to offer but their own sex needs can claim this - and, to be polite, there are probably exceptions and you are one of those. However... If someone comes across as too needy, sorry, he is even more likely to be chided as being desperate and having no chemistry.
 fractalena
Msg: 6 (view)

What kind of idiot believes this ?
Posted: 8/11/2011 1:34:28 PM
Doh... The answer to everything is 42.
You do need a conversion formula to make it applicable to everyday situations but at a humble subscription rate of 59.99 GBP a month, we can get it to you.
 fractalena
Msg: 36 (view)

Dumped by Text
Posted: 7/27/2011 7:15:13 PM
I believe in good manners so I would thank them for letting me know.

Hopefully, they will not attempt any further contact, as I don't have enough good manners to spare them the follow-up.
 fractalena
Msg: 13 (view)

Advice please
Posted: 7/26/2011 8:34:40 PM
OP, no comments on whether you look 50, or plus, cos we are here to support each other.
So I'd rather stay silent.
Paying for membership doesn't guarantee anything. Agreeing to meet doesn't guarantee anything, either. Why not take it one step at a time?
 fractalena
Msg: 7 (view)

Morale Dilema.
Posted: 7/25/2011 6:01:04 PM
The guy is out to play. Good girls also like to play. If you interfere now, you will either be laughed out, or (actually, first or, then and) be shot as the messenger.

Me being me, I would confront the guy personally; if I am in no position to do it personally, I would keep silent.
 fractalena

Flirting with Married people
Posted: 7/25/2011 5:29:20 PM
1 - appear interested; if you are genuinely interested, that is a bonus for both of you -cos you won't have to pretend, and you won't be misleading anyone;
2 - a spelling check is always nice; txt spk is cheap...
3 - don't go beyond your comfort level, or you will be disappointed
 fractalena
Msg: 22 (view)

can you flirt?
Posted: 7/25/2011 5:09:04 PM
Define flirting, please.

I was diagnosed as a flirt at the tender age of 2; but, I suspect, things have deteriorated since then as I am a bit too picky now.

Flirting is a game, and not unlike a dance; so it could be a tango, it could be strictly ballroom, as well as anything in between. Now, if you are unlucky enough to encounter someone so uncouth that they don't recognise the genre, then... run.

Gotta love Frenchies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlGA_TQRHEw
:P
 fractalena
Msg: 24 (view)

Where is the best place to meet the opposite sex?
Posted: 7/18/2011 4:27:46 PM
Cinderfreakinella... You are great! Where is that bouquet emoticon???? :))))))))))

And all other guys, too - laughing my head off!

May I revert the question: how do you avoid meeting the opposite sex? Then, by filtering out the places where we avoid them, we will have a list of places to encounter them. Then we could start stratifying them according to types we want to meet.
 fractalena
Msg: 10 (view)

Hi, I’m An Idiot. Advice Please!
Posted: 7/18/2011 4:19:38 PM
You are not an idiot, you are just acting like one, and, most probably innocently, have been taken for a ride. If you take some time off and don't rush into the next perfect relationship, you may actually be able to analyse the situation yourself quite soon.

Even with my most optimistic hat on, this lady has used you as an emotional and/or ego-boosting crutch; move on, this is not the right time to hang around. After she has used and discarded several more crutches, she might eventually overcome whatever hangups she has to.

I am genuinely sorry you had to go through all this but ... move on.
 fractalena
Msg: 25 (view)

Songs that you play, when you break up with her/him?
Posted: 7/18/2011 3:35:51 PM
That is a lovely one!

I also love Ella's "Just one of those things" (http://youtu.be/t9jnhtWfn-4) -or, if you prefer, Diana Krall's version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1EyKPiisQE .But not Jamie Cullum! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1EyKPiisQE

Buttttttttt when it is closing time, it is closing time... http://youtu.be/7-0lV5qs1Qw
 fractalena
Msg: 24 (view)

Songs that you play, when you break up with her/him?
Posted: 7/16/2011 6:20:12 PM
I should think "Hit the road, Jack" is most suitable.
Strider mentioned Ohne Dich (Bambi, what you quote is quite a bit lost in translation) but that is the agony before breaking up, usually. Once the decision has been taken, it is "I can see clearly now" (Holly Cole). Or, if Jack doesn't want to hit the road fast enough, it is"Sail away" time for me.

Sometimes, rarely, but it has happened we are "You're my mate" (Righ Said Fred).

P.S.Hey, if someone needs some TLC with a twist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qslILPDmc
You'll survive ...
 fractalena
Msg: 11 (view)

Social networking.....
Posted: 7/11/2011 7:17:17 PM
Never liked FB, too intrusive, too time-consuming; occasionally useful for professional contacts. But, then, that is what LinkedIn is for; why would I want to add a PoFer there, though? LinkedIn is strictly business, and so is Twitter (for me, anyway).

Too much of an INTP, I guess.
 fractalena
Msg: 83 (view)

Ghosts!!!
Posted: 7/8/2011 8:41:03 PM
This is just a ghost of a thread - Q.E.D. :)
 fractalena
Msg: 101 (view)

Negativity on the net
Posted: 1/22/2011 4:16:36 PM
Er... apart from Freud's very own megalomania, and I doubt he'd rattle his bones to reflect on that, you would be challenged to provide references. Yet, being a Jungean/Lacanian, I guess, I am somewhat biased.
What the heck does Freud to do with the topic, anyway?
 fractalena
Msg: 51 (view)

Should I stop being nice?
Posted: 1/22/2011 2:38:10 PM
Hooking to the first post: ok, folks, what's the deal? Would you launch a complaint campaign if you play the lottery for, say, umpteen months and you get nothing in return? Same thing.
Negative feedback can be sugar-coated (thnx but no thnx), deleted-without-reading, just ignored, so what the F?
 fractalena
Msg: 31 (view)

Is it just me who finds people who ask to meet straight away not normal?
Posted: 1/22/2011 12:56:28 PM
Then peace, bro... You said it better than I tried: I see no reason for meeting someone if I were not sure there was at least *some* chance that we might click; unfortunately, more often than not, I know we won't, and I'm right.
I totally agree with everything you say in your last post.
 fractalena
Msg: 30 (view)

Posted: 1/22/2011 12:32:33 PM
"being uncomfortable" - sitting next to, doing the small talk thing while thinking "dran Scotty, please, beam me outta here". I'd rather prevent that, and there are pretty good indicators even in messaging.
Fun things - why, there are lots. Work is fun. Hobbies are fun. Talking with like-minded friends is fun. You are not telling me that one's efforts should be focused on finding a date for date's sake just by jumping at any and every offer?
P.S. If you were referring to the pingponging I mentioned in my previous post, that is another story altogether. Was joking, rather.
 fractalena
Msg: 29 (view)

Posted: 1/22/2011 12:01:28 PM
Well, it might be normal to them (there are number crunchers who play on the probability) and good luck to them with that. Personally, I prefer to have a good reason to meet someone - so it is also playing the probability game, only on different terms; simple maths - bettter to spend some time on email ping-pong and figure out if it is worth giving it a shot than spend an afternoon being uncomfartable in someone's company when there are so many other fun things to do.
Hate to admit the strategy is not working: have been ping-ponging with a great guy who seems to be as busy as myself so in the end, I'm afraid, we have to put it off till we are 64.
 fractalena

Are soap operas going to far with there storylines
Posted: 1/11/2011 4:20:40 PM
With programmable HD recorders so easily available, not to mention the internet, we can all make our own TV programming, whenever/ifever we want to watch anything; watch it or leave it, basically.
I would vote to ban soaps for many reasons but the only consideration that stops me is that soap watchers are a whole army more than people interested in other types of entertainment so we would be outnumbered and... soaped against our will.
 fractalena
Msg: 29 (view)

Would you.....
Posted: 1/11/2011 2:28:39 PM
Heh, Lusipher, thanks for doing the hard work and describing a situation I can simply copycat.
I'll try and add my bit, though. I think a 30 y.o. male me would destroy a 20ish y.o. female me, but would be in trouble if he hooks up with the 47 y.o. me - and that is a hypothetical IF cos the 47 y.o. female me would find the 30 y.o. male version plain boring, probably wrongly but hey ho...
I think, though, in any configuration my clones could, and most probably would, make great friends with each other; it's just that the proverbial sparks and butterflies would go only one way at different stages.
Interesting question, and Groucho Marx comes to mind.
P.S. Not discriminating against younger clones of either gender; I am not sure that a 50+ male me would interest me at this stage, either.
P.P.S. Hah! "I'm too sexy for my clone..." (ancient Right Said Fred); karaoke, anyone?
 fractalena
Msg: 56 (view)

What is your definition of a pervert ? are they given fair treatment ?
Posted: 1/9/2011 8:29:44 AM

having a strange man want to cover you in honey, spank your bum and get you to call him doctor

One of the best anti-cellulite treatments that exist!
And you are complaining...
 fractalena
Msg: 9 (view)

Solitary hobbies
Posted: 12/28/2010 12:34:07 PM
Photography (as someone mentioned), travelling (even if only short trips to explore nearby spots), car-camming (my recent dicovery - I have an action cam mounted on the roof of the car or on the dashboard; started off as a TYI how to drive in the UK, ended up as a hobby).
Bridge, bridge, bridge - it does take you out of the house (or brings people in, as the case may be) but finding a decent bridge partner is more difficult than finding a date so... the consolation is it is a beautiful game.
Lots of projects for volunteers are interesting, too...
Funnily, though I regard my swimming obsession as a sacred me-and-only-me-time, I met quite a few people at the local health & leisure centre.
Courses - languages; DIY stuff; whatever you might be interested in, there is probably a hobby group, if not a course, somewhere close.
 fractalena

I have trouble with meeting the male race
Posted: 12/28/2010 1:47:46 AM
Aha, so it is a love me, love my ushanka deal or no deal...
As to the happy birthday song, I was thinking of the version by The Vandals; it was really my birthday yesterday, and a freaky one as well. Maybe cos I am not English, indeed.
P.S. Seriously, I'm happy you have found what you are looking for.

Show ALL Forums